New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Sand, hot lead and V8's (Dark Heresy) IC

Fen had only popped out the bead-curtain to trade shots (after all, her aptitude is in mid-range), but got more than she bargained for when the sword lady leapt from the roof. Fen nearly didn't dodge the full-out swing, and so made sure to get back in while she had the chance. Hearing the loud cocking of the machinegun outside, Fen leapt to the bar for cover, and once more began to incant softly:

"Mother of world, our cradle, thou that give us time and our tongue. Father of mankind, our leader, thou that delivers us to where we belong..."

Fen's concentration is broken for a brief moment as she hears a sound from the bead-curtain, and looks to see if the lady is following her in. Fen does not get to continue her cant, she does not even get to lay her eye upon the opening to get an answer to her question.

She is cut off from her action by a quick rumbling sound that quickly explodes out of Fen's head to become a wailing cacophony of souls and spirits emmanating from her forehead, eyes and mouth, all of which are lighting up with a white light with cracks around the edges. The screams of the warp-ghosts send uncanny and disturbing feelings through everybody close enough for the sounds to pierce their souls, for it is the maddening noise of the chaos realm.

As quickly as the tortured spirits came, they dissapear, but for the brief 5 seconds where they permeated our existance, Fen is reminded of home.
    Go the extra mile, it's never crowded.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

puffing like a train in the local heat, Chani turns her head and sees Fen in trouble, stumbling through the bead curtain, faintly seeing this new opponent through the beads, her face tenses in a zealous roar, turning into a shrill as voices and visions parading in front of her minds eye, in that brief instant she wondered if the sword lady was a witch, not understanding the super natural mishap from Fens side.

"For the Emperor!" she screams. In reflex, her hands activates the safety on the autogun and swirling it in her palms so she now holds it by the barrel

Wielding the autogun like a club she charges at the sword lady.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Willpower Test: 30 (1d100)[33] Charge attack, WS 28+20=48 (1d100)[79] A shame Fen didn't stay, you get use bonuses having friends around Potential Damage: [roll]1d10-2+3[/roll]

3. - Top - End - #333
    Banned

There is a yell of wild annoyance from outside the bar - followed by the deep thunk of a heavy stubber being tossed aside. Instead, the heavy gunner pokes around the doorframe, producing a new weapon, and taking a potshot at the first thing that catches his eye. The man trying to use a handcannon seems less well equipped with spare firearms. He instead yanks out a bulky knife that buzzes to merry life at the push of a button.

Finally, sword lady enters from stage right, her un-jammable blade describing elegant arches through the air as she deftly cuts down the bead curtain before charging in.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Sword lady will close with Fen once more - not because she has any idea who (much to the mutual annoyance of Team Enemy) keeps jamming their weapons, but simply because she's stubborn and persistent.
    Attack: (1d100)[19] vs 45
    Damage: (1d10+4)[7] pen 3

The Commander (AKA Hand Cannon guy) charges at Ferrus, doing his best to carve up the tech priest with his chain dagger.
    Attack: (1d100)[52] vs 40
    Damage: (1d5+5)[8] pen 2

And finally, Heavy Weapons Guy (now officially demoted to autopistol guy) fires a single shot at Chani.
    Attack: (1d100)[2] vs 65 (still short range, no suppression this time)
    Damage: (1d10+2)[8]

Their luck finally improving, Fen takes a cut to her leg, while Chani suffers a grazing shot to the head.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2017-06-20 at 11:49 AM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Ferrus jumped back with a strangled mechanical 'eep' when the commander decided to forgo his pistol and charge in with a chain knife. Close combat was by no means the techpriest's specialty, and was rather something he'd prefer to avoid if at all possible... but his opponent looked dead on his feet already, half a step away from going to meet the Emperor. Ferrus devoted a stray thought to wondering which aspect of the Emperor the man would meet, letting his lasgun fall away on its strap and scrambling to find his heavy pistol instead. Drawing the weapon, he fired a shot at center mass, doing his level best to avoid the chain knife in the process.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

5. - Top - End - #335

Fen is irritated by the rude lady with the sword, to say the least.
    A well timed swing go through Fen's defences, leaveing a deep gash in her leg. Fen drops back against the wall, and steadies her aim as she desperately tries to get a good shot off at the lady.

