New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ghostfoot's Age of Worms (IC) Pt 2

Kurnos looks at the man and looks back to the bustling city. "I confess, I am not a fan of cities like this. Is there a park or gardens we could walk in?"

To his friends he nods he gestures at their bags. "Some shopping is in order I believe "
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

You depart Dagsumn's residence and follow his directions to his friends nearby inn, the Crooked House. One of the larger buildings in the neighbourhood, the Crooked House is just that - a bit off tilt. Its walls are set at odd angles while none of its windows and doors are quite square. Despite this the building looks to be in good repair, freshly painted and clean.

Inside the inn is bustling, full of a diverse bunch of travelling merchants and others enjoying the food and wine and listening to bards who entertain the crowd. Numerous trophies decorate the walls, a disproportionate number being large fearsome owlbear heads. A cheerful wee gnome is directing the serving staff with expert care and efficiency. Seeing you enter he quickly hustles over.

"Welcome, welcome. I am Tarquin Shortstone the Fourteenth and you are welcome at my establishment. Please do come in. Drinks? A meal? Here let me find you a table.... Oh Dagsumn sent you? How kind of him. Well, drinks are on me. Yes we can sleep you here. Of course. Let me just rustle up a room or four..." in a whirlwind of directions Tarquin has you firmly settled with food and drink aplenty as his helpers dash about arranging rooms upstairs and kennels/ stables for the "hounds". You feel that you are going to be quite comfortable here.

You spend the next few days exploring Waterdeep. The many shops offer numerous interesting trades from Bron and the rest of you. Despite Dagsumn declining any assistance The Great Library calls to Keston and he spends many hours among the bards, sages & tomes in the beautiful Font of Knowledge, sacred to the Binder-priests of Oghma and recently constructed by Savant Sandrew the Wise. He also passes time at the Mystran temple the House of Wonder and among the markets of the City mages guild, the dark-purple cloaked Watchful Order of Magists & Protectors.

Kurnos meanwhile seeks out the guides & druids at the walled forest compound the Shrines of Nature and reflects in the Heroes' Garden, a lush statue park of grass, trees and ponds favoured by aged adventurers recounting their tales to the youth of the City.

Kuln finds interest at the House of Inspired Hands. Beyond the glass-steel facade and 40ft tall brass automatic-doors all fitted with perpetually spinning gears and cogs is an enormous pentagonal space that soars through a ribbed vault over 80' above the marble floor. The five semi-domes that form the ceiling are continuously concealed behind illusory images of the glories of the Wonderbringer, from a lateen-rigged sailing ship plying a storm-tossed sea to the time-lapsed construction of a vaulted cathedral to complexity of a wooden-bound printing press. The images shift and change on a pre-arranged mathematical pattern and new images are added every time word comes to the temple of a powerful innovation of benefit to the Realms. Deeper in the temple at the Craftworks the plump, copper-haired Lantanese woman High Seeker Jhoadil Zulthind presides over many teams of armourers, finesmiths, stonecutters and spellcasters busily assembling all manner of stone, metal and clockwork automatons for purchase by the wealthy of the region.

Late one evening you find yourselves back in the taproom of the Crooked House sharing tales of the wonders of the City that you have seen during the day. The mood is festive as the large group of merchants seem to have enjoyed some success in their trade endeavours. After several ales Bron excuses himself briefly to attend to his equipment upstairs. A few moments later he returns and approaches the proprietor Tarquin. As the amicable gnome smiles up at him to take his orders Susebron grabs pulls out a large knife and stabs it deep into his chest. As the stunned gnome falls, wide-eyed, clutching at the handle of the blade still embedded in his chest, Bron turns and dashes through the crowd upstairs. After a moments stunned silence there is a series of screams as the nearby serving girls finally process what has just happened and the patrons look around in horror and anger everyone grabbing for weapons (knives and bottles) or rushing this way and that to escape!

Bron steps back out into the room from the staircase to be greeted with confusion from the assembled crowd and his companions....

