New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1468
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: WarKitty's Feline Frenzy Random Banter #216

And then you have the new people like me, who aren't that good at starting conversations, and thus don't tend to forge the connections that seemed to epitomize the Random Banter of yesteryear. (Not that I would be able to provide first-hand experience of that because, again, I'm relatively new. )

...you seem to have a suspicious thirsting for new blood, though. Are you sure this isn't a sacrificial cult? It would explain where all the new blood has gone. I assure you, though, my blood is terrible for rituals. Honest. Causes them to go all haywire.
    In retrospect, I probably should have paid more attention to the pamphlet saying "Not a sacrificial cult!"
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm a black cat, I'm luckier with all my blood anyway. I'll be perfectly happy to assist with any dark rituals, however.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm still proud of Post #903 in Thread #210.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Titan in the Playground

Question Re: WarKitty's Feline Frenzy Random Banter #216

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I'm still proud of Post #903 in Thread #210.
    5-01-14, 10:10 AM (ISO 8601)
    Re: Qwertystop's Unexpected-To-Everyone-Or-At-Least-To-Him Random Banter #210
    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord9
    Spoiler: Verbose song lyrics
    Show

I shall not, at any time, bequeath unto you that Pixar film in which an elderly man doth carry his homestead through a tropical rainforest with the utilization of helium-filled latex globules. Thou shalt not, at any time, be allowed to traverse anti-skyward if I hath anything to sayeth about such. I shall not, under any circumstances whatsoever, sprint in circles outside the circumference of any object, nor shall I leave thee behind mineself. Additionally, I shall not cause thou to produce prolactin-containing lacrimation from thine ocular receptors. No matter what might be happening, I shall not state the phrase "fare thee well," nor any variation thereof. Finally, I shalt forevermore remain dutifully forthright and honest, and shall not cause unto thee physical injury.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2015-01-14 at 01:05 PM.
    You did know that someone would go there right?
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Troll in the Playground

Yeeah. I've been meaning to be more active here on RB and the forums in general... but when I've opened a thread, I mainly just think to myself how I will never have anything meaningful to contribute and I'm the most uninteresting blob on this plain.

YAY CRIPPLING ANXIETY!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    You did know that someone would go there right?
    That was the idea.

EDIT: TPBM is really cool, according to a bunch of hackers, both black- and white-hat.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2017-07-09 at 04:13 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Yeeah. I've been meaning to be more active here on RB and the forums in general... but when I've opened a thread, I mainly just think to myself how I will never have anything meaningful to contribute and I'm the most uninteresting blob on this plain.

YAY CRIPPLING ANXIETY!
    Well, try not to worry. In this thread, at least, the mere act of talking is a meaningful contribution. Since it keeps the conversation going.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ettin in the Playground

I have an idea for a Homestuck fanfiction: a two-player session consisting of an Heir of Doom and a Knight of Space. The session is post-Scratch, and the heroes of the corresponding pre-Scratch session somehow managed to send a whole bunch of lore they collected into the main characters' iteration of their universe, including archives describing various other sessions. The Heir dies early-on to an Imp or maybe an Ogre, because he was too focused on not overexerting himself (since he'd read about a certain other hero with his same exact role, and the story made him paranoid) to actually fight effectively. The Knight must now finish the session entirely on his own; luckily enough, he has the only class/aspect combination capable of breeding the genesis frog entirely unaided (since doing so requires a Knight player and a Space player, and he's both.)
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Bugbear in the Playground

On the subject of lower-body clothes (pants/skirts/etc):

The problem with women's sizes (both top and bottom) is that they are a single number, implying some universe in which all women scale proportionally from the Unit Woman and we just need to select the right number for our scale factor in order to buy clothes.

