New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Default Dyer's Absalom Beguiled IC

Absalom Beguiled

The powerful lords and factions of Absalom are all aware of the complex, interconnected nature of control within the city. Even though no nation is currently besieging Absalom, trade is good, money flows through the city’s coffers, and Lord Gyr holds enough power to guarantee no one openly opposes him, it should never be thought that Absalom is at peace, or even safe. There is an ever-raging conflict between the factions that wish to hold the influence to rule Absalom from behind the scenes. To control Absalom is to control the Inner Sea, and no nation on Golarion or organization within it is ignorant of that fact. Lord Gyr may rule, but his decisions are based on what he believes is necessary to protect the people and wealth of Absalom. If a faction can gain enough agents, spies, saboteurs, allies, and gold to shape what Lord Gyr believes is needful, then it, at least for a time, controls Absalom.
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2016-11-18 at 04:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Dyer's Absalom Beguiled IC

18 Neth, 4716

Oberon: A gentle Fall wind blows through the Grand Bazaar as Oberon is approached by merchant barkers, one after another. The hundreds of stalls, canopies, pavilions, and stages are aligned in the best example of organized chaos in Absalom. Anything one could want, or almost, can be found here. It is late afternoon, a few hours from sunset and Oberon comes face-to-face with a familiar face. Dressed in white with a heavy fur pelt resting on his shoulder, the man recognizes Oberon from within the crowd. He speaks with an exuberance that is harmful to the ears; O B E R O N! how long has it been? The man is Tyson Morillo.

Maria: Business is slow for the Lions Pride on this Fall afternoon, which is not unusual for this time of day. Patrons are sure to flood in when the markets slow down and thirst grows among the populace. Some come for the revels and others come to forget the problems that plague them when the sun is up. Maria does have one patron, Scab — a half orc, stone mason who's been injured for more than a month. Scab will likely spend his last penny on honey mead, sitting at the same corner table. It would take an earthquake to wake the half orc as he currently slumbers. The tiny brass bell rings as the door opens to the tavern. A female half elf walks in and takes a seat at the bar. Her hair is raven-black and she wears light, leather armor with a rapier on her waist.

Father Roark: Leaves of red, brown, and yellow fall around Father Roark as he sits on the white stone steps leading into his church. A few residents are on the streets enjoying their afternoon. Most if any, do not acknowledge the priest of Sarenrae, instead moving forward pondering their own concerns. Absalom is not a city of pleasantries and polite exchange — nothing out of the ordinary. Father Roark notices a young, Varisian woman walking alone. She is wearing casual robes with no distinction and she does not appear to be armed. Once the woman is parallel with the steps of the church, Father Roark notices that she is clearing being followed by a couple of unkempt ruffians wearing the same black cloaks. One holds a dagger in his right hand.

Dyrianna: Why, thank you. a patron at the Tea House remarks as Dyrianna delivers her order. The lady is charming, elderly and likely a wealthy widow. She has been kind to Dyrianna during her serving with the two mostly discussing the nicer weather Absalom has experienced this week. Walking outside to the elevated patio of the Tea House, there is a new patron at one of Dyrianna's tables. Most of those that visit this sparse cafe would be considered regular customers. Even those that are not clearly look as though they belong in Green Ridge. This man is older, with long grey hair pulled into a ponytail. He has numerous tattoos and his clothes are well worn, tattered, and dirty. His face is wrinkled, stern, and bitter.
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2016-11-19 at 03:43 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

18 Neth, 4716

Rufus: Sitting inside The Doxy Pub & Grub, Rufus has a view of some of the most vile citizens in all of Absalom. The Doxy is only second to The Grog Pit as the most infamous watering hole in the Docks. Sailors and dockmen flow in and out for the tavern's home-brewed spiced ale and perhaps one of Absalom's best dishes, Doxy's Fish & Chips. In fact, most will dare eat anything else served from this establishment since you never know who's working the kitchen on a given day. Two men approach the table where Rufus is seated. Both are similarly dressed in black leather with short swords, one with a pistol. One has a black beard with a prominent scar across his face. The other is a young man wearing a wide brimmed hat. Are you Rufus?, the young man asks, Sliver sent us.

