New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Guardians: Oath Breaker (IC)

Elspeth Winslow

"I'll bet you ten gold pieces you'll need a shovel to find her father." Winslow quips to Grundi. "Technology is advanced enough now that we'd be able to at least find her origin or distant family."
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2016-11-30 at 03:51 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grundi's mouth gives the slightest twitch of a smile. "You're on. Psionic. Can use powers to dig father up, don't need shovel. Alternatively, might have been incinerated or disintegrated, not buried. Still interesting to learn though. Might gain insight, knowledge. Always good."
    Why yes, my avatar is a gelatinous cube swashbuckler. It is from the excellent webcomic Rusty and Co.

I'm two magic items!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

"Excuse me, don't you think it is a bit rude to talk like that in front of her, you don't even know if her father is dead. Though if she is an illusion she might not even have a father..." Melanie interjects going from shocked to lost in thought in a very short period of time.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

4. - Top - End - #64

Grundi stares blankly at Melanie for several seconds. "...rude?"

He nearly stops in his tracks at the mention that she may be an illusion. Of course! The nymphomaniac may simply be a distraction for other forces, and that was one of the easier ways to do so. Though she had interacted with them physically, both at present and in the past. A disguise, perhaps? Grundi shifts his focus on her, trying to determine any magic she may hold.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Using Detect Psionics on Tora (51 - 1 = 50 pp)
    Spoiler: Psicraft checks to identify (rolling 10 in order, discard unnecessary ones)
    Show
    (1d20+7)[25]
    (1d20+7)[13]
    (1d20+7)[26]
    (1d20+7)[19]
    (1d20+7)[10]
    (1d20+7)[12]
    (1d20+7)[22]
    (1d20+7)[27]
    (1d20+7)[21]
    (1d20+7)[17]

Why yes, my avatar is a gelatinous cube swashbuckler. It is from the excellent webcomic Rusty and Co.

I'm two magic items!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

"Winny, I told you about Aaron and Aarina, right? Twins are among the strangest and cutest oddities on this planet." Tassy asked, trying to steer the conversation away from daddy issues.
    Last edited by Sjlver; 2016-11-30 at 04:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    DA here.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

"No as in I don't know who my daddy is. Why would I have need one, anyway. I have Phat D if I need a sugar daddy," Nimi says. She manages to take the card from Wizard, despite Melanie squeezing her. "You don't know me." She stops for a moment. "Hold on, just because I don't have a dad doesn't mean I'm not real." She does pout at Melanie, though.

"My apologies," Diael says, doing his best to ignore Nimi. "I believe data may have been lost over time or when it was being transferred. There was a chance it was deleted on purpose, in order to protect the company's secrets."

"I think there was a horrible catastrophe, and they made terrible monsters they could not control," Tora says. She's looking right at Winslow as she says this.

"Unlikely, in my honest opinion. I remain skeptical that they succeeded at this particular endeavor. They may have had another project that needed to keep secret or otherwise backfired, however." Diael stops. "Oh, we've arrived."

Before you, past a hedge, is a large, brick mansion. Three stories tall. It's quite a site, with good detail put into the many windows and columns. Diael unlocks the main door, leading to a foyer with a ceiling as high as the building. The floor is a sleek black and white variety of marble. The stairs are a white marble with matching railings. The doors are all stained wood. There are several potted plants and expensive vases decorating the room.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-11-30 at 05:21 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67

Elspeth Winslow

"Indeed, you did." Winslow responds to Tassy. "Are they still in the suburbs?"

At Tora's jab, Winslow scoffs. "Pffft. Must have been amateurs then. At this point you can even circumvent the old turncoat clay golem conundrum. But honestly, who builds a clay golem?" She rolls her eyes, as if everyone should know why. "Shouldn't you be sucking on that sucker, pretty kitty?"

Comically, when Melanie calls Winslow and Grundi out for being rude, she'll reply in unison with Grundi. Unintentionally, of course. "... rude?"

"Oooooooo. Diael, you tease. This is our place?!" She hops up and down. "Constructs and Fender! Fall out to the laboratory!"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright Nimi, I think it's time to go. Luna and I have to get settled in. See you around perhaps." Melanie says as she produces a white rabbit out of her cloak.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"No worries, Doctor. I'd be grateful to whomever was to get the doors for me, though. I don't have nearly as many arms as I'd like, HA!" It's not the weight of the boxes that tax Fender, it's the innate awkwardness of the sizes and shapes of the boxes.

