New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: A Heroes Challenge IC (Worm-Verse Game)

Introductory Scene

Hearing the displeasement in Jenny's voice Jack turns to face her: "I think there's a big advantage in having minions that don't feel fear and who can be destroyed without consequences. However if there's anything specific that you think it would be useful if they could, let me know. There's a bunch of limitations but we could give it a try."

An idea hits him. "Director, does the mind-less minions count as living?" He doesn't really expect a no but he can't help but hope."

Patch face lightens up when Josie takes his prompt. After attempting to work on the PRT for three weeks straight it was a nice change that someone actually listened to his points.

He looks mildly uncomfortable with being sniffed at but doesn't object.

After the split happened he'll examine each of the echo's with his glasses. He answers Force Echo with a shrug but doesn't look unaffected by the flattery.

"Given that none of you are naked I'm assuming that you copy whatever you are wearing. Do you copy everything, even electronic equiptment? What happens if you copy something and then leave it on the ground before merging?" he asks.

Examining the gift basket & card

Patch gives the gift basket a look with his glasses, trying to see if he can find something suspecious.

Later in the secure area

"Going on patrol does sound like a good idea", Patch injects: "I think I'd like to be on the second shift. Don't know the city well enough to care about the location. "

"Combat instructions would really be useful." Patch agrees.

"Sure, let me help you out" he says, before opening a browser on the computer at Robert's desk and direction it to the site. "What are you going to do?" he asks while his fingers dart over the keyboard

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

The long arm of the law

Robert was taken back by Patch's enthusiasm. Not that his willingness to help wasn't appreciated, he was just surprised by the tinker's enthusiasm. He just didn't expect for there to be options. Honestly, I would just be happy with something that works. He sat down in a chair next to the smaller man, and pulled up the right hand sleeve on his t-shirt. Underneath was a white suction cup that connected the stump attached to his shoulder with his prosthesis. His good hand fiddled with the suction cup, and he pulled the prosthetic arm off. He offered it to the tinker with a grimace. He was still having trouble adjusting to his missing limb, and it showed.

It's a good idea to try to make it from some stronger material, but I don't want to make this project any more harder for you then it already is. The plan was to transport any material I needed for fieldwork in my shield. He explained. Feel free to make it from whatever you want. To be honest, I don't know much about Material Sciences.

Later in the Secure Area

Robert stood up and moved to the side when Patch came over to his desk. I'm wondering if one of the Wards has an account on this website. Robert explained. I want to try to send a message, so I can start a dialogue.

He paused while he heard the other's engaged in conversation. The groups' collective fixation on fighting was somewhat worrisome. He stood up and walked over to the group of Ju Yi, Josie, and Jenny.

I understand the value of self-defence and the ability to protect others, but its more important to try to resolve conflict without fighting. I know there's going to be a lot of situations where we won't be given the opportunity, but its something to keep in mind.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    I would prefer to keep the Patch/Robert scene here.

Also, do any members of the Grey Hand have a PHO account?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Introductory Scene:

The Director looks over to Patch and shakes her head "You can't experiment on the minions."

One-On-One:

Director Sanderson gestures to the lights and then down to the basement "We already have a Tinker made generator, they're made by a tinker out in Vancouver and most PRT headquarters have them, and it completely powers the HQ so we can't be cut off in event of some terrible threat that cut us off." She looks him in the eye and laces her fingers together "Either way we wouldn't be able to put the funds towards any funding for you and your inventions if that's what you were thinking, there are these rules for a reason and part of being on probation is seeing if you can work within them."

Cams, Cams Everywhere:

Despite searching hard Patch can't find anywhere inside the building large enough to meet with people, though you did find a few corners or so that were outside of the cameras.

Examining the Gift Basket:

As you dissemble the things in the basket you don't find any threats anywhere and as you identify the scents you can smell dozens of different scents from the card and the other things in the basket, some are peoples while you recognize others as the standard scents of a pharmacy. You can also make out an unknown number of partial prints and smudged prints, presumably from people who looked at and touched the stuff before Insight got them. While one of the dozens of different people scents could be Insights scent you have no way to determine which it would be if it was any of them.

The molecular structure of the various objects in the gift basket are the same as any others and don't arouse any suspicion.

Later in the Secure Area:

With a quick search through the files the PRT has on the ex-Wards Patch finds that while they all went on the site only one of them, Trigger, had an account on the site under the username MiamiGirl562.
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Long arm of the law

The tinker puts the long needle that he had been using to fine tune the sniper rifle in front of him away to look at the prosthesis. "Hmm", he studies it for a few seconds: "Yeah, I can definitely fix you up something that works way better than this."

Patch smiles at Vanguard's assurance.
    "Don't sweat it. I appreciate the distraction. "

"Well, the first thing you should know about materials is that there's different kinds of strength. For instance hardness is how much stress a material can take before it changes shape permanently, here steel is pretty strong. But spider silk is stronger than steel in terms of tensile strength, how much stress it can withstand while being stretched, and sheer toughness, as the ability not to rupture."
    Patch stops and catches himself. "Sorry, I have a tendency to get carried away when... Aanyway. Backtracking. If you want the arm to be made of something that you can use with your power the real question is where we would get the money to the material from. I have an idea for a machine that can make materials but it'll be hella expensive so probably won't be a thing before sometime in the future"

Introductory Scene

Patch sends Alpha Girl an apologizing shrug.

One-on-One

Patch nods feels the sour taste of impeeding defeat.
    "What I was thinking about director is that I should be able to spend the funding and I would like to help the PRT in my extra time."

Cams, Cams everywhere

Patch continues looking for the room in which the camera's are controlled and monitored.

Preparing for patrolling

"So", patch says, sitting on a bench with a case by his size that expands up till just under his knees: "Where do we want to start patrolling? For what it's worth I'd suggest that we take the safer areas this time around, we don't know how we interact and I don't think we're ready to run into anything big."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Introductory scene

The Josie's response was pretty much what Ji Yu had expected. How long was a piece of string, after all? "Yeah, figured that might be the case," she said, nodding briefly. "Thought I'd ask in case it was some kind of timed thing - guess you're not a microwave," she added with a small chuckle.

Ji Yu raises an eyebrow at Jack's suggestion, curious that the Director shot it down so quickly. Perhaps they were more connected to their master than she'd thought. Were they alive? She looked at Jenny. "So, how much feedback do you get from them?" She asked, gesturing at the creations.

Later in the secure area

"If we're out and seen to be active, it could make some groups think twice before starting something. Or it could be a red rag to a bull - a misconception, by the way, but that's not especially important right now..." Ji Yu trailed off as the thought of being a target to some powerful capes hit her. It was what she'd signed up for but something that was rapidly becoming less and less abstract.

