New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1471

Thread: Outside 45

1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 45

Tower of Owls

Mist puts his paws on the bear, resisting temptation to lay down in that giant pile of fur so much like his Leah. Well the white fur part at least.
    "No missy! I need to know what the mask is! You could offend my uncle wearing a disguise to his party!" he insists.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Tower of Owls]

"And? So what if he's offended? I don't know any of you."
    Ark lumbers towards the tower, shrugging off the paws of foxes.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

Tower of Owls

"If you offend him they'll just send you back to where we came from and you'll go back to being alone.
    Also, I'm the Prince of Foxes and being with me gets you to the banquet table."

As soon as Mist says his title out loud a number of folks turn their head towards them and a little brass circlet appears on his head.
    "Gosh I hate this whole realm."

4. - Top - End - #1054

Default [Tower of Owls]

The masked polar bear lifts a hand to wave at all the animals watching them.
    "You're lying. I might not know what the trick is, but you're not consistent. Hmph.
    "If you hate it so, why don't you leave?"
    Isn't that a door over there? Or just a tree?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrick View Post
    (nearly finished the essay... thanks for your patience)

Wizard's Cottage

As Felandria picks up the armour, it begins to shine supernaturally. It then grows, without being too alarming, to a size that would fit whomever picks it up and wants to wear it. If Felandria has the intention of wearing the armour, it will expand, but if she is merely inspecting it, it will return to its original size. The armour is a bronze colour, but feels very solid; it is good quality armour.

Fendrick takes the sand, but it trickles through his forepaw. Meanwhile, Arthur the wizard has woken up... they weren't fast enough with the sleep spell!

'H-Hello? Please don't make me sleep again. Please, help me. I am cursed, hence why my flat is in such a wretched state. Everything I touch gets... dirty.' The wizard has followed the adventurers upstairs, and his fingertips carelessly brush Fendrick's tail...

With shock, Fendrick recoils. On being touched by the cursed wizard, his fur instantly loses its well-kempt shine. It mats, and there appear to be small black specks crawling in it. His waistcoat has greasy stains suddenly appearing all over it from nowhere. Fendrick feels very itchy, and looks down at his waistcoat and fur in horror.

'Oh no! I am so sorry!' exclaims the wizard. 'If you could help me rid myself of this curse, I will surely reward you handsomely. I've been poring over all my books, and can't find a single thing to lift it!'

Arthur the wizard is wearing dishevelled, disgustingly dirty robes. He has no wizard's beard, and seems quite young and inexperienced. His robes are frayed at the edges, his hair is lank and gross. His skin looks kind of shiny with sweat and acne, and the floor upon which he stands is noticeably darker and more moss-like than that around the adventurers.
    Gaelin says "I guess the first thing to do is see how powerful this curse is." He holds out his hand with his palm up and starts moving his arm in small circles. He then says "abiicias exeratione maledicta congessit" (Remove Curse). Gaelin pulls a white cloth out of his pocket. He says "Can you please touch this cloth? If the curse was a normal and weak curse like the one usually on items, you should be good. But if it's a more powerful curse, we may need to do some more work and possibly run some more tests. If it's strong enough it might require nothing short of a miracle to remove it. In that case, you may need a cleric, not a wizard."
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2017-06-07 at 02:03 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

Tower of Owls

"Because I need my father to send me home instead of being stuck in your forest hellhole. Now, do you want to come in and eat or are you going to stay stubborn and wait outside?" said the fox to the bear, ears flicking.

