New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: [3.5] The Destruction of Empires - Chaos

He approaches the shapeshifter, and speaks quietly to zir, "Those who know me notice that much of my identity is tied up in my gear. Every piece of clothing and equipment and accessory on my person, I made myself and it bears my craftsman's mark and several ideosyncracies specific to the way I work. You can't get that detail with a Hat of Disguise. And further, my torc with the intricate runes, the obviously magical item? It doesn't actually come off, even if i wanted to take it off, and I've never seen someone make a convincing fake of it, not even with the help of illusion magic like Disguise Self."

Spoiler: ooc oddities about this
    Show
    The torc has a LOT of weird rules applied to it, with several forms of crafting that require skill tricks, not just skill checks, to make, and is made of an extremely obscure material. And the runes are specific to a way of makijg magic items that is not generally common at all, or well known. Someone might need more than a mere disguise check to make equipment that resembles this. It also required a specific series of spells and actions to put on, and Disguise Self might not be able to do that sort of weird equipment (which is more analogous to a graft or piercing or something than 'equipment') easily. Someone with a good mix of craft sculpting or craft woodworking or profession artist and knowledege arcana and spellcraft might be able do a convincing fake. Though as with all illusion magic, gm intervention is often needed for this sort of thing. I'm not sure that take 10 + 10 disguise self + 10 alter self = 30 disguise should automatically get it.
    Last edited by Gavinfoxx; 2016-11-01 at 10:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lux

Shrugging and taking a swig from her tankard, she winks. "Can't do clothes or other gear. That's why we'd have to kill 'em. Or at least kidnap him, if you'd want me to pass muster. But I could do a guard, or a butler even easier. No one ever bothers looking closely at the help."

Her black dress flitting back to her previous traveling clothes, a quick shake of the head and Arielle's face is gone, replaced once more by the human male. "Shiftweave. Then again, I'm sure some of you are familiar with those." A knowing smile on his lips, he nods toward the two-headed elf.

"I think we should stop thinking up reasons not to take the job and actually plan it out. If we have a look about, case the joint, and agree there is no reasonable chance at success...we don't do it. But turning down a job before you even look at it properly, with a 20,000gp payday? You'd have to be mad." Draining his tankard, he looks around the table. "So who's up for at least having a proper look at this place and this mark? All we have is their say-so at the moment, and a lot of wheedling about details, when the smart thing is to get the answers ourselves, instead of taking their word as holy writ, yeah?"
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Various checks
    Show

Sense Motive against Neik: (1d20+12)[32]
    Spot against Lux disguised in Valen: (1d20+13)[14]
    Spot against Lux disguised in herself, +10 circumstance bonus: (1d20+23)[28]
    Spot against Valen's hinting at something: (1d20+13)[20]

Arielle processes what just happened. Yet another half-truth from Neik. Well...and everyone seems to be mellowing about his proposal, even the Azurin. The Elf and the Gnomess are relaxed enough to engage in humming something...True, Lux's abilities are very impressive, and that makes the robbery one step closer to being realistic.

"Well, Lux, this is some shapechanging ability you have there. Save for the collar, I would have completely fallen for you Azurin imitation, and I only barely saw the difference between you imitating me and myself. This makes your plan to impersonate the target or one of his guards actually sound workable."

But Arielle does not forget Neik's false promises about what comes after the operation.
    "I will still require a day to thoroughly examinate the offer, however, just as the Azurin does."

And another thought springs to her mind at that very moment. This young man is idealistic yet does not sacrifice his common sense to his ideals. He aims at overthrowing the powerful, and does not fear to associate with dubious individuals to help him, or he would not have arrived here to look for help. And he is skillful at creating unique and powerful magic items. The guild may be interested in such a person. At any rate, I would.

"Azurin, I might want to have a word with you later."
    Last edited by remetagross; 2016-11-01 at 11:59 PM.
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

4. - Top - End - #94

Kobold

He nods, getting up and stretching. "Of course, I'll be on my way out after I finish talking with this lovely young lady here."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Kaer's smile broadens at the increasingly clear sentiments of her company. A dancer at heart, she can't keep herself from swaying gently to the song Thenacus sings. In a low, mellow voice she half-sings, half-chants the next lines: "There is a life about to start/When tomorrow comes." Her demeanor is soft, quiet, intensely focused. Her singing isn't bad, but it's clear she's never been trained. After a moment she adds, "Tymora's grace that we all met here. I only hope we come to a better and later end than our music implies." Her smile turns crooked, but loses none of its good humor.

