New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 91

1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 91

[Infirmary --> Cabins]

"We've got plenty of spare clothes, so that won't be a problem," Reelshka says. "If you can help with repairing and modifying them, that's even better. They're donated by people, so they're in a varying condition." She looks at the cabins before her. "Do you have any preferences for where you'd like to live? Our cabins are pretty similar."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary --> Cabins

"I can't help with choosing one, either. I live in my yew." She can physically merge with it, though I'm not sure if she's physically merged with it, or is using the tree to access a personal extradimensional space where she can keep things. Or maybe she's both. Not like it matters too much; the yew's hostility means nobody can visit her there. Even if she wanted them to, which is unlikely.

Ironoak Cabin

Natalie grins at Tuskfang and Brinika, waving at Tuskfang who's noticed, and will sit nearby. "Hi, guys. Can we join you?"
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Ironoak Cabin]

Reelshka leads Erin and Natalie towards one of the cabins. There, they will see two children, sitting on the porch. One is a small boy that looks like a goblin, but with prominent wolfish features. Like a tail, hairy arms and wolf-like ears. Here he is with his mother:

Spoiler
    Show

He's waving a stuffed wolf and plush owl around, making noises. Nearby sits a goblin girl, who looks around ten or eleven. She's bigger than the boy, but not as much as her age would suggest.

Spoiler
    Show

The drone is hovering behind them, keeping an eye on both. The goblin girl is idly playing drums. The boy looks up first. His nose twitches and his tail is wagging. He recognizes his mother and Natalie, but who's this with them?
    Erin just watched the other two children. It looked like she was right between them age-wise. The girl seemed older than her by a couple years, and the boy seemed younger than her by a couple years, though it was hard to tell, considering she'd never seem a goblin before. Her tail tucked between her legs a bit -- she wasn't very good with approaching other children.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

[Isle Center]

Darn. That's unfortunate. A trap is no use if it's not even going to be sprung. Cass lurks in the shadows for the moment, watching for another opportunity to strike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

"This is my son Tuskfang and my niece Brinika," Reekshka tells Erin. "Kids, this is Erin. She'll be staying with us for a while."

Erin need not worry, because Tuskfang is approaching her as rapidly as his short legs will allow. He looks up at her and grins, his tail wagging.

"Hi! Do you want to see my aminals? Their names are Fuzzy and Flutter." He waves the wolf and owl around a little.

Brinika follows suit after Tuskfang. Her large, orange eyes peer at the new child.

"Hi Natalie. And hi Erin. I hope you'll like it here."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

"I like your drums, Brinika. I've never been particularly musical. How about you, Erin? Do you like music?" Hopefully Natalie isn't making things too distracting for Erin, with her already being asked questions by Tuskfang.

((Sorry, I'm having difficulty figuring out what Natalie should do.))

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

"This is my son Tuskfang and my niece Brinika," Reekshka tells Erin. "Kids, this is Erin. She'll be staying with us for a while."

Erin need not worry, because Tuskfang is approaching her as rapidly as his short legs will allow. He looks up at her and grins, his tail wagging.

"Hi! Do you want to see my aminals? Their names are Fuzzy and Flutter." He waves the wolf and owl around a little.
    Erin nodded quietly. "Okay," she replied.

Brinika follows suit after Tuskfang. Her large, orange eyes peer at the new child.

"Hi Natalie. And hi Erin. I hope you'll like it here."
    "Thank you...." Erin replied.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Ironoak Cabin

"I like your drums, Brinika. I've never been particularly musical. How about you, Erin? Do you like music?" Hopefully Natalie isn't making things too distracting for Erin, with her already being asked questions by Tuskfang.

((Sorry, I'm having difficulty figuring out what Natalie should do.))
    Erin nodded again. "I like the Rolling Stones...."
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #608
    Orc in the Playground

The weasel squeaks and pushes his nose into Asher's cheek.

"He says he missed you!" It's hard to say if Tuskfang can actually understand the weasel. "D'you live in the clouds? Issit cold up there?" he prattles.