Alice: Waiting for her next appointment, Alice stares out of her window to the Sourwood tree that dominates her view. The tree shines with hues of crimson and deep yellow as its wispy foliage dances in the wind. This day has seemed to drag on. Alice's first appointment was a no-show. A woman Alice had spoken to a week or so ago who's husband had vanished in Green Ridge was supposed to return for a follow up visit. Hopefully, she too had not disappeared. Time would tell. As Alice was about to call it a day and enjoy what remained of her afternoon, three knocks rapped on her door. Walking in her office was not her appointed guest but a tall, handsome youth in fine clothing. Hello, pardon any intrusion, my name is Leonel. My brother made this appointment under his name, Agudo.

Berengir Lok: The back streets of the Coins, just blocks from the Lion's Pride, isn't somewhere that any resident in Absalom would typically find themselves, morning or night. With a face like Berengir's and being a half orc, the wizard is not out of place. Orphans run these streets and many have formed gangs that rival the worst in Absalom. A cling, then a clang stops Berengir in his tracks as a few coins drop from his pockets. Perhaps its simply a hole that needs mending, but this brings some unwanted attention. Three youth ease from a nearby alley in front of Berengir. These young lads are armed with club, short spear, and hand axe. Their appearance is that of filth and poverty, typical for this area. The tallest kid steps up; You there, ya big ugly. Yeh, you. We'll be taking all ya silver weight and pennies.

Dr. Archibald Bishop: Archibald wakes as the scroungy-looking goblin, Foo rolls his boot back and forth on the Doctor's shoulder. Git up cha kraze wank! Yer inda skreet! As Archibald's eyes clear from the grey blur he realizes that Foo is correct. His pants are wet from having urinated in them. His socks and boots are wet from resting in the lowest part of the street. The taste in his mouth is foul and salty. There is a small wound on the back of his left hand from some type of sharp object. Not a single coin remains in his possession — thankfully he travels light. Then there's the dirt and fall leaves resting all upon him. Git up!, Foo exclaims again. In this moment, a member of the First Guard appears, strong and confident; What's happening here? Who are you and why are you in back of the Perfumer’s?
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2016-11-19 at 04:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Rufus

Rufus looks up as the two men approach the table. His head was still throbbing from the night before and the rats piss ale in front of him was barely touched, so tender was his stomach. His hands however were as steady as they normally were despite the rumpled clothes, unshaven face and bleary eyes. His eyes dart around the Doxy looking for any more trouble as he considers his answer. He had been an associate of Sliver - there were no real friends in the street gangs - before he had gone sailing and had looked up his old colleague since he'd returned to the cess pit of a city. Looking up at the men he pushes out a chair for the bearded one. "I might be, depends. What does he want with me?"

Spoiler: Status
    Show

Hp 11/11
    AC 17 (flat 13 touch 14)
    Saves +3/6/2
    Perception +6

Last edited by DrK; 2016-11-20 at 02:55 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Father Roark

Roark grits his teeth as he spots the cloaked figures, and begins formulating his plan. He has watched enough thugs stalk the innocent to know what they were doing, and knew what would happen were he not to intervene. If he were to stop their pursuit, with any luck he would never see either them or the woman again, and no more would come of it. But he knows that things are rarely so simple in Absalom. And to put a stop to them, he has to look the part.

Ensuring the figures aren't looking at him, he brushes his hair frantically with his bare hands, causing his neat grey hair to turn wild and dishevelled. In an instant he steps into the path of the two ruffians, arms outstretched in overeager greeting, a battered copy of The Birth of Light and Truth in one hand. “GENTLEMEN! The Dawnflower blesses us all with this fine day!” He projects his voice with the force of a fire-and-brimstone preacher, hoping not only to startle them and stall their progress, but also alert the woman to his - and their - presence. “The doors to her church are always open to friends and strangers alike!”

