New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 91

1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 91

By the Yew

Isaac drops the hammer in order to pull his arm away in time and takes a few steps back, dramatically pantomiming a pistol with his hands, which causes a translucent ball with roughly the size and impact force of your average dodgeball to appear and rush towards Iknika's chest.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

Iknika sees the magic coming this time, and sets her shield against the ball. It bounces off, and the young goblin charges in again, swinging her axe in wide arcs.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Island Center]

A decisive blow! There is a wrenching squelch, and there does the King's arm fly free. His huge body recoils as one save for it's dismembered extremity, mouth dropping open to scream and cry wretched, ancient curses. The stump oozes instantly with tarry, tepid blood.

The Carrion King manages to avoid, as a byproduct of his swift retreat, the repulsion of his other weapon. Hurriedly does he collect himself, heaving and hunched, his breath coalescing as great frosty clouds of vapor. His remaining arm coils and he turns the carving knife over in his hand, regaining some semblance of a martial stance... or as twisted a one as a creature like he can manage. His weapon his held out before him, a partition between them.

Though she still cannot see his eyes, it's easy to feel Lammergeir's gaze upon her. For the moment, he remains curiously still, though his feathers still bend in the wind, and his ichor oozes from the vicious wound, the thick blood already clotting.

His forearm twitches and worms where it has fallen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Anchor springs from the paddleboat and heads for the island center, picking her way between fallen trees. Her shadow, in clear defiance of where the sun is standing, rushes on ahead of her instead of behind.

"Um, excuse me?"
    "You're kind of wrecking our poor island forest. Do you really have to fight like this?"
    Island Center

The Empress smiles slightly behind her heavy helm, and even as she formulates her plan to press her advantage, a voice rings out as a bystander appears. The smile vanishes quickly as The Empress finds herself forced to move quickly in order to place herself between Anchor's arrival and The Buzzard King. "Stay back!" The Empress calls out as she moves, trying to make sure her shield and blade are positioned to interfere with any attempt her foe might make to snatch life away from the newcomer.

As a result of having to traverse the freshly cut trees and stumps, she leaves her torso and abdomen completely open and unguarded.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

Isaac backs up and summons another sheet of force. This one is at the level of Iknika's head. She is advised to duck and not clock her head on it.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

Iknika opts to duck and roll, tumbling under the sheet of force, and perform an overhead swing at Isaac as she gets up.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

Iknika's axe smacks into Isaac's belly with a likely satisfying feeling. He sighs.
    "It took me ages to get my reflexes up to react to spells like that. Good job, Iknika. You're well suited for this." he praises her.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

"Of course I am! I'm a knight!" Iknika declares triumphantly, waving her axe in the air. She's certainly not lacking for self-confidence.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Orc in the Playground

By the Yew

Baccata is still watching. It's her yew, after all. "I think you're both doing really well."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

Isaac chuckles and calls his mace back to his hand.
    "Well, I dunno. I think I'm pretty crud at this, but I have plenty of time to get better, I guess. Maybe not today. If I get all sweaty I'll get even more funny looks on the train than I would already." he says, doing his best to work with his flimsy joke.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

Iknika blinks, then it dawns on her.

"Oooh, right. You can't change back at will, can you? That's got to be awkward. Maybe you can wait here until it wears off."

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

Isaac nods and plops down beside Iknika, not bothered about dirtying his jeans. He tries to put an arm around her shoulder just for effect.
    "Sure, you got a nice spot to do something that doesn't involve smacking me around?" he asks her with a chuckle. "How cold does the lake get, anyway?" he asks her.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

Iknika tilts an eyebrow when Isaac puts an arm around her, but doesn't push it off.

"There's a bunch of stuff here. A giant slide, but I think it's too cold to swim just yet. And some very nice picnic spots. The lake is big enough that just walking around it takes a while."

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

By the Yew

"There's the forest. That's always nice to explore, and it's under the camp's wards and protections so it's mostly safe." Baccata interjects, before she turns and walks into her tree. She'll still be watching, however; she just won't be seen.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

Isaac jerks his hand away, huge ears turning redder.
    "S-sorry. You were just reminding me of- uh, we could take a walk in the forest or something." he tries to explain.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Near the lake]

After a while, the nameless man continues to walk around. He now got to the lake and wonders if there is a boat anywhere to cross the water and get to the island in it's middle.

[Near the lake]

Since the nameless man is curiouse enougth he goes along the shore and takes notes of the boats there. With a look a round a a shrug he takes one and starts his way to the island in the Middle.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #316
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Island Center

The Empress smiles slightly behind her heavy helm, and even as she formulates her plan to press her advantage, a voice rings out as a bystander appears. The smile vanishes quickly as The Empress finds herself forced to move quickly in order to place herself between Anchor's arrival and The Buzzard King. "Stay back!" The Empress calls out as she moves, trying to make sure her shield and blade are positioned to interfere with any attempt her foe might make to snatch life away from the newcomer.

As a result of having to traverse the freshly cut trees and stumps, she leaves her torso and abdomen completely open and unguarded.
    [Island Center]

The King heaves his great head to look at Anchor, and is surprised to find the Empress attempting to intercede between them. Surely he wouldn't have attacked the stranger... though one can't speak for collateral damage and the like, should the mortal remain as close to the battle as she is.

Ah well. The weakness of the Scion is his strength. In one moment, the king is still, the next he's hurtling forward like a freight train. His limbs stamp and smash, trampling the island beneath his twisted feet and his clenched fist. He's a little on the slow side, perhaps due to the imbalance of missing a limb, yet the actual impairment is deceptive...

It seems to have no effect on his ability to dive at the Empress, throwing his arm forward at the span of seven men laid heads to feet, nor to affect a legendary thrust with that same arm at the Empress's exposed middle. The rusted carver juts through the air, seeking blood to paint it's pitted point.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #317
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Island Center]

Spoiler: Previously
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Since the nameless man is curious enough he goes along the shore and takes notes of the boats there. With a look a round a a shrug he takes one and starts his way to the island in the Middle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    The King heaves his great head to look at Anchor, and is surprised to find the Empress attempting to intercede between them. Surely he wouldn't have attacked the stranger... though one can't speak for collateral damage and the like, should the mortal remain as close to the battle as she is.

Ah well. The weakness of the Scion is his strength. In one moment, the king is still, the next he's hurtling forward like a freight train. His limbs stamp and smash, trampling the island beneath his twisted feet and his clenched fist. He's a little on the slow side, perhaps due to the imbalance of missing a limb, yet the actual impairment is deceptive...

It seems to have no effect on his ability to dive at the Empress, throwing his arm forward at the span of seven men laid heads to feet, nor to affect a legendary thrust with that same arm at the Empress's exposed middle. The rusted carver juts through the air, seeking blood to paint it's pitted point.

This armored giant is...protecting her? That's rather kind. Maybe. It makes up for the Empress's presumptuous words. But it doesn't answer her question.
    Anchor makes a single deliberate step forward.

"If no explanation is forthcoming while the battle goes on-"
    Her shadow scampers up, offering something. A sword, a huge claymore that takes on depth as Anchor takes hold of it, no longer a mere trick of the light, but still dark, dark. Then her image slips off past her, circling the combatants, completely ignoring its proper place on the opposite side of the woman from the sun.
    "-I'll just have to defeat you both!"

A bold claim, that. She adjusts her grip, lifts the blade, and settles into a guarded stance. Who knows what these monsters are capable of?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

Iknika's ears perk up. Reminding him of who?

"I haven't really explored it much myself yet. Might as well do it now. It is safe, according to Brinika's aunt."

She moves to get up.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

Isaac gets up too, dusting off his pants and hefting his "staff."
    "Sounds good, then. " he says cheerily, wondering if he'd even feel it if he carried Iknika on his shoulders. He's still not totally sure on how strong he is.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

Iknika looks down at herself.

"...I should probably get out of this armour," she says. "Although maybe walking around in it will count as exercise."

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

Isaac shrugs.
    [COLOR="#FFA07A"]"Do what you want. You can bring your axe if you want. You can't really swing my mace if we run into trouble. Not that I'm much of an asset with it at this point."[/COLOR he says, laughing at the image of Iknika using the massive weapon.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew]

"Alright then. I'll protect you if we run into anything," Iknika says, flexing proudly in her armour. "That's what knights do, you know." She then looks at the yew. "Bye, Baccatta."

23. - Top - End - #323
    Orc in the Playground

By the Yew

The yew rustles, menacingly, thinking thoughts of death and malice to the pathetic fleshlings with their short, short lives.

Baccata leans out of her tree, her torso sticking from the yew's bark. "Bye, guys! See you later, maybe?" She waves vigorously.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Yew

Isaac waves at Baccata and follows Iknika's lead wherever they go.
    "So uh, if I decide I'd like to wash up before I head home, is there a shower big enough, or would I be using the lake?" he asks tentatively.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

[By the Yew ==> Forest Path]

"I'm pretty sure there is a big shower," Iknika says. "There are big people here. Like Brinika's aunt's boyfriend."

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest Path

"Oh, really? How big is he? It might be nice. There are showers at school but they're never warm enough. And I can't ever go home when I'm like this. I don't know what my parents would say." Isaac says sadly.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Island Center

If The Empress had any inclination to respond to Anchor, it is immediately halted by the earth-shatteringly loud groan of metal being torn apart. The carving knife, as ancient as The Empress' own armor, loses much of its momentum in the effort to puncture through the thick plate, but puncture it it does. It sinks in deep, piercing the woman right below her ribcage and out her back. Moving to interpose herself had left her open and she seems to have paid dearly for it.

Even so, with blood pouring out of her armor at both the entrance and exit wound, The Empress doesn't seem to fault. Her shield is dropped as her left gauntlet snatches the hand holding large knife. The Empress, great-granddaughter of strength and winter itself, squeezes with enough strength to likely crush the hand holding the knife, but she won't let go as she tries to hold it and its owner in place. Her right hand, still holding her sword, lashes out once more to try and cut through the Buzzard king's arm.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

[Forest Path]

Iknika looks up at Isaac, frowning in thought.

"Well... he's probably still smaller than you are. Shorter and less broad. I don't know him that well. But you should still be fine." Her ears twitch. "So your parents have no idea this happens to you?"

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest Path

"No, I haven't told them. I haven't told them about any of my little magical incidents actually. And just because I'm immune to being turned into anything else doesn't mean that they'll take this one well." Isaac says, remembering how much they freaked over the first incident.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

[Forest Path]

"Does this kind of thing happen to you a lot?" Iknika asks, sounding concerned.