New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dyer's Absalom Beguiled IC

Maria quirks an eyebrow. Forty-eight hours. That's quita rush job ya got there. Ya had some friends in here earlier, by th'way, askin' after ya. I told 'em I don't sell out clients. She leans on the table and watches the half-elf for a reaction, curious.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive? Ignore if unneeded.
    (1d20+4)[17]
    LGBTA+itP

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Roark nods politely as Leonel makes his leave. "May the Dawnflower protect them. My church is in the Coins district, if you need me. It's hard to miss." He turns to Alice, noticing the gunslinger standing by her side. "It's a small mercy the pair of you are here - we were outnumbered just getting here, we're going to need all the manpower we can in finding the two of them. Now, where has your investigation led you thus far?"

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

Leonel seems confident of the duo's abilities, and seemed a bit too stressed. It'd be unlikely he would provide any info that the investigators hadn't already asked, even so... Oberon clears his throat, "Leonel, is it possible that whatever businesses you're dealing with may have something to do with Belladonna's disappearance? Perhaps for revenge or leverage of some sort? Anyone upset at you? Maybe there's some historical bad blood between you and someone else?"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

"This is no simple coincidence my friend." Ryl says softly as he reads over the invitation once more, trying to remember what he could of the Tevineg House, and the person throwing the party Lady Seichya.

Spoiler: Checks
    Show

Sadly I will know very little, even less if she or the family is not known for magic.

Knowledge Arcane (1d20+6)[18]
    Knowledge The Planes (1d20+6)[9]

"If I play my cards correctly I could easily learn much about this city and how it works from attending this party, however it is very easy to be made to look like a fool when one attends such a ball without knowing something about everyone attending. A dangerous game I shall have to dance if I am to learn anything of importance."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Maria mentions to her client that 48 hours is a rush job and that some friends were in looking for her earlier. The half elf replies; I saw them. Those fools are too obvious. Can you get the info or should I 'ply elsewhere? By the way, you can call me Juno. Maria has no hunches about Juno otherwise, watching her sip at her ale.
    Roark wished Leonel well and turns to Alice and Rufus to inquire about the progress of their investigation.
    Oberon clears his throat, "Leonel, is it possible that whatever businesses you're dealing with may have something to do with Belladonna's disappearance? Perhaps for revenge or leverage of some sort? Leonel replies; No, those avenues have been turned, and turned again. I wish it were that simple. My wife would be sleeping soundly in this very home.
    Ryl considers his options about the party referenced from the placard. Sadly, he has no recent or past recalls concerning House Tevineg.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    How will your characters finish the evening?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

Oberon nods at Leonel, letting the man go, and turns to the priests and the others. Roark was already speaking to them, and Oberon waited for a pause in the conversation before offering his hand. "I'm Oberon, a pleasure to meet you. I'm not quite sure why I'm doing this, but here we are," he spreads out his arms in defeat.

"As the good priest here has mentioned, we need all the help we can get. I've already taken one bullet, and would prefer to be doing the injuring and not being the injured. As such, I may have one other fellow who may be able to help us out. It is getting late, but I figure it'd be best to keep moving instead of stalling. Perhaps I can go fetch him while you three discuss the situation?"

Show
    How far away is Ryl's temple or wherever it is he was staying at? Oberon has no clue that he's currently out at a tavern/inn, but it'd be natural for him to try to visit the temple, especially since he missed their appointment for the day.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hella Lugosi View Post
    Roark nods politely as Leonel makes his leave. "May the Dawnflower protect them. My church is in the Coins district, if you need me. It's hard to miss." He turns to Alice, noticing the gunslinger standing by her side. "It's a small mercy the pair of you are here - we were outnumbered just getting here, we're going to need all the manpower we can in finding the two of them. Now, where has your investigation led you thus far?"
    Quote Originally Posted by grifter730 View Post
    Oberon:

Leonel seems confident of the duo's abilities, and seemed a bit too stressed. It'd be unlikely he would provide any info that the investigators hadn't already asked, even so... Oberon clears his throat, "Leonel, is it possible that whatever businesses you're dealing with may have something to do with Belladonna's disappearance? Perhaps for revenge or leverage of some sort? Anyone upset at you? Maybe there's some historical bad blood between you and someone else?"
    Quote Originally Posted by grifter730 View Post
    Oberon:

Oberon nods at Leonel, letting the man go, and turns to the priests and the others. Roark was already speaking to them, and Oberon waited for a pause in the conversation before offering his hand. "I'm Oberon, a pleasure to meet you. I'm not quite sure why I'm doing this, but here we are," he spreads out his arms in defeat.

