New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Evo Academy Common Room

Food Pavilion - Malcom

Tilting her head in the other direction, she looks between the two children at her table."Roll call. Nathan?" "Here Mommy!" "Laura?" "I'm here mom!" "Is Ryan here?" "Um, no Mom..." "I don't see Rex either." "We're sorry mommy, we didn't mean to lose them!"

The two child start to apologize frantically, and shift the blame away from themselves while looking horribly guilty, like only young children can. It is obvious that the mother is very upset at this point.
    Last edited by Tegu8788; 2017-01-14 at 10:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    The second piece of advice is "don't build a hybrid", but hey, this is Tegu8788's game and he's kinda the High Priest of Hybridization, so you're cool there.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Oh crap she's blind... "Just, um, just hold on a second." He quickly texts Akemi. see if the kid responds to the name ryan or rex
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Kerri collapses onto a chair in the food court and begins texting rapidly.

Tried to read the creeper dude but all I got were a bunch of animal noises. Not sure if that's really his surface thoughts or I just couldn't get anything from such a short contact. Malcom, Luce, Vie, Akemi you guys have all done awesome.I'll come back to relieve you in a minute Akemi. You're the only one left that creepy guy hasn't encountered yet and I don't think we want to have him run into the rest of us more than is necessary. Malcom, can you also ask the woman if she has a service animal and if so where it is? Wondering if that dog was hers . . .

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Akemi tries to adress the child with the names Ryan and Rex. With every passing moment, the slow flow of information makes Akemi wish more that she could start to investigate instead of her mind mulling over the concept of autism in minute detail, over and over.

Rex probably the dog. Man might have watched the dog. Akemi texts back. If the child responds to either name, she texts her findings back immediately. If not, she asks Malcolm to call Akemi and hand the phone to the mother.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2017-01-15 at 06:57 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Cinnabon - Akemi

The child continues to rock, until the name Ryan is spoken. At that, the rocking stops. Beyond that though, there is no further response.
    The second piece of advice is "don't build a hybrid", but hey, this is Tegu8788's game and he's kinda the High Priest of Hybridization, so you're cool there.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Reacts to Ryan, but remains unresponsive. Guide the mother to Cinnabon. Get the dog, too.

(Posting just in case.)
    Last edited by Ridai; 2017-01-17 at 08:28 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Malcolm addresses the blind woman again. "Ma'am I think one of my friends found your missing kid, and maybe the dog."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Food Pavilion - Malcom

The panic lessens for a moment, and is replaced with fierce determination. "You found Ryan? Please, take us to my child." She extends her hands, and the two little ones with her place their hands in hers, a clearly practiced behavior.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

Vie continues to sit beside Kerri, smiling. "Actually, you did just as much work as us. I just kinda slept in and showed up late." She does smirk, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

"Wonder if we're making a mountain out of a molehill with this guy." She frowns somewhat, then makes a face. "...butIreallyreallyreallywanttoknow."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Want to completely abuse our abilities and stalk people while invisible? Kerri smirks then abruptly facepalms

Shoot I forgot, I said I'd spell Akemi with the kid. You mind keeping an eye on creepy guy alone? We don't want to make him any more suspicious but I don't think we want to let him get out of sight either.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

"Okay, um, follow me." He turns and looks around for the Cinnabun and leads the woman in that direction.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Food Pavilion - Malcom

The family follows Malcom, the young children guiding their mother along. And like all children, when being lead or walking with an adult, they reach out to hold hands. And Nathan reaches out for Malcom's hand...
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Looking over the heads of the crowd trying to spot Akemi, Malcolm is completely unaware of the child about to touch his gloves hand.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Malcolm spots Akemi, who happens to be right next to him and bending down a little, smiling to the child reaching for the big guy and very gently intercepting its hand with her own. "Hey there. My friend is very shy, please don't just touch him." She straightens up. "Thank you, Malcolm." And she means it.

She quickly introduces herself as the one who found Ryan and leads the family to the child (who is being watched by an employee Akemi talked into it, since she would only be gone for a minute or so).

