New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: (INC) Bellows of War- Crafting Thread Part II

She smiled even wider, his eyes lit with starlight as she saw Karmargals claws. She carefully took one at at time, and seemed to groom them of any debre from having walked the streets. She glanced up and saw that Karmargal was intentive when she said the word food. He definitly knew the word.

"You are such a smart kitty!"

She sets the Tigers paw down and begins scratching his ears, leaning close and kisses the tigers Nose.

"So cute too! lets go get you some food!"

She turns to find a place that would sell meat that Karmargal would like.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Bartleby leaned over to whisper to the Professor.

Spoiler: Whisper whisper
    Show

"If ten is the best we can manage, I suggest all the weapon smiths and five ring forgers. Lets try for fifteen. And I know Princess Minerva said they were low on magic dust, but magical fortifications like that of the Guardian Oak might convince someone. Remember how they used the tree against us and they were protected against fire."
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-01-18 at 08:37 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

3. - Top - End - #663
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Markham View Post
    Redmane closes her eyes for a moment- she appears to be doing math. Then she announces, "First of all, the good General stated 20 as his maximum- that is, without increasing security on those already here. Furthermore, have you run the figures for Lilygrove funding 20 crafters? They would have supplies for 50 days of crafting each. It is my estimate that within 3 real-world days, we would be forced to supplement their incomes. You will have to do better than 'some objects made of elven wood' to justify such an investment."

Redmane begins pacing. Stenxilkeet speaks up, "She does make a good point, Professor Rosseforp. One must consider supply and demand! If you wish Elven goods to supply the domestic market, why, it's very important that those goods be ones that are needed! Pray tell, sir, can you be more specific about what specialties these 20 will have, and what specific goods they will supply in the city proper?"

Redmane turns on her heel to snap at Stenxilkeet, "I have not yet committed to 20! I think 10 would be a more reasonable number, so we can keep better security."

Stenxilkeet waves off Redmane's statement, "Yes, dear, we'll talk about it in a moment. I wish to be dazzled with the good Professor's insight into our economic needs! Pray tell, sir!" Stenxilkeet grins at Xerex hopefully.
    Xerex took a few moments to think things over before responding, "Well Lady Redmane, Lord Stenxilkeet, it is my understanding that one of the main issues for the civilian market is lack of potions, which many of our crafters have as a secondary specialty. Also the construction indurstry could use the aid of magical items. Boons to strength, body, and carrying capacity are all possible. Even more so, considering the Solkari's love of fire, fire-resistant material for protecting Goldenrod's homes may be in order. I've also noticed the specter of food or water shortage may approach and we can use magic to supplement Goldenrod's needs in that department as well." He also turned to Hobbleton, "I also know how important the military's needs are. After all, if the lines fall, the economy will quickly become a moot point. I therefore propose again the 20, with half devoted to military needs, and the other half devoted to civilian needs. In addition, since you brought the lack of items for the general population to my attention, I will have the Triple Golden Alliance also devote at least half of their work to the civilian market. We've recently been able to increase the production rate of the Crafter's Hall and also can mass produce multiples of the same item simultaneiously. Something that wasn't possible earlier."

Spoiler: diplomacy check
    Show
    (1d20+11)[27]

Spoiler: sense motive check
    Show
    (1d20+7)[14]
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Stenxilkeet smiles. "Now there's a few good ideas! Construction eh? There's a niche market, but a good idea. Our good Professor cares about the common man's market; no frippery for him!"

Redmane crosses her arms across her chest. Hobbleton speaks up, "I think we should table the idea of fire-resistant buildings for the moment. If the Solkari get close enough to the city to launch that kind of attack, we'll likely already have failed to defend the kingdom."

Redmane nods. "That's fine, General. Now, your 20. Potions and food are essential services; while crucial to maintain, these will do little to keep our economy going. But if that is your offer of where to devote Lilygrove's resources, it IS a useful one. However, I still disagree with the number. If nothing else, if Lilygrove wishes us to sponsor 20 crafters, even if a goodly number of them are only making potions, Goldenrod will require a greater investment of resources on the part of Lilygrove, or a commitment to provide or collect further resources for their own crafters to use once the initial allotment has been used up. If you can secure that commitment, I will agree to your 20."

"In the meantime, and as part of this arrangement, I will require a meeting with your...crafting coalition...to discuss and secure their agreement to provide for the civilian market. And in all this, SOMEONE has to provide products for the nobility. Getting them to spend their money is key to the future economic stability of Goldenrod."

Stenxilkeet says, "Sylvia, why don't we call it a day? That sounds like a solid framework for an agreement, provided Lilygrove agrees, and we'll need to make arrangements."

Redmane sighs, "Very well. If that is agreeable to you, Professor?"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai leads Karmargal, his hand on the tiger the entire time, rubbing, holding fur. She takes them to vendors near the merchant district and purchased a couple lbs of cooked meat of various types, Chicken, Lamb, Beef, Deer. She is very slow and gentle with feeding Karmargal, showing Karmargal when it comes to treats, that he will get them, and he can be gentle when taking them from her hand. (Spend 20 Gp)

She scratches Karmargal behind the ears and gives him a kiss on the nose before leading him around the town until she finds the library.

"Oh my prescious feline... my cutesy kitty, they have a library."

She goes into the library and speaks with the librarian who seems wide eyed over the feline.

"This is Karmargal. He is such a big good kitty. Hes gonna help me do some research. I need help finding information on Ion Stones, where could I look that up?"

The librarian looks unnerved at the idea but points to the aisle and gives instructions on where to find them. Sai pulls several books from the shelves and looks at Karmargal. She sits in a chair in front of him. When he sits, she slides off the chair and cuddles on the floor, leaning against Karmargal, opening the books, reading and learning about the theorum behind Ion Stones.

(1d20+28)[34] Spellcraft
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

6. - Top - End - #666

RedWizardGuy

Xerex bowed his head in respect, "That is agreeable, yes, Lady Redmane. Thank you for your time and paitience in this matter. Thank you too General Hobbleton and Lord Stenxilkeet. I truly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you all on this matter. If you'll excuse me, I'll need to inform Lilygrove and my own group of the terms of our agreement." With another bow he left and headed back to the Maker's Alliance where the minor noble was earlier so he could compose another message for the princess.

Spoiler: Elven
    Show
    "Greetings once again friend. I must ask for your services as a courier one more time to inform our lady the results of my negotiations," he said.
    Spoiler: Letter to Minerva
    Show

My dearest Princess Minerva,

First, I wish to express my deepest appreciation for the confidence you and your brother have shown in me during these talks. While I have had minor experience in negotiating for various resources for the Collegium, negotiating on behalf of an entire nation is a different matter entirely. I'll admit to some apprehension, but knowing what was at stake, I performed this duty to the best of my ability. Now to discuss the results.

I managed to convince Goldenrod to accept twenty crafters from Lilygrove, provided that after the initial allotment of resources you told me about is used up, Lilygrove can continue to provide or collect future resources to contribute. I also require that our crafters, in addition to military resources, work on civilian needs such as food, and various potions. Because Lady Redmane insisted on providing something for the nobilty to continue funding, I will speak to my own colleagues on refocusing some of our efforts on that end while Lilygrove's crafters can work on the projects I just mentioned. It is my hope that these terms are acceptable and we can iron out an official agreement soon.

Once again, thank you for your faith in me, I hope that I justified it.

Your humble servant,

Professor Xerex Rosseforp.
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2017-01-23 at 09:55 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Bartleby followed the Professor as he left the meeting. "Well done, Professor. You handled yourself well." He complimented.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

8. - Top - End - #668

RedWizardGuy

"Thank you my friend," the professor replied to Bartleby, "Now we just need to go meet with the others and tell them what we need them to do. I hope they'll be receptive to the idea of shifting their focus on a few projects." He then turned to the minor noble,
    Spoiler: Elven
    Show
    "Please have the reply sent to the Crafter's Hall. That's where we'll be for a while."

Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Bartleby nodded to the Professor. "I was thinkin' of shiftin' my focus back to the war effort for a bit. My work on Billy's spear is expensive but interesting. The spear has... a mind of it's own. More accurate to say her own."
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-01-23 at 11:29 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

10. - Top - End - #670

RedWizardGuy

"That seems to happen to you a lot, Bartleby," Xerex chuckled as they continued walking, "Think 'she' will give Prince Alloishus trouble, or will she be cooperative?"
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Bartleby grinned. "Oh Prince Al will be fine. Master Bill, however, will have his hands full." Bartleby tried to hold in a laugh, but failed.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

12. - Top - End - #672
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

The elven noble nods, takes the letter, and leaves.

Sai spends some time in the library doing research.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

13. - Top - End - #673

RedWizardGuy

Xerex joined in his friend's laughter, "then again the dagger I made for Trelane may freak him out, it's not technically alive, but it sure looks like it! Not much else to do except wait for the others to let them know what happened. Maybe in the morning."
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2017-01-26 at 10:14 PM.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Perhaps we will see them again. It is still early. Well, back to it then. This war isn't going to win itself." Bartleby replied with a grin, heading back to his workshop.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-01-26 at 10:18 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

15. - Top - End - #675
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol didn't know enough about the nobles to find them. He wandered around the noble district for a while before deciding he needed to ask around. With a sigh, he cast Guidance on himself and then started asking around, picking people who looked like they were servants, since servants typically knew all the good gossip and were fairly willing to share. He also asked any guards or soldiers he saw, since the nobles he was looking for were involved with the military.
    Diplomacy (+1 Guidance): (1d20+8)[11]
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Crafting Quarters, Late Afternoon

Bartleby and Xerex head back to the Crafting Spire after the negotiations. They spend some time discussing the results and reviewing what they said. Meanwhile, Sai has achieved a deeper understanding of the nature of Ioun Stones, and Kamyol has spent several hours canvassing the Noble District.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

17. - Top - End - #677
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai finishes her research for the afternoon before stretching out leaning against the soft warm fur of Karmargal. She snuggles into him for a few moments before sighing.

"You are simply the Best, But I need to head back."

She sighes as she gets up, and scratches Karmargal behind her ears with both her hands, bringing his large head into a hug. She hums gently as she hugs him.

"Lets go back to the crafting area, we have work to do"

She places her book back and heads back to crafting, Karmargal in Tow. She makes a Detour and gets Karmargal more Treats and feeds him a little more, nuzzling him again afterward before arriving at the Crafting Spire.
    Festival of Heroes:

18. - Top - End - #678

RedWizardGuy

When Xerex finally returned to the Crafting Spire, Stripe was there eagerly waiting for him. He bent down and held his hand open for the little skunk which quickly rushed into his embrace and climbed onto his shoulder, nuzzling the elf's cheek.

"Boss! You're back!" he shouted mentally.

"Yes my friend, I'm back," Xerex smiled closing his eyes, a little overwhelmed, "I'm sorry I got us into that bad situation earlier, and I'm sorry it took me so long to get back here to you."

"Don't let it happen again!" his familiar scolded him, causing the wizard to chuckle a little.

"Yes Stripe, I promise I'll be much more careful in the future." the professor replied. He then noticed Sai and Kamargal and chuckled even more, "Oh boy...Stripe, get ready to get the stuffing hugged out of you! We have a new friend and she is very fond of animals."

"Should I be scared?" Stripe asked nervously.

