New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 91

1. - Top - End - #871
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nameless Man's Cabin]

"He shrugs. What do I have to loose." he says. "But let me just make a short check up." he sais. He would try to call someone in charge, just to get the information if Anchor is known here. After all it's his mind and he doesn't really want to get into some kind of evil mind manipulator ark. (I guess we can handwave this unless Anchor did lie to him about most things.)
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #872
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Nameless Man's Cabin]

I don't know exactly what Andy or Reelshka would say about her, but Anchor wasn't lying.
    Her history includes all the events described, she really is a GLoG member and really did study healing here and work in the infirmary.

Once the nameless man gets confirmation, she's smiling, a little smug.
    She lifts a hand up to the side of his head and her eyes flash, bright enough to see the light from behind the sunglasses. Holy magic flows through her and looks into the man's mind, a divination to determine "what's going on here, what happened?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 91

[Outside Guest Cabin]

Eventually, the Squad's fuzziest pair will arrive at the camp. Koshal is wearing a long black coat against the cold, which matches his sword's scabbard. You might think that Koshal did not need his sword to come here, and you'd be right, but Koshal is a very protective boy when it comes to his sword. Leah would be proud of him that he isn't wearing his chainmail under that coat. Faye, his dog, has been clad in a similar little vest to keep the chill off her back. The minotaur tied off his horse to a nearby tree before jogging over, for once his hooves not clopping on the soft grass.
    "Hi guys!" Koshal says, as Faye barks a greeting.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

"Hi Jamie! Hi Natalie!" To tell the truth, Iknika doesn't know Jamie that well. They've met once or twice, and Brinika talks about her a lot, but that's it. Still, she seems like a perfect fit for the young adventuring group. "We're just waiting for- oh, there he is. Hi Koshal. This is Jamie, that we told you about. She's good friends with Natalie and my cousin, and we think she'd fit into our adventuring plans."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Guest Cabin

"Hi, Jamie! Iknika! Yeah, Jamie has magic of her own, life-magic." Though Natalie doesn't know if Jamie can heal injuries, it'd certainly help in an adventuring career, if the books she's read on the subject are accurate.

*This is the post-script from my last post. As I was saying, I kept forgetting what chickadees look like, so I swapped to Eurasian Robin to stop that problem.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Sapling Cabin]

"They're brown or pink, pudgy and vary in size," Reelshka explains. "TGoblins keep the smaller and less toothy kinds as pets. I think next week would be fine. I can talk to my family down there to arrange something interesting for the boys to see."
    [Sapling Cabin]

"Okay, just let us know." Sakura grins. This sounds fun. "The boys will be so excited. I can't wait to tell them."

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    ((Post for Zefir at the bottom of the last page))

[Geneviève's Cabin]

"Well, you know, save it from one particular danger. Making the world safe is quite another thing." Arlem admits, sheepish.
    "There's a seal for a certain unkillable evil that went missing from the WATCHTOWER base when the demons attacked. Now there's a group of warlocks trying to find it and open it. Which would be very regrettable. And the last person to see it was your apprentice...former apprentice?"
    Which is more-or-less true, if not the whole truth.
    She is making an assumption, based on what Thrice-Gazer said earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

[Geneviève's Cabin]

"It's certainly not this soul," the demon floating behind Arlem says briefly. Beyond that, it's not its job to speculate.
    [Geneviève's Cabin]

"My who, now?" says Geneviève, looking confused. "I don't have a apprentice. Or former apprentice. Unless you mean any of my previous architecture students, but unkillable evils, demons, and warlocks sounds like a situation that would lead them very far afield, if any of them are still alive." It has been centuries since she's seen any of them.

She gives the demon a curious look, cautious but not sure what to make of it at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

"Adventuring is always fun," Jamie says, and then blushes slightly at Natalie's description of her abilities. "Well, it's mostly druid-like things. Making vines grow and stuff like that, although I can dull pain, but not true healing."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #879

I don't know exactly what Andy or Reelshka would say about her, but Anchor wasn't lying.
    Her history includes all the events described, she really is a GLoG member and really did study healing here and work in the infirmary.

