New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Call of Close Encounters (CoC modern)

"Alright, the sheriff's all yours. Would it be better as a team effort or solo play?"

Brandon is a bit apprehensive at the thought of letting the "kid" loose on his own, but who knows? He might work wonders.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

"Naah! I Will get him to talk!" Hank said with a sadistic smile.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

"Well we only have one car so we'll have to at least drop you off... speaking of which wasn't Jackson supposed drive down here today? i wonder where he is" Tasia says

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

"Hopefully he'll turn up. Tomorrow morning, I'll drop by an optician and then head on to Ezra's next of kin. Agent Gunn, the Sheriff's department is closest so if you don't mind I'll drop you off on the way and keep the car. Agent Tasia, Agent Ashen, you want to tag along or start on one of the other tasks we've got going? Someone needs to dig up the agent, and we should keep going after the locals about weird stuff."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

BTW, did Brandon get any weird tales from the natives in the bar?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Hank agrees.

'Sounds like a plan' he said, While streching his fingers

6. - Top - End - #66

"I can go with hank in case he needs anything, ill leave what ashen wants to do up to her"

Also Graa, do you ask them anything?? other than specifically asking someone for stories no one really seems to be talking about anything like that.
    Last edited by collinbollin; 2017-02-21 at 11:55 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Brandon asks about what's going on in the area. He's mostly interested in weird stuff, but he'll seize anything they give him that seems out of place.

(I'm mostly offline Friday-Tuesday, so probably nothing new from me)

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Julia seems unamused by Hank's suggestion. "If you harm a fellow officer of law enforcement then I'll have nothing to do with it. Still, if he may be hiding something I'll not be in your way and join you, mister Brandon."

9. - Top - End - #69

It sounds like We're got a plan! if it weren't for it being like 10:30 I'd suggest we go right now, but I have a feeling people wouldn't appreciate us bothering them for interviews at this hour" Tasia smirks, finishing her next drink off. obviously a little tipsy from the mischievous look on her face "But maybe staying here all night isn't the solution either hmm"

All of them you ask about recent events to bring up the murders, one guy grumbles about how it's probably some guy in the force weaving this story to start trouble for the native folk. Another whole-heartedly believes that a thunderbird came and punished the victims for some undisclosed sin they did, he has no idea what they could have done that would be cause for it but he believes it. None of the theories really come up conclusive, and no one mentioned anything like what you experienced, but it does raise some questions about the innocence, or sanity, of the Sherif for pointing fingers at the Native cultural community so hard.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Hank tales a good long hard elevator look at Tasia, smiles and says...
    "Im looking forward to good cop, bad cop"

"But I guess we should postpone the good sheriff untill tomorrow."

"I Will TRY to be ...gentle" Hank said almost laughing While making a fist
    Last edited by tsj; 2017-02-27 at 10:46 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

"The native community is getting some of the blame, it seems. You might want to ask the sheriff about that. Gently, I suggest. We need his cooperation." Brandon tips back the rest of his beer.

"Alright, seems like we have a plan for tomorrow. Agents Gunn and Tasia ask the Sheriff, agent Ashen and myself visit an optician and Ezra's bereaved. We´ll meet for lunch to compare notes and find out what to do next? We still have a few phone numbers from the files we need to check out." Preparing to leave, he stands up.

"It's getting late and we need to be leaving the hotel before 0900 tomorrow. I'm off to bed."

12. - Top - End - #72

Tasia teasingly elbows Hank "Are you the good cop then?" she giggles and follows hank out, going to book a room in the nearby motel I assume everyone else follows suit? go ahead and make a post of any studying or investigating you do before you sleep and ill jump forward to the morning next post.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

A bit of reading notes on the bed, nothing else for Brandon. Up at 0730 for a light workout before breakfast. He'll be waiting in the foyer at 0855.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

After they've signed in and she's in her room and bed Julia takes out the small book with it's burnt cover held within a newer one.
    Flipping through the pages she reads again of the mythology of the country in which she was made into who she is now.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Hank couldnt help but smile at Tasias comment last night and looks forward for them to question the sherif together.

16. - Top - End - #76

You all force yourselves to sleep or at least nap considering it felt like you've only been awake for 6 or 7 hours. In the morning Tasia rounds up anyone still asleep to meet up with brandon "So you two drop us off at the Sheriffs and go talk to whoever you need to. where are we going to meet back up at?" She asks, passing out complimentary coffees from the Motel.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

"Everyone had a good night's sleep, I hope?" Brandon looks quite chipper, sipping his coffee.

"Agent Ashen and myself drop you two off at the Sheriff, then we visit an optician and then Ezra's kin. I suggest we meet for lunch at..." He looks at the flyers near the reception and selects one at random, handing it out after making sure it's centrally located. "...this place. 1200 sound OK? Should give us plenty of time to get things done and do some follow-up if we have to. After lunch I suggest we look for the retired agent in the area, the CI case agent and this "Blue Jay"-character. Of course, if someone's got the time they can start looking into it before lunch. We all have the paperwork."