She turned as Robert approached them and spoke up. "I don't completely disagree and, sure, I'm happy to give talking a shot if the opportunity is available. I'd rather avoid getting this messed up where possible," she said, pointing to her face. "Still, I just think there's gonna be times where our mere presence will be taken as a threat or some kind of macho challenge." She paused. "Speaking of, did anyone notice that there are a lot of guys in those cape lists. I'm still new to this but I thought I read something... Isn't that statistically unlikely? Or is there something I'm missing?"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Introductory Scene

Alpha Girl smiles at Patch. "It's alright. They may not be the best power but they've served me well enough as it is." Besides any experimenting Patch could do would probably make them even more hideous than they already are. She had a hard enough time dealing with them as it was. Alpha Girl frowned at Ji Yu's next question though. "None? I mean I can sort of tell they exist and send them commands, but that's it. So I can tell if one of them dies, but short of that I'm just giving them commands blind."

Later in the Secure Area

Jenny shrugged. "It's not as unlikely as you'd think. Miami is a pretty big city, that means lots of meta-humans. The ratio is a little high, but Brockton Bay and New York are like WAY worse," she nods. "Though Miami's Rogue scene is pretty dead compared to most places, which makes it seem worse than it is since everyone is a part of some group or another. Even I'M a member of the PRT now, which makes the Rogue scene consist of my Mom and... that's about it. Vegas has almost as many meta-humans as we have period just as Rogues." She'd kind of wanted to transfer, but that'd mean more competition and she could NOT compete with pretty much any other parahuman in entertainment. Practically the only reason she'd done this well was she didn't have much competition in Miami.

Hm, if the former Wards had an online account she could probably do something with that. She'd need to ask the Director how much she was allowed to post about their operations and such when she actually had something to post. Maybe seeing the PRT from the inside would give them all a nice PR boost after that whole identity snafu? She could understand why everyone was upset - if she'd joined the Wards her identity would be blown too after all - but being a changer and already being in witness protection she knew it was hard for her to get the full picture. She hated being her base-self anyway, so abandoning her identity wouldn't actually mean much for her. Jen made a mental note to never post any of that information online lest she be mobbed by former Wards.

Preparing for Patrolling

"Me, Vanguard and Snap can take Downtown," Alpha Girl states immediately. Sure the Elite hung out there, but number one the Elite tended to have enough restraint to not attack any and all patrols through there since it was pretty public, and number two it would have the greatest number of people who actually cared about seeing superheroes in town. Jen freely admitted she was an attention whore. To herself. In her head only.

7. - Top - End - #37

Zombie

Introductory Scene

‘I choose what gets copied over and what doesn’t, but one of me always has what I have on me.’ Josie answered Patch ‘So if I’m tied up, one of me will stay tied up regardless of the split, but two of me don’t have to be. When I end my power two of me turn to some kind of carbon-ash. As far as I know everything that was created with them does the same. So what’s your speciality?’

‘I’d love to have a way to fly or at least be able to patrol across rooftops. One of me can get there pretty easily, but that’s only one of me while I’m split. When I’m not... well, patrolling from street level just feels un-capey. So if anything you can do with that?’

‘Or adding cameras to each of our costumes, preferably with some kind of screens in our masks so we can share images and things we’ve seen.’
    ‘Or..’

‘The others probably have their own requests as well. ’ Force interrupted Deft, who then gave a smile and a nod.
    ‘Before long you’ll be the most appreciated member of this team Patch.’

Examining the gift basket & card

‘... from millions to dozens, for now it’s our best lead. Assuming that he’s in those scents of course. I’ll keep my nose open whenever I’ve split. If I scent someone who has one of those scents I’ll add their name and image to that list.’ Josie finished her report to the Director and the rest of the team, then pressed send. The report included a description of every element she had scented in each of the scents, including guesses as to what the source of these elements was.

Later in the Secure Area

‘Hope for the best, but plan, and train, for the worst.’ Josie piped in after Ji Yu’s answer to Robert’s statement about fighting. ‘Our entire job is taking care of threats and keeping people safe. No matter how we do things, we’ll be in conflict with other capes more often than not. And more often than not that will mean a fight, if we want to or not..’
    She shrugged apologetically, hoping she hadn’t destroyed any romantic idea Robert had about their job.
    ‘We’ll also want to get some tactics and first aid training in as well as combat training and that’s all before the PR guys get a hold of us..’

The two Josies in the room then turned to the door as Sharp stepped in and clucked her tongue. Force repeated the sound, followed by Deft a moment later. All three nodded at each other, indicating that each had a good image of the dimensions of the room and occupants.

‘It’s done. I’ve sent each of you my initial report. Might be nothing, might be the first step in finding out who Insight is.’
    ‘Good good. Now before we shock anybody, we’ll be cancelling our powers in a moment.'
    'Just need to make sure we don't make a mess.’

Deft then quickly ran towards the cleaning supply cupboard and returned with three large bin bags, tossing one towards Sharp and Force. Each of them stepped into them and crouched down, before Josie cancelled her power, leaving only one of them crouching and two bags with carbon ash.

Josie looked around and made note of who was closest to the two of her that had disappeared and who was closest to her. She had spaced the three of her between the others, away from any obvious threats, to see which one her power thought was safest.

‘I’ll need an hour before I can do that again.’

Preparing for Patrolling

Echo nodded when Alpha Girl volunteered for Downtown duty.
    ‘Then I guess Spook, Patch and I will be on the second patrol.’ she mentally skimmed the reports on the areas of Miami before continuing
    ‘With Downtown being taking care of, that just leaves the Docks and Outskirts as hotspots that we have to get to know. I agree with Patch that patrolling the Docks on our first night, and not in force, isn’t the wisest course of action, but we don’t want to give our opposition the idea that we’re going to avoid their turf. I suggest Spook, Patch and I start with the Outskirts tonight and we schedule a joint patrol on the Docks later in the week. That’ll give us enough time to get to know the boats, each other and get some training in.’ She looked around for confirmation or other ideas from the rest.
    I will be on hiatus from november 25st until december 20th, posting will be sporadic to non-existent during that time.

Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: I'm going to respond to the other scenes tomorrow, I've been quite busy lately unfortunately.

Extending a Hand

Welcome to the Parahumans Online message boards.
    You are currently logged in, Vanguard (Verified Cape)
    You are viewing:
    • Threads you have replied to
    • AND Threads that have new replies
    • OR private message conversations with new replies
    • Thread OP is displayed.
    • Ten posts per page
    • Last ten messages in private message history.
    • Threads and private messages are ordered chronologically.