To Lux she says, "No murdering the mark, please, it draws attention. Impersonating a servant seems like the best option, under the circumstances, but he or she should be left alive, either unconscious or an ally. I can help with that part, or I can try." She inclines her head in respect for the shapeshifter's skill, little more than a quick nod. "Very good imitation. You have a keen eye on top of magic. Enough to make a girl jealous, if I were the jealous type." Her playful tone marks that last as entirely humor, but the compliment is genuine. Finally she says, "Your reasoning is sound. We should case out this residence. I'll need some supplies back at my place, but I keep appointments. At least, when they're interesting ones." As she addresses Lux, her clothes shimmer and shift, reforming into a plain blouse and skirt with a leather vest. Her feet remain bare. It's her silent announcement that she also has a shiftweave and is willing to use it.

Then she turns back to the Azurin. Her smile seems ever wider and more excited. "That I do," she says. "You say you want community? I'm only the stage girl, but I do hear a few things." Her verbs in the last sentence are marked with a special irony particle, a distinctive feature of playful gnome linguistics, working with her similarly ironic tone to indicate that her information may have been acquired less innocuously than she claims.

Spoiler: Image
    Show
    Last edited by DontEvenAsk; 2016-11-03 at 05:00 PM.
    DontEvenAsk, no apostrophe. I play D&D 3.X/PF, and some 5e. Life has a tendency to spring surprise problems on me, leading to temporary ghosting that I usually can't predict. If I vanish, I'm probably not dropping out if your game, just swamped.

My campaign setting. Please look, don't touch for now.

6. - Top - End - #96

Kobold

He responds in kind, still in Gnomish, "Oh? And what sorts of things would you have heard, perhaps? Stories of where I can genuinely find some organized groups? The odd nobleman that wants to bring down the system from the inside, maybe?"

7. - Top - End - #97

Thenacus

"I too speak a myriad of tongues," Thenacus says passive-aggressively in draconic.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

8. - Top - End - #98

Lux

Grinning at Thenacus, Lux prattles at him in the same tongue.

Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    "Oh? Useful language, yes? Used by Spellcasters, Dragons, Kobolds, and many others. Pretty handy, really."

Grinning ruefully, he glances at Valen and Kaer. "Have to admit, I never learned that language. I'm limited to my general height and weight, so picking up the tongues of the more petite and stout races wasn't as pragmatic as learning Draconic, Celestial, Abyssal, Undercommon, and Elven."
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2016-11-04 at 01:40 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

No point in showing I understand Draconic. Though about the languages he speaks...

Arielle takes a genuinely interested tone:
    "Really, Celestial and Infernal ? Those are seldom apart by summoners of all kinds, or planar travelers. Are you any of them, Lux?"
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

10. - Top - End - #100

WhiteWizardGirl

Kaer doesn't understand Thenacus's words, but she recognizes his tone. She laughs lightly, to dissolve tension - though it is a real laugh; she finds the elf's apparently quick attachment to their conversation amusing, though not in any disapproving way.

"Oh, don't fret. I'm a talkative young lady, that's all. Everyone says so. We can talk more later; let it not be thought that I find you unagreeable." She speaks in Elvish, more to prove a point than to hide her meaning from non-speakers.

To Valen she continues in Gnomish: "I have some friends who might tell you some things. They're not the nicest to strangers, but that's no matter if you know how to approach them. What do you know of finder's chalk?" 'Might tell' also has the irony marker, though Kaer's tone has now dropped to seriousness. These friends, from these grammatical hints, seem just as likely to be the organized group she speaks of as they are to merely know of one.
    Last edited by DontEvenAsk; 2016-11-04 at 05:23 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101

Lux

"Abyssal, not Infernal. The language of Demons, not that of Devils. That's a bit like mistaking Gnomish for Dwarvish, simply because their typical speakers are both short. And the reason for knowing Abyssal and Celestial is that there are several things that speak those languages that could pass for roughly my height and weight. Good for causing intimidation, or gaining trust respectively."

