New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1227
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: (INC) Bellows of War- Crafting Thread Part II

Bartleby took a look at the note and studied it.

Linguistics
    (1d20+12)[29]

"The underline was recently added to this ad and with different ink than the rest." he pointed out.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-11-15 at 11:31 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

At Kamyol's question, the girl adopts a completely blank face. "Do you have a response?" she asks blankly.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As they are opening the letter, reading what was written Sai tilts her head to see the back of the note.

"Hey... Guys... The back... could that be a lead for what we are looking for with... our recent business?"

She points to the note.

"Raythiel"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Raythiel...hmm...." Xerex adjusts his glasses and ponders in thought if that name sounded familiar.

Knowledge (Local) check: (1d20+13)[29]
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2017-11-16 at 12:33 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol gave Sai a strange look, taken aback by the way she stated what he thought was obvious as if it were a revelation. He blinked and looked back at the messenger girl, frowning. Sense motive: (1d20+10)[19]
    "A response? To an ad?" he asked dryly. "There's no query in this note, unless I'm missing it. If I knew who was giving us this oh-so-convenient nudge, I might have something to say. I know Trelane is, or at least was in the Guild," he said, not mentioning which guild, but putting meaning to it in the way he subtly, respectfully, emphasized it, "and nomads are no strangers to the Guild of any city we travel to." Kamyol nodded at Nihisk as he spoke.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: DM only
    Show
    (1d20+5)[16]

The girl says, "It's customary for a messenger to ask if there's a reply. I don't know the contents of the message. I don't assume." She hangs her head even more, basically speaking to the floor.

(1d20+5)[21]
    Spoiler: If 15 or higher, Kamyol
    Show
    You see the girl nod her head ever so slightly upon your mention of the Guild. You realize she is subtly acknowledging you.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol raised an eyebrow at the girl, having doubts, sure she wasn't being totally forthcoming. But he nodded, recognizing the subtle acknowledgement. He understood why she was being secretive. He thought carefully about what he might say in return. He needed to thank the Guild without giving them opportunity to call in a debt.
    "Well, I suppose send our gratitude, and inform them I will let Trelane know they're still around and he should probably check in," he said, a touch of wryness at the end.
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

The girl nods, then grins and says, "That'd be smart!" The girl runs off, leaving the table with its two notes.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai looks to the group.

"So...does anyone have an idea of what we should do next? Did anyone find any leads? or... is this name...Raythiel, our next lead?"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Troll in the Playground

"The caravan was a dead end. They haven't traded the herb externally, and claimed everyone who bought the herb within the caravan recently was accounted for. So either they have nothing to do with it, or they're covering their tracks too well for me to discern it. So unless you guys have any news from your own investigations, it seems this flyer is our only lead. But we should be careful. I have a hunch where this came from, but I don't know how they knew we needed this tip. It concerns me to think we've been observed. We need to be more careful what we say in public. Obviously there are ears around picking things up. Just because they were friendly this time, doesn't mean they will be next time," Kamyol said.
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

The group finishes lunch and proceeds into the slums. They follow the directions on the flyer and arrive at Raythiel's shop, which is a small, run down shack in the northeastern part of the slums. There are no identifying marks on the shack that indicate this is a business. Still, subtle signs on the roads indicate that this area is somewhat well traveled and maintained.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai enters her stance Ready The Draw, her thumb tilts her scabbard forward as she watches the area, still in her red Kimono from earlier that day, Her silver hair unleashed to cascade behind her back.

"well my friends... I am at the ready. Whats the plan?"
    Festival of Heroes:

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"The direct approach?" Xerex suggested, "They did technically invite us," he pointed out.
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Troll in the Playground

"Not exactly," Kamyol said dryly. "We don't know who sent us the tip. May or may not be Raythiel themselves. But people don't usually put out advertisements for their business if they don't want people showing up to said business. We may or may not be expected, but we are, theoretically, customers and should be pretty welcome. I rather doubt it's a trap, but if my sister were here, she would very much encourage caution, so, it doesn't hurt to be prepared..." The lad glanced over his shoulder and smiled. He reached back and scratched the side of Kamargal's jaw, gently tugging the enormous black tiger forward as he scratched. He somewhat awkwardly led the tiger up to the door, and tugged downward.

Kamargal obligingly flopped over, looking extremely contented to just laze about on the sidewalk. He blinked his bright blue eyes at Kamyol slowly, whiskers twitching upward in such a way as to give the great cat a smug expression.

With Kamargal so prominently displayed at his side, Kamyol bolstered the confidence to rap smartly on the door. He took a step back and rested his hand on the top of Kamargal's head and waited to see if his knock would be answered.
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

After a few moments, the door opens a crack. Kamyol can see a hazel eye looking at him and Kamargal, then bouncing to those behind him. "What do you want?" says a ragged voice.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Troll in the Playground

"Are you Raythiel?" Kamyol asked. "We saw a flyer..."