Looking a bit worried, he lowers his voice. "I'm still wondering what actually happened yesterday, though."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

Hank also looks sort of worried about what happended yesterday and says "I Hope we soon find out exactly what happended yesterday"

Then he enjoyed his Coffee While (elevator) looking at Tasia.

His face changes from worry to a kind of seductive smile as he asks
    If Tasia wants to go grab some more coffee with him, after the business with the sherif is completed.

"Just the two of us" he insists
    Last edited by tsj; 2017-03-13 at 12:13 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

"Agreed, I don't like this town the sooner we solve this case the sooner we can leave" Tasia says nodding her head, she looks back at hank and smiles "That sounds really good actually, lets do it if there's any time" You all go into the car, drop off Hank and Tasia at the station and continue on yourselves to the destination. What now?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

Brandon and Ashen finds an optician and gets the glasses checked (after having taken fingerprints, of course). They ask for any information they can give: how strong are they, how old are they, are they common? If they are strong enough or special enough to not be off-rack they'll also ask the optician to check records for the sale (guessing that they keep records on repeat customers with specific needs). Brandon wants to know who bought them, if possible.

After that, if there is any reason to believe these glasses would turn up in records they'll visit other opticians with the same request if they don't strike lucky at the first one. Hillsdale probably won't have more than a couple.

After that, or if there's nothing to go on regarding the glasses, they'll visit Ezra's next of kin.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Hank decides to be the bad cop letting Tasia play the good cop.

Hank begins asking questions to the sherif and if he does not anser or avoids answering then he uses a mix of intimidation and interrigation techniques

22. - Top - End - #82

The optician you visit says that most people get glasses like these a couple years back. thick plastic frames, Large Lenses, Cheaply made. The prescription is just common near nearsightedness. Almost a third of the town could have owned these glasses He prints out a list from the company computer. It's full of names and hardly narrows down the search
    (1d100)[81] vs spot hidden
    Failure, You don't see anyone of interest in the list of names, you fold the dot matrix printer paper and put it in your brief-case/purse. It might come in handy later.
    The next otometrist looks at the glasses and gives you back the exact prescription but that only barely narrows down the list, a prime suspect is still out of the question.

Hank Youll have to be more specific about what questions you ask him.
    Last edited by collinbollin; 2017-03-24 at 11:52 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

"Not much to go on there, but at least we have something to cross-check with when we get some names. Let's talk to the bereaved."
    Agents Brandon and Ashen pull the names of Ezra's closest family in the area and drive there, intending to talk to them about what they think happened.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

FBI Freeze!
    (Yelling While storming in the office and waving his revolvers)

Allright sheriff.

Im gonna need to ask you a few questions

I know YOu know more than you are telling me

(Twirls revolvers While pacing)

I want to know everything Right now..start singing

(Puts lamp in his face)

Who is blue jay?
    Tell me All about the cult!
    Tell me All about the time shifts!

We know you know stuff you are not telling us and I dont have to tell you what trouble, failure to coorporate with the FBI Will get you in

(Hank is a little turned on by the situation)
    Last edited by tsj; 2017-03-30 at 11:06 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Somewhere Julia can't shake the feeling she'll regret letting Hank run wild very soon.
    Last edited by Hillyan; 2017-04-02 at 01:42 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Brandon can't help feeling that something is about to go horribly wrong. He's got two kids however, so that's business as usual and he doesn't really pay any attention to the premonition.

27. - Top - End - #87

The officers reach for their guns when hank bursts in, relaxing a bit when Tasia follows quickly behind him.

"I'm so ****ing sorry officer, getting paired with this loose canon is the last thing I'd want to do." Tasia Says playing the good cop role, but also being somewhat genuine in her apology for hank. "But we would like to press you for some more information"

"Listen we can go through this in an orderly manner" One of the state troopers says, taking a seat, The rest of the police other than the sheriff follows suit.

"If you wanna know what happened follow me to my office, I'd prefer these boys not hear what I have to say." The sheriff speaks up, gesturing to a short hallway where his office is. Tasia Nods at Hank, approving of his plan.

On the way to his office Tasia leans into Hank and whispers "We're Federal Agents Interveiwing someone, not gangsters trying to start a street-war."

Meanwhile over with Ashen and Brandon, You two find the old residence of Ezra, and the home of his widow. You knock on the door and she answers the door, her hair up, it looks like she was doing some cleaning.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

"Good day, ma'am. I'm Special Agent Brandon and this is Special Agent Ashen from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Our sincerest apologies and condolences on your loss, but we need to talk to you about the recent events. Would you mind if we come in for a while?"

Brandon does his best to appear both commisserating (which he is) and official enough that she does not feel like she has any choice. He also watches her reaction carefully -her husband's death is quite recent, how is she dealing with it and is she acting as expected?

29. - Top - End - #89

Hearing you mention that you're federal agents it looks like she took an imaginary gut punch before she stepped aside and gestured you both in, leading you to her kitchen/dining room "Would you two like some coffee?" she offered and pulled out a couple chairs for you.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Julia takes her hat off out of respect but respectfully declines the offer for coffee.
    "Our apologies but we have to investigate matters. What can you tell us about what happened, ma'am?"