Spoiler: Spot checks
    Show
    attacker disguise check (1d20+22)[27]

spot vs DC27 to observe that the attacker didn't quite look exactly like Susebron...he was subtly 'wrong' (and to state the obvious is not Bron at all, although the new entrant is the real deal returned from his quick trip to his room)
    Kuln (1d20+19)[38]
    Keston (1d20+5)[16]
    Kurnos (1d20+8)[10]

=> Party
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2018-06-22 at 04:58 PM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Firbolg in the Playground

Keston was relaxed, enjoying the stories and fun of the traveling merchants. The sudden screams from the serving girls grabbed his attention. As he turned his gaze to the commotion he noticed Bron racing up the stairs. Keston's focus continued to the screams and he saw their gracious host on the ground. With weapons being drawn, instead of blindly running through that Keston stands and casts a quick healing spell effective across the bar, then starts moving towards the gnome.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Close Wounds on Tarquin (1d4+5)[9]

It's natural for Keston to occasionally use his Arcane Sight to get an idea of what's around magically without staring (sensing, not studying). In general is there a lot of magic around? Are many customers showing up as possessing magic? Calling it that his Sight is not active at the start of the incident.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Kuln looks in stunned silence as Bron attacks his fellow gnome. But, only for a moment before the quick of mind gnome jumps to his feet, to slow to catch Susebron but noticing something... wrong in the way he moved and acted. Something he couldn't quite put his finger on as he reaches the foot of the stairs.
    Marching up the stairs with intent, he turns towards the crowd, trying to gauge it.
    "Alright, this is going to sound like something from a feverdream, but ole Tarquin down there was just stabbed in the chest... by you. Or, what appeared to be you. Best to turn yourself in unless this mob turns ugly. If so, we run, eh?" Kuln says quietly with a serious face but dark mirth underneath it all.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Bron was enjoying himself, a rare sight indeed, from the past several years, he was surrounded by friends, and this bustling city seemed to teem with energy, it was all he could do not to join it in it's frantic hustle and bustle of movement, and excitement.

The shops, stores, and just being about people, especially his new friends was, well, wonderful, and he felt the ebb, and worry of utter despair flood away from him. He is enjoying a brew at the taproom of the Crooked House, and remembers he forgot something upstairs, well, he needed to relieve himself as well, so two birds with one stone. Moving upstairs after excusing himself, he felt a moment of satisfaction of where his life had taken him.

Stepping back into the room, he was greeted with a different scene than before, his left hand instinctively rested upon his sword on his hip, as he scanned the crowd; what was going on?

Kuln storms over to him and whispers to him....WHAT?

"But...I didn't...I just came back??" he whispers back, fear flooding his eyes.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2018-06-19 at 11:07 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Kurnos sat quietly, still shimmering with incarnate melds but each muted as he contained the energy within him. Secundus lay nearby chewing on a bone near the fire. Primus was well fed but the people of the city balked at a wolf the size of a horse so he had left Primus in the stable for the time being.

The few days had been overwhelming and the gardens had been a useful outlet where he could get away from the concrete jungle of alleys, manors and houses. Some careful advice had also led him to a charming elf who had further enchanted his breastplate to protect him.

----
    As he sat in the bar he smiled at one of Kuln'sjokes relaxed now with his fellow adventurers in a way he hadn't been for years. It was strange, he thought, he had embraced an inevitable death when Primus and Silvanus had coaxed him from the cave months ago, but now the ache of his family dying was less acute - maybe he could recover. Staring into the nutty brown ale any further thoughts were stopped when Bron stabbed the gnome! Before returning in.

Kurnos rode fast, missing his shield and spears but claws shimmered as Incarnum flowed into them. Secundus bounding across to his side. "Bron, what have you done?"

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Keston's quick actions cause the blood to stop spurting copiously from poor Tarquin's heart and his eyelids flutter open weakly as he rubs the raw scar where a second previously was a mortal wound, cradled in the arms of the worried barmaids.