Shrugging noncommittally, Lux flashes a wry grin.

12. - Top - End - #102

Kobold

Valen thinks for a moment, "The alchemical item? Sure, I can make some, and give you a good discount on the stuff too. Or did you want to trade a bulk supply for information or something? Why do you ask?"

At the talk of shapeshifting into a fiend, he winces, "Ugh, yea. The last time I shapeshifted into something that could be broadly considered a fiend, mostly by association, it... did not go well. I wouldn't advise it." He unconsciously rubs his side, something that might have once been a wound.
    Last edited by Gavinfoxx; 2016-11-04 at 09:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

WhiteWizardGirl

Kaer chuckles. "No, silly, I don't need any. You do. It's how my friends leave signs for each other." The word she uses for 'silly' is one of several in Gnomish, an affectionate and inoffensive one, to which Kaer has further appended an honorific prefix wholly disingenuous to the word's informal nature. 'Sir-Who-Is-Amusingly-Unaware-of-Something-in-Particular-Through-No-Fault-of-His-Own-Bless-His-Heart' might be a better translation.

Kaer continues. "Write in Gnomish, probably - not Common or Elvish, the guard has mages enough to spot finder's chalk if they're looking for it. Say Tikka sent you and you'd like to meet her friends. Check to make sure there's nothing already in the spot you write in. Nobody'll throw a fit over it, but it's rude."
    DontEvenAsk, no apostrophe. I play D&D 3.X/PF, and some 5e. Life has a tendency to spring surprise problems on me, leading to temporary ghosting that I usually can't predict. If I vanish, I'm probably not dropping out if your game, just swamped.

14. - Top - End - #104

Kobold

He grins and bows at her, "Thank you, mademoiselle. Look me up sometime; if that works out, I will owe you a boon. Perhaps some custom work; be thinking about what you might want."

He claps his hands, apparently ready to get going. "Well! This has been enlightening, but I have some going-about, and some thinking to do. I suppose I'll make my exit, stage left."

15. - Top - End - #105

WhiteWizardGirl

Kaer nods. "No thanks needed. I'll be considering the matter."

Then, in Common, she adds, "Well met and well parted. Good luck, whatever you do."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Arielle nods to her mistake.
    "Fair enough, sorry for my mistake. My question might have seen naive, but I haven't yet grasped all the implications of being able to adopt such a varied roster of shapes."

She would like to make a hundred more inquiries about Lux's nature and formidable abilities, but the Azurin, after having exchanged a few words with the Gnomess, seems to be on the leave. Kaer does not appear to be following him; as such, he will be briefly alone at the time he exits the den. Time to intervene.

The Ranger stands up, and puts back her heavy coat on, complete with her hood.
    "I will have to apologise to you all, but I have no reason to remain here any longer either. Neik, Tyl, I thank you for your intriguing offer. If you find me tomorrow evening sat in that very room, you will know I have accepted to engage in."

Arielle slightly hurries to ensure she leaves the room before the Azurin does. I'll have to give in some in order to be persuasive. As expected, Red appears in the frame of the door seconds later. He finds Arielle facing him, who immediatly proceeds to remove her hood and locks gaze with him, a gaze between two near-human sets of eyes.
    "Azurin, look at me. This is what I really look like. No tricks, no shifts, no disguises. I am exactly what I appear to be. I half expect you to be wearing some lie-scanning device; it is not bleeping, is it?
    I have heard what you were looking for. I can only infer that the Gnomess engaged in a discussion with you to speak about that - a group of revolutionnaries that want to bring the system down. Well, I am doing the same, right now, but face to face, not in a discussion embedded in a negociation in a tongue you don't necessarily completely master.
    I am a member of an organisation of self-made men who despise the fact that the elite of this city has simply inherited its position of power, while those who sweat out every coin of their purse are relegated to second-rank citizenship by the unluck of their birth. For long, my group has been working at undermining the status quo, in order to finally topple off the nobles and redistribute their wealth where it rightfully belongs. Noblemen call it a thieves' guild. I don't call it anything; I simply believe in what it stands for, as does each and everyone of its members."