Akemi's friends notice that she looks pale and tired.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Akemi can see a fleeting moment of panic on Malcolm's face as he looks down and realizes how close the child was, and quickly moves away from the group. Turning away, he leans against the wall and takes a moment to breathe. "Jesus..."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

All - Vancouver Mall

The mother tightly grips the child, tears running down from beneath her glasses. The whole family just sits on the floor for a minute, hugging, before thanking the teenagers for being so kind and helpful. The family, together agin, departs quickly. With not much time left before they have to be home themselves, the Evos take their shoppings and return to the hummer.

The drive back is uneventful, but it gives each Evo time to reflect on what happened, and how they were able to contribute. It may not be a super villain, or a dramatic rescue from an avalanche, but they made a difference in the life of a family, and that, well, that's often enough.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

To Malcolm, Akemi says "You can't be see everything. But that's something your friends can help you with. Thank you for getting involved."

Akemi smiles as she sees the family reunited, and once they are gone, Akemi is gone as well, a text informing the others that she is feeling a little tired and is heading back to the hummer.

Lucy hears the opposite door open, Akemi seating herself next to the shy girl, looking tired and pale. "Hey," Akemi greets her, with an added smile. "Thanks for helping out. I know how difficult dealing with strangers can be for you, and I appreciate it a lot." Perhaps Lucy is looking away as Akemi says this, and thus doesn't see the hug coming. When Akemi draws away again, Lucy finds that there is a small bag in her lap. A note sticking to the outside says "Sorry for making you so uncomfortable. I'd never deny you what makes you happy.", along with an adorable little Japanese-style doodle of Akemi prostrating herself in apology. Inside the bag is a cup of bubble tea. Glancing over, Akemi avoids Lucy's gaze, no sign of the Japanese girl making fun of her, instead looking a little bashful.

Akemi is quiet on the way back, seemingly resting and dozing. Later that day, at dinner, she still looks tired and pale, but chats with her friends, one hand writing as she eats. Slowly, she removes herself from the conversations, at one point wiping her nose with a napkin, then getting up and calmly leaving the room, presumably to head to the bathroom. When she hasn't returned after a few minutes, one of her friends glances over to where she was sitting, seeing small block she was writing on filled with hastily scrawled words and numbers in all sorts of languages and notations with no apparent, though the word "locked" appears a few times. Perhaps then, the folded napkin is noticed as well, red stains having soaked through it.

In her room, strangled noises of agony in between strained breaths are heard from Akemi as she has curled up on her bed, a nosebleed dripping and tears flowing, her mind chaos, her horizon expanding violently, barrages of coherent thoughts amidst screaming storms of mental fragments, patterns reforming, growing, tearing down what was inefficient. No healer has been able to help her when a mind shift happens. Nothing is broken, her brain reforming (or, some might say, evolving). Her mind is a death trap for psychics in this moment. Hopefully Rina will be there soon.

--------

Later, Akemi starts the recording in her room, alone, the girl looking like hell, but mostly calm, speaking in her mother tongue. She recites the current date, the estimated magnitude of the mind shift (7), as well as estimated starting time, duration (seven hours), possible cause (extended contact with and focus on autistic child, contemplation of mental condition in relation to her own). She recites her own name (the one she was born with and the one she has now), her birthday, place of birth, biological parents, current guardian, family ties, important events of her life, friends, the events of the recent days. She announces that the memory phase is concluded, moving on to motor skills phase, involving simple and complicated motions and physical processes. When that is concluded, she announces the beginning of the behavior test phase. She shows herself pictures of her family and friends, of good things, of pleasant things, of beautiful things, to see if she still feels good about them. She shows herself pictures of sad things, tragic things, violent things, horrifying things, to see if they still make her feel awful. In both tests, it is also important that there is a reaction.