'If Kamargal likes her, I think she's safe," Xerex mentally smirked, then turned to the newcomer, "Hello again Sai. I'd like you to meet my familiar, Stripe. He's very friendly and has been my constant companion for years now."
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2017-01-27 at 11:06 AM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #679
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai stopped and bowed to the professor and as he introduced the familiar she gave a short squeel and picked up Stripes, Tenderly and began to hug and pet his soft fur.

"I dont know you have a baby badger! He is so cute! how do you get him to stay so small! do you use a spell to keep him so adorable?"

Her hands are not rough with stripe, but they seem to be seeking out where stripe likes to be pet and stroked. She glances back to Karmargal.

"Im glad ive been feeding Kargmargal so he doesnt think this little baby is possible food... or do they know each other?"
    Festival of Heroes:

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

Kamargal flopped down on the floor and made a show of ignoring everyone. He began washing his fore paws and chewing the old claw sheaths off. His tail thumped and twitched on the floor. Despite appearances, Kamargal was alert for signs of any threats to Sai, ears swiveling slowly as he listened carefully to everything that was going on, or for certain keywords he knew the meaning of.
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Bartleby held a heavy mace in his hand proudly. "I have finished Billy's spear. It took much work and time, but she has come out nicely. However, much of my stipend is gone. If anyone needs or wants help with a project, I am available."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

22. - Top - End - #682

RedWizardGuy

Xerex let out a very hearty laugh at the suggestion that Kamargal would think of Stripe as food, "Trust me Sai, even if they didn't know each other, which they do, Kamargal would be very foolish to try to eat Stripe. I guess he's related to the badger family but he's a separate species we call a 'skunk.' The smaller size and coloration is normal for an animal like him, but what really distinguishes them is the fact that they can spray an extremely unpleasant odor when provoked, so most predators avoid them like the plague! But don't worry, Stripe likes you. We have a special magical bond that lets us communicate telepathically and right now he's definitely enjoying your attention."
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #683
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai smiled and continued to rub Stripe until Bartelby showed up. She gently handed Stripe back and presented herself before bartelby.

"Master Dwarf. I have prepared something to repay you for your acts earlier."

She pulled forth a Forge Hammer, marked with Strange Foreign Language and runes.

"It should greatly assist you in Crafting Armor and Weapons."

((ForgeMasters Hammer, Durable, Double HP, +10 to Craft Armor Smith, +10 to Craft Weapons))
    Festival of Heroes:

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Bartleby was awed as he took the hammer. "Thank you very much, Sai! This should make things easier for me."
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-01-27 at 10:53 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

25. - Top - End - #685
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai bowed again before bartleby.

" If only our kappa Buford were here, I would speak with him."
    Festival of Heroes:

26. - Top - End - #686

RedWizardGuy

"Well I would speak with everyone, so I think we should wait until more show up anyways," Xerex said.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

A guard climbs up from the basement labs into the lobby. He blinks, then approaches Sai. "Mistress Sai, Mrs. Landingham sent me to seek you out. She can not leave the spire at the moment, but she says she has some questions about your offer for a tattoo. Do you have time to speak with her now? I can let her know you're here."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai bows reverently to the Guard.

"Of course, I could follow you to speak with her, and answer her questions before the remaining crafters gather for a meeting of sorts."

She raises up respectful, and keeps her head tilted down in gracious honor for the guard.

"Please, lead the way"
    Festival of Heroes:

29. - Top - End - #689
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

The guard leads Sai downstairs to the familiar opening area. Landingham is sitting at her desk keeping a vigil. She occasionally shuffles some papers around. When Sai approaches, Landingham gives her her full attention. Politely but formally, she says, "Could you please explain your tattoo of True Seeing would function? How long would it take to create, and are there any restrictions to its use?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

30. - Top - End - #690
    Troll in the Playground

Kamargal got up and followed Sai when she left the room and sat down behind her when she stopped, and began washing his face.

A moment later, Kamyol returned to the crafting hall. He looked like he was lost in thought, an almost pensive frown on his face.
    Show

Show