Once the nameless man gets confirmation, she's smiling, a little smug.
    She lifts a hand up to the side of his head and her eyes flash, bright enough to see the light from behind the sunglasses. Holy magic flows through her and looks into the man's mind, a divination to determine "what's going on here, what happened?"
    ((I don't know if Andy met her after all. My char got no real on Screen time for quiet a while now))

As it was mentioned befor to others, there is a part of his brain that is magical influenced by something. It also appears that he hit his head near that part or maybe something hit him there. This part belongs to the long term memories which obviously include the name. Hard to say if more is influenced since none knows him and he can't remember.

10. - Top - End - #880

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    [Geneviève's Cabin]

"My who, now?" says Geneviève, looking confused. "I don't have a apprentice. Or former apprentice. Unless you mean any of my previous architecture students, but unkillable evils, demons, and warlocks sounds like a situation that would lead them very far afield, if any of them are still alive." It has been centuries since she's seen any of them.

She gives the demon a curious look, cautious but not sure what to make of it at the moment.
    Arlem blinks and twitches her ears, surprised.
    "That's how she was described to us. By the name 'Cassandra'? They'd been with you here at this camp?"
    Hopefully that rings a bell.
    "What is your actual relation to her, then?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    ((I don't know if Andy met her after all. My char got no real on Screen time for quiet a while now))

As it was mentioned befor to others, there is a part of his brain that is magical influenced by something. It also appears that he hit his head near that part or maybe something hit him there. This part belongs to the long term memories which obviously include the name. Hard to say if more is influenced since none knows him and he can't remember.
    "Hmm. This seems...not very good. I mean, well, nevermind."
    It looks to her like his memories are gone for good. But she isn't stopped so easily.
    Anchor tries to dispel and absorb the magical influence, using all her wizardly skill and influence to take the effect apart.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

"That's pretty cool. I mostly hit things with stuff. I only got a little bit of magic recently." Koshal says, nodding to Jamie. Presently, Faye will trot over to the new girl and stare up at her soulfully, expecting pets.

12. - Top - End - #882

"That's how she was described to us. By the name 'Cassandra'? They'd been with you here at this camp?"

"Hmm. This seems...not very good. I mean, well, nevermind."
    It looks to her like his memories are gone for good. But she isn't stopped so easily.
    Anchor tries to dispel and absorb the magical influence, using all her wizardly skill and influence to take the effect apart.
    "If it would look good, I wouldn't have a problem." the man comments cold.

The spell around it appears strong. Her attemps will do something, but it appears to be harder then imagined. As she does this the man shakes in pain. Either the part themself are still wounded and the shield has prevented it from beeing noticed or the memories come in to hard. Hard to tell.

13. - Top - End - #883

At least he's well enough to be sarcastic.

Anchor draws back her hand.
    "There's a spell over your memory centers. It's very thorough, I mean, it's strong, but I think I can remove it. Stay tough. This is going to hurt."
    She flips open her spellbook, flips to a page near the back, and traces a finger along the sigils recorded there. Then she sets her hand back on the man's forehead, redoubling her efforts to absorb the magic, aided by a new spell. She's drawing on the summoner's pain, trying to focus his suffering back upon the spell that's causing it, make the thing that wounded his memory break itself.

If that isn't enough, then for now, curing him is beyond her.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #884
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

"I don't have any magic. Not yet, anyway," Iknika says. "I'm just training to be a knight. I don't know where I could get it, anyway. Brinika was apparently blessed by a goddess, but I haven't met any."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #885

At least he's well enough to be sarcastic.

Anchor draws back her hand.
    "There's a spell over your memory centers. It's very thorough, I mean, it's strong, but I think I can remove it. Stay tough. This is going to hurt."
    She flips open her spellbook, flips to a page near the back, and traces a finger along the sigils recorded there. Then she sets her hand back on the man's forehead, redoubling her efforts to absorb the magic, aided by a new spell. She's drawing on the summoner's pain, trying to focus his suffering back upon the spell that's causing it, make the thing that wounded his memory break itself.

If that isn't enough, then for now, curing him is beyond her.
    [Nameless Man's Cabin]

"What?" the man asks and appears very schocked. "How much did you remove for now?" You could say he is quiet afraid aof the answer, thought he does nothing to stop her from going on.

