New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1468
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: WarKitty's Feline Frenzy Random Banter #216

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    So you don't want to play a '90's style RPG?

I mean that's a blatant parody of the exact reason why I suggested against it.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I mean that's a blatant parody of...

Spoiler: Have a slice of the '90's
    Show

Goth Talk

Circe Nightshade.....Molly Shannon
    Azrael Abyss.....Chris Kattan
    Glen.....Jim Breuer
    Countess Cabuella.....Sarah Michelle Gellar

Circe Nightshade: Welcome to Goth Talk, I'm Circy Nightshade!

Azrael Abyss: And I'm Azriel Abyss, the Prince of Sorrow.

Circe Nightshade: Prepare yourself children of the night, tonight we are going to take you spiraling DOWN DOWN DOWN into the ecstasy of the unearthly!

Azrael Abyss: The ecstasy of the unearthly! Weeeeee!

Circe Nightshade: But we have to be quiet because Azriel's brother Glenn came home wasted from a beach party, and he's hiding out behind the couch until The Prince of Sorrow's parents go to sleep.

Glen: [ singing ] She's got legs! And she knows how to use them...

Azrael Abyss: Glenn, you're ruining our dark spell!

Glen: Shhh-za Yo! I was doin' it that loud?? I'm sorry, listen, listen. I'll be hiding under here, okay? Be cool.

Azrael Abyss: Agghhhh! Anyway...

Circe Nightshade: Let's begin our decent into madness with a Goth Talk concert review! Azriel.

Azrael Abyss: Last Saturday, I saw a new Goth band called "The Grim Reaper" And theirs is a morbid elegy to the horrible squallow of life... I think. Actually I missed most of the show when I accidentally dropped my retainer. I spent most of the time looking for it on the floor.

Circe Nightshade: So, if you were at the show Saturday, and have found a most demonic retainer, please return it to the address below. *Address Flashes*

Azrael Abyss: I had it wrapped in a napkin, if I don't find it my dad's going to kill me! Rrrraarrr! Our guest tonight is the goddess of the Goth seen in nearby Orlando. She hosts her own show, a cable access show, it's called, "Black Magic Kingdom."

Circe Nightshade: She's a dark destroyer of men and empires... and we used to go to tennis camp together.

Azrael Abyss: But her family moved away last summer. Rrrrrraaryyeee! Please welcome-

Circe and Azrael: Countess Cabuella!

Azrael Abyss: Come on in... Come on in... Come on in... Come on in... Come on in...

Circe Nightshade: It's a dark, dark delight to see you again Cabuella! There's been a void in my soul ever since your dad got transferred to that marketing job in the Hardrock Cafe.

Countess Cabuella: Yes, Circy, parting is such a fiendish little slice of death! But Countess Cabuella was actually pretty phyched to get out of Tampa. Orlando is much more sinister.

Circe Nightshade: Well, Tampa's pretty sinister too! It's at least as sinister as Clearwater, or Tarpon Springs!

Azrael Abyss: Ooooohhhh! Yes! It's very sinister! They just opened a water-slide park downtown, a very macabre water-slide park!

Countess Cabuella: Don't make me laugh! Ha. Orlando is much more sinister. Tampa's Goth scene is lame. It's pretty much just you two and that weird guy Azriel works with a Cinnabuns!

Azrael Abyss: Gordy's a creature of the night!

Countess Cabuella: No, Gordy is a 32-year-old Eagle Scout that rides a Huffy!

Azrael Abyss: Eeeeeeeyaaaaa!

Circe Nightshade: Well, Cabuella, we can't all live in Orlando and do dark things like work part-time at the Epcot Center!

Countess Cabuella: I only do that to pay for the clothes, Stephanie!

Azrael Abyss: Ooooo-Eeeee-Ooooo-Yeeeeaaa.

Circe Nightshade: My name is not Stephanie! It's Circy Nightshade, Denise! And anyway you can shove Orlando! I'm a hundred times more Goth than you are and I always have been!

Countess Cabuella: Yeah, you were real Goth when you modeled pajamas for Pic-and-Save.

