My brothers and I used to have a hardcopy of the CP2020 book, but the last time we looked for it in our house the book seemed to have disappeared into the same mysterious void that our socks go to.

Anyway, for anyone familiar with the system I have some questions about the combat system (found an excerpt of the rules online, lined up with what I remembered).

Example: Mr A and Mr B have identical stats and decide to have a boxing match. Mr A wins initiative, declares he will block (-3 to his next action) and then throw a punch at his distinguished foe. Correct me if I'm wrong about anything here.

Mr A rolls (REF + Boxing + Punch Bonus + D10 -3) vs Mr B's (REF + Boxing + D10) or (REF + Dodge + Dodge Bonus + D10). Assume Mr A misses his first punch.

Now it's Mr B's turn. He also declares a block and then a punch. So (REF + Boxing + Punch Bonus + D10 -3) for him.

But? Since Mr A is blocking, he can't use his Dodge skill for the opposed roll, can he? Can he only use Boxing? Does he even make an opposed roll, or does Mr B's punch automatically hit the blocking thing (Mr A's arm, presumably). Does that mean Mr B doesn't even need to roll to hit?? Or does a successful hit land on Mr A's arm and a miss whiffs altogether??? You can tell by the number of question marks how confused I am.