A group of patrons pushes down the stairs alerted by the shouts to join the confused mob. Among them a young bearded merchant in fine travelling robes shouts and points "He's a murderer! Tried to kill Tarquin! They're all in on it!" everyone's looking around confused but a few of the more courageous patrons grab bottles, knives and stools as they spread out and warily start to gauge each of you pushing the noncombatants back out of the way.

Spoiler: info
    Show
    Antagonizer Diplomacy DC15 (1d20+11)[27] to incite the crowd unless opposed

Cavir - this guy trying to stir everybody up is also flashing "Transmutation" magic to your spidey-senses.

=> Party
    We're in normal combat time, round-by-round, now

8. - Top - End - #308

Keston pauses his approach towards Tarquin, looking at the instigator and calling out to the whole crowd, standing tall. "Wait, good people, WAIT!. This is Waterdeep, not some savage frontier town. The accused is not running so listen for a moment to Wisdom. The Mother of All Magics blesses me not just with the healing I just granted our host but also with the divine skill to see Her gifts." Keston's eyes glow blue. "I can see that the one calling for blood hides his true self. The one who attacked Tarquin used similar magic to disguise themselves. They are trying to make fools of all of us. I will not have Her gifts or our host abused like this. Have the rabble rouser show his true self. By Mystra's Grace I can strip Her gifts from him but we'll give him a chance to show his true self and explain his deceit. He may still have a cohort making good an escape. Sir, show your true self, allow me to finish healing our host if you truly are so concerned for his safety, and explain yourself."

Show
    Not sure how long I can really talk during combat rounds.
    Spellcraft to try to ID the Transmutation. Free Action. DC 20+spell level. (1d20+18)[21]
    If that fails, what is the aura level of the spell? Any other auras on him?

Diplomacy (1d20+11)[20] + AP (1d6)[5]
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Kuln spins to watch the crowds, careful to keep his hands visible and away from his weapons, while his mind ins on having to grab them quickly, as Keston speaks. He focuses and the rabble rouser to see what kind of reaction he has.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Kurnos and Secundus stand by Bron, Incarnum pouring into their purple scaled belts and gleaming claws. Secundus raises his hackles and growls in a terrifying low rykble as both ready to slash at any attackers.

Spoiler: kurnos
    Show

Move 2 essentia to claws and belt
    Ready to slash/bite anyone that attacks

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Bron was about to speak out, but Keston beat him to it. He almost did a double take, he could not believe this group were standing beside him, what had he done to secure their loyalty so? Every other group of people he had ever met, would have fled on the spot, leaving him to defend himself. He felt his hand on his sword and realized old habits die hard, moving it off, and up slowly.

He raised his hands, about chest high, showing everyone, he had no intention of harm.

"He speaks the truth, that was not Me"

Spoiler
    Show

DC 15 to assist
    Diplomacy - (1d20+15)[29]
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Kuln, in a move of solidarity, rises the last few steps and stand next to Bron as he eyes the instigator, ready to give chase if he begins to flee now that he has been outed.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

The patrons, who seemed just moments from launching themselves at you in (probably suicidal) retaliation seem to gain some comfort from Keston and Bron's words of appeasement. "He's a Mystran...they're masters of the magical, but not all evil....Know's what he's talking about....Is it a wizard's duel?...Stay back - don't get involved....Call the Watch!". The patrons steps well back, several dashing to alert the authorities as others stand guard over the less able.

As the ruse to pin the brutal attack on, and turn the patrons against, the party unravels the mysterious rabble-rousing merchant slinks to the back and dashes up the tavern stairs. Ready to go, Kuln is hot on the heels of the miscreant...

14. - Top - End - #314

Keston keeps his attention on the runner. "Come back here. APPROACH me and answer for your actions!"

"Don't kill him. We need him alive."

