New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [DBitP] Foster's Home For Temporally-Displaced Friends

Earth, Max's Ship

Max had been about to say something, but as the brass ship arrived, then Dr. Whooves informed him that his home was no more he closed his mouth and sat on the ground. Then curled up into a ball and sat there silently thinking as he stared off into the air. Internally, he was boxing his emotions up for later unpacking and processing and coming to a decision on what his next course of action should be, and that didn't take him long to figure out.

Clearing his throat and standing up once more, Max brushed himself off and started to speak, a tremor of emotion disrupting his voice. So he stopped, cleared his throat again, took a short breath before starting once more, "Well, if I can't get back home then it is my duty as an Earthling and a Human to make the world a better place. Which, given the range of the years, would start with implementing proper sewage and sanitation. Given that I'm not about to go conquering the world just to build sewers, it would work better to make a shining example of a city for people to try and keep up with the johnsons with." Max looked over to the animate suit of armor, "Do the namekians know you're cribbing off their ship design sheet? And since when was there a Red Planet army? Furthermore, I'm rather certain that this land is claimed by some minor fiefdom or baron or something at this time. So unless you conquered them and whatever country they were a part of, I think there's some contenders to your claim of territory."

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Tournament.
    Masala stops as she sees Laffee's form. And then something horrifying happens.
    "SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!! YOUR SO CUTE!!!!"
    She squeals loudly while making a terrifying fan girl face, then rushes forward tries to glomp the chibi-Laffe in a crushing hug. Now Laffee would know what it felt like to be his cute deer doctor crew member.

Meanwhile Shanakan just decides to wait patiently. Let others talk with him, the real current Kami of this world had a policy of being accepting and her authority mattered far more, and he saw no reason to change that.

Talsaiga
    "Spirit bomb? RIGHT!"
    Android 22 flies away from Ver-Valna, landing atop a deserted island and raises her hands to start gathering energy, asking for the entire planet to lend it to her cause. Lokote-Blizzan charges after her zooming forward to try and kill her, but Android 23 intercepts with a kick.
    "You want her? You'll have to go through me....Lokote."
    "Figured it out have you? No matter. Challenged, accepted."
    They clash in a flurry of sword strikes, then he stops her blade with his hand and slashes 23 across the chest savagely, exposing a lot of wiring, sparks coming out of her, then she kicks her out of the way. Then turns towards Android 22, but suddenly Masala comes from behind and covers his eyes.
    "Gaaaaaaaah! Get off me you annoying brat!"
    But Masala clings to him as he tries to shake her off.
    "NO! I won't let you kill my mommies, no matter how powerful you are!"
    "RRRRRGH!"
    He finally grabs a hold of Masala, and throws her off who bounces over the water like a skipping stone.

Five minutes until the Spirit Bomb is ready.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Talsaiga - Ver-Valna

Vodkana kept throwing ki trays. "23 and 22, do you know anything about a Spirit Bomb? Nya? He said this the only thing that will kill him. Nya' her tone was.. practical and cold.
    Starlight was worried. In Vodkana's demeanor, she saw the catgirl going down the same dark oath she had, the path of practicality. The good of the one sacrificed for the good of the many. She didn't want to see her friend go down that path and suffer, like she and so many others had. She almost dropped what she was doing and rushed over.

Her hesitation cost her, as Lokote managed to break free of her telekinesis and slip by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Talsaiga

"Spirit bomb? RIGHT!"

Android 22 flies away from Ver-Valna, landing atop a deserted island and raises her hands to start gathering energy, asking for the entire planet to lend it to her cause. Lokote-Blizzan charges after her zooming forward to try and kill her, but Android 23 intercepts with a kick.

"You want her? You'll have to go through me....Lokote."

"Figured it out have you? No matter. Challenged, accepted."
    Starlight just stared at Lokote, flabbergasted. "You literally just told us that! Of course we 'figured it out'!"

They clash in a flurry of sword strikes, then he stops her blade with his hand and slashes 23 across the chest savagely, exposing a lot of wiring, sparks coming out of her, then she kicks her out of the way. Then turns towards Android 22, but suddenly Masala comes from behind and covers his eyes.

"Gaaaaaaaah! Get off me you annoying brat!"

But Masala clings to him as he tries to shake her off.

"NO! I won't let you kill my mommies, no matter how powerful you are!"

"RRRRRGH!"

He finally grabs a hold of Masala, and throws her off who bounces over the water like a skipping stone.