Show
    Hp 13/13
    AC 14 (flat 14 touch 10)
    Saves +4/0/6
    Perception +5

I'm not sure what kind of skill check this would take (bluff?), but let me know what I need to roll
    Last edited by Hella Lugosi; 2016-11-19 at 08:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Berengir Lok

Berengir trudged into the alley, thinking about her again. That face, her smell, the smile that could take him away for a day. Damn he missed her. Instead, he got a dark alley, the smell of rotted garbage, and a rainy drizzle. Just as it should be, he thought, when he heard it, the cling, and then the clang, the coin rolling slowly into the muck, that old deja vu, just as he had been dreamin', for the last three nights. That was the problem with being a diviner, you knew the suck was comin', and you knew you couldn't do much about it. Still, Berengir smiled as he looked up at the three expected faces. He gave them his best toothy grin, fangs and tusks and all. Halfways, he hoped they'd beat the snot out of him, maybe then he could stop thinking about her. Maybe it would feel good to lay in the trash and rain and bleed a while, not thinking about nothing but the new pain. Maybe not.
    Berengir took out one of his smokes, hand rolled in scrollpaper, and lit it, with his thumb

You boys best scram, it's a school night.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Used spark to light the butt.
    Intimidate: (1d20+3)[7]
    Knowledge (Local) to identify the boys gang/whose turf this is? (1d20+11)[28]

Berengir Lok
    Wiz1 (Diviner)
    AC: 14
    Init: +3
    HP: 8/8
    Move Action: 5 foot step back
    Standard Action: Light a smoke with style
    Free: Intimidate punks and discern their origins
    Spells:
    0: Spark, Detect Magic, Ray of Frost
    1: Heightened Awareness, Colorspray, Sleep
    Effects: None (Smokin)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Alice, 18 Neth, 4716

Spoiler: DM Quote
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DyerMaker View Post
    Waiting for her next appointment, Alice stares out of her window to the Sourwood tree that dominates her view. The tree shines with hues of crimson and deep yellow as its wispy foliage dances in the wind. This day has seemed to drag on. Alice's first appointment was a no-show. A woman Alice had spoken to a week or so ago who's husband had vanished in Green Ridge was supposed to return for a follow up visit. Hopefully, she too had not disappeared. Time would tell. As Alice was about to call it a day and enjoy what remained of her afternoon, three knocks rapped on her door. Walking in her office was not her appointed guest but a tall, handsome youth in fine clothing. Hello, pardon any intrusion, my name is Leonel. My brother made this appointment under his name, Agudo.

If the fact that the man (?) at the door is not her appointed guest irritates her, she doesn't show that. If her client required that degree of secrecy, so be it. She quickly closes the door behind the man, pointing at a large wooden wardrobe next to it. "I am Alice, it is nice to meet you, Sir. Please, take a seat over there." She points through a door to a group of two chairs that stand in front of a big desk in the presumably biggest room of the house. Behind the desk is another chair with its back to the wall, presumably the one she usually takes a seat in. "May I offer you something to drink? Water? Applejack?" The furniture in this room is mostly spartan; a few closed sideboards here and there with oil lamps on them. The desk features only a small stack of parchments, a vial of ink and a pen, a simple oil lamp, and a jar with fortune cookies. There are few windows in the wall, with very simple drapes. All in all, it becomes apparent that Alice tries to keep the living-room-turned-office to look professional and welcoming, and should she be rich (what she isn't), she's well at hiding it. Her clothes tell a similar story: Unostentatious, dark, not made for fancy places but not the clothes of a beggar -- they fit her well but are also not overly revealing. Besides the entry from the hall, the office has a closed door leading to some other room. From the hall, there was another closed door, presumably leading to the kitchen - a fact that will be verified should he answer the offer for a drink with yes.
    Last edited by Blinkbear; 2016-11-20 at 04:26 AM.
    The only way of properly dealing with me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanil View Post
    I'm just going to increase the CR of every encounter by one for every terrible pun.
    Thanks Ceika for this great avatar!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dyrianna

Behind the mask, Dyrianna smiles at the older woman, placing both hands within her sleeves and bowing deeply. "You are welcome, Lady" she replies, the last word spoken in Tien. Leaving her to tea and tranquility, the woman glides towards the older man, her robes barely brushing against the floor as she navigates between the tables. She bows deeply as she arrives at the man's side. "Honored Guest, I shall be your server upon this day." she intones in Tien before switching to Taldane. "Good day, Sir. What may I get you? I can recommend the red lemon today, as our Tea Brewer has just got in a fresh box of the fruit."

Show
    HP 12
    AC 12, Touch 12, FF 10
    Saves 4/4/0
    Perception +4
    Last edited by Genth; 2016-11-20 at 04:40 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon

Oberon had always enjoyed autumn, and the gentle breeze whispered a promising day. Tuning out the merchant barkers, disregarding the stench of the market, and seeing only the beauty of the place (and potential danger) felt as natural as breathing. Yet, Oberon's mind never lapsed into daydream, and the moment his name was called, his impassive face turned towards the voice.