♦ Private message to Tin_Mother (Moderator):

Vanguard (Unverified Cape): Hi, I'm a new cape with the Protectorate and the rules on the site said that I needed to talk with a Moderator to get my account verified?

Tin_Mother (Moderator): The Protectorate has already pre-arranged verified cape accounts for all of their members, so you don't need to worry about anything.Welcome to the Parahumans Online Community! If you need any assistance, please to hesitate to ask?

Vanguard (Verified Cape): Thanks! I'm still new to this new fangled social media stuff.

♦ Private message to MiamiGirl562 (Verified Cape):

Vanguard (Verified Cape): Hi. We haven't met before, but I'm part of the new Protectorate Team operating in Miami. I'll give it you straight. I disagree with your decision to leave the Protectorate, but I respect that you want to do right for the people of this city. I'm not here to talk you into rejoining the Protectorate, I'm here because we want to work with you. The bad guys outnumber the good guys, and we can accomplish a lot more working together then we can working alone.

What I propose is that we co-ordinate our efforts. If we get information that something bad is going down, we will share it with you. In return, you would do the same for us. If someone in your group gets hurt and needs medical attention, we will help you get access to whatever care is needed. If one of our groups gets into a fight and needs help, we can call on the other for assistance.

If your interested, let me know.
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2016-09-27 at 10:38 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

One-On-One

"I'm sorry but while that is a great attitude we need to build some trust in you first. As for your desire for more funding we've been over how to increase team funding and that would help your desire to get more funding. If that was all..." She trails off with a raised eyebrow as she dryly gestures to the mound of paperwork on her desk.

Cams, Cams, Everywhere

In the middle of the building you find the security room for the building with a pair of armed men outside and a locked steel door.

A Day on the Streets (Patrol One)

The trip to downtown was not to long and within walking distance though the armored van was available. As you arrive pedestrians in the area start to recognize you and start to wave or take pictures and a few more bold passers by running up for quick autograph or selfie with a hero.

It's mid afternoon and street traffic is not heavy but noticeable, the looming towers blocking most of the bright Miami sun as you travel through it.

Extending A Hand

Private Message to Vanguard (Verified Cape)

♦ MiamiGirl562 (Verified Cape):

Hello Vanguard.

It's good to hear that a new team has finally arrived, Miami desperately needs it. We are open to some of these ideas. Exchanging info works really well for us but we have our own arrangements for medical care and while we aren't opposed to working with the PRT we aren't ready to compromise any of the PR we've made in our stint as independents or our freedom away from the PRT. However whenever the need is great enough we will put these concerns aside and be ready to help this city alongside you.

-The Grey Hand

Spoiler
    Show
    They're willing to work with you guys for more serious issues such as Class A threats or coordinated strikes on gangs. But don't want to be too associated with the PRT again.
    Last edited by GameOfChampions; 2016-09-28 at 12:00 PM.

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Introductory Scene

"Well, I don't doubt that. I can see any number of advantages in having obedient minions. We can still make a number of things to make it even better. An easy piece of tech would be to put a camera on both of them so you could see what they were seeing, so you could send them into high risk places while still finely controlling them." Patch responds, feeling that his use of the team is being belittled.

"I don't really have one."
    Patch responds to Josie. "I'm sorta a more general tinker however weird that sounds, so making something that'll make you fly definitely is possible. I'll have to do some calculations to see how expensive it would be though, our budget is limited for the time being. Not sure about camera's and screens though. It's easy enough to make but to do it for everybody would probably be too expensive for what it gives us."

He thinks for a little. "So in theory, if I make say a bomb with containment foam and you had it on you when you split you could throw two of them and then when you fusioned you would still have the bomb?"

One-on-One

"I see." Patch responds with a perfectly neutral face, stopping himself from asking what the PRT had done to earn his trust. He respectfully nods before leaving the room, intending to figure out what he originally came to ask by himself, are the camera system safe?

Later in secure area

When Echo dismisses her power Jack feels slightly uneased. The big black bags reminded him somewhat of bodybags and given that two echoes just had "died". It felt off. Still it was very interesting: "Would you mind if I took a look" he asks gesturing towards the bags. If given permission he'll scan the content of the bags.

Preparing for patrol

Patch is happy that Alpha girl were enthusiastic to take a more dangerous part of town even if he is a bit conserned for the groups safety.

"Sure" Patch responds.

Group 2: On the way to patrol.

However as soon as the group have left the monitored area (and is isolated) he stops and turns to face the two others. "There's something that I need to air with the two of you. I have read up on Insight's profile and I think I have a way to counter his stalker power. I'm conserned however that if he sees me and uses his power on me he'll find a work-around before I finish the tech. So I'll suggest that we go for one of the richer and safer parts of town for this patrol. Partly because it's less likely to bumb into Insight there and partly because we should put some effort into making the wealthy people in town feel better because that'll mean donations to the PRT which in turn will improve the equiptment that we can use to fight the actual bad guys."

He intentionally had no particular place in mind when leaving the building because if his suspecion was correct and Insight had access to the PRT cam network his power could potentially work on video feeds.

11. - Top - End - #41

Zombie

Introductory Scene

‘Owh, I thought all tinkers had a speciality.’ Force said, shrugging apologetically
    ‘Being general tinker might be Patch’s speciality.’ Deft put in with a grin
    ‘Which probably is the best kind. Not limited to just one shtick and all that. We lucked out having you on the team Patch.’
    Deft’s grin only widened, with Force sprouting it’s mirror image, when Patch agreed to look into a way for her to fly.

Echo nodded when Patch theorized using the same containment foam bomb multiple times.
    ‘That’s how it worked in the past, only problem is I don’t get to choose which of me stays and which of me disappear. My power selects the one who stays. As far as we could figure out, it had something to do with which one is in the safest location and that takes into account threats I don’t know about. The rest all turns to carbon-ash. No idea what would happen to containment foam when my power ends. Think it also disintegrates.’

Later in secure area
    ‘Go ahead. It’s not me anymore, just ash.’ She answered Patch’s request.

Group 2: On the way to patrol.