I do not scale proportionally to the Unit Woman, apparently. My waist belongs to a different scale factor than my rear, meaning that my general options are to buy clothes that fit in the front but dip severely in the back, buy clothes that fully cover my rear but would allow me to carry a small dog in front (note: I have not tried this with an actual small dog - the small dogs in my life prefer to walk), or try to split the different and have two different kinds of unsightly gaps. I generally end up buying high-waisted elastic pants of the "dog smuggling" variety and then trying to fix the front gap in various ways since that is the option that does not expose undergarments (remember, I teach 12-18 year olds - not exposing underwear is a far more important criteria than any kind of fashion-based reasoning). My current choice are a specific style of black pants with a sewn-in fake drawstring (does not go all the way around) that I can use to adjust the gap. They are sold by a single chain for a few weeks each year in late winter. (This year I missed my window and ended up with capris instead.)

Skirts seem simpler, but I find that since I need extra room in the rear I am likely to flash people unless they are fairly long (since I need them cut more generously in the back than the front). Ankle-length skirts do not mesh well with rolling chairs, so I'd need something past the knee but not too far past the knee. In practice, finding a skirt that works well is more work than pants. (Also, I wear hiking boots and refuse to shave my legs, so I'd need skirts that looked non-ridiculous when worn with hiking boots and soccer socks. That's more a series of self-inflicted choices rather than general body-shape issues, though, although the hiking boots are for medical reasons since they provide enough ankle support that I don't need to wear ankle braces.)

I am jealous of those who can wear men's clothing, because they seem to get two or three numbers rather than one. Sadly, my particular shape does not seem to fit nicely into their sets of 2 or 3 numbers, so I generally can't solve my problems this way. (I do wear oversized men's shirts as jackets - flannel in the winter and uv-blocking in the summer. They fit in the sense that they button shut, but are certainly not "fitted" in a way to not look loose and sloppy.)

(Yes, I am still wearing hiking boots and flannel. The 90s live on!)

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

Hurrah, new graphics card arrived for my computer.
    First thing I did of course was play a video game with friends. It's been a week, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Professional clothing is great, once you learn the ins and outs of it. Takes a while (and a good tailor), but is actually worth it.
    I'll look into it then sometime.

Hi everyone! You all alive and stuff?
    I seem to be alive, I think. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Alive. Increasingly frustrated by the above-mentioned computer problems, which have ceased to be immediately data-threatening and stabilized in general bafflement. Also increasingly tired because I lose track of time trying to fix them and then take a break by reading forums and wait it's two a.m. I should probably get offline.
    They do seem baffling.
    Hope you aren't too tired from those shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Got to say, it’s nice to lurk randomly after years of absence and read familiar usernames, talking about familiar things. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I like that the community has a good continuity to it still. Just had to look immediately for the Random Banter, haha. Don't know how memorable I would be for it, but I like it.
    I find Random Banter being a source of continuity amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    I'm a black cat, I'm luckier with all my blood anyway. I'll be perfectly happy to assist with any dark rituals, however.
    Aren't black cats lucky anyway?
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ettin in the Playground

That's pretty similar to my problem. Although I tend to carry more weight in back, so what usually happens with me is that I get a giant gap in the back of the waist by the time it goes over my rear end. Jeans are a little easier, as long as I buy curvy, because you can wear a proper belt with them, and there's less expectation in general that they be fitted to one's shape. I have the additional issue that I don't have the thighs to match my rear, so things can be rather baggy back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Aren't black cats lucky anyway?
    Of course we are! Especially as assistants to black magic rituals.
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2017-07-10 at 06:58 AM.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    That's pretty similar to my problem. Although I tend to carry more weight in back, so what usually happens with me is that I get a giant gap in the back of the waist by the time it goes over my rear end. Jeans are a little easier, as long as I buy curvy, because you can wear a proper belt with them, and there's less expectation in general that they be fitted to one's shape. I have the additional issue that I don't have the thighs to match my rear, so things can be rather baggy back there.

Of course we are! Especially as assistants to black magic rituals.
    I feel very fortunate that the most I have to do to most trousers I get is raise the hems. (For some reason all of my suit trousers didn't have that too long in the leg issue though... )
    This conversation has only really reminded me of that. It's a bit of a shame clothes are this way for so many people =(
    Also, sort of unrelated, but I've never bothered adjusting jeans. Denim is such a pain.