As fen pulls the trigger, she whispers to concentrate
    "Stop mattering"

Spoiler: Turn
    Show
    Aim +10
    Shoot revolver
    (1d100)[75] vs 57 (37 base, + 10 aim, +10 single shot?)
    (1d10+2)[3]
    Last edited by luca0483; 2017-06-23 at 10:02 AM.

6. - Top - End - #336

A bullet flies through the air and seems to strike Chani in the face, invisible safe for the jet of blood it carries through the other side, her tied up hair seem to unleash slightly from the impact.

Screaming in pain and zeal she flails her autoclub around franticly at the swordlady

Spoiler: turn
    Show
    all out attack on the sword lady (1d100)[30] WS 28+10 for gang up+30 for all out attack=68. Potential Damage (1d10+1)[5]

7. - Top - End - #337
    Banned

Fen steps back from the sword wielding assasin, attracting the unwelcome attention of her blade, but clearing enough distance for Fen to squeeze off a shot in return. A moment later, Chani charges in, slamming the stock of her rifle in the assasins mouth, causing blood and teeth to fly.

Spoiler: Free attack
    Show

WS: (1d100)[20] vs 45
    Damage: (1d10+4)[10] pen 2 (edit: Ouchies)

With that, it's Ferrus' turn. No it isn't.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2017-07-04 at 06:23 AM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Banned

Thoroughly fed up with the constant malfunctions on his gun, the Commander pulls out a small chain blade, and charges Ferrus, fully intent on carving what soft, vulnerable pieces remain on the tech priest right out.

Ferrus for his part - proving cool under pressure and a far more capable gunslinger than anyone expected - draws his heavy side arm, draws a bead and fires. The Commander, already barely standing, literally explodes. At point blank range, the damage from the heavy caliber slug is unbelievable, pulverizing the mans skull, creating a cone of mixed matter - brains, slivers of skull, blood, an eye - where once a face used to be. Ripped off his feet by the impact, his momentum still carries him forward, sliding to a messy, bloody rest at Ferrus' feet.

The lady assasin, suddenly facing Chani rather than Fen, attacks with furious abandon, slicing with her elegant blade.

Back by the door, the former heavy gunner lets rip with his autopistol.

Show

Sword Lady:
    All-out attack against Chani: (1d100)[70] vs 75 - she cannot dodge or parry.
    Damage: (1d10+4)[5] pen 2

Obviously, Chani can dodge or parry.

Heavy Gunner:
    Burst fire: (1d100)[44] vs. 75
    Damage: (1d10+2)[6]
    Damage: (1d10+2)[10]
    Damage: (1d10+2)[8]

Two hits. Like with Chani, Ferrus can definitely chose to be in cover, granting an additional 2 points of protection. Both hits are to body.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2017-07-04 at 06:50 AM.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Ferrus blinked as the former assailant crashed to a heap in front of him. That was certainly not something he had expected, but... the sound of gunfire brought him back to reality, a hail of bullets from the heavy's autopistol thumping into the table, the walls, and him. One of the shots drew blood, but it didn't SEEM bad. Ferrus hunkered down behind his chunk of makeshift cover, keeping his sidearm out. When he thought there was a good opening he popped up for a second to take aim and fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aimed shot at the heavy.
    (1d100)[31] vs... likely 54.
    (1d10+4)[7] AP2

This is getting spooky, Ferrus.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2017-07-06 at 03:06 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #340

Finally not having the full attention of sword-lady after slipping behind the next table, Fen uses the moment to put away the courtesy weapons, and draw her big gun from her back: a bulky autoshotgun that is likely older than Fen is, the words "Lava bear" primatively engraved on the side.

Memories on the top of Fen's mind flood to her mouth, and she begins lightly chanting to the firearm as she hold it in her arms.

"Ghost of the gears, come to my side, to the oh hollowed piston. Spirit of the circuit, come to my side..."