Circe Nightshade: Oh, yeah, well you sure were the Dark Mistress of the Night when you... lip-synched to Ace of Base in our 8th grade talent show!

Azrael Abyss: So, Countess Cabuella, you've brought a clip of your show with you. Does it need a setup?

Countess Cabuella: Sure, this is a clip of my show: "Black Magic Kingdom," a show about real Goth. Something Circe wouldn't know anything about.

Circe Nightshade: Well, let's see then.. [ inserts tape ] Behold: The voluptuous horror of Cabuella.

[ tape shows Countess Cabuella singing Ace of Base's "All That She Wants" ]

Circe Nightshade: Uhhhh, huh! Yeah, you were really Goth, Cabuella!

Countess Cabuella: You #*$%&!! Where'd you get that?

Circe Nightshade: You're the #*$%&!!

Countess Cabuella: You're a #*$%&!!

Circe Nightshade: You're a #*$%&!!

Azrael Abyss: All right, the evening has come to a close-*

Glen: Oh man! My car! I left my car...

Azrael Abyss: Until next time...Stay out of the daylight!

Source
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ettin in the Playground

It's amazing how frustrated people can be by getting what they ordered rather than what they wanted.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    It's amazing how frustrated people can be by getting what they ordered rather than what they wanted.
    The programming business is rife with this. Customers are fascinatingly bad at expressing what they want beyond "put a button here", so a lot of time in the early development stages has to be put into 1. making them clarify themselves and then 2. convince them that they don't want that at all (even the spot for the button was probably illogical for a button of that purpose).

ION:
    I'm in Trondheim now, apparently. Last night was spent in Røros, on a rehabilitation clinic which leased out their spare rooms as hotel beds and whose defining features were a xenophobic Wi-Fi and the most meagre breakfast I've ever seen. The town of Røros itself was very picturesque, though, with many old houses with grass roofs (and a rowan or another where the owners hadn't cared for their roofs for a while). They also had an old copper mill which looked pretty cool from the outside, and an older church which looked pretty cool from the inside.

Today we also visited the Olavsgruva, a museum mine which was worked over two different eras, the 17th-18th and the 20th century respectively. Quite cool, quite well-preserved after the latter operations, and my only pair of jeans decided to bring some mine mud back from the depth, so I should probably deal with that sometime...

Tomorrow will see what Trondheim has to offer...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    I've been on both ends of this. One of my customers at Kroger once specified precisely where she wanted literally every single item in her bags. Then she took those bags to the side and rearranged every single item (many of which she expressly told us to put where they were) and scoffed "didn't they teach you how to bag things?" (Reminder: the arrangement was one she specifically told me to do) Then she called me retarded as she walked out.

Nothing quite like being called retarded (her word, not mine) for doing exactly what someone told you to do.

(My manager thought she'd said it to one of my coworkers because he was... well, slow, for lack of a more diplomatic term coming to mind. But he hadn't been bagging her stuff. He hadn't even been nearby. Still, it was nice to know she was upset by it.)
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2017-07-18 at 11:34 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ettin in the Playground

We book cars. When booking, we ask how many people you have, and how much luggage. There is a reason for this. We charge by the vehicle, not the person. But if you show up with two more people than we have seat belts, or with 6 large bags when you booked a small car, you won't be getting in. Oh we'll try to help out, but we don't promise and you're paying for it.

And we will not transport anyone not in accordance with the law. In the U.S. that means everyone has to have a seat belt and children must be in appropriate restraints for their size.
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2017-07-18 at 11:50 AM.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

7. - Top - End - #1387

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    The programming business is rife with this. Customers are fascinatingly bad at expressing what they want beyond "put a button here", so a lot of time in the early development stages has to be put into 1. making them clarify themselves and then 2. convince them that they don't want that at all (even the spot for the button was probably illogical for a button of that purpose).

ION:
    I'm in Trondheim now, apparently. Last night was spent in Røros, on a rehabilitation clinic which leased out their spare rooms as hotel beds and whose defining features were a xenophobic Wi-Fi and the most meagre breakfast I've ever seen. The town of Røros itself was very picturesque, though, with many old houses with grass roofs (and a rowan or another where the owners hadn't cared for their roofs for a while). They also had an old copper mill which looked pretty cool from the outside, and an older church which looked pretty cool from the inside.

