New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Sand, hot lead and V8's (Dark Heresy) IC

While the others occupy the entrence area, Fen starts walking towards Creve as soon as he is called out.

She clears her throat
    "Hrrrm. Sir, care for a talk? Your services has been recommended"
    Go the extra mile, it's never crowded.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Banned

Spoiler: Fen
    Show

I'd like a perception roll - it's not something you can actually miss, more of a question when you notice.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chani looks back with big sad eyes "But there are machines outside" she whispers

But she snaps out of her childish trance and look at him seriously "sorry, people just seem so lax about everything, it bothers me, it is little wonder the ancient V8s are the only thing of beauty, their original creators had more love for them" smiling, vaguely complementing Ferrus and his Cult.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Banned

As Fen walks up, the man called Creve does two things: He pokes the guy next to him, whispering they're here! Go time! And he snaps out his weapon, a Hecuter autopistol. As he raises the weapon, a red dot laser winks on.

At the same time, the engines cut off outside.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Roll initiative - in case that wasn't obvious by now.

The bar is a long, narrow space, deep rather than wide. So in squares, it would be 4x12. The entry is to the north, a bar at the west wall near the door. There are various tables and chairs. Part of the east wall has been removed, opening out onto a small porch - this opening has a bead curtain obscuring view of what's out there.

There are maybe 10 people in the bar, but only Creve and his mate appear hostile. Obviously, there is an unknown number outside.

In case I haven't made it clear: While Creve was clearly expecting you - he wasn't expecting you right now.

This is the situation at a glance. Ask if you want specifics, or roll if you feel like looking more closely =)

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

"Machines," Ferrus said, "are indeed very important. However, I currently attach slightly more importance to the fact that our contact has just pulled a gun."

This said, the techpriest went scurrying for cover. He tried to pick somewhere that was equally well shielded from both the door and Creve, just in case the man hadn't been talking about them, but about the engines outside. He doubted that, though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Here's my initiative: (1d10+3)[9]
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

6. - Top - End - #306

Chani made a shuddering gasp as she saw the two men pull out their weapons, her hands clasp on to Ferrus's cloths as if he would take flight and whisp her away from danger.

Although not airborn, she follows Ferrus into cover, in distress she starts whisper shouting to him "Ferrus, I don't have a weapon! S'in the truck"

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    (1d10+3)[13] I know I said she enters cover and speaks to Ferrus, but if she is low on the initiative scale, she might not have time to do either if hit or otherwise stopped

7. - Top - End - #307

With a look of agony and fear on her face she breaths in hard and crawls out from cover and towards Creve, on the way over there she stumbles on her feet,

Grabbing a bar table by it's stem and holding it like an umbrella or shield infront of her as she started charging at him.

She roared something incoherent yet with much zeal, perhaps wanting to warn the innocent around them or curse Creve in 'His' name.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    full move towards Creve, grabbing a bar table as mobile cover (better than nothing). However I'm sure the distance is greatly reduced with all the people and difficult terrain, hence why I didn't just charge straight away, it's your call ofcourse.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Banned

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    You can reach Creve just fine. Roll attack and damage. I'd say d5 plus strength is reasonable.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2017-04-23 at 01:42 AM.

9. - Top - End - #309

Hurling herself with the table through the crowds she slams into Creve

Show
    (1d100)[2] WS 28+10 for charge, in case of hit (1d10+3)[9] the d10 is ofcourse halved

10. - Top - End - #310
    Banned

Spoiler: Chani
    Show

Has tabled the motion to charge Creve.

Creve is hit hard, one of the legs of the table catching him square in the jaw. Dizzied, bleeding and quite likely short a few teeth, he raises his weapon to retaliate.

Aiming into a mess of table legs waving in your face can be ... confusing, at best. Still, he jams down the trigger of his Hecuter and lets a hail of bullets rip into the table - and hopefully Chani.

The second man conjures a shotgun from somewhere, levels it at Ferrus, and blasts him.
    Spoiler: Rolls and stuff
    Show

No, you can't use burst fire in melee - but it just sounds dramatic. Right?

Creve:
    Attack: (1d100)[36] vs 30 (he's a better shot than that, but right now he has a -10 penalty)
    Damage: (1d10+3)[12] pen 2 - and Chani gets what amounts to 4 pionts of primitive armor to all locations except legs.

Creve's buddy:
    Attack: (1d100)[80] vs 35
    Damage: (1d10+1)[2]

11. - Top - End - #311
    Banned

Ah .. maybe I simply misunderstood.

