New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: League Of Legends LXVII: "MY PICK'EMS!"

I get it being better against bruisers in general, it just doesn't feel "insane" to me I guess. It seems like it is good against a smaller selection of heroes, one subset of which, "draintanks" already have a host of issues. Just seems like an odd choice by rito.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    Garen buffs why? He's never going to be a complicated champion unless he gets another rework.
    I don't see how him not being complicated is at all related to him getting buffs.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    I get it being better against bruisers in general, it just doesn't feel "insane" to me I guess. It seems like it is good against a smaller selection of heroes, one subset of which, "draintanks" already have a host of issues. Just seems like an odd choice by rito.
    When I think of a draintank, I think of Swain... Which could be impacted by bramblevest (provided He's Autoattacking while still Crowing around), but I doubt will ever be built against that pick.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

My hype for new!Diana top may be slightly muted by the fact that it's apparently time to play Running Simulator 2017.

Also Kayn is really fun. The reddit consensus seems to be that he's trash, which I'm just fine with, since I happen to disagree, and it means I get to play him more reliably once the hype dies down.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-07-13 at 03:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    My hype for new!Diana top may be slightly muted by the fact that it's apparently time to play Running Simulator 2017.

Also Kayn is really fun. The reddit consensus seems to be that he's trash, which I'm just fine with, since I happen to disagree, and it means I get to play him more reliably once the hype dies down.
    I faced a top Kayn for the first time last night. Absolutely disassembled the Rumble player top, and the only reason he could be shut down is because I played Malz and could just shut him down long enough. Still ended up losing though.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

Picking Rammus into the Kayle/Yi cheese and bodying the pair of them when they came for me at 6 is hella satisfying and one of the better games I've had in a while.

(shout out to rito balance team for bramble vest i couldn't have done it without you)
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-07-14 at 03:48 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1117

Spoiler: CLG vs FLY
    Show
    Omargod made his LCS debut in game 2.

Darshan also got a fully stacked Mejai's on top Galio in game 2.

I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I think Orianna might be better mid than jungle." -Thrantar
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    With a roar of effort, I make everyone agree with EternalMelon.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Titan in the Playground

Kinda sad to see Froggen benched. It was close to my main reason for watching the NA LCS.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by EternalMelon View Post
    Can confirm. In know, I couldn't believe it either.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EternalMelon View Post
    Is Thrantar okay? Does he need some help?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

12. - Top - End - #1122

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Is Thrantar okay? Does he need some help?
    BRB trying Orianna jungle (not really tho)

To be fair, if someone really wanted me to play Orianna jungle I would.

Any thoughts on Kayn? He seems okay--I like the concept behind his forms, though it feels like his ideal playstyle changes pretty drastically if you go Rhaast. I've only played one game on him, though: my biggest complaint was that his ranges felt a bit short, given you have to tag someone before you can ult them. Not sure my build path was very good, either (Warrior -> Cleaver -> attempted Death's Dance but our team started losing so I didn't finish it).
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

Obligatory Statistical Analysis:

He's not doing great in winrate at the moment, and the general perception seems to range in between him being either quite weak or absolutely garbage. People are definitely preferring the Slayer form over the Shadow Assassin form. He probably won't get buffed next patch, since I think Riot is committed to being cautious about this release given how game warping certain parts his kit are, but unless something drastically changes, it's reasonable to expect that he'll need buffs in the next few patches, most likely to his Shadow Assassin form.

Spoiler: Don't look in here
    Show

Personally though, I've been playing him at any chance I get (probably more so than anyone in the thread that I know of) and I like him a whole bunch. A whole bunch. Generally speaking, I find him very similar in playstyle to Evelynn (my current main jungler), in terms of his early game objectives, play patterns, and a lot of his strengths and weaknesses. The main difference is that he trades in Evelynn's very sharp main identity of "i died instantly from stealth wtf 0 counterplay gg rito" for more versatility later on, especially if you transition into a bruiser playstyle, since he gets access to better itemization and better tools as Rhaast than Evelynn does. He's less selfish and snowball reliant than Evelynn has to be to succeed, but still snowballs pretty well given the chance. Like Evelynn and also Zac, he rewards smart pathing to make the best use of his tool set, and his unique mobility tools are really good at breaking the normal expectations of how the map works (where to place wards, what parts of the map are 'safe' and 'unsafe') to punish players for making choices that would have been 'correct' in 95% of games that don't involve a champion that can just ****ing walk through walls, sneak over all your wards, or slingshot himself across an entire lane.

