New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1490

Thread: GLoG 91

1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 91

[Dwarf Fortress]

Laela cranes her head backward to look up at the large cavern. "Wow, it's so big in here. I thought underground places were all small." She comments to no one in particular. Unlike her twin brothers, she hasn't seen the goblin tunnels either, so this is a first. It's a first for Russell too, but he doesn't seem to pay his surroundings any mind. He's far more focused on the small discord nearby as he watches Brinika and Olon.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dwarf Fortress

Oh aye? You don't get any of the blighters either? Utost frowns as he looks around the slightly dusty and overly ornate space. We always thought you were all bleeding them dry before they could get down to us. That's a lot of wasted dwarfhours spent on crafting.

Well Vathez said it's cause we slew Ngordax - there's a little bit of trouble pronouncing the name - in the battle of Imazkekath, but Kithin and Enir said it was cause all goblins came from when powerful demons escaped hell back before Armok sealed it up with adamantine, but dad said that that was just con-jec-ture and that Enir and Kithin couldn't find their butts with a map only he didn't say butts but I'm not allowed to say the word he said. Olon does not stop to breathe - neither then nor in general. I guess you must have beaten the demon in charge of your home. She speculates. Good work Brinika! That must have been hard.

This isn't that big. Endok says, looking at Laela like she's dense. You oughta see the caverns. They're huuuuuuuge. Probably even bigger than outside. I'm not 100% on Endok's math there. Dad can we go see the caverns? Endok calls to his father, stirring him from his reverie.

I thought we might show them the beast pens first, then we can have a look at the caverns on the way back up, alright? Utost tells his son, before motioning to the next door.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

"We're a charity organization, so trading's not really our thing," Reelshka says. "But we could tell people that you've got things to trade, if you'd like."

"Beast pens? Do you have aminals there?" Tuskfang asks, excited.

"Animals, Tuskfang." Good grief, when will he learn not to do that?

Meanwhile, Brinika is still keen on unravelling some racial prejudice.

"There was no demon back home. Never met one, when I think about it. And goblins have nothing to do with them. Goblins are people, same as dwarves or any others." Her ears twitch. "My great-grandpa was killed by dwarves and my grandpa doesn't like them. But you don't see me repeat this stuff."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

Laela giggles. "There's nothing bigger than outside, silly. You can't see walls or a roof outside."

When Utost starts to move again, Russell tugs on Laela's hand to get her attention. Time to go. "Okay I'm coming, Russell."

5. - Top - End - #1175

Dwarf Fortress

They're really big Endok insists. Laela you don't understand. Like massive.

Oh then maybe one of your parents got it? Olon speculates. It could have been a while ago. Anyway I'm sure you're fine or else Dad wouldn't have let you in. Besides if you were the same as dwarves then you'd have a beard already. Olon has a very narrow worldview. Too much time spent hanging around the tavern listening to war stories.

Aye lad, that we do. And that would be very appreciated. Utost says, as he leads them deeper underground, through a more populated area of the fortress. There are regular intersections now, with dwarves rushing about and casting suspicious and at times even hostile looks at the party. Not everyone was on board with showing goblins around the fortress. The tunnels are noticeably shorter now - although that's unlikely to inconvenience anyone present, any adult humans or elves would be scraping along the ceiling.

So over that way's the temple complex, down that hall's the library, and just off to the left here's the tavern. Utost says, acting the tour guide. Gets a bit rowdy there sometimes so I thought we ought to skip it this time but maybe we can come have a look once those lazy blaggards get back to work! He yells the last section into the tavern as he passes. The group comes up to another stairway down and this time heads down just a floor to a massive room partitioned with various fences and walls. Dwarves bustle back and forth around the room entering various pens, carrying around buckets, and generally being productive. Each of the pens contains a group of animals, from the more mundane cows and llamas and peahens to the more exotic - a group of pale crocodiles bathing in a synthetic pool, a group of birds that all have impressive elk like horns, and even a pair of massive centipedes with gaping maws filled with teeth in pace of their heads. It looks like there are more pens further out of the way, just blocked from line of sight by the walls.

Alright then, what do you want to see first? He asks the group.

Show

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Titan in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

"I think you need to talk to non-dwarves more," Brinika says before they arrive the beast pens. She noticed the dwarves' looks and she didn't like them. Why do people have to be like that? It's like some goblins back home, going on about dwarves or humans or orcs.