"I don't think they live in the clouds, Tuskfang," Reelshka clarifies. "It's more like the place spirits come from, until your dad calls them here."

"Dad knows ev'ryfing about 'pirits," Tuskfang declares.
    [Ironoak Cabin - Asher and Tuskfang]

Asher giggles at the affection he receives from Bouncy, and tilts his head so his cheek's nuzzling back against the weasel. "I m-missed you, t-too!" He replies, full of genuine emotion, grinning widely all the time. In response to Tuskfang's question and Reelshka's assertion, though, Asher giggles and nods his head, perhaps in the process tickling Bouncy back. "It's a p-place up, an' t-there's l-lots of wind! Momma s-says we're h-half g-gods." All of a sudden, Asher frowns a bit, as he realizes that he doesn't know what a god is.

Tuskfang to the rescue, then, since his Dad knows lots and lots. "D-does your Dada know w-what a g-god is?" He asks his friend.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

Tuskfang puts the two toys to his ears for a bit, as if listening. Then he declares:

"Fuzzy an' flutter like you. You smell kinda like dad. Are you a wolfen?"

"I don't think she is," Reelshka says. "Just a bit similar. His father's a wolfen, you see. Tuskfang is one of a kind."

"A woblin!" Brinika pipes up. "I can play drums, and a bit of flute. But you can't sing while playing a flute, and I like to sing. People say my singing is pretty."

Tuskfang's ears twitch a bit as he thinks.

"Umm... he says they're big an' important people. Like the biggest 'pirits. Brinika's got a bit of a god... ess in her. But I dunno what it means."

"That's not quite what it means, but close enough," Reelshka declares. Tuskfang's grandparents are actually the closest Wolfen have to gods, being their creator spirits. But his parents will tell him that when he's older.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin- Erin, Natalie & Brinika, Tuskfang & Reelshka

"My singing in this shape is not worth listening to. Honestly, it's bad. Other shapes are better." Especially her robin shape; I decided to swap from the chickadee because I can never remember what one looks like, but robins nest in my back garden. Spider monkeys might make noise, too. I'm not sure.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

[Infirmary --> Cabins]

"We've got plenty of spare clothes, so that won't be a problem," Reelshka says. "If you can help with repairing and modifying them, that's even better. They're donated by people, so they're in a varying condition." She looks at the cabins before her. "Do you have any preferences for where you'd like to live? Our cabins are pretty similar."
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Infirmary --> Cabins

"I can't help with choosing one, either. I live in my yew." She can physically merge with it, though I'm not sure if she's physically merged with it, or is using the tree to access a personal extradimensional space where she can keep things. Or maybe she's both. Not like it matters too much; the yew's hostility means nobody can visit her there. Even if she wanted them to, which is unlikely.
    "If at all possible, I'd like to live alone. And that's more for the sake of the other people, I think. I'm just not used to being around the living, or corporeal. I like your spirits though." She'd been admiring them for a while. If they had been following them for the walk, she'll reach out to one of the deer, asking if she could pet it.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

Erin tilted her head. "....A 'wolf in' what?" she asked.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary --> Cabins]

The spirit-deer inclines its head cautiously, allowing the petting. Reelshka's ears twitch.

"Hmm. We can set you up on your own, but someone will have to check on you regularly. Nothing intrusive, but it's for your safety. Is that fine with you?"

[Ironoak Cabin]

Tuskfang opens his mouth, and closes it. He has no idea what she means. Reelshka smiles.

"Not a 'wolf in'. A wolfen. It's the name of the people Tuskfang's dad comes from. They look a lot like wolves, but they walk upright."

"Do you know how to sing as a bird? I don't think birds have to learn how to sing," Brinika tells Natalie.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary --> Cabins

"I could do it. Pop in, make sure she's settled and safe, and there's no dead things causing her trouble." Baccata's rather eager to do it, as I rarely play her and she doesn't get too many visitors or scenes.