Five minutes until the Spirit Bomb is ready.
    As Masala was thrown off, Starlight teleported in front of Lokote and lit her horn, summoning a pertuisane made of pink, magical energy. The three blades joined at the tip, joined by her cutie mark - a shield with tiny pawprints on it. She didn't use it to attack, however - instead, she spun around and kicked him with both hind-hooves, aiming to knock him as far away from Ver-Valna as possible so as to minimize collateral damage.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-03-23 at 03:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #514
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Tournament]
    Togari turns to Shanakan, bowing ceremoniously to apologize for his wrongdoing. Thoughts rush into his head - he's never spoken to a live mortal before, only the dead warriors that the lesser Kais used to settle disputes - he hardly knows how to process the interaction. "Apologies, friend. Watching such skill in the ring of battle excites my passion far beyond my control. Were I a stronger man, I could control this." He smiles, taking a moment to pause before he speaks to the Black Sultan.

He resists scoffing at the man - an otherworldy lord? Togari was of the lowest caliber of Oni. The Sultan had no idea what a blessing the freedom of mortality provided, or else he would hardly be so respectful to Togari based on his station. "I thank you, sir, but I am no 'otherworldy lord,' merely a fan of the martial arts, as is everyone else here, I assume." He offers another overemphasized bow - he has no idea of mortal customs, so he errs on the side of caution. "I am known as Togari. I am no man's master and no man's subject."

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

[Earth; next to Max's ship]

The juggernaut takes a heavy step forward and bends over to look at the thaumic screwdriver. "A deleted timeline? Well that's inconvenient. For him."

It straightens its back and turns to face Max. "Namekians are nearly extinct and the sole surviving member of their species within light years is our glorious emperor, Trombone the second!"

The juggernaut's spaceship actually plays a short trumpet piece at the mention of this.

"As for our claim to this solar system, humans can get back to us once they have developed space travel. This unit will now confiscate your ship and leave you in the care of the good doctor here."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #516

RedWizardGuy

Max gave the juggernaut of a machine a flat look in response to the intent to confiscate his ship, "Uh, no. I don't think you'll be taking my ship from me. I will, in fact, destroy it if I have to rather than hand over the prototype for testing my doctoral thesis to a stranger that I have no guarantees won't try to weaponize it's faster than light drive system in some way. If, however, you would like to amend that statement to asking for a copy of the data on my ship, I'm not necessarily averse to that idea if Doctor Pony- Whooves, was it? If he vouches for your intentions. Just, you know, minus my personal data, including the aforementioned drive."

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

The juggernaut returns Max's stare without a change in expression. Maybe because it can't change its expression to begin with.

"This unit will confiscate your ship so you won't repeat your offense. This is not negotiable", it rumbles. "If you are also its inventor, this unit also requests you come along so your expertise can be used to patch a gap in the asteroid belt defense and traffic control system."

In hindsight, maybe Max shouldn't have revealed the latter fact. Now, regardless of what happens to his ship, the Red Planet Army knows to keep eyes on him.

8. - Top - End - #518

RedWizardGuy

Max shook his head a bit, "No, I don't think you get it. I haven't heard one thing from you that presents you as a legitimate authority for this area of space. Your organization wasn't in any history book from my time period, which is suspicious to start with. Then the fact that you're completely ignoring previous claims to this planet because you discount them since the people making those claims haven't met some arbitrary standard of technological advancement, as if that matters with regards to a species' home planet. So that's not doing you any favors there in the trustability scale. Now, if you want my help with something, I don't mind providing it supposing that I am generally unmolested and get some kind of compensation for my time and effort."

Max had realized the problem with having told the juggernaut that he had made the ship's drive, but for some reason he still thought he could talk his way out of this. Though he was hoping Dr. Whooves could provide some context soon, or this might devolve into some kind of fight. Or staring contest.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

The unit continues staring back. It is very good at it, due to literal lack of eyelids. "This unit notes you are engaging in several cardinal sins of time travellers. One: " It lifts up a metal finger. "Your argument hinges on knowledge of history which you ought to know is incomplete. For example, with 99.8% probability your timeline's humans had no working space ships in this era, so they would never have encountered us. The same is true of Namekians, which you apparently know to exist."

It lifts a second finger up. "Two: You say this unit has failed to present a proof of authority, but have failed to acknowledge that, for the above reason, you might not actually know enough to recognize such proof."

"Think of the following: you have recognized this unit's ship as Namekian in design. This unit has also shared with you that Namekians are near-extinct in this era and that only one resides anywhere near Earth. Based on your knowledge of your timeline's history - who, then, is the most likely Namekian from which we recovered this design, and what position are they most likely to occupy?"

10. - Top - End - #520

RedWizardGuy

Max responds by holding up one finger, " First, of course history is incomplete, but by this era there were a lot of people writing histories. They may have been political tools, lies, and in some cases outright fantasy, but if something like you existed and had any kind of presence on Earth, someone probably would have written Something down about it. But no, we have...had stories and records of the terror of King Piccolo, but no mention of animate suits of armor or anything like that. This leads me to lean towards believing that you are the result of someone else's time travel shenanigans. And to go back to the point I was making- if you want to claim ownership of something you need to have more than just the capability of going there, you need to have a presence there. You apparently haven't taken over this world's governments, and haven't set up any kind of bouy or space station to announce your claim to anyone in space ships. Your claim is weakened by a lack of fair indicators. If the only way that people find out that you have laid claim to Earth is by violating some rule that you claim exists but haven't notified anyone of in any fair way, then you don't have a strong claim, because it leaves you in a position where you can make rules up and claim they were there the entire time."