"Ooooh!" Tuskfang's attention is immediately caught by the animals. "Mom, Brinika, look! There's so many animals! I never saw them in my books! Eeek, those are scary!" he squeaks when he sees the centipedes. Luckily goblin kids are harder to scare by giant bugs. They've got beetles down in the colony after all.

"I suppose we can see the library," Reelshka says. "I've never been to a dwarf library before. I'm not sure if an inn is appropriate for children." Then again, she's talking to a dwarf...

[Returning from the Lab]

Sophie is presumably deposited back in the campsite by Sasha. She's breathing heavily. Whatever happened to her, it didn't make that dark abyss any less traumatic to behold. Dear Yoda.

"Thank you, Sasha," she says. "Could you please wait in your room for a while? I'll come talk to you later." When she's not glowing.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

OOC

This is a weird sort of grey area, but I thought I'd err on the side of caution and ask. Does anybody have objections to me introducing a villain who doesn't plan to actually attack anyone/cause chaos or harm here?
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

Once they reach the beast pens, Russell pulls Laela over to one of the llama pens, if only because she won't let him loose. He steps forward, as quiet as a fox, and peers into the pens at the llamas. "Whatcha looking at, Russell?" Laela says, totally ruining any stealth. She reaches into the pen fearlessly to see if she can pet one of the llamas from here.

9. - Top - End - #1179

OOC

Sure thing man, just start a new scene for it. You can ask these questions in the OOC thread in future you'll probably get a faster response.

Dwarf Fortress

One of the nearby dwarves gives Laela and Russell a cautious look as they approach the llama pen but doesn't raise any objections. The llamas seem to stir as Russell approaches, catching his scent. They don't like it, starting to make sad little llama noises at his presence. Once Laela sticks her hand through the fence they start quieting down a little, curiosity overcoming their fear, and a particularly bold grey and white speckled llama approaches her hand, sniffing it once or twice, before allowing Laela to pet it. The nearby dwarf - who knows these creatures to be unruly hell beasts at the best of times - looks on in confusion.

Oh don't worry about the company. They'll be clearing out soon anyway, got a bit of a construction job going on lower down. Utost says, reassuring Reelshka. See! The tavern's perfectly fine for children. He spots another dwarf giving him a wave and adds: Sorry, Taguz has a bee in his bonnet. Lemme just go see what he wants. He adds, before shuffling off to talk to the dwarf. They start whispering back and forth for a little while, with the occasional glance at Reelshka and family. Looks like they're both getting a little heated.

I'm talking to you aren't I! Olon objects. Anyway come on we gotta go look at the animals. She says, as her brother starts tugging at her. C'mon Tuskfang let's go look at the um... the voracious cave crawlers. Endok says, starting to run over to the horrible centipedes. His sister rolls her eyes and runs after him. Six year olds, am I right Brinika? Much less mature than eight year olds.

Show

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

Tuskfang is very uncertain about it, but eventually walks over to the centipedes. They do look interesting, if scary. He still keeps a fair distance from the pen.

"They're like the beetles but longer and scarier," he says.

Brinika looks pretty uncertain and glances over at her aunt. Reelshka, who was considering seeing what Utost's argument was about, instead follows her son and the two dwarves.

"Those two look dangerous," she points out. "Are you sure their pen is secure?"

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Main Lodge]

Chaos Crane walks into the Main Lodge and shuffles around a bit, wondering if there's any formal way to get in contact with higher-ups.

He's dressed in a fashionable three-piece suit, blond hair pulled back in a ponytail. He mostly looks like a strong human, except for his red eyes that have a sort of...aura of unnaturalness around them.

He ultimately decides to sit down in one of the chairs and wait for a member to walk in so he can ask them.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Lodge]

Chaos Crane will eventually see a short, brown-skinned goblin woman with grey hair tied in a braid approach him. She seems quite heavily pregnant. Another of her distinct features is that one of her eyes is smoky green, while the other is yellow.

"How may the Good League of Good help you?"

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Geneviève's Cabin

"I would like to come inside, yes. And new clothes would be very much appreciated. The size doesn't matter; my heritage means I can alter myself slightly. Unless it's sized for a child or an ogre, I can make it fit." Elithazelle won't enter until she's more directly invited, however. She doesn't want to step on Geneviève's toes or upset her by entering the cabin first.