"As the good priest here has mentioned, we need all the help we can get. I've already taken one bullet, and would prefer to be doing the injuring and not being the injured. As such, I may have one other fellow who may be able to help us out. It is getting late, but I figure it'd be best to keep moving instead of stalling. Perhaps I can go fetch him while you three discuss the situation?"

Show
    How far away is Ryl's temple or wherever it is he was staying at? Oberon has no clue that he's currently out at a tavern/inn, but it'd be natural for him to try to visit the temple, especially since he missed their appointment for the day.
    Rufus looks up at the people gathered around and listens even more closely as Alice is introduced and the man in charge makes an offer of helping each other. He nods to the people gathered. Rufus, God's blessing on you." Looking at them more closely he grins inwardly as he takes in their handy looking nature - they may be able to assist him in his business with the refugess over the next few days. Looknig at the others he begins with a wary "Befroe we start helping strangers whats been happening? And what you needing a hand with?"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Maria scoffs. O'course I can get the information.

Spoiler
    Show
    If we're wrapping up for the night of activities, Maria would clean up, make sure Berengir is safe and same for Molly, and then go to bed. Tomorrow she'd spend the early part of the day gathering info.
    LGBTA+itP

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

Oberon pauses and looks at the man addressing them. He dresses the part of a gunslinger, and looks to be more likely to kidnap Belladonna than rescue her, but he's with the woman under Leonel's employ. "As the good priest here mentioned, the lady Belladonna ran into us while under pursuit by a pair of men. We were on our way to take her back to her home here when we were waylaid. I took a bullet, and Roark received a good head pounding. She was gone by the time we awoke. My understanding is that Ms. Alice under Leonel's employ, which I took to presume means that it's her job to find Belladonna. Whether or not you help strangers is your choice, perhaps you and Ms. Alice prefers to work alone, but Belladonna was under my care when she last disappeared, and it simply will not do for word to spread that someone could be taken from me and not suffer a great a deal of consequences, the kind of consequences that will require as much help as possible, so I'm off to gather more help."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Oberon implores the group to keep moving and isn't sure why he's doing this. He then answers Rufus' question by telling the gunslinger that, "it simply will not do for word to spread that someone could be taken from me and not suffer a great a deal of consequences."
    OOC: Ryl's temple is in the Ascendant Court district an adjacent district to Green Ridge.
    Rufus looks at the others, "Before we start helping strangers whats been happening? And what you needing a hand with?"
    Maria scoffs. "O'course I can get the information." The half elf nods, pulling her hood tight before leaving a silver on the bar as a tip and leaving the bar; See ya in two. Maria cleans the bar and locks up for the night.
    Alice mentions that everyone should return to their flats or homes and meet at her office an hour past first light, stating that, "There's not much we'll get done before then."

OOC: What is the group's decision? How do you finish the evening. Otherwise, Alice's suggestion will be the course of action.
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2017-01-19 at 05:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Roark nods at Oberon's explanation, and lets him depart. "Godspeed friend. Meet me tomorrow morning at my church, I should be finishing a service shortly after sunrise. Bring your help, if they are willing to cooperate. Then we can resume looking for her." As Oberon leaves, he turns to the pair of investigators. "My good friend is right. We were outnumbered merely getting here, and quite frankly I wouldn't favour our odds if just the two of us were looking for Bella. She told us that her friend was kidnapped as well, so if they're able to hold multiple captives, I shudder to think how many prisoners they may have, let alone how many may be guarding them." He collects his thoughts. "Before she was taken again, she mentioned a pub where the two of them were first kidnapped. The Doxy. Now, whether the two of you want to help us or not, I will be there tomorrow morning. If you want to find her, I suggest you do the same." Straightening his collar against the cold night air, Roark readies himself to depart.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Unless anyone has any other questions, Roark will head back to his home and rest, before heading to his church some time around sunrise.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

After setting a time to meet and getting directions for Alice's office, Oberon departs for Ryl's temple. It was late, and his pride generally didn't let him ask for help, but they were clearly outnumbered by an extremely organized gang. Ryl and his eidolon could prove to be the difference maker in the inevitable encounter. With that thought in mind, Oberon made haste.

