New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dyer's Absalom Beguiled IC

Oberon:

Oberon was surprised that Rufus brought someone along to the party, but he kept his thoughts to himself, and nods at the man instead, before returning his attention to Garren.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Nightlash circles back, bleeding all over creation, to check the bodies. There's nothing of interest on the first man who was killed, but the cloaked figure that Nightlash had run has a tattoo on his left forearm; Bloody Barbers insignia. You also find a short sword of masterwork make and a bag of coins and gems; 20 gold measure and 4 gems.
    What types of gems are in the bag? What do you do now?

Rufus, Oberon, and Tuck were now together near the docks. A harlot approaches the trio; Fellas, fellas. Fancy a tryst?
    What'll it be?

Garren experiences partial success. The Captain agrees. He even orders those sailors in immediate range to start untying the ship. However, he wants to hold the coin before going anywhere. There's no budge on this element.
    What's your move?

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

Nightlash

Nightlash groaned, using what cloth around him to bind his wounds for now after pocketing these items. IF that woman was going to make it out alive, it would be through her own power at this point. He helped even the odds a little, even gave her a little time to run. More than he should have.

Ducking into an alley he begins flipping his cloak around, readjusting his clothing, and slipping on his signets and nobel identifiers, removing his mask.. Now he wasn't Nightlash, but Theodor Deathrage, a rather well to do man, with a stint of bad luck that recently moved into a small flat in one of the slightly more well to do areas.

Before anyone could question the wounds of axes, or he bled to death, he needed to find a back alley cleric or alchemist, one that was discreet and didn't ask too many questions, especially one that wasn't loyal to the vulture.
    Last edited by Triskavanski; 2017-04-03 at 01:46 PM.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DyerMaker View Post
    Maria enters the home with grace. She recognizes a woman and a gentlemen (Who are they and how do you know them?).
    She flashes a smile at Vivian, a fellow half-elf of the paler variety and a lady of ill repute. She'd worked with Vivian before to get information: men are surprisingly chatty to a woman they want to impress. She was chatting up a man who she recognized as Luis, a landlord for no few warehouses in the docks, and known for exacting taste in his wine and women. She wishes Vivian the best silently and continues to look about.
    LGBTA+itP

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ettin in the Playground

Garren sighed. "So be it. Give me a few minutes." With that, he jogged back to the street and disappeared around the first corner, intending to wait around a few minutes before returning with the three hundred counted out.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Rufus

Rufus spins around as Tock ambles past. A grin and a "Psst. Tock, get over here. Its good to see you. We can be doing with some help here as trouble could be about to kick off." He looks back around the corner as Garren seems to chatting amicably with the ship's Captain before nodding back to the dwarf. "We are up to no good but the cash is good. You in?" The approach of he whore interrupts further though....

Rufus, Oberon, and Tuck were now together near the docks. A harlot approaches the trio; Fellas, fellas. Fancy a tryst?
    What'll it be?
    He glances at the woman and then glances at Garren approaching. "Hey Gar, how's it going?" he nods to the woman. "you like ships and Captains lassie? You want to earn some gold and distract that man over there for my freind"?
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

Tock
    "Good evening, Mr. Rufus. I am indeed ready for some misadventure. Tonight, I've mostly brought mist and smoke, but also some fire and some healing".

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

Oberon watched as Garren moved aside and began counting coins. Seems he's successful in his attempt. So far.

"Fellas, fellas. Fancy a tryst?" A woman called out to them. Oberon quickly appraised her, but Rufus responded first.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Sense Motive on the woman (is she really just working, or does she have ulterior motives?): (1d20+5)[10]

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Rufus

He glances at the woman and then glances at Garren approaching. "Hey Gar, how's it going?" he nods to the woman. "you like ships and Captains lassie? You want to earn some gold and distract that man over there for my freind"?
    Garren

"I asked that captain to move his tub, he says he'll do it but he wants a handful of measure first. By the way—is it the Purloin or the Red Virjen we're looking for?" Garren pulled Rufus to the side and whispered hurriedly.
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2017-04-05 at 07:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Nightlash suffers his way to the greasy lab of one Swauk the Scale; a Skinwalker alchemist of questionable morals and standards in general. Swauk is always willing to help in exchange for a favor. He rarely accepts coin. Swauk's lab is on the western edge of the coins in a hidden area of his disheveled home. The thin, gaunt wretch-of-a-man stands with a single hunting knife in his hand. He is shirtless and wears a blood-stained apron. The door to his home is wide open. What's your move? Also, you need to name the gems you acquired.

