New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: League Of Legends LXVII: "MY PICK'EMS!"

Quote Originally Posted by thracian View Post
    Censer/Stoneborn Trundle works.
    I think it was from last week, but Deficio talked about censer trundle being one of the strongest teamfight supports recently for a solid 5 minutes.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    How hard is it to get keys? Like, is it a "maybe one a month" deal? Or more common?
    I feel about 75% sure that it's actually the old system, except it's papered over with delayed gains to make you think it's different in literally any way, and that low honor players are excluded.
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2017-08-15 at 02:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1203

I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

As someone who owns and played a bit of Taliyah, go Xayah
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

5. - Top - End - #1205

6. - Top - End - #1206

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    Possibly a way to have the honor banner carry over to your next real game instead of consuming it in the custom game? Duplicate the honor received in your last game (and probably delete an equal amount behind the scenes)

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Banned

Hey there guys, havent been playing for a while (like a year) and getting back into the game, there are many items I dont recognize or seem changed.

Any build orders for Lux / Cait with the new thingies? :D

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

Caityn:

Infinity Edge -> Statikk Shiv -> Rapidfire Cannon is a standard build for many Marksmen, the so called 'Energizer' build that has strong synergies with both itself and the Warlord's Bloodlust keystone in the mastery tree. You can break up the first two items into BF Sword -> Zeal -> Infinity Edge -> Shiv if you want early attack speed. Get Berserker's Greaves whenever you feel you can, and finish off with one of the Last Whisper upgrades and a defensive item (either Guardian Angel or a lifesteal item).

Lux:

Morellonomicon -> Sorc Shoes -> Luden's Echo -> Void Staff -> Rabadon's Deathcap + (Situational: Banshee's Veil, Zhonya's Hourglass or Mejai's Soulstealer) is my personal preferred close-to-meta build.

There's an alternate build by PoE floating around that replaces the Morello + Luden's combo with Archangel's Staff and Nashor's Tooth, which is slower scaling but gives you a better lategame against multiple tank teams when you can fill your downtime between spell rotations by hitting the closest tank with auto-attacks.

Take the Thunderlord's Decree keystone mastery most of the time.

Edit: If you want, I can give a more detailed rundown of Marksman itemization, since it's very modular and breaks up into nice categories better than itemization for other classes does at the moment.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-08-20 at 02:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

9. - Top - End - #1209

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Possibly a way to have the honor banner carry over to your next real game instead of consuming it in the custom game? Duplicate the honor received in your last game (and probably delete an equal amount behind the scenes)
    I hadn't been honored in the previous 3 games though.

Spoiler: CLG vs EnvyUS
    Show
    That game 4 teamcomp from Envy probably straight threw the series. Got an early lead, but then the fact they had no backline to go with their four tanks was ridiculous. Kog'Maw or Twitch would've been better.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Just picked up Ornn, and played a bot game with him in the jungle to get a feel of it. It's hard to get into the "you can purchase anywhere" mindset, and moreso to remember that, just because you bought something, you aren't healed up immediately.

Also, he's really slow. I didn't notice that from the videos I'd watched. I may have to run him with Movement speed quints just to get him to feel like a regular champion... and this is coming from someone who typically plays not particularly quick champions. It'll take a bit to be able to time his Ult Redirect... it's fairly easy to whiff.

I'm thinking his lack of reliable CC will be the biggest hamper to his adoption, and he'll likely be consigned to the jungle - He seemed very mana-hungry at first blush.

11. - Top - End - #1211

Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    Also, he's really slow. I didn't notice that from the videos I'd watched. I may have to run him with Movement speed quints just to get him to feel like a regular champion... and this is coming from someone who typically plays not particularly quick champions.
    He's not particularly slow, just not particularly fast. His base move speed is the same as Maokai, Talon or Rek'Sai for example. I can see him feeling a little slower than those champs because he doesn't have the same level of gap closing as they do, but his base speed is identical.

12. - Top - End - #1212

Has it been confirmed that teams can only bring one sub to Worlds?

I remember around MSI, a rioter said that they hadn't had time to update the rules, but for worlds teams could bring multiple subs. Now people (including LCK casters) are talking as though only one sub is allowed, though, and I can't find anything from Riot on the subject though.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Has it been confirmed that teams can only bring one sub to Worlds?

I remember around MSI, a rioter said that they hadn't had time to update the rules, but for worlds teams could bring multiple subs. Now people (including LCK casters) are talking as though only one sub is allowed, though, and I can't find anything from Riot on the subject though.
    I was under the impression you could bring multiple subs but could only change 1 person per game. Haven't seen any definitive rules for Worlds yet, though.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Troll in the Playground

I got the chance to go to Riot Games last Tuesday on the tour. The Riot campus is gorgeous, on par with any Silicon Valley major developer like Google.

Highlights:
    1) There's a bar made in the style of Bilgewater with a ridiculous number of colored bottles on the wall. It serves coffee. (https://youtu.be/LdUk9UAONUk?t=81)
    2) The front sign says "Riot Games". The back of the sign says "RITO"
    3) Conference rooms are all named after champions. There's a room named for "Helmet Bro" right next to the NOC.
    4) The Courtyard between the buildings has Lanes like Summoner's Rift. The buildings are currently named QWER (with a couple more I don't remember)
    5) Got to see backstage of the LCS stage. The analyst desk room is tiny.