No, it's Ferrus' initiative. Cover is readily available, so simply duck behind the nearest piece of furniture, and shoot to your hearts content. After that, it's from the top. Chani, if memory serves? I should check.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Ferrus squawked mechanically as bullets whistled by him. He'd brought plentiful weaponry, and while Chani went toe to toe with Creve, the techpriest decided to take the battle to the man shooting at him. Accordingly, he raised his lasgun, squeezing a few shots back without aiming overly much.

Spoiler
    Show
    My mistake, then. Apologies. Ferrus fires semi-auto at the shotgun guy

(1d100)[8] vs... probably 54. +10 semi auto, +10 short range
    damage: (1d10+3)[12](1d10+3)[9](1d10+3)[9]

And wow, the Emperor smiles upon me. All 3 hits.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2017-05-05 at 01:58 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

13. - Top - End - #313
    Banned

Creve's goon has a split second of glory - as he whips out an oversize shotgun, and fires both barrels at Ferrus. Wild eyed, grinning from cheek to cheek, he's halfway through a sentence that goes: Arh-ahaha ... die, ya and then ends abrubtly as hot laser fire evaporates his face as hit after hit strikes true. He doesn't even have time to scream - he ceases to be from the jaw upwards, and a suspiciously red superheated steam takes the place of his head as the rest of him drops like a sack of rocks.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2017-05-05 at 09:29 AM.

14. - Top - End - #314

One second, Creve snaps out a pistol. Fen's comrades must have been on egde, for a few seconds later, a man is molten gnarly goo, and Creve is being knocked over the head with a table. But as everything whizzes past Fen in these moments, her focus is drawn outwards by Creve's words "they're here! Go time!", and the sound of engines outside. She is suddenly very aware of her surroundings, as she draws her pistol and readies for other people to join the fray.

Spoiler: Turn
    Show
    Precognition (knowledge of existence and direction of every living thing within 50m, +10m for every 5 over)
    (2d10+3)[8][2](10) vs 7 (weird, rollv apparently doesn't work with plusses. I rolled 2 and 8, with +3 makes 13. 5 over, so 60m range)
    natural 9s, phenomena (2d100)[47][20](67) not happening
    On 75+, perils (2d100)[6][14](20) not happening

Draw Stub Revolver
    Last edited by luca0483; 2017-05-18 at 06:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Banned

As the gunfight erupts, there are brief moments of sheer panic as those closest to the exit rush wildly to get out. But since the place in long and narrow, the majority are caught inside. Those with no clear path to the exit dive into cover - quite a few of them readying firearms of their own. They do, however, seem disinclined to get involved unless directly attacked.

Interestingly no one seems to take the side exit - the one covered by the bead curtain.

Spoiler: Fen
    Show

Fen's mind expands, seeing the life force of creatures around her. Within the range of her mystic sight are dozens of people - but the great majority hear the sound of gunfire and hurry away. Three do not.

Of these three, one moves slowly to a position a little to the side. Another moves swiftly to the right side of the door, and the third moves - very fast, very graceful - to the side of the building, leaps up onto the roof, and across towards where the bead curtain hangs.

And thus: Round two.

16. - Top - End - #316

Chani in pure reflex lets go of her improvised weapon at the sound and close proximity of the gunshot from Creve, she quickly hurls her own body into his in a desperate attempt to bring him down, grabbing around his wrists to bring the gun away from her while also pushing with her husky weight

Spoiler: Drop the Improvised Weapon, Grapple Action
    Show
    [roll]1d100[/roll] Opposed strength test, Str 35

in case of win 1d5-3+3 primitive[roll]1d10[/roll] the d10 is of course halved

And the target also suffers a point of Fatigue
    Last edited by Checkmate-Pony; 2017-05-24 at 06:25 AM.

17. - Top - End - #317

mess up*
    Show
    (1d100)[28] Opposed strength test, Str 35

in case of win 1d5-3+3 primitive(1d10)[10] the d10 is of course halved

And the target also suffers a point of Fatigue

18. - Top - End - #318

(Necessary Triple Post)

With more strength (and an embarrassing amount of momentum from her lower center mass) than she thought she had, she pummels Creve in a frantic fury of elbows, punches and knees

Show
    (1d100)[83] strength test, Str 35

fury damage(1d10)[6] Is the Damage Halved when you cause fury with unarmed melee????

Ofcourse none of this matters if Creve wins the opposed test

19. - Top - End - #319
    Banned

Spoiler: Grappling
    Show

Grappling isn't an opposed STR test, it's weapon skill vs agility. Also, it does not damage.