Ironoak Cabin

"I can, yes. Well enough to... Not talk, exactly, but... Communicate, rather, with real robins. They respond to my warning calls, at least. There's only a few messages used by birds, really. I didn't have to learn to sing as a robin, but nor did I have to learn how to climb a tree as a monkey. The basic knowledge of how to function in that form seems to come with the shape itself. I'm... Not sure how it works." How latent shapeshifters work is a major scientific quandary on her homeworld, because despite being a supernatural ability, most wizards and mages don't detect any unusual energies during the transformation... Unless the shifter is wearing enchanted clothes that change with the wearer, like Natalie does.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Infirmary -> Exit]

Nadas is glad enough to be leaving after not too-long, his arm now properly cleaned and bandaged. That infirmary of ghosts and unseen voices was right unsettling. While it's good that someplace like this exists, he'll be happy if he doesn't need to come back.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #616
    Orc in the Playground

Tuskfang's ears twitch a bit as he thinks.

"Umm... he says they're big an' important people. Like the biggest 'pirits. Brinika's got a bit of a god... ess in her. But I dunno what it means."

"That's not quite what it means, but close enough," Reelshka declares. Tuskfang's grandparents are actually the closest Wolfen have to gods, being their creator spirits. But his parents will tell him that when he's older.

The frown on Asher's face outright disappears as soon as he hears the phrase 'the biggest spirits'. "Ooooohhh..." He says, coming to a conclusion. "The r-really strong s-spirits! M-momma says I have g-god-ness too." He squeals excitedly, bobbing up and down a bit on the very spot he's standing.

The winged nephilim turns his attention to Reelshka, wanting to see what she'll make of his little declaration, if he's right. He trots over to her and gives her a hug, regardless.

"Ril-shka... c-can Tus'fang and m-me go and play?" He asks, looking up at her with big orange eyes.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

Infirmary --> Cabins

"That's fine!" Annie's quick to agree. A safe place to live? Indoors? What a strange day. "Especially if it's Baccata. I still want to learn how to make leaf litter bodies. They seem less troublesome." She's a little surprised to hear Baccata using the phrase 'dead things causing trouble', but doesn't comment on it. Proof that they do is piling up. She debates asking if Reelshka's spirits want their own living bodies, but Reelshka's constantly twitching ears make Annie believe she's unsettled the goblin enough for one day.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary --> Cabins]

"Hmmm. Very well, then," Reelshka says, approaching a small cabin labelled as Sequoia Cabin. "This one is small, unoccupied and reasonably close to Baccata's yew. All the furniture is there, so we'll just have to carry in some other necessities."

Reelshka knows that Asher and his mother are divine beings, so she takes his declaration in stride. In her experience, the term "god" is very diluted in the Nexus, so she just treats them like she does everyone else.

"Of course. Just don't go wandering too far and be careful," she says.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Orc in the Playground

Sequoia Cabin

"Oh, yes. There's my yew. Hi, yew!" Baccata points out her yew, standing in its fenced off area. She waves as she says hi, and the tree's branches sway back- against the wind.

As for Baccata's 'dead things causing trouble', she doesn't mean all dead things cause trouble. Just some of them.

Blood Moon- Infirmary Bedroom

Natalie tosses and turns in her bed, dreaming of the moon, and trees. She'll be surprised when she wakes up, for certain- she has shifted into her rarely used and very embarrassing slothgirl shape. The latent shapeshifter's body is covered in thick brown fur, her fingers have curled into a sloth's long claws, and her neck has grown an extra vertebrae. Her face is the same shape, but her lower muscle mass and reduced metabolism prevent her moving very quickly, and worst of all, her skeleton has morphed such that it is too slothlike to easily walk on land, yet too humanlike to move through trees like a sloth.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2017-08-08 at 05:24 PM.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Orc in the Playground

Reelshka knows that Asher and his mother are divine beings, so she takes his declaration in stride. In her experience, the term "god" is very diluted in the Nexus, so she just treats them like she does everyone else.

"Of course. Just don't go wandering too far and be careful," she says.

"T-thank youuu!" Asher squeals, and takes Tuskfang's arm, eager to get going. "L-let's go now, Tus'fang! Do you k-know where C-chea-sadh is?" He pronounces it correctly, i.e. kay-sah according to Irish Gaelic pronunciation, which Tuskfang might find weird. "A-and P-pookie!"