75% of the time or so you'll probably want to go with the Slayer form over the Shadow Assassin form, which I think is fine. It's just the nature of the game that bruisers function better than Assassins when not snowballing, and I think the Shadow Assassin has plenty of tools the Slayer doesn't have to really pop off and accelerate a lead if you are popping off. I could see some buffs in SA's future, but I think it's only a real problem if in cases where you would ordinarily pick Shadow Assassin, Slayer is still better, and I don't think that's true.

General stuff:

His clear is of average speed, but is pretty healthy if you do it properly. Kite the camps and focus on clearing with your ability cooldowns. He's great at AoE camps like chickens, but a little slow on the buffs or gromp. His scuttle take is mediocre as well since he can't knock away its resists unless he's Rhaast.

His low early damage means he'll get beat up on by pretty much any jungler 1v1. Dodge invades and avoid direct conflict as best you can. Your chances are much better in 2v2 or 3v3 skirmishes, however - your Q and E let you kite effectively and support your bash buddy from range with W. Play as a skirmisher, kite kite kite, and don't get too greedy.

His gank appears weak on paper, since he has relatively low damage, short range, and soft CC. The main tool that lets you gank is your E, which gives you bonkers gank pathing, again very similar to Evelynn. If you just try and brute force a gank like a Lee Sin or Elise can, you'll probably fail. Kayn's ganks are reliant on good pathing to be successful. If I see another Kayn gank midlane by just walking in from the side bushes, I'm gonna tilt off the face of the earth. Use the long river walls or the enemy-side raptor wall to make your entrance for a more successful gank. Gank from the alcove near gromp to attack red-side's bot or blue-side's top. He can also lane gank by stepping into the map edge and traveling along it for a quicker entrance.

Seriously, E is actually just ****ing nuts as a jungle spell. Use it freely as you can to find ways to traverse the jungle faster, dodge vision, skirmish, and invent ridiculous OP gank paths. His early game jungle success relies almost entirely on how good you are at abusing this ability. All dragons are also belong to Kayn, too.

Once level 6, you can tower dive very well using your R. Start off by tanking the turret for your laner, bait abilities, then use R to drop aggro. Try to predict escapes and R them to follow. Predict other important abilities that could turn a gank (Cassio R, Darius trying to heal with his Q...) and R to dodge them. Don't overestimate the damage your R gives you - it's bad early game. Really bad. Most of the power of this ability at the moment comes from its utility, not from damage.

Form specific:

Shadow Assassin Kayn can be a really oppressive force on the map when played well (or handled poorly). Much like Evelynn, he can punish warding supports or solo soaking carries really well by using his shadowstepping to come from a 'safe' direction and kill them, even if they have average vision control. Remember that your W can be used while in motion while in this form, and has extended range, meaning you can even use it from inside the wall just before you emerge, speeding up your burst and lowering the amount of time the enemy has to react. In teamfights, Shadow Assassin Kayn is rather vulnerable. Look for flanks (again, use your wallwalking to dodge vision when you can) and kite around the edge of fights. Again, your W has bonus range and very high damage output (the AD ratio is increased in this form) meaning you can harass and poke enemies from a respectable distance while on the run. Burst low targets and use your ult to catch people, reset your passive, or dodge CC + damage as necessary.

Rhaast is a pretty versatile and disruptive bruiser. His sustain and mobility can make him very difficult to kill as long as he's not solo-diving the enemy team. He's not as good as Kled or Jarvan IV at just going full HAM and diving straight for their backline (unless you're unreasonably fed), but he's pretty effective at darting in and out of the fray to land repeated knockups and sustain damage, sort of like a tankier, more disruption-focused Riven. R to catch a fleeing target, or munch on a tank for a great heal. Your R actually does very appreciable damage to tanks in this form, but your R damage against squishies is still low. Like all versions of Kayn, abusing your E is a great path to success, especially with the addition of hard CC to your kit, meaning it's highly worth your time to try and find a flank through a wall (especially in sieges, where many of the thicker walls near towers are considered 'safe territory') to land a knock-up directly on their backline.

Builds:

Warrior -> Cleaver -> Tank or Cinderhulk -> Cleaver -> Bruiser/Tank seems appropriate for Rhaast. He's definitely very ability focused compared to auto-attack focused - I don't recommend building for attack speed or Titanic Hydra.