Kamargal rolled into a more upright position, but remained laying down. He cocked his ears forward, nostrils flaring, more alert now in the presence of an unknown. Perception+scent: (1d20+7)[16]
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

"A flyer?!?" the voice barks. "A flyer for what...?" There is an air of expectation about the question.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Troll in the Playground

"Well it said 'anything you seek' could be found, and listed this address. So are you Raythiel? May we enter your shop and see your wares?" Kamyol inquired.
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

The eye narrows. "You're not from around here, are you? Not one of my regulars either. But you found the flyer...why don't you tell me your business, and I'll let you know if I have what you're looking for."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol took a moment to consider how to answer. He raked a hand through his shaggy hair.
    "No, I'm not from around here. I'm not from anywhere. I'm a nomad. An oracle. I've dabbled in alchemy a bit here and there, mostly in making potions now. I'm interested in whatever rare and unusual ingredients you might have," he said finally.
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Bartleby stroked his beard. "We are small group of craftsmen." the dwarf said.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-12-14 at 10:20 AM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

"That's a very nice excuse, lad. But seriously, what do you want?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol crossed his arms, eyes narrowing. "Look, do you want our business or not?" he asked, sounding slightly exasperated. "You're the one who's advertising! And if you have the kinds of things your flyer implied, why the heck do you expect prospective customers to discuss their needs out in the open where they could be overheard and find themselves in trouble?" On a whim, Kamyol lifted his hand as if waving it in annoyance, but he was really flashing his clan's hand sign.
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai looked to be getting frustrated, this going back and forth with no result. Neither moving.

"Excuse me honorable Buisness Man, I believe what we both seek is..."

Sai took a step forward but she blinked out of existance (Fading Leap) She reapeared just behind the man, on the other side of the door, Still facing the same way, her back to him, looking inside his room.

"..Some Transparency"

She Inhaled as she smelled the room.

"I believe you to be akin to... Yakuza of my home. a man of Buisness."

She pulled from her purse, 10 Platinum coins and rubbed them as she let them flip around in her palm.

"May I convince you to open your shop, and help us hunt what we are seeking?"
    Festival of Heroes:

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

With a grunt, the eye disappears from the window, turning around to face Sai. Then she speaks, and from outside, nothing can be heard for a moment. Then the voice says, "Now you're speaking my language." There is a sound of clinking coins, then a chuckle. The door opens, revealing an aged man. He wears dirty robes, and has grey hair and a hunchback. He beckons the group inside, then shuts the door.

Inside is a nearly empty, undecorated hut. To the immediate left of the door is a dirty cot, and in the back of the room is a wood stove. The man, presumably Raythiel, locks the door behind you. "Your lord must be new to this, if he didn't know to give you the proper code phrase. I will pay good coin if you tell me their name. Information is always an exotic good."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai Shifts her stance to (Spirit Hunting Stance). Sniffing the air again.

"We... are not interesting in selling, but In buying today."

She tilts her head as she follows the scent of Herbs in the room.

"But tell me... who did your hair dye and fake hump?... I could make you better perhaps?... But I would have expected perhaps you could have gotten better over the decades... young elf?"

She seems to shake her head again, sniffing the air... seeking out a specific scent.

"But i suppose... I could pay you very well for some names. As they are.... an exotic good. and you deal in... Exotic Goods...."
    Festival of Heroes:

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Troll in the Playground

Kamyol sighed in resignation and entered the shop. He began looking around, keeping an eye out for the Indigo Dreams, and paused to study the proprietor in particular after Sai's comments. Perception: (1d20+11)[14]
    Now that he had a clear enough view, he tried to get a sense of what kind of person the other man was. Sense motive: (1d20+10)[19] Size up: (1d20+9)[20]
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

The hunchback sighs, then straightens up slightly. "I thought you were here for alchemical ingredients. Kindly make up your mind."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sai walks over to the cot and takes a moment to pay that area some particular attention.

(1d20+16)[36] Perception

Spoiler: DM
    Show
    If Sai is able to see a door/latch/way to open beneath the cot, she will open the entry

"Oh, I am interested in your Alchemical ingredients, but when you made mention of information and names, you peeked my interest. But first, The herbs. Indigo Dreams I believe they are called, yes?"
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Sai leans down and examines the floor underneath the cot. The man starts slightly as indigo dreams is mentioned. "It's indigo dreams you seek? A powerful ingredient, and not a cheap one. I hope your Lord..." The man trails off as Sai pries open a trap door underneath the cot. The room fills with the smell of various plants as an underground chamber is revealed full of plants. Raythiel stands up fully, allowing his fake hunchback to fall to the floor, and points a finger at Sai. "You will cease breaking into my goods or you will be made to regret it," in a more quiet, but firm voice.
    Show

DM of Twinborn