7. - Top - End - #1057

Default [Tower of Owls]

"That wasn't even a very bad forest." the polar bear drawls.
    It sort of shrugs and pushes the mask up to the top of her head before heading inside.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    The old man scratches​ his head, realizing what he got himself into. "Uh, I'll take the grenade launcher."
    Tier says "I can't believe you are actually agreeing with my plan. I made up this concept in about 10 seconds." Tier picks up the L85 and then says back to the old man "I've got some flares back on board my ship, I'm guessing you might have more here. Considering that whatever attacked us went towards my ship shortly after I landed and asked for a nearby volcano, I'm assuming this creature hunts thermal energy. If we get enough flares in one place, maybe we can lure him out. So what we are going to do is that we are going to find a clearing in trees, light the flares in the clearing, hide in the trees, and fire as soon as he is in the open. We aren't going to fight, we are going to hunt."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Tier says "I can't believe you are actually agreeing with my plan. I made up this concept in about 10 seconds." Tier picks up the L85 and then says back to the old man "I've got some flares back on board my ship, I'm guessing you might have more here. Considering that whatever attacked us went towards my ship shortly after I landed and asked for a nearby volcano, I'm assuming this creature hunts thermal energy. If we get enough flares in one place, maybe we can lure him out. So what we are going to do is that we are going to find a clearing in trees, light the flares in the clearing, hide in the trees, and fire as soon as he is in the open. We aren't going to fight, we are going to hunt."
    "We need to make an example of this fool." He stops. "Do we have an escape plan?"
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Massimo Safehouse]

When did the sky get so dark? It was sunny and bright a few minutes ago. Now, dark clouds blot out the sun, though no rain falls. As Tier and the guard plan, there's a rumble of thunder, followed by the safehouse's proximity alarms going off. Once more, there is a figure standing on the edge of the hole where the parking garage is. It's not the same person/thing that just visited them a short time ago, however. This person is wearing a long, tattered cloak with a hood pulled up over their head. The build is hard to make out since the cloak shrouds their body, and the face is completely obscured beneath the hood, save for a pair of glowing red eyes that almost seem to burn. The figure kneels down, inspecting the dirt for a moment, before dropping into the parking garage and calling out in a voice that's neither definitively male or female.

"HELLO! CAN ANYONE HEAR ME? DO YOU NEED HELP?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Wayward Shrine

"Shhh. Soothe thyself."
    The Drowess' calm voice whispers to Tina as her arms hold her tight to the maiden's soft body. "My Lady and I care not if you sleep, but perhaps you would like to step out so you may dry and then eat? There is a silken kimono awaiting you once you dry. Or would you prefer more sleep, massage, or music? I am your servant for this evening and night." Nidda explains.

"Yea. Yea, let's do a massage. Or music. Or both. I'm gonna shrivel up like a raisin if I sit in here,"
    Tina says, and will rise. She cuts quite the figure, ebony and tone, crystalline droplets falling in sheets. Her legs wobble, but she feels... sooo much better. Stronger, even. "Man, that was like magic." Her eyes widen. She doesn't seem to mind the casual nudity as she turns and asks, "Is this water magic?"

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lonely Tower]

"No! It was just... bones," Iknika declares, picking herself off the ground with as much dignity as she can manage. "Kind of creepy, but not scary."

"Are you certain?"
    Eschelle asks, and her eyes dart up. It's almost too perfect a moment as the first flashes of lightning appear outside and, if Iknika turns, she'll find herself face to face with the reassembled skeleton. His tattered clothes and ragged bones cast spooky shadows on the wall beyond.

The boney foe clacks his jaw, almost as if to say 'boo'.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

[Lonely Tower]

"Eeeeeeek!" Iknika squeaks, as she backs away rapidly, possibly tripping over something.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrick View Post
    (nearly finished the essay... thanks for your patience)

Wizard's Cottage

As Felandria picks up the armour, it begins to shine supernaturally. It then grows, without being too alarming, to a size that would fit whomever picks it up and wants to wear it. If Felandria has the intention of wearing the armour, it will expand, but if she is merely inspecting it, it will return to its original size. The armour is a bronze colour, but feels very solid; it is good quality armour.

Fendrick takes the sand, but it trickles through his forepaw. Meanwhile, Arthur the wizard has woken up... they weren't fast enough with the sleep spell!

'H-Hello? Please don't make me sleep again. Please, help me. I am cursed, hence why my flat is in such a wretched state. Everything I touch gets... dirty.' The wizard has followed the adventurers upstairs, and his fingertips carelessly brush Fendrick's tail...

