New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1468
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: WarKitty's Feline Frenzy Random Banter #216

So, firstly, allegedly love is the most powerful magic of all.

They also say that it's as bright as the sun. However, the forget about the dark sun not being that bright.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, the original movie version mary poppins song for that one word was well done.

Spoiler: Chill rating
    Show

How Chill Are You?

You got 14 out of 38 chill points!

You're pretty chill. You're one of the more chill people in your circle.

Spoiler: Cat nap
    Show

One more:

Last edited by gooddragon1; 2017-06-08 at 12:47 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

Something a long time coming.

Two or three years ago, I was having an absolutely abysmal Christmas. I was down in the dumps over a whole mess of stuff, and had several doctors telling me I was about to bite it. I whined about it here, and a whole ****load of you who didn't even know me got together and made this card for me on google docs.

Well, obviously, the doctors were wrong, because I'm still around. Not only that, but medical advancements have allowed some parts of my nerve condition to be fixed, and I was once again given the green to go on continuing my military career. The issue with cancer turned out to be a long-running lie my mother had told me, the other medical issues have been handled, and I've gained most of my weight back. I've been returned to combat arms once more, and gained a new lease on life that couldn't ever fail me no matter how dark things might seem.

I'm not good with words, but I have to give my thanks. You lot kept me going. Hitting the sandbox again, see y'all when I get back.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post

Two or three years ago, I was having an absolutely abysmal Christmas. I was down in the dumps over a whole mess of stuff, and had several doctors telling me I was about to bite it. I whined about it here, and a whole ****load of you who didn't even know me got together and made this card for me on google docs.

Well, obviously, the doctors were wrong, because I'm still around. Not only that, but medical advancements have allowed some parts of my nerve condition to be fixed, and I was once again given the green to go on continuing my military career. The issue with cancer turned out to be a long-running lie my mother had told me, the other medical issues have been handled, and I've gained most of my weight back. I've been returned to combat arms once more, and gained a new lease on life that couldn't ever fail me no matter how dark things might seem.

I'm not good with words, but I have to give my thanks. You lot kept me going. Hitting the sandbox again, see y'all when I get back.
    Wow! Congratulations, man, that's fantastic news!

I'm struggling to remember, which branch of the military are you in?
    (Also, it must have been three and a half years ago, since autumn 2013 was the time I was the time of the chat rooms...)
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I don't know how your postal service does it, but over here it wasn't as much about saving money as being forced to do it. Our postal service has been cutting corners for several decades now, and I think the unions might have been on to it as well for being a poor work environment for the postmen...
    The doors on the building look like they're original - definitely an 80s look in them. I don't think they've ever had the... damn I don't know the name in English for them. We just call them mail holes or something of the like.

And yeah. My dad used to be a newspaper delivery guy for 20ish years working the night, and it's something that really hits the knees. He had to retire that stuff about 10 years back (should have done it way earlier tbh, but he liked his job). Having mailboxes down in one cluster is way better in my opinion, but in my opinion they should be lockable. Unlike what my current situation is.

I'm actually super glad for dad right now, he finally has a job that he not only likes, but isn't 100+ km away from where he lives...
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    damn I don't know the name in English for them. We just call them mail holes or something of the like.
    In the UK we call them letterboxes, not sure what they are in other English-speaking countries.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Troll in the Playground

The doors on the building look like they're original - definitely an 80s look in them. I don't think they've ever had the... damn I don't know the name in English for them. We just call them mail holes or something of the like.
    If you mean a flap in the door for mail to be put directly into the house (since you're speaking of doors), around here (and I have two mail carriers for parents) we call them 'mail slots'. But, I'm sure there's no universal term for them.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2017-06-09 at 04:38 PM.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...Huh. And if you read it as the actual names of the symbols... it still only works for three out of four, because "heart" isn't a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #1209

NecromancerGuy

That's messed up to lie to someone about cancer. Glad you're well, hope to hear from you on your safe return.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    ...Huh. And if you read it as the actual names of the symbols... it still only works for three out of four, because "heart" isn't a verb.
    You underestimate its power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Titan in the Playground

We call them "brevinkast", so literally "letter throw-ins".

And yeah. My dad used to be a newspaper delivery guy for 20ish years working the night, and it's something that really hits the knees. He had to retire that stuff about 10 years back (should have done it way earlier tbh, but he liked his job). Having mailboxes down in one cluster is way better in my opinion, but in my opinion they should be lockable. Unlike what my current situation is.
    Yeah, when clustered, they do become a bit more attractive to people looking for something valuable...

I'm actually super glad for dad right now, he finally has a job that he not only likes, but isn't 100+ km away from where he lives...
    Cool! While I don't work quite 100 km from home, I do commute the whole distance, so I can empathise.

