New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Final Fantasy Record Keeper VIII: Whale-ever

Welcome to the EIGHTH thread of Final Fantasy Record Keeper!

For those of you just joining us, Final Fantasy Record Keeper is a free-to-play freemium game for mobile devices. Like many similar games, the main goal is to collect and power up 16-bit versions of characters from Final Fantasy games 1 through XIV, and beyond. You then train up your characters, get equipment for them, acquire abilities, and battle through dungeons that retell the plot of various Final Fantasy games.

If you're only just starting out, it's a game that requires patience but rewards it. Realm Dungeons provide a fixed stream of characters, resources, and challenges, and roughly once per week are supplemented by unique Event Dungeons that highlight a particular game in the franchise. If you've caught up on that, Daily Dungeons provide a rotating smorgasboard of farming opportunities, and the deadly Nightmare Dungeons and Mote Dungeons open periodically for the boldest challengers. While it'll take some time to catch up to long-time players, the rewards from past events recur frequently, and in some ways you're even coming out ahead thanks to the better gear opportunities available nowadays!

Equipment is based off of a lottery powered by the game's free currency (Mythril) or real money (Gems), though these days it's a fairly generous one. The game is completely playable without paying a cent, with a steady stream of opportunities for free-to-play players and gambling addicts alike. And crucially, no characters are trapped behind a paywall. It's a game that's simple enough to pick up and enjoy, but with tons of ongoing content and challenges to keep you playing and Final Fantasy nostalgia packed into every bit.

Happy hunting!

Spoiler: Friend Codes
    Show
    danzibr: b5bU
    Greg_S: fr4D
    Maryring: SfTe
    Merlin the Tuna: HdxF
    Morbis Meh: Qxp6
    Oxybe: Hw6d
    Red Fel: ofdd
    Slayn82: uEoY
    SlyGuyMcFly: Sgv2
    spectralphoenix:HwW2
    Starwulf: GUtu
    SuperPanda: 3Lkv
    Hunter Noventa: Bwbo

FFRK Subreddit
    The Great PDF of Overwhelming Knowledge
    Upcoming Events
    Oxybe's Spreadsheet of Planning
    Skyfire's Record Dive Database
    Enlir's Database

Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2017-01-06 at 08:40 AM.
    Blarg...

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper VIII: Whale-ever

Thanks for starting! For some reason I was thinking Oskar suggested the title, and the honor would go to him.

Oh, and could we get links to all the previous threads? And get the ellipse in the title?
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Thanks for starting! For some reason I was thinking Oskar suggested the title, and the honor would go to him.

Oh, and could we get links to all the previous threads? And get the ellipse in the title?
    He did suggest it so my bad if that is the convention, I will add in the previous threads tonight.
    Blarg...

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Morbis Meh View Post
    He did suggest it so my bad if that is the convention, I will add in the previous threads tonight.
    Not a crisis. You may have angered the resident Thunder God though :P

And looking back... seriously folks, did we only have 3 votes???
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

5. - Top - End - #5

Not a crisis. You may have angered the resident Thunder God though :P

And looking back... seriously folks, did we only have 3 votes???
    I will hack the game and transfer Terra's OSB sword to him to appease him for this most grievious transgression...
    Blarg...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

I will hack the game and transfer Terra's OSB sword to him to appease him for this most grievious transgression...
    That would be enough to be forgiven for writing a slash fic shipping the green haired esperkin and he-whose-sword-shall-not-be-used. I think its more than enough for a minor breach in protocol.

Still. New thread! so here's too the new thread tradition of giant status posts:

Spoiler: Giant new thread status post
    Show

Ah, the new thread tradition.

Spoiler: Hall of Records
    Show
    Souls: 40 (converting them to eggs but keeping 5 in reserve)
    MC1 Lodes: 15 (converting them to eggs but keeping 5 in reserve)
    MC2 Lodes: 30 (converting them to eggs but keeping 5 in reserve)
    MC3 Lodes: 5 (Still unsure who to spend them on).

Spoiler: Levels
    Show
    99: Tyro, Luneth, Reifa, OK, P.Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Cloud, Garnet, Y'sholta, Ramza
    80: 22
    70-79: 31
    65-69: 65
    50-65: 12 (only 2 non-core)
    Under 50: All cores so no one cares.