Once the recording is concluded, the video is properly encoded, archived along with the relevant notes, secured, a legible copy uploaded to Ms. Amori's drive, into the folder named after Akemi, along with her student number, for evaluation and preparation of future sessions, as usual. Akemi shuts her laptop down afterwards, puts on sweatpants and slippers, and leaves her room to go and make cookies using the current revisions of recipes favored by her friends (revised not because of failure, but because of refinement). It will distract, and will not require intense applications of patterns. The first cookie gift case will be for Kerri, as promised. The following ones will be for Remi, Lucy, Alex, Viessa, Amina, Daniel, Malcolm, Ms. Amori, then for people in general, continuing until she is feeling better, taking notes for revision purposes as she goes.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2017-01-28 at 01:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108

Lucy was sitting in the car, waiting for the others to return and absently flipping through pictures on her phone. She stopped for a second on the picture of the man and his dog. Immediately she felt her embarrassment return and deleted the picture in retaliation. She pocketed her phone and stared down at her empty lap, reliving the experience over again in her head. It was at that moment that she heard the passenger side door open.

It startled Lucy, whose eyes darted towards the noise. It was Akemi, arriving much sooner than Lucy had expected. Lucy returned Akemi's greeting. "Hey."

As Akemi continued, Lucy turned her head to the side. She was still embarrassed, but it was nice to feel like she helped. "Yeah, whate-" Lucy began to respond, but was cut off by an unexpected hug from Akemi, followed by an equally unexpected discovery of a small bag on lap. Lucy read the note and looked inside. She smiled and looked at Akemi, who was now the one averting her gaze. "Thanks." The friendly gesture made Lucy feel good, but she wasn't really sure what else to say. Before she could think of something, the other doors opened and the rest of the gang poured in.

Lucy didn't bother to say anything else on the way back, and surprisingly neither did Akemi. She seemed tired. Lucy turned up the music just enough to drown out most of any conversation happening in the backseats and took the long way home. I was only 10 minutes longer, but she found the country side roads to be a more relaxing drive.

19. - Top - End - #109

Post Final Mid Term Testing

As the final flash of light from Slim washed over Lucy's barrier, she could see the look of disappointment on the 8th graders face. He'd probably not expected her to hold out. Lucy began to walk over to the young Evo, still wearing her smirk from earlier. "Not half bad. I didn't have that much control of my abilities at your age." She grabbed the boy suddenly by the collar with one hand and playfully messed up his hair with the other. Then she let him go, took a step back, looked him once over, and laughed. "Keep practicing kid. I'll let you try again sometime." Lucy walked away, giving Slim and Ms.Irving a casual wave as she went.

Just as she was out of earshot, Lucy noticed Malcom walk over and talk to Slim as well. She could only guess at what he said, but she assumed it was either a congratulations on having a power Malcom envied, or some sort of Alpha Male territory dispute. She decided to slow her walking pace and allow Malcom to catch up to her.

"So, what was that all about? You're not trying to look out for me, are you?" Lucy didn't look at Malcom as she spoke and didn't make it clear what she was referring to. She was hoping that he would clue in on his own.

Common Space, Dinner With Akemi

Lucy was excited to receive Akemi's invitation after mid-terms and eagerly awaited the meet up. She decided to dress up for the occasion, seeing as she would assuredly be receiving a well earned surprise. After some deliberation, Lucy ended up wearing black pants, black boots, a charcoal sweater with a high collar, and her signature hair clip. Just as she was happy with her outfit and ready to head out the door, a sense on dread came over her.

Wait. What if I didn't win the wager? I completely botched the science test after all, what if it's a surprise study session? I'll look like a fool showing up in this! Oh no!

Lucy convinced herself she was over thinking things, and if she did fail to meet Akemi's criteria, she still didn't want to be late. She scooped up her bag and rushed off towards the common areas.

As Lucy arrived and saw what was going on, she offered to help. Akemi was having none of it though and insisted that she take a seat. Lucy wasn't going to protest, she was still sore from earlier and just having a seat and talking sounded great. As Lucy talked to Akemi and watched her at work, she began to feel like if she had helped, she would have only gotten in Akemi's way. Everything seemed so perfectly timed. Impressive. After what must have been at least an hour, seemingly gone by in an instant, Lucy found herself at a table filled with food. And not just any food, but an assortment of some of her favorite dishes cooked to perfection. She hadn't realized just how many different items Akemi was cooking until this moment. She stared at the food and then at Akemi, her jaw slightly ajar in awe.

