New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: WarKitty's Feline Frenzy Random Banter #216

Quote Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
    when 2D8HP was your age ;)

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Fun fact: In my (as of yet unrealised) campaign setting, darkvision isn't a thing, so any subterran armies have to bring light sources with them to battle. However, the most prestigous elite regiment in the greatest dwarven city-state has developed a technique were they instead use song as a form of echolocalisation, as well as in-battle communication. They are one of the most feared armies there is in the dark.
    That's actually a pretty nifty feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Now to see if we can pull off the same feat with the fire giants...
    Aaaaand I will never stop reading fire giants as fire ants.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

Had the big math test today. It went better than I thought,i think. I'm so tired...
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground

Due to a strange lack of Viking raiders in my neighborhood (I mean we're on the coast with an inlet bay, what's up? Must be the lack of gold filled monasteries?), I just haven't had enough uses for chainmail in my life, UNTIL NOW!!!

Yes I bought a big (15-1/4" diameter, 12 lb.) cast iron skillet (should help keep denizens of the Feywild away, can't be too vigilant when it comes to the "Fair Folk" you know).

I just made bacon and eggs for my wife and son, and to clean it?

An awesome square of chainmail!

Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Due to a strange lack of Viking raiders in my neighborhood (I mean we're on the coast with an inlet bay, what's up? Must be the lack of gold filled monasteries?), I just haven't had enough uses for chainmail in my life, UNTIL NOW!!!

Yes I bought a big (15-1/4" diameter, 12 lb.) cast iron skillet (should help keep denizens of the Feywild away, can't be too vigilant when it comes to the "Fair Folk" you know).

I just made bacon and eggs for my wife and son, and to clean it?

An awesome square of chainmail!

No! Why would you do that? You'll completely ruin the seasoning!

Cast iron is to be cleaned with a wipe with a dry cloth. Apply a water-and-salt paste or a splash of warm water if necessary. Then leave it on the stove for a bit to dry. But really, if it's properly seasoned you won't need to do more than wipe it out occasionally.

To season initially, if it didn't come pre-seasoned or if you've already ruined it with that steel: Coat thinly in oil, including the outside (to prevent rust). Place inverted in oven (foil on a lower rack to catch drips), at a heat as close to the smoke point of the oil as you can manage without going over (precise temperature depends on your oil and your oven's temperature stability). Leave for two hours, then turn off the oven and leave it in there until it cools. A round of that after use, once or twice, and it should have a slightly shiny black coating and be quite nonstick. There may be some sticky patches around the edges if you put too much oil on, but they won't be an issue and will melt away with use.

(Cancel all of the above if it's an enameled pan, but in that case you still shouldn't need the chainmail, a scrub-sponge ought to be enough, and the chain might scratch away the enamel)
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2017-04-09 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #696
    Troll in the Playground

AHFIOAHGHGOR yeah NEVER clean a cast iron pan with stuff like that! Oil treatment asap. Qwertystop has given good advice on that. And most importantly, never use soap. Ever.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    AHFIOAHGHGOR yeah NEVER clean a cast iron pan with stuff like that! Oil treatment asap. Qwertystop has given good advice on that. And most importantly, never use soap. Ever.
    They're misleading you! It feels good to do it that way! Even better is to use steel wool... aww yeah. And always put the wok in the dishwasher so it gets that nice patina.

But yeah, not actually a great idea.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    No!l
    NEVER!
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Not!

Thanks guys, but too late, I already scrubbed the eggs off of the pan with chainmail this morning before seeing your posts!

I heated it dry afterwards, and coated it in oil, and then put it on the shelf.

I just took it down and am frying potatoes on it while writing this, the "seasoning" still seems intact, I'll keep your tips in mind, and be sparring in my use of the chainmail scrubber.

A problem I've discovered is that the little gas burners on my stove only heat a portion of the pan, and so I wind up using the pan in the oven, or stiring a lot, as if it is a "wok"; which is kind of annoying. I'm thinking that the pan may actually see more use in the oven than on the stove.

Oh well, the bacon, eggs, and onions mess/meal I made with the pan (first thing I cooked with it) was met with approval by my wife and especially my son.

As for the chainmail scrubbing pad, it may have to be used as armor for a neighbor:

Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

9. - Top - End - #699
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah, it can take a while to heat up a cast iron pan. Shouldn't really be heating unevenly after it's been allowed to sit for a spell and get hot, though. Well, maybe on gas burners, been a while since I've used one of those with cast iron.

Can get an induction burner for the counter top, those work fairly well and cast iron is one of the few materials that actually works with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

10. - Top - End - #700
    Troll in the Playground

AWWW YEEEEEEEEEE.

I got myself a flat! After 5 years of communal living I'm pretty much done with it and want my very own space, and that's what I'm getting. A studio flat, 33m2 of joy and happiness.

The location is further away from my uni, about 4km compared to the current less than 1km, but I've got my bike and the rent is like 200 euros cheaper than studio flats usually are over here. I live in a small city, but since there's just this one small uni, landlords are a freaking rip off... It's more expensive to live here than let's say, a bigger city with much larger universities. Not exactly how ridiculous it's in Helsinki, but places like Kuopio, Tampere, Oulu, Turku...

But, yeah. Move in date is at the end of May. Pretty stoked.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

11. - Top - End - #701
    Troll in the Playground

Woo! Sounds great, FinnLassie! Hope everything goes smoothly, and that Life minds its own dang business until you're set up.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ettin in the Playground

I have discovered the right mixture of powdered coffee creamer and water makes a tolerable drink at work when you don't want more coffee.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Finn! That's great news! I hope you will enjoy your independence and that the studio apt. Will make a happy home

ION it's Passover, I ate like a king, despite trying to stay on a diet.
    I'm also happy because I met a few more fans of my writing on Deviantart. Even though I write those things mostly for myself, it's still feels nice to be recognized.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #704

BlackDragon

A studio flat, 33m2 of joy and happiness.
    Wow, 33 square metres? Pretty sure that's bigger than my three bedroomed house! Congratulations.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Wow, 33 square metres? Pretty sure that's bigger than my three bedroomed house! Congratulations.

Unless your three bedrooms are really tiny, I don't see how.

33 sq. m is less space than a 19 foot by 19 foot room

It's a good urban size (I've lived in much less), but not "big house" size.

Also congrats to FinnLassie.

That's a nice step up!

16. - Top - End - #706

I've got a kind of out there question that I don't really know who are where to ask for. I'm writing a story, and one of the characters in it is agendered. How would I go about describing this character for the first time? Cause like...I want it to be clear that they ARE agender, but not to be like...rude about it? Like having the character meeting them and noticing that they way they dress and kind of carry themselves make it hard to tell their gender. I'm basically just worried that might be too "direct" but I'm also not sure if it should be unclear either.

17. - Top - End - #707

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Unless your three bedrooms are really tiny, I don't see how.
    Oops...I think I may have calculated only one floor of the house, silly me.

@LaZodiac: Androgynous, maybe? Although that's usually used to refer to women with significant male attributes, so might not work for your specific situation.
    Last edited by factotum; 2017-04-12 at 01:58 AM.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Banned

Default Re: I'm Having Fun Playing D&D 3.5

Uh... Is there an actual point to this or do you just want people to know that you are having fun for some reason?

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yklikt View Post
    Uh... Is there an actual point to this or do you just want people to know that you are having fun for some reason?
    Yes. Roleplqying is fun. That the point.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

very fun 4 sure!

21. - Top - End - #711
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Yes. Roleplqying is fun. That the point.
    Ok but isn't a forum for discussion? You don't just come in make a statement. It's not even an interesting statement. It's like if I made a thread that said 'Today I had dinner' and typed out a complete description of what I had for dinner, nothing else.

There's just no room for actual discussion.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

Ok but isn't a forum for discussion? You don't just come in make a statement. It's not even an interesting statement. It's like if I made a thread that said 'Today I had dinner' and typed out a complete description of what I had for dinner, nothing else.

Is this your first Bartmanhomer thread?
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

23. - Top - End - #713
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Well OK there a reason why I'm having fun. My party mission is to kill all demons in a town. I play a Neutral Good Male Lesser Drow Rogue. So far we just made a deal for the demons after that we just complete the mission. That's the reason why I'm having fun.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2017-04-12 at 07:16 AM.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

That's actually a pretty nifty feat.
    Shush you! This is fantasy, infinite training can make you infinitely good at anything!

ION:
    I'm down with a cold and shouldn't have gone to work today, but I had code I had to check in for a coworker, and we're working on a tight schedule, so I decided it couldn't wait. I ended up spending over three hours commuting merely to hand over some files, but we finally got around to setting up that repository I wanted, and I feel like those 1:45 hours of work at least were quite productive, so I'm not too unhappy about it. Plus, I got a decent lunch and some much needed grocery shopping done on my way home, so there's that. Now for rest and recuperation...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

25. - Top - End - #715
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Is this your first Bartmanhomer thread?
    What is this like a regular thing around here?!

Well OK there a reason why I'm having fun. My party mission is to kill all demons in a town. I play a Neutral Good Male Lesser Drow Rogue. So far we just made a deal for the demons after that we just complete the mission. That's the reason why I'm having fun.
    No, but the problem is still there. You are just making a statement. It's not something people can actually talk to you about so why are you putting this on a forum? Which is a place where people put things to talk about.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

What is this like a regular thing around here?!

No, but the problem is still there. You are just making a statement. It's not something people can actually talk to you about so why are you putting this on a forum? Which is a place where people put things to talk about.
    Well I'm sorry if I wasn't clearer earlier.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Banned

Well I'm sorry if I wasn't clearer earlier.
    No! This isnt about clarity! Ok look what do you actually understand from what I have been posting here? Just type out what you THINK I am trying to tell you.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

No! This isnt about clarity! Ok look what do you actually understand from what I have been posting here? Just type out what you THINK I am trying to tell you.
    I read your post. You don't need to be so hostile about it.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Banned

I read your post. You don't need to be so hostile about it.
    Ok. I was trying to be a bit forceful, sorry if I came across as hostile there.

I cant seem to tell if you actually understand the things I say, so I am asking you to tell me what you understand of them. I get that you read my post but what do you think it means?

30. - Top - End - #720
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Ok. I was trying to be a bit forceful, sorry if I came across as hostile there.

I cant seem to tell if you actually understand the things I say, so I am asking you to tell me what you understand of them. I get that you read my post but what do you think it means?
    What I think it means to be Horst is that should make a thread that can lead with so many discussion, not a vague statement. I just don't read social cues that much.