New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 91

1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 91

[Lake Shore]

"There they are!" Tuskfang exclaims, pointing his finger at the gnome and her bear.

[Infirmary]

"Hmm. I'm not a doctor myself," Sophie admits. "Even though I've spent a lot of time around them. How did you learn the anatomy of so many species?"

[Sequoia Cabin]

"I'll let you settle in, then," Reelshka says. "I'll have some clothes brought here. If you need me, go look for me in the Ironoak Cabin. I live there with my family. There's a lot more spirits there... my son likes them. So don't be alarmed."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Orc in the Playground

[Lake Shore]

"P-Pookie!" Asher squeals in delight on the sight of the girl and her pokemon (mostly her pokemon) and runs in the direction the woblin is pointing at with his hairy little fingers, letting go of the other boy as soon as they're close enough to be seen by the gnome and her Teddiursa. He skids to a stop, arms spread, beside Pookie, and goes for a big hug.

"Hi C-Chea!" A free, non-huggy hand waves

3. - Top - End - #633
    Orc in the Playground

Lake Shore

When Tuskfang and Asher make their presence known, Cheasadh turns to the sound of their voices and waves, taking a few steps so she's no longer walking with her feet in the water.

Pookie, as expected, hugs back, and is quite eager to hug as well. Though it should be noted his paws are especially sticky, as he has just been eating from a honey pot. He may, or may not, have stolen the honey pot.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Infirmary]

"Hmm. I'm not a doctor myself," Sophie admits. "Even though I've spent a lot of time around them. How did you learn the anatomy of so many species?"
    I learned this many organism's functions by communing repeatedly with Yog-Sothoth, the key and the gate of the multiverse. answers Unaabhi.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake Shore]

Since Pookie is being hugged, Tuskfang wanders over to Cheasadh.

"Hiii. D'you know Asher?"

[Infirmary]

Sophie puts her hands on her hips and tilts her head sceptically.

"And this... being told you about medicine? Have you practised it later?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Yog-Sothoth taught me many things, least of all medicine. answers Unaabhi
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Sophie nods.

"Of course, but I'm asking if you've had the opportunity to practice it on living beings since then."

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Living? No. I have brought some back from the opposite, however. answers Unaabhi.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"You brought people back from the dead?" Sophie sounds rather sceptical about it.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

It is rather easy once one knows how. Sadly I am bound to secrecy on the details of the procedure. answers Unaabhi.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"I doubt I'd understand anything of it anyway," Sophie observes. "Who did you bring back and why?"

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Somehow, even lacking human anatomy, the Mi-Go appears very distant, almost wistful. It then says: A human. My reasons are my own.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Sophie puts her hands on her hips. She knows better than to pry.

"Hm. Well, then. We don't turn anyone away, so we'll have to see how well your skills hold up in practice. In non-emergency situations, of course."

14. - Top - End - #644
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Andy returns from his break to infirmary. As he opens the door he already notice someone is in.

"Hello, sorry I had my break. How can I heeeee.... Woah." he just looked up at the , well thing that is there. He notice Sophie as well so this thing doesn#t seem to make trouble.

"Can I help?" he then asks still worried about the creature
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Unaabhi turns his head towards the newcomer, and says: So-fey here was telling myself of some sort of test that would need to done. I am one named Unaabhi.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Oh. Good to see you, Andy," Sophie says, turning towards him. "Unaabhi here wants to join us as a surgeon. But I'm not really qualified to test his skills as one. This is Andy, our existing doctor," she adds, for the Mi-Go's benefit.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary --> Cabins]

The spirit-deer inclines its head cautiously, allowing the petting. Reelshka's ears twitch.

"Hmm. We can set you up on your own, but someone will have to check on you regularly. Nothing intrusive, but it's for your safety. Is that fine with you?"

[Ironoak Cabin]

Tuskfang opens his mouth, and closes it. He has no idea what she means. Reelshka smiles.

"Not a 'wolf in'. A wolfen. It's the name of the people Tuskfang's dad comes from. They look a lot like wolves, but they walk upright."

"Do you know how to sing as a bird? I don't think birds have to learn how to sing," Brinika tells Natalie.
    "Ohhh," Erin said. Then, not knowing what to do or say next, she fell silent.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

18. - Top - End - #648

[Infirmary]

"Okaaaaaay" he says to Sophia.
    The look of this creature gives him a shiver and he wants to be a surgeon? Well he got some equip, but that won't do in most cases.