Knaryllk enters without complaint, and will stand in a corner until otherwise directed or instructed.
    [Geneviève's Cabin]

Geneviève frowns at the sight of Knaryllk. Discarding him would be a waste, but something else would need to be found to do with him. A mindless servant is an inconvenient and ineffective one.

She'll lead Elithazelle inside, where as can be expected of a powerful sorceress, the interior is much larger than the exterior would indicate. It still has that rustic feel, but the interior is less a cabin and more a luxury ski lodge, complete with a bar, raised lounge with a full-wall window overlooking the lake (a window which is definitely not in evidence from the outside, and the lake overlook is closer and from a different angle than the cabin is actually located at), and an elevated loft bedroom.

"Would you like anything to drink? Tea, wine, cider?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Returning from the Lab]

Sophie is presumably deposited back in the campsite by Sasha. She's breathing heavily. Whatever happened to her, it didn't make that dark abyss any less traumatic to behold. Dear Yoda.

"Thank you, Sasha," she says. "Could you please wait in your room for a while? I'll come talk to you later." When she's not glowing.
    [Returning from the Lab]

Maybe Sophie should reconsider utilizing the Sasha expressway in the future.

For now though, the shadow girl just melts into a puddle of shadow which whisks away to that room she was in before. Which is her best guess to what qualifies as her room. She didn't know it was her room, just a communal daycare room of some kind. Well it's hers now! She'd mwahaha, but she's not really one for evil laughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

"They're so cute!" Laela gushes as she pets the llama. "What kinda animal is this?" The girl cranes her neck back to look at the adults. Russell, meanwhile, just watches. He's very curious, that's for certain, but he doesn't reach out to the llama's like his sister.

16. - Top - End - #1186

Dwarf Fortress

The dwarf there gives her llama one last puzzled look before answering Laela's question. They're llamas, lass. She says, glancing over towards Utost. This was supposed to be his job! We use them for wool, mostly, but you can get some milk out of them and it makes decent cheese. O'course the males are mostly just for meat. The llama Laela's patting leans into her hand, rubbing its neck against her. Meanwhile another llama gives Russell a hard stare, making a high pitched moaning noise.

They're just big dumb babies mostly. Olon says authoritatively, marching up to the pen and beckoning to one of the hideous insects. It scuttles forwards towards her curiously, rubbing its exoskeleton against the bars as it coils around. See look! You have to lower your head down for me to pat it dummy. She says, patting the centipede on its side once or twice. Cmon Tuskfang come touch it!

A much smaller centipede has approached Endok, only measuring up to about the dwarf's height and about a basketball around. They're pretty happy to stay in their cages mostly. Taguz says that as long as she can raise them from babies she can get them happy with dwarves forever. He's scratching the worm around its hideous mouth, and the worm is play biting at Endok's hand. The dwarf doesn't look like he's getting hurt at all so I guess he's right?
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2018-10-22 at 03:42 PM.

Show

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Orc in the Playground

Geneviève's Cabin

Elithazelle's eyes widen at the sight of the inside of the cabin, amazed at the magic that makes this possible. "I would like some wine, if that's possible. Ideally red." Elithazelle would ask for elvish, but she's in an elf's cabin, so she rather thinks that's not a specification that needs making. Elithazelle doesn't quite know where to go or what to look at next, she's so astounded by the appearance of the cabin.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Lodge]

Chaos Crane will eventually see a short, brown-skinned goblin woman with grey hair tied in a braid approach him. She seems quite heavily pregnant. Another of her distinct features is that one of her eyes is smoky green, while the other is yellow.

"How may the Good League of Good help you?"
    Chaos quickly stands up and extends out a hand. "Hello! I'm Chaos Crane, and I have an idea for how I can help this organization. Do you know how I can get in contact with any higher-ups?" Whoa there, little eager for having just learned of this place, Chaos.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Lodge]

"You're looking at one of them," Reelshka says, shaking Chaos' hand. "My name is Reelshka Trollfinger."

[Dwarf Fortress]

Tuskfang reaches out to touch the centipede with wide, awe-struck eyes.

"They're bugs but they're friendly, mom! Like the beetles!"

