New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Strange Aeons: The Nightmare Miasma [Combined IC]

All around is a wall of sickly yellow fog, tumbling through the alley’s canyon of crumbling, gray brick walls like some jaundiced flash flood. Ahead, the unfamiliar alley splits, curving to the left and right. Behind, from the silent swell of mist, emanates the sound of footsteps—slow, but somehow keeping pace with the careening, hungry wave.

Begin Round One ...

R1T23: Björn ... you know your name is Björn ... but for the life of you, you can't tell much more about yourself or where you just were or what you're doing here. There's over a dozen people looking just as confused as you in your clump, and you don't know who they are, either.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Around you, you see shadows of awful, unnatural figures moving through the mist—gangly hunchbacked giants, lurching tumorheaps, spiders scuttling upon forests of legs, and other nightmares of your design. Horrifying noises, some that echo weirdly, others loud enough to be uncomfortable, accompany the shapes.
    Noting is in hand or prepared. What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-10-13 at 05:36 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Strange Aeons: The Nightmare Miasma [Combined IC]

Well, First and foremost, let's have a look at me and see what I'm wearing and whether I'm armed. Glancing down at myself and around me to find a weapon...
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

3. - Top - End - #3

You take stock of yourself .. you are dressed in some type of off-white tunic and breeches, and you are barefoot. You have no weapons, no equipment, nothing.

You don't see any weapons around, though there are variously-sized rocks on the ground.

R1T21: Bangs, you're up. You'll quickly notice the same about yourself. You get no benefit for having equipment of any kind.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Around you, you see shadows of awful, unnatural figures moving through the mist—gangly hunchbacked giants, lurching tumorheaps, spiders scuttling upon forests of legs, and other nightmares of your design. Horrifying noises, some that echo weirdly, others loud enough to be uncomfortable, accompany the shapes.
    What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-10-14 at 06:39 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Trying to slink back from the shadowy figures towards the others dressed as himself, he finds his voice and asks
    Fearfully his voice barely rising to a whisper, "W-where are we? W-w-what is going on?"

His eyes continually dart between the others, the shadows, and the rest of their surroundings, not lingering long enough to fully absorb any details into his overtaxed mind.

5. - Top - End - #5

R1T23: Björn takes stock of his surroudings.

R1T21: Trying to slink back from the shadowy figures towards the others dressed as himself, a relatively non-descript young man - apart from straight bangs that falls into his eyes - finds his voice and fearfully asks (his voice barely rising to a whisper), "W-where are we? W-w-what is going on?"

His eyes continually dart between the others, the shadows, and the rest of their surroundings, not lingering long enough to fully absorb any details into his overtaxed mind.

R1T20: Brother Jomah, what do you do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, you have no religious accoutrements or even know what an Erasertill is, though you are religious.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-10-14 at 11:48 AM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

As awareness slowly returns to the big man's eyes, he inhales sharply as he tries to comprehend the nightmarish scene around him.
    "What is happening!?" He asks loudly, turning to the nearest person and grasping at them in alarm.
    "Where are we!?"
    "Who am I?!"
    "...Why can't I remember anything?"
    "....What did I do to deserve...?" His voice drops lower like a balloon venting air after each question before petering out altogether. His huge arms hang limply at his sides as he struggles to come to grips with his reality. Desperate, he searches the faces of the people around him for the spark of recognition.

7. - Top - End - #7

R1T20: As awareness slowly returns to the big man's eyes, he inhales sharply as he tries to comprehend the nightmarish scene around him.

"What is happening!?" He asks loudly, turning to the nearest person - a black-skinned man with curious red hair, beard, and moustache - and the big man grasps him by the shoulders and upper arms with his massive hamhooks. "Where are we!?"

"Who am I?!" he shouts again after a look of terror at the rather frail man under his grasp. His grip begins to soften. Loudly, but lacking the power of before he growls, "...Why can't I remember anything?"