Max holds up a second finger, " You still haven't tried though. A badge, an appeal to your authority figure, something. While I might not recognize the particular authority, the action of saying 'on behalf of this person or group we are doing' helps to show that you aren't some lone entity that's just trying to scam people."

Max then brings his fingers together and touches the bridge of his nose as if he were pushing glasses up into place as he responds to the final point, as if to drive home the nerdiness of his response, "Well, according to Namekian history, which is a lot of 'this guy was in charge and things went fine' and the occasional 'bad things happened and we peaced through it', The Son of Katas was one of the few survivors of the horrible climactic cataclysm that rocked Namek around this time. So, given the year, I'd have to say he's most likely to be in the position of some poorly informed green guy wandering around the Earth wondering why no one looks like him at allllll-" Max blinks a bit as he realizes what the unit was Actually trying to imply, instead of trying to prompt a history lesson. He cleared his throat, "Well, I mean, if you went and stopped him from walking the path that would one day lead to him splitting and becoming Kami and the Great Demon King respectively, then you've done more to change this timeline than I have by landing here. Just because you call him Emperor Trombone, do dododo, doesn't make him a legitimate head of state. I could claim to be god-emperor of mankind, but it doesn't mean my claim is legitimate or true. I at least have paperwork to backup my ownership of this ship."

11. - Top - End - #521
    Colossus in the Playground

Ver-Valna

I have gathered that your 'spirit bomb' is the only attack that can hurt Blizzan. Apfel said as he flew up next to 22, assuming a guarding stance with his World Blade. But you need time for that. I will be your last line of defence.

Artic meanwhile, fired numerous homing ki-blasts at Blizzan as he was knocked away.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-03-24 at 03:42 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

Doctor Whooves glanced back and forth from Max to the Juggernaut and back again, trying to decide on a course of action. Technically, the Juggernaught was in the right here. They were granted the right to police Earth by the previous kami, and the current kami was off-world and unable to resolve this dispute. However, he neither liked these juggernauts, nor trusted them to return the ship in one piece when the situation was eventually resolved. Thankfully, there was one legal course of action he could take. Seeing a crack in the conversation, he inserted himself to get a word in edgewise.

"I'm afraid this is a non-issue," he said. "By the authority of Princess Celestia, granted by the current Kami of this world, Android 23, I have legal rights to confiscate any technology or artifacts that could pose a threat to Equestria. As an agent of SMILE, under the direct authority of Princess Celestia, I hereby confiscate this ship."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

13. - Top - End - #523

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Spoiler: Zorbab's room
    Show

Zorbab mostly gotten there, in the usual means- backstabbing, blackmailing, conspiring and bribing. Important skills to get a good position, but it's not neccarily promise you to be good at your position.
    Now it was Zorbab's turn to gasp in girlish way. He fell to his knees and kissed Hailing's feet.
    "I'm in your eternal debt your highness!" he paused.
    "Anything else, you would require from me, your highness?"

Spoiler: Zorbab
    Show

At this particular moment, no. Emperor Hailing answers. But I will have you reassigned from Apfel's assassination. You're compromised. We have to assume either your assassin or your Corsairs will spill about your involvement. Emperor Hailing explains. Just another reason why Zorbab was promoted past his level of competence.

This is the problem with people of ambition, Hailing understood. Ambition is good, but its adherents to ambition as a principle tend to be so narcissistic, they can't imagine anyone being motivated by anything else. Still, Hailing continued as he led Zorbab out and on to a shuttle, leaving the Emperor's Vanity and towards the facility that housed Zorbab's tea cups. You're not being punished or demoted, please understand, you're just being mothballed until you can be reassigned. I know a Lord-General who's been bugging me about getting more staff to look into the Cassius Empire's Project Arclight. If he thinks there's something there, might be interesting.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Tournament
    Meanwhile Tarasai, interested in the oni, speaks
    "Hello, I am Shinjin Tarasai. I am curious of what an oni is doing out here alone. Considering I left the spirit World myself to travel and find my own way, It'll be interesting to me to see your reasons for being here is. I would greatly appreciate it if you'd indulge me and hope that I'm not intruding."
    He smiles while he makes this request.

Shanakan considers this turn of events. Well that wasn't going as foreseen. What think now? The RPA really didn't affect him or Luxana personally, but he had resolved to use his fate powers to help guide the world better. So he tried looking into fate, specifically upon the RPA, Android 23, and the legitimacy of both:

Spoiler: Possibilities in Fate
    Show
    -In one path, the legitimacy question never really comes to ahead and Android 23 just hands her Guardianship over to Luxana, but will take issue with the RPA's foreign policy regardless, disliking how they don't accept people to Earth with open arms and not wanting the RPA to turn the solar system into an isolated fortress when she would want the Solar system to be open in way that allowed for aliens help developing the planet better. However it was more likely that the RPA would ignore her based on the grounds that she wouldn't be Guardian anymore and she would take issue with that and try to make them listen to her anyways. Not a good path.