Spoiler: Eggs
    Show
    1*: 0
    2*: 1151
    3*: 992
    4*: 824
    5*: 120

Egg spending plans: 1)All Realm teams to 80 (when their events come up). 2) Useful "bench warmers" to 80 (when their events come up). 3) New 99s when I decide who. 4)Favored characters not falling into 1 or 2 to 80.

Spoiler: Teams
    Show
    I: WoL, wol, Echo, Sarah, Garland (SSB 4x ST Dark + drain)
    II: Firion, Maria, Leon, Gordon, Minwu
    III: Reifa (Burst), Luneth (SSB, ST wind +Def), Onion, Arc, Desch (SB self harm, +Atk +Def)
    IV: P.Cecil (Burst), Rosa, Rydia (oldSB AoE Ice), Edge (SB AoE Water+Stun), Edward (Honestly I usually bring Kain (SB ST phys drain) for everything but CMs)
    V: Bartz (Burst), Faris (Burst,SSB Imperil Wind) Lenna (SB Arise, SB Medica +Regen), Krile, Gilgamesh
    VI: Edgar (oldSB AoE Bio), Locke (Burst), Terra (SSB AoE Fire +enfire), Mog (SB regen +Attack), Setzer (SB AoE Fire +%blind)
    VII: Tifa (Burst), Zack (SB ST phys damage), Arieth (SB, +Atck, SSB Medica+Reraise), Yuffie (SB Ct0 %medica), Red XII (SB Hastega+Protectga)
    VIII: Squall (SSB ST Phys), Edea (SB Hastega+Faith, SSB Ice), Laguna (SSB Imperil Ice), Selphie (SSB Medica +Mblink), Irvine (oldSB Random Target)
    IX: Zidane (SSB AoE Steal Power), Garnet (SSB +Res, Haste, Regen; Burst), Eiko (SB AoE Wind Res break, SSB Medica+Reraist, Burst), Beatrix (SB: ST phys +Def), Quina
    X: Tidus, Yuna (SSB Medica + HP Stock, SB Medica + Regen), Lulu (SB Focus), Wakka (oldSB wall break), Rikku
    XI: oh ho ho ho ho, a team you thought you'd see/ yet the only one is little old me.
    XII: Fran (SB Reverse Wall), Penello (SSB ST Holy + Medica), Basch (SB AoE Dark + Taunt, SB +Atk+Def), Ashe (old SB AoE + %Medica), Balthier (oldSB AoE Water, SB Random hit self phys blink)
    XIII: Lightning (SB ST +instant cast2, SSB AoE Lightning), Fang (SB ST phys), Sazh (SSB +Regen+Protectga+Faith), Hope, Vanille (Medica+Protectga)
    XIV: Y'sholta (Wall, SSB Protectga shellga regen, Burst), Minfila (SSB +Attack + Last Stand), Papalymo (SSB Hastega+Faith+Shortcast), Thancred (SB AoE +slow), Alphinaud (SSB Radian Shield+Atack+Magic, Burst)
    T: Ramza (SB Protectga+%Medica), Delita (SB ST + Armor Breakdown), Agrias, Mustadio, Ophelia (Want to switch Delita for Orlandu, likelt to switch Mustadio instead depending on pulls)
    XV: ...

A-Teams
    Holy: Cecil, Penello, Garnet, Y'sholta, Faris/Tyro
    Fire: Locke, Terra, Reifa, Y'sholta/Eiko, Ramza/Tyro
    Wind: Alphinaud, Bartz, Luneth, Y'sholta/Eiko, Tyro/Faris
    Earth: Tifa, Bartz, Eiko/Y'sholta, Alphinaud, Tyro/Ramza
    Magic: Alphinaud, Papalymo, Lulu, Y'sholta, Penelo/Tyro

Dark Matter stores:
    1*: 1 (will never be used)
    2*: 1 (will never be used)
    3*: 3 (unlikely to ever be used)

(After orbfest coverted up to 4* and 5*, only reporting 4, 5, and 6*)
    Spoiler: Orbs
    Show

Power:
    Greater: 94
    Major: 187
    Crystal: 46

White:
    White orbs (not converted yet): 1508
    Greater: 347
    Major: 112
    Crystal: 19