With shock, Fendrick recoils. On being touched by the cursed wizard, his fur instantly loses its well-kempt shine. It mats, and there appear to be small black specks crawling in it. His waistcoat has greasy stains suddenly appearing all over it from nowhere. Fendrick feels very itchy, and looks down at his waistcoat and fur in horror.

'Oh no! I am so sorry!' exclaims the wizard. 'If you could help me rid myself of this curse, I will surely reward you handsomely. I've been poring over all my books, and can't find a single thing to lift it!'

Arthur the wizard is wearing dishevelled, disgustingly dirty robes. He has no wizard's beard, and seems quite young and inexperienced. His robes are frayed at the edges, his hair is lank and gross. His skin looks kind of shiny with sweat and acne, and the floor upon which he stands is noticeably darker and more moss-like than that around the adventurers.
    Fel makes a noise of intrigue when the armor starts to grow, and she is about to try and put it on, when she hears the noise of awakedness from the wizard, she takes the armor with her as she heads over to see what's going on.

Fendrick, what happened?

You fall in something?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Gaelin says "I guess the first thing to do is see how powerful this curse is." He holds out his hand with his palm up and starts moving his arm in small circles. He then says "abiicias exeratione maledicta congessit" (Remove Curse). Gaelin pulls a white cloth out of his pocket. He says "Can you please touch this cloth? If the curse was a normal and weak curse like the one usually on items, you should be good. But if it's a more powerful curse, we may need to do some more work and possibly run some more tests. If it's strong enough it might require nothing short of a miracle to remove it. In that case, you may need a cleric, not a wizard."
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Fel makes a noise of intrigue when the armor starts to grow, and she is about to try and put it on, when she hears the noise of awakedness from the wizard, she takes the armor with her as she heads over to see what's going on.

Fendrick, what happened?

You fall in something?
    Wizard's Cottage

Arthur the wizard touches the cloth; it immediately goes simultaneously crispy and mouldy. It is stained, and is closer to brown-green in colour than its original white. It is apparent the curse is still strong.

Fendrick shivers in disgust at his condition. He is super itchy. Small black dots continue to jump around his fur.

'Yucky! What if there is something in this cottage that could provide a clue? We don't know what that glowing orb thing in the living room does; maybe it is magicky enough to break this curse, or cause it?
    Is there any artefact here that could help? Ugh, it was less dirty that time I went into the sewers to visit the molemen.
    '

Again, there is a wand that looks to be made of dried vine upstairs. There is the armour Felandria is holding, and a small bottle filled with liquid with a label with a picture of a lake on.

Arthur pipes up, 'I've been spending all my time studying magic to see if I can learn to remove this curse. I will reward you handsomely if you rid me of it, I have gold I will give you if you help.
    I-I'm sorry I touched you, Fendrick. All I touch turns dirty, and you appear to now have fleas.
    '

Fendrick shudders again. He is super grossed out, and very keen to find a cure to the curse. In the meantime, he might go see if he can wash off some of the grime. He picks up the bottle with the lake on its label, and looks at it curiously while absentmindedly scratching at his itchiness.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Troll in the Playground

Wizard's Cottage

Gaelin looks at the wand and says "Do you mind if I test fire this?" While sounding polite, he really doesn't care about Arthur's approval and picks it up anyway. He says to his hamster familiar "Could you stand about 5 feet in front of me." The hamster says, obviously annoyed "Fine, what terrib-" as he is interrupted by the firing of the wand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Massimo Safehouse]

When did the sky get so dark? It was sunny and bright a few minutes ago. Now, dark clouds blot out the sun, though no rain falls. As Tier and the guard plan, there's a rumble of thunder, followed by the safehouse's proximity alarms going off. Once more, there is a figure standing on the edge of the hole where the parking garage is. It's not the same person/thing that just visited them a short time ago, however. This person is wearing a long, tattered cloak with a hood pulled up over their head. The build is hard to make out since the cloak shrouds their body, and the face is completely obscured beneath the hood, save for a pair of glowing red eyes that almost seem to burn. The figure kneels down, inspecting the dirt for a moment, before dropping into the parking garage and calling out in a voice that's neither definitively male or female.