"Wow. I. I don't know what to say." After closing her mouth and clearing her airways of rapidly accumulating saliva, she continued. "I mean, this looks AMAZING! 10 out of 10! I wasn't expecting this! Thank you so much!" Lucy can't help herself and crams a piece of sushi into her mouth. "The way to a girls heart is through her stomach. Or at least it is for me!" She adds jokingly as she begins her decent into a food induced coma.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yabex View Post
    "So, what was that all about? You're not trying to look out for me, are you?" Lucy didn't look at Malcom as she spoke and didn't make it clear what she was referring to. She was hoping that he would clue in on his own.
    Malcolm looks confused. He'd done what he was supposed to, why didn't she get that? "What? We're a team, I got your back, you got mine. Doesn't matter if it's here in on a mission. I...I kind of thought we were getting to be friends, and friends don't wait to be asked for help. Right? I mean, I don't...have a lot of experience having friends, but isn't that what you're supposed to do?"
    Last edited by Rhyvurg; 2017-08-09 at 09:21 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Dinner with Lucy

"Hey, thanks for coming," Akemi greets Lucy, followed by a quick glance at her outfit, causing a smile. "You're looking particularly lovely today. I'm liking it. I'm liking it a lot." Just barely got around dropping words like hot and alluring. Good thing she has her cooking to focus on, otherwise the acclimatization period would be awfully distracting with Lucy showing how sleek she can look when she wants to.

Once the food is on the table, Lucy's reactions are all the thanks and reward Akemi could want and more, making the girl smile happily and blush a little at the same time. "You earned it, Lucy. I used to cook dinner often for my mom and Deena before coming to the Academy, but I never really got to do that here until now."

She chuckles at Lucy's joke about the way to her heart, but also fails to keep her blush from deepening, her smile taking a slight detour towards the bashful. "I will keep that in mind..."

As they eat, chatting is probably coming a bit more from Akemi's side, along with appreciative chuckles at Lucy's continued amazement, especially when Akemi nudges her friend towards little ways to enjoy the various dishes even more with what she put on the table. The girl does internally sigh in relief, her educated guess about the dishes having proven correct. It also helps that she likes her own cooking.

Once all the dishes are finished (including the mousse au chocolat she retrieves from the fridge as dessert), there's a nice feeling of satiety, not too little, not too much (at least for Akemi). Beginning to clear the table a bit, as it is looking a little cluttered in the aftermath, Akemi stops at the sink for a moment, growing quiet.

"Hey, Lucy..." she begins, sounding down. "do I make you feel inferior?" Akemi doesn't look at Lucy, rather at the plates of a dinner that normally would have required months of advance reservations at one of the finest restaurants of the world, for truly horrendous sums. "It... happened to every close friend, boyfriend, and girlfriend I had outside of the Academy, sooner or later. They didn't say it most of the time, but I could see and feel that eventually, they felt small, stupid, and insignificant beside me, especially if I was dating them. Sure, there's some teenage insecurity and angst in there, but my last relationship crumbled when my then girlfriend descended into depression because she ended up feeling worthless, ugly, and undeserving, no matter what I tried to do or say." Her voice sounds even, but straining to remain as such, but her face speaks volumes of the memories lurking beneath the surface, however much she tries to keep them inside. Akemi has fallen silent, dreading Lucy's answer.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by userpay View Post
    Clara gives Keola a sheepish grin, the poor girl quite wet from the projected water rings. "My fault for being cocky I guess..." She shakes some of the water from her wings. "I've never really had to practice actually manuvering like that before. I mean, most birds can make do with straightish lines afterall. Add in waterlogged wings and as soon as I made a mistake more would come.
    "

Keola grins as well, then notices how soaked she had gotten. "Oh shoot, let me," and in a way of finishing his sentence he raises his hands, causing most of the water to levitate off of her wings and clothes. He wasn't good enough to precisely pull out the water like the way he had seen some of his masters do, but at least her feathers wouldn't be heavy.