"....What did I do to deserve...?" His voice drops lower like a balloon venting air after each question before petering out altogether. His huge arms hang limply at his sides (thankfully releasing what to Jomah is an obvious foreigner) as he struggles to come to grips with his reality. Desperate, he searches the faces of the people around him for the spark of recognition.

R1T18: Eric, same thing, with some people taking a different tack to your nightmare.
    Spoiler
    Show
    What do you do?
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

A voice fills his brain, crying out with desperate enthusiasm: "Awake! Wake up, fool of a madman! Revelation is at hand!" His head is full of cotton, his eyes are refusing to focus as he slowly comes to. As the mist parts and he sees what surrounds him, wingless vultures and crocodiles built of twisted bodies, he shuts his eyes again. He whimpers softly.

A sharp pain catches him on the shoulder, and he hears the voice again: "I said WAKE UP! Dreams are no refuge here!" Whirling, he sees a flash of feathers and, surrounding him, the white-robed figures who hadn't even registered at first. The sense of community soothed his nerves. Until he counted them.

Thirteen.

The nameless man starts whimpering again, but keeps his eyes open.
    Last edited by pfm1995; 2016-10-15 at 02:46 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

R1T18: Eric, you delay ...

R1T17: Zoo, what do you do?

Patient 601 (action stated, not yet performed) on deck, Eric is delaying ...
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Zoo shakes his head to clear it. Hadn't he just been... huh what had he been doing?

Seeing the horrors of the fog he scrabbles away on all fours. He definitely didn't remember those at all.

Turning away from the fog he sees the crowd. Who are these people? He calls out to them:

"Do you see them too? It's not just me right? We need to go, right now."

Spoiler
    Show
    Does Zoo see the animals that follow him?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SwordChucks View Post

"Do you see them too? It's not just me right? We need to go, right now."

"Go? Just where do you think we're going to go? I don't even know you. How do I know you're not one of them trying to trick me?"

He rises to his full 6'5" and flexes to stretch his muscles. You see that he appears to be the epitome of the chiselled-chinned youth of Northern Europe. Beneath the layers of grime and dirt their lies hidden a charming smile with straight white teeth and an incredible physique. However, the smile rarely appears and his haunted eyes dart around, searching the shadows. If you peer closely you can see he has an almost hunted look about him. He moves with great caution, checking every corner and crevice as he moves. His rippling muscles appear to always be in a state of contraction, like a tightly wound spring, ready to move in the blink of an eye.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Eric
    Show
    Eric holds still, trying to pinpoint the locations of the sounds. He doesn't even notice the appearance of a short stabbing sword in his hand.
    Spoiler: perception
    Show
    want to make an active perception check, +10 mod as standard, move to summon bound short sword

13. - Top - End - #13

R1T17: Zoo shakes his head to clear it. Hadn't he just been... huh what had he been doing? Seeing the horrors of the fog he scrabbles away on all fours. He definitely didn't remember those at all. Turning away from the fog he sees the crowd. Who are these people? He calls out to them: "Do you see them too? It's not just me right? We need to go, right now."

R1T16: A voice fills another's brain, crying out with desperate enthusiasm: "Awake! Wake up, fool of a madman! Revelation is at hand!" His head is full of cotton, his eyes are refusing to focus as he slowly comes to. As the mist parts and he sees what surrounds him, wingless vultures and crocodiles built of twisted bodies, he shuts his eyes again. He whimpers softly.

A sharp phantom pain catches him on the shoulder, and he hears the voice again: "I said WAKE UP! Dreams are no refuge here!"Whirling to see what caused this pain, he finds nothing and no one touching him but he does see that surrounding him there are more than a dozen white-robed figures who hadn't even registered at first. The sense of community soothed his nerves. Until he counted them.

Thirteen.

The nameless man starts whimpering again, but keeps his eyes open.

R1T15.5: As the second man whirls around in confusion and fear, another answers the former man's question. "Go? Just where do you think we're going to go? I don't even know you. How do I know you're not one of them trying to trick me?"