Maria approaches the naked man and woman holding platters at the end of the hallway. The woman's platter holds an assortment of sharp metal objects; a few small knives, scissors, skewers, saw blade, pointed pliers, needles, etc. The man's platter holds and assortment of soft objects; feathers, a cotton ball, small pelt, flowers, a braid of hair, etc. They speak almost in unison; Choose your path. What does Maria do?

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Garren's transaction was successful as the cargo ship begins to head toward the further dock. The timing could not have been more perfect as another cargo ship lit with tall lanterns enters the harbor. It slows and prepares to dock, turning toward dock #5. Rufus interacts with the harlot, asking her to distract a certain gentleman; Well sir, yous got that kink in ya, aye? Which gent are ya considering and will we three be tangl'n together later?

Tock spoke with Oberron who was positive this harlot was working in her chosen vocation and not an agent of any sort.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

Maria pauses, comtemplating her options, before taking the braid of hair off the man's platter. She raises an eyebrow in a silent query if she was supposed to take it, before proceeding onward if nobody objects.
    LGBTA+itP

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Garren squinted at the new arrival, looking for a name. If this was the right ship, he would get in position doing something nonchalant—maybe pretend to solicit one of the nearby harlots. With any luck, the Captain would be chatty on his way past, which would save Garren from having to follow him and get close enough to hear his voice later.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

Theodor Deathrage

Swauk was a bit of a sleeze, and not in anyway Theodor's first choice of back alley doctors. But the ones up in the more swanky areas where under the vultures control most likely, which would make things that much harder to do. He needed to get the wound treated quickly, then retire for the night as he planned out his next plan. He moved to knock on the door to the flesh vendor.

Spoiler: Gems and OOC
    Show

For the Gems I just went to Red Dragon Tavern and rolled four gems on their random gem roller.
    Garnet, Amber, Zircon, Lapis Lazuli

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

Oberon watches with grim satisfaction as another cargo ship slows and prepares to the recently cleared dock. He scrutinizes the ship to see if he could make out a name painted on it.

Show

Perception to spot the ship name: (1d20+5)[25]

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

Tock considers how these ladies of the evening deals with pregnancy, and makes a mental note to investigate that later.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Maria sees no emotion on the face of the man as she chooses the braid of hair. Looking to her right, an attractive, naked half elf female takes Maria by the hand, leading her through an ornate door which opens to a room of landscape paintings and wall mirrors. A few other guest are also in this room. The room is quiet. Only the sounds of those changing clothes can be heard. Here, Maria is given the option of wearing either a white or black robe or being completely naked. Her attendant, the half elf whispers; White or Black or Nothing at all. Choose.

Garren gets close with an autumn-haired harlot who's been into the whiskey for a few hours. She lumbers about tugging on Garren's clothing attempting to stand upright for more than a moment. You. Ur soo purdy., as she tries to kiss Garren.

Theo walks into the squalid lab causing Swauk to turn in his direction; Oi, if'n it ain't da Nightlasher 'imself. Swauk waves his knife toward you in a swirling motion. I sees ya got a bit ov'e'ole stabby-stabby. Da lashers got'imself laceratered. ... C'mon 'oer now. Dun't be shys. I'z even clean off da spot 'ight here on da chairs, friend. Swauk slithers over to a cabinet, looking for a potion or tincture to aid you.

Oberon peers into the night as he moves into a position of proper vantage for the name on the ship; Red Virjen. This is the one. These sailors are more organized and professional than the last crew you witnessed. A small Cheliax flag flies near the wheel.

Tock considers birth control as it relates to Dock harlots.

What's your moves?
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2017-04-12 at 05:56 PM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

Maria chooses the white robe, smiling. While there was a time and place for conversations nude, she preferred the subtle approach.
    LGBTA+itP

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ettin in the Playground

Theodor Deathrage

"I haven't the foggiest what you are going on about Swauk. You know as well as I that I couldn't even be the Nightslasher.
    Not fit enough. Though If I was, which I am not, I wouldn't be getting slashed up by an axe of a bloody barber. Wouldn't be fitting
    He groans softly moving to sit in the chair that was cleaned off for him.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

"Look alive lads," Oberon says as he spots the Red Virjen. After a pause, he says "or maybe look drunk. Whatever works, but that right there's the one. What's the plan now?"

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Rufus

Rufus flicks the harlot a gold coin. "Stay here love. Well have work for you soon". Looking at the ship he shakes his head, "ByGorum's spiked sack. Wrong ship, shall we wait for this obe to dock then start agaun. You got more tales in ye Oberon?"