Show

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Today I went to my old childhood school for a family picnic. It was great.

12. - Top - End - #1212

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    That's messed up to lie to someone about cancer. Glad you're well, hope to hear from you on your safe return.

You underestimate its power.
    Coidzor no they didn't lie. They...they said he'd die, gave a percentage chance it would be true that was high, and then he beat the odds. That's not lying that's being wrong, which IS different.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Coidzor no they didn't lie. They...they said he'd die, gave a percentage chance it would be true that was high, and then he beat the odds. That's not lying that's being wrong, which IS different.
    I think Coid is referring to the part about his mother lying.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I think the confusion stems from here:

The issue with cancer turned out to be a long-running lie my mother had told me
    Even I don't know what he means there.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

(Also, it must have been three and a half years ago, since autumn 2013 was the time I was the time of the chat rooms...)
    Yeah, I definitely think it was closer to three years than to two. God, that was so long ago. Everyone was different, and the thread was composed of different folk. I think the title of the document was "Random Banter Loves You, TechnoScrabble!"

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm glad you're recovering. Everything adjacent to the card was a bit of a mess, I think. I hope you live life to the fullest with your new lease, and allow others to do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Even I don't know what he means there.
    Yeah, I agree with WarKitty's interpretation. Apparently his mother was lying to him about his cancer or something.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ettin in the Playground

My brother is playing instrumental music that seems extremely Christmas-y and also has me wondering about how an album could be so loud and so boring at the same time.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

We had the kick-out from the introductory program at work this weekend. We were taken to a little conference hotel with a black restaurant. And by "black" I mean "utterly pitch black with not even a single speck of light for my quite good eyes to detect. It was run by two blind people who acted as our waiters, entertainers and general aids when some was needed. The menu was secret, so while we were given a chance to opt out of foodstuffs we didn't eat, we had no idea of what we'd be getting until we got it (although you could always wait with tasting it until your table neighbours had figured it out for you).

It was quite an experience. I'm the type of person who wants to be self-sufficient event at the loss of a sense or other tool and made a challenge of using my cutlery as well as possible, so I'm happy to know I could handle it pretty well. It's also fun to try and figure out what you can do with your other senses. Hearing is an obvious fall-back for perceiving the world further away than a metre away from you, and when you try, you do get a sense of the dimensions of the room simply from listening to the sounds of everyone else's speech.

Afterward, we built high structures of spaghetti and jelly raspberries (my team won on virtue of working fast and not having to move the construction once completed), played a game of two people trying to hold as many cards stuck between the body parts written on the cards (holding a card stuck ear-to-ear and nose-to-nose at the same time does pose some challenges, as do stomach-to-stomach and hip-to-hip), and a quiz of hard questions. In the end, my team won the total victory, but the margin wasn't that large.

And we topped off the day with some hot tubbing. Actually, we did that both before dinner and after midnight, but the latter is more memorable on virtue of being 1. longer, 2. less crowded and 3. not exactly what we were allowed to do (the controls on these tubs didn't seem to allow for shutting them down, so they were heated all night. We just had to sneak over and remove the covers after the employees had gone home for the night). Also, there was quite a bit of alcohol going around, but we still kept it pretty clean. Apparently, someone fell asleep and pooped in the tub when they did this half a year ago, so it's almost a surprise we were welcome back.

All in all, a fun Saturday even if it meant a weekend with a little less sleep than I'd normally aim for.

ION:
    I spent my Sunday evening at home with my family, and because dad accidentally had given me a book I already owned for my birthday, he handed me another present instead. I am now the proud possessor of my very own bow and arrows. It's not the most fancy looking thing, but just having a bow makes me giddy. Plus, it's one of those things I want to get good at, so I'll have to start practicing (including getting some arm muscles).

The question is where I can do that without risking hitting somebody or making people worried I'll hit them. We have a huge enclosed lawn outside of work, maybe it would be possible to get permission to train there...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2017-06-12 at 01:33 AM.

Show

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Troll in the Playground

We had the kick-out from the introductory program at work this weekend. We were taken to a little conference hotel with a black restaurant. And by "black" I mean "utterly pitch black with not even a single speck of light for my quite good eyes to detect. It was run by two blind people who acted as our waiters, entertainers and general aids when some was needed. The menu was secret, so while we were given a chance to opt out of foodstuffs we didn't eat, we had no idea of what we'd be getting until we got it (although you could always wait with tasting it until your table neighbours had figured it out for you).
    Oh, yeah, I've heard of those places. It seems like an... interesting experience, all right. It's not quite something that I think I could do, because I hate not being able to see. I have bad eyesight as it is, but a total absence of visual input just affects me poorly. I was spelunking in a group once, deep in a cave, and our guide got us all to turn off our lights. That was, bar none, the worst experience of my life. I don't know why I reacted so poorly, but, dang... I never want to go that again. I can't handle the absolute dark (ironically, given my handle here). There's a reason I always carry around at least a small light, now...
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm watching the NBA Finals and sometimes I wonder if the whole game is fixed?