Show
    Cast Command. Will DC 16 or "the subject moves toward you as quickly and directly as possible for 1 round. The creature may do nothing but move during its turn, and it provokes attacks of opportunity for this movement as normal."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

As he begins to run, Kuln focuses for a moment as the shadows near seem to draw up from the ground and consume him. As he disappears, the shadows appear in front of the runner, as he pulls out a hammer. "Alright, bucko, you can give up now and tell us what's going on or I can give you a walloping and you'll end up doing the same. Decide." he says full of menace.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Bron could sense the tension in the room, he was torn between anger and despair at being singled out and having actual friends that would back him up.

A moment after Kuln appears before the antagonist, Brons shadow wolf coalesces next to him as well, Bron did nothing else, seeing the balance of the room teetering upon the actions of everyone here.

Spoiler
    Show

–2 penalty on its saves and to its AC
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

The man dashes up the stairs, pushing past onlookers and shrugging of the effects of the magical spell cast by Keston. Reaching the hallway at the top of the stairs he pauses as the armed form of Kuln coalesces in the torchlight ahead of him. With the hammer-wielding gnome ahead of him blocking the way forward to the bedrooms and the way back leading to the taproom with the party and the confused patrons. Looking around in desperation he pulls one of the small potion vials from his belt and quickly downs the liquid contents.

With a sly look on his face the man suddenly disappears leaving Kuln alone in the hallway, staring down at Bron and the others at the base of the stairs!

Spoiler: info
    Show
    I'm guessing that was a shadow jaunt from Kuln.

Kuln is at the top of the stairs in the hall/ landing, everyone else is downstairs in the taproom at the base of the stairs.

Spoiler: arcane sight
    Show
    The man's aura is still detectable, even though he is not visible and therefore has total concealment. He is (to state the obvious) presumably invisible....!

=> Party
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2018-07-21 at 04:30 AM.

18. - Top - End - #318

Keston couldn't see the man directly, but he could see the magic radiating from the invisible figure. "He's still right there Kuln. Good people, this spell will not hurt you." The cleric cast a spell to dismiss the magic protecting the villian.

Show

Domain spell Dispel Magic, targeting the pseudo-invisible man. +2 CL from Dispelling Cord

man - moderate transmutation aura (1d20+8)[18]
    studded leather armour - moderate abjuration (1d20+8)[14]
    shortsword - faint evocation (1d20+8)[18]
    potion 1 - faint conjuration (healing) (1d20+8)[22]
    potion 2 - faint illusion (glamer) (1d20+8)[22]
    invisibility (1d20+8)[14]
    Misc1 (1d20+8)[28]
    Misc2 (1d20+8)[16]
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

Keston casts his spell and the man winks back into sight at the top of the stairs, an angry look on his face. There seem to be less patrons about, the smarter ones having regained their senses and beaten a hasty exit from the scene of the wizardry.

=> Party (excl. Keston)

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I think I was more than fair. Here's your lumps." Kuln says with a sad shake of his head as he lashes out with his hammer.
    "Give up and we can still end this with you conscious."

Spoiler
    Show

AC ~20; Current ~ 20/24 if they are giants
    HP ~ 60; Current ~ 60
    AP ~ 8 ; Current ~ 8

Knowledge devotion

(1d20)[20]+13 Religion, +5 Arcana, +6 Dungeoneering, +4 Nature and most of the rest.
    Spoiler
    Show

You then receive an insight bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls against that creature type for the remainder of the combat.

Check Result Bonus Granted
    15 or below +1
    16—25 +2
    26—30 +3
    31—35 +4
    36 or higher +5

Attack with nonleathal, took -4 to hit.
    (1d20+8)[17] + Knowledge Devotion

Damage
    (1d4+1)[3] + Knowledge Devotion damage

Crit 19-20/x2
    (1d20+5)[25]+ Knowledge Devotion
    (1d4+1)[4] + Knowledge Devotion damage

Effects ~
    +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids
    +4 dodge vs giants
    Child of Shadows Stance = If you move at least 10 feet during your turn, you gain concealment against all melee and ranged attacks until the start of your next turn.
    Sapphire Nightmare Blade = 0
    Cloak of Deception = 0
    Shadow Jaunt = X
    Wolf Fang Strike = 0
    Knowledge Devotion check = +x insight bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls.