"I can get the dummy to see his skills. Will you only use your claws or can you grab a tool?"

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Unaabhi reaches through the air with his crab hands, both of them disappear. He then pulls many devices from the air. None of them look like anything the two other people in the room have ever seen.

I shall use every tool in my disposal.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Sophie steps back and lets the two work. She can be skipped.

21. - Top - End - #651

[Infirmary]

Andy looks confused and his player is as well. Does he have hands or do the claws change to the tool.

"I sure can imagine what you do with them, but I worry a bit if they will do fine."

He walks over to a box. He opens it an pulls a human size dummy out.

"Well, let's see what we got here. Let's start with a standard surgery. Remove tonsils."

The dummy is much like a normal human beeing, just not bleeding. But there is a programm running that tells Andy if anything went wrong.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2017-08-16 at 03:21 PM.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

((Sorry, didn't describe that enough. Unaabhi has a small demi-plane where he keeps most of his stuff. The crab claws are very flexible, contrary to look, and can manipulate tools with utmost precision. He plucked the tools out of the air with said claws))

Unaabhi flutters over the dummy, resting his legs on the table. The scene kind of looks, no utterly looks, horrifying, but the creature gets to work. He let's go of a slim covered stone over the head of the dummy, but the stone does not fall. It starts to vibrate tremendously, and the dummy's mouth slowly moves open until it stops in a possession where Unaabhi can start to work.

The stone easily and painlessly keeps the orifice open. It only works on holes pre built into the body, and does rather gruesome things if used on an incision. Quite a handy tool in a fight, actually.

While the stone hovers over the dummy, Unaabhi sets down the rest of his tools, but keeps one in his claws. The Mi-Go then starts to pull apart the device he kept until it shreds to ribbons. it is then revealed that the device was not a machine at all, but an egg. Thousands of worms with a blue hue then fall into the dummy's mouth. Unaabhi then chitters loudly in his native Language, and the colony then squirms its way into the back of the mouth, latching on the area around the tonsils.

The Gaorishcndyiu are a unique organism constructed by my people used to hold back the flow of fluids and to increase the production of lost tissue by a factor of three hundred forty two point six five three seven two one one percent.

The Mi-Go then reaches for another tool, a long rod, and plunges it down firmly into the left side of the mouth. If the dummy has mock blood, the worms will make more and seal the hole. If the dummy does not have mock blood, the sensors for the dummy's "vitals" will show no negative signs. Unaabhi then pulls the rod, and on the end of it is a glowing blue sphere with the first tonsil encased inside. The Mi-Go puts it down, and grabs another. he repeats this process for the other side. After this the worms crawl out of the dummy's mouth and back to the pile of tools. The then start to secrete a blue foam, and soon enough a new egg is created. Unaabhi touches part of the stone keeping the dummy's mouth open, and the mouth slowly closes.

Surgery was a success I believe. How do feel I acted?

((Sorry for the gritty details, it's just that my horror writing instincts kicked in for a second.))

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

"Do you want to play?" Tuskfang asks Erin.

"I think she may be a little tired, dear," Reelshka reminds him.

"What do you like to play? I like findin' things. Brinika hides 'em."

Brinika nibbles on her braid as Natalie speaks.

"I managed to talk to a bird once, with music. But I think he was a magic bird. He wore a hat," she says, then her ears perk up. "Looks like I might have to hide something for Tuskfang and Erin to find."
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-08-17 at 01:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

"Do you want to play?" Tuskfang asks Erin.

"I think she may be a little tired, dear," Reelshka reminds him.

"What do you like to play? I like findin' things. Brinika hides 'em."

Brinika nibbles on her braid as Natalie speaks.

"I managed to talk to a bird once, with music. But I think he was a magic bird. He wore a hat," she says, then her ears perk up. "Looks like I might have to hide something for Tuskfang and Erin to find."
    Erin thought for a moment.