Show
    Oberon will go first to Ryl's temple, and since he's not there, he'll leave a message apologizing for missing their meeting, and providing directions and a time to meet tomorrow at Alice's office. He doesn't provide too much explanation in the message, beyond that it may be a matter of life and death for him, and should Ryl or his eidolon be up for such a challenge, they should come.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Rufus

Rufus looks at the men before looking to Alice for a lead. "Aye, if the Lady agrees the more hands to the task should be safer. If she's been taken by the Sahguain it'll be bloody work getting her back. You'd best prepare for it. As to the Doxy..."
    Spoiler: Know(local)
    Show

(1d20+6)[10]

He looks about at the others- "What say we have drinks and get to know one another. I'm Rufus Kellani. Who fancies a drink? there's plenty of nice places nearby.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

The next morning brings a host of questions to the minds of everyone.
    Oberon is summoned by Ryl via messenger to The Anvil & Ivy, a very good inn within the Green Ridge district.
    Maria sleeps in knowing that she doesn't have to open until noon with one full day plus most of a second to prepare for the Theatrical party.
    Berengir considers his options for the day.
    Alice wakes early, pacing a bit as she considers the unfolding events.
    Rufus is slightly hungover from last night's drinking. The Doxy is known for its proximation to the docks and its place of both legal and illegal commerce.
    Roark rises early to greet his congregation.
    Ryl awaits word from Oberon.

Show
    This round should be a time of PC to PC dialog, a monologue or self-propelled turn by your character. I'll follow up afterward with a post to bring it all together.
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2017-01-20 at 11:37 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Maria wakes up and goes around to her contacts, hitting them up for anything they know about the upcoming party and the Black.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[12] Diplomacy for gather information (party)
    (1d20+10)[30] Diplomacy for gather information (Black)
    LGBTA+itP

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Roark heads over to his church to perform morning prayer with his congregation. The ceremony is pleasant enough, if a little rushed, as Roark has other things on his mind. As his church empties, Roark takes a seat in one of the pews, waiting for Oberon to arrive.

Show
    Today's prepared spells:
    0th Level: Read Magic, Detect Magic, Light
    1st Level: Obscuring Mist, Burning Disarm, Shield of Faith

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Rufus

Bleary eyed and ruffled from where he fell asleep in his clothes on the floor of his small flophouse Rufus is woken up when the maid arrives but at least is rewarded as she brings a steaming mug of cheap kaf to help to start to restore his state. The previous night had been a blur but they had seemed like a confident bunch and if he could help them rescue this Belladonna lady and poke an eye in the Sahguain gang he would happily join them. In return they may then help him with his problem. From what he'd been told he had a few days before the ship with the refugees arrived.

Checking the pistol was loaded and ready at his waist he headed out into the streets looking for Miss Alice and then from there heading down to the church to meet Roark and Oberon. Arriving at the church he opens the doors and head in cautiously - its been a long time since he's entered any GOd's house that wasn't Cayden's - and waves his hat at Roark. "Morning. You were wiser than I, my head feels like a dozen drummers pounding the beat."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Ryl

As the morning sun rose the next day the young summoner collected his belongings, making the bed properly and making sure the room was tidy and clean before opening the door to his room, the invitation to the ball in his pack, as he made his way down the stairs for morning breakfast. "Well good morning everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I was curious does the price I pay last night include breakfast in the morning? If not how much do you charge while I wait for my friend?" he asked polietly, showing the utmost respect for the owner of the establishment.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

Oberon was pleasantly surprised to have received a summons by Ryl. Knowing that the two would meet in the morning put his mind at ease, and since he was nearby, decided that he would simply pay for a night's rent at the Anvil & Ivy where Ryl was supposedly staying. It was quite late by the time he arrived, so he set his internal clock to wake before first light, and went straight to sleep.

The previous day's action must have taken a toll on Oberon, since he overslept. By the time he awoke, the sun had already risen, and as he went to the commons area, he found Ryl enjoying speaking to another person.