10. - Top - End - #70

Elspeth Winslow

Winslow props open any available door with her foot. "After you, good sir." She does an awkward curtsy, while speaking in an over exaggerated British accent. "I do ever so appreciate your assistance and would love to provide you more arms, should you want them."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

"Does anyone else think this place is just a little excessive? I mean it's all very nice and pristine but how could you possibly live in such a place if you were just a familly and not an elite organization of trench coat wearing BAMFs?" Tassy says. "I will have to admit that the echoes of my bells in this place is quite the music to my ears."
    Spoiler
    Show
    DA here.

12. - Top - End - #72

Grundi casually waves his hand, summoning a psionic force to open doors and such for him. "Excessive? Probably. Depends on what space is used for. Did not realize being Guardian paid so much, such nice perks. Should have expected though."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Using Ring of Perpetual Attendance to summon an Unseen Servant to perform tedious tasks.

I'm two magic items!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fender nearly stumbles as he tries to key his eyes on both Winslow and Tora. "You can get me more arms? That would do wonders for my combat ability!"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm still not sure you didn't do something to it," Tora mutters, waving the candy.

Nimi does detach herself from Melanie. "Oh, alright. I'll see you later, Mel. We are the best of friends after all!" She nuzzles Melanie one last time before heading away. "You'll see me again! You'll all see!" She gives an almost maniacal laugh as she leave earshot.

Diael sighs, relieved now that Nimi gone. Now he only has to deal with Winslow's fake accent and bad bow, which is grating to someone who maintains an accent as posh as his as well as a refined manner. "The mansion isn't mine. It's the property of the Assembly," Diael states. "I wasn't the one to request it, either. You can thank the High Luminary for that," he continues, referring to Bander. He doesn't sound too pleased.

He leads Winslow to a room in the east wing on the second floor. "It was a ballroom, so it should be plenty spacious. However, renovations were not allowed. This is a historic district after all. Preserving the architecture is considered paramount." The room is white large, and the exterior wall being almost entirely dominated by windows with lavish curtains. There are several stainless steel tables with many cabinets and drawers set up on them. "The air lines are fed through a compressor, hidden in the next room for sound insulation," he says, gesturing to the structured mats on the floor protecting power conduits, as well as water and air lines. "You should be able to get started here at least. I figured you'd need more specialized equipment, but this was done on short notice, as I didn't know I would be using this building specifically." He shrugs. "I can always have more specialized tools ordered, if you haven't brought them with you. Now that I think of it, you'll probably want some spot lighting as well. I do believe you did bring your own kitchen sink," he jests, noting Winslow's considerable luggage.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-11-30 at 10:42 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

15. - Top - End - #75

Elspeth Winslow

"Sure thing." She replies to Fender. "Limbs are easy."

Winslow runs her hand along some equipment. "This will do nicely!" She beams. "Quick, Fender, go get my kitchen sink out of box 23A." She waits, hoping for Fender or Diael to react, eventually saying. "Just kidding!" She chuckles. "Yes, this will all do nicely. I promise to only make minor modifications to this house without permission." No guilt on her face. "Now I can start building some really big constructs."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fender sets down his boxes and leans toward Diael, "Um... Are you as shocked as I am that there ISN'T a box 23A containing a kitchen sink?"
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2016-12-01 at 12:33 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Answering Tassy's question Melanie says, "I believe people who live in places like these generally hire servants to do everything for them, and they need guest rooms for things like balls. So really these types of places were built to show off and not really to live in. Where are the guest rooms at anyway?"

Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

"Please, no modifications. ALso, for larger constructs, you may wish to assemble them outside. We can't exactly fit anything much bigger than a person through the doorways," Diael tells Winslows.

He then replies to Fender. "Of course not. That's a ridiculous method of organizing boxes."

"Not that I think about it," Tora speaks up, "I haven't seen a a single servant."

"The place always seems clean," Diael says, stroking his chin.

"Well, we always make sure to Prestidigitation a room after we're done using it."

Diael looks around suddenly. "Indeed, but there's no way that can account for everything being so immaculate."

"Well, if there isn't any, we can hire some maids. I can think of at least one." She nudges Diael again.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

19. - Top - End - #79

Grundi stares at Diael, dumbfounded. "You...no idea how mansion stays so clean? Never looked into before? How long you been here? Any theories?"

Grundi shakes his head in exasperation, but a part of him is thrilled to have this curiosity to look into. Unless, of course, it is merely a distraction to keep him from examining more pressing issues, but even then if he can get to the bottom of it he may find out who is distracting him, which is a solid lead itself.