‘Anything’s possible with the amount of powers out there.’ Echo nodded when Patch laid out his reasoning, then took a moment to think it over.
    ‘Insight is supposed to be an expert Graphologist with a background in psychology. While the graphology could be a part of his power, any psychology training isn’t something that screams ‘poor’ or comfortable in poor areas. I’m no expert in these things, but I’d probably expect him to be in the richer areas.’
    She took another moment to run things through her mind before continuing. Her tone of voice didn’t show a hint of doubt about Patch’s conclusions regarding Insight’s powers. She was simply verbally working through his reasoning with what she knew.
    ‘I think the best course of action would be for you to stay out of sight in the van, with Spook and I being seen on the streets. We’d keep in contact via the comms and you could use the van’s surveillance equipment to keep an eye out for a lot more than we could.’

‘The Downtown patrol will be showing their faces for the richer crowds, so I don’t think that needs to be handled. Considering that the Rock Wreckers control the Outskirts, as well as that they’re trying to move in on the Docks, they’ll be spread thin. Slate also has the reputation of keeping his family from going too far. I think it’d hit everything we need to do on our first night out, while still being relatively safe and the least likely area of having Insight see you. Especially if you stay out of sight in the van.’

‘But you’re the one taking the risk of becoming Insight’s next target if he finds out you’re the one that’ll neuter him, so we’ll patrol wherever you think is best.’
    Echo finished sincerely. She knew they needed to get out there and learn the lay of the land in the problem areas as fast as possible, but if her reasoning wasn’t enough to sway him, she wouldn’t pressure somebody into doing things he didn’t want to.
    Last edited by Chivy; 2016-09-28 at 11:13 AM.
    I will be on hiatus from november 25st until december 20th, posting will be sporadic to non-existent during that time.

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

12. - Top - End - #42

RedKnightGirl

A Day on The Streets

Ah, this was what she was talking about. Joining the PRT had been a good idea. She normally only got recognized half as much, even if just her appearance drew plenty of gazes. The PRT PR machine at work. Alpha Girl soaked up the attention, happily posing for pictures and signing autographs of her loving public.

Eventually the initial excitement died down though and she realized that patrolling when you weren't the center of attention was boring. All you did was walk around looking for trouble. Which since they were in a safe part of the city wasn't going to happen. Sure the Elite called this place their turf, but they knew better than to start street level trouble which is all they'd be picking up unless they decided to crash into an office somewhere and look for dirty dealings. Which they weren't. Still boring was better than having any trouble. She was NOT looking forward to fighting. Up until now her idea of fighting had been 'send minions at it to distract them while running away'. Something the PRT had been very clear to say was not an acceptable course of action for a capital H Hero.

Idly taking a selfie with her two pets and uploading it to PHO on her cellphone, Alpha Girl frowned as she began typing away. "This is pretty boring. Want to grab a coffee or something while we're here?" she asked her companions.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Introductory Scene

Patch shifts uncomfortably under the praise. "Ehm, I think we're probably lucky to have all of us", he says sheepishly.

"Soo. I feel weird about saying this out loud but could we just kill those of you that we didn't want?" He asks: "Or hold a gun to the heads of those of you that we want to disappear?". Man, It is super strange talking about killing people in such an objective way but I guess cape things are just weird.

Cams, Cams everywhere!

"Hey there" Patch innocently chimes at the guard. "I don't suppose that heroes are allowed in the control room?"

Group 2: On the way to the patrol

Patch listened attentively to Josie's reasoning. "Well, someone with a degree in psychology might find pleasure in using that in parts of the town where people are more unstable and thus more susceptible to manipulation. Your other points do stand though." Patch says while realizing something. If they were able to see Insight on their trip he would be able to rule out the possibility that Insight could use his power over video feeds. "Let's go to the outskirts"
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2016-09-29 at 03:14 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Zombie

Introductory Scene

‘No!’ Deft was shaking her head emphatically, while Force looked at Patch in shock when he casually suggested killing her.
    ‘I remember everything that happens to every one of me.’
    ‘One of me already died... I remember...
    Force trailed off with a shudder.
    ‘Just no.’ Deft said with finality, her shudder barely suppressed.

Group 2: On the way to the patrol

‘Good point. He could be anywhere. I guess it comes down to that we just don’t know enough about Insight.’ Echo agreed with Patch’s assessment of Insight.
    ‘Just means you’ll have to stay as hidden as you can until you neuter him. You have your driver’s licence, right?’

She started doing her pre-patrol check on weapons, armour and her gear, then looked up at Patch.
    ‘I try to check everything before I go out, just to make sure that I don’t have any surprises when I’m out there. I start by making sure that my armour doesn’t bunch up, that my batons, knives and grenades are free to draw and that all my straps are securely buckled so my shield won’t snag on anything when I pull it from my back.’
    She started explaining her checks to the others, hoping they’d follow suit and make sure their gear is with them and in the correct position. She fiddled with her commbead with practiced ease
    ‘Then I make sure my Comms work and the person I’m tagging along with tells me which channels we’ll be using for the patrol.’
    Echo then shrugged and seeing that she was probably the one with the most experience in this particular patrol she said
    ‘How about we use channel four and channel nine as backup? Here, you tap that and.. yea that’s it’ she started to help them change their channels.

Once everything was checked and they all piled into the second armoured truck, Josie tapped her ear and said
    ‘This is Echo starting second patrol together with Patch and Spook in Truck two. We’re all switching to channel four as the patrol channel with channel nine as backup channel.’

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

A Day on The Streets (Patrol Two)

As soon as you get your gear sorted out the three of you head off to the Outskirts and start your patrol, it was everything that the Downtown patrol wasn't. The people on the streets glared at the two heroes they could see and one or two had the gall to spit in your general direction, making sure they didn't hit you. As you travel through the Outskirts you can see some small groups of heavily tattooed young men and women that could be Rock Wrecker gang members glaring at you as they see you and quickly vanishing into the maze of houses, backyards, and apartment buildings shortly after seeing you.

Spook comms the pair of you before you get too far in "I think I'm going to scout ahead guys, I'll stay on the streets to avoid close contact with people and I'll pop back in to give you guys updates every ten minutes or if I see anything out of the ordinary, but Echo I'm going to leave a pair of ghosts with you for now so you don't seem alone with Patch in the car. This is Spook going dark for now." She concentrates for a second and a pair of ghosts appear before moving to Echo and flanking her, then she's gone without a trace.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Introductory Scene

"Oh", was patch's only responds as he moves his eyes to a point on the floor, face pale. He was kicking himself over how badly he had understood the situation.

Group 2: On the way to patrol

"Yeah" Patch agrees with Echo's idea. "Staying hidden would be preferably. And I do have a driver's licence."