Last edited by razorback; 2018-07-22 at 11:54 AM.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Kurnos

Kurnos stands at the base of the stairs by the "real" Bron - "Stay back if you know what's safe and wise for you!" he snarls at the crowd as the various incarnum melds flicker and flex in an alarming way. With the man revealed a nod of the head sends Secundus bounding up the stairs to trap the escaping "bron" between the heavy set wolf and the Gnome.

Spoiler: Kurnos
    Show

Secundus

Run up the stairs and bite him
    (1d20+10)[29] Dam (1d6+8)[12] trip (1d20+6)[11] vs (1d20)[1]

Secudnus
    Hps 49/49 Saves +9/8/5 (evasion) +2 vs Evil
    AC 23 (touch 13, FF 20) +3 worm tail = 26 (+2 vs EVil)

Incarnum
    2E Wormtail belt (+2 NA, +1/E)
    0E Sphynx Claws (+E on Str check, Claws +E, 1d8+E)
    0E Lamusu Mantle (+2 saves/deflect vs evil)
    1E Dread Carapace (Power attack Bite -1/+2 per E)
    2E Astral Vambrace (DR 2+2*E/magic)
    0E Strong Heart Vest (DR 1+1*E for ability damage)

Kurnos Effects:
    Longstrider, Primal Hunter, Primal instinct, "Uncanny dodge"

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

Kuln swings with his hammer but the half-hearted blow is turned by the man's leather armour. Secondus bounds up the stairs behind him, bearing down on the man for 12 damage as he turns, knocking the trickster to the ground between the dog and Kuln.

=> Bron

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Bron stands firm, his shadowy companion following the no good doer as he fell to the ground, allowing his friends to better hit him as he was distracted.

He thought it best not to provoke anything at all, considering the circumstances.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

Cursing, the man leaps to his feet. He hacks and stabs at Kuln trying to cut his way past and escape. It's a skillful attack but Kuln manages to duck aside avoiding a solid hit.

Spoiler: rolls & info
    Show
    AoOs from Kuln & Secondus as he stands from prone.

'fake Bron' trickster vs Kuln
    shortsword (1d20+13)[19] damage (1d6+4)[8]

It's a restricted space so only room for Kuln & Secondus to attack in melee. They flank.

=> Party

25. - Top - End - #325

Keston moves to the bottom of the stairs that the trickster is trapped on. He casts a spell that targets the trickster directly. "Fine. Mystra will show you your fate in the afterlife.

Show
    Sacrifice Bless slot and (1d2)[1] STR damage to cast Vision of Punishment (Champions of Valor p59). Str damage occurs when spell duration expires.

CL6= 2 rounds. Will DC 16

Spoiler: Vision of Punishment
    Show
    Divination [Mind-Affecting]
    Level: Sanctified 1,
    Components: V, DF, Sacrifice
    Casting Time: 1 swift action
    Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Target: One evil living creature
    Duration: 1 round/3 levels
    Saving Throw: Will partial
    Spell Resistance: Yes

You give the target a vision of what awaits it in the afterlife.
    Since most evil creatures go to an evil plane where they take the form of a lowly and much-tortured petitioner (barring special arrangements with evil gods or fiends that grant them higher status in the afterlife), this is usually a gut-wrenching vision.
    The target is nauseated; if it makes its saving throw, it is instead sickened (see page 301 of the Dungeon Master's Guide for definitions of these conditions.
    Sacrifice Component: 1d2 points of Strength damage.

Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

"Fool choice!" Kuln calls out as he lashes out.