For the Shadow Assassin, Warrior -> AD all the way. Lethality is a very good stat on him and he makes good use of both Ghostblade and Duskblade depending on whether you want the mobility or the burst upon exiting a wall (I'm not sure if using his ult refreshes Duskblade's proc - I'll have to test that). Cleaver, Guardian Angel, Death's Dance, and Maw are all worthy choices as well. Again, I don't recommend attack speed, since you ideally want to be focusing all your damage into your first rotation in order to make the most of his passive.

tl;dr dog champ no one should bother banning or playing him
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-07-16 at 05:44 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Obligatory Statistical Analysis:

He's not doing great in winrate at the moment, and the general perception seems to range in between him being either quite weak or absolutely garbage. People are definitely preferring the Slayer form over the Shadow Assassin form. He probably won't get buffed next patch, since I think Riot is committed to being cautious about this release given how game warping certain parts his kit are, but unless something drastically changes, it's reasonable to expect that he'll need buffs in the next few patches, most likely to his Shadow Assassin form.

Snip
    tl;dr dog champ no one should bother banning or playing him
    Well, the stats from the first week of play aren't very useful... still very much in flux of the best way to do things.

I do like the association with Evelyn and Zac, though... probably more like Eve, as the little orb that hugs the wall gives away his location, similar to the "!" above your head when Eve is nearby. And also, in the sense that reliable CC is the bane of Eve & Kayn's existence.

Zac is more into the zone of Nocturne and the reworked Warwick, where the initiation is less telegraphed, and out of nowhere

15. - Top - End - #1125

The last few games I've played of solo queue, it feels like I've outwarded the support.

As a midlane Orianna.

Every time I'd look at the map, it would be my wards plus maybe one or two allied wards. On very rare occasion.

THE SUPPORTS EVEN BUILT SIGHTSTONE ITEMS AND WEREN'T WARDING

THEY WOULD DIE WITH FULL SIGHTSTONE CHARGES
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2017-07-17 at 07:50 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1126

BlueKnightGuy

I led my team in vision score the other day...as ADC Miss Fortune.

But yeah, people need to place more wards.
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

17. - Top - End - #1127

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    The last few games I've played of solo queue, it feels like I've outwarded the support.

As a midlane Orianna.

Every time I'd look at the map, it would be my wards plus maybe one or two allied wards. On very rare occasion.

THE SUPPORTS EVEN BUILT SIGHTSTONE ITEMS AND WEREN'T WARDING

THEY WOULD DIE WITH FULL SIGHTSTONE CHARGES
    I'll admit, my warding scores on support are pretty much always terrible. I typically end up with Sightstone as a third or fourth item...

EDIT: Although I pretty much always buy the most pink wards in a game, regardless of position.
    Last edited by thracian; 2017-07-18 at 06:47 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

New Champion Roadmap!

tl;dr summary:
    • Next champion is going to be a Vanguard from the Freljord. They may have some sort of warhorn mechanic in one of their abilities (based off teaser image).
    • Evelynn VGU after the New Champ. Still permastealth, probably killed Vayne's parents. Has a tail(?) and horns according to Vayne's updated lore, so she's probably just a straight up succubus now? I'd be so damn happy if that's the case. She still has heels though, which I presume are still not easy to move (like her) in.
    • Xin Zhao mini-rework fairly soon-ish. He's going to have a new W.
    • Azir still being worked on. He's either going to have to ditch the range and keep the Shurima Shuffle, or ditch the Shuffle and keep the range. I'm betting on the latter, since it seems more in line with his 'thematic' as the emperor of birds who lets all his soldiers do the heavy lifting, even if the Shurima Shuffle ended up being an Iconic Play.
    • Swain confirmed for next major VGU after Evelynn. Gameplay goals are to make him actually the 'Master Tactician' worthy of being Grand General of Noxus, rather than "caw caw caw I run and eat you now". Probably still gonna turn into a bird at some point, though?
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-07-19 at 03:20 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ashen lilies View Post
    new champion roadmap!

tl;dr summary:
    • next champion is going to be a vanguard from the freljord. They may have some sort of warhorn mechanic in one of their abilities (based off teaser image).
    • evelynn vgu after the new champ. Still permastealth, probably killed vayne's parents. Has a tail(?) and horns according to vayne's updated lore, so she's probably just a straight up succubus now? I'd be so damn happy if that's the case. She still has heels though, which i presume are still not easy to move (like her) in.
    • xin zhao mini-rework fairly soon-ish. He's going to have a new w.
    • azir still being worked on. He's either going to have to ditch the range and keep the shurima shuffle, or ditch the shuffle and keep the range. I'm betting on the latter, since it seems more in line with his 'thematic' as the emperor of birds who lets all his soldiers do the heavy lifting, even if the shurima shuffle ended up being an iconic play.
    • swain confirmed for next major vgu after evelynn. Gameplay goals are to make him actually the 'master tactician' worthy of being grand general of noxus, rather than "caw caw caw i run and eat you now". Probably still gonna turn into a bird at some point, though?
    NOT MY SWAIN.

