New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 91

1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 91

[Entrance]

"I guess that makes sense. Knight training is a lot more straightforward. I just hold my ground and hit things," Iknika says, then pauses. "Well, I'm underselling it. But you know what I mean."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Orc in the Playground

Entrance

"Yes, I do know what you mean. It's, like... Learning how to stand to not get knocked over, and where to hit to stop whatever you're hitting, and so on, right? I watched my brother's fencing lessons occasionally." Though Natalie never had fencing lessons of her own, as they didn't really interest her. Primarily because she watched her brother get hot and sweaty in all the gear. And knighthood probably isn't the same as a young gentleman's self-defence classes with sabre and staff.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance]

"Oh, there's a lot," Iknika says. "Standing firmly is part of it, yeah. And, like... knowing where you are in relation to everyone else. And then you do need to hit something hard."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Orc in the Playground

Entrance

"Have you put the armour on yet? I'll help, if you need it. I mean, Dad owned three old sets of full plate, and there's so many straps in awkward places. One was a wedding present, I'm not sure about the other two." They were quite different, too. All different styles and ages. Though Iknika, still training, might not have a full suit yet.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance]

"Oh, I have. Started out with my teacher's old suit. She started training when she was younger than I am," Iknika explains. "It's important to get used to it and build up endurance. Humans have different body proportions than goblins, but we managed. "

6. - Top - End - #516
    Orc in the Playground

Entrance

"Quite a bit younger, if it fit. Um, assuming she's human. I've not met her, but it's usually a safe bet." Humans may be outnumbered by nonhuman characters, but there's more humans than, for random example, humanoid rat-people, or goblins, and so on.

The Dancing Elf is still here, still flitting around and dancing. She's a little upset that nobody's watching her dance; if she isn't here to fight, maybe she's here to entertain, so that's what she's trying very hard to do. She's very graceful and elegant, though has a distressing habit of flitting around slightly faster than the human eye can see, making keeping track of her location a little difficult. Dragonflies are also capable of the feat, which is why even though they should be easy to spot, being brightly coloured and moving, they disappear when they decide to move.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance]

"She's human, but a really big human," Iknika says. "I'm not sure why she's so big, honestly. I've never asked her." The goblin's ears flick back to the fairy. "I think she's getting restless."

8. - Top - End - #518
    Orc in the Playground

Entrance

Natalie stops to think a moment about the knowledge of Iknika's teacher being bigger than normal, before being distracted by Iknika reminding her of the Dancing Elf's presence. "Oh! Right. Thank you, miss. I wished to demonstrate my abilities, and for that you have served perfectly. I apologise for ignoring you, but I am grateful for your service. I have no further purpose for you, so it is time to return. Goodbye." With that, and a quick flourish, red card symbols swirl around Natalie as the Dancing Elf drops into a curtsy and disappears with a twinkle of red light.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance]

"That was nice," Iknika says. "And we've got a new member of our crew. Want to go hang out now? I promised Brinika I'd visit her."

That seems to be the end of the scene, so they can do it off-screen.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Orc in the Playground

Entrance

"Always pays to be polite. Just in case something goes wrong." Not necessarily the summoned creature breaking free; could also Natalie being knocked out, or put into magical sleep and unable to give orders. "Sure! Let's go." Natalie smiles and will turn towards Mushroom Cabin, unless Iknika has more recent information.

Yes, this is a natural stop. That can be off-screen.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

Main Entrance

Barefoot, Annie limps around the perimeter towards the main entrance to GLoG. Her left hand holds her disintegrating sneakers and her right crosses her middle, holding the wound on her forearm against her chest to staunch the bleeding. It isn't deep enough for her to worry about bleeding out, but the front of her sky-blue dress is covered in dribbles and runs.

Staggering after her are six undead; four humanoid zombies and two animated skeletons. They followed her movements, stopping when she stopped, picking up the pace as she neared the main entrance and broke into an undignified limping run. Other than wanting to follow her, though, they seem fairly peaceful. Where the cactuses ended in the entryway, one lagging zombie walks into the wall and calmly impales itself, getting temporarily stuck as it tries to rip its way through to get to her.

Annie ignores them as best she can. Although she can feel her magic coursing through them, she doesn't want to believe that she could have actually raised them. If her parade isn't stopped, then she'll pause in front of the main lodge and call out, “is there anyone here? I... I think I've done something terrible!”