Black:
    Greater: 366
    Major: 30
    Crystal: 11

Summon:
    Greater: 133
    Major: 67
    Crystal: 13

Non-Elemental:
    Greater: 314
    Major: 63
    Crystal: 23

Fire:
    Greater: 120
    Major: 107
    Crystal: 17

Ice:
    Greater: 156
    Major: 73
    Crystal: 12

Lightning:
    Greater: 229
    Major: 106
    Crystal: 19

Earth:
    Greater: 354
    Major: 76
    Crystal: 15

Wind:
    Greater: 251
    Major: 116
    Crystal: 17

Holy:
    Greater: 323
    Major: 64
    Crystal: 10

Dark:
    Greater: 197
    Major: 118
    Crystal: 16

Spoiler: Motes
    Show
    Motes 3*:
    Spirit: 226
    Dexterity: 499
    Vitality: 236
    Wisdom: 94
    Bravery: 234

Motes4*:
    Spirit: 117
    Dexterity: 122
    Vitality: 192
    Wisdom: 115
    Bravery: 188

Motes 5*:
    Spellblade: 40
    Dragoon: 20
    Monk: 50
    Thief: 25
    Knight: 5
    Samurai: 40
    Ninja: 35
    Machinist: 10
    Onion: 16

Spoiler: Spheres
    Show
    I: Garland (Warrior 3*)
    II: None
    III: Luneth (Dragoon5* Lvl 1) Reifa (all 3*, Monk5* lv 2), Onion (Knight 3*, Viking 4*)
    IV: P.Cecil (all 3*, Knight 5* lv 2), Rydia (Black Mage 3*), Edge (Thief 3*, Ninja5* lv 1)
    V: Bartz (all 3*), Faris (Ranger and Dancer 3*), Gilgamesh (Knight 5* Lv1),
    VI: Terra (All 3*), Locke (all 3*, Thief5* lv 2),
    VII: Tifa (all 3*, Monk5* Lv 2)
    VIII: Squall (Spellblade5* Lv 2), Rinoa (Black Mage 3*), Seifer (Knight5* Lv 2)
    IX: Garnet (all 3*)
    X: Lulu (Black Mage 3*)
    XII: Balthier (Ranger 3*, Machinist5* lv 2), Basch (all 3*, Knight5* Lv 2),
    XIII: Lightning (all 3*), Snow (Knight5* Lvl 2)
    XIV: Y'sholta (all 3*), Alphianuad (Black mage 3*, Red Mage 3*, Magus 4*)
    T: Ramza (Warrior 3*), Mustadio (Machinist5* Lv 2)

All Dungeons Clear. All Nightmares Cleared (Curada not mastered). Torment 200 Cleared and Mastered, 250 not attempted.

Spoiler: Missing RMs
    Show

Core: Fist of the Monk, Martial Enlightenment
    Core: Helm Expertise, Dark Blade
    Core: Hammer Master, Ferocious Charge
    Core: War Balad
    Core: Unyiedling Will
    I: The Promised One
    I: True Madness
    I: First Princess
    II: Weapons Master
    II: Defiant Archer
    II: Darkborn Knight
    II: Royal Charge
    II: Trick Attack
    II: Ward of the Snow Plains
    IV: Heights of Honor
    IV: Rose of Baron
    IV: Tough Love
    IV: Wizard's Beard
    V: Heart of Grace
    V: Fist of Dawn
    V: Tempered Blade
    V: Unbroken Promise
    VI: Love's Wake
    VI: Fists of Justice
    VI: Mystic Bloodlines
    VII: Planet's Salvation
    VII: Moogle Ward
    VII: Uneering Shot
    VII: Worthy Hero
    VII: Air Raid
    VII: Ace Turk
    VII: Prides Sigil
    VIII: Orphaned Cub
    VIII: Sorceress's Vow
    VIII: Instructor's Discipline
    VIII: No Chicken Wuss
    IX: Tantalus Code
    IX: Warrior Extrodinare
    IX: Arms of the Qu
    IX: Veteran General
    X: Dreamguide
    X: Savior of Spira
    X: Proud Tradition
    X: Untarnished Spirit
    X: Summoner's Resolve
    XI: Witch's Cackle
    XII: Wing's Unfurled
    XII: A Sky Pirate's Life
    XII: True Path
    XII: Object of Hatred
    XII: Road to Peace
    XIII: Bolt from Above
    XIII: Eternal Optimist
    XIII: Words of Truth
    XIII: Beyond Oaths
    XIII: Might of the l'Cie
    XIV: Oathsworn
    XIV: Divine Fists
    XIV: Louisoix Heir
    XIV: Protector of Erozea
    T: Holy Knight's Muse
    T: Sword Attested

