New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: GMR 18 (No more new GMR!)

So would anyone have an issue with the turn timer being knocked down to a day again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Firbolg in the Playground

1430 AD - After some time exploring the coast; Venetian Explorer Gaspara Balbli encounters what appears to be signs of semi-civilised native settlement and makes landfall on what appears to be a previously unknown continent.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

3. - Top - End - #303

It is with great regret that in the year of 1440. The Polish people feel we have no other recourse to slow down the Celtish empire then with a declaration of war.

My father and I. We saw the signs. The early genocide of the Brazillian empire in what is now known as the classical era. The saber rattling of the Venicans. And now the Celtish declaration of war, on the peaceful people of Arabia.

Hands that built wonders for the ages, must now in the name of peace protect the people of Arabia. We must have a war to stop all wars.

And so even now. Battles have started between the Celtish pictish warriors, and the Brazilian foreign legions! An elite squad of troops that will not rest until control of ancestral Brazilian lands are returned to Pedro the second, wherever he may be hiding now.

We warned you, Celtish people of the folly of a war of conquest. Unless you agree to our demands, you will now reap the consequences.

~President Jennifer.

Spoiler: The snark;India
    Show

Of course us declaring war means our defensive pact is canceled. We sent the paperwork to renew it should you wish.

~President Jennifer.

Spoiler: Nerd-o-rama;Celtish
    Show

Our demands are as followed.

1 A white peace deal between you and the Arabians. Or proof that the Arabians will not accept a white peace deal at the moment.
    2 A trading of the two occupied Brazilian cities to the Polish people, so that I may liberate them and rescue Pedro the second's right of rule.
    3 An agreement to either stop spying on us. Or alternatively preference for our researchers over other nations to work together with your nation to solve the mysteries of science. (OOC give us preference on research agreements.)

~President Jennifer.
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-08-19 at 03:33 AM.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

This wanton act of aggression and meddling in the affairs of the Celtic League will not go unanswered, regardless of the strength of the Polish magics that so brazenly cut down our holy warriors. No one asked the decadent Poles with their obscene crypto-Profit form of government to police the world - not our Brazilian subjects, and not the heathens of Arabia.

Poland demanded of us, in secret no less, the cession of integral Celtic cities as punishment for a crime that was never committed against Poland, their so-called President taking the role of judge, jury, and executioner upon our very way of life. This is nothing but a blatant and hypocritical land-grab by an empire who have grown far, far out of the Balance of the world, a lead weight on our great continent that crushes the freedom of sovereign nations to act in their own interest.

We, the consuls of the Celtic League and the High Priests of Balance, do call upon all the right-thinking peoples of the world to denounce the aggression of Poland, and if they do not desist, to take from them as they would take from us. Balance must be restored, and Celtia will never submit to foreign domination so long as one of our people draws breath. You will have your war, President Jennifer, as will your children and your children's children's children.

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    Hahaha I'm going to ****ing die.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Spectator -> Nerd-o-rama
    Show

Thanks for that Nerd-o-rama, your ending comment has made my day So you're totally screwed at this point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Show
    I've got crossbows and pikes vs. buffed Great War Infantry, albeit the latter is limited to the half dozen you get from the Volunteer Army Freedom policy. I'm 19th Century Africa levels of unavoidably screwed unless I pull off some miracle tactics.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #307

We did ask for cities. The cities that were taken by the Celtish empire during that war of genocide so early in the history of the world.
    We did not ask for land that was ancestrally Celtish land. We also clearly stated as to what purpose these cities would be used for. To be returned to Pedro the second, wherever he may be hiding.

We also insisted that the Celtish people show us a white peace with Arabia. Or prove that Arabia is unwilling to agree to a white peace at the time. We also insisted that the Celtish people remove their spy from our lands, or agree to research agreements with the Polish people, this is because the Land hungry Celtish Empire cannot be trusted with Polish science. Weapons that we use to defend, will be stolen by the Celts and used to destroy.
    But if we can show them peaceful ways. I believe the Celtish people can still be saved. Feel free to see our most recent missive to the Celtish people if you have any doubt.

Also. I believe India, and Siam voted Alexandria as the host of the world congress. And as world congress host, it is my duty to protect all the nations of the world. Including Arabia and Brazil.

I'm sorry, that you cannot see the benefits of peace now, Perhaps your children. Or your children's children, will. That is the hope that we must use to light the future.