Spoiler: Turn
    Show
    Switch weapons

Unnatural Aim
    Threshold 8, Focus Half, Sustain No, Range You
    Before the end of my next Turn, any ranged attacks i make get a +30 bonus

(2d10)[1][1](2)+3, vs 8
    On natural 9s, phenomena: (1d100)[80] (1d100)[96]
    On 75+, perils: (1d100)[52] (1d100)[47]

Last edited by luca0483; 2017-07-06 at 07:02 AM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Banned

There is a shout from the door:

Yo! Jenel.

Sword Lady - who apparently is called Jenel, answer, clearly annoyed (as if to say 'busy over here'):

... what, Brogan? Brogan seems to be the name of Heavy Weapons Guy.

Grimsby's down. We're 2 against 3.

Did you come all the way here to point out the obvious - or do you have any suggestions?

I might.

The perceptive among you can hear - over the general din of battle and panic - that Brogan abandons his post on the door. Jenel for her part breaks off from combat, and dashes out the way she came in: Through the bead curtain. She steps left, out of sight.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Jenel, obviously, disengages. I guess Ferrus could easily peek out the door and keep tabs on what Brogan is up to - whether he just decided to run and leave poor Jenel behind.

Oh and it's Chani again.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2017-07-11 at 06:51 AM.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Ferrus blinked at the sudden abandonment of the fight. On the other hand, that brief exchange made it sound like they were Up To Something. Stepping over the recently corpsified Grimsby, the techpriest shuffled over to the door to have a look out and see what the enemy was doing.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

13. - Top - End - #343
    Banned

Ferrus is just in time to see Brogan swing himself up into the drivers seat of the utility truck. A moment later, the engine rumbles to life.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

"They are attempting to steal our vehicle," Ferrus called to the others. The combat bikes up there might help, but then, the utility truck was very large, and Ferrus had an uncomfortable feeling. This bar had been placed near the edge of a very long drop, hadn't it? Quickly he hurried back to the body of the commander, pciking up the chain knife and the pistol, and anything else he could find with a quick search of the body. They needed to get out, but he'd be damned before leaving useful tech behind.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #345

Hearing the assailants go for it, Fen stands up from her table and starts pulling on the beyond.

"He willn't get far if i have say in it. Apologies grand archetect, i'm about to pull at your gears"

Fen looks at the big truck, chanting about "the great machine". It doesn't sound like she is talking about the truck though.
    Last edited by luca0483; 2017-09-12 at 10:02 AM.

16. - Top - End - #346

Gasping for air, Chani swirls the autogun in her hands to wield it in the intended way, safeties off.

She holds a hand to her bleeding head and hurries off, puffing as she storms after Jenel and Brogan. Not even stopping to think she heads outside, looking left and right only once to spot the bikes and dashing for them in determined rage. A blind subconscious fury taking over her in pursuit of vengeance.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Banned

It's an interesting moment: Ferrus runs from the bar, getting to the bikes easily. Moments later, Chani emerges, only to realise that she isn't - quite - going to make it, as the utility truck's engine roars, it's wheels whip up dirt, gravel and dust, and the huge vehicle surges forward.

Being a truck, it's acceleration isn't super fast, so Chani has a moment to dodge out of the way - even if Brogan, evil grin plastered on his broad features - swerves to hit her.

Then the truck rams the bar with ... well, with a sound very much like a big truck hurtling into a 40' shipping container, with the deliberate purpose of pushing if off a mile high ledge.

For her part, Jenel is marginally better prepared than everyone else, knowing Brogan as she does. She dodges back out on the balcony, leaps back onto the roof, and runs along it - hoping to get to safety before the bar plunges into the abyss.

Show

Brogan:
    Pilot big truck: (1d100)[42] vs 35 - and I'd like a dodge roll from Chani.

Jenel:
    Acrobatics: (1d100)[84] vs 52

I'll need some sort of roll from Fen for her to remain standing - acrobatics, agility, something. She gets +10 for having a staff to lean on. Further, remember you have fate, if needed.

The crash as the truck rams the bar-slash-container is resounding. With a loud rumble, the container starts sliding - backwards, off over the lip, into the abyss. Jenel, for her part, runs along the roof of the bar, but stumbles and falls as the truck hits. There's not really anyone around to see the murderous look she sends Brogan.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2017-07-23 at 02:51 AM.

18. - Top - End - #348

Spoiler: Dodge roll
    Show
    [roll]1d100[/roll] target is 18
    Last edited by Checkmate-Pony; 2017-07-24 at 03:05 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349

Spoiler: Dodge roll
    Show
    [roll0] target is 18

20. - Top - End - #350

what am I doing wrong? (1d100)[86]

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Ferrus darted out from the bar, hauling his loot with him. He didn't stop till he had made the cover of the bikes, and could assess the situation. The utility truck was big and slow, but made for one hell of a battering ram. He had to get the driver out of there somehow. First step was getting on board.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ferrus wants to wait until the truck is not moving, or at least not moving very fast, and then jump up on the back section. Should I roll for that?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

22. - Top - End - #352
    Banned

Show

It's not much of a run up, and the truck doesn't have the acceleration of a sports car. Ferrus can get on no sweat.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Banned

Fen sprints forward as fast as her aging legs can carry her - leaps off a table, hoping to clear the front end of the truck. This almost succeeds, although, just not quite.

While Fen is doing this, Jenell is running atop the bar, trying to keep her balance as she tries furiously to get off before everything topples into the abyss below.

Of course, with Brogan and Grimsby shooting from the door, everyone else who was in the bar at the time of the attack ... is still here. Some are in a state of panic, others reduced to gibbering heaps on the floor. A few seem to be looking around in confusion, still not having figured out what's about to happen.

As Fen lands, half on the hood of the truck, legs dangling behind - Jenell leaps off the roof, and lands in front of her. There is a chilling moment as their eyes meet, and Jenell slides her long, curved blade from it's scabbard.

For his part, things aren't working out for Brogan as he had planned: All his intended victims are now outside the bar. He doesn't stop though, but he pulls his autopistol again - there is a moment as he deliberates among targets. Fen is point blank, but in cover, and behind Jenell. In stead, he fires out the side window at Ferrus.

Show

Jenell has used a full action, so cannot attack.

Brogan fires a burst at Ferrus, who has the option of being in cover behind the bike - which I expect he'd like. I guess drive-by shootings like this are at a -10. Thus:
    Brogan: (1d100)[80] vs 55 (skill of 55, -10 for drive-by, +10 for burst fire, no modifier for range)
    Damage: (1d10+2)[7]
    Damage: (1d10+2)[4]

For her part, Chani manages to squeeze out before the truck hits, but is struck in the shoulder and thrown in the process. She takes (1d5)[1], reduced by toughness but not armor, and lands on her back in the dust.

24. - Top - End - #354

Chani is struck on the shoulder by the relatively unstoppable force of the truck, she spins around landing face first on the ground, her hair spreading out in a pattern on the ground. The impact knocked some sense into her frenzied mind and she pushes herself, struggling up to feet again, gasping for breath and clutching her shoulder, hobbling towards the tilting bar, desperately calling out for the people inside.

she realized all those people would die if she choose to do nothing, maybe it was already too late, maybe it was not even worth it, but she would have failed utterly by not even trying.

Holding on to the door frame, keeping the autogun out of sight as to not have them be afraid of her.

"Everyone, get out quickly! It's going to collapse" She screamed (repeatedly) reaching her free hand inside the bar grasping the air for anyone closest, in an attempt to save just one person, the sharp pain in her raised shoulder sending a tear down her cheek.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Ducking bullets from the autopistol, Ferrus ran for the truck, climbing up onto the back of it. Once he was behind the cab, he'd be out of the line of fire, though that did leave him in a position to end up fighting against the lady with the sword. Her first, then. The techpriest still had his heavy laspistol out, and at this short range it would be a relatively easy shot. He just hoped he could end the fight quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ferrus gets to the truck, and uses his remaining half-action to shoot Jenell. (1d100)[34] vs.. 64 if it's point-blank.
    damage (1d10+4)[10] this is with AP2.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2017-08-09 at 06:39 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #356

Finding a good foothold, Fen raises herself up onto the bonnet with frantic hurry. Seeing Jenel about to draw her sword, their eyes lock for a moment before their vision is filled with a bright flash, Fen's shotgun Lava Bear lettings its fury out on Jenel.