He rises to his full 6'5" and flexes to stretch his muscles. You see that he appears to be the epitome of the chiselled-chinned youth of northern peoples. Beneath the layers of grime and dirt there lies hidden a charming smile with straight white teeth and an incredible physique. However, the smile rarely appears and his haunted eyes dart around, searching the shadows. If you peer closely you can see he has an almost hunted look about him. He moves with great caution, checking every corner and crevice as he moves. His rippling muscles appear to always be in a state of contraction, like a tightly wound spring, ready to move in the blink of an eye.

R1T15.3: Another man surprises himself and those around him as a short sword of exceptional quality appears in his hand. Though he just can't seem to pick out anything that is within the mists, he is the first to notice that something is wrong with the northern youth.

R1T15: Tense as he is, there is something about this northern youth - his features and strength - that could lend themselves to a leader. Even then---

The northerner suddenly looks as if he has a spasm - his chest thrusts forth and he bends back slightly, his head tilted upwards, arm thrown wide, and bent knees taught. Something is definitely happening to him as he grimaces in pain and his body begins to shake. Pushing through one of his hands something is seen trying to force its way out from the inside. It happens at his right hip. Then, the entire right side of his face swells and distends and he lets out a scream. As his head swells, the mouth grows wider and wider until you notice that another head is forming, separating. The left arm now has two forearms/wrists/hands coming out of its elbow before the rest of the full arm separates from the elbow and there are now two arms coming from his left shoulder.

You all stand in rapt terror as with more incomprehensible growths form and finally a second form separates itself from the northern youth. Now free of whatever was inside him. The northern youth burbles one word that all hear, but only barely: "Me."

His eyes having rolled upwards in his skull, and despite no apparent wound or marks from the process, the young man seems deflated some how and falls. He doesn't fall like a proper body, but rather simply tumbles upon himself limply as if there is no mass within him and his skin is rumpled cloth.

What stands in his place is terrifying and altogether unlike any of the rest of you.
    Spoiler
    Show

Panic and chaos ...

Spoiler: Brother Jomah, Patient 601, Eric, Flair, Akbar, Zarinda, Aliendrei, Haru
    Show
    You are all panicked, and on your turn you will drop anything in your hands - which only affects Eric - and go bolting directly away from this monster. Since the northern youth (Björn) was randomly rolled as the "middle person" in the group, this means that everyone will be running directly away from it ... meaning in all directions, and into the midst.

Spoiler: Bangs, Zoo, Mack, Knuckles
    Show
    You are shaken. I will make adjustments, don't adjust your rolls. Just because you aren't panicked and running blindly into the midst doesn't mean that soiling yourself is out of the realm of realistic options.

R1T14: A tall man with black hair and green eyes (Flair) is the first to scream in terror and try to run, but he happens to have been standing next to the monster. Before he had a chance to fully turn around the creature reveals something in his hand to have a straight razor and he cuts the tall man deep across the eyes, ruining them and doing 14 ... enough to drop the man, blood and vitreous humors mixing as his vital fluids bleed forth. The blood spray from that cut seems to spell a word on the ground (albeit barely): "save."

R1T13: Mack, you are terrified, but you are not blindly panicked. You happen to be standing adjacent to this unholy terror. What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-10-16 at 09:43 PM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Eric stands and runs in panic, the mysterious sword disappearing as it leaves his hand, never really noticed by its momentary wielder.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Mack slowly backs away from the rather dangerous-looking person, deciding that discretion is the better part of valor. All the while, he's trying to figure out if there's anything familiar about its visage. What is it? Where does it come from, and where is Ourolini? There's probably a book about this somewhere, and these other people are rather silly, if they're just going to stand there and wait to have their faces (or other parts) eaten, but if they want to present themselves as targets while Mack backs away slowly, he's got no issues, though he supposes that it might be considered frightfully amoral to leave these poor people to some sort of awful fate.

Having backed away a couple of paces, Mack says: "Would you like to meet my friends?"
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

16. - Top - End - #16

R1T13: Mack slowly backs away from the rather dangerous-looking person, deciding that discretion is the better part of valor. All the while, he's trying to figure out if there's anything familiar about its visage. What is it? Where does it come from, and where is Ourolini? There's probably a book about this somewhere, and these other people are rather silly, if they're just going to stand there and wait to have their faces (or other parts) eaten, but if they want to present themselves as targets while Mack backs away slowly, he's got no issues, though he supposes that it might be considered frightfully amoral to leave these poor people to some sort of awful fate.

Having backed away a couple of paces, Mack says: "W-would you like to m-meet my friends?"
    Spoiler
    Show

I will assume that is a withdraw action ... more than just a five-foot step, maybe 10' distance?

You don't have a clue what this is, and to be honest your mind is doing more whirling and racing than mentally cataloguing.

R1T12-T9: Four people instantly bolt in various directions, running and screaming in terror into the mist.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Akbar, Zarinda, Aliendrei, & Haru.

R1T8: Knuckles, you are scared but you keep yourself from running into the dangerous yellow cloud. What do you do?
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

Knuckles delays ...

R1T7:
    A fit, vibrant woman with dark blonde hair and freckles runs right to the man whose eyes were cut out. She tries staunching the bleeding somehow, but she is in tears and blubbering and unsure of herself.

End Round One ...

R2T21: Bangs, you are 10' from this terrifying "man." What do you do?

Zoo, you're in the hole. Feel free to post your action.

Brother Jomah and Patient 601 are both panicked and will be running into the mists.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Zoo wails in shock upon seeing the demise of the northerner. As most of the assembled flee, Zoo moves toward the man with the ruined eyes. Grabbing the man by the arms he says to the nearby woman "Hare says to go, we can tend to him later."

Zoo tries to drag the man down the left fork of the alley, his scarred arms tensing at the task.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

The suddenness of events spiraling into chaos is to much for Bangs' conscious mind to handle. Luckily for him, his instinct decides to take over. Bangs' sight is drawn to the man who was slashed in the eyes, Bangs can tell the woman over him has no clue what she is doing. A brief thought flashes through Bangs' mind wondering how he knows what should be done to aid an injured patient, but it is quickly dismissed as he focuses his attention on the man, the exercise helping Bangs ignore the chaos of the moment. The man is unconscious, and bleeding heavily, unfortunately he is too close to the creature to risk treating, and another slash like that will likely make treatment impossible. The creature must be removed.

With rough breathing, Bangs reaches a trembling arm toward the creature, unsure why he is performing the action, only that it feels 'right' toward what he wants to accomplish. Following that feeling, suddenly the nearby loose stone raises off the ground and circle Bangs' arm forming pressure in Bangs' mind like a coiled spring. Bangs lets it build before he releases it sending the stone hurling toward the beast. Following that, Bangs circles around the beast to get closer to the injured man, hoping to do something before he bleeds out.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Standard Action: Earth Blast: (1d20+3)[6]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[6] Bludgeoning Damage

Move Action: Circle the creature so I can be within 5ft. of the blinded man but still 10ft or further from the creature.

20. - Top - End - #20

R2T21: The suddenness of events spiraling into chaos is to much for Bangs' conscious mind to handle. Luckily for him, his instinct decides to take over. Bangs' sight is drawn to the man who was slashed in the eyes, Bangs can tell the woman over him has no clue what she is doing. A brief thought flashes through Bangs' mind wondering how he knows what should be done to aid an injured patient, but it is quickly dismissed as he focuses his attention on the man, the exercise helping Bangs ignore the chaos of the moment. The man is unconscious, and bleeding heavily, unfortunately he is too close to the creature to risk treating, and another slash like that will likely make treatment impossible. The creature must be removed.

With rough breathing, Bangs reaches a trembling arm toward the creature, unsure why he is performing the action, only that it feels 'right' toward what he wants to accomplish. Following that feeling, suddenly the nearby loose stone raises off the ground and circle Bangs' arm forming pressure in Bangs' mind like a coiled spring. All around him on the ground, the loose stones clatter as if some great energy readies itself, gathering. Bangs lets it build before he releases it sending the stone hurling toward the beast, though the stone goes spiraling high and deep into the mist. Following that, Bangs circles around the beast to get closer to the injured man, hoping to do something before he bleeds out.