The Silverbrow stops for a heartbeat, in order to build up the pressure while the young man processes her oratory.
    "Now, I have not revealed you my name, the name of my organisation, or anything else of value about either of us: I am not blackmailing you into anything by virtue of you possessing some dangerous information. I am simply making you the offer that speaks to your heart. Say no, and we won't cross paths again."

Arielle makes a step back, and crosses her arms, still looking directly into the Azurin's full-blue eyes. She is stightly bothered by how clichéd and predictable her oral argument was, but Well, I have mustered all that I could. After all, no one will blame me for a failure here, I don't belong to the recruiting department. I just seized the opportunity.
    Last edited by remetagross; 2016-11-06 at 06:54 AM.

17. - Top - End - #107

Kobold

The Azurin stops, dumbfounded at the display of apparent honesty, or at the least sincerity. He straightens unconsciously as the woman takes her hood off, giving her his full attention as he looks her in the eyes.

Finally! Someone who is willing to, without pretense, actually clearly say something useful. Unexpected for a thieves guild, but I can only assume she has a read on my lack of subtlety and values. At least she's not obviously dissembling like that elven bloke, who was choosing his words very carefully. Granted, I think he was genuine in the need-to-know thing being for our protection, but I'm not sure I want to get into stuff like that with people I don't know yet. A famous thieves guild, with a reputation to lose, though? That, I can work with.

"Well, that was heartfelt. Even if your read on some of the members are wrong, and there's a mix of those who really want change with simple profit-seeking, I can work with either of those motives. I actually have several ideas they might want to hear about. Can you get me an introduction? If there is a guild leader, or someone that has lots of influence in the guild itself, I would want to speak with them."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Arielle feels the warm wave of success spreading in her chest. Yes! He is interested. Now, I have not to lose him.

"I am very pleased to hear that. Given the magical devices you produce, I am sure they will be most interested by whatever magical craft you can offer. I will report your interest to my guild, and set up a meeting with the highest-ranking member I can get in touch with. You will need this."

The Ranger reaches out to her quiver and pulls a thin arrow, adorned with a strange-looking, twisted arrowhead.
    "This is a signal arrow. When flying, it emits a shrieking akin to that of a hawk. Tomorrow evening, go to the shrine of Astilabor, in the district of the secondary deities's temples. Stand before the shrine, and then fire this arrow as high as you can. At that signal, I will join you and explain to you how the meeting will proceed."

Spoiler: OOC: Signal arrows
    Show
    Arms & Equipments Guide p.5, 5 gp for a quiver. They emit a shrill when they fly similar to that of a bird. They are used for simple communication between ranger squads rather than fight, of course. They impose a -2 penalty on attack rolls, and a Survival DC 20 check is required to recognize the sound does not come off an actual bird.
    Last edited by remetagross; 2016-11-06 at 11:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

Kobold

He chuckles, and looks at it. "Sure that's wise, in a crowded district? I could just blow through the aperture, there. It's just a bird whistle, isn't it? I'm not too good with traditional archery, either. As you can see--Torquis, present arms."

His backpack opens up, and a large crossbow comes out. Before it can float to the 'present arms' position, he interrupts with a, "Torquis, stow arms." which, as the arms go back in the backpack, he responds to her with a roguish grin. "Not too impressed with their tricks, as you can see."
    Last edited by Gavinfoxx; 2016-11-06 at 11:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110

Thenacus

Thenacus was never particularly good at the planning stage, so he kept back.

I was always more of the charge in screaming, wet my breeches and set fire to everything sort,
    he mused.
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2016-11-06 at 11:49 PM.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Arielle raises an eyebrow.
    "Well, that voice-activated bag must come in handy. I understand why the various shapeshifting tricks we just saw left you unimpressed.
    About the arrow, you can't make it sing by simply blowing into it, it needs to fly through a more powerful gust of wind than a mere human exhalation. That said, a Gust of Wind spell may precisely be what you are looking for, in case you can't manage to find a bow. But no need to worry too much about firing into a crowded place, Astilabor's shrine is seldom packed with followers, and you have a clear view of the alley that lead to the temple to ensure no one will unfortunately be on the arrow's path. "

22. - Top - End - #112

Rac-a-doodle-doo!
    The next day...