Patch follows Echo's example, happy that there at least is one experienced cape in their company. He adjust his clothes and the bullet-proof west he is wearing inside the trenchcoat, doublechecks all of his many pockets, including the ones at his boots, to reassure himself that he remembered everything, readjusts his gloves. When inside the car he takes off the case at his back and opens it to double-check his sniper and to ensure that he remembered to bring the non-lethal bullets.
    Lastly he taps the comm at his ear to test it: "This is Patch testing the comm"

A day on the streets(Patrol Two)

Patch shudders inside the car. He's happy that he at least isn't visibly out on the streets but he isn't really at ease. "I mean I feel safer inside the truck but really 4 out of 5 parahumans in the Rock Wrecker can probably make a hole in it if they felt like it." Patch says over the comm. And then after a moment after he continues: "And what kind of word is parahumans anyway? "With humans"? It's like suggesting that we aren't human which none of the reasearch I have seen suggests."

Good that it's us that's here. Patch thinks. He didn't really know the other members but his impression was that Alpha Girl probably wouldn't handle a situation like this too well.

Ghosts? Patch's eyes opens wide up. Wait, does that.. Patch stops his line of thought and tries to break down the situations. Eventually he decides that the ghosts aren't actually ghosts but mere images that Spook's power had created which allowed him to keep believing that soul's didn't actualy exist. A idea strikes him: "Spook, do you copy while being ghosted?"

He continues letting the car follow the more experienced cape.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2016-09-30 at 06:51 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Introductory Scene

As Jack and the Josies discussed the applications of their respective powers, Ji Yu processed Jenny's response regarding her creatures. She didn't precisely understand the Director's position: if the creatures were mindless, not really 'alive' and there was no feedback problems for their master... what was the issue with experimenting? Discomfort? It seemed to be a completely different situation from the Josies who were living and autonomous - a point proven by their reaction to Jack suggesting killing one of them.

Dissatisfied, she nonetheless decided to shelve the discussion for the time being.

Later in secure area

Ji Yu frowned at Jenny's explanation. She was hardly in a position to refute it but was left with the nagging feeling that the statistics were skewed given the low number of women in the cape lists. "Yeah," she said slowly. "I guess I've some catching up to do on the cape scene." She quietly resolved to have a look into the matter on her own.

Preparing for Patrolling

Ji Yu was surprised that Jenny was so quick to pick her but shrugged it off quickly. "Alright. Sounds like a straight-forward run. Gentle walk in the park to get started." She looked at the others seriously. "That's jinxing it, isn't it? Definitely feels like I'm jinxing it." Still, she soon broke into a grin.

A Day on The Streets

The attention was immediate. Intellectually, Ji Yu knew that was part of the point of the exercise: be seen, establish a presence, act friendly and get the public on side. Emotionally, it was overwhelming as everyone stared, point and some approached for photos or autographs and she had to wonder if one of them might be going to attack, so excited and animated they became. She was used to getting some attention but generally on her own terms. The new experience was a little daunting and it took a while for Ji Yu to relax.

Gamely, she posed for the photos and scrawled 'Snap' on some notepads - her gloves weren't great for writing, though. Gradually, she found something of balance between vigilance and openness. "Hey there!" She said to one little boy, hunkering down at his level. "I'm Snap and I'm new here. That's a great t-shirt!" One quick photo and she turned back to the others as parents led the kid away. The initial crowds had dissipated and it was pretty much just her and her colleagues.

She looked at Alpha Girl. "You paying? 'Cause I'd be all over a mocha, then. Vanguard? You look like a chai drinker to me," she added, cocking a hip and giving him a considering look.

18. - Top - End - #48

Zombie

Group 2: On the way to patrol
    ‘Gun?’ Echo said in surprise as she noticed Patch’s rifle. She had always disliked them, but one of her dying because of a gunshot had turned the dislike to loathing.
    ‘If you start shooting at them, they’ll start shooting at us.’ She said.

‘I think it’s Latin or Greek or something. I always thought it meant beyond or better than. Well we’re different than normal humans, that’s for sure.’ Echo replied over the comms while she tried to project confidence and made sure people saw she was armed and ready.

‘The Rock Wreckers could probably rip the truck apart,’ she continued
    ‘but if nothing else Slate strikes me as somebody cautious. So they’ll probably not attack unless they know who we are and what we can do. It’s why I wear swords, batons, grenades and this shield. I have some training in all of them, but I’m nowhere near an expert. But they don’t know that.’
    She waved at some of the more hostile people in the crowds.
    ‘So we have a leg up on them, we have files on them and their abilities and they’ll have very little on us for a while. We just need to learn as much as we can about each other and the city before we try and take out as many as we can in one fell swoop.’

'Alright be careful Spook.' She answered spook.

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

19. - Top - End - #49

RedKnightGirl

A Day on the Streets

Alpha Girl pouts at the prospect of paying. But since she'd actually been using her abilities to get some money for some time before signing up with the PRT she was likely the richest one there. She couldn't really argue with Snap's logic.

"Fiiiiiine," Alpha Girl exaggeratingly lets out in an overly cute whine. They were in public, her persona must be upheld. ...though to be fair she'd probably do something similar in her civilian identity. "There's a nice coffee shop a couple of blocks down. It's across the street from a 'totally legitimate business' that's 'totally not run by the Elite' too so if anyone asks we can be doing a stake out," she nods. She may not have read much of the notes the PRT gave her - seriously, that stuff was thicker than her head, how did they expect her to read it all? - but she'd been in Miami long enough to know at least some of the hot spots.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Preparing for patrol

Jack send Ji Yu a smile with the talk about being jinxed.he was happy that there was someone to lighten the atmosphere.

Group 2: preparing for patrol

Patch grows a bit uncomfortable with the more experienced cape's reaction to his weapon of choice and feels a need to defend himself: "I was asked by the PRT to make a weapon. I'm not much of a close up fighter and I would br able to hit an endbringer at 10 meter with a thrown weapon. This way I'm at least far enough away to not be a liability."

"Are you implying that they don't have a reason to shoot if you run at super speed towards them with a baton?" He responds defensively.

"It's greek and also means beyond. Depends. A paramour is someone you love besides of your love and not nessesarily more than your first love. At any rate it-s still the same point. You and all of the other guys have the same molecular structure as any human and there's no research that suggests that the genome looks any different. In fact some research suggests that all humans are capable of this and it's only because we triggered the right gene somehow."

"Thanks for the reassurance"
    , Patch responda drily.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Later in a Secure Area

As you scan the ash you see that it has the same make up as wood ash, with major components being calcium carbonate and calcium oxide.

Cams, Cams Everywhere!