A genuine smile spread across his face as the sight matched the sound, and Tyson Morillo appeared. "As I live and breathe. Dear Tyson Morillo, how fares you? It has been too long." Oberon spreads out his arms for an embrace.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Rufus: The bearded man sits down as Rufus pushes the chair out for him. I'm Cole. He points to the younger man still standing; that's Pike. Cole pulls a piece of parchment from his coat pocket and pushes it across the table to you. Sliver has a job for you if you're interested; says he's glad you're back. See ya 'round. Cole stands to leave with Pike. (on the parchment is an address in The Puddles; 29 Canal St.)

Father Roark: As Roark intersects the two ruffians, the one closest to him extends his arms and faces the priest. Slow down there father. You know what you can do with your Dawnflower! (attempt by the thug to Intimidate Roark, (1d20+8)[16] ). The second thug continues after the girl, moving slightly faster than his previous pace.

Berengir: As Berengir speaks to the young thugs, "You boys best scram, it's a school night." They are unmoving, now blocking his passage forward. Berengir is familiar with the orphans in this area and knows their gang to be The Penny Boys, a rather vicious group led by an orphan half-elf named Rabbit. A few more steps in their direction and melee is certain to ensue. So, big ugly, what's it gonna be?

Alice: The handsome young man, Leonel, respectfully declines Alice's offer for a beverage; No thank you, but please, sorry for any confusion. I asked my brother to help with this connection for reasons of discretion. Leonel seems confident, yet upset in demeanor. You see, my girlfriend, Bella, has been missing for four days. This is very out of character for her. I was wondering if you might look into this, find her for me, you know, as a professional.

Dyrianna: Peering back at Dyrianna, the man's face and emotion is unchanging, stern as he answers; Whatever you recommend. When Dyrianna returns with the tea, the man accepts the cup and looks up at the masked server. You are known to me child, your true nature, your thoughts and will. What is it you want from this life? Can you answer this?

Oberon: Tyson dismisses his entourage for the moment. After a few moments of small talk; You know, everything that happened with you, it was a raw deal. I know you were innocent. So, what's prison like? What have you been doing all this time? What brings you back?
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2016-11-22 at 02:19 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Rufus

Rufus looks at the bit of paper casually and drinks heavily once more. As Pike and Cole stand up to leave he tips his hat slightly towards them. Hmm, he thinks, musing Me and Sliver were never that close. Better be a job and not some real bad news coming way." Drinking up he flicks a copper to one of the wenches, pulls his hat down low and drags the short cape around to cover the butt of the pistol before walking out into the stench and evening light of docks.

He looks towards the puddles, pausing before nodding in a determined manner and walking towards Canal Street. Every now and then he stops in front of stalls or market vendors, eyes alert should anyone be following him. At several points he pauses and darts down alleys between connecting streets. Slowly winding towards Canal street he watches the street carefully and the house carefully for a few minutes before striding up to the door, sounding more confident than he felt, his hand resting on the pistol at his hip and hoping to the various Gods that would listen that he wasn't walking into a trap....

"Pike and Cole said there was work.... I'm interested."

Show

Perception if being followed (1d20+6)[25]

Hp 11/11
    AC 17 (flat 13 touch 14)
    Saves +3/6/2
    Perception +6

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Shaken, Roark lets the act drop. His arms drop to his side and his face falls to a blank mask as he tries to compose himself, his voice dropping to a stern murmur. In spite of his fear, he still has to do something. “Very well. But know she’s watching you all the same.” With that, he breaks away from the thug in front of him and begins to set off after the ruffian as he pursues the woman. As he does so he brushes his coat aside briefly, revealing the ceremonial scimitar hanging from his belt.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I'm assuming Roark is shaken at the moment.
    Lore (The Coins) to try and figure out what part of town the woman seems to be heading towards (and if it's particularly seedy/dangerous or anything): (1d20+4)[12]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

Oberon clasps Tyson's shoulder, smiling at him. "Prison. Well, prison was... unexpected, and quite full of surprises. But let us go have a drink, you lead the way. You know the best places to go to, as usual. We can chat more there."