-In another path, she returns and the legitimacy question comes up, Android 23 refuses to let go of the Guardianship until she can get something out of it from the RPA, which might not go over well either given how mysteriously taciturn and believing that Trombone Jr was the legitimate Guardian anyways the RPA is. Probably the promise to let people in with open arms as she does and not impound their ships for what she would consider no reason. It was not known how this would turn out. But doesn't seem to be good either.

-In a third path, she questions the legitimacy of the RPA entirely while claiming her own is completely legitimate, refuses to hand it over, then debates that whatever happened in Universe 7 is of no consequence to Universe 13, why should RPA or Trombone Jr. have any authority at all? Then probably claim that she liked Oxyribo over Yama Kami anyways because Oxyribo had a heart, that she is tired of dealing with "Yama Kami's bull" even through the "tin cans that he left behind.", think that Oxyribo had the right idea in trying to force the answers out of Yama Kami given that her patience and trying to be reasonable with him hasn't yielded much answers or results, then things would spiral downwards from there.

-In another probable path, Starlight and/or Apfel would try to mediate and settle this in an orderly manner with each side stating their case. it is not known how this would play out, given the RPA was more mysterious and unknown than Android 23, so the whole thing would hinge on how much the RPA was willing to compromise on anything, which given their actions so far isn't encouraging, since its not clear if they will compromise on anything.

In all the possibilities, the RPA was the unknown factor. Android 23 was more known to him in a manner, but likely to be unhappy to a degree anyways given not just recent actions but Yama's history as a whole. This Max Banders was also unknown given his newness to the timeline, so its not clear how he would influence the outcome of this potential dispute, but he might have a more of an influence than most simply because he gave thought to the politics of this at all.

In short, the most logical action would be to figure out how to talk this over with the RPA and defuse the situation from their end before Android 23 ever came by, and figure out more about them anyways. But he did not need to do it immediately. Best to wait for Max, give a warmer introduction, explain a few things, clear up some confusion.

Talsaiga
    Lokote gets knocked away then gets knocked further by the ki blasts. He skids upon the water, and stops
    "Annoying bugs. Be swatted! I did not wait for centuries just for freedom to slip from my grasp because of a few mere mortals!"
    He rushes forward and yells
    "Whirling Axe Tornado!"
    Sending a golden tornado of axes at Artic to distract him, while he tries to knock Starlight away with a blast of kiai.
    "I'm greater than you! I'm greater than HAILING! And once I break free from these itty bitty living spaces, the world will be my oyster! I will finally participate in this reality on the stage I was MEANT to be in! Far more than your mere games of mortals and politics! I deserve to stand with demons and gods, spirits wicked and non!"
    Masala comes rushing back, curled up into a ball she tackles like a pin ball repeatedly as she flies around him distracting annoying him. He responds by grabbing her and throwing into the depths of the ocean.
    "JOUSTER BEAM!"
    He fires a beam that takes the form of a jousting lance extending forwards and Android 23 jumps in the way and drains it just in time for him to rush forward and kick Android 23 in the face, her left eye cracking like glass and going dark as she is sent tumbling away and Lokote forms a ki sword to meet whatever blade Apfel forms, and draws upon Blizzan's knowledge of swordfighting to supplement his own as he rushes forward to meet Apfel in close combat.

4 minutes remaining.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

[Above Talsaiga]

As the Arcosian fleet disengages, a second fleet zooms in to take its place...

... and it's really just a bunch of rocks. Specifically, asteroids equipped with the obsolete hyperlight from the ships taken from Hutton Orbital. They also have hypernet nodes broadcasting Pizza Hutton's commercials in enough volume to disrupt other communications.

So, mostly harmless. Or, well, they would've impacted with the Arcosian ships if not for their evasive maneuvers, but now? They're just a decoy, giving an appearance to long-range sensors of a fleet occupying Talsaiga's orbit. The ruse will last untill someone of Blizzan's fleet returns to take a closer look.

Trombone Junior's ship is the first to be informed, giving a green light for take off. "Android 23? The Arcosian fleet. They've fled. We have an open flight route!", they speak through the comm-link.

Their joy is disrupted when someone knocks on their ship's window. Their Commander-General is just outside, waving at them.

"It appears you have gotten yourself in a pinch, My Lord", he speaks through the glass. "I believe I warned you about venturing off to deep space with unknown Gero-Bots?"

Trombone Junior glares at him. "Yeah, and I believe I told you how ridiculous that sounds, coming from you."