"Hmmm ... I like tag, or hide and go seek," she replied.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

25. - Top - End - #655
    Orc in the Playground

Ironoak Cabin

"That certainly sounds like a magic bird. I've never met one that wears a hat. At least that I remember, anyway. Do you want help hiding things?" If Tuskfang's any good with that nose, he might be able to find things by tracking where Brinika went. A pair of wings would help in that regard, perhaps. Though, given his youth, perhaps that's a bit too tricky. I don't know, I don't know any toddlers right now.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

[Ironoak Cabin]

"Hide and seek is easy!" Tuskfang proclaims. "I just gotta follow my nose! But we can look for things together! Pleeeaaase?" Tuskfang looks up at Erin with big puppy-dog eyes. He wants to show his new friend his favourite game!

Brinika's ears dip downwards in thought.

"I think a bird shape could help. He's getting better at this."

27. - Top - End - #657

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Infirmary

((Sorry, didn't describe that enough. Unaabhi has a small demi-plane where he keeps most of his stuff. The crab claws are very flexible, contrary to look, and can manipulate tools with utmost precision. He plucked the tools out of the air with said claws))

Unaabhi flutters over the dummy, resting his legs on the table. The scene kind of looks, no utterly looks, horrifying, but the creature gets to work. He let's go of a slim covered stone over the head of the dummy, but the stone does not fall. It starts to vibrate tremendously, and the dummy's mouth slowly moves open until it stops in a possession where Unaabhi can start to work.

The stone easily and painlessly keeps the orifice open. It only works on holes pre built into the body, and does rather gruesome things if used on an incision. Quite a handy tool in a fight, actually.

While the stone hovers over the dummy, Unaabhi sets down the rest of his tools, but keeps one in his claws. The Mi-Go then starts to pull apart the device he kept until it shreds to ribbons. it is then revealed that the device was not a machine at all, but an egg. Thousands of worms with a blue hue then fall into the dummy's mouth. Unaabhi then chitters loudly in his native Language, and the colony then squirms its way into the back of the mouth, latching on the area around the tonsils.

The Gaorishcndyiu are a unique organism constructed by my people used to hold back the flow of fluids and to increase the production of lost tissue by a factor of three hundred forty two point six five three seven two one one percent.

The Mi-Go then reaches for another tool, a long rod, and plunges it down firmly into the left side of the mouth. If the dummy has mock blood, the worms will make more and seal the hole. If the dummy does not have mock blood, the sensors for the dummy's "vitals" will show no negative signs. Unaabhi then pulls the rod, and on the end of it is a glowing blue sphere with the first tonsil encased inside. The Mi-Go puts it down, and grabs another. he repeats this process for the other side. After this the worms crawl out of the dummy's mouth and back to the pile of tools. The then start to secrete a blue foam, and soon enough a new egg is created. Unaabhi touches part of the stone keeping the dummy's mouth open, and the mouth slowly closes.

Surgery was a success I believe. How do feel I acted?

((Sorry for the gritty details, it's just that my horror writing instincts kicked in for a second.))
    Infirmary

Andy looks at the whole operation with disgust. He doesn't hde it at all.
    At the end he starts.
    "Well, I can't really say. This dummy was not usefull for your work. I don't think you used anything to anesthesia him?"he asks. He was not sure if this creature did assume that.
    There is no mock blood, but flesh simular to original one so the sensor will show that the wunds got closed.
    "I'm a bit afraid, the patients did have breathing problems. I mean thousands of worms sure fill the mouth. he survived, but he got some problems." he says.
    "It was a success." he says keeping the but away.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Sophie watches the procedure with some trepidation. Worms...? She manages to keep her cool, but it's an effort even for someone so unflappable.

"That's... unorthodox. It worked, but I think our patients might be disturbed if worms are used to heal them. And like Andy said, wouldn't it cause breathing problems?"

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Sophie watches the procedure with some trepidation. Worms...? She manages to keep her cool, but it's an effort even for someone so unflappable.

"That's... unorthodox. It worked, but I think our patients might be disturbed if worms are used to heal them. And like Andy said, wouldn't it cause breathing problems?"
    The worms are semi incorporial. When our species first started using them they did tend to be... problematic. We have made these worms as useful as they can possibly be. If people detest the worms, I have other methods. I just used the quickest and easiest method as part of the trial. replies Unaabhi.

30. - Top - End - #660

[Infirmary]

"Are your other ways simular to the worms?" Andy asks.
    "Don't get me wrong, I just don't think people would be happy to have any kind of creature in there. Also I'm curiouse. do you got a whole hospital equipment with you? "
    Well having every tool every time and many ways to do thing sounds like Andy won't have much to do.