Current Mythril cache 297 (Budgeted for DU luckys, Aniversary Luckys, FFT, Aniversary pulls (maybe), XI then FFT again).
    Gil 41698560 (Likely to go down soon time to reforge again soon.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I really need to get on to clearing out the elite story dungeons. Just added it up and I have 198 mithril in story dungeons left to clear...
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    I really need to get on to clearing out the elite story dungeons. Just added it up and I have 198 mithril in story dungeons left to clear...
    My my, quite the secret stash for a rainy banner... Are you a tactics fan or do you plan on saving for the anniversary banners? Maybe chasing the illusive Raine's BSB?
    Blarg...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

My my, quite the secret stash for a rainy banner... Are you a tactics fan or do you plan on saving for the anniversary banners? Maybe chasing the illusive Raine's BSB?
    Honestly, outside the Summoners and LD banners, I don't really have my eye on anything in particular. Probably just save up for the anniversary.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Hello new thread! Feel free to add my friend code to the first post, it's Bwbo, and I just put Aerial Blast as my RW.

And you know what this game could use? A record materia that increases the proc chance of abilities. Because seriously screw battles where you have to rely on Sleep Buster or Phantasm for medals.

EDIT: Ihad to share this, it's just too funny. I'm working through the Elite Dungeons,and I come up to Elite Fork Tower White. You know, with the Minotaur who blocks all magic? Well I brought Y'shtola along to heal up until then...and had her use Asylum just before we finished the round before the Minotaur. At which point I unleashed a torrent of physical Soul Breaks and took him out without taking any damage at all.

Asylum is STRONG.
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2017-01-06 at 08:22 AM.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper VIII: Whale-ever...

Oh boy, new thread smell!

So, last night I decided to MP the new MPs, instead of soloing them as usual. Because Apocalypse. And apparently other players come in two flavors, and only two - utterly brilliant and cataclysmically stupid.

Let me explain. Before I did Apocalypse difficulty, I did the lighter one. I brought Celes with her BSB, and Papalymo with Swiftcast Fira. And my first party included Y'shtola with wall, Gil with his BSB, and other very helpful people. It also included Minfilia, and while she didn't have Power Breakdown - in fact, nobody did - she did have her BSB. So I figured, "Hey, that's fine, she'll use her BSB and trigger her Breakdown ability."

No, she did not. The fight went beautifully, but we missed out on three freaking medals for what should have been a trivial reason.

The next three parties for that boss failed because either nobody brought wall, or nobody brought Tauntaliate. We finally cleared him, and I moved on to Apocalypse.

It was even worse.

I was actually at one point in a party with two Y'shtolas, neither of whom used wall.

Don't get me wrong. Asylum is cute. The heals are solid. But clearly, you all value it more than I do, because it did not help. This jerk punched right through that bubble.

Finally, I got a good team together - someone who actually used wall, someone who actually used Breakdowns, and - of all things - General Leo with Tauntaliate and Shock. Things finally worked out. It took me five or six parties to get the one group together who actually looked at one another's abilities while planning.

My rage has at least somewhat subsided.

Moving on, as was covered at the end of the last thread, the XIII event was pushed back a day. So we have time to cover it!

The new event is called Flash of Defiance. No new characters, but it features Lightning, Cid Raines, Fang, Snow, Serah, and Noel, MCs for all six, and MC2s for Lightning, Snow, and Cid Raines. Plus, despite the fact that Hope isn't featured, we can get a wardrobe for him. It also features Morbid Countdown, the new DRK 5 ability that deals two-hit Dark MAG damage, increasing substantially (to near-Bahamut levels) if you have Doom - but dropping your Doom counter by 3 seconds in the process