The guard gives you a friendly wave and gestures for you to join him "Ya come on in, Heroes are more then welcome in the security room just don't break anything." He says with a small laugh at the end. He points to the seat behind him then gestures to the massive array of screens and complicated machinery in front of the pair of you "This baby can see any inch of the HQ aside from the bathrooms and sleeping areas and has a security system that would put the CIA to shame. We have an AI program designed by Dragon herself to protect our records and even though the AI itself is pretty basic it is still ways above any normal security systems."

A Day on The Streets (Patrol 1)

The crowds all react positively and everyone seems to leave a little happier then before with a spring in their step. The coffee run goes as normally as one could expect with the staff being in awe of the costumed heroes entering the shop and give you the drinks on the house.

However half way through your drinks the gruff voice of Captain Reynolds, the man who was at the comms during the patrols, reaches the three of you in a loud slightly panicked voice "Patrol One! Check in this is Captain Reynolds calling in an emergency! Something has gone wrong with patrol 2, Spook is gone and we have reports of cape violence in the area as well! Please respond and make your way to the Outskirts immediately, one of the trucks is 5 minutes out and on its way to grab you."

A Day on The Streets (Patrol 2)

Spook doesn't respond immediately seemingly not able to hear anything while in her Stranger form but ten minutes later she checks in with the pair of you to let you know everything was fine so far, this goes on for almost half an hour with nothing but some more unruly locals giving the heroes the stink eye. She always appears a few blocks ahead and usually in sight which she uses to give a slight wave before going dark again.

However just as your patrol route is about to turn a corner and Spook was about to check in for the fourth time all you hear is a garbled scream from Spook that is quickly cut off into a dying gasp... then nothing but radio silence. As you turn the corner all you find as you look around are several spots of blood and what you both recognize as Spooks visor and comm bead but there is no sign of the women anywhere in the area and you don't see any locals in the small side street you've turned onto.

However even as you examine the scene you start to hear sirens, screaming, and loud explosions in the distance. Near the other end of the neighborhood you can see the source of the commotion being one of the larger apartment buildings now in flames with blasts seemingly coming from the ground to feed the intense fire. Only a few minutes later you suddenly start to get incoming comm traffic "Patrol Two there is a group of parahumans attacking a well known Wrecker hideout not to far from you, we need you to respond. Patrol One is making their way to you as we speak and there will be a PRT squad on standby to help with clean up if needed."
    Last edited by GameOfChampions; 2016-10-01 at 11:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

Zombie

Group 2: preparing for patrol

‘Sorry.’ Echo said. ‘You’re right. If they want to shoot at us they’ll shoot at us.’
    She shook her head
    ‘I just don’t like guns. What they can do is so... permanent. And getting shot hurts. A lot.’

A Day on The Streets (Patrol 2)

‘If you wanted me to lie and reassure you, you should have said so.’ Echo laughed out loud, making sure that the people on the streets saw and heard that she was at ease (or at least doing a very good job of faking it).
    ‘So except for the fact that we can do these amazing things, there’s no difference between all of us? Seems hard to believe. If we’re all the same, why do capes trigger when the same horrible thing happens to hundreds of other people without them triggering?’

Echo started running as soon as the garbled scream came across the comms. Left boot slammed on the pavement, followed by right, followed by left. The rythm then changed when three right boots slammed down instead of one.

Deft sped off as fast as she could, canvassing the area as quickly as she could, keeping a running narrative over the comms of everything she saw. She let out a vocalised ‘sonar ping’ every few seconds.

Force took her shield from her back and pulled it over her right arm. She then unclipped one of her batons and whipped it out to it’s full length before taking up a guarding position near the scene. Her own vocalised ‘ping’ joined Deft’s, leaving a rhythmic opening for a third ‘ping’.

Sharp looked around the scene, being careful not to contaminate it, but looking for clues as efficiently as she could. Her own ‘ping’ completing the rythm.
    ‘This is Echo.’

‘Spook has disappeared, it looks like a fight.’

‘Blood on the ground.‘
    She sniffed and let her senses get all the information she could, narrating everything that she saw, heard, smelled, sensed, deduced or whatever her sonar ability gave her, knowing that the comms would be recorded for everything.

‘Sh..ugar.’ Force said, when Captain Reynolds informed them of the parahuman attack going on.

‘We can’t Captain. Spook’s missing. We can’t just run off and leave...’ Deft protested

‘Yes we can.’ Sharp cut in. ‘You two go, I’ll stay here and get what I can from the area and wait until we get a team here to secure the area. Then I’ll follow.’
    She waited for a moment before she received assenting grunts from her other two selves, while she looked at the fire arcing up towards the apartment building.

‘The fire might be Pyro or Nova. Assume it’s the Shining path, they’ll not pull punches. So be careful.’

‘Deft, get there as fast as possible and start relaying what’s going on. But keep out of sight.’
    ‘Force, you’re the heaviest hitter we have until the others come, but wait for the rest if you can.’
    ‘Patch, your choice if you go along or stay, but that rifle of yours will probably do a lot more good there than over here.’

Deft started running, with Force following. Both taking a somewhat circuitous route to stay hidden and close on the fight to get some information.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know if you want to break these up for a new scene or not.
    Last edited by Chivy; 2016-10-02 at 02:46 PM.

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

23. - Top - End - #53

RedKnightGirl

...Alpha Girl was beginning to see a flaw in her 'join the PRT for PR and just avoid as much trouble as possible' plan. The other team couldn't take care of this themselves? It wasn't like her power was good enough to actually make a difference in combat. But it would be a horrible idea to argue about getting into a fight on her first day. She didn't want a reputation for being a lazy coward. Even if she sort of was one...

"Alpha Girl calling in. Ready for pick up," she replied, taking one last drink of her frappaccino before standing up and tossing it into the nearby trash. "Looks like our day just got more exciting," she told her companions, forcing a feral grin as clutching her pets to avoid her hands shaking.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Cams, Cams everywhere

Patch responds with a smile. He had definitely expected to be rejected but maybe these people didn't know that he was a probationary member?

"Impressive" he says with an appropriate ammount of admiration.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Does Patch's power fill him in on the systems inside or does the A.I. block all of it?

Group 2: Preparing for patrol

Patch relaxes again not feeling attacked anymore. "You're right, it does hurt a lot. But many powers can do the same and the large majority of weapons can do permanent damage."

Ready to go he turns the camera in his glasses on.

A day on the streets(Patrol 2)

"Hmpf", inside the car Patch smiles a little at the lighthearted answer even if it did sound a bit strained.

"Why can some people bend their joints in angles that your and mine would break and why is some people better than others at running? Some reasons we know some we don't but it doesn't make them less human. I'd guess some chemical reaction happens in the brain that activates some gene but I don't know and we don't have any first hand recorded measurements of a trigger event."