R2T20: The first man to have done any speaking - the one with a hearty frame - gives a gurgling low growl of terror and runs into the mist. (Brother Jomah)

R2T17: Zoo wails in shock upon seeing the demise of the northerner. As most of the assembled flee, Zoo moves toward the man with the ruined eyes. Grabbing the man by the arms he says to the nearby woman "Hare says to go, we can tend to him later."

Zoo easily drags the man 10' down the left fork of the alley well into the mist, his scarred arms tensing at the task. Though the man weighs more than 200 lbs., if Zoo decided to heft him up and carry him he could move at a rate of 20'.

R2T16: The man who heard voices turns and runs in terror.

R2T15.3: Eric stands and runs in panic, the mysterious sword disappearing as it leaves his hand, never really noticed by its momentary wielder.

R2T15: The supernatural killer now only has the weakling who mentioned something about friends, the seemingly useless woman, and the man with thick bangs. He turns on the woman, the one who first showed mercy in this realm of horror. He steps towards her and makes a long, bloody gash along her left lower intercostals, up across her breasts, up the center of the neck, and then flicking his war razor out from under her chin as she bleeds at a massive rate. Then with a claw he tears off her face and she seems to be killed instantly. Mack, Bangs, from her blood spray you can make out the word on the ground: "up".

He now stands adjacent to Bangs.

R2T13: The weakling concentrates from where he stands and a viper materializes at the killer's feet. It attacks, and though it would normally provoke an AOO, the killer does not bother as the viper misses.

R2T8: Knuckles, you are still delaying, do you do anything?

Bangs on deck, Zoo in the hole ... feel free to state your actions.

For everyone else running (but not Mack of Bjorn), you seem to glimpse visions everytime someone is killed and the bloody words are spelled out (or said).
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Knuckles stands a few feet away from the killer, shaken but not made to flee. She takes a deep breath and clenches her fists, her immediate thoughts torn between fleeing, leaving the others behind, and standing to fight whatever this... thing is. When it kills the other woman and turns towards Bangs, she seems spurred into action, gritting her teeth and letting out a decisive grunt, dashing forwards to try and strike the creature, hopefully stunning it in time for the others to act and either get away or take it down. It certainly looks frightening enough to need more than one opponent

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Attack Roll (1d20+6)[10]
    Damage Roll if successful (1d6+4)[8]
    Attempting a Stunning Fist

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Seeing his attack miss and another person die before him, Bangs can't help the feelings of helplessness and rage that build within him. He doesn't know who he is or what is happening, all the memories he can recall have been of pain and horror, but... he wasn't about to die without getting answers from this insane world he is in. His resolve is further strengthened when a man helps take the injured out of danger, a viper appears attacking the creature, and a women steps up to strike at the creature. Taking this as a chance to fight back against the creature, Bangs starts to move.

Wary of that creature's speed with it's blade, Bangs dives away toward the man and rolls clumsily hopping to move out of it's range unharmed. Drawing a safe enough distance from the creature, Bangs extends his arm again, holding it with his other arm to stabilize his aim as the stones once again respond and are launched towards the creature.

Show
    So... just realized, I can't actually heal anyone until I form a collective. So... torn between taking two turns to heal or seeing if this thing bleeds and choose to try the latter.
    Standard Action:
    Earth Blast: (1d20+3)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[7] Bludgeoning
    Move Action(which I forgot to specify so I am editing it in): Acrobatics (Forgot to roll this with the Post so... DM Halp! +7 mod) to move without provoking to about 10ft. away from the creature.
    Last edited by bcool999; 2016-10-19 at 09:36 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

R2T8: Knuckles stands a few feet away from the killer, shaken but not made to flee. She takes a deep breath and clenches her fists, her immediate thoughts torn between fleeing, leaving the others behind, and standing to fight whatever this... thing is. When it kills the other woman and turns towards Bangs, she seems spurred into action, gritting her teeth and letting out a decisive grunt, dashing forwards to try and strike the creature, hopefully stunning it in time for the others to act and either get away or take it down. It certainly looks frightening enough to need more than one opponent. It's not the best roundhouse and it easily moves slightly to keep from getting hit by the powerful woman.

