New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1471

Thread: Outside 45

1. - Top - End - #1381
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 45

Undertower

Cherie, for her part, held her rapier and crystal at the ready. She had total faith that Naku was able to destroy this flower thing, but it never hurt to have extra insurance. Devero certainly seemed to agree.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ogre in the Playground

Undertower

Spoiler: Mee
    Show
    Wait, sto-

The flower is cut in ribbons. Just afterward, Nimnarath hiding in Devero's shadow erupts , screaming in agony. It starts to bleed a dark energy from its skin. After this bleeding occurance, all that is left is this thing:

Spoiler: This Thing
    Show

The creature coughs, then looks up and says with a hint of fear: Wait wait wait, don't kill me! I'll do anything! I'll go back to hell,
    I'll reform, I'm on my knees here, well if I had knees! You don't know what's on the other side for me, there's nothing! I will do anything to survive at this point, anything! Look at me, I'm not a threat now! I'm just some weird glob monster! Just let me go, you would never notice me again, promise! You knwo I'm good with my promises!
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-08-09 at 11:24 PM.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Undertower

Spoiler: Mee
    Show
    Wait, sto-

The flower is cut in ribbons. Just afterward, Nimnarath hiding in Devero's shadow erupts , screaming in agony. It starts to bleed a dark energy from its skin. After this bleeding occurance, all that is left is this thing:

Spoiler: This Thing
    Show

The creature coughs, then looks up and says with a hint of fear: Wait wait wait, don't kill me! I'll do anything! I'll go back to hell,
    I'll reform, I'm on my knees here, well if I had knees! You don't know what's on the other side for me, there's nothing! I will do anything to survive at this point, anything! Look at me, I'm not a threat now! I'm just some weird glob monster! Just let me go, you would never notice me again, promise! You knwo I'm good with my promises!
    Undertower

Naku takes a step towards the creature, ice rapidly spreading from each foot step.
    "No." Another step; more ice.
    "You upset my Goddess. You invaded our home. You refused to listen to her when she said that you were, in fact, not related. You refused to take 'no' as an answer for anything.
    You have also killed countless innocent people."
    Another step.
    "And for all that, no." Another step.
    "So Nimmy. It's been," wait an actual pair of actual sunglasses made out of darkened ice just appeared over her actual glasse- "ice knowing you."
    And then she swings one more time. The strike is made at a speed usually reserved for light itself. The attack is a quick, precise, simple horizontal slash across the throat, aiming to sever the thing from its head.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [New Inside]

"I can show you, but keep in mind, things are not like in Azeroth. Did you see those machines driving around in that city? Like dwarf siege engines, but way faster, and far more common. Those are everywhere in Inside, there are even some that can fly." Anika attempts to explain. "However... do you have any money on you? That is probably important."

[New Inside]

Illeria nod and says, "A bit. I take it gold pieces are gold pieces anywhere? But, mostly I was paid in housing and research space."

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Bugbear in the Playground

[New Inside]

"Yeah, gold is still golden, but you might wanna find a new way to get it if you're gonna live in a house. One of the benefits with being a druid, you can sleep outdoors easily." Anika muses. "But of course, that probably won't do for her ladyship." The druid teases.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Titan in the Playground

[New Inside]

Illeria chuckles, shakes her head and says, "Well, once you do it enough it's easy to say 'never again'. Never will I take a warm bed for granted." She sighs, frowns, and then continues, "So a job, huh? I don't suppose magical researchers are thought well of?"

7. - Top - End - #1387

[New Inside]

Anika scratches her head. "Uh, no clue. Magic is pretty different around here, but I know that there is at least one mage working in VIGIL that seems pretty scholarly, so that is a thing. Probably not the same magic as in Azeroth however, but maybe that's a good thing. Makes what you can do more unique? I just know that I'm the only druid I've seen so far." She pauses. "But... anyway, we should probably head to Inside now." And leave this city behind them as quickly as possible.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

[New Inside]

Illeria nods and says, "Lets. Lead the way."

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Steve attempts to jump in the way of his attack, if he jumps in time, he will take most of the damage (mainly the shocks) and attempts to also hit the demon with his sword. Since he is composed of bugs, there is a high chance the sword will do minimal to no damage.
    No one would want Steve's attempt to be in vain, right? The ranger dives behind the paladin for protection.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Titan in the Playground

Blood Moon
    [Near Castle Dengenburg]

Katja hums as she walks along the path to the castle. She's visited a few times over the last couple months, and is looking forwards to seeing her friends again.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ogre in the Playground

Tower Precipice

The creature is mostly unaffected by the sword strike (smite evil has worn off at this point since the original target was defeated). The charge though is blocked, and the demon backs away a couple feet.

Ah, you're one those paladins, selfless and whatnot. Neat. Hey, did you ever want an afro?

At the last comment the creature sends a pretty big electrical strike against the paladin.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

[Blood Moon - Near Castle Degenburg]

Katja will hear howls coming from the castle, which was not unusual. However, she might also hear screams from the villagers, which certainly was.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

[Blood Moon - Near Castle Degenburg]

Katja hums as she hears the howling, giving it no thought, but when she hears the scream, she frowns and breaks into a run towards the village. No doubt in her mind that it was someone acting up, but she figured it would be a chance to get into Sszinyon's good graces if she could put a stop to it. Her sabre rattles at her side, eager to be drawn and spill blood under the red moon.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ogre in the Playground

[Blood Moon - Degenburg Castle]

When Katja arrives at the castle, she'll find no guards at the gates. There's howling and snarling coming from the village, people crying for help. Howls, too, come from the castle proper, but there are few screams there.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

Katja makes a very angry noise at the back of her throat as she sprints towards the village. There will be a reckoning this evening if some of the guards were going after the villagers.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Troll in the Playground

Tower Precipice

The creature is mostly unaffected by the sword strike (smite evil has worn off at this point since the original target was defeated). The charge though is blocked, and the demon backs away a couple feet.

Ah, you're one those paladins, selfless and whatnot. Neat. Hey, did you ever want an afro?

At the last comment the creature sends a pretty big electrical strike against the paladin.
    The paladin flies back from the shock and starts convulsing for a while. He then tries to stand up and then puts his sword arm close and prays "Protector of Good, please protect me from the power of dark lighting." As he says that, the paladin glows with a yellow tint and is now able to resist shock more. (Resist Energy: Electricity)
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ogre in the Playground

What Katja fears is precisely what she finds, the wolves who usually guard Degenburg have turned on its population. Most have barricaded themselves inside, but a few were trapped out. They're trying to defend themselves with whatever they can get their hands on, pitchforks, hoes, shovels. A few men have rifles, but they're slow to reload, and they are not using silver.

A young woman runs towards Katja, hoping the woman with a real sword can defend her. A wolf is fast on her heels.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Tower Precipice

The ranger drops his last small shield generator. Not very much can get through that. He then throws his bow on his back and unsheathes his two steel short swords.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

Tower Precipice

"Dark Lightning"? I like to think of myself as a morally gray lightning. says the creature as it starts to move towards the paladin. While the paladin protected himself against storm, the creature is also composed of many bugs. They're attempting to swarm the paladin now.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Titan in the Playground

Katja's saber is also not silver (that would be rather rude, after all), but her hand and heart are both true. She steps between the wolf and the woman, as she draws her blade, then brings in down in a steely flash towards the wolf's flank, hoping the pain dissuades it from it's course of action.

21. - Top - End - #1401

NinjaGuy

[Practice Grounds]

Electra nods, and gives a small sigh of relief.

"I'm glad you're ok. I guess I don't really understand pyromancy, or well, a lot of magic. I've been trying to learn some basic stuff, but I don't think I have a head for it." She grins sheepishly at him.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Pixie in the Playground

[quaint valley]

It's a cloudy day, with an ever so slight drizzle falling down upon the picturesque, rural mountain landscape.
    Moving on foot along the half-overgrown, gravely path is a human woman, apparently in her mid-40s. She is short, and a little overweight. Covering her body are an oversized hoodie, a pair of cargo pants, and outdoor shoes. Her medium-length, black hair is tied up in a lazy bun, and she's carrying a fairly large backpack. The woman's facial features are clearly African, although her skin is not some shade of brown but literally black. Let's call her Auntie, for now.

Auntie is slightly bobbing her head to a jaunty tune, played by her computer implant and fed directly into the auditory part of her brain. She doesn't mind the light drizzle at all. If her navigational data is correct, there should be a settlement just around the next hill.
    Suddenly, sheep. A single one, appearing round the corner and running Auntie's way, bleating loudly out of panic or enjoyment of its freedom (it's hard to tell). While there's still splendid, fluffy wool on its left side, its right side is shorn bald. "Running away, eh?", Auntie chuckles and stretches out her leg. The sheep trips over it, falls flat on its face, and gets grabbed by the legs. With the animal (unprofessionally) hoisted on her shoulders, Auntie continues her way.
    Whoever inadvertently let the sheep loose probably won't be too far away. Perhaps they'll come in sight just around the next corner?
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

Slaver's Camp

The captured slaver removes his clothes obediently for Orion, almost tripping over a pant leg in the process. After that, for the safety of the mission, Meredith directs him to sit down and be quiet so as to not give away their position.