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Unless any of you have anything else to do before the morning.
    Last edited by Xanyo; 2016-11-08 at 05:38 PM.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Spoiler: Other Avatars
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113

Kobold

Valen will bid her goodbye, mentioning as he goes, "Thank you. I'll be careful, though. One last thing -- it wasn't the bag that did it!", and if he can find a place that's still open, he buys some of the alchemical components for mixing up Finder's Chalk for 1 gp 6 sp 7 cp (otherwise, he'll do this in the morning), and goes to his flat and starts to brew some up, also testing if he can get his Shapesand to actually be transparent and work like a Finder's Glass, and then he works on seeing if he can get the remainder of his Shapesand to become a Composite Greatbow appropriate to his build.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Arielle is puzzled, she thinks it may be the crossbow itself, animated somehow.
    This night, she meets with her boss and explains him this Azurin has much potential. Getting him in the guild, while preventing him from seeing the least savory business it engages in (since he seems so idealistic) seems a very good idea from her perspective.

25. - Top - End - #115

The guild leader is impressed, and promises to further look into this crafty artificier.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Show

26. - Top - End - #116

Kobold

Valen has a pretty thorough itinerary for the rest of the day. After making sure he can make the chalk, and use his Shapesand for his two items, he uses his knowledge of the local area to figure out some plausible places that whatever this group of gnomes would plausibly be able to spot, places where halflings and gnomes that are of the lower classes spend a decent amount of time walking past, and then when no one is looking, he takes the Shapesand-made Finder's Glass and tries to spot evidence of at least smudged communiques to the other groups. Then, when he finds evidence that there is some in the area, he finds an appropriate spot and writes the appropriate message in Gnomish, to try to find this strange group.

As far as the rest of the day, he's between large commissions, and his magical equipment means that, even if he doesn't have next month's rent, he won't starve. He spends it wandering around the town, people watching. How downtrodden are the people -- not just his in groups, but others? What patterns are there in the people who seem to be discontent? How large is the separation between wealthy and poor? How is the middle class district doing, are they having a hard time? Which types of slavery are common, is there mostly a regulated, often temporary form, or are the vices of chattel slavery and serfdom making more inroads? What sort of person is doing well, and what common patterns are there in the behavior of these people? Are there lots of immigrants or refugees around? Is the city more or less cosmopolitan than he expects? What sorts of newsheets and papers does he collect and spot as he wanders around?

Show
    I would presume he already knows this stuff, but I would like an explanation and would like you to give a big long broad description of things. Relevant skills with a Take 10: Gather Information DC 10, Knowledge Local DC 14. Spot DC 10. Sense Motive DC 10.

As it gets to the appropriate time of evening, he takes his Shapesand, previously molded into a Composite Greatbow appropriate to his strength, and stands in an appropriate spot, looking around to make sure no one will be harmed and no one is obviously and visibly watching him, and looses it in a high parabolic arc, as high as he can, targeting one of the sections of ground near him, making sure that if he misses that section of ground and gets one near it, it will still land where it won't harm or damage anything.

Show
    Since he's not proficient in the shortbow, longbow, greatbow, or the composite versions thereof, he just choice the composite greatbow appropriate to his strength, which has a range increment of 130'. Not sure about the range increment penalties for arcing fire, but as a non masterwork weapon, with his non-proficient penalty, he's rolling as a +1, but I don't think he can actually fail to hit a particular square (though I think I've heard AC 5 mentioned somewhere? Should I roll this? Regardless, it should probably only splash into adjacent squares, and he chose the location so that there was nothing in any of those for as far out as he could manage).