"Ha, that makes sense," He says nonchalantly "But most birds aren't also pretty ladies learning how to fight crime, so I'm confident you'll get it eventually." He starts returning the water to the barrels as the whole event starts wrapping up. "Anyway, I'm just glad mid terms are through. I've never been to a school that has classes and tests like our history test, I feel like I need a stress relief day."
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

As the water is pulled out Clara can't help but giggle, wings quivering, as the droplets seep through her feathers. "Oh oh! That's strangely ticklish!" Once Keola finishes she gives an experimental flap of her wings. Not completely dry but much better than before. "Oh thank you! If I tried to do that I might get some off but spray others." The complement however catches Clara off-guard and she instinctively hides behind her wings. Clearly she isn't used to that sort of thing where she came from. "Ah... The t-tests. I don't know how I squeaked by... I just happened to remember a translated song of that period that helped me along..."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

"Huh, I wish I had known that song. How Akemi can digest books the way she does I'll never understand, but it's good to know there's more than one way to learn things."

He puts the barrels on his shoulders (thanks to being able to manipulate their contents) and carries them the short distance to their spot near the arena.

"Are you headed back up to the school too?" he says, waiting for her answer to walk back over.
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

"Well... Sometimes it's a matter of association. Like chewing a particular flavor of gum while studying then chewing it during the test to job your memory. For me music works much the same way along with the songs sometimes having information themselves." Clara looks down at her still slightly dampened clothing. "Yea I think I'll be heading back. Be nice to rest after all that."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Keola ponders it for a moment, then lightly shakes his head. "Huh, maybe I'll have to try that because I'm really not seeing how chewing gum helps your memory..."

As they walk back up to the school together, Keola's curiosity gets the better of him. He wants to ask about her powers, but figures it might be a little rude, especially if it isn't a happy story. Instead he settles on a more innocent thing he;s curious about. "So you said before you can speak to birds? What is that like? Do they have like... interesting things to talk about?"
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

Outside

Lucy smiled at Malcolm's response, the confused look on his face was priceless. It was nice to see him lightening up on the tough guy act a bit. The Malcom she saw today was nothing like the boy they rescued from the fighting pit. Lucy turned to look at Malcom, but kept her pace. "No, it's perfectly fine. You're exactly right, and I've got your back too. But I must say, it's a little unexpected. Aren't you worried that word will get out that you're getting soft? That the king of the ring is showing weakness?" Lucy is laughing at this point, trying to make the mood a happy one with jokes and comradery, perhaps a bit unsure if Malcolm appreciates the humor. She tones down the laughter and takes a step closer to Malcom. "Don't worry, I don't have many friends myself. I won't tell anyone." She punctuates her sentence with a wink, and with her barrier still up, gives Malcom a friendly punch on his shoulder. Lucy had expected an arc of lighting or two for her trouble, but was surprised to find her hand still felt a jolt of power. Note to self, don't do that again. Especially without your barrier up.

Dinner with Akemi

As the girls stuff their faces with food of the highest quality, Lucy couldn't help but think about the last time she had enjoyed herself so much. In fact, she doubted that she ever had. Great company and great food made for the best kinds of evenings. She devoured dishes left and right. Her eyes were bigger than her stomach to be sure, but so far it was keeping pace. She didn't let the conversation lull though and found herself talking when ever she didn't have food in her mouth, and sometimes when she did. When Akemi brought the mousse out of the fridge, Lucy involuntarily gasped. She hadn't had chocolate mousse since before everything changed and she hadn't realized how much she missed it until now. "Is that chocolate mousse?" She asked already knowing the answer. Her gaze remained locked onto the dessert until a portion had made its way within arms reach of her. She plunged a spoon into it and crammed it into her mouth before melting into her seat. "I think that's it. That's all I can fit. I throw in the towel." Lucy was now holding her hands on her belly. "I can't express how good that was! Thank you again Akemi. I'd gladly take midterms more often if this is how you celebrate, but maybe next time you can teach me a few dishes? I think it's fun to learn new recipes and cooking reminds me of home too. Maybe we can do something like make a new dish we've never tried every week when we get together to study?"