rito y u do dis.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2017-07-19 at 06:49 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[*] Azir still being worked on. He's either going to have to ditch the range and keep the Shurima Shuffle, or ditch the Shuffle and keep the range. I'm betting on the latter, since it seems more in line with his 'thematic' as the emperor of birds who lets all his soldiers do the heavy lifting, even if the Shurima Shuffle ended up being an Iconic Play.[*] Swain confirmed for next major VGU after Evelynn. Gameplay goals are to make him actually the 'Master Tactician' worthy of being Grand General of Noxus, rather than "caw caw caw I run and eat you now". Probably still gonna turn into a bird at some point, though?[/LIST]

Radical idea that will never happen - They Remove both champions from the game

They introduce a new champion, Swazirn, a Noxian Tactician who has been possessed with an ancient shuriman artifact, leading to a Kayn-style transformation passive. This guy is going to turn into a bird. It could be towards a mythical bird-sorcerer, or a Ancient Bird Emperor that summons soldiers, but Swazirn is going to be a bird.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    Radical idea that will never happen - They Remove both champions from the game

They introduce a new champion, Swazirn, a Noxian Tactician who has been possessed with an ancient shuriman artifact, leading to a Kayn-style transformation passive. This guy is going to turn into a bird. It could be towards a mythical bird-sorcerer, or a Ancient Bird Emperor that summons soldiers, but Swazirn is going to be a bird.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    - snip -
    Spoiler: ...
    Show
    Last edited by Vogie; 2017-07-21 at 04:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1133

Forum etiquette: Please put images in spoilers. They are large.

EDIT: And when quoting them, please snip out the image from the quote. No need to increase bandwidth requirements on the page.
    Last edited by thracian; 2017-07-21 at 02:46 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thracian View Post
    Forum etiquette: Please put images in spoilers. They are large.

EDIT: And when quoting them, please snip out the image from the quote. No need to increase bandwidth requirements on the page.
    Having the same image from the same source twice on the same page doesn't increase the bandwidth requirements; it's only served once and the forum simply displays the same image in two places. But the quote tags do make the whole thing wider still, so yes.

Anyway, I've been away from League for a few months; too busy. I expect my schedule to clear up after Gen Con, though, so I'll get back in and see if I can keep up my record of lucking into Silver right at the wire.
    Last edited by Renegade Paladin; 2017-07-21 at 05:14 PM.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

25. - Top - End - #1135

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Having the same image from the same source twice on the same page doesn't increase the bandwidth requirements; it's only served once and the forum simply displays the same image in two places. But the quote tags do make the whole thing wider still, so yes.

Anyway, I've been away from League for a few months; too busy. I expect my schedule to clear up after Gen Con, though, so I'll get back in and see if I can keep up my record of lucking into Silver right at the wire.
    If it's quoted over a page break it increases bandwidth requirements, and not everyone will always have the same number of posts per page.

26. - Top - End - #1136

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

Why does the Urgot champ update say (Top Laner) in parenthesis? I get that he is a top laner, but they've never done this before, so I don't know why they're sharing it now. Is this gonna be a new thing?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ogre in the Playground

Dammit Rito, stop trying to sell me Kayle skins before you give her a real auto-attack animation.

I mean, I'll probably buy it anyway, but for real, she needs the Jax treatment pretty badly. She always feels so awful to use.

As for Urgot, I expect the reason is because he generally saw a lot of play in bot lane (his original home) and mid lane (in pro play especially) in his pre-rework state. If he's not terribly functional in these roles anymore, they'll be hoping to alleviate player frustration a bit by giving an indication of where they expect him to succeed most based on their design intent and playtesting.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-07-25 at 02:58 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1139

CLG sent Dardoch to Liquid.

Discuss.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

The game of hot potato continues? I guess clg is now the loser of the trade with immortals. He reminds me of a former NFL player who was too good to pass up, but too much drama to keep. Chad 'Ochocinco' Johnson?