Today we also visited the Olavsgruva, a museum mine which was worked over two different eras, the 17th-18th and the 20th century respectively. Quite cool, quite well-preserved after the latter operations, and my only pair of jeans decided to bring some mine mud back from the depth, so I should probably deal with that sometime...

Tomorrow will see what Trondheim has to offer...
    Jeez, what's got you all the way over there? Is everything alright?

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Jeez, what's got you all the way over there? Is everything alright?
    Family trip. Don't read too much into my love for expressing stuff in new and silly ways. Most of the undertones which actually were there were just a reference to how utterly underprepared I was for this whole vacation (because I forgot to ask my parents about the schedule, and they didn't tell me on beforehand). For example, I've got mining mud on my only pair of long-legged pants (don't worry about them, they're cheap and fit for heavy work), because I didn't expect a long trip, or all the rain we've had, first at the farm, then here in Norway (rain in Norway is to be expected, I just didn't expect to go to Norway).

Show

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Con Swag list
    I said I'd update this if it changed significantly, and the con ended 2 days ago. So...

-A dark souls desk pad (currently under my keyboard)
    -A Zelda x Link poster signed by its artist (OTP! OTP! OTP!)
    -A book based on a webcomic (I kinda regret this purchasing decision - it's immediately apparent that this guy is more used to webcomics than prose. Too bad)
    -Misterguy (comedic comic that reminds me of - and was compared to - Invader Zim)
    -Foam Wakizashi (I already mentioned the katana, but this one's not metal. It's short, meant for sparring and I had a lot of fun with it. Fun times.)

Now I just need to put my posters up on the wall I just cleared of stuff from 2004.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, Teddy, could you check out my thread in Arts and Crafts? On the off chance Amidus is reading this, I'd like him there too.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Barbarian in the Playground

-wanders back in, sees four pages of missed posts, nopes on reading and posts instead-

Had my modem melt down and somehow it caused the entire line all the way to the pole to go bad too. That was a hassle.

Restarted u/FromThePrimordialSoup... we'll be starting life on a donut shaped world soon, and of course I had to name the planet Homer, because donut.

Running three Roll20 games, usually streamed and recorded by one of the players. One team is real misfits who have a high turnover rate out of nowhere and are (almost) led by a russian-accented mobster-esque rogue. One's full of arctic lizardmen and they just kicked a npc out of the party off camera for focusing on saving their pack beast / animal companion (npc druid with a pet) instead of helping the party. One's a bunch of potential evil murderhobos with a necromacer as their leader.

Bought four 24 packs of mountain dew this afternoon. It'll be gone by the end of the month.

Whee.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Man. It's very hot in New York City. Today it's was 95 degrees. I wish the weather was warm again.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Man. It's very hot in New York City. Today it's was 95 degrees. I wish the weather was warm again.
    Oh yeah

95 degree weather

How awful for New York.

>100+ is the norm in summer here
    >With humidity to match

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Oh yeah

95 degree weather

How awful for New York.

>100+ is the norm in summer here
    >With humidity to match
    You must have high tolerance for extreme heat like that.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    You must have high tolerance for extreme heat like that.
    I love the heat.

But tbh it's not so bad. You're generally sup posed to stay out of it, drink lots of water, etc etc. I'm mostly messing with you :P

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I love the heat.

But tbh it's not so bad. You're generally sup posed to stay out of it, drink lots of water, etc etc. I'm mostly messing with you :P
    Drinking water isn't such a bad idea. Because I mostly drink Diet Monster Energy Drinks and diet soda. I'm going to start drinking water for now on.

17. - Top - End - #1397

BlackDragon

In the UK we had about three good days earlier in the week, but it's gone windy and a bit chill now--supposed to be 18C (64F) today.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Bugbear in the Playground

Huh. Here I thought summer in the UK came a little later than mid-July. Here's hoping for a brief resurgence in a few weeks.
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Troll in the Playground

This is one of the coldest summers I have witnessed here in Finland. It's been mostly 15°C to 20°C... even in July. Not that I mind that much, I prefer the cooler temperatures, but it is sort of alarming.
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2017-07-21 at 03:26 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Troll in the Playground

Over here in the non-snowy part of Canada, we basically had February weather up until about April, then March weather into June, and then straight into July weather. The last few days have been cloudy and dreary, though.

People kept complaining about how cold our winter was here, but, it really wasn't. Sure, there was a lot more snow than usual (heck, one day there was even enough for the university to end classes early, which happens basically never) but, really, it was just long...
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Barbarian in the Playground

Not hot here in Ohio, but damned humid. Hard to believe in Africa it's winter (I watch a live safari every now and then and still find it hard to believe it's rather chilly over there now what with the savannah and whatnot).

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis J Hyena View Post
    Not hot here in Ohio, but damned humid. Hard to believe in Africa it's winter (I watch a live safari every now and then and still find it hard to believe it's rather chilly over there now what with the savannah and whatnot).
    I've always wanted to travel to the southern hemisphere in july so that I could have it be Winter on my Birthday. Someday, perhaps...
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

23. - Top - End - #1403

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis J Hyena View Post
    In most of Africa it's just as much summer as it is here--there's actually quite a bit more of the continent north of the Equator than there is south of it.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is one of the coldest summers I have witnessed here in Finland. It's been mostly 15°C to 20°C... even in July. Not that I mind that much, I prefer the cooler temperatures, but it is sort of alarming.
    The same thing is going on one step westwards. First we had an unseasonably dry winter and spring, so most of Sweden is suffering a water shortage, and now it's raining every other day with temperatures closer to 10°C than 20°C on many of those days, so the summer doesn't feel particularly summery. Does nothing for the water shortage, either, as the greenery gets the water before it can get down into the groundwater basins...

Show

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Does anyone else use the mobile site on desktop? I prefer the mobile layout as it cleans out all the clutter of the desktop site. The disadvantages don't bother me nearly as much. I've learnt how to type out all the formatting I frequently use, though I do dislike how showsinglepost links turn up as blank on mobile...

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    Does anyone else use the mobile site on desktop? I prefer the mobile layout as it cleans out all the clutter of the desktop site. The disadvantages don't bother me nearly as much. I've learnt how to type out all the formatting I frequently use, though I do dislike how showsinglepost links turn up as blank on mobile...
    At the bottom left of the page, there's a drop-down menu where you can chose the style of the Forum. Ironically enough, it isn't there on the mobile layout, so the only way I found to get back to the regular style was by using the back button...

EDIT:
    I realise now you weren't asking for advice on how to get it on desktop, just people who weren't doing it. Reading comprehension failure on my part.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2017-07-22 at 12:04 PM.

Show

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Titan in the Playground

I have, maybe because I'm just more used to mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    At the bottom left of the page, there's a drop-down menu where you can chose the style of the Forum. Ironically enough, it isn't there on the mobile layout, so the only way I found to get back to the regular style was by using the back button...

At the bottom of the page in my "mobile", you can click on "Full Site"
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    At the bottom of the page in my "mobile", you can click on "Full Site"
    Well, will you look at that. I should have spent a bit more time scouting around...

Show

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ettin in the Playground

Jepp, prefer the mobile version, too. Only thing that really annoys me is not being able to select tags and deleting PMs. (Mods? *hint hint*)

@Summer and the weather:

Still waiting for summer. Brandenburg is often called the "Sub-Sahara of Germany" because the region lacks rain and and the topsoil corrodes to sand easily. A bit over a week ago, it rained around 300 l/m2 in a single day. That is aprox. a third of the total rain we get in an entire year. Hasn´t gotten better yet and no end to that in sight. On the positive side, I didn't have to water the garden so far, giving my grey water bill a break.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

Realized something possibly-odd today. I live in the US. When I hear "King" or "Queen", no nation or name specified, I think of specific countries. I'm curious as to whether they match what other people think of (and what country people in countries without Presidents think of given the word "President").

My associations spoilered so as to not bias the results - do not read until after your answer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Queen: England.
    King: France. Yes, even though France hasn't had a king for ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew