New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: League Of Legends LXVII: "MY PICK'EMS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Spoiler: SSG vs SKT
    Show
    SKT was in control almost the entire game, and even though they made a couple of major misplays that let SSG come back, they had just taken too much at that point.

Normal games definitely favor SKT. SSG needs to change the dynamic of the game if they want to have a chance of winning this.

All right SSG definitely trying to alter the game by bringing out the Kindred, but they just had a series of bad fights just not respecting the Ryze mobility, and that put them way too far behind. But SSG showed they had at least one trick up their sleeves - wonder if they have another one in the tank.

Wow it looked like SKT was just going to steamroll that at the start. Crown was just flailing around on Aurelion Sol, Ruler was tilted as hell and just getting manhandled.

But they were able to stall that out for just so long and take FOUR dragons. SKT took 2 Elders and SSG basically ignored them because they had no power behind them.

THEN THAT AMBITION STEAL LOL

SSG needs to not pick the Sol again though. Crown just did not look comfortable on him.

That is a game that just happened. Crown is back on Viktor and in fine form, CuVee just laying WASTE with that Kennan. Despite Ambition's best efforts to throw the game, they pulled it out.

But damn CuVee carried that so hard.

So SKT finally realized they're supposed to actually win this.

This was a great series though, it may have been the closest best of 5 I saw.
    Dude please. Information like how many games it goes to in your spoiler text is STILL A SPOILER.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

I laughed that even in using spoiler tags, he still manages to spoil the series for people.

Spoiler: Finals
    Show
    Good series overall. SKT looked to steamroll SSG like they do every team. The 30 min baron fight in G3 seemed to just throw SKT off their game. They played awkwardly for the rest of G3 and mot of G4. Pretty disappointing that they got so tiled from a bad fight/game. Game 5 felt close until it wasn't.

Also in terms of close BO5, I think the closest I know is SKT vs CJ LCK 2015 Spring Semifinals.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Was that the longest BO5? Plenty of those games reached close to an hour. Has a BO5 series ever taken that total amount of time before? It was way more impressive that I was worried it would be.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't post much anymore, but I thought some of you might appreciate some photographs for scale. Reina probably has photos from a better angle though?

*Warning - Large!

Show

Spoiler: Finals (Panorama)
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    I laughed that even in using spoiler tags, he still manages to spoil the series for people.
    Pretty much, yeah. I was really looking forward to getting a chance to watch it later, too, but now...*shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    Dude please. Information like how many games it goes to in your spoiler text is STILL A SPOILER.
    Not necessarily.

Spoiler: Defense but also Worlds spoiler
    Show
    As someone who watched SKT T1 go up 2-0 and gain a lead in Game 3, I just assumed they'd won Game 3 and the 4 and 5 were there to prevent potential spoilers (and thus would have no content when I opened them).
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    Not necessarily.

Spoiler: Defense but also Worlds spoiler
    Show
    As someone who watched SKT T1 go up 2-0 and gain a lead in Game 3, I just assumed they'd won Game 3 and the 4 and 5 were there to prevent potential spoilers (and thus would have no content when I opened them).
    That seems like FAR too much trouble and effort. MUCH easier to simply put a single spoiler around everything spoiler-related. Like...it's actually EASIEST to do that. One spoiler. All content. Boom. Done.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

While we are on the subject of the spoiler tags, I typically try to leave out which teams are playing in the tag itself and instead just mark it as finals or semi finals day 2, what have you. Would everyone prefer that, just to help out those who might be behind in watching a tournament and not know which teams won their groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    I don't post much anymore, but I thought some of you might appreciate some photographs for scale. Reina probably has photos from a better angle though?

*Warning - Large!

Show

Spoiler: Finals (Panorama)
    Show

Since you were there, honest question, do you feel the set up was good? I've talked to a few others that were there and most said they were frustrated by the the way the booth cam things were set up and that the center piece seemed pretty blah after the first 10 minutes or so.
    Last edited by mrcarter11; 2016-10-30 at 03:12 PM.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

9. - Top - End - #129

While we are on the subject of the spoiler tags, I typically try to leave out which teams are playing in the tag itself and instead just mark it as finals or semi finals day 2, what have you. Would everyone prefer that, just to help out those who might be behind in watching a tournament and not know which teams won their groups?
    Absolutely, yes. As few details as possible is good, in my opinion. Speaking as someone who only occasionally has the time/inclination to watch competitive, and so is often a few days behind.

You want to put separate, team-specific spoilers in there? Great. But hide the whole thing behind a big generic Spoiler, please.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2016-10-30 at 03:35 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Absolutely, yes. As few details as possible is good, in my opinion. Speaking as someone who only occasionally has the time/inclination to watch competitive, and so is often a few days behind.

You want to put separate, team-specific spoilers in there? Great. But hide the whole thing behind a big generic Spoiler, please.
    Last time I did that somebody whined about the fact that I didn't mark individual games inside the spoiler. Which was the exact reason I put 5 game tags in there, somebody asked that I do it because that's what Riot does, and I thought it was reasonable. Games they didn't play would have been empty.

Bitch at the people announcing without spoilers that they all had information.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-10-30 at 04:00 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

11. - Top - End - #131

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Bitch at the people announcing without spoilers that they all had information.
    ...I wasn't bitching at anyone? Just responding to a question with my preferred method. Legitimately puzzled here.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2016-10-30 at 05:51 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

12. - Top - End - #132

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    ...I wasn't bitching at anyone? Just responding to a question with my preferred method. Legitimately puzzled here.
    But with repeated caps to indicate the depth of how foolish you think the employment of the chosen method was.
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Since you were there, honest question, do you feel the set up was good? I've talked to a few others that were there and most said they were frustrated by the the way the booth cam things were set up and that the center piece seemed pretty blah after the first 10 minutes or so.
    I've only been to one other "gaming" sporting event (The International), so I'm not sure what to expect. As far as I can tell, everything was good. I didn't get to see the floor display though, given where I was seated behind SKT in the first few rows. The only major problem I noticed was how long it took to get people inside. There was a pretty long line to get into the stadium ten minutes before the show started.

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    But with repeated caps to indicate the depth of how foolish you think the employment of the chosen method was.
    Foolish, no. Puzzling because I hadn't seen the earlier post about just always putting five games up no matter the situation? Yes. Thats all. It just seemed like a ridiculous amount of extra work. *Shrug*

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

15. - Top - End - #135
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

I need to yell at my friend more. He got me watching during the Group Stage, and the urge to reinstall League of Legends had overpowered my good sense. Played a practice game the day after it installed and was kinda surprised by how much things had changed since I had last played.

Once I get some days off work this week, I will be cracking down for the Finals though. They seemed like good times.

16. - Top - End - #136

Hey guys.

Last edited by Renegade Paladin; 2016-10-31 at 09:15 PM.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Hey guys.

Good work!

Now you can get to gold next season.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #138

Kobold

Wait, Jarvan IV is Silver V?

Why not... you know... IV?
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

So I just got utterly destroyed playing Diana in the jungle.

And thinking about it, I don't really know how to play Diana anymore. Like she feels like an Assassin, but she has no escapes, so she goes in and just sort of dies. And her burst isn't all that great. Her passive makes me think she'd do well as a sort of Fighter, but she so squishy that you have to go full tanky or else she just dies. And as a Mage, well she's melee so she can't play it safe like TF or Ahri can.

So how do you play her? Where do you play her? I can't really think of a match up that's actually in her favor, so when do you play her as well. I really do like her Fluff, kit, and design, but it doesn't do any good if I just lose all my games with her.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    So I just got utterly destroyed playing Diana in the jungle.

And thinking about it, I don't really know how to play Diana anymore. Like she feels like an Assassin, but she has no escapes, so she goes in and just sort of dies. And her burst isn't all that great. Her passive makes me think she'd do well as a sort of Fighter, but she so squishy that you have to go full tanky or else she just dies. And as a Mage, well she's melee so she can't play it safe like TF or Ahri can.

So how do you play her? Where do you play her? I can't really think of a match up that's actually in her favor, so when do you play her as well. I really do like her Fluff, kit, and design, but it doesn't do any good if I just lose all my games with her.
    She's typically a mid who counters Aurelion Sol, but you can jungle her. You want runic echoes enchant and usually red smite, so you can charge a target, reduce their damage to you and put the true damage burn on them. She's not a strong duelist pre-6. You want to do an efficient jungle clear to level 6, ganking only for obvious opportunities (you have no gap close before 6, so you have to be able to just walk behind them). Once you hit 6, you can gank aggressively or try to countergank or chase down the other juggler in his jungle. Diana also gets super scary late game from any position, and can easily dive the opposing ADC if she can catch them.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

She's typically a mid who counters Aurelion Sol, but you can jungle her. You want runic echoes enchant and usually red smite, so you can charge a target, reduce their damage to you and put the true damage burn on them. She's not a strong duelist pre-6. You want to do an efficient jungle clear to level 6, ganking only for obvious opportunities (you have no gap close before 6, so you have to be able to just walk behind them). Once you hit 6, you can gank aggressively or try to countergank or chase down the other juggler in his jungle. Diana also gets super scary late game from any position, and can easily dive the opposing ADC if she can catch them.