Patch flinches when he hears the scream. He sits completely still for a long moment and then he jams the pedal all the way down, accellerating the car to follow Deft Echo.

Even with the speed of the car Deft is faster and Patch's face falls a bit when he hears the description of the scene and a tad more when he sees it for himself.

Silently he was thankful to have the more experienced cape with him. "Right, I'll go." He spins the car around head full with thoughts but present enough to look up a map of the town and drive to the highest building he can get onto without a lot of trouble and that have a clear view to the Wrecker hideout.

Patch taps his foot impatiently as he stands with arms crossed waiting for the elevator to hit the top floor. Being alone and not doing anything wasn't good for his muddled state of mind and the music wasn't helping either.

When Patch arrives on the roof he quickly takes off his case and shiftly puts up the rifle. "Patch is in position", he says over the comm.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

The Long Arm of the Law

Robert tried to look attentive when Patch went into his spiel about different types of mechanical properties. It was appreciated and relevant, but the information wasn't delivered in a form that That being said, the PRT people seemed a lot more excited about 'Thermal Conductivity' and 'Electrical Conductivity' then they were about the mechanical properties.

I'll talk to the Director and see what kind of money is available. Robert said. I don't think it would be fair to ask you to remake the arm everytime my power absorbs it, so it would probably be for the best if it wasn't designed for that in mind.

Memo

To: Director Sanders

Hi Director, I have a quick question. What sort of budget is there for job related expenses?

Thanks,
    Vanguard

Extending a Hand

Robert looked over the message thoughtfully. It wasn't what he had been hoping for, but it was better then nothing. One day, he hoped to get them to rejoin the PRT, but first they would need to trust him and the new team. There were still unanswered questions. Why did they defect from the PRT in the first place? Why did they seem so disillusioned with the organization? He made a mental note to talk to the director about that at some point. He shared all of his findings with everyone in the team.

OOC: Everyone's characters has access to the exchange between Robert and the Grey Hand.

Later in the Secure Area

Robert listened thoughtfully to Ju Yi's comments. In all honesty, Ju Yi's background as a criminal had made her the member of the team that he had been the most apprehensive about working with. The fact that Ju Yi had turned out to be such a conscientious young woman was a pleasant surprise. Josie seemed to be a lot more cavalier about the whole business, which made Robert a little leery.

A Day in The Streets

Robert held his head high and did his best to look presentable as the group went out on patrol. Snap and Alpha Girl seemed to handle the public a lot better then he did. Robert didn't think he could ever get used to being the center of attention. When he had been checking his family into the apartment earlier, nobody had bothered to give him a second look. Now, everybody was starting at home when he was making his route. He tried his best to be accommodating when someone wanted the attention of the city's newest heroes, but he often came across as being stiff and robotic.

As the crowd's dissipated and the two young woman discussed getting something to drink, Robert finally started to relax. When Snap asked if Robert looked Chai, his snort of laughter came out as an odd warble through his helmet. Chai? I don't go for any of that foreign stuff. Black Coffee has been my lifeblood for the past years. Having his sleep schedule dictated by the whims of two young children meant that Robert had absolutely no patience for any of the weak stuff.

As Captain Reynolds called in, Robert became wide awake as adrenaline began to pump into his veins. Understood.

26. - Top - End - #56

Snap grinned behind her mask. "Don't worry," she said to Alpha Girl, "I'll cover the next round. Just, y'know don't go nuts on shots of vanilla syrup or something. Besides, if you've got a sweet tooth, just get a danish - same amount of sugar but more filling." Vanguard's chuckle was odd to hear given how formal he'd been for most of the outing. Snap was mildly irritated by his dismissive response but shrugged it off. "You should give it a try some time, great drink to unwind with. Chai latte. I can, uh, write that out for you, if you want..." She added, trailing off in an overly innocent voice. Okay, maybe she hadn't completely shrugged it off.

The call came through before Snap had finished her mocha. Despite the warmth of the beverage, she felt a chill. First day and things were already falling apart? No. It'd all work out. Putting her cup down, she got to her feet and secured her partially-raised face plate as her colleagues answered the call. "Acknowledged." Alpha Girl adopted a slightly disturbing look as they headed outside which left Snap disconcerted. She wondered what she was getting into. Superpowered combat was a possibility and not something she'd yet really experienced.

She did her best to channel her nervousness. It wasn't completely dissimilar to being at the front line of a protest and seeing the faceless cops approaching with riot gear. News that one of their number was already unaccounted for was troubling but she guessed that information could be fluid in the early stages of a crisis and resolved not to dwell on that just yet. Their ride would be arrive soon and, though she felt underprepared, Snap was not about to let the PRT, her teammates, the civilians or herself down. She focused on that old feeling of solidarity common to protest lines. Only this time, she was the faceless cop.
    Last edited by Silent_p; 2016-10-03 at 07:21 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Cams, Cams Everywhere

The guard looks over to you with a raised eyebrow "Was there anything I could help you with sir?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Your power let's you understand how the system works in general and how to check cameras and go back through existing footage as long as you've signed in with an appropriate login profile, all heroes have one, but not the security system which is protecting the system since it's a tinker made AI.

A PRT truck comes streaking down the street and comes to an abrupt stop right outside the coffee shop with a PRT squad member in the driver seat. "Get in guys! You're gonna need to buckle in cause we're running some red lights."

As soon as you all pile into the van it takes off, breaking all sorts of speed limits and running many red lights on the way to the scene. After just under ten minutes of hectic driving you all arrive at the scene, coming in behind the group of villains as they face the building they're burning down.

A Day on The Streets(Patrol 2)

Deft runs through the neighborhood quickly, arriving at the scene in a matter of minutes with Patch close behind in the truck and force bringing up the rear a few minutes behind the others. You all arrive at the scene unknown to the group of villains who are paying most of their attention to the burning building and watching the main streets, and are able to position yourselves to some degree without being seen.

Patch finds himself on the rooftop behind the villains and just shy of a hundred meters away from the villains.

Sharp's senses can make out dozens of minute details in the area but only a handful that relate to Spooks sudden disappearance, she couldn't determine where Spook was with the sonar ability and the closest person that she recognized was a man on his couch in the closest house watching TV. Sharp's other senses that are sharpened can make out the heat of the blood showing you that it was only spilled a little less then a minute before she arrived on the scene and that the limited amount would have come from a small puncture wounds probably near a major vein or artery. With her heightened sense of smell she can make out the bleach cleaned scent of sterile lab conditions in the area, very strongly, but she cannot figure out where it originated from, only that the smell is around the area of the incident and leads nowhere else.