"Right you are, My lord", he replies with a smile. Or, at least, from a certain angle it always looks like he's smiling. "Come. Let us get back home before the Arcosians realize they've been served."

---

[Earth; where Max landed]

The juggernaut's head swerves to look at Dr. Hooves. "This is the first time this unit has heard of this. Such a treaty is clearly against long-term interest of Earth. This unit must bring this up to Unit 23 when she returns." The unit stomps to stand before the entry hatch to Max's ship and crosses its arms. "Untill that time, due to conflicting claims, this unit concludes it must stand here and guard this ship, so it won't be used again nor stolen by locals."

Its head tilts slightly to look at Max again. "As for you, you are engaging in time travellers' cardinal sin number three: nonsensical standards of operation. Your ship fell directly to Earth from another universe. It would've been impossible to give you any sort of advance warning, fair or not. That is why this unit requests your co-operation - so that such unfortunate events won't happen again."

"This unit also notes that if you consider our inability to give such advance warning a point against our legitimacy, nearly all kingdoms of Earth at this point of time would be illegitimate from your point of view. Because you would be as ignorant of any announcements to power they have made, as you are to ours. You plainly lack knowledge to argue any matter of authority. Fortunately, the good Doctor there will be able to inform you."
    The juggernaut nods towards Hooves.

A non-exhaustive list of things Max couldn't possibly know which would make his arguments moot:

1) the juggernaut looks exactly like one of the 108 wrathful incarnations of Earth's old God. To the people in the know, it IS a walking, talking, shining, 15' tall badge of authority.

2) the Red Planet Army was built in co-operation with the old God of Earth, and have made themselves known to the new one as well as her current deputy, Luxana, Daughter of the Sun.

3) Dr. Hooves may not like the RPA, but he had at least met its founders and knows, to a degree, what they were about.

4) The RPA is building an asteroid-belt-wide defense and traffic control system. Max just didn't notice because his ship didn't actually arrive from deep space and the system can't yet stop ships like his.

5) Child of Kataz may not be the God of Earth, at the moment, but they are the Emperor of Mars, and in relatively good terms with all of the old God of Earth, the new God of Earth, and Luxana, who could be called a sort of adoptive mother to them.

So on and so forth. The juggernaut isn't bothering with additional appeals of authority because Max would be unable to correctly assess their weight.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2017-03-25 at 03:48 AM.

16. - Top - End - #526

RedWizardGuy

Max held up one finger, "As long as you promise not to mess with or analyze my ship while I am away, and let me in so that I can get changed into more time appropriate clothing, I actually don't have a problem with that. To be clear, my ship didn't just fall out of orbit, it ran it's power cells dry and then some getting here. With insufficient power to continue running the reactor, well, the power is out for the most part. Can't start the reactor back up without filling the power cells first, and it would be rather obvious if all the systems started booting up again, so if you don't mind?" Max had spent a fair chunk of time giving this robot an obnoxious and hard time, and it had stuck to it's guns and not started a fight. That made it reasonably trustable to Max, as long as he could extract the right agreement out of it.

Conditional:
    Max would wait for the automaton's assent, and if given, open the outer hatch of his ship, then the inner, and rummage around inside the ship for a few minutes getting changed away from prying eyes. Part of that would include packing up the scouters, armored suits, and arm blasters that had been in his sleeping quarters into a capsule to keep on his person. He would leave the hyperlight drive though, even if it was technically more advanced than others of this era, it wasn't New technology for the time. He would also make sure the back up batteries on the fridges were working, and take the ice cream out of the freezer. On exiting the ship, he would offer a tub to each of Dr. Whooves and the Automaton, "The batteries on the freezer aren't going to last forever, and it would be a shame for this stuff to go to waste." Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough was the flavor in question.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ettin in the Playground

"This unit will not do a thing to the ship, nor allow anyone else to do a thing to the ship before the claim has been settled."

The juggernaut doesn't move an inch from the spot its rooted itself in. "This unit can detect no power in your ship's drives. It concludes you are not lying." Max might have to contort himself a bit to get past it, but it doesn't do anything else to stop his rummaging.

When Max offers it icecream, it just.. stares. Well, technically, it is always staring. "This unit does not eat icecream", it states, resuming to look straight ahead. "This unit does, however, appreciate the gesture."

18. - Top - End - #528

RedWizardGuy

Max's Ship

Max nodded, "Well, if you don't eat then I suppose I'll bring it along for the person who seems to be waiting for me. Max would then flick his wrist, working a bit of matter creation but trying to pass it off as sleight of hand to give the Automaton a business card. "If you contact me on that frequency, with that encryption, it should work with my phone. As for me, I should be going and seeing who was waiting for a time traveler and had such a patient feel about their aura." Max would move over to Dr. Whooves, offering him a hand, "If you want a ride to come along, The Max Express is heading out."