27. - Top - End - #117

Very few of the people you speak to seem to show much emotion at all. They seem rather apathetic to most things, though a few show more life. You notice that many seem to follow instructions from people with higher status than them without really questioning them. The district you are in primarily houses lower to middle class people, most citizens, some not. The middle class isn't that much better off than the lower class, it's practically just an upper-lower class. From what you hear, the wealthy has four main groups- those rich enough to own a large house, have servants, and maintain their wealth and status(which seems to go hand-in-hand), those rich enough to have their own soldiers, beyond the few most upper class have to watch over their belongings, giving them more power and status, those rich enough that they can exert significant influence on other rich people and nobles, having a significant impact on major events, and the priests of Siamorphe, who tend to always have someone owing them coin. Royal blood seems rather irrelevant, the titles of "Lord" and "Duke", and even "Prince", being bestowed on wealthy landowners.
    As you gather information concerning the slavery, you notice that anyone who gets too poor and ends up in debt is likely to become a slave, and warforged are almost always slaves, as the general populace doesn't know that they are actually sentient(as a skilled craftsman and artificer, you do). You notice a large number of dwarves and other rather lawful races, and smaller quantities of the more free-thinking races(e.g. elves, gnomes, halflings), all greatly overshadowed by humans(though it seems there are almost a third as many dwarves as humans). You also notice that you didn't see a single one of the more intelligent elven subraces, such as Grey elves(with the exception of a particular two-headed one) and Sun elves. You end up with a small collection of newsheets and papers, all of which, after a thorough read-through, seem to be propaganda of one type or another. Government sponsored pamphlets, and those sponsored by merchants, seem to emphasize obedience, while papers sponsored by other members of the upper class seem to have conflicting messages, very few agreeing with each other.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

A shrill fills the air above the alley, just as if some bird of prey had let out a high-pitched squeek. But hawks are not exactly common in the middle of an area full of small shrines, too little and close to humanoids to be used as resting places for birds.
    Ah, great, he did come.

A nondescript door opens and Arielle emerges, her hood down on her shoulders, her silver hair revealed. She picks the broken pieces of the arrow and makes them disappear in a pocket. She then turns to the Azurin and walks to meet him, just before the shrine of Astilabor.
    "Hello again. I am glad you came. Before everything, let us ask for the Hoardmistress to bring fruition to this interview."

Pointing towards the small but glistening metal shrine, Arielle gestures at the Azurin to imitate her and bows her head.
    "O Astilabor, the Acquisitor, you who looks over our coffers and help us to always make them plentiful. Allow this meeting to bring good fortune to your humble followers."

"Now, Azurin, my name is Arielle Guinobisho. I have been allowed to reveal this to you. Before you more completely introduce yourself to me, I will follow you in a prayer if you wish so."

Spoiler: Draconic
    Show

Guinobisho means Silver Smile.

29. - Top - End - #119

Kobold

He answers her prayer with an 'Amen' at the appropriate time, raising his head. To the offer of prayer, he pauses, thinking. "There are several deities for whom I would seek blessing in this endeavor, and I personally have no single patron deity. However, one of the most closely aligned to my cause is Nephthys, of the Mulhorandi pantheon. O Sister of Osiris, Mother of Anubis, we beseech your blessing, you, as a goddess of transitions, of wealth, a patroness of idealists who would forge their own path to plenty, and it is my hope, may you bless us as we attempt to do, ah, 'Disruptive Innovation'. Please, bless our endeavors and plans, and may we succeed in doing well by doing good, and not cause undue harm in so doing. Amen."

After the other replies and joins him in prayer, he grins, "What did you think? I'm pretty sure I coined the phrase, I haven't seen the term, and I've looked. Anyway. I'm Valen Hunter; savant artisan, mage of the third circle of magic, magical item crafter, would-be master woodcrafter but for drama in the damn guild, and idealist. I've heard we may be of service to one another, but is there somewhere we can speak with privacy?" He says with a polite nod.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Arielle gives off an ironic smirk.
    "Disruptive Innovation, no less? Isn't that a bit verbose? Well, your prayer and your presentation had at least the merit of stating clearly enough what you want and how you picture yourself. I feel you have the most interesting of stories to tell about how you gleaned those titles...and I agree we can be of a certain help to one another."

The Silverbrow, keeping her amused grin, precedes him towards the small side door she exited from a moment ago. Producing a complicated set of keys, she unlocks the door and pulls it open.
    "Please be my guest. Or, if you worry about a trap, I can enter first if you prefer."
    Last edited by remetagross; 2016-11-14 at 02:42 AM.