Oberon waits for Tyson to lead the way, but regardless, he'll continue talking. "I have been busy, my friend, quite busy. Of late, I've been... training people."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dyrianna

The woman stops, stiffening for a moment as the man claims to know her, but she swiftly tries to cover her surprise, inclining her head and saying in Tien "I don't understand sir" before repeating in Taldane. "You must have me mistaken for someone else, honored guest, I am just your tea server" she replies, trying to keep the bite out of her voice.

Show
    Bluff roll: (1d20+4)[20]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Maria

Maria's eyes light up at the half-elf's arrival. Gods be, she was bored simply giving the man his mead. She smiles at the newcomer. Well hello there gorgeous. Ya here ta buy, sell, or just drink in wonderful company? Her tone makes it a light joke at Scab's expense, not that the man could hear her much as he'd been drinking. She brings up a wood mug and offers it to the other woman, one brow raised.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2016-11-28 at 11:16 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

16. - Top - End - #16

OrcBarbarianGuy

Berengir Lok
    The young toughs looked unimpressed by Berengir's warning, and could he blame them? It sounded pretty corny to his ears too. You need to come up with better material, Ber, you can't even scare the kiddies nowadays. These little bastards probably ran with the Penny Boys, street urchins led by a half-leafeater named Rabbit.

"So, big ugly, what's it gonna be?", the leader demanded.

What's it going to be?, Berengir shot back, Kid, let's run through your options. I could blast you into goo or turn you into a syphilitic two-headed toad, but if you keep on pissing me off, I'm of half a mind to let you rob me...Of course, then I would have to let word get back to Rabbit that you took something from me, something good that he'd want that you wouldn't be able to cough up, good enough that the Rabbit might pinch a couple of Pennies flat for holding out on him. So, your options are I beat your ass, and then Rabbit beats your ass for being a weak syphilitic two-headed toad. You beat my ass, and then Rabbit beats your ass for being a bent Penny for holding out on him. Of course, you three might think you are in the running for bad ass of the year, and you MIGHT be thinking you can kill me....course I've the Wizard's Curse, you kill me, and you all die. Or...you can just turn around and walk away as you came, I'll let you, THIS time, cause I like you, I think you are a good penny, you got some brass to you, kid. Ain't nothing to it, and none the wiser, you tangled with a dark and dangerous wiz and lived to tell the tale, otherwise, all your options are bad kid, real bad. Take my two cents and turn around and keep walkin.

While Berengir is saying all of this, he slowly adopts Defensive Stance #1 as taught by the College of Mysteries and his hands loosen, ready to let fly Eldritch might.

Spoiler: OOC/Status
    Show

Bluff to get the kids to see that crime against a Wizard does not pay. (using Inner Beauty)
    Bluff: (1d20+4)[11]

Berengir Lok
    Wiz1 (Diviner)
    AC: 14 (16 Fighting Defensively)
    Move Action: 5 foot step back
    Standard Action: Holding Ready Action To Cast Sleep
    Free: Try to talk punks out of beating my ass
    Spells:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

18 Neth, 4716

Rufus: Rufus was careful, confident that he wasn't followed. One has to have a good reason to visit The Puddles, transitioning into this area below sea level, Rufus now strolls and darts through calf-deep water. It's slow, wet, and loaded with trash. Canal St. is no different. The street slopes downward, terminating into the Inner Sea. Reaching the appointed address, Rufus finds a townhouse that looks to have been abandoned many years ago. On a pitch of several degrees, Rufus ascends the stairs to knock on the door. He is soon greeted by what can only be described as a deformed, perhaps mutated half-elf with three arms, one eye that is twice the size of normal with the other side of his face melted and a right leg that is twice the size of his left. Rufus is startled but resolved, "Pike and Cole said there was work.... I'm interested." The half-elf only grunts and motions for Rufus to enter. Moving into a room lit by torches with a single chair, Rufus notices a familiar face sitting in the chair, the former head of the Black Sahguain, a middle-aged human named Leviathan. Standing beside Leviathan is a blue grippli dressed in black robes. It's... good to see you again Rufus. Whatever brought you back, you owe me. Are you ready to pay up?