Spoiler
    Show

AC ~20; Current ~ 20/24 if they are giants
    HP ~ 60; Current ~ 60
    AP ~ 8 ; Current ~ 8

Move Action
    Remove second hammer

Standard Action
    Attack
    (1d20+14)[22] + Knowledge Devotion (not included, rolled 20) +2 for flanking inlcuded

Damage
    (1d4+1)[2] + Knowledge Devotion damage + (2d6)[8] sneak attack

Crit 19-20/x2
    (1d20+14)[27] + Knowledge Devotion
    (1d4+1)[5] + Knowledge Devotion damage

Effects ~
    +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids
    +4 dodge vs giants
    Child of Shadows Stance = If you move at least 10 feet during your turn, you gain concealment against all melee and ranged attacks until the start of your next turn.
    Sapphire Nightmare Blade = 0
    Cloak of Deception = 0
    Shadow Jaunt = X
    Wolf Fang Strike = 0
    Knowledge Devotion check = +x insight bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Kurnos

The druid claws and tails lashing looks to the crowd as he guards Bron and faces the crowd in the main floor of the inn room. He growls, as low and menacing as the wolf as he glance briefly up the stairs to where the hulking wolf tears and drags at the strange person seeking to pull him down and tear him to shreds.

Spoiler: Kurnos
    Show

Secundus AoO: (1d20+14)[15] dam (1d6+8)[9]
    Attack [roll]1d20+10[/roll[ dam (1d6+8)[11] Trip (1d20+6)[12] vs (1d20)[2]

Secudnus
    Hps 49/49 Saves +9/8/5 (evasion) +2 vs Evil
    AC 23 (touch 13, FF 20) +3 worm tail = 26 (+2 vs EVil)

Incarnum
    2E Wormtail belt (+2 NA, +1/E)
    0E Sphynx Claws (+E on Str check, Claws +E, 1d8+E)
    0E Lamusu Mantle (+2 saves/deflect vs evil)
    1E Dread Carapace (Power attack Bite -1/+2 per E)
    2E Astral Vambrace (DR 2+2*E/magic)
    0E Strong Heart Vest (DR 1+1*E for ability damage)

Kurnos Effects:
    Longstrider, Primal Hunter, Primal instinct, "Uncanny dodge"

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

As the man tries to rise, slashing about, Kuln knocks him with his hammer for 10 damage. Keston speaks a word of magic and a look of terror crosses the man's face as the spell takes a slight hold. He stabs again and again at Kuln, desperate to cut his way past. "Gah! Stupid gnome!". Blood seeps from a wound on Kuln's arm as the man lands a solid strike for 6 damage.

Spoiler: rolls & info
    Show
    'fake Bron' trickster vs Kuln
    shortsword (1d20+11)[17] damage (1d6+2)[4]
    shortsword (1d20+6)[26] damage (1d6+2)[6]
    crit? (1d20+6)[11] damage (1d6+2)[8]

=> Party

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Frustrated, and annoyed this has gone long enough, Bron strides forward, all concern for the present location gone, pure anger on his person as he whips out his sword and moves to destroy his doplegangers weapon.

Bron yells out (if sword is broken) "ENOUGH!"

Spoiler
    Show

Moves forward, draw on the move and Sunder attack on his shortsword.

Sunder attempt (+4 from improved sunder, +4 from wielding two handed)
    Sunder Attack - (1d20+20)[33] opposed Attack Rolls (he suffers -4 for using a light weapon)
    Sunder Damage - (1d10+6)[14] Ignoring first 10 hardness (a standard shortsword has 5 hp's)

Dark Companion stays next fake bron, moving to keep up at a max distance of 120ft.

Last edited by BelGareth; 2018-08-23 at 11:11 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

30. - Top - End - #330

Keston moves to follow Bron then sees him trying to break the sword. "The sword and his armor is magic. A shame to waste them." Keston casts another spell. This time magical caltrops appear under the trickter's feet. "Be ready for him to try to run, thought the caltrops will slow him down. Remember, we need him alive!"

Show
    Casting arcane spell of Caltrops (SpC p42). I'm not sure if there is an initial attack upon casting now or only if he continues to fight next round.
    Last edited by Cavir; 2018-08-24 at 01:38 PM.
    Show