End Round 2 ...

R3T21:
    Seeing his attack miss and another person die before him, Bangs can't help the feelings of helplessness and rage that build within him. He doesn't know who he is or what is happening, all the memories he can recall have been of pain and horror, but... he wasn't about to die without getting answers from this insane world he is in. His resolve is further strengthened when a man helps take the injured out of danger, a viper appears attacking the creature, and a women steps up to strike at the creature. Taking this as a chance to fight back against the creature, Bangs starts to move.

Wary of that creature's speed with it's blade, Bangs dives away toward the man and rolls brilliantly - hopping erratically to move out of it's range unharmed - and successful in doing so. Drawing a safe enough distance from the creature, Bangs extends his arm again, holding it with his other arm to stabilize his aim as the stones once again respond and are launched towards the creature, but the creature is incredibly agile and dodges.

R3T17: Zoo, you are in the mists, pulling precious cargo. What do you do?

Slasher on deck, Mack and his viper in the hole ... (Mack, feel free to post your action)
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Up, up, up...is the litany inside Mack's mind. I need to get up. I need to climb something. I need to get away from this...thing, and I'd really like my little viper buddy to at least SLOW THAT THING DOWN!!!

Expressionless, or at least thinking he's expressionless while he has an internal debate, Mack looks around for an escape route while withdrawing. If Ouro were here... No time to wrestle with the internal monologue, professor, find a way to make yourself uninteresting. Let someone else draw its attention...
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

25. - Top - End - #25

R3T17: Zoo ... feel free to take your action, but you are otherwise no longer visible to the evil as you are in the mists, but you had only gotten 20' and you still feel his presence. You are dragging the blinded man. What do you do?

R3T15: The terrifying man runs his razor deep across and around the strong brawler's abdomen to disembowel her, her viscera dangling to the ground as she falls to her knees. Though he has time to close on Bangs, the creature whose eyes are bandaged over looks directly at Bangs and instead goes to exact greater damage to the doomed woman. She manages to just look over to Bangs and whisper - her eyes glassy as if channeling something else - and gurgle "Wake." With that, the creature tears her throat out with his clawed hand. (Knuckles, that was you.) Again, everyone senses and even in their mind's eye sees this.

R3T13: Up, up, up...is the litany inside Mack's mind. I need to get up. I need to climb something. I need to get away from this...thing, and I'd really like my little viper buddy to at least SLOW THAT THING DOWN!!!

Expressionless, or at least thinking he's expressionless while he has an internal debate, Mack looks around for an escape route while withdrawing. If Ouro were here... No time to wrestle with the internal monologue, professor, find a way to make yourself uninteresting. Let someone else draw its attention.

And with that, the man heads off into the mist.

Following fast behind him is a viper that suddenly grew many times its length. In the unseen depths of the mist, the man's cry is heard "ME!"
    Spoiler: Mack
    Show
    Mack, that was you, killed by your own now-amped-out-of-control-undismissable viper.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T21: Bangs, Just you facing off against this thing, everyone else has left (one even getting killed by his own construct in the process). What do you do?

Zoo? What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-10-20 at 05:09 PM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

"I know he said go! What kind of creature would I be if I left them to die? Bear is for it and they're the closest thing I have to a pack wolf. It's settled." Zoo mutters to something unseen.

Zoo sets the injured man down at the edge of the fog before being consumed with a dark green light. Emerging from the light is an enourmous monstrosity shaped like a hoofed dog with a long neck and mottled fur, patches of it missing revealing sinuous exposed muscle.