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Entrance]

Annie will see a short, brown-skinned goblin woman (from her player's signature) approach the entrance to the camp, as she goes through it. She looks thoroughly unimposing, and her only distinguishing feature is one of her eyes being smoky green, rather than yellow. However, there seems to be a presence around her. She's accompanied by spirits, which Annie might be able to feel or even see.

"What happened? Do you need help?" she asks, directly.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

Main Entrance

Annie is extremely attuned to the presence of spirits, and can hear and see almost all. That was the entire problem. The moment she sees them, whatever they may look like, she takes a step back and violently answers, "NO! Wait.. yes, but not from spirits. No more spirits, please."

Sun-dazed and weak from blood-loss, stress and a long walk, Annie seems quite out of sorts. She drops her shoes and puts her hand to her temple, as though trying to physically hold together her thoughts. "Is this GLoG? I need to get to GLoG. They- It's not my fault, you must understand," she's practically pleading with the goblin woman, "I didn't kill them. But if I had killed them, and it really is my fault... there's a way back from it, right? There's a way to make it all better? I think GLoG has an answer."

She shakes her head, trying to clear it. "Your spirits there. Do they help? I don't think I ever met one that did."

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Entrance]

The spirits take the form of a wolf, two deer and a hawk. Reelshka takes a slow step forward.

"The spirits are here to protect us. They won't harm anyone. Can you follow me to our infirmary? You clearly need medical attention."

15. - Top - End - #525
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

Main Entrance

"Uh," says Annie, eyeing the spirits nervously despite Reelshka's assurance, "yes. Yes, I can do that." She will then follow Reelshka in a daze, wherever the goblin leads her, keeping her distance from the spirits.

The undead, unless stopped, will move as soon as Annie does, taking the most direct route towards her. If this takes them through a building, they will stop and hammer dumbly at the building with all their strength, not possessing the intelligence to go around. This could potentially damage a building, but they will not hurt anyone. They seem only interested in following.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Entrance ==> Infirmary]

Reelshka leads Annie to the infirmary, where she hopes to find one of the campsite's medics to take care of her wounds. The spirits will try to corral the undead and keep them from doing any harm to the buildings.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Orc in the Playground

Entrance --> Infirmary

Drawn by the dead, a dryad approaches. She looks about nineteen, with dark green yew needles growing from slender branches that serve as hair, intermixed with bright red berries. Her skin is quite dark, and her eyes are the brown of polished yew wood. She's currently wearing a red jumpsuit with the words 'Vault J' emblazoned upon the back; the front zip is far enough down to show she's nude beneath, as the jumpsuit is the only clothing she owns. "Do you need help with these things? Making them properly dead, or containing them? I can help." Baccata- the dryad- is linked to a yew tree, and therefore has a connection to death, and some skill with death-related magics. Though animated corpses aren't something she's had much experience with, she may still be able to do something.

Alternately, if Morty & Peppered have this handled, Baccata isn't here.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Bugbear in the Playground

Infirmary

When they enter the infirmary they may hear the sound of stone scratching stone. Looking out for the sound they notice that it comes from a man who seems to got his back pointed at them. If they go closer they might see that he is woking with a mortar. When they get that close the man speaks up.

"Hello, can I help you?" he says.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #529
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

Entrance --> Infirmary

Annie gives the dryad an absent smile until she starts talking, when it quickly turns to a disapproving frown. But disagreements are to be expected when a necromancer meets a dryad. "Can things be 'properly' dead? The dead aren't even proper. They're vessels waiting to be filled. I didn't mean to animate them; it was self defense. I was going to make them the most 'proper' kind of undead - alive. If you destroy them, then they're just a waste." She doesn't stay behind to protect them though, and will not put up an argument if Baccata does start destroying them. They're not difficult to corrall back from the buildings, but the spirits have to be pretty persistent since the undead are tireless in their want to follow Annie.

Upon reaching the infirmary, Annie shrugs at the doctor's back. She doesn't seem to realize her rather muddled state, nor that he's a doctor, nor even really where they are. "I could use some help. I'm hoping to get to GLoG. Unless you three can help me? It's a moral question, really, but I'm told they have a good answer. Tell me, do good intentions make an evil person?"

