New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Spheres of Power Ask Me Anything #2

Quote Originally Posted by A.J.Gibson View Post
    Unfortunately, the writer of the Enhancement books doesn't answer questions, so your GM will probably have to rule on it.
    I mean, I did ask for opinions from anyone and everyone, but, if you feel it's better to leave it untouched, alright, I suppose.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by mrguymiah View Post
    I mean, I did ask for opinions from anyone and everyone, but, if you feel it's better to leave it untouched, alright, I suppose.
    I'm just explaining why you haven't gotten an official response (not that this is really official in this thread). I personally don't know what the writer intended, but if someone else wants to chime in, that'd be good.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Bugbear in the Playground

Q302: A blaster armorist can use destructive blast as an attack action and with Charged Shot can deal double damage as a standard action. Do these work together with SoM?
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

4. - Top - End - #754
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q 303 For those here familiar with Street Fighter, how would one go about making M. Bison (Dictator) with spheres of power?

5. - Top - End - #755
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Q 304 When you apply a enhancement to a weapon that grants it a special ability, like the Deadly Weapon and Energy Weapon enhancements, you can apply it even if the weapon hasn't a +1 bonus on it, or you need the weapon to be +1 first (being magical or applying first Enhance Equipment)?

6. - Top - End - #756
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q 305

Are there any mythic options anywhere for Spheres of Power?

7. - Top - End - #757

Quote Originally Posted by freduncio View Post
    Q 304 When you apply a enhancement to a weapon that grants it a special ability, like the Deadly Weapon and Energy Weapon enhancements, you can apply it even if the weapon hasn't a +1 bonus on it, or you need the weapon to be +1 first (being magical or applying first Enhance Equipment)?
    A 304: You can apply a sphere effect on non-magical weaponry to get the benefits, unless the effects specifically state "magic weapon". Both of your examples state only "weapon".

Quote Originally Posted by Zsaber0 View Post
    Q 305

Are there any mythic options anywhere for Spheres of Power?
    A 305: No, until now, every author attempting to create such a rule set failed for one reason or another. Considering we have soonish Spheres of Might, it would be a good time to include mythic martial stuff. The Paizo mythic martial benefits are bad after all (like you can push people several squares back and if they collide with something, they take damage).
    Last edited by EldritchWeaver; 2017-08-22 at 03:50 AM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
    A 304: You can apply a sphere effect on non-magical weaponry to get the benefits, unless the effects specifically state "magic weapon". Both of your examples state only "weapon".
    Hmm. I asked because all abilities that add weapon special abilities (like the paladin's Divine Bond weapon, or the soulknife's Enhanced Mindblade) requires at least a +1 bonus before any special abilities can be put. Probably to emulate the rules for magic weapons.
    So the Enhancement Talents breaks this mold.

9. - Top - End - #759

No more than Align Weapon.

10. - Top - End - #760

Quote Originally Posted by masterjoda99 View Post
    Q 303 For those here familiar with Street Fighter, how would one go about making M. Bison (Dictator) with spheres of power?

A303:
    I wouldn't. Bison is more of a Deadly Fist Soulknife (Ultimate Psionics). If I had to make him in SoP I guess I'd go Elementalist with Shape Focus (Energy Blade) and maybe the Flame Warrior archetype.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

No more than Align Weapon.
    Align Weapon does not gives a special weapon ability

12. - Top - End - #762

MindFlayer

Yes, you can apply these abilities to non-magical weapons. Note that the keen spell doesn't require that the weapon be magical either.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by masterjoda99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post

A303:
    I wouldn't. Bison is more of a Deadly Fist Soulknife (Ultimate Psionics). If I had to make him in SoP I guess I'd go Elementalist with Shape Focus (Energy Blade) and maybe the Flame Warrior archetype.
    That or wait for Spheres of Might, which has a talent that is literally called Psycho Crusher and does exactly what you think it would.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2017-08-22 at 10:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by A.J.Gibson View Post
    Yes, you can apply these abilities to non-magical weapons. Note that the keen spell doesn't require that the weapon be magical either.
    This! Thanks. A precedent makes it's easier to accept. By the way, a Energy Weapon or Deadly Weapon/Keen Edge applied on a non-magical weapon does not turn it magical, right? As there is a definition of magic weapon on the Core Rulebook:
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Rulebook, pg 562
    Overcoming DR: Damage reduction may be overcome by special materials, magic weapons (any weapon with a +1 or higher enhancement bonus, not counting the enhancement from masterwork quality), (...)

15. - Top - End - #765

MindFlayer

By the way, a Energy Weapon or Deadly Weapon/Keen Edge applied on a non-magical weapon does not turn it magical, right?
    I believe so. Whatever the general PF rule is would apply here.

16. - Top - End - #766

Q305: The Dark talent Shadow Stash can be chosen twice, but the armorist's arsenal trick Shadow Armory, which grants the Shadow Stash talent, can be only taken once. Is this an oversight?

17. - Top - End - #767

Imp

Q306 Is it possible to combine "Mass Alteration" with the "Fusion" talent? Alternatively, is it possible to use the "Fusion" talent on an already fused creature?

Theoretically, casting a polymorph effect on someone already under a polymorph effect would dispel the previous polymorph (in this case, the previous fusion) and take it's place. This way, dispelling a fusion of a single creature and an amalgated creature would yield all 3 original creatures, rather than the amalgamated creature and the extra. But, if the previous polymorph is dispelled when the new one takes its place, would this mean that the amalgamated creature turns into 2 and is thus ineligible for Fusion, or is the "Mass Alteration" talent sufficient to make this work, up to a total number of creatures equal to half caster level?

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaouse View Post
    Q306 Is it possible to combine "Mass Alteration" with the "Fusion" talent? Alternatively, is it possible to use the "Fusion" talent on an already fused creature?

Theoretically, casting a polymorph effect on someone already under a polymorph effect would dispel the previous polymorph (in this case, the previous fusion) and take it's place. This way, dispelling a fusion of a single creature and an amalgated creature would yield all 3 original creatures, rather than the amalgamated creature and the extra. But, if the previous polymorph is dispelled when the new one takes its place, would this mean that the amalgamated creature turns into 2 and is thus ineligible for Fusion, or is the "Mass Alteration" talent sufficient to make this work, up to a total number of creatures equal to half caster level?
    A306: Fusion specifies two creatures, so doesn't interact with mass alteration. Using shapeshift on the amalgamated body would require an MSB check and end the fusion if successful. If you tried to fusion a fusioned creature with another creature and succeeded on the MSB check, you would fuse the dominate body with the outside creature, leaving the second party of the fusion alone, with damage and effects divided as normal for fusion ending.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q307

Can a caster with the crystal blast types dismiss the crystals himself or does he have to wait the 1 minute for them to disappear?
    Last edited by Zsaber0; 2017-08-25 at 01:21 PM.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zsaber0 View Post
    Q307

Can a caster with the crystal blast types dismiss the crystals himself or does he have to wait the 1 minute for them to disappear?
    A307: I do not believe there is any text indicating the effects of a destructive blast are dismiss-able, so RAW, no.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Q308

With Path of War's errata on sacred and profane damage's effects, should the Holy Smite and Unholy Smite advanced Destruction talents keep their pre-existing effects (the talents appear to be from the Destruction Handbook; does the book itself reference Path of War or just reprint the effect of sacred/profane?) or utilize the new version of sacred and profane damage (and if it changes, would that change warrant an adjustment of the spell point cost)?

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by master4sword View Post
    Q308

With Path of War's errata on sacred and profane damage's effects, should the Holy Smite and Unholy Smite advanced Destruction talents keep their pre-existing effects (the talents appear to be from the Destruction Handbook; does the book itself reference Path of War or just reprint the effect of sacred/profane?) or utilize the new version of sacred and profane damage (and if it changes, would that change warrant an adjustment of the spell point cost)?
    I haven't looked at the PoW errata, so I can answer properly. I want to say PoW was cited but I dont have the book on hand at the moment.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Pixie in the Playground

Protection Handbook - does it exist somewhere in beta? Might be good to have a thread that has links to all the beta handbooks.

24. - Top - End - #774

Quote Originally Posted by meat_shield View Post
    Protection Handbook - does it exist somewhere in beta? Might be good to have a thread that has links to all the beta handbooks.
    It exists only as non-public document. The current state is that only Life and Creation are in playtest, and Life in the process of being layouted. So we need more HBs in playtest. I know that there is some link still available to Time, but it will be basically completely overhauled by ssalarn. I expect a new link for that.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Pixie in the Playground

It exists only as non-public document. The current state is that only Life and Creation are in playtest, and Life in the process of being layouted. So we need more HBs in playtest. I know that there is some link still available to Time, but it will be basically completely overhauled by ssalarn. I expect a new link for that.
    Excellent - thank you !

26. - Top - End - #776

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by meat_shield View Post
    Is there something specific in Protection you're looking for? I haven't seen a lot of interest in this book...

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

why do some abilities have effects capped at level 20, while some others don't? especially since spheres has a fair number of caster level boosters, having some powers capped at 20 really weakens them.
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

28. - Top - End - #778
    Orc in the Playground

Q308 So the Divided Mind talent doesn't make any sense. It says you're limited in number of attacks equal to your Bab + those granted by feats. But Rapid shot is the only feat to grant attacks. Otherwise you are only ever limited in attacks with manufactured melee equal to the number of weapons you can feasibly attack with. (If you have 8 arms and 8 weapons, you can attack with 8 one handed or light weapons). Hell, there are canon D&D characters in adventures that dual wield bows with 4 arms. So if you can lift 4 weapons with your telekinesis you can attack with... 4 weapons. So what does this limitation actually mean?
    Last edited by M. Arillius; 2017-09-07 at 02:53 AM.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hi SoP experts,

Just wondering why the Sphere archetypes of the Paizo 3/4 BAB full casters (Cleric, Druid etc.) get a talent every level, sometimes with additional domain talents?
    Seems like they should get the Thaumaturge progression to me...

30. - Top - End - #780

Quote Originally Posted by Aipaca View Post
    Hi SoP experts,

Just wondering why the Sphere archetypes of the Paizo 3/4 BAB full casters (Cleric, Druid etc.) get a talent every level, sometimes with additional domain talents?
    Seems like they should get the Thaumaturge progression to me...

You are not alone in thinking that the Cleric and Druid should be reworked. However, I like some others believe that these classes should be changed to mid-casters, but high-casters with specific spheres (clerics = Life or Death + 2 spheres determined by domain; druids option = Alteration, Nature, and Weather).