TL,DR: She's AP Kha'Zix

Although, on a related note, I'm really excited about the new Kha'Zix. That R evolution is really scary.
    Last edited by Vogie; 2016-11-01 at 08:13 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    TL,DR: She's AP Kha'Zix
    While sort of cute, that's not actually a good tldr for Diana. Kha gets his jump at level 3 and has enough built in damage to do some really scary early ganks if he's got a laner that can set him up, while Diana plays her 1-5 more like Amumu or Master Yi, if anything. Diana very often wants Zhonya's second, as well and she's got a shield that scales with her AP, so she's actually able to play a more tanky initiator role where she can sometimes jump onto a squishy target for burst, then Zhonya, and her team joins the fight, whereas Kha should almost never initiate a fight, as he'll just instantly die if he jumps in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    Although, on a related note, I'm really excited about the new Kha'Zix. That R evolution is really scary.
    The auto stealth in bushes one? I think it's pretty cool, especially with the new duskblade. I'm partial to the Q though. Reduced Q cooldown gives you so much jungle control: super easy dragon and baron takes in particular, and insanely fast counterjungling.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

While sort of cute, that's not actually a good tldr for Diana. Kha gets his jump at level 3 and has enough built in damage to do some really scary early ganks if he's got a laner that can set him up, while Diana plays her 1-5 more like Amumu or Master Yi, if anything. Diana very often wants Zhonya's second, as well and she's got a shield that scales with her AP, so she's actually able to play a more tanky initiator role where she can sometimes jump onto a squishy target for burst, then Zhonya, and her team joins the fight, whereas Kha should almost never initiate a fight, as he'll just instantly die if he jumps in.
    You're absolutely right. I really should've said Warwick... at the moment. I'm fairly certain he's up for a rework soon

The auto stealth in bushes one? I think it's pretty cool, especially with the new duskblade. I'm partial to the Q though. Reduced Q cooldown gives you so much jungle control: super easy dragon and baron takes in particular, and insanely fast counterjungling.
    Exactly. They did well making those evolutions meaningful choices. The new Q evol works great with the Poacher's Dirk, which builds into ... everything he wants.

I'm kinda sad that they moved all the CC from W into the Evolution though.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Quick question. I was thinking about Illaoi's Test of Spirit, and how it redirect's damage based on a percent. But it's possible to 'overkill' the spirit with the last hit, transferring more damage than otherwise. With my usual bruiser build, the percentage ends up being around 65% or so. So, which burst champs have the biggest single spell burst to overkill the spirit to deal the remaining 35% after transfer? If my math is right, it'd take a spell that normally does around 54%.

The idea is that you have your team around you, and you grab someone and your team beats the spirit down to sliver of HP, then your burst caster last-hits it with their biggest attack, turning Test of Spirit into a one-shot if your team can execute before the target gets out of range.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

I have no idea what you're talking about or what any of those numbers mean, but in terms of single target burst it's kind of hard to go wrong with Veigar's ultimate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Good work!

Now you can get to gold next season.
    That would require me to actually work at it.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about or what any of those numbers mean, but in terms of single target burst it's kind of hard to go wrong with Veigar's ultimate.
    He wants someone to hit the Illaoi tentacle spirit so hard that it kills the actual champion with the damage transfer. And yes, Veigar is the way to go for 1 button doing precisely one tick of damage that is a very high number.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

28. - Top - End - #148

You don't even need to blow Veigar's ult cooldown. The yoinked spirit isn't going to dodge, so it's super easy to hit with Dark Matter.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    You don't even need to blow Veigar's ult cooldown. The yoinked spirit isn't going to dodge, so it's super easy to hit with Dark Matter.
    Yeah, but that doesn't hit as hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

In other news, Doublelift has announced he is taking a break from League, at least for LCS Spring 2017, but will be playing 'massive amounts of solo que'.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/league-...etiring-566241

This sounds like he's working himself up to quitting completely. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only person that's come back to LCS play after taking a season or more break was Meteos.

Wonder who TSM is going to get to replace him. Maybe try and get Turtle back?
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-11-01 at 11:21 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.