The pain is nothing that comes from the spell. It's more like the feeling of pain was stored up in this area and with her absorbing the magic it is released as well. So the magic was only one sided and nothing got out. What a strange spell.
    Either way her efforts work and as she doubles her effort it goes twice as fast. The man will writhing in pain during the process. He can barly keep himself in place and things goe worst the more she removes. Should she continue to the end the man will be unconscious after the process.

16. - Top - End - #886

"A spell over your memory. I don't know if it's a curse or a healing attempt gone wrong, but it's definitely trouble. I'm afraid I've only removed a little bit, a corner."

If the pain was just buried in his mind, kept in by the spell, that's fine too. As long as he's feeling it, it can help.
    Some people would stop, or at least pause, when their patient was afraid.
    Some people would stop when their patient was clearly in terrible pain.
    Anchor is not those people, and she continues on until the spell has been entirely absorbed. If anything, she's impressed that he handled the pain so well, and stayed standing and where he was for the entire process. When the summoner passes into unconsciousness at the end, she drops her spellbook and tries to catch him before he falls. Since she already had a hand on him for the spell, it should be easy enough. That done, she'd then carry him to his bed and hang around, waiting for him to wake. Or get worse, possibly. But given how much pain he was clearly in, she doesn't think the collapse is a sign of anything more to worry about.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-03-02 at 10:51 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #887
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Guest Cabin

"Magic's not for everyone, and it can be dangerous. If we go adventuring, though, magic's traditionally something found. Would you like magic?" Natalie asks, curiously. I'm not sure she's aware of the blessing Brinika received; I can't remember. I'm assuming she's aware of it.

I have an idea for a thing they could do, but if Natalie's involved it'll probably be low-to-nil combat, as I dislike fighting myself.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

"You can do all kinds of things just with a sword," Jamie says encouragingly, grinning. "I've heard greatswords are especially good, too."

Faye gets a totally enthuiastic squeal before the puppy starts getting petted and carefully scritched behind the ears!
    After she offers her hand for sniffing, of course.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2018-03-03 at 07:08 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Gust Cabin]

Faye is quite enthusiastic to receiving attention, tongue lolling and tail wagging excitedly.
    "I've only ever met my own goddess. Message is a very nice lady. She even shows up as a minotaur sometimes just for me. And she has nice sunglasses."

Koshal thinks Message usually looks pretty cool. But minotaurs can't pull off the sunglasses look at all.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

"I don't know, really," Iknika admits in response to Natalie's question. "Maybe some magic gear will do. Adventurers have lots of it, right? I feel like I'd have to find it or get it, since I don't really have time to learn it and knight skills. Maybe a magic shield that I could throw."

21. - Top - End - #891
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Guest Cabin

"I might just be being silly, but... Why would you throw a shield? Surely a javelin or an axe is better for that?" Natalie's homeworld doesn't have Captain America because it doesn't have reliable contact with America.

She does move closer to Jamie so she can also stroke Faye. Natalie smells like human, but there's a hint of otter, chameleon, sloth, monkey and robin mixed in. Otter's probably the most recognisable, as dogs have been used to hunt otter.

22. - Top - End - #892

"A spell over your memory. I don't know if it's a curse or a healing attempt gone wrong, but it's definitely trouble. I'm afraid I've only removed a little bit, a corner."

If the pain was just buried in his mind, kept in by the spell, that's fine too. As long as he's feeling it, it can help.
    Some people would stop, or at least pause, when their patient was afraid.
    Some people would stop when their patient was clearly in terrible pain.
    Anchor is not those people, and she continues on until the spell has been entirely absorbed. If anything, she's impressed that he handled the pain so well, and stayed standing and where he was for the entire process. When the summoner passes into unconsciousness at the end, she drops her spellbook and tries to catch him before he falls. Since she already had a hand on him for the spell, it should be easy enough. That done, she'd then carry him to his bed and hang around, waiting for him to wake. Or get worse, possibly. But given how much pain he was clearly in, she doesn't think the collapse is a sign of anything more to worry about.
    [Nameless Man's Cabin]

It may be wose. For some reason he doesn't wake up during the next hours. Or the next day if Anchor waits this long. Any attemp to wake him up will fail. He appears like in a coma of soem sort. This will keep for at least three days unless Anchor got any better idea.