When Akemi paused at the sink and asked Lucy if she felt inferior, silence suddenly filled the room. Clearly this was something that had been on Akemi's mind, and Lucy's answer was important. She had to take a moment to think before answering, not about her feelings about the question, but to figure out what to say. It wasn't often in Lucy's life that another person had looked to her for comfort or reassurance. When she began to speak, she did so softly. Lucy was a bit afraid of giving the wrong response, but refused to let her friend down by not even trying. "Inferior? I guess it depends on what you mean. You're better at school than I am, you learn so fast that its impossible to keep up with you, I've seen you shoot nothing but bull's eyes in the target range, and you can cook like a Michelin star chef. You are the smartest person I've ever met and I don't believe there is anything you can't do if you put your mind to it." Lucy found herself standing from the table and making her way over to stand beside Akemi. "But none of that makes me feel inferior. I know that if I needed help with homework, target practice, cooking, or whatever, that you'll be right beside me to lend me a hand and teach me how to do it myself. That makes me feel empowered and lucky to know you. I've got the smartest girl in the world in my corner, so everyone else better watch out! Besides, if you're trying to say that you think you're better than me at everything, I've got a rude awakening in store for you. No one has beat me yet in the new street fighter and I dare you to try." Lucy tried to remain serious, but ended up trying to bring Akemi's usual self back with a smirk and a direct challenge.
    Last edited by Yabex; 2017-08-23 at 05:04 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yabex View Post
    Outside

Lucy smiled at Malcolm's response, the confused look on his face was priceless. It was nice to see him lightening up on the tough guy act a bit. The Malcom she saw today was nothing like the boy they rescued from the fighting pit. Lucy turned to look at Malcom, but kept her pace. "No, it's perfectly fine. You're exactly right, and I've got your back too. But I must say, it's a little unexpected. Aren't you worried that word will get out that you're getting soft? That the king of the ring is showing weakness?" Lucy is laughing at this point, trying to make the mood a happy one with jokes and comradery, perhaps a bit unsure if Malcolm appreciates the humor. She tones down the laughter and takes a step closer to Malcom. "Don't worry, I don't have many friends myself. I won't tell anyone." She punctuates her sentence with a wink, and with her barrier still up, gives Malcom a friendly punch on his shoulder. Lucy had expected an arc of lighting or two for her trouble, but was surprised to find her hand still felt a jolt of power. Note to self, don't do that again. Especially without your barrier up.
    Malcolm almost jumps when she touches him. "Jeeze, be careful! Metal will retain an electric charge after the source is gone, it might take me a while to ground all of this out." He does think about what she said though. Would people start to think he was soft? I mean, maybe, but he just showed a new power today, one he didn't have before. That should keep people guessing. Especially any would-be challengers. But he knew eventually someone was going to pick a fight. They always do.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Though maintaining a serene exterior, showing a lovely smile and a light blush, Lucy's praise makes Akemi feel all warm and fuzzy inside. "You are most welcome. And I'd love to add a bit of culinary exploration to our study sessions. I promise I won't practice beforehand."

The silence between her question and Lucy's answer fills Akemi with more and more dread, changing into a sinking feeling when she hears the first part of the answer, her shoulders noticably drooping. Only to be visibly stunned by the rest of the answer. After a moment or two, Akemi begins to laugh, even hiding her face in her hands, muffling the sound. The thought of this being another mindgame by Akemi (or that weird Mind-Akemi Lucy has in her head) crosses Lucy's mind, but she can read people enough to recognize that, no, that is not the case. "Oh, now you've done it." When Akemi shows her face again and wipes the corners of her eyes, she sees the look of absolute elation and happiness, swiftly transitioning into a tight hug.

"That's not what I meant, but I'd love to play a few rounds anyway," she says, though there is a lot more in those words than just accepting a challenge. Skipping right past hesitation, Akemi kisses Lucy on the cheek and lets her out of her hug. "Thank you, Lucy." And Akemi hopes that she has given Lucy something new to consider, something that has been on her friend's mind for a while now. And hopefully, it is something she finds to be as wonderful as it is new.