Finally. We are not an empire. We have grown far beyond such a claim of government. We are a nation.

~President Jennifer.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Hey, I hate to whine, but I never got a turn notif until I got a skip notif, and I don't trust the AI with a war against a human. Can I possibly get a revert?
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309

Turn reverted.

10. - Top - End - #310

Spoiler: India;The snark.
    Show

Our declaration of friendship ended, I forgot to send the paperwork to renew it, would you like to?

~President Jennifer.

11. - Top - End - #311

In the year 1480 AD did our druids, fully commission the red fort, further protecting the palace from any attacks that may be made.

A Polish history.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

I'm going to be heading out of town tomorrow morning. I will attempt to play as I'm able, but if we could turn the turn timer off until Sunday I'd appreciate it.

Show
    Venice is now paying me a subsidy to continue occupying Poland's attention with my guerilla crossbowmen.

Because as everyone knows, nothing bad has ever come of having your Crusade bankrolled by Venetian merchants.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313

The Brazilian foreign legions bring glad tidings. The siege of Rio de Janerio begins!

Even now the people grow restless under Celtish boots of oppression. They yearn to breathe free. But. They do not have the strength alone. That. Is our purpose on Earth. The Ancient Druids brought us the wisdom of Pocahontaism, for us to live in unity.

But. That doesn't mean never fighting. Sometimes their are those who do not wish to live in unity. That take and take with no end to their gluttonous greed.

It is our role. Not to be the sword that hangs at the neck of the world. But the shields that guard the circle of nature. I promise you.
    My people. The Brazilian people. Brazilian flags will fly over Rio de Janerio before this siege ends.

~President Jennifer, during a meeting of Parliament approx 1540 AD.
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-08-19 at 03:34 AM.

14. - Top - End - #314

Spoiler: Spectator update
    Show

The Indians decline a research agreement. We have reason to believe they fear their scientific progress. Border guards must be wary of an Indian sneak attack, but for now they are peaceful.

We also hear reports of savages to the Celt's south. Although we disagree with them fundamentally. For now our interests seem to be aligned.

~A war report from the President's cabinet. 1530 AD

Our open borders with the Arabians come to an agreed upon end. Hopefully the good will we have gained from defending them will make them inclined to agree to another reopening of their borders.

The siege of Rio De Janerio continues, although one band of foreign legions has to retreat to safer ground, the rest will endure.

One scouting band sent to block our progress has been removed. Rio De Janerio is nearly encircled now. Already the fires of revolt start burning.

~A media report of the War of liberation.

Arabia is more then happy to include a mutual open borders deal.

Our great people wait to be called. Our scientist will work on mysteries yet unknown to humans. While the great musicians will compose great ballads of the war of liberation.

Our trade routes are still secure Celtic interlopers are far more concerned with defending their conquered territory then any possible raids.

We continue trading with the Arabians of course.

Even now. Independent businesses now owned and operated by non nobles to bring products to the people, consider opening up their own independent research labs to aid the government, and to construct new materials for people to buy.

In our capital, the construction of hydro plants to gather power from the might of nature continues unabated. The President considers commissioning a giant statue to the cause of the War of Liberation.

Scuttlebutt of the capital the summer of 1530 AD.

Krakow almost finishes work on the effiel tower. (I forgot to screen cap.)

Lodz also works on the construction of hydro plants using aluminium sourced from Warsaw. Their work is slower but we believe it will be done by the end of the century.

Wroclaw home to the arts, works on a bank to outsource loans to struggling artists.

Here we see the start of capitalism, people using the freedom won in elections to start businesses, to transfer goods and services to those that will pay.

Delegates, it is vital that you attempt to give freedom to the world. It is why you're here. It is why we polish exist.

Our sources tell us the Polish people are superior at everything.

Freedom loving citizens of all over come to see our elections. Desiring to put them in place, once the other nations are advanced enough. President Jennifer's brag to her parliament.

As we see what info we have on other nations.

15. - Top - End - #315

Also turn timer back up.

16. - Top - End - #316

In the year 1540 AD. Did President Jennifer commission a monument to all those who fought in the War of liberation. The effiel tower.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

An eyesore, I tell you. A blight on the Alexandrian skyline.