Medically speaking, Annie is dehydrated. Every inch of her pale exposed skin is bright red from the sun. The inside of her right arm is slashed open several inches length-wise below the elbow, but the bleeding had been staunched about several hours ago, leaving her dress a splotchy mess.
    Last edited by Peppered; 2017-06-26 at 05:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"You are in GLoG, and we'll help you."

Once helpers arrive, Reelshka takes charge rather decisively. Whatever Annie's motives are, they need to wait until she's coherent.

"Please take a look at her, Andy. She's clearly in a bad state," she tells the doctor, before looking outside to Baccata. "Don't destroy them. I'm not sure she'd take it well. But try to keep them in one place and not making trouble."

21. - Top - End - #531
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

"I can help make them alive, too. If you know their names, anyway. I can't put them back into their bodies if I don't know whose bodies they are. And if you get it wrong, I'll ferry a soul back to go into its body which isn't here, so it'll either be a bodiless ghost or return to its own corpse, wherever it may be. And if they've been buried, that'll be bad for them." Baccata's a yew dryad. Yews are associated with death, and so is Baccata. She's a psychopomp, and can ferry souls to Death from Life, or back the other way. But if she helps them to Death, she can't help them to Life, though that's not likely to stop her here. These people all have their skulls, and Baccata collects those. She'll go up to one of the skeletons and mirror its movements for a few seconds, as she tries to break its connection to Annie, and replace it with her own. If it works, the skeleton will mirror her and follow her as it was following Annie.

22. - Top - End - #532

[Infirmary]

The man stops his work and stands upp, as he does so he takes on the labcoat that was placed on the chairs back.

"Let's see."

As he looks at Annie she migth notice that the doctor is missing the iris on his left eye, yet it seems he uses both. In fact the left one is an atificial eye and also able to use scans. He will look at her and scan her so he doesn't miss anything.

"Well, it's best to lay down ove4r here for you."
    he says and points at a bed. "I take care of the wound, but you also need to drink something, Also do you have problems with the sun or did you travel through a hott place?"

23. - Top - End - #533
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Annie obediently sits down on the bed Andy had motioned to, and gives Baccata a relieved, but confused, smile. “You... would help me with this? That was my question. I was starting to doubt if it was all justified, but if this really is GloG, then maybe... Okay. But I don't know any names for you. Moving the old souls back in would defeat the purpose. The souls destined for those bodies were already bodiless ghosts - souls who couldn't move on, for whatever reason. I was the one who killed the bodies' prior owners; I had to prepare them to be vessels. You wouldn't want those type of people back anyways. I was starting to doubt though... but if you want to help them, then please do. I failed them, perhaps you won't.”

Baccata, upon approaching the skeleton, may notice a series of arcane symbols carved into the bones on its upper arms, and a silver chain around its neck. Annie had been preparing it to be a pseudo-lich. But its bond to her is fairly weak; she had not finished with it yet, and she had never intended to control it. It yields to Baccata's movements remarkably easily. Annie lets it happen, believing Baccata to understand her motives.

Her attention turns to the Reelshka and the doctor. “Oh! What are you doing?” She's never been scanned before, and is genuinely curious. “But thank you. I'm surprised I made it here though. It wanted me far away from any help. I've been walking outside under the sun for hours. I had hoped to find... oh, I don't know.” Redemption is the word she's looking for, but isn't a word she's used to considering. She hoped Reelshka understood anyways, without the exact word.
    Last edited by Peppered; 2017-06-26 at 06:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Sending those souls where they belong sounds like the best thing to do," Reelshka states, authoritatively. "What wanted you far away from any help?"

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clash of Titans - Island]

Well, seems like a "protect the person with the bullcrap overtuned magic spear" strategy seems to be the order of the day. That shield seems to be doing work on the pure 'protection' front, so Cassandra decides to make her goal, 'disruption'. Re-emerging at a spot behind and to the left of Anchor, she summons a glob of magical energy in her hands, which she hurls at the Beast King's face. Upon arrival, the magical energy should burst into a dazzling and disorienting array of brightly colored flashes and sparks, hopefully keeping the ugly guy distracted and inconvenienced for longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

"I can't put them in somebody else's body. I could see about making them some new ones, though. It'd take time, and they won't be as... nice as their original ones." Because Baccata will create the bodies from leaf-mould around a skeleton of rotting wood. Less 'new life' more like 'haunted forest monster'. "Or I can help them find a nice afterlife. There's plenty around, and I can take them there. But I won't be able to bring them back if I do."