Heating Up

A trio of villains watch the pyromancer throwing fire into the upper floors of the apartment building, laughing and joking among themselves in a mixture of Spanish and English. You recognize the trio as Avatar, Barricade, and Wind Fist and while the pyromancer physically doesn't match any descriptions from the PRT files the way he's throwing fire matches the description of Pyro.

The four of them stop as the van pulls up two blocks behind them and Avatar bellows a challenge as he notices the PRT logo and starts to grow as he's encased in his glowing avatar form. The rest of the group start to spread out a bit as they prepare for a brawl.
    Last edited by GameOfChampions; 2016-10-04 at 08:56 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Zombie

A Day on The Streets(Patrol 2)

‘Captain, please patch the other teams into our comms channel.’ Deft said as she crept up on the group of attacking capes.
    ‘Looks like it’s the Shining Path.’ She said as soon as she received confirmation that the others could hear her.
    ‘Avatar, Barricade, Wind Fist and I think Pyro.’

Sharp then cut in and reiterated what was in the Protectorate files about the Shining Path and the four capes word for word.

‘Patch, Avatar is physically the strongest, your rifle probably won’t do anything to him. Wind Fist might have some kind of wind protection or wind sense, so he might see your bullets coming. They won’t know you’re there until your first shot. Take your shots carefully, and don’t stay in exactly the same place after you shoot. With the amount of powers out there, don’t rely blindly on the files, always keep in mind that they might have more powers.’

‘Patch, do you have a way to counteract smoke? I flash bangs and smoke grenades a lot to keep people guessing which one of me they’re facing. In any case we should hold off until the others get here.

‘Vanguard, I’m sorry but I think we shouldn’t try and talk to them, that’ll cost us the element of surprise and I think we’ll need it. The files say they’re known murderers and they might have Spook, if that helps.’

Sharp almost growled in frustration. She had no clue what had happed to Spook and with the Shining Path attacking time was short. She checked the road and blood spatter to see if she could deduce if there had been a car or a van, maybe an ambulance before tapping on the window of the man watching TV.
    'Excuse me sir, could you tell me if you saw anything happening out here just a few minutes ago?'

Heating Up

‘Fu..dge.’ Echo almost swore when the villains turned to the van. There went the element of surprise
    ‘Whoever’s in the PRT van, they’ve seen you and they don’t look happy.’

She looked around for a moment, thinking fast. She berated herself for not having gotten to know the other’s powers.

‘When you get out, be careful.’

‘Once you get out and close, I’ll throw a flashbang between them. Hopefully it’ll blind them, but at the very least it’ll get their attention, turning at least a few to me. That’ll be your moment to attack.’

‘I’ll try and keep them off balance and take out Pyro. Patch, can you see if you can take down Baricade. Your range might be the only thing that’ll reach him. He’ll try and control the battlefield. With him gone we at least outnumber them.’

‘Anybody got anything special they can do, that might help?’

After the others replied and hashed it out she asked
    ‘Everybody ready?’
    Spoiler: If everybody is ready and we attack
    Show
    Force pulled a flashbang from her belt and threw it towards the villains. Then pulled the pin out of one of her smoke grenades and slowly started making her way to the villains, slowly enough to allow the smoke to billow around her.

Deft pulled a pin out of one of her smoke grenades, then started running through Force’s smoke curtain, exciting on the other side closest to the villains. (hopefully making them think that the one who had thrown the flashbang She zigged and zagged as if she was avoiding incoming fire as she made her way to the villains (all the while spreading more smoke around between Force and the villains).

Spoiler: don’t know if we can only do one thing at a time, but this would be the rest of the maneuver
    Show
    Deft swiftly uncoupled the spewing smoke grenade, then started circling the villains, making a few feints with her baton. She took care not to commit and to dodge anything that could be an attack. All the while she was moving to the opposite side of Force, hopefully pulling the villain’s attention to one side.

Force quietly made her way forward through the smoke until she burst out (hopefully close to the villains) and whipped out her baton, trying to hit Pyro (or if he is out of range Wind Fist) anywhere that would take him down. She doesn’t pull any punches.

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

29. - Top - End - #59

RedKnightGirl

Heating Up

Ohhhhhh shoot this was bad. Four super-villains were staring at the van like it was a can of beans and they wanted to get at those sweet, sweet innards. She was not used to being this close to a battle! But she could just... stay safe inside the van and let her minions do the work. Yeah, that'd work. They wouldn't attack the van directly if they had another target.

So Pyro and Barricade were already going to be targeted. In that case... "I'll take on Avatar! Hopefully I can take him out before he can make his power bigger!" Alpha Girl declared. He was no lung, but his avatar looked smaller than it usually was so it must take at least a little time for him to get it going. Not wanting to waste time when doing so could result in them all getting blown up by Pyro, Alpha Girl kicked open the door before bodily throwing her minions out. "Attack Avatar!" she ordered.
    Last edited by Anubis Dread; 2016-10-05 at 10:44 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Cams, Cams everywhere
    d
    The sudden change in the guard's attitude suprises Patch but he manages to keep the suprise from his face.

"Yeaah.." he responds slowly trying to find the right wording: "As you probably know the civilian identities of a previous group were discovered and, I might just be overly causious but I couldn't help but wonder who have access to the video footage and how it is protected?"

If Insight had access and his power worked over video feeds he wouldn't lose anything by openly admitting his suspicion. If his power didn't work he could probably have deducted it from the way Patch had been acting but there weren't really any other way of action so it wouldn't matter here either.

A day on the streets(Patrol 2)

"Advice is appreciated" Patch responds to force even if he thinks that the description of Wind is a bit off. Nothing in the files suggested that Wind were able to spot, let alone react, to a bullet flying his way.

"Depends" he responds to Sharp: "Is the smoke hot?"

Heating Up

"Heads up" Patch calls over the channel that the entire group shares: "Building under attack seems to be an apartment. Pyro is the only who is attacking and the group looks to be joking around. I'd guess the attack is meant to draw attention and they look too confident. No visual on the other members of Shining South but that doesn't mean that they aren't present."

Patch takes a couple of deep breath to steady himself. "I'll take a shot just before your throw the flashbang. It'll be easier to hit them when they are standing still." he says. When Force seems ready to throw the flashbang he, carefully aiming at Barricade, breathes in, and squeezes the trigger while breathing out. Without looking to see if he has hit he'll turn his head and close his eyes and then turn back for another shot.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2016-10-07 at 09:29 AM.