He nods at Diael. "Want to find reason. Would like to test. Need me now, or free to investigate?"

I'm two magic items!

20. - Top - End - #80

Elspeth Winslow

Winslow immediate begins to unpack her laboratory, her constructs follow suit in a practiced manner. "I've got so much work to do. I've got to build, study, make money, make an expandable door that isn't detectable under intense scrutiny of the home owner's association." She rambles, Diaels words bouncing right off of her. "Come back tomorrow and I'll conduct experiments on your horns. Non-harmful of course." She unpacks a box. "Oh look. My plant!" She places it on a shelf and snips a small bit off of it, grinding it in a metal contraption. "Tora! Come here, please!" She readies a squirt bottle, just in case.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Melanie goes over to Winslow as she is setting her lab up, "Is this the plant you were talking about? So what kind of effects is this supposed to have on white nephilim?"

Current avatar by me

22. - Top - End - #82

Elspeth Winslow

Winslow's eyes widen and she begins scrawling notes as Melanie walks into the room. "Fascinating." She walks around Melanie, still taking notes. "One of the effects is drawing white nephilim into its direct vicinity, as you've just proven!" She pokes Melanie in the side gently with her pencil's eraser.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

"If we're seriously underestimating our cantrips, then their may be a servant somewhere. I do get the impression that if they've not been seen, they don't want to be scene, even in such a large building. Some traditions of servants behave in this way," Diael says.

"Yep. I knew a few guys like that," Tora says, as she absentmindedly strolls over to Winslow, nnot paying attention who gave the order.

"I do protest to that conclusion, Winslow. Correlation is not causation, after all. It's a sloppy assumption," Diael says while frowning. "Of course, if it does what I think it does I think she might just pass out. She looks narcoleptic as it is." He looks directly at Melanie. "No offense intended. I'm merely concerned about your health. Pay me no mind." Still, he looks tense, like a snake coiled and ready to spring into action.

24. - Top - End - #84

Elspeth Winslow

"She's probably fine. Plenty hardy." Winslow continues to grind the plant until Tora makes it to her. "It's plenty harmless, especially for white horns. " She opens the grinder and blows the powdered plant all over Tora's face.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm fine, never had a sleeping problem." Melanie says reassuringly. "Besides, Winslow's a doctor right? You're not one of those stupid psychologists right, Winslow?"

Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Tora turns as Winslow speaks again, and sneezes as the plant dust flies into her face. "Oh **** ****." She swears. "I knew I never should have trusted you." She sneezes again, and continues speaking while slurring. "You little puubnk. I'll get you as soon as..."

Tora stumbles into Melanie, and starts pawing her in the face, her face red even through her tan skin. "Heeey, whaats up," she says as she presses her weight into Melanie. Tora is taller and heaver than Melanie, making it difficult to stand. Tora starts grumbling something in Aquan about playing with the neighbor's cat. Unfortunately, Melanie does not understand Aquan.

Diael uncrosses his arms. He seems ready to move at a moment's notice. Still he tries his best to maintain normal conversation despite his caution. "You have issues with psychologists?"
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-12-02 at 09:47 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

Elspeth Winslow

"Definitely not a psychologist. She'll be okay." Winslow smiles, walking up to Tora and taking her arm over her shoulder. "C'mere, pretty kitty. Want another sucker?" Winslow puts on a motherly tone. "Come sit with me."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fender quickly moves to Tora's side, as if to provide support. "Please, Tora, allow me to help. It would be my pleasure. You don't need to worry about any type of burden, you couldn't weigh enough to slow me down in the slightest. Not that could imagine your weight being an issue for anyone. I mean, um, to say that there's no way you could be overweight. Er... Um... That is... Your body looks great!"

By this time Fender is blushing so badly it's hard to believe he isn't naturally crimson.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Melanie stands there, staring blankly for a moment. "Thank you, Winslow, Fender." She says grateful for the assistance, as she is not very strong at all. "What was that? Pshycologists? Uh, I guess I would say they don't like me."

Current avatar by me

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Tora hisses at Winslow, gripping Melanie tighter. "You're not my mom!" she says in aquan. She pulls Melanie with her as she evades Fender and Winslow. She rubs herself on Melanie some more. "Mrrr. Compliments will get you nothing! You're acting suspicious!" Her Aquan accent is spot on for a Catfolk Kingdom native. She must be an impressive linguist.

"Yes, I imagine they don't," Diael says. He's still prepared for action, but for what?