Roark: Using his knowledge of the area, Roark is aware that the woman is heading toward the Grand Bazaar. Roark successfully pushes past the ruffian to pursue the other and the woman. This is now a four-person pursuit and the young woman is aware of the threat and is running for his life. Roark is aware that the ruffian behind him is armed. As the chase continues through sparse areas of people, Roark can see the crowds of the Grand Bazaar in the distance. (attempt to stay on pace through crowds, Acrobatics (1d20-2)[11]) The crowds do not slow Roark, and he is soon within a few paces of the first ruffian.

Last edited by DyerMaker; 2016-11-23 at 04:02 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Oberon: Yes, yes of course, Tyson replies. We're not far from one of the Coin's hidden dives. Tyson motions for his entourage to follow; two beautiful half-elf women, and a rather large human warrior clad in chainmail. Who is your friend!, one of the women yells. Then, hearing a rustle behind you in the Bazaar, one different that the normal ruckus, Oberon turns to see a young, Varisian woman running among the stalls and stages on a path toward he and Tyson. (Perception attempt to notice the woman is being chased; (1d20+5)[15] DC=12.

Dyrianna: (attempt to Sense Motive vs. Dyrianna's 20 Bluff, (1d20+13)[30]) My child, you cannot hide. Your talents are needed in this world and they must have purpose. ... I will remain here for some time. Should your mind linger, seek me among the Stygian.

Maria: The half-elf woman cracks a sly smile. I'ma need somth'n stronger than mead or ale. Once the half-elf receives her beverage, she inquires, You're Maria, correct? Ever heard of the Black Sahguain?

Berengir: As Berengir takes his stance, two more armed Penny Boys are visible just up the street. The tall one speaks; Listen here ya big green magician, since you seem to know Rabbit, which I ain't too sure 'bout ya gotta know we ain't goin' back empty handed. Five gold oughta save us all some trouble, or Ima go and blow this whistle and me and my boys are gonna git ya in the rush. Ima count to five... just leave them coins on the walk and back ya ugly butt down this street. ... One! ... Two! ...
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2016-11-23 at 04:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Noticing the woman being pursued, Oberon calmly touches Tyson's forearm while keeping his eyes on the woman. His other hand pats the air in front of him, "Be calm, my lady, be calm."

Speaking to his friend now, "looks like you're about to see what I've been up to all this time." Oberon lets his body relax, brimming with energy. Keeping a loose grip on his staff, he stands light on his feet, ready to explode into action. "You take the lady, stop her, and help her. I'll handle the pursuer."

Show

Just before the pursuer gets within about 10 ft of Oberon, he'll charge and attack with stunning fist.
    Attack: (1d20+6)[21]
    Damage: (1d6+7)[12]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Stunning Fist
    Show

Didn't want to edit the previous post so you can see that I meant to use Stunning Fist even before rolling. Just forgot to add that the DC is 12, since the Scaled Fist archetype uses Cha instead of Wis for Stunning Fist DC.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Alice: The handsome young man, Leonel, respectfully declines Alice's offer for a beverage; No thank you, but please, sorry for any confusion. I asked my brother to help with this connection for reasons of discretion. Leonel seems confident, yet upset in demeanor. You see, my girlfriend, Bella, has been missing for four days. This is very out of character for her. I was wondering if you might look into this, find her for me, you know, as a professional.
    Alice nods thoughtfully and motions Leonel to sit. Assuming he does so, she takes a seat on the other side of the table Again a missing person? Sometimes it feels like the city's a big sieve... A broken one as well.
    "Please, I will need to know every detail. But let us first have a look at the basics." She pulls over a parchment and a pen to take notes. "You say that she is missing for four days. When exactly did you see her the last time? What was she wearing at that time?"
    This'll be a needle in the haystack. Maybe her clothes tell something.
    I'm just going to increase the CR of every encounter by one for every terrible pun.

22. - Top - End - #22

OrcBarbarianGuy

Berengir Lok
    Berengir: As Berengir takes his stance, two more armed Penny Boys are visible just up the street. The tall one speaks; Listen here ya big green magician, since you seem to know Rabbit, which I ain't too sure 'bout ya gotta know we ain't goin' back empty handed. Five gold oughta save us all some trouble, or Ima go and blow this whistle and me and my boys are gonna git ya in the rush. Ima count to five... just leave them coins on the walk and back ya ugly butt down this street. ... One! ... Two! ...
    THREE! Morpheum Retardus Nyx...!
    Berengir speaks the ancient words of power, loud after first, that seem to taper off into a soothing whisper.
    Gads, I swear these punks are going to kill me with their words....Five Gold? That's enough Bufo to keep me grogged for a week!...or a couple of days at least.... Unsure his Sonorous Spell will take the whole mob, he quickly fills his fist with ice.