Oberon smiled solemnly as he approached the man, the eidolon nowhere in sight at the moment. "It is good to see you, my friend," Oberon greeted him. "Apologies for missing yesterday's appointment, I have much to tell you, but we're running short on time, so it's best if we move as we talk. Should you choose to not pursue this dangerous undertaking, you can always go back here, but there's a meeting I must attend to now. Shall we go?"

Show

Assuming that Ryl does go, Oberon will spill every detail of his encounter the previous day, starting with seeing his old friend, running into Bella and Roark, all the way until the night's end. dantiesilva if you need the actual details (not sure how much of everyone's interactions you've read), just let me know.

In any case, he would tell Ryl all the details as they walk to Roark's church to meet up with the gang. And then weren't we supposed to meet at Alice's office...?
    Last edited by grifter730; 2017-01-22 at 03:52 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

"And I you Oberon, I was worried when you didn't arrive for our normal training session. I hope everything is well." Ryl says kindly, though a hint of worry enters his voice towards the end. " I do not see why I can not spare some time to help you, at least for a short time. I have a ball to attend it seems tonight." the scholar looking man explains to his warrior friend as they depart the Anvil & Ivy.

"So what exactly is this all about Oberon? I am mostly following you out of curiosity as it has to be something important for you to have missed your sparring session the other day." Ryl explains his reasons for joining Oberon as they make haste to their destination, listening closely to what his friend told him.

Show
    I do not read anything not intended for my character sadly due to the fact it would be OOC knowledge and I sometimes am known to blur that line with small things like what two characters actually shared with one another while one was not there.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Roark raises his head as Rufus enters, standing to greet him. "Ah, welcome friend. I would offer you some wine, but I fear I already know your answer. Feel free to take a pew while we wait for the others. Do you know anything of this Doxy place?"

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

Oberon had just enough time to give Ryl the details of the previous day's events. They arrived at the church, and Oberon opens the door for Ryl, waiting to see if the man would join them in this dangerous endeavor or not. He had no reason to help out a stranger. Oberon himself was uncertain if he'd be so readily helpful if his pride and reputation weren't on the line.

Show
    I provided an outline of what Oberon would've told Ryl in the OOC thread.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Maria reaches out to her contacts and in doing so, bumps into Rufus, an old friend from time past. Rufus is on his way to meet some friends. Maria recalls that Rufus had some dealing with the Black Sahuagin, but she could not remember what it was.
    Spoiler: Maria's Information
    Show
    1) The Black Sahuagin primarily operates out of the Puddles district. 2) Their leader is known as Leviathan. 3) They were once as powerful as the Bloody Barbers but little is known of their downfall. 4) The Doxy was a known hangout of Black Sahuagin members. 5) No one seems to know about the party tomorrow evening. If they do, they're not talking.

Roark finishes his sermon and waits for Oberon and the others to arrive.
    Ryl enjoys a complimentary breakfast while waiting for Oberon to arrive. Once the monk joins Ryl the two discuss the kidnapping and circumstances at hand. After some time, they meet Roark at his church. Ryl has a party to attend tomorrow evening.
    Rufus tends to his hangover and while on his way to Roark's church, he meets the Maria, a bartending half-drow from his distant past. The two walk together toward the church.

Alice does not join the group. After waiting for her more than an hour. The group must make a decision on whether to move on or not. There is a heavy KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK at the door to the church. Messenger service, sir. A youthful male voice can be heard on the opposite side of the door.

Show
    Does Maria join the group now or later? Who will take care of the Lion's Pride? Molly perhaps? Berengir?
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2017-01-23 at 07:08 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Roark greets the two strangers to his church with open arms. "Welcome! I am sorry that we have to meet under such messy circumstances."

Upon hearing the knock, Roark assumes that Alice was finally rejoining them, but stops in his tracks upon hearing the male voice. Cautious, he peers under the door to try and see the number of silhouettes standing outside. If there is only one, Roark will venture outside to receive the message. "Who sent you?"