Whether Whooves took the offer of a ride or not, Max closed his eyes and extended his senses out and down to the Tournament. With a few moments more of focus, he built the relative position of life signs up in his mind, found that oh so patient power once more...then targeted a tree off a bit from the tournament arena itself. "And a three, and a two, and a one, let's go!" Was the only warning he gave before Instant Transmissioning his way over to that tree near the arena, away from the hubub where a suddenly appearing person would have been conspicuous.

Earth, Tournament Grounds

Max appeared, possibly with a pony in tow, at a tree away from the gathering of the tournament itself. From there, he got walking over towards the arena and hoping to blend in with the crowd. You know, despite being 6'4, wearing voluminous black robes and a giant wizard's hat, complete with a fake beard. And, of course, not helping things was that he kept registering as a damn 5 power level. He would, of course, be aiming to make his way to the seating, where that aura had been waiting for him oh so politely.

19. - Top - End - #529

Talsaiga

Not enough time to get away. Artic knew he was being distracted, but any one of those blades can cause him to lose a limb or five, so he had to be careful, dodge, parry, and look for ways to escape the rapid whirlwind of ki-blades.

Lord Apfel locked blades with NotBlizzan, his power restored to maximum, but aware that even with that, he was not only being overwhelmed by Blizzan's new form's raw strength, but that something was off. That wasn't manic bloodlust in his eyes. Blizzan, what have you done?! He asked, concerned. Apfel would ordinarily be concerned with his own safety, but he knew Blizzan was a maniacal berserker whose technique amounted to slash-slash-slash while he was an expert swordsman and martial artist, who specialized his fighting style to take advantage of his talent for precision. In one-on-one, he can, and has defeated many opponents stronger than he is, and this new Blizzan form will be no different. Raw strength is meaningless without the proper technique to guide it.

Once Apfel maneuvered himself into a position where the force of Blizzan's blade could not reach him, he quickly deactivated his World Blade, allowing the momentum of Blizzan's strength to force him to overextend. In a flash, he tried to reactivate his World Blade past Blizzan's guard, and slash up upwards on to his body.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Tournament
    "Hello my new friend."
    Shanakan said while he sat cross-legged. He was a tiger-man wearing a dark blue sleeveless gi with a white belt. If you look closely, you could see stars in his eyes.
    "I am Shanakan. Seer, Martial Artist, Husband To The Daughter Of the Sun Who Is Acting Deputy of Kami Android 23, and Father to Astralys. I'm sure your very confused, Max was it? I apologize for already knowing your name, being able to see the possible fates of the world allows me to know a lot of things I normally wouldn't.

As you may have gathered, your not the first time traveler to come here. Though I assure you, the actual Kami Of this world has a policy of welcoming high ki level people with open arms even before her Guardianship, and from my readings in fate, she'd be just as unhappy as you about the robot compounding your vessel. You unfortunately came at a time when the authority of the Guardian is in....strange waters. Worry not, she will be back on the planet soon if my readings are correct. A couple days at most. Since your a time traveler, I do not see any reason not to tell you that she went on a journey to make sure this timelines Earth Dragon Balls work. You probably already know of their existence, so there isn't really point in hiding them from you.

I must however warn you, you have no idea what mess you've potentially stepped into. From my readings of the possibilities that could result, many of them were not good and involved arguments between the local powers of the wulin. Most people have no idea about ki in this time, so, good luck trying to get any of the normal authorities to help. So once this tournament is over, I would greatly appreciate you help in defusing it before it gets....out of hand. You don't have to but still.

We will be also recruiting fighters after this to form an official Earth Defense Force at Kami 23's behest, so if your interested, just stick around. The Tournament doubles as a way for us to assess them in controlled circumstances, but is not a requirement by any measure. and if you still want proof of authority well....unfortunately I don't I think can provide any, but y'know... good causes."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-03-25 at 01:54 PM.

21. - Top - End - #531

RedWizardGuy

Tournament
    Spoiler: Raz's Post
    Show
    "Hello my new friend."
    Shanakan said while he sat cross-legged. He was a tiger-man wearing a dark blue sleeveless gi with a white belt. If you look closely, you could see stars in his eyes.
    "I am Shanakan. Seer, Martial Artist, Husband To The Daughter Of the Sun Who Is Acting Deputy of Kami Android 23, and Father to Astralys. I'm sure your very confused, Max was it? I apologize for already knowing your name, being able to see the possible fates of the world allows me to know a lot of things I normally wouldn't.

As you may have gathered, your not the first time traveler to come here. Though I assure you, the actual Kami Of this world has a policy of welcoming high ki level people with open arms even before her Guardianship, and from my readings in fate, she'd be just as unhappy as you about the robot compounding your vessel. You unfortunately came at a time when the authority of the Guardian is in....strange waters. Worry not, she will be back on the planet soon if my readings are correct. A couple days at most. Since your a time traveler, I do not see any reason not to tell you that she went on a journey to make sure this timelines Earth Dragon Balls work. You probably already know of their existence, so there isn't really point in hiding them from you.