23. - Top - End - #893

After five minutes of the guy not waking up, she comes to the conclusion that it's not just the pain.
    Anchor checks over the summoner for any physical injury, and scans him again to make sure the memory spell really is gone.
    If he's not wounded, and the spell is gone, she guesses that he just needs sleep.

But then, when he's still not up the next day, and isn't wakeable, it looks like things have gone wrong. Maybe the memory spell was actually his original memories, which were in constant danger of falling away, and she accidentally gave him even worse amnesia. Maybe his memories were too traumatic to bear and he's blacked out to forget them. Maybe...well, it could be a lot of things.

Anchor decides to try to go to sleep herself and try to find the nameless summoner in the dream world.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #894

The mind of the men appears totally fine, thought there is still the pain that hasn#t gone totally, but it should be nthing more then a little headach.
    What really is strange is that there are no thoughts. It's a complete black out, which also means he doesn't dream.

((Just to know. his current state is like a coma resulting from the massiv pain that has stored there, which is just a side effekt of the spell that blocked his memories. Hope I don't overdo it and it is resonable in a way.))

25. - Top - End - #895

How odd. What must have happened to him? Is he going to die?
    She wishes she were practiced enough at her magic to dispel someone else's pain. But she isn't.
    When she eventually wakes after finding him unable to dream, Anchor checks to see if the pain seems to be decreasing over time (even if it's only very slowly).

Either way, at this point she has to take the nameless summoner to the infirmary. It's much better suited to the tedious job of keeping coma patients alive than a cabin is. Nothing to see here, just a resident carrying a patient in to get medical care...

((Makes sense to me.))
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

Tail-wags and tongue-lolling? That gets even more pets! And scritches behind the ears!

"Well, if you throw a shield right, you can have it return to you after hitting people. Like a boomerang, but it will richochet off of bad guys," Jamie explains with a smile, only half-listening because pupper.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

[Geneviève's Cabin]

"Oh, her? Merely a wayward wizard that I helped out of a bind," says Geneviève.

"No one with any interest in receiving instruction from me, and I think she would have made for an exceptionally poor pupil." She says, her tone dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

Koshal just shrugs. He doesn't know why you'd go around throwing shields. It doesn't seem practical. And he doesn't even use shields himself so he's not even super familiar with them outside of some basic lessons on their use.

Faye, meanwhile, rolls onto her back and flails her legs playfully at the two girls.

[One Night]

As promised, a spirit should come to visit Natalie in her dreams, assuming that a benevolent spirit can enter the ground unperturbed. Otherwise she might have to sleep outside the grounds for the night.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside Guest Cabin]

Iknika's ears twitch. She's not quite sure what to say to that. Natalie makes a good point. The young goblin gets caught up in cool-sounding ideas rather easily.

"I don't know. I've seen people do it and it looked cool. Maybe it could return to me. But if it didn't, I'd be in trouble."

30. - Top - End - #900
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Guest Cabin

"If you could get it to return it'd be cool. But a returning axe would probably still be more useful." But this doggy has a belly for rubs, and that's what Natalie's doing. Glad Faye's not a cat; ours used to do that, but only so all four sets of claws and teeth could be deployed against anyone foolish enough to try (except Granddad, who could get away with it).

One Night

So long as it can convince the defending spirits that it's OK, it should do. And I recently ran a sub-plot where a demon visited Cheasadh's dreams in GLoG, so I think it's alright.

Natalie's current dream is based on a memory of her father's house, a massive manor house of shiny white limestone, with six floors, an octagonal floor plan and a ten-storey tower at each corner. There's lots of big windows and a very large garden. Natalie's current dream has her sitting on a bench outside a small pagoda-shaped gazebo on a small island in an ornamental pond. There's a big clue that it's a dream, however- everything is still. There's no wind, the fish don't move in the pond, and such a large house would surely require lots of servants and gardeners- somebody should be moving around, yet it's just Natalie.