Spoiler: OOC/Status
    Show

Time to get dangerous. Hopefully I achieve suprise...
    If not
    Initiative:(1d20+3)[15]

Berengir Lok
    Wiz1 (Diviner)
    AC: 14 (16 Fighting Defensively)
    Move Action: Drawing Alchemical Focus (Liquid Ice)
    Standard Action: Casting Sleep =Save vs Will DC:15 for 4HD of kids within a 10ft radius
    Arcane Spell Failure (10%, Low Fails): (1d100)[59]
    Free: Take a Five Foot Step Back
    Spells:
    Last edited by crowe; 2016-11-23 at 11:13 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Rufus

Rufus looks about the room eyes narrowing at the deformed elf-thing and the grippli. Focusing on Leviathan he remains standing, nervous about seeing the ex-gang boss. A lot of memories from a youth he had fled to sea to avoid flooding back.

"Don't recall owing you much of anything Leviathon. It wernt yo that was trying to kill me before I boarded a ship". He looks about the room before deciding to braxen it out. "Do you gave work for me? Else I'll head back to in and finish my drink."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dyrianna

The tea-server bows, frowning behind her mask, and simply replies "Enjoy you tea, Honored Guest," before returning to the kitchen, a worried look beneath the porcelain. "Mistress?" she calls out to the proprietor "When is the next shipment due? I was hoping to get a chance to go to the docks, and would offer to look into the deliveries then" she asks, racking her brain to see if she's heard of the Stygian

Show
    Knowledge (Local) (1d20+6)[15]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Father Roark:

Roark forces his way through the bazaar’s crowds, alternating between apologising profusely and cursing under his breath. Things had escalated a tad more than he would have liked. Hopefully the woman wouldn’t mistake her for one of her pursuers. He gave some thought to calling out to her to explain himself, but realised that nothing looks less trustworthy than a man chasing you claiming that he isn't chasing you. As he gets closer and closer to the first ruffian, he begins to formulate a plan in his head. “Ok, when she gets some distance away from them, I can cast Obscuring Mist to hide her escape, that should buy her some time. Once I do that, I can try one last chance to reason with these two gentlemen, failing that I shall have to put them to the swo-“

The thought is instantly cut off the second he sees a well-muscled stranger slam a fist into the first pursuer’s face. “Oh. Never mind.” He takes a step back, points back into the crowd from where he came from. “There was another one giving chase to her. He's wearing the same sort of cloak. Best be on your guard.” He places a hand on the sword on his belt, ready to draw it should the two thugs turn their weapons on anyone.
    Last edited by Hella Lugosi; 2016-11-24 at 06:42 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Oberon: The Varisian woman runs into the arms of Tyson as Oberon delivers a vicious stunning fist to the ruffian in pursuit. The thugs face ripples from the blow as his feet leave the ground, falling with a thud on the ground below. The ruffian is now prone. A second pursuer slows, a grey-haired priest who appeared to be chasing the thug; takes a step back, points into the crowd from where he came: “There was another one giving chase to her. He's wearing the same sort of cloak. Best be on your guard.” He places a hand on the sword on his belt, ready to draw it should the two thugs turn their weapons on anyone.

Alice: Leonel answers Alice's questions as best he can. Raking his hand through his thick hair; I know this must seem crazy (Alice now pinpoints his accent as Varisian), but it's not like her. Bella, is her name. She came with me to Absalom only a year ago. ... Yes, four days. I last saw her at breakfast that morning. She was going to meet a friend from our homeland. She did not come home. ... You must understand, Bella is the love of my life. She's not as familiar with the city as most. ... Wearing? I don't know, maybe an ochre-colored dress, tunic style, maybe sea-colored. I don't remember.