"HELLO! CAN ANYONE HEAR ME? DO YOU NEED HELP?"
    Tier walks to the door slowly. He puts down the L85 and pulls out his AUG and says "What do you want? This isn't a hideout for fugitives." He points the gun at the creature through the opening of the door.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

16. - Top - End - #1066

NinjaGuy

[Massimo Safehouse]

The person tilts their head to the side, then shakes it slightly, as though suddenly confused.

"I'm tracking a particularly dangerous...person. This," They gesture back up towards the hole without looking away from Tier, "Looks like some of his handiwork. I sensed two people here and decided I'd better check it out, since he's been known to maim people he finds particularly amusing, and I am capable of healing injuries. Is the other person here alright? If not, I can render medical aid right away."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Barbarian in the Playground

Plot Thingu
    (Closed scene)

And thus, Naku was here! She came from Civvy's realm, and is rather confused as to what she's supposed to be doing. She's been told by Civvy to find some people, and go storm a tower of an evil God.

Great.

At least she has Grant.
    "Do you know anyone who would want to help out, Grant?"

And now to steal the copy/paste of the previous description of Naku because I'm laaaazyyyyy:
    Naku is a vampire, first and foremost. Red eyes, pointy teeth, skin just about the color of snow, you know. Vampire things. But she also has dark purple hair reaching down to about her mid-back, she is just about -- if not an inch or so over -- 6 feet tall, looks to be definitely of asian decent, though a generation or two back.
    This time though, she's armed better. She has a katana on her hip, and an odd gun of some sort slung on her back.
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-06-12 at 07:44 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

18. - Top - End - #1068

Grant shrugs, looking around the seemingly empty forest.

Not really. Probably for the best to keep numbers low anyway. Less collateral damage. He says, anxiety evident on his face.

Hate leaving her there. Since her mom left I haven't been away for any extended period of time or she came with me.

19. - Top - End - #1069

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Grant shrugs, looking around the seemingly empty forest.

Not really. Probably for the best to keep numbers low anyway. Less collateral damage. He says, anxiety evident on his face.

Hate leaving her there. Since her mom left I haven't been away for any extended period of time or she came with me.
    "Yeah, like, two, maybe three more.

Are . . . are you okay?"
    Naku asks, head tilting, and concern in her voice.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

20. - Top - End - #1070

Grant looks up, actually looking somewhat drained for once.

My kid, Salvy. Wife left a long time ago. All I have left, really. I really, really don't like leaving her alone.

21. - Top - End - #1071

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Grant looks up, actually looking somewhat drained for once.

My kid, Salvy. Wife left a long time ago. All I have left, really. I really, really don't like leaving her alone.
    "Oooh. Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Is . . . she gonna be okay? She's back in the castle, yeah?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1072

Yeah... Just ugh. Everytime I leave something bad happens. Last time I did I came back and her mom was gone.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Pixie in the Playground

"They may be what we need to come out of hiding. If Orion is integrated he will be kept safe, at the very least," a man speaks to himself as he slowly walks through the forest.
    We need revenge for the fallen, the woman in his mind urges him.
    "The cloaked mage that's with Orion may be able to help us with that..." his voice lingers as his eyes gradually catch sight of the two strangers conversing in the distance, "I have to go."
    Why? the woman's voice echoes with worry within his mind.
    "I'm not alone," he replies as he makes a subtle approach, ensuring that his feet don't step on any twigs or branches but the sound of his six unique blades strapped to his belt, occasionally touching one another, would easily give away his position.
    He instantly pinpoints the woman as a vampire but is unsure about the male and approaches them with slight caution.
    "Greetings to the both of you. I am sorry to interrupt, but I was wondering if you could spare some water seeing as I'm nearly out?" he questions, revealing his canister that's nearly finished as his eyes look from the woman's to the man's, almost testing them to see if they were hostile or friendly.

