New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849
Results 1,441 to 1,458 of 1458
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: A Faerie Affair - IC III: In the Court of the Faerie King

Heading through the palace, Violet occasionally stops and admires things, and she cheerfully says hi to the guards as she passes, before Astra guides them to her room, and Violet looks it over with a smile. "It's wonderful, Astra! There are lots of fluffy things around, and it's a room, and everything! It'll be lots of fun!"

As things settle down, Violet once more pulls out the carefully cared for flower, trying to check to see if it's ok.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

Astra smiles at Violet's enthusiasm but it wanes as she notices the small sleeping accommodations she has in her own room.

"I don't want you to sleep on the floor violet.. soft as the rug may be, maybe you deserve a bit more! Why don't we check on Kyu's room?"

She partly flits and walks over to her neighbor companion. "Oh wow, you have a nice room, and a HUGE bed, Kyu!" Noticing the extra-large mirror, she for once notices her extremely lengthy hair, probably since the last time in Reena's court when it was washed and brushed.

"Oh yeah, with all this adventuring, I keep forgetting!" Astra gets her own brush which she was given some says before, and sets to work trying to straighten out and care her hair. It might take a while...

"Um... do you mind if I borrow one of your other brushes, Kyu?"
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2019-09-17 at 01:06 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Kyu was in her room straightening out her hair before bed. "Yours isn't like this? It's super soft too, like sleeping on cotton flowers." She opens her drawer and takes out a hairbrush, flying over to Astra. "You can sleep with me if you want Violet, but I'm a bit of a sleep talker. I hope that doesn't bother you! And let me help you with your hair Astra, you should have asked me while we were on the road. Us girls need to find time to keep our looks in check, even while out being traveling."

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

Astra says, "Yeah, I like my hair and all, but when we're traveling so much and with all the excitement I just kind of forgot..."

She notices all the pink ribbons Kyu had in her hair, compared with the naturally pink color of her own hair. She'd never need ribbons! But it gave her an idea, and she grinned. "You know, I was thinking... why don't we go out tomorrow and set a new fashion trend? These people wandering around dressed like hobo mercenaries is depressing!"

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

"Oh? That sounds like fun! Kyu claps her hands together. "How about pink? Or maybe a weird hairstyle to prank them a little? Oh oh or ribbons! Do you have any good ideas?"

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

Astra says, "Well I think we've already got enough pink and ribbons for a lifetime and they weren't taking to that. And I don't really want to change my hair either..."

She looks down at her worn, white dress. "I definitely think it's time for something new though. Summer is even coming.. clothes made of ribbons? Or, I know! Magic illusion clothes! I wonder if anyone's ever made that before! And then could you imagine if someone pranked them and dispelled it?" Astra can hardly contain a mischievous giggle.

7. - Top - End - #1447

GreenSorcererElf

Violet smiles cheerfully at Aster's suggestion. "Ok! Maybe we can have a sleepover? We could tell stories!"

With Aster moving past her to Kyu's room, Violet slowly looks into the vase, containing the crystalline flower, and her expression falls. No! She's... She's not going to make it, but... but she really, really wanted to experience rain, and... With her mind whirling, trying to come up with a way to help, she walks into Kyu's room, almost running into the bed in her distracted state, but she had her idea.

With the flower carefully held in one hand, her other pulls out her pan flute, and she plays a short tune, a long low tune, almost mournful, a short series of up and down notes, giving a sense of hope, with a jaunty, almost home-like finale.

And then, the room seems to fade away, the homey surroundings replaced by a vision of beauty. A large oak, majesticly standing resolute in the center of a small delve, the sides coated in a gentle blanket of moss, with a small creek burbling happily over stones, with lillies floating here and there, and hyacinths growing along the sides. Further out, a riot of croci, tulips, violets, bluebells and more grow, each adding their own splash of color and beauty to the grove. The edges, just before the ridge leading out are home to an assortment of fruit and nut bearing plants, and through it a single path runs, with crystal-decorated stepping stones marking a safe way through, and over the creek, meandering enough to give anyone taking it a great look at the garden. The sky above is grey, and overcast, and a steady rain falls, and the sounds of the rain, and the wind fill the room.

At the base of the tree, looking over the garden, Violet stands, holding the flower as her tears fall softly onto its petals, as she mourns, and tries to let it's final time be one of great beauty.

Spoiler: Music
    Show

So, I couldn't find it online, but the tune she plays is the Wildland Whistle from Bards Tale 4.(Alas, I don't listen to a lot of music, but it seemed appropriate.)

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

To disbelieve, you need to pass a DC 14 investigation check(Should you choose to.) Also, you might notice that you're not actually getting wet, and that the things in the room are still there, just sort of hidden.
    Also, this is probably pushing well past what a Major Image can actually do, but... it seemed appropriate.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Titan in the Playground

Astra is at first surprised by the illusion, but she quickly figures out it's true nature. Still, it hardly takes away from its beauty.

"Wow... This is beautiful..."

9. - Top - End - #1449

GreenSorcererElf

Snapped out of her sadness for the poor flower, Violet looks to Astra, and offers her a small smile. It's somewhat forced, but she's clearly trying. Afterwards, her attention turns back to the flower held carefully in her hands, and she whispers to it. "This is what rain's like, and what the surface can be like, and I wish I could show you."

Spoiler: Nature check?
    Show

Violet's communication efforts, so the flower understands. (1d20+7)[12] Nature.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

The crystal flower doesn't have much energy left to respond. You think you see its petals shrink back from the 'rain' at first, but between Violet's explanation and the obviously illusory nature of the scenery, it soon relaxes again. Violet feels confident that this sort of flower would be happy in her garden, if she could obtain a living example.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

11. - Top - End - #1451

GreenSorcererElf

Doing her best to conceal her sadness, not wanting to make the flower sad, Violet starts to talk once more. "This is my garden! Or, well, an image of it? But that's the Big Tree, he's really nice, and he was ok with me living on him! And there's the creek! It's usually really happy, but sometimes, she gets scared, and that's really scary! But Big Tree tries to help! And I got to help lots of flowers, and they're really happy, and I try to help everyone be happy, but this is Mrs. Diamond..." Slowly building energy, Violet starts trying to introduce the poor flower(And Astra and Kyu) to her garden, and the personalities within, to try and cheer it up.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Not sure if anyone wants to interject, but she'll only get ten minutes of introduction done. Most of the flowers are named after how they look(Mrs. Diamond tends to glitter in the sunlight), but some of them are not.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

Astra tries to listen, but after the tenth flower her interest seems to drop off. It was one thing to listen to names of flowers and their personalities. Astra still wasn't really sure of that. But illusions of flowers? She was feeling far too weary for this.

She tries to find the large mirror in the room again and continues brushing her hair, occasionally glancing back at Violet with a smile and nod.

13. - Top - End - #1453

GreenSorcererElf

After ten minutes pass, the room fades back into existence, with no sign of the wondrous garden that once stood there, leaving a sad petal and a dying flower standing near the bed. After a goodbye, Violet carefully places the flower back into the vase, doing her best to make sure it was as comfortable as possible, before she turns her attention to Astra and Kyu, her voice a shadow of what it was. "I... I'm sorry. I should have said something, but... they're dying, and there's not long left now, and they wanted to experience rain, and then it didn't rain, so... I tried."
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2019-09-28 at 03:54 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

Astra nods sadly, but there wasn't much she could do. She couldn't cry and mourn for every flower. It would be maddening.

Astra gently offers, "W-would you like a hug?"

15. - Top - End - #1455

GreenSorcererElf

Violet nods, unshed tears shining in her eyes as she looks at the dying flower.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

Astra slowly moves over to embrace Violet in a sisterly hug. She imagined like trying to comfort a younger sibling or a good friend.

"There, there. This is sadly the way of things for many flora...

17. - Top - End - #1457

GreenSorcererElf

Violet sniffles a bit as she returns the hug, her tears dripping onto Astra's back as she starts to speak, her voice broken and sad. "It... it's not that... everything has their... their time. But... but... to just abandon, or... or... or ignore a wonderful... flo... flower?" She takes a deep grasping breath. "No one... no one should... should have to d... di... die alone."
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss
    Ileana, Godlings

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

Astra nods sadly, still rather unsure of comforting a cut flower to such an extent, but in any case once Violet's tears had dried, she finished brushing her hair and then turned in to her own room for sleep.