Show
    Perception to look under the door: (1d20+5)[11]
    If there's more than one person outside, Roark will just converse with the messenger from behind the door.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

As the two walked, Ryl listened patiently and quietly, allowing his friend to explain everything that had happened in detail this way neither would have a misunderstanding later down the road. At last Ryl speaks up, each word carefully chosen. "It seems you simply enjoy walking around the marketplace waiting for someone to need help, I can not fault you on such actions. If my own mission was not so important I highly doubt I would not be doing the same thing. However my family line is at stake, and that is something I can not put aside." Ryl explains calmly, keeping his thoughts collected.

"However you say this woman you tried to rescue said their were in fact others with her being held prisoner. Given the fact I have family I am looking for within this city I can not turn a blind eye to such a crime, espically if one of the women could be my niece." Ryl continues as they near the temple, taking note of the symbol to which the church worshiped before looking at his friend. " I hope whoever we are going to meet inside is well aware of my beliefs and will not try attacking my friends should they choose to join us in this fight. After all when it comes to religion many people have a hard time allowing followers of other faiths into their own temple." Ryl points out, showing the holy symbol to Asmendous around his neck.

Upon meeting the stranger who seemed to run the church, Ryl extends his hand, the sleeve of his robe rolling up slightly as he does so. "It is good to meet you as well. My name is Ryl Aufein, heir to the Aufein family. Before we get started do you have an open area I could use quickly, I believe our muteral friend wished for an aquaintance of mine to join us?" Ryl asks showing respect to the priest for Ryl was not in his own temple, but one of another deity.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

Oberon pauses at the doorsteps of the church, looking at Ryl, and then at the symbol of the church. It never occurred to him that the priest might shun Ryl. Oberon himself had no use for the church, and never really paid them much attention, thus he was at a loss as to Roark's beliefs. Come to think of it, he wasn't even sure who the priest worshipped. "Ah... I suppose we'll find out soon enough. Roark's a pleasant enough fellow, but one never knows, I suppose."

When the knock at the door came, Oberon's first thought was that it was Alice, but then the young man's voice proved otherwise. Roark took the correct approach using caution. Oberon himself stealthily moved next to the door, his back to the wall, ready to attack anyone if they crash in.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

" I sure hope you are right my friend." Ryl says a hint of doubt in his voice, after all he had meet the young fighter in the markets when Ryl had been being attacked because of his companion and one true friend. Thinking of his eioldon only made him wish to call it forth now at this moment, however he knew it would not be the best of times at this exact moment, better to wait until he was inside.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Ryl and Oberon discuss the nuances of religion and respecting the temple of another deity as Oberon explains his lack of need for religion of any kind. All believe that Alice has finally arrived, but the male voice at the door to the church changes that assumption. Roark approaches the door and sees only one silhouette.

Roark opens the door to find a young half-elf male dressed in messenger clothing. There are several such "runners" who are employed throughout Absalom to deliver correspondence. This messenger wears a bright orange sash from shoulder to hip placing him in the employ of the Navigators, a known service. The half elf presents a small wooden box and speaks in an upbeat manner; Good morning sir, I have a delivery for this address. I apologise but no name was registered. He hands the box to Roark.
    OOC: It is customary to tip runners.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Maria hurries through the street, shoulders hunched against the crowd, when she gets clipped by a man traveling the other way. Spinning 'round to curse him and his mother, she recognized Rufus from bygone days. Rufus! It's been ages! How are you?
    LGBTA+itP

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hella Lugosi View Post
    Roark raises his head as Rufus enters, standing to greet him. "Ah, welcome friend. I would offer you some wine, but I fear I already know your answer. Feel free to take a pew while we wait for the others. Do you know anything of this Doxy place?"
    Rufus nods and gladly takes some wine. "Nothing like the scales of the fish that but you eh!

Aye I know the Doxy. A sorrier cess pit you'd struggle to find. Hide your purse and keep your weapons handy"
    He sits for a while before they leave nursing his hangover like an old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Maria hurries through the street, shoulders hunched against the crowd, when she gets clipped by a man traveling the other way. Spinning 'round to curse him and his mother, she recognized Rufus from bygone days. Rufus! It's been ages! How are you?
    Rufus looks out of his bleary eyes before recognising the woman in front of him. "Maria, darling it's been too long. You still tending bar. Come, you'll be handy where we are going. I've not seen you since I got back from Sea. What you been doing?" He chats happily as he follows the others to all meet up before searching for this woman.