- Definitely just a tourist
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318

[OOC note. It's not in Alexandria.]
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-08-23 at 08:33 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319

And with the year 1550 AD. The siege of Rio de Janerio was broken. Brazilian foreign legions flooded the town square killing resisting troops while capturing surrendering Celtish soldiers.

Pedro the second has returned. To the sight of Brazilian flags flying over his palace. I have never seen a ruler look so happy as in that moment.

Spoiler: Celts:Nerd-o-rama
    Show

You now know I have the power to liberate Brazil by force, and put an end to your empire's reign of terror.

Only you have the power to save your people now. In this message is a list of demands. Soon the Foreign legions will be replaced.
    By units of modern infantry. With nearly twice the killing power of the foreign legions you were unable to hold off.

Your only chance to remain a sovereign state are following these demands.

1 A white peace deal between you and the Arabians. Or proof that the Arabians will not accept a white peace deal at the moment.
    2 A trading of the occupied Brazilian city to the Polish people, so that I may liberate them or a trade of that same city to Pedro.
    3 An agreement to either stop spying on us. Or alternatively preference for our researchers over other nations to work together with your nation to solve the mysteries of science.
    4 At all times, your military must show in the demographics as the weakest in the world. Should it not be showing for whatever reason, you have 3 turns to get in order. (Should you be tied with Brazil at 0, a screenshot of your demographics shall suffice.)

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

President Jennifer,

No.

Spoiler: Venice
    Show
    Poland's threatening me with modern Infantry now. I have no real reason to doubt him other than sheer incredulity that a game can go this well for someone so if you want to do anything about Poland, now would be a great time. Pass this on to other nations, I don't want to spam everyone and make it obvious what I'm saying.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Also if I have trouble taking my turn over the weekend, it's because a hurricane is currently charging up DBZ-style before launching a Kamehameha at Texas (knew I should've played Polynesia). I will try to let you know my status if I can't get to GMR or whatever.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Also if I have trouble taking my turn over the weekend, it's because a hurricane is currently charging up DBZ-style before launching a Kamehameha at Texas (knew I should've played Polynesia). I will try to let you know my status if I can't get to GMR or whatever.
    I just disabled the turn timer.

Stay safe.

23. - Top - End - #323

I bring glad tidings.

Today, in the year 1580 was a Celtish great general captured by the liberation army outside the second siege of Rio de Janerio.

Where the celts would surely execute one of your captured great people of history, our prisoner of war will be taken to Alexandria.
    There they will await trial for war crimes committed by the Celtish army under their watch during the genocide of the Brazilians and the second siege of Rio de Janerio. They will be given a chance to defend their actions, as proof that we are better men and women then the celts.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Okay, whoa, whoa. I'm not accusing anyone of anything here, but that crossbow/general stack was behind a hill and a marsh from your FLs. How in the heck did you attack it?

Like...

Spoiler: Cropped screencap, for Illven
    Show

Unless your dude currently in the green circle, where my XBow was, was in one of the red circles, I don't understand how he attacked last turn, and I don't remember any of your units being there. Could you post a screencap of your last turn to jog my memory, or otherwise explain what happened there?
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2017-08-27 at 04:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325

Spoiler: Nerd-o-rama
    Show

Since I liberated Brazil, I immediately got open borders with them (I'm not sure if it has an expiration date like normal open borders, but either way I have it now.) So since I'm not at war with them, I can use their road system. So I went through the city and snuck around on roaded and open terrain.

Also your crossbow stack was where my more injured legion was. You must have moved it to attack the city.

That explain it?

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Spoiler: Illven
    Show
    Yeah, didn't account for roads. Thanks.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Update: thought I uploaded on Monday, but on the other hand, I've been distracted enough to not notice I apparently didn't by hurricane and work-related matters, so technically this is partly why the timer's off anyway. I'll get a turn in some time today.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328

Hey nerd-o-rama is everything okay, do you need more time?

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Yeah. Family. Work. Playing catchup on everything basically.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Celtic stewardship of the southern lands will not, cannot, be broken by a few foreign mercenaries. Balance will not allow it. The forests, hills, and seas of the planet itself will not allow it.

Spoiler: Poland
    Show
    However, if Poland will acknowledge the integrity of Celtic borders and national sovereignty, we are willing to agree to the offered terms regarding a cessation of espionage in Alexandria and a peace deal with the Arabians.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2017-09-07 at 11:02 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show