A couple things I wish were a bit better:
    1) Didn't really meet anyone we'd know. I think Tuesday is the LCS crew's day off, so no casters.
    2) I wish we had more insight into how the game is made. One highlight was meeting one of the sound designers and him showing a quick demo of how he does his work. More of that for the Champion Design or Skin design would have been great.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    1) Didn't really meet anyone we'd know. I think Tuesday is the LCS crew's day off, so no casters.
    Wahh. You should've reached out to me at least!
    If you're still in LA I will take you out for sushi and see how many other Rioters I can round up.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thracian View Post
    He's not particularly slow, just not particularly fast. His base move speed is the same as Maokai, Talon or Rek'Sai for example. I can see him feeling a little slower than those champs because he doesn't have the same level of gap closing as they do, but his base speed is identical.
    He just feels slower for some reason... even with Boots 1, just feels like he's taking his time.

On a related note, didn't Rek'Sai have a speed boost when she was burrowed at some point? I'm sure if she did, it was taken out when she was wrecking face pre-rework.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

He just feels slower for some reason... even with Boots 1, just feels like he's taking his time.
    I think it's because he's relatively large. Like, he's covering ground the same as other champions, but you're seeing the stride of the model go slowly so it looks and feels more ponderous.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I think it's because he's relatively large. Like, he's covering ground the same as other champions, but you're seeing the stride of the model go slowly so it looks and feels more ponderous.
    Yeah he's like Cho'Gath that way, where it SEEMS like he's moving slower but hes covering ground at the same speed.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinboom View Post
    Wahh. You should've reached out to me at least!
    If you're still in LA I will take you out for sushi and see how many other Rioters I can round up.
    Sorry Reina! I didn't want to impose and I was on a tight timeframe (driving from Irvine, only had the morning before I had to rejoin the wife and kids. No kids allowed on tour ).

Maybe next time I'm in LA, I'll take you up on your kind offer.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Sorry Reina! I didn't want to impose and I was on a tight timeframe (driving from Irvine, only had the morning before I had to rejoin the wife and kids. No kids allowed on tour ).

Maybe next time I'm in LA, I'll take you up on your kind offer.
    Thats funny because I live East of LA and I drive to Irvine when I want to reminisce of my Okinawa days and get CoCo Curry :P

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

21. - Top - End - #1221

BlueKnightGuy

On a related note, didn't Rek'Sai have a speed boost when she was burrowed at some point? I'm sure if she did, it was taken out when she was wrecking face pre-rework.
    According to the wiki as well as my imperfect recollection, this is still part of her kit.
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Titan in the Playground

So another Riot pls about the upcoming changes:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2i6RDmbNc

And I have to hand it to you and your guys, Reinboom. None of the rewards particularly interest me, but as a whole it seems you are definitely taking steps to make the transition as upfront and fair as you can. Good work.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I was under the impression you could bring multiple subs but could only change 1 person per game. Haven't seen any definitive rules for Worlds yet, though.
    The way that the casters were talking about it on The Dive, it seems to be one sub again per team (talking about if SKT would bring 2 tops or 2 junglers).

I think last year, there was a 1 sub, 1 emergency sub rule.

24. - Top - End - #1224

Managed to get Grey Warwick out of my second honor capsule. Cool.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ettin in the Playground

OK what the HELL.

Game 2 of LPL, WE vs IG, WE just locked in Ezrael jungle.

RIP solo que for the next week.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

It's for early cheese.

He has a ridiculously fast level 3 clear, and his level 3 dueling is pretty top tier as well. His ganking is worse than his invade, but he can still apply red buff at 1000 range and really good chasing, which is not too bad. Pick for lane priority in mid and at least one side lane, invade the jungle, and hope you get a kill or other large advantage, otherwise you've just shot yourself in both feet because he drops off a cliff after minute 5-6 when your buffs wear off.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-09-03 at 10:47 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    It's for early cheese.

He has a ridiculously fast level 3 clear, and his level 3 dueling is pretty top tier as well. His ganking is worse than his invade, but he can still apply red buff at 1000 range and really good chasing, which is not too bad. Pick for lane priority in mid and at least one side lane, invade the jungle, and hope you get a kill or other large advantage, otherwise you've just shot yourself in both feet because he drops off a cliff after minute 5-6 when your buffs wear off.
    In theory those sorts of comps can also get really strong super late, where you wind up with a second really powerful lategame carry. The problem there, though, is that people don't seem to choose good comps for if their cheese doesn't work out. Like having no tanks at all, or picking an ADC jungle and then an AD midlaner so that the other team just builds all armor and wins the game after 25 minutes if your cheese fails.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

In theory, yes, but the bigger problem with Ezreal Jungle in general is that he can't clear the jungle if he's not ahead. He can hit level 3 stupidly fast off of buff + buff + gromp, but what's he gonna do to clear chickens? krugs?

You need to get FB and grab some longswords or suffer, basically.

Nevermind the fact Ezreal isn't sitting in the best of positions in the first place at the moment.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-09-05 at 03:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    In theory, yes, but the bigger problem with Ezreal Jungle in general is that he can't clear the jungle if he's not ahead. He can hit level 3 stupidly fast off of buff + buff + gromp, but what's he gonna do to clear chickens? krugs?

You need to get FB and grab some longswords or suffer, basically.

Nevermind the fact Ezreal isn't sitting in the best of positions in the first place at the moment.
    Obviously you just get Runeglai...oh.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Obviously you just get Runeglai...oh.
    Actually grabbing Runic Echos for the regen/aoe isn't that terrible of an idea. Maybe following a build path similar to some Shacos - building an ad item first for damage, leaving Skirmisher's or Stalkers unenchanted, then later turning it into an echos?