New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,483 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVII: You Can't Take the Pay From Me

[Liadi's Dream]

The presence is aware that Liadi's looking for it. Different parts of it spread out in the dreamscape, fleeting and hiding, trying to delay detection. Still, it has to concentrate on talking to the Vampir now, so a good part of it has to remain there. That means it has to hurry.

"No. I'm here because I made a pact to track her down. I seem to have found more than some mortal's quarry, though."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The Vampir chuckles, "Oh? So, this mortal did he say why he was after her, or are you operating blindly?" The vampir is interested in this presence, both because it's something besides watching the same old memories trapped here, and who knows, if he can get out that'd be great as well... "I would assume blindly, but there's always the chance I'm wrong."
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

[Liadi's Dream]

The presence seems offended, though it's difficult to tell.

"You are wrong. I made a deal with a mortal who is hunting this one. He will hunt and kill for me, but in exchange I had to find her. It should be easy enough to determine her body's location from here."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default [Liadi's Dream]

The vampir chuckles again, "So, a hunt for you to find her eh? Did he say why, or did you not care?" He's slightly bored, but it's something to do in a day that usually involves nothing. Meanwhile Liadi is getting closer to encountering the presence, although it still has some breathing room, but it better move along quickly if it wishes to remain unknown to her...

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

[Liadi's Dream]

"I don't know, and it's of little concern. I simply need to uphold my end of the deal," the presence says, then suddenly breaks into streaks of grey and black, spreading itself along the dreamscape. It tries to become different fixtures of the imagery, or rather their distorted and unsettling reflections.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default [Liadi's Dream]

Liadi pauses in her search, eyeing the terrain with some unease. Something wasn't right... Her first thought turned to what she had stored away, but that was still there. Was there something else within the dreamscape? "Hello?"

The vampir chuckled, "So deal maker, what kind of deal could I strike with you for your aide in getting me out of here?"

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Titan in the Playground

[Liadi's Dream]

"I would welcome the servitude of one such as you," the King in Rags whispers, his voice weaving itself around the vampire. Liadi might hear it, but it would be very difficult. It's like the rustling of dead leaves around him, carrying the words to his ears. "Or is there something equally valuable you can offer? And do so quickly. There's not much time before she finds me, you see."
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-01-12 at 03:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default [Liadi's Dream]

The vampir smiles, "How about two of her weaknesses? Or I could always..." His hands fill with dark energy, a small remnant of his power, power directly fed off of is victims. "...give you a little of this." He folds his arms, "If you have another offer I'm listening." He's amused, wondering ow long until Liadi manages to find out what's going on.

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

[Liadi's Dream]

"Her weaknesses concern me little. I have pledged only to find her, nothing more," the King in Rags says. "But power... I am in need of it. Pledge to give it to me if I get you out, and I will do so. But I must also know where this mortal's body is."

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The vampir smiles, which the only hint of is the spread of its cold, yellowed, incisors. "Deal, I'll give you a bit of power, in return you get me out." He chuckles as he mentions where her body is. "Oh, a nice mercenary place, although she won't be here long... No she is going to some place they call Trog... but that's all the fragments I've been able to catch." It seems that over time he''s become adept at gaining snatches of thought from her...

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

[Liadi's Dream]

"That should be enough. I swear that I'll get you out when you give me your power," the King in Rags says. There's a finality to his words that goes beyond a mere promise. His body solidifies, gaining substance. Liadi will be able to sense it more easily, but hopefully they'll both be out of her mindscape before that becomes a problem.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The vampir smiles, knowing that power was a bit more easily acquired by him then it was by another, and as such had no problem giving the other a sizable portion. Utilizing the power should be easy enough, but then the Vampir itself wouldn't know, as it had done this only a few times. From it to the other there appeared to be a thin stream of blood, although it was a simple manifestation of some of its power. The vampir slowly stopped the flow, slightly weaker out of the exchange, but if the other decided to keep its end of the deal then it'd be worth it.

Liadi freezes, her eyes flaring with alarm, a sickening thought crossing her mind, and begins to strengthen the shielding containing the Vampir. She hadn't fully caught on to what was happening, however she could feel the Vampir stirring, and such times were never... pleasant.

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Titan in the Playground

Last edited by Morty; 2018-01-24 at 04:24 PM.