In the interest of moving things along, I deem Chani's grapple becomes a melee attack. She doesn't succeed in immobilizing Creve, but she does land a very solid kick to Creve's leg. As determined earlier in the game, hand-to-hand inflicts Fatigue. So Creve, having been hit twice, now has 2 levels of Fatigue. Also, he's actually quite badly wounded.

It is, however, his turn.

Oh - fun roll: (1d10)[9] to determine, in the melee, who gives cover to the other guy - once the bullets start flying. Odd, Chani has cover, even, Creve does.

Creve, armed with a top of the line autogun, it being pummeled by Chani - who is variously wielding furniture or her fists. Clearly, this isn't Creve's day. Out of room to move, he jabs the stock of his rifle at Chani, hoping to push the furious woman away.

Elsewhere, rapid footsteps sound across the roof - and there is the heavy *shhk-KRUNK* sound of the loading handle of a heavy calibre automatic weapon. Then, a clear commanding voice calls:

Stand by .... ENGAGE!

The rattle of automatic fire is deafening. What feels like hundreds of rounds punch through the far wall of the cargo-container-slash-bar.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Heavy Gunner:
    Suppressing Fire: (1d100)[59] vs. 45 (short range +10, suppression -20)
    Damage: (1d10+3)[7]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[9]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[11]

Everyone is in the kill zone - a whole bunch of civilians too - so everyone who wants to leave cover needs to roll will -20.

Should anyone get his by this, the walls of the container give +2 armor, and whatever cover you're behind gives you another +2. With the exception of Creve/Chani, who gives the other full cover. Yay =)

On a point of interest: Of the remaining two, one spent all her movement already - and the other has little inclination of moving into the kill zone. So that's their actions for now.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2017-05-28 at 12:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Ferrus had no intention of leaving cover, and that's not changed by the addition of a great deal more metal to the local atmosphere. The techpriest makes himself as small as possible behind the chunk of furniture he's using for cover, and wishes he owned an auspex. Presumably the owner of the heavy weapon will make themselves known at some point, and when they do, he's prepared to shoot them in the face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ferrus is holding his action, for now.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

21. - Top - End - #321

As the walls start spitting lead, Fen ducks for cover, trying to concentrate through the numbing sound of bullets going straight through the metal walls of the containers.

Anybody watching can see that she is talking, but it is very hard to hear anything over the constant gunfire.

Show
    Half move into cover

Weapon jinx (Jam a chosen weapon within 50m, +10m or another gun for every 5 over)
    (2d10)[10][2](12)+3, vs 7 (overbleed 1 time, so +10 meters to hit if the machinegun is between 50 and 60 meters away)
    On natural 9s, phenomena (2d100)[33][38](71) nope
    On 75+, perils (2d100)[48][25](73) nope

Going for the heavy gun currently supressing us, then going after any weapons on the one up top next
    Last edited by luca0483; 2017-05-30 at 09:47 AM.

22. - Top - End - #322

Although Chani had never been in any real fights that she could remember, she had been in hundreds of simulated fights. Outside the simulations and hypnosis it was terrifying, removed from the safety of simulated pain.

Still, fighting becomes a reflex when conditions are met, you stop thinking and start acting as the conditioning kicks in.

Show
    All out attack on Creve, WS 28+30=58 (d100)[36] potential damage: (d10)[10] halved ofcourse and then -3+3 for unarmed and Strength Bonus

23. - Top - End - #323

Spoiler: Fury
    Show
    seems I'm blessed: WS 28+30=58 (1d100)[92] damage if success: (1d10)[7] halved

24. - Top - End - #324
    Banned

Chani lands a final blow on the increasingly incoherent Creve - a deep bodyblow that sends the man slumping to the ground, with insufficient shreds of consciousness remaining to continue the fight.

Meanwhile, outside the deep, throaty roar of the machinegun suddenly silences, and are replaced by a male voice cursing imaginatively and viciously enough to curdle milk at 50 paces. At the same time, a grenade pops through the bead curtain, lands right in the middle of the room, and lies there, doing nothing.

Finally, the man who yelled to engage pops around the corner - giant scoped revolver aiming steadily - and fires a single shot at Fen.

Show

Target: (1d6)[2] 1-2: Fen, 3-4: Ferrus, 5-6: Chani

Commander:
    Attack: (1d100)[71] vs 60
    Damage (1d10+3)[8] Pen 5 - depending on his location remember to add cover.

Can I just point out that, to my way of thinking, everyone owes Fen drinks.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2017-06-05 at 04:02 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Ferrus had been waiting for someone to poke their head in. When the man with the revolver pops around the corner, he gets met with a series of lasbolts for his trouble.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, Ferrus is hopefully far enough way from the grenade and has cover if it decides to blow up. If he doesn't have cover, he'll move before he fires.

to hit: (1d100)[14]
    damage: (1d10+3)[9]

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #326

Fen breathes a sigh of relief when the machine-gun noise dies down.

"Pin-striker blessed, just in time"

She turns to address Ferrus, gesturing to the psy-focus on her forehead.

"I broke some of their armaments, cover me"

Fen leaves her cover, six-piece in hand, jumping over the dud grenade, moving headfirst into the beadcurtain

Show
    Move

Shoot at whoever is on the other side, if anybody is there
    (1d100)[56] vs 67 (37 + 30 assuming point blank range)

Damage:
    Quote Originally Posted by luca0483 View Post
    (1d10+2)[6] I, 0 pen
    Last edited by luca0483; 2017-06-07 at 03:55 AM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Banned

Spoiler: OOC - Fen
    Show

Needs more damage. Or any damage at all.

28. - Top - End - #328

Chani was shocked and almost concerned, feeling momentarily guilty for striking the man so violently.

Her hands leap impulsively towards the autogun in Creve's hands and she stands up looking as if the gun was the one that had grabbed her.

Pushing her back against the wall and trying to get an overview of the situation

Seeing the man with the scoped revolver she strikes a horrible grimace and breaths in deeply before moving fearfully, yet courageously towards him for another upcoming righteous charge

Spoiler: turn
    Show
    pick up the autogun as a half action and then half move towards the peeping revolver man, so that later, despite "terrain" I might have a chance to reach him
    Last edited by Checkmate-Pony; 2017-06-09 at 04:21 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Banned

Spoiler: Overview
    Show

Like most everything in The Stack, the bar is made from shipping containers. Two of them, to be exact, placed side by side, with the relevant divide removed. That means the furthest distance involved is 40'. The entrance is north, with Commander in cover by the doorway. To east, about midway, is the mentioned bead curtain, leading to a terrace, where Fen currently is. The terrace is not an exit, as I'll be getting to in a moment.

Chani's best bet - other than firing the weapon, which doesn't seem to be her preferred mode of fighting for some reason?! - is to rush to the bar, which places her in cover, in charge range, with a decent view of things.

Ferrus - by my estimate - is opposite the bar, crouched behind a turned over table. Similarly in charge range, should he so decide.

Only Fen can see the young woman on the roof - she also I shall be getting back to. We shall call her Sword Lady.

No one can see the last of the trio, who we shall refer to as Heavy Weapons Guy - but it seems prudent to guess he'll make his presence felt (and heard) again any minute now.

For those interested in such things, Sword Lady is lightly armored, wielding swords - and grenades, obviously - clad in a tight fitting black bodyglove.

Commander wears flak, and his style of dress is very Imperial Guard-esque.

Ferrus, aim unfailing, places two shots in the chest of Commander drawing both blood and a very satisfying cry of pain.

Fen, for her part, manages to entirely miss the young, black clad lady on the roof. She barely flinches as the shot passes by her - then smiles, as she leaps down, blade flashing. She manages to miss entirely, giving Fen a brief moment to admire the view. Unbeknownst to you all, this bar is right on the edge of Fossil Valley, with this little terrace offering a breathtaking view of the landscape, miles below, stretching to the horizon. gargantuan bones scattered everywhere, making the valleyfloor a mosaic of white bone, broken by mesas, deeper faults and crevaces, even what might be considered small mountain chains below the level of the highland you're on.

Chani moves forward into cover, ready to rush Commander.

For his part, Commander fires back at Ferrus, aiming carefully despite his wounds. Aiming while bleeding is taxing business however, and he once more misses his mark.

Finally, Heavy Weapons Guy gives a satisfied grunt outside as his weapon jam finally clears. Heavy bootfalls signals his approach, as he takes the opposite side of the doorway, where he readies his weapon, out of sight.

Show

Sword Lady:
    Attack (Fen): (1d100)[100] vs. WS 45
    Damage: (1d10+4)[11] pen 3

Commander:
    Attack (Ferrus): (1d100)[66] vs. BS 60
    Damage: (1d10+3)[5] pen 5

Heavy Weapons Guy cannot both move and attack, since his weapon is full auto only.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2017-06-10 at 05:55 AM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't suppose there's any chance of talking this out?" Ferrus said, mostly to himself. It was fairly obvious that the odds of that happening were slightly smaller than the odds of his having a good day today. The table offered decent cover, but not great, and he didn't fancy his chances against the heavy weapon outside, but more on that when it came to it. Right now his most pressing concern was the fellow in the guard flak. He fired another burst at the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    to hit: (1d100)[2]
    and damage: (1d10+3)[13](1d10+3)[11]

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: