New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Heights of Londo [IC 2: Bolted]

Leah shakes her head, though she does give Alyssa space to double check, "It's... It's not that bad..." She winces a little as Alyssa examines her, "I think... I think it's just some bruises..."

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa takes a few minutes, then smiles and lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding. "Well, it doesn't look like anything horrible. Couple scrapes here and there. Took a bad step is all. Maybe don't walk on it too much, though, it'll probably hurt for a while." She moves up beside Leah to give her something to lean on to help stand. "I can help you walk back and we can see what we can do. Maybe just sit for a while?"
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah feels worried, then embarrassed, at the length of time Alyssa spent checking she was ok, feeling her cheeks start to burn. She nods at Alyssa's assessment, "Yeah, umm, that sounds like a plan."

Awkwardly, she shifted herself so that she could use Alyssa as leverage to stand. She winced as she hauled herself up, finding the limits of how much weight her foot would handle. After a moment, she wraps an arm around Alyssa's shoulder to stabilise herself and, with her shoes dangling from her other hand, begins to limp back toward Rana and their pokémon. She keeps her eyes firmly on the rocks at her feet as they walk, taking care not to slip again. Feeling her ears heat, she said "Thanks, uh, thanks for the help..."

Show

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa feels her heartbeat speed up as Leah wraps her arm around her. Grabbing Leah's hand for balance, she helps her stand and then move forward. She makes every effort to move with Leah, following her feet with her eyes to try to find good spots to stand. Looking over at her, she smiles. "Oh, yeah, no problem. Just...want to make sure you're okay."

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah gives what she hopes is a reassuring nod and smile, but doesn't add anything to Alyssa's comment, simply focusing on walking while her ears heat up.

Show

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa feels her cheeks heat up but focuses on keeping a good pace as they head back. As they get closer, she asks, "You okay?"

Luna, having spent most of her time wandering about Rana's feet and looking out into the ocean, notices Alyssa and Leah. At first she waves but then, noticing them together, pokes Saura and points them out.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods, "Y-yeah," She glances briefly at Alyssa and smiles, "It's a bit tender, but, uh, but I'll live."

Saura perks up as Luna prods her, turning her attention over to Leah and Alyssa. Her enthusiasm shifts to concern as she notices the way they were moving. Standing up, she started to make her way over, carefully avoiding any errant tide pools as she did. Once she reached the pair, she looked up with a questioning "Saur..?"

Leah gave her Bulbasaur a smile and shook her head as she slowly made her way toward Rana, "I just tripped, don't worry."

Show

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

Luna's face fills with concern, but she is quick to respond. She seeks out a nice sitting rock and waves Alyssa and Leah over to it, pointing towards it invitingly.

Alyssa follows her Cleffa's advice and brings Leah over to the rock to sit down. "I think the path is probably fine like this, but better we rest for a moment, take a look at it, and maybe see if we even can put on your shoes." Then she looks back and puts a hand to her forehead. "Oh, I think I left my shoes by the fulgrite."

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah gives Luna a grateful smile as she points out a rock for her to make use of. She lowers herself carefully onto the rock, giving a soft sigh as she's able to take her weight off her legs. She nods at Alyssa's suggestion, then gives her a smile, "Don't worry about it, I can wait a little longer." Her grin broadens a little as she realises the irony of the advice she was about to give, "Just, uh, just be careful of slippery rocks."

Show

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa smiles brightly. "Don't worry, I'll have Luna with me!" Luna looks up, surprised, then smiles and cries "Cleffa!" with a nod. She pulls her bag off her shoulder and leaves it next to Leah before grabbing Luna in her arms. Turning to Rana and Saura, Alyssa says "You two look out for her, she had a bad step." The artist and her Pokemon then wander off back towards the fulgrite, taking their steps carefully to avoid falling or slipping.

Taking her time, Alyssa takes a while to get back to the rocks, but she makes sure to comb the area for her shoes and socks until she finds them. Opting not to get caught the same way Leah did, she sits down and puts her shoes back on. She chafes a bit at the uncomfortable dry salt feeling on her feet, but remembering Leah's pain pushes her to ignore it. Luna, meanwhile, keeps watch for anything odd along the beach. Presuming they don't find anything interesting on the way there or back, Alyssa then heads back slowly, taking care not to trip or slip or fall as best she can.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ettin in the Playground

Saura gives Alyssa a solemn nod, moving closer to Leah as she did. Leah watches Alyssa make her way back down the beach for a bit, a soft smile playing on her face. When she realises she's staring, she feels her cheeks flush red, and she shifts her position so that she can examine her foot again. With occasional winces, she slowly started to clean her foot as best she could in preparation for putting her socks and shoes back on. Beside her, Saura gently butted into her leg. Smiling down, Leah gave her a rub behind her neck.

Show

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Colossus in the Playground

Alyssa's journey back to the lightning glass doesn't prove terribly eventful on this fine Thundercrag morning. The man with the Azumarill is still a ways away, watching his Pokemon dive into the choppy waters only to soar back out, and then do it all again. The few wild Pokemon she can see consist of the odd Staryu in a pool, a couple of obviously-Dwebble, and the occasional flash of a spark at the nearby river.

"I hear heat can fix wounds." Rana comments, from beside Leah. "Wanna grab a Tynamo and get it to shock you?"

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah looks around at Rana in surprise, her expression doubtful "Umm, I, uh, I don't know if that's a good idea..?" She glances down at her foot, then up at Rana again, "I, uh, I don't think it's, uh, that bad..."

Show

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Titan in the Playground

After some time Alyssa comes back into view with Luna in tow. Luna catches sight of Rana, Saura, and Leah first and gives them her usual wave while Alyssa shouts "Heeey!" from the rocks. Her speed at first increases, but as she tries to move she wobbles a bit so she slows down to a normal pace. She arrives with a bit of a huff. "Um, mind if we...wait a bit?" Smiling, she sits down and lets out a large breath. "Wanna get my feet a bit. I think I walked a bit too fast."

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah sits up a little straighter when she hears Alyssa call out, returning her wave with one of her own. She grins once Alyssa's closer, shaking her head, "You, uh, you didn't have to hurry. But I don't mind waiting a bit."

Show

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa blushes and shrugs. "Yeah, but I wanted to! Besides, we gotta make sure nothing too bad happens with that foot of yours. Oh, I think I have a bandage or something..." She puts her face into her bag and digs to hide her red face, which ends up making the Luna in her arms a bit uncomfortable. With some protest, Luna jabs Alyssa until she pops up. "Oh, sorry, was I smashing you? Here." Luna looks up with an angry face as Alyssa sets her down gently on the ground. She wanders over to Saura and plops herself on the ground with a huff, Alyssa preoccupied with finding bandages in her bag.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah notices Alyssa's redenning face and gives an embarrassed smile of her own. When Alyssa inadvertently smothers Luna, Leah gives the Cleffa an apologetic smile. "Umm, really, you, uh, you don't have to make that big a deal of it..."

As Luna sits herself down, Saura gives her a bemused look. Glancing up between their two trainers, she turned her attention back to Luna and gave a wry "Saur, Bulbasaur..?"

Show

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Colossus in the Playground

Rana also crouches beside Luna and Saura, after shrugging at Leah's refusal of cauterization, and looks between them. "Do you two wanna be carried?"

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ettin in the Playground

Saura looks up at Rana and gives her a smile and shake of her head, accompanied by an upbeat "Bulbasaur!" Turning her attention back to Luna, she gave the Cleffa a questioning look, briefly glancing between her and Rana, and asked "Bulba..?"

Show

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

Luna gives a pout to Saura, with a grumbly "Clef Cleffa Cleffa". She tries to wrap Saura into a hug with her tiny arms. When Rana notices her, she turns brightly to the dancer and cheers "Cleffa!" but shakes her head when Rana offers to carry her.

Alyssa eventually finds a wrapped set of cloth bandage, withdrawing it from her bag with an "Aha!" Hearing Leah's comments, though, she turns to her with a smile."Well, if you don't need it, I can keep it and we can try to get you up there just by carrying. Can't be too bad." She looks up the path and then back to Leah. "We haven't been here too long, though, have we? I guess we should probably get your foot wrapped up sometime so it can heal. Don't want it to get infected or anything."

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah rubs at the back of her neck, seeing the logic in Alyssa's suggestion. She glanced over at the path back up, then nodded. "Yeah... Yeah, ok, you're right." She looks at Alyssa with a smile, "Better to, uh, to do it sooner rather than later."

She held a hand out to take the roll from Alyssa, ready to bandage her injuries.

Spoiler: OoC and Roll
    Show
    Assuming Alyssa does pass the bandages over, Medicine Education to do as good a job as she can with the bandages;

(3D6+1)[17]

Show

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods and hands the bandages over, but adds "I can do it, if it's easier. I've found bandaging myself can be awkward sometimes."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Alyssa has medical education too! Is there rules for assisting with checks?

Medical Education: (3d6)[12]

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah accepts the wrappings with a grateful smile. "U-um, no, I think I'll be ok, but, uh, but thankyou for offering."

Focusing on her foot, she takes a minute or two to bind her injuries, wincing every now and again at the pressure of the cloth against her skin. She hesitated a moment when she finished, realising she didn't have anything to hand to cut the fabric free of the roll with. After a moment of fruitlessly attempting to rip the cloth free, she looked between Rana and Alyssa sheepishly, "Umm, do, uh, do either of you have some scissors..? Or, uh, or a knife?"

Show

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods to Leah, feeling both a disappointment and a relief at the same time. She considers watching but instead turns her face away as Leah ties the bandage, trying to be respectful at the same time she tries to move her thoughts away from things that make her blush. As Leah asks she turns back to her and then processes her words after staring at her for a moment. "Wa, um, I think maybe I have something? Lemme look." She digs around in her bag for a moment to see if she can find anything that might work to cut the bandages.

Luna wanders over and looks at the bandage for a moment before shaking her head. She turns to Saura and asks "Cleffa?" to see if she has an answer.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ettin in the Playground

Saura also takes a closer look at the bandage. She frowns as she examines it, extending her vines out thoughtfully. After a couple of experimental swings through the air at a slow speed, she closes her eyes and lets out a dejected "Saur..."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Saura doesn't know how to use cut yet

Show

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa, meanwhile, finds her medkit and pulls it out of her bag, a few rolled paintings and a bunch of her other random stuff arranged poorly. Sliding open the bag, she looks inside and pokes about until she finds a small knife. Pulling it out with one hand, she pulls off the small cloth sheathe and gives it a look in her hand. "This should probably work, right?" She unhooks her bag strap from her arm and moves to face Leah, kneeling down to cut the bandage herself. "Hold it steady?"

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods, holding the bandage taut and leaving a comfortably large gap for Alyssa to work with. Once the bandage had been cut, she tucked the loose end under another part of her simple dressing, flexing her foot up and down a couple of times to make sure it wouldn't come loose. Content that she'd done enough to keep it in place, she carefully rolled her sock up and over the bandages, before settling into a more normal sitting position. She gave Alyssa an embarrassed smile, "Umm, thankyou for, uh, for looking after me." She glances up behind her at the pathway, "Umm, I think I'll be ready to try and walk back up in, uh, in a few minutes."
    Last edited by Comissar; 2017-09-21 at 03:46 AM.

Show

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa isn't particularly skilled with a knife, but she is quick with the cut and it doesn't take too long for her to have everything put away and finished. She smiles and shakes her head at Leah with a wave. "It's nothing." After a second she realizes that statement probably needs more context and quickly adds "We just gotta make sure you don't have to walk on it too much, yeah? If I learned anything, it's that time and rest do a lot for the smaller things." Putting her bag back together takes a minute, but after that she gets to her feet and offers Leah a hand to help get up. "You wanna lean on me the way up, or you want to try walking it yourself?"

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ettin in the Playground

Leah nods at Alyssa's advice, feeling her ears heat as she did. She uses the short break to ease her injured foot into her shoe, the fit much tighter than she was used to thanks to the bandaging, before doing the same with her uninjured foot. She takes Alyssa's hand when she offers it, easing herself upright and testing her weight. After a couple of winces, she glanced over at the ascent again, "Umm, if, uh, if you don't mind I, uh, I might lean on you again..."

Show

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

Alyssa nods and lowers herself a bit so Leah can put her arm over her. "Oh, um, just be careful." She adjusts her position a little bit and then looks at Leah with a smile. "Ready?"

Luna takes it upon herself to lead, pointing out any places where the rocks might be awkward to step on. Once the path smooths out, she spends more time looking at the waterfall than leading and often has to rush ahead to regain her place in the front of the line.