He turns to Tock "Chelax slaver. But we've gold on offer if we liberate her cargo. You in Tock?"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

22. - Top - End - #412
    Troll in the Playground

I'm absolutely in, Mr. Rufus. Do we have a better plan than shoot at a ship full of sailors?". Tock still doesn't unbutton his coat with all these harlots around, having lost a sufficient number of purses to learn his lesson.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ettin in the Playground

Garren gets close with an autumn-haired harlot who's been into the whiskey for a few hours. She lumbers about tugging on Garren's clothing attempting to stand upright for more than a moment. You. Ur soo purdy., as she tries to kiss Garren.
    Garren returned the kiss with as much feigned passion as he could muster, and kept one eye on his target ship. He leaned back a bit and whispered, "Actually I've a different sort of job for you, if you can be a good actress, and if you can be discreet. When the captain of that ship walks by, I need you to sound offended and slap me, then walk over and solicit him. Try to get him to talk a little, close enough for me to hear. After that you can do as you please. Can you do that?"

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Maria was helped into her white robe and led down a lengthy hallway to yet another room surrounded by the ornate decor of the home. The room was bathed in white. The furniture is covered in white cloth and furs. Wide swaths of white cloth are draped throughout the room creating a sailing ship-type feel to the room. Even the floor is covered in plush white furs laying on white tile. The room is quiet. A buffet or fruits and light dishes are brought to room along with white wine and water. After a few moments, the attendants leave and a dancer enters the room dressed only in a white crown and large white feathered wings. She performs an erotic dance as string music plays in the background. Several of the white-robed guests become comfortable during the dance; taking seats, lounging about, etc. When the dance is finished several guests begin to mingle and speak to one another, still masked. Who does Maria single out to speak with? What do you do next?

Theo addresses Swauk, denying any connection to his side gig. Swauk returns with a small vial of glowing blue liquid; Oi, swig'n 'is down ya guzzle. ... Naut 'e 'Lasher aye? I 'oulda sworn 'use fit 'e profile, my man. 'Evermind. Drinking the potion heals you to full HP. Roll Bluff @DC15 to convince Swauk you're not the Nightlasher. Swuak the Scale is now a contact for Theo.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

The Red Virjin has floats into the dock as the sailors make quick work on tying off and neatly work the fore-and-aft rigs. It's not long before they offload a crate or two of cargo and start making their way to the Doxy.
    Roll Perception @DC 15 to notice the sailors who stay on the ship.
    Garren, Roll Diplomacy +2 @DC10 to convince the harlot to go along with your plan.
    Everyone in this scenario, Roll Bluff @DC10 to look unsuspicious. Take a harlot by the hand for +2 on your roll.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

Oberon smiles at a harlot, taking her by the hand, keeping his eyes on the Red Virjen at the peripheral. "Sure is a bit lonely tonight," he says to her. "Might could use a companion."

Show

Bluff: (1d20+4)[19]

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground

Not recognizing anybody at first glance, Maria smiles and nods at an attractive (human) woman, letting her make the first conversational piece.
    LGBTA+itP

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

Tock: "Gentlemen, there a few sailors still attending to the Red Virgin. What's the play?"

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Maria notices and nods at a human woman of warm complexion with long, raven-hued hair and hypnotic green eyes with gold flecks. Hi, I'm Stasia. How are you liking the party so far? I though the dance really set the mood. Did you like her?

@the Docks: A dozen or more sailors walk by initially on their way to the Doxy, followed by two officers and then the Captain, then more sailors. It appears that there may be five to six remaining seamen aboard the ship. Garren's plan works as the harlot stumbles backward and slaps him. The other ladies and a few men, perform their roles as well, ensuring that no one from the crew is unescorted to the Doxy. The ship is docked and is as empty as it will be. What's your move?
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2017-04-19 at 10:52 AM.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ettin in the Playground

Garren

Once the other sailors were out of earshot, Garren answered Tock's question, leaning in close to whisper to his fellow conspirators. "I'm going in disguise as that ship's Captain, gonna tell the remaining sailors on board that there's been a change in plans, and the buyers—meaning you all—are taking delivery of the cargo now. If I'm not convincing enough, we'll have to top 'em the old-fashioned way. Then we get the slaves into to the nearby storm drain, and onward from there. Excuse me a moment." With that, Garren made for a secluded alley to imbibe his alchemical disguise.

Spoiler
    Show

Garren's Disguise Self extract lasts for 20 minutes, but the cheap-o Potion of Vocal Alteration only lasts one minute, so he will wait to use his Potion (which he put in a flask for spirits) until he's right about to start talking.