New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Finally Saw Captain America Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    As i recall that fight were mainly ideological. In a straight up fight with the comic version he should be squashed like a pumpkin.
    At least against the version that can casually lift a tank and survive a direct hit from a nuke.
    You'd think that. But in the comics Cap knocked a fully armored and bloodthirsty Tony (mind controlled for the record) out with his shield. Don't underestimate how amazingly and insanely powerful the "normal" heroes can be in comics.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    It's the nature of adaptions to change things to suit the story. The MCU can't be consistent with the comics by the simple virtue various incarnations of the characters diverge substantially. From personality changes to abilities. To take a different Marvel property, in the anime X-men Storm is visibly fatigued from casting a few lighting bolts. The 90s cartoon has to maintain control to not unleash the full extent of her powers and conjure storms capable of wrecking everything in sight.
    The other issue is that Black Panther hasn't otherwise been introduced. Fighty man in a techno suit is something that needs no introduction to the average MCU viewer at this point. Living avatar of the Panther god, maybe needs a bit more setup.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

You'd think that. But in the comics Cap knocked a fully armored and bloodthirsty Tony (mind controlled for the record) out with his shield. Don't underestimate how amazingly and insanely powerful the "normal" heroes can be in comics.
    I think what i have underestimated is how bad the writers can be at maintaining internal consistence..
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I think what i have underestimated is how bad the writers can be at maintaining internal consistence..
    Given that they can't even agree on whether Cap is "The pinnacle of human perfection" (i.e. a physically perfect but not super human) or a super human, that isn't at all surprising. And that's before you get into the argument that they can't even agree on stats for a "physically perfect human" (since they've changed that measure from benching 800 pounds to 1500 pounds(!) and back again several times.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

I don't really think there is a difference.

I mean, we don't really know the limits of the human body, so he could just be at the limit. Or maybe the guy who made the serum *thought* it would bring to pinnacle of human, but it made superhumans instead?
    How do you even know what that thing does?

Ooh, or humans in Marvel universe are not the same as us?
    Ironman is human and every single hit that knocks him through a wall or something should kill him.

I mean, there are so many answers, it could just be "all of them"
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)