Berengir: With his incantation and the motion of his hand, Berengir casts sleep on the Penny Boys; all 3 falling to slumber. It is in this moment that a chunk of stone strikes Berengir in the head, falling from the building above; Damage (1d6)[6] A gash now cut into the half-orc's head, he notices two Penny Boys on the roof and two more advancing from further down the street.
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2016-11-26 at 09:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Rufus: Leviathan reclines in his chair, Your memory is selective Rufus. I pulled favors for you on several occasions. But, we don't have to split hairs on that. ... I do have work for you ... refugees from Cheliax, 30 of'em ... coming on a boat in two days ... 50gp per head if you get them to my warehouse safe-like. You up for it?

Dyrianna: The mistress replies that a new shipment will arrive in two days. Dyrianna has no recall on a group known as the Stygian. The man lingers at the Tea House for an hour, then rises and leaves. The tip he leaves is quite impresses for a cup of tea, 5 silver weights. A flower is also left for you, a dark reddish-brown flower with 5 petals that smells similar to coffee.

Father Roark: Running into the Bazaar, the young woman runs into the arms of a tall nobleman in white with a fur draped over his shoulders. As the ruffian approaches, an adjacent man punches the thug hard enough to knock him off of his feet. As you turn to look back for your pursuer, the second thug, he stops at the edge of the stalls, quickly surveys the scene and flees into the crowd, running away from your position.
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2016-11-26 at 09:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Alice: Leonel answers Alice's questions as best he can. Raking his hand through his thick hair; I know this must seem crazy (Alice now pinpoints his accent as Varisian), but it's not like her. Bella, is her name. She came with me to Absalom only a year ago. ... Yes, four days. I last saw her at breakfast that morning. She was going to meet a friend from our homeland. She did not come home. ... You must understand, Bella is the love of my life. She's not as familiar with the city as most. ... Wearing? I don't know, maybe an ochre-colored dress, tunic style, maybe sea-colored. I don't remember.
    Alice nods and scribbles some notes on parchment. "What can you tell me about this friend of your homeland? Have you been in contact with this friend since Bella's disappearance?"

29. - Top - End - #29

OrcBarbarianGuy

Berengir: With his incantation and the motion of his hand, Berengir casts sleep on the Penny Boys; all 3 falling to slumber. It is in this moment that a chunk of stone strikes Berengir in the head, falling from the building above; Damage [roll0] A gash now cut into the half-orc's head, he notices two Penny Boys on the roof and two more advancing from further down the street.
    Berengir Lok
    Berengir smiles in grim satisfaction as his spell goes off flawlessly, it was textbook really, better than he did on his finals, and under a lot more pressure.....

KRACK!!!!

....ow, oh, whaut??? did the building fall on me? no, of course not, they were setting up in, combat is a three dimensional sport and you were playing a two dimensional game old sport...okay, not the building, just and roofing tile....slate probably, judging by the dust...bleeding, lots of bleeding, head wounds bleed alot, oh boy, okay, get it together, I'm hurt...bad, more coming, but not yet, some above, so many, time to....

RUN!

When confronted with overwhelming numbers, survival is the better part of valor. Berengir turns tail and runs out of the alley as fast as his feet will take him.

Spoiler: OCC/Status
    Show

Berengir Lok
    Wiz1 (Diviner)
    AC: 14 (12 if Running)
    HP: 2/8
    Full Round Action: Run Like Hell, if I can clear the alley, I will double move to break LOS and prevent them from Ranged attacking (turning in a way from my roof top attackers, if there is not immediate escape try to find cover, if I can't clear the alley in a double move, I will RUN at 4x speed to put as much space between us as possible.
    Spells:
    Effects: None

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon holds his pose for a couple heartbeats longer than was necessary. One never knows who might be a spectator. Best to give them a proper show. He hears the priest chasing the downed thug mention another pursuer, but when Oberon looks up, the man, or woman, was already heading off. No point in chasing after that one, this one's already stunned and looks about near death. Looking back down at the prone and stunned thug, Oberon snorts with contempt as he lifts his staff and smacks it down on the man's head to knock him out cold.

"Let's tie him up," Oberon says to the priest as he unloads his pack to take out his rope.

Show

Hopefully I don't have to roll, but in case I do:

Non-lethal attack: (1d20+2)[3]
    Non-lethal damage: (1d6+6)[7]

EDIT: Lol, well, that's embarrassing.
    Last edited by grifter730; 2016-11-27 at 02:47 AM.