It leaves to join the fight, monster to monster.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using a move action and a spell point to shapeshift with animalistic transformation with the lunge feature from bestial reflexes and size change to large size.
    (+2 natural armor, -1 to AC from size, +2 str, -2 dex, -1 attack from size, 40ft move speed, 1d6 bite attack, and scent. Lunge lets me take a full attack action to get +4 to one natural weapon attack and doubles my normal reach for the attack.

Then moving to a spot 10ft from the blindfolded creature.

27. - Top - End - #27

Meanwhile ...

"I know he said go! What kind of creature would I be if I left them to die? Bear is for it and they're the closest thing I have to a pack wolf. It's settled." Zoo mutters to something unseen.

Zoo sets the injured man down at the edge of the fog before being consumed with a dark green light. Emerging from the light is an enourmous monstrosity shaped like a hoofed dog with a long neck and mottled fur, patches of it missing revealing sinuous exposed muscle.

It leaves to join the fight, monster to monster, and comes in to stand 10' from the thing just as he sees a woman get killed and another man go running off with a fast-morphing, size-changing viper after him ... his voice heard in the darkness as he is killed by the snake.

Bangs, what do you do?

Zoo, go ahead and state your action for this round as well, though Bangs goes before you.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

The dog creature's neck extends like a serpent striking it's prey, its large maw barreling toward the blindfolded monster. Patches of fur and skin fall from its throat with the sudden movement.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attack action to make a large size bite attack with lunge for the +4 to hit.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Another monster? Bangs thought as the monstrous dog exits the fog nearby and attacks the thing, Maybe these two will distract each other enough for me to help the injured man?

Following that thought, Bangs moves away from the thing into the mist looking for the injured man. Assuming he finds him, he examines his condition and tries to see if he is still alive murmuring words of comfort automatically as he does so. Doing this, Bangs feels a bond of sorts form with the man, not fully understanding what it is or means, he nonetheless takes it to be a good thing.

Show
    Move Action into the mists adjacent to the injured man (assuming that I can fand him)
    Standard Action: Try to add the man into my collective. Considering he should be unconscious, he should automatically be willing.

30. - Top - End - #30

R4T21: Another monster? Bangs thought as the monstrous dog exits the fog nearby and attacks the thing, Maybe these two will distract each other enough for me to help the injured man?

Following that thought, Bangs moves away from the thing into the mist looking for the injured man. He finds him, he examines his condition, and tries to see if he is still alive murmuring words of comfort automatically as he does so. Unfortunately, it seems as if the man expired from his wounds, likely shock.
    Spoiler: Bangs
    Show
    By "examining his condition..." this clued me in that you attempted a Heal check to actually do what you fluffed doing.

R4T17: The dog creature's neck extends like a serpent striking it's prey, its large maw barreling toward the blindfolded monster. Patches of fur and skin fall from its throat with the sudden movement. The large size and the fear Zoo is feeling, coupled with the monster's inhuman agility, is enough to miss.

R4T15: The killer steps forward and cuts the canine creature's forward underchest deep to stun it, and then takes off its snout with his hand. The dog-creature bloodily shifts back to the now ruined brown-skinned man he used to be. All in their alternate consciousness make out a word in blood on the ground from where this brief, and doomed, savior had been standing: "save." (Bye, Zoo.)

Bangs senses movement, and realizes that in his own terror and addled mind he rushed too quickly a pronouncement of death and bends over his patient. The man opens his eyes - terrifying blood sockets that they are - and Bangs' feels an awful pain as the man punched him in the right lung with an incalculably powerful blow. He only takes 7, but Bangs' right lung is collapsed and he is staggered. He stumbles back, barely keeping his feet, and the blinded patient stands on his feet, a look of elation and cruely covering his face - enough to be recognized by Bangs despite any ability to express from the eyes.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T21: Bangs, no doubt a little confused, the damage itself was not good but the effect of the blow was more severe. You are staggered with a collapsed right lung and now standing in front of a bloody eye socket killer with superhumanly strong fists. And you got the sense of the death from the dog-man. What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-10-21 at 03:19 AM.
    Show