His shirt is currently undone and is being held by his belt on his waist as it falls down to his brown trousers.
    On his shoulder is a navy blue sack of his sparse supplies and on his back is another blade which is abnormally larger than the rest and has been sheathed for everyone's protection.
    From looking at him you can clearly tell that he's human but there are slight abnormalities such as his arms that release the most subtle golden glow from time to time, his sense which can be heightened at will beyond that of any human's, and if he were to move his hair away from his face you might just notice the shifting of his pupils and his iris.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-06-12 at 06:53 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Interrogation Room]

The interrogator barely reacts to it thanks to the visor covering their face and simply wipes off the spit from the visor masking their face.

"You're not getting out of here unless you start talking." They repeat. "We're just wondering what you were doing out there, in our territory. Are you spies? Demihumans taking a joy-ride through our country? We need to determine if you're dangerous to the nation, if you're not, we will simply kick you out of here." The interrogator takes up a file and places it on the table. "However, if you keep silent, we have special prisons specifically designed to contain super-natural demihumans." The file seems to be filled with information regarding said prisons. "You must realize that you're a danger to everyone around you with the 'gift' you have, and therefore must, as required law, be contained until you've proven that you're harmless, or is willing to abide to the law of the land. It is a legal process that will take many years, and the only way out will be to cooperate, which in itself is a grueling process. Therefore, it will be simpler if you simple tell us who you are and what you're doing here so we can just kick you out. Do you understand?"
    Illeria looks at the man and says, "Whatever laws you have, I don't recognize. It will be easier on the both of us if you just let me and my companion leave unharmed. If either of us have been injured, I can promise you that your entire organization will absolutely live to regret your decisions. Even as we speak, there is a rescue coming. Are you prepared for that?"

25. - Top - End - #1075

[Interrogation Room]

The interrogator pauses, breathing heavily out of their gas-mask. "Who would want to rescue you and your partner, elf? I will remind you, if you are lying, you will only make this more difficult."

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

[Interrogation Room]

Illeria laughs at this, tears of mirth coming to her eyes as she can't help herself, replying, "Oh...Oh Light, you're serious, aren't you. You actually think that there aren't other organizations, other nations in this world. Who do you think made my clothes, my weapon, taught me my art? You have no idea what you've managed to bring down on your head."

Illeria shakes her head and closes her eyes, attempting to look mocking as she silently hopes that whatever group Anika was with would notice and investigate the disappearance of one of their members.

27. - Top - End - #1077

[Interrogation Room]

There is no obvious reaction from the masked interrogator at her laughter, but they are wearing that mask for some reason. "You know, if you simply named the organization you worked for, and we confirmed your claim, we could simply turn you over to them." They suggest.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-06-12 at 01:07 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Massimo Safehouse]

The person tilts their head to the side, then shakes it slightly, as though suddenly confused.

"I'm tracking a particularly dangerous...person. This," They gesture back up towards the hole without looking away from Tier, "Looks like some of his handiwork. I sensed two people here and decided I'd better check it out, since he's been known to maim people he finds particularly amusing, and I am capable of healing injuries. Is the other person here alright? If not, I can render medical aid right away."
    "We're alright." Says Tier "He seemed to just be looking for energy to consume. By the fact that he mentioned wanting to go to a volcano and that he tracked my ship by its engine, I'm assuming that he looks for thermal energy. Am I correct about this?"

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Tower of Owls]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "That wasn't even a very bad forest." the polar bear drawls.
    It sort of shrugs and pushes the mask up to the top of her head before heading inside.
    Tower of Owls

At the door are a pair of barred owls holding little javelins in their talons. They are much less threatening from Ark's height, though they try to be as intimidating as possible from their perches.
    "Welcome, Your Highness. You honor us with your...surprise visit. Who is your...large guest?"
    "Introduce yourself for the nice guards, Miss." Mist instructs Ark genially, really just wanting to learn how to pronounce the name exactly.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-06-12 at 07:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

[Interrogation Room]

Illeria shakes her head and says, "Why would I? They'll be here soon enough and you can meet with them then...That is, if you release me unharmed. Otherwise, well...I wonder just how much chunky salsa a human body can make."