I'll have to keep that last in mind, just in case. =)
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    ...you seem to have a suspicious thirsting for new blood, though. Are you sure this isn't a sacrificial cult? It would explain where all the new blood has gone. I assure you, though, my blood is terrible for rituals. Honest. Causes them to go all haywire.
    In retrospect, I probably should have paid more attention to the pamphlet saying "Not a sacrificial cult!"
    Well, of course it is. How else do you think we appease the great old ones?

And that's only an issue if you're a cultist of order and predictability. This is Random Banter, remember?

YAY CRIPPLING ANXIETY!
    If I've learned anything from past Banterites, then it's that "meaningful" doesn't have to be a prerequisite to "interesting". For as long as you write as if it was interesting, anything will be interesting.

I have no good advice on the anxiety, though. Given, if there was good advice, anxiety probably wouldn't be the issue it is...

ION:
    It took me a single year of working with way too little free time to actually forget how you dispose of your free time when you have it. I'm three days into my vacation, and halfway into the day, my mind goes "Okay, now I've done everything on the checklist, so I guess I'll just wait for bedtime.". Ordinarily, I would have figured out how to spend an afternoon on pure instinct, but now it seems I have to actively plan and schedule it for my mind to figure it out...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2017-07-10 at 09:23 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ettin in the Playground

The Prophet and I have started our honeymoon. It's off to a unique start, what with being contacted about doing a CBC radio interview because our honeymoon is to Winnipeg, which is not the usual destination. So yeah.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    They do seem baffling.
    Hope you aren't too tired from those shenanigans.
    Thanks for the thought. Fixed it yesterday evening - was an odd combination of the way I did my backup, the way mounting a drive hides whatever was previously at the mount point, and the fact that pre-problem I had an encrypted home directory (auto-mounted on login).
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, of course it is. How else do you think we appease the great old ones?
    Chocolate and cookies?

And that's only an issue if you're a cultist of order and predictability. This is Random Banter, remember?
    ...does being Lawful count?

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ettin in the Playground

Y'know, I once accused this site of being possibly a cult, and I got infracted for it...
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Chocolate and cookies?
    Great Old Ones *hate* chocolate, how did you not know that?

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Titan in the Playground

Chocolate and cookies?
    Well, yes, but how do you think we send them over the network? The postal service just turns them into dry crumbles, when they arrive at all. No, we need something reliable, like blood rituals.

...does being Lawful count?
    No, but those are extra fun to sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Y'know, I once accused this site of being possibly a cult, and I got infracted for it...
    Well, there's no paragraph in the rules about accusing the forums of being a cult, so you might have to consider the way you go about it the next time.

Show

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

On July 29. I'm going to my female friend niece sweet 16 birthday party.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    On July 29. I'm going to my female friend niece sweet 16 birthday party.

As a sitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Happy birthday to me. I'm 32 years old and I'm going to party all day and night for this joyous occasion.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    As a sitter?
    No there will family and friends over at the party. It's going to be in a restaurant.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Great Old Ones *hate* chocolate, how did you not know that?
    Well, yes, but how do you think we send them over the network? The postal service just turns them into dry crumbles, when they arrive at all. No, we need something reliable, like blood rituals.
    Okay, so, they love cookies, hate chocolate... How do they feel about chocolate-chip cookies?

If the network dries them out, maybe just try sending the dough? It might conveniently dry into cookies along the way. I dunno how the network works.

...this feels like a distraction.

No, but those are extra fun to sacrifice.
    Uhm... I'm just going to, uh, go stand over here. Away from the Corner of Suspiciously Deadly Objects.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2017-07-11 at 09:50 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Titan in the Playground

If the network dries them out, maybe just try sending the dough? It might conveniently dry into cookies along the way. I dunno how the network works.
    Well, I was talking about the physical postal service, like sending cookies by mail. If we are to send them over the network, only blood rituals will do. And a Wi-Fi connection.

Uhm... I'm just going to, uh, go stand over here. Away from the Corner of Suspiciously Deadly Objects.
    Perfect, that's where we store our candles and pentagrams!

Show

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I was talking about the physical postal service, like sending cookies by mail. If we are to send them over the network, only blood rituals will do. And a Wi-Fi connection.
    Having several family members in the postal service, I can agree with you that they are not always the best and/or most expedient method of transportation.