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Yeah, I definitely think it was closer to three years than to two. God, that was so long ago. Everyone was different, and the thread was composed of different folk. I think the title of the document was "Random Banter Loves You, TechnoScrabble!"

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm glad you're recovering. Everything adjacent to the card was a bit of a mess, I think. I hope you live life to the fullest with your new lease, and allow others to do the same.
    Indeed, everything was pretty different then. (I suppose unsurprisingly).

Good to hear, TechnoScrabble. Have fun
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Indeed, everything was pretty different then. (I suppose unsurprisingly).
    Rain Dragon! It's been far too long. How are you? When did we last contact each other? We must be totally different people by now.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ettin in the Playground

Seems like a few people are coming out of the wood work! Hello TaiLiu! Hello Rain Dragon!

Ugh, working an overnight shift tonight. So shleepy... I haven't worked one of these in years. These days my body calls it quits around 9:30pm...so this is quite a challenge! Hopefully it doesn't mess me up too much!
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Rain Dragon! It's been far too long. How are you? When did we last contact each other? We must be totally different people by now.
    Indeed!
    I have no idea, but over a year seems accurate.

I've been doing well! I had no internet access for a long time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Seems like a few people are coming out of the wood work! Hello TaiLiu! Hello Rain Dragon!

Ugh, working an overnight shift tonight. So shleepy... I haven't worked one of these in years. These days my body calls it quits around 9:30pm...so this is quite a challenge! Hopefully it doesn't mess me up too much!
    Hello TheWombatofDoom!

I hope it doesn't affect you too badly... Overnight work sounds rather rough.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Troll in the Playground

WOMBAMBO!!!!

I've missed you! How is life? How are you?

Really hope that you can handle the work. I totally get you with the whole body wanting to live a different life, it's happening to me too - though in the way that I just need that solid 9 hours of sleep before I can function to the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ettin in the Playground

WOMBAMBO!!!!

I've missed you! How is life? How are you?

Really hope that you can handle the work. I totally get you with the whole body wanting to live a different life, it's happening to me too - though in the way that I just need that solid 9 hours of sleep before I can function to the slightest.
    Well, the sun is rising and I'm still awake, but unfortunately I got sick after having dinner and now its all wasted in the toilet... I'm not cut out for overnights anymore. Guess I'm getting old...

I'm good mostly! I have three Furr Purrs now, Oscar Wildecat, the fluffiest. Benji Impossible, the craziest. And Midna Belcher, the noisiest. Midna is the most recent addition. She was out in the street starving. All skin and bones...poor dear. She's getting more fleshed out, but she's still thin and boney.

Wifey is doing alright. She's doing well in work, and we are doing lovely together! Overall, I've moved parallel within my work, which allows me a little less busyness, which has allowed me some small comforts.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

My life really stinks at this point because last night at the NBA Finals, the Cleveland Cavaliers lost the NBA Finals.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    My life really stinks at this point because last night at the NBA Finals, the Cleveland Cavaliers lost the NBA Finals.

Sorry to learn that big guy, most everyone I know with an opinion on it, is happy with the results.

28. - Top - End - #1228

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    If that's genuinely the worst thing that's happening in your life right now then you're blessed, frankly...you should be happy!

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Sorry to learn that big guy, most everyone I know with an opinion on it, is happy with the results.
    I'll get over it. It's not the end of the world. They'll come back and fight again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    If that's genuinely the worst thing that's happening in your life right now then you're blessed, frankly...you should be happy!
    Well here's the thing. The Clevland Cavaliers happen to be my favorite basketball team. And I really want them to win just like last year. But oh well, it is what it is.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Titan in the Playground

TheWombatOfDoom! I'm just here temporarily - to greet Rain Dragon, mostly. But I'm also here to greet you, now.
    Indeed!
    We've both moved onto the "mostly PbP" stage of our forum experience, I think! I never expected to move onto this stage, actually, but now that I'm here, I wonder how I managed to sustain such a social forum presence. I probably had more energy back then, or something.
    I have no idea, but over a year seems accurate.
    Yeah. Maybe two? It feels like two.
    I've been doing well! I had no internet access for a long time, though.
    Oh, boo! Was it a financial issue?
    Overall, I've moved parallel within my work, which allows me a little less busyness, which has allowed me some small comforts.
    Oh! Are you still working as security guard supervisor, or...?