I must however warn you, you have no idea what mess you've potentially stepped into. From my readings of the possibilities that could result, many of them were not good and involved arguments between the local powers of the wulin. Most people have no idea about ki in this time, so, good luck trying to get any of the normal authorities to help. So once this tournament is over, I would greatly appreciate you help in defusing it before it gets....out of hand. You don't have to but still.

We will be also recruiting fighters after this to form an official Earth Defense Force at Kami 23's behest, so if your interested, just stick around. The Tournament doubles as a way for us to assess them in controlled circumstances, but is not a requirement by any measure. and if you still want proof of authority well....unfortunately I don't I think can provide any, but y'know... good causes."
    It sure helped that Max's face was concealed by a giant hat. The last time he had heard mention of dragonballs, it had been from Roshi mentioning them off hand. Like how he talked about owning the Bansho Fan. What with not having either of these things, Max had chalked their existance up to an old man being senile or possibly posturing for some reason. And it's not like he had corroborated the story of trading a dragonball to a young bulma briefs for a lewd gesture. Not only had the Briefs family not been in control of Capsule Corp by the time he was born, even if they had it would have been an awkward thing to bring up out of nowhere. Still, Max listened to the end of Shanakan's statement before responding, " Well, I figured if I was stuck in this time, I could at least go about having a positive impact on Earth's development. I'm not sure how much help I would be in mediating Wulin disputes, not being a known quantity and all. That said, if you want my help, I'm willing to provide it. Also, here, have some ice cream. My cold storage isn't going to last for as long as I expect to be away from my ship, so sharing the most perishable things seemed like the thing to do."

As he finished his statement, Max held out the tub of ice cream he had brought with himself, as well as sliding spoons and bowls out from his voluminous sleeves with his other hand. There was was certainly enough to share, if any of the others had their curiosity peaked.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

[Tournament audience stand]

Max's outfit may be ridiculous, but he is hardly the freakiest thing around. In addition to people like Masala and Laffey, Max might notice there is a second Juggernaut here, distinquishable by its face/helmet being of a different demon. It's sitting on one of the benches like a humongous gargoyle, the bench visibly straining under its weight. Ordinary onlookers keep their distance to it.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

Tournament

The Black Sultan looked at Tarasai talking to the Oni with a growing curiosity. 'I am very sorry then... if you preffer remain hidden.. I won't dare bother you- for now.' he bowed and walked away from the immortal pair.

Laffey squirmend in the Majin's grasp.
    'H..hey.. leave me alone! We are supposed to fight! Damn it!' would his dignity survive the next 3 minutes until he regain his power?

Talsagia

Vodkana newed enraged as Blizzan gotten her friends hurt. She didn't cared much for her own safety for now- she tried to hop on Blizzan back, and lock his hands, using her weight and power- at least to hold him, even for a few seconds.

Not far from there, the alien Hamster despratly tried to treat the deadly wounds of Cup.

Zorbab

Zorbab walked defeated. He didn't dared to say a word.
    He was finished.
    He failed.
    He is done.
    'Your geneorsity.. know.. no bounds.' he bowed again.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

24. - Top - End - #534

Zorbab

Hey now, turn that frown upside-down! Hailing beamed. We're liberating your tea cups!

As they entered the chamber containing Zorbab's collection of tea cups after an indeterminate amount of fast-forwarded-through travel, Hailing greets Tsarbone's goons with a wave. Hi! I'm your Emperor! What do you two think about that?

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Zorbab

Hey now, turn that frown upside-down! Hailing beamed. We're liberating your tea cups!

As they entered the chamber containing Zorbab's collection of tea cups after an indeterminate amount of fast-forwarded-through travel, Hailing greets Tsarbone's goons with a wave. Hi! I'm your Emperor! What do you two think about that?
    Spoiler: Boring Zarbon's race's lore that no one care about anyway. I am having fun writing it, feel free not to read it.
    Show

The Bellilans of planet Belilly, are reptilian race who adore beauty above anything else. Their morale not trying to answer wether an act is good or evil- their morale speaking abiut Beauty vs uglyness.
    Belilly planet has a legendary beauty- it's oceans are crystal clear, it's seen even from space. Also, there is the biggest Lotus Flower of Galaxy at size of a whole continent, which keep growing steadily with the locals's encourgment.
    It also the source of most of hygene and beauty industory of Belilly.

Also the Belillyans's comitment for beauty led them to artifaclly reshape the continents at forma of butterflies. Whole countries willingly starved to death to make this dream come true. Ballads worshipping those countries are sang to this very day.
    Also, a great walls(China Wall's kind of big) were built without any practical need, but to be seen from space, drawing patterns of the "butterfly"'s wings.
    Also the ruins of Tower Of Zazel could be seen.

On the planet itself, you could see how the beauty was cared on micro level as well- all the buildings were a works of art, a living vines grew around them making the term "urban jungle' sound literal.

The guards at shiny corridor gasped with terror, and fell to their knees. "Y..y..our... prettiness!"
    the vault was made of daimond, reinforced with enough metal to make it hard time for abnormally powerful planet busters to burst in.
    Tsarbone who weren't warned in time of the Emperor's arrival flew finally to meet him.
    "Your highness." he bowed slightly as Sector Governor should. "Due what occasion are you honoring me and my people with your presence?" Tsarbone has asked, hiding well his terror. Objectivly he was powerful- with 30 k PL at his normal state, double that at his "ugly" state. But it was nothinv compare to Hailing and top warriors like Apfel.
    He and Zorbab avoided looking at each other. They didn't wanted lose control infront of the Emperor.
    Zirba's ghost- Zorbab's sister and Tsarbone's wife stood betweeb them.
    She dared to challenge Tsarbone to a beauty contest and won. Tsarbone had to kill her, to protect his throne- a very barbaric and tyranicall way to handle things by Belillian cultural point of view.
    But Tsarbone believed only he, could have understand outsiders which his people had to bow their heads to.

There were also Zorbab. He had to ensure his loyalty and did another outragouse and tyrincall act for a Belillyan King- he took Zorbab's collection as hostage.

Tsarbone were willing to go against everything his people and race believed at, to ensure their safety and status as empirial citizens.

Tsarbone also had few unique definations of beauty, that made him strange among his own people.
    Survival is beatiful. That why it was worth it testroy the Tower Of Zazel.
    Law is beatiful. Compassion is beatiful- that why he felt negleting feelings about Apfel- Incirians were considered physically ugly to Belillyans, but he has seen beauty in Apfel from the inside. Even his refusal to lead a rebellion was noble in his eyes.

But right now he cursed it- he belived that Zorbab finally went and done it- he has convinced the Emperor he would be a better goveror and king than Tsarbone. After all, he worked so closely to Hailing.

But Tsarbone refused to show his panic.

Zorbab smiled victoriouse.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2017-03-26 at 07:24 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #536

Belilly - Diamond Vault

Fulfilling my end of a bargain. Hailing answered Tsarbone simply. So here's the deal: No more guards, no holding tea-cups hostage. That still sounded ridiculous even when he said it out loud. Belillians...

Okay you two. He addressed the guards, raising his hand in a brushing gesture for them to leave. Scram. Go home, you're dismissed. That's an order.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Belilly - Diamond Vault

Fulfilling my end of a bargain. Hailing answered Tsarbone simply. So here's the deal: No more guards, no holding tea-cups hostage. That still sounded ridiculous even when he said it out loud. Belillians...

Okay you two. He addressed the guards, raising his hand in a brushing gesture for them to leave. Scram. Go home, you're dismissed. That's an order.
    Tsarbone fronwed, and dismissed the guards, who gladly flew away.
    "I'll open it for YOU, your highness...' Tsarbone started to dial the code.
    "May I ask for what reason you have found fit to bother with our little local politics?"

Zorbab hissed. "I'ts not your place to question the Emperor!"
    Tsarbone remained calm. Somehow. "I merely wish to understand the Emperor.'

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #538

Belilly - Diamond Vault

Thank you, Sector-Lord. Emperor Hailing nodded in acknowledgment. And to answer your question, me and Zorbab had a deal. He helps me with some thing, the details of which you don't need to know, and I liberate his tea cups. So here we are. He shrugs. And my word is my bond.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Belilly - Diamond Vault

Thank you, Sector-Lord. Emperor Hailing nodded in acknowledgment. And to answer your question, me and Zorbab had a deal. He helps me with some thing, the details of which you don't need to know, and I liberate his tea cups. So here we are. He shrugs. And my word is my bond.
    Tsarbone, just nodded. There wasn't much else he could do.
    Now Zorbab would have nothing to hold him down from rebelling or assinating him. Probably with encourment of Hailing.
    He sighed, and opened the vault.

There were exactly 72 tea cups. They were set on a round stand with 12 levels. Each Cup by itself, was a work of a masterpiece worth millions of galactic credits. But all together.. they were a wonder. They have created a mosaic of a colorful rainbow made of roses.

But still it was ridiculous, how much effort theBelliyans could give into such tasks. Not speaking, that it seems, that the whole local political balance hanged on this collection.

Zorbab sobbed with happiness.
    "My love! My true love!!!'. he ran and kissed personally each and every cup

Tsarbone fisted his hands, groaning.

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #540

Belilly - Diamond Vault

Hailing turned his head to Tsarbone, a mischievous smirk on his face.

Then his tail grew in length, snaking into the vault behind Zorbab, where Hailing tried to impale Zorbab through the chest with it, intent on killing him instantly. To give someone everything they want, then to snuff their lives like candles at the height of their euphoria...it was an exquisite pleasure Hailing rarely got to enjoy.