Reelshka warily allows her son to touch the centipede once the dwarves have.

[Returning from the Lab]

Once Sasha is gone, Sophie walks to a nearby bench and sits down heavily on it, the effort of keeping her light dimmed taking its toll. She now starts glowing again, the bright bonfire of Unconquered Sun's will visible for all to see.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Main Lodge]

"Nice to meet you Reelshka." Chaos looks around before asking, "Is there an official meeting room or something which serves the same purpose?" He doesn't really want to state his idea out in the open. Too many enemies who could've bugged the room.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-10-22 at 06:14 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

Russell creeps away from his sister while she's distracted and shifts over to be more directly inline with the llama that's taken issue with him. He stares at it and cocks his head to the side.

Laela is barely distracted from her llama petting as the dwarf explains, but something hooks in her mind. She turns toward the dwarf with a puzzled look. "You hunt them too?" But they're like pets.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Lodge]

Reelshka's long ears twitch.

"We can talk somewhere more private. Follow me," she says, before leading him to a side-room occupied mostly by a desk, a few chairs and many stacks of papers. "Sit down, please, and tell me more."

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Orc in the Playground

Returning from the Lab

"Hey. Nice glow. I like it; do you know if I can get one?" If Sophie turns, she'll find Baccata standing nearby. The yew dryad doesn't make much noise walking, and if the bench is near the fence around her yew she doesn't have far to walk. She looks like a nineteen-year-old girl, with wood-brown skin, dark green hair and red eyes, the colour of yew berries. She's wearing a faded red jumpsuit emblazoned with Vault L on the back.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Titan in the Playground

[Returning from the Lab]

Sophie breathes out and glances back at Baccata.

"I'm not sure how I got it myself, so I can't tell you. But I suppose you'd need to find yourself against overwhelming odds and try anyway."

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Main Lodge]

Chaos does sit down, but only long enough to say, "Put simply, I am a scientist." He then stands up and starts pacing as well as one can in this room. "I have dedicated my life to figuring out how to eliminate the main things which transform someone into a villain. If we could prevent them from being evil in the first place, we wouldn't need to rehabilitate them and do damage control. I have recently discovered how to remove one of those three things using the field of study I have applied myself in." Without pausing a beat, he turns to Reelshka.

"This is where GLoG comes in. Because my pursuit aligns with GLoG's ideals, they may find it a good idea to fund me for a short while. I will require money and a few material things, though money can replace those. Any questions?" He sits back down and looks expectantly at her.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Lodge]

Reelshka's ears dip as she considers just what Chaos said. It can't be what she thinks it is, can it?

"Oooookay. I'm seeing some red flags here, so let's take it from the top," she says. "What are those things that you say turn people into villains and how do you plan on removing it?"

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Orc in the Playground

Returning From the Lab

"Sounds like a story. Can I help?" Baccata isn't always good at socialising people. She's been here for a few years now, but she doesn't often talk to people, and those few years aren't much of her life. Particularly since she's a yew dryad, and could live for a very long time indeed.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

[Returning From the Lab]

Sophie looks off into the distance.

"I was facing a mad scientist and his chimera," she finally says. "Trying not to let it eat me and maybe try to get through to him. It seemed hopeless, and my best chance would be to kill the poor abomination and then him. But then I felt a rush of power, like... nothing I could describe. I felt I could do the impossible, like all my limits had been stripped away. I calmed the chimera and when I spoke the the scientist, he actually listened. Not much... he's still a menace and I'll have to deal with him. But I talked him into letting me go and thinking I want to commission his work."

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Orc in the Playground

Returned From the Lab

"Well... That's not great. What's your plan? Do you need help?" Baccata's been here a while, but hasn't actually done much to help GLoG, because there's not much she can do. "I'm up for helping. Got some magic, and... I don't have to look like this. Probably can't take my yew, can I?" That's her biggest restriction, that she can't stray long from her tree.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Titan in the Playground

[Returning From the Lab]

"I probably do need help, yes," Sophie says. "I could have killed him there and then. But if I'd done that, everything in his lab would have been left unsupervised, and heaven knows what could happen to it. I'm going to need a group of people who will help me secure everything. The patients, the victims, the experiments..." She sighs. "But first I would like to know what happened to me. And I would also prefer to stop glowing before I next see my wife."