Show
    Fen has actually never recieved training in shotguns, so -30 for that. Point blank range +30. Semi auto +10? Can't remember. Anyway, GM applies other modifiers as they see fit, before knowing the roll.
    Spoiler: Actually the rolls
    Show
    hit (1d100)[99] vs 47 (37 + 10 + ?). An additional hit if i get 2 LoS or better.
    damage1 (1d10+4)[9] I, pen 0
    damage2 (1d10+4)[6]

Scatter rules come into play? +1 hit per 2 LoS, IIRC
    theoretical extra hits
    (1d10+4)[11]
    (1d10+4)[13]

27. - Top - End - #357
    Banned

Chani frantically manages to get a couple of innocent bar goers out of the narrow gap left by the truck.

Meanwhile, inside the truck, Brogan sees that everyone he meant to kill with this maneuver is now actually out of the bar, stops the engine. Everything grinds to a halt - with the bar tipping, being held up only by the fender of the truck. Brogan hits the steering wheel, shouting 'God Emprah Dammit All!' With no clear targets in sight, he climbs out of the cabin, looking to help Jenell.

Jenell, for her part, seems to no longer be feeling it. As the shotgun roars - missing by such a wide margin that it might well be taken for a warning shot - she drops her sword, holds out her hands and says:

Tell ya what: How about we trade? My life (and gear) for all the useful information you need?

Brogan, right behind her, hears this (of course) and mutters: ... you friggin traitor! through clenched teeth, levels his gun at her back, and mows her down.

Show

Brogan:
    Attack: (1d100)[100] vs 95 (skill 55, +10 burst fire, +30 point blank - poor lucky Jenell)
    Damage: (1d10+2)[12]
    Damage: (1d10+2)[4]
    Damage: (1d10+2)[10]

Jenell:
    Dodge: (1d100)[73] vs 52

Sure of his execution of the less-than-loyal-to-the-death Jenell, he puts the barrel of his weapon right up to her brain stem, whispers goodbye, and with a *klunk* ... it jams.

He bellows in rage - what is this bloody nonsense?! - and prepares to throttle Jenell with his bare hands, now that everything else has failed him.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2017-08-10 at 09:44 AM.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

"Trade accepted." Ferrus swung the laspistol around to point at Brogan. "This is a Sollex VII Heavy laspistol. At this range the effects are quite unpleasant. You are outnumbered and outgunned. Cease hostilities, and you will live."

Spoiler
    Show
    This feels like an Intimidate Check. Ferrus doesn't have that trained, but I wanted to give it a shot anyways.

(1d100)[57] vs... probably like 18. Unless I get a bonus for having a large gun. Needless to say, if this fails I'll be shooting him.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

29. - Top - End - #359
    Banned

Rage has fuelled Brogan many years - it has kept him alive in many battles. It is the warm fuzzy feeling he nurtures inside at night. It has served him well, but even the most faithful lover may fail in time. That little voice inside Brogans head that usually tells him right - you can win or they are afraid of you or break his nose and he'll tell you everything - this time, when that voice whispers he's bluffing!, this time it's wrong.

Brogan lunges forward, murder in his eyes - and then the blinding light of Sollex does it's thing, an instant of searing heat and melting, burning flesh, of superheated gasses, and a lifetime of rage ends without even a whimper. Brogans body, pierced by bolts of light, but neatly cauterized at the same time, slumps, tumbles off the truck, and lands in a tangle of limbs.

Jenell flinches, shrugs her shoulders and says: Brogan you damned fool. I even halfway liked you.

Alright. I suggest we haul the bar back in place, and then grab a drink. I'll tell you what I know.

Uh, maybe a drink somewhere else?

30. - Top - End - #360

Fen looks at the deceased Brogan and his discarded pistol, that had threatened Jenel's head just moments earlier. Fen tsks and comments:
    "He should'af known it wouldn't fire when I jammed his weapons the first three times".

She looks over at the tilting container.
    "Yes, let us haul it back. I'll jump behind the helm when we have mounted the chain".
    Last edited by luca0483; 2017-08-14 at 03:16 PM.