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Spoiler: So this thing walks in
    Show

and it says in english: I am one named Unaabhi. I was told that you in need of a surgeon? If so I wish to join.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

Tuskfang doesn't know enough about language of pronunciation to find it weird or not. He shakes his head.

"Nuh-uh. Is she at her cabin? Should we go lookin'?" He likes looking for people.

[Infirmary]

Inside, the Mi-Go will spot a short, dark-skinned human woman.

Spoiler
    Show

She looks... not as surprised by the talking mushroom-person as she perhaps should be.

"You've heard right. We're curretnly short on medical professionals. I'm Sophie Mouchabiere, one of the residents here."
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-08-09 at 11:54 AM.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

The Mi-Go puzzles over the fact that this woman's face doesn't convulse like the rest of the humans he's met, but Unaabhi only puzzles for a second before saying: In this case I offer my services as a medic. I am knowledgeable of over thousands of different biologies, and I am well equipped as well. If your organization will accept me, I would be glad to serve.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"We accept anyone who wants to help," Sophie says. "Particularly with medicine. I admit I've never seen or met anyone like you, but that's not a problem."

25. - Top - End - #625
    Orc in the Playground

Lake Shore

This is where Cheasadh is. The eight-year-old gnome girl is tiny, just over half a metre tall. She is blonde, with long hair held in a pony tail long enough to reach most of the way down her back, and bright blue eyes above a nose that looks proportionately larger than a human's would be. She's wearing a pink t-shirt emblazoned with the words "My unicorn made me do it" in large letters upon the front, and a pair of blue denim shorts. She holds a pair of pink crocs in her hand, but she's paddling barefoot in the shallow water of the lake.

Watching from the shore is a little teddy bear like pokemon, with brown fur and a large head, a pale crescent of fur marking a moon-like pattern on its forehead. The Teddiursa is sat on a rock, sucking one of its paws and occasionally dipping it into a pot of honey and bringing it back to its mouth.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Bugbear in the Playground

Somewhere

Andy has taken a brake outside. The whole thing about necromany got on his head. He obviously missed Nadas visit. he sure would be able to help him more then the shosts, but sometimes you need a break. For now he stays outside. If anything important happens they should see him from the infirmary and can call him.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Excellent, starts Unaabhi, Is there some sort of test that I would need to pass in order to prove myself? My only references are from beings who haven't been in this reality yet.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

Sequoia Cabin

Regardless of the interior, Annie is nothing but happy as she enters, and will exclaim, "it's lovely!" Especially to someone used to living near graveyards and dead things! She waves to the yew too, giving it a huge smile although not expecting it to wave back to her. "If I really can stay here, then I promise to help out all that I can, and bother Andy with dead things as little as possible!" And not worry about Kalumin any more, it seems. With all the excitement now, she seems to have forgotten that she recently rose a particularly evil spirit. Maybe later the guilt will make her seek help with that... but then again, maybe not if she stays this comfortable here.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Orc in the Playground

Tuskfang doesn't know enough about language of pronunciation to find it weird or not. He shakes his head.

"Nuh-uh. Is she at her cabin? Should we go lookin'?" He likes looking for people.
    [Looking for Cheasadh - Asher and Tuskfang]

@Earl of Purple

"Let's go s-see!" Asher replies with a giggle, he likes looking for people too. Making sure he's hand-in-hand with his best Nexus friend, he takes off running in the direction of the blue-eyed gnome's cabin.

Mostly? He wants to see Pookie again.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Orc in the Playground

Sequoia Cabin

Baccata's also quite interested in the inside of the cabin, as it's her first time inside one. "I don't like it. I'm glad you do, it's just... All this dead wood." She shivers, slightly.

Blood Moon- Leaving Infirmary, possibly late?

Rather awkwardly, Natalie's leaving. She's still a sloth-girl, with long curved claws on hands and feet and an awkward bone structure, making her movements awkward. She's tried shifting into a shape that moves easier, but she can't. For the duration of the Blood Moon, she's stuck in this awkward form.