Perfect, that's where we store our candles and pentagrams!
    Oh... Uh, I have a rare blood type, that can only be sacrificed in heptagrams?
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2017-07-11 at 11:28 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ettin in the Playground

Rawhide, I have a couple questions for you in regards to recent activity in this thread. Incoming PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Titan in the Playground

Having several family members in the postal service, I can agree with you that they are not always the best and/or most expedient method of transportation.
    Our postal service joined together with the Danish and I also think Norwegian postal service to form PostNord. However, because (especially initially) letters and parcels sent by them had a tendency to get damaged or disappear entirely, they were quickly given the less-than-flattering nickname "PostMord" ("mord" is "murder" in Swedish).

Oh... Uh, I have a rare blood type, that can only be sacrificed in heptagrams?
    Ah, okay, thank you for telling us! The heptagrams are in the corner over there. You won't miss it, it's the one with all the extra dimensions that curve inwards and break your sanity. We use it to power the Random Banter Time Loop.

ION:
    Heading up to our ancestral farm today (although I have no idea of when my parents actually intend to start, because they didn't give me any time estimate yesterday. In fact, they're pretty bad at telling me of their plans involving me, I only learned we were leaving today on Monday, and had just bought a whole lot of perishable foodstuffs which I may manage to use up if they're taking more than two hours or so getting here.

The countryside will be a nice wind-down, though. Plus, I'm going to be around people, which probably will be good for me. Some little routine in my brain is not filtering my emotions properly and it seems to coincide with a peak in xenophobic alarmism and general intolerance in my Facebook feed (usually from friends' friends or in the shape of likes on news articles so you can't show them you disagree with their opinions), so that's starting to get to me a bit...

I should stop bringing up all the inconsequential negative things, though.

Show

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Colossus in the Playground

ION:
    Heading up to our ancestral farm today (although I have no idea of when my parents actually intend to start, because they didn't give me any time estimate yesterday. In fact, they're pretty bad at telling me of their plans involving me, I only learned we were leaving today on Monday, and had just bought a whole lot of perishable foodstuffs which I may manage to use up if they're taking more than two hours or so getting here.

The countryside will be a nice wind-down, though. Plus, I'm going to be around people, which probably will be good for me. Some little routine in my brain is not filtering my emotions properly and it seems to coincide with a peak in xenophobic alarmism and general intolerance in my Facebook feed (usually from friends' friends or in the shape of likes on news articles so you can't show them you disagree with their opinions), so that's starting to get to me a bit...

I should stop bringing up all the inconsequential negative things, though.
    Jeez, that does sound like a bit of a problem. Good luck with your trip, enjoy your farm adventure!

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Troll in the Playground

Our postal service joined together with the Danish and I also think Norwegian postal service to form PostNord. However, because (especially initially) letters and parcels sent by them had a tendency to get damaged or disappear entirely, they were quickly given the less-than-flattering nickname "PostMord" ("mord" is "murder" in Swedish).
    I... see. Well, uh, ours isn't quite as bad. It just takes forever.
    (For instance, if I wanted to send a letter to someone across town... it would first get picked up, sent across the ocean (okay, just a Strait, but, ocean sounds more impressive), sorted there, and sent back, before even beginning to be sent to the proper destination.)

Random Banter Time Loop.
    ...that sounds dangerous.

In fact, they're pretty bad at telling me of their plans involving me
    Ah, I can entirely relate to that. "Hey, you didn't have anything important planned this weekend, did you?"

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Bugbear in the Playground

I am officially an idiot. I was just laying on my bed just after waking up and I kicked my right foot with my left foot, while I was in bed. On top of that I hadn't cut my toenails in a while and I drew a bit of blood. I am an idiot.
    Muad'drin tia dar allende caba'drin rhiadem! Los Valdar Cuebiyari! Los! Carai an Caldazar! Al Caldazar!

Amazing avatar by Linklele

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by The Cats View Post
    Oh wadda you know Gary, you're just a baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Yes, but immunity to wizard and resistance to fighter kinda makes up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    It's all fun and games until you encounter the roc weremegalodon