Baccata doesn't understand Annie's motives. Baccata has difficulty understanding other people... Not helped by the fact her tree is a semi-mobile yew that really doesn't like people. She's personally leaning to asking the ghosts what they want, and helping them that way.

Main Cabin

A wagon pulls up outside, quite long with four wheels made from solid wood with an arched roof covered in black canvas. It's pulled by a pair of grumpy-looking dromedary camels (though it's hard to find a camel that doesn't look grumpy) and driven by a dark-skinned male elf wearing a dusty black suit and a battered top hat; a crossbow quarrel sticks from one side. After they arrive, he dismounts and helps another gentleman out of the back. The second fellow is human, with pale skin and clad differently- he wears a brown leather kilt, green chequered shirt and a brown leather waistcoat, topped off with a brown tricorn hat. They're both armed; the elf has a copper-bladed hatchet hanging from his belt-loops, whilst the human wears a sword sheathed in brown leather.

27. - Top - End - #537

Infirmary

When Annie takes place, Andy will look for some mediciine he will need. A cold shiver runs down his neck as he hears the story.

"Did I get that right? You killed people and then used their dead bodys to put other souls into them which resulted in the undeads outside?"

Then he will start the treatment. First of he offers her a glass of that seems to contain a viscous liquid. It will have a mint taste and if she drinks it it should cool her down so the sunburns and sunstroke (if happened) shouldn't hurt anymore.
    After that he tries to give her an injection on the wounded arm, just a bit above the wound. This will numb the arm in a few seconds. He will then continue to clean the wound, stich it, putting a paste on it and put a bandage around it. The paste will speed the healing up, but it will not heal immediatly. At least he takes the mortar he used bevor, puts water to the ingredients inside and then rubs the so created cream over the sunburnt skin.

"You are lucky I prepared that right now."

28. - Top - End - #538
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Main Cabin

A wagon pulls up outside, quite long with four wheels made from solid wood with an arched roof covered in black canvas. It's pulled by a pair of grumpy-looking dromedary camels (though it's hard to find a camel that doesn't look grumpy) and driven by a dark-skinned male elf wearing a dusty black suit and a battered top hat; a crossbow quarrel sticks from one side. After they arrive, he dismounts and helps another gentleman out of the back. The second fellow is human, with pale skin and clad differently- he wears a brown leather kilt, green chequered shirt and a brown leather waistcoat, topped off with a brown tricorn hat. They're both armed; the elf has a copper-bladed hatchet hanging from his belt-loops, whilst the human wears a sword sheathed in brown leather.
    Main Cabin

Hidrus watched the wagon coming, and approach the two visitors as they get out of the veicle. He is dressed in his usual t-shirt, black with green sign, and green-gray trousers. He's armed, too, though his weapon is not currently detectable

"well, greetings. do you need something here? or maybe you want to talk to someone?"

29. - Top - End - #539
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Annie is a very good patient. She sits still and calmly lets the doctor work, not flinching at the injection and slowly sipping on the mint liquid. "Not quite," she tells them, "the ones outside are still hollow and empty. Though many spirits would like any body really; design as you'd like. But I've made many others. And I only ever used spirits that were very sincere and very heartbroken. Until today. Today, a few hours ago, I bound the spirit that taught me how to do all this. Only... it wasn't human, like I thought. I don't know what it was. It had such specific requests, reagents I had trouble finding and spells that, well, I'm not really sure what they did. But it had taught me so much, how to help so many lost spirits, I had to help it, didn't I? I don't know what it was, but it tried to kill me; I think it feared how much it had taught me, so it turned the souls I had helped live again against me... I think I might have done something terrible by binding it to a body."

She finishes her drink and fiddles with the glass, not wanting to look anyone here in the eye. "Thank you. I feel much better now. Less... dizzy. What are your names?"

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"I'm Reelshka," the goblin says. "If the bodies outside are just empty vessels, they should be allowed to rest. I'm more concerned about the other spirit you mentioned. What body did you give it?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-06-28 at 11:43 AM.