"Since there are no females here, I would only stick out." Without a binder for her more feminine parts, and with an unwillingness to leave her precious cloak in a bush, she will not attempt to use the mask to appear male. If only the skin was for a horse and not a seal! "We can change plans. If you'd like, you go ahead and get the prisoner. Drag him out here if you need to. I can run distraction on the slavers." Maybe she can convince them to turn on each other still.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Troll in the Playground

Tower Precipice

"Dark Lightning"? I like to think of myself as a morally gray lightning. says the creature as it starts to move towards the paladin. While the paladin protected himself against storm, the creature is also composed of many bugs. They're attempting to swarm the paladin now.
    Steve says, "That's just how paladins pray. We try to put thought into them, so we do that by making them sound kind of poetic. Besides, why do you care? I'm not praying to you." As he stands up and starts pacing backwards with his shield up very quickly.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Steve says, "That's just how paladins pray. We try to put thought into them, so we do that by making them sound kind of poetic. Besides, why do you care? I'm not praying to you." As he stands up and starts pacing backwards with his shield up very quickly.
    Since the ranger put away his bow, he throws his last special arrow into the swarm of bugs, and then throw his short sword at it to detonate it. The explosion should have more than enough power to kill most, if not all, of the bugs.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ionbound View Post

Katja's saber is also not silver (that would be rather rude, after all), but her hand and heart are both true. She steps between the wolf and the woman, as she draws her blade, then brings in down in a steely flash towards the wolf's flank, hoping the pain dissuades it from it's course of action.

The wolf is certainly dissuaded as a red gash appears on its side. It abandons its chase of the woman and turns to circle Katja, looking for an opening.

Meanwhile, across the village square, a man wielding a shovel is bitten by an attacking wolf. Almost immediately he begins to transform, becoming another wolf. It struggles to free itself from its clothes, as the people he was guarding back away in fear.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Pixie in the Playground

Undertower

Devero darts away from Nimnarath while turning to face his opponent. When Naku strikes his attention shifts back to where they came from, eager to return to the tower.
    "If Nimnarath is here, what happened to Steve and Luvon?" he wonders, "we should get back and regroup."

Slaver's Camp

"That sounds like a reasonable plan, but it'll be hard to identify the murderer if he blends himself amongst the slaves...I'll see what I can do," Orion concludes before refocusing his attention on the task at hand.

He starts by focusing on the slaver so his mask would rearrange itself to mimic him, "does my face look like his?" Orion would then question whilst looking to Meredith.

If he did then he would proceed by concentrating further. It would take several minutes to achieve, but Orion's body would eventually disperse from plain sight, and with that done he'd begin removing his clothes that would become visible the moment they left his body while the slaver's clothes would disappear once placed on his skin. The fit is a little tight, but it'll have to do.

"Keep an eye out," Orion's voice would whisper to Meredith before he would make his way into the camp with his precious blade by his side.
    At least if I have this on me, I'll have a fighting chance...

Orion's main focus would be keeping out of the slaver's way while they were on patrol, and monitoring the movement of his feet so he wouldn't accidentally step on any branches or rocks that might disrupt his balance, and more importantly his concentration over his emotions.

If he's successful in finding where the slaves have been held captive he would remove his invisibility, and eye each of the slaves to try, and find the right culprit.
    Hopefully he wouldn't make any drastic mistakes.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-08-13 at 07:31 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Titan in the Playground

[Practice Grounds]

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    Electra nods, and gives a small sigh of relief.

"I'm glad you're ok. I guess I don't really understand pyromancy, or well, a lot of magic. I've been trying to learn some basic stuff, but I don't think I have a head for it." She grins sheepishly at him.
    "Pyromancy isn't very complicated," Fayyaad says, grinning. "I'd love to teach you something, but unfortunately, it's an inborn talent. One that tieflings exhibit more often than humans. On my homeworld, anyway. I'm sure there are magicians who control fire in other ways here. It's a more raw talent than what sorcerers do. Less study and dissection, and more... physical and emotional expression."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

Tower Precipice

Ow! That really hurt! cries the previously Storm Swarm Demon, now just storm demon. He turns his attention from the paladin and towards the ranger. He lets loose another lightning bolt at him.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-08-13 at 09:38 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post

The wolf is certainly dissuaded as a red gash appears on its side. It abandons its chase of the woman and turns to circle Katja, looking for an opening.

Meanwhile, across the village square, a man wielding a shovel is bitten by an attacking wolf. Almost immediately he begins to transform, becoming another wolf. It struggles to free itself from its clothes, as the people he was guarding back away in fear.

Katja is so focused on the wolf before her, she doesn't notice the poor fellow being turned. Instead she remains on the defensive and keeps her guard up, circling with the wolf as she keeps ready to parry snapping jaws or raking claws at a moment's notice.