"But before that, I think we still need to take care of the dishes. And I'll need to switch into something more casual." It'll give both sides some time to think and cool down. Sure, how Lucy might ultimately react is a bit of a risk... but it's one Akemi is willing to take.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Benjamin Goodson is bored. Not an unusual state for him to be in, but his last game, a sort of detective story type game was getting pretty boring towards the end as he had figured out the conclusion. it had a few good twists in the beginning and middle, but nothing new at the finish. Yup, finished just like I thought.

Ben exhales loudly before turning of his portable system and dragging himself over to the desk to get his homework done. It's annoying, and there are parts he doesn't fully get, but after a few hours he calls it complete (even if there are a few suspected errors he thinks he'll scrape by with a bare pass) and sets it aside. He could probably get Akemi's help, but she'd actually have him do the work and study even harder, and why do that when he can likely pass with this anyways?

He heads over to NASA in a second to see if they have any work for him there. Nothing major like sending out probes to the edges of the universe like he's done a couple times in the past, but they're always glad to have him there and have some work for him to help out with. Teleportation allows for them to get supplies up to the stations in an instant and not cost millions of dollars. Any plans on colonization are still a far ways off, but with the potential of Ben's help they're putting some serious thought into it for very far off planets that have environs capable of sustaining human life.

After doing that for a bit he goes back and watches some shows for a bit. Right now he's watching his way through a popular fantasy story, which is alright, but he doesn't get what makes some people rave about it so. No Evo's in this story, though given the setting it makes sense. Some shows in more modern, standard settings don't include Evos either, which always makes Ben wonder about them. Are they just focusing on average everyday people more, or are they trying to avoid any mention or thought of Evo kind? And then there are the ones that have improbably high numbers of Evos given their circumstances, often found in comedies that use their 'powers' as gags and to set up contrived situations. Are they helping bridge the gap by showing common ground, or subtly making fun of them? Ben idly wonders about that before dropping the thought and focusing back on the show, which does have decent acting at least.

Ben also causally notes the going ons around the school with his spatial sense. He can't always tell who someone is exactly based on his sense verse and tell who they look like, but he's managed to get the teachers and everyone on the active team down, though for some like Stormwing it's easier than others, given the wings and how she's often flying about. Malcolm too, for that mater, even if he doesn't use them as much. The presences they have and how people react around them can also be a clue, but trying to pinpoint it with his spatial sense is... difficult. He knows he could train it more, get better at using that sense, but that smacks of effort. it might help on missions, but Ben's not certain he wants to do that, that much. He wants this team thing to look good on his resume, but he'd like to get off of it at some point soon if the missions keep on being this dangerous and confrontational. The difficulty is in doing that in such a way where he isn't seen as giving up (quitting the team) or volatile (kicked off the team), yet he still is asked to leave, so he can keep it as a nice mark on his resume and avoid the deadly battles.

After he's watched a few more episodes before yawning and deciding to volunteer a bit before he goes to bed. He volunteers by sending some relief packages around the world. Given how quickly and easily he can help the people, the government will use evos that can teleport or move extremely fast to deliver aid around the world. Ben even gets a pass that acts as a mini passport of sorts. For many countries connected to the UN, he can freely travel to them and ignore any boarders or issues like that to quickly deliver aid. Benjamin also uses it to go around and check out some of the sights around the world, go to different clubs and restaurants, etc. He's pretty sure that it isn't intended for that, but figures so long as he doesn't go poking around in countries like North Korea or sneak into government embassies or the like, it'll be fine (he tries to stick away from cameras anyways when he's out and about, and it's not like anyone can do much to physically stop him from travelling around). Mostly Ben sticks to Canada or America with his dual citizenship there, but he's still built up quite the photo collection from amazing sights and places around the world. Tonight he's feeling pretty tired, so after he sends the last of the packages he agreed to deal with today he just pops over to see the aurora borealis (he's seen it many times before but that doesn't stop it from being beautiful) for a minute before going to bed.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    This was just going through an average day in the life of Benjamin Goodson. Not sure if certain elements need to be altered or don't fit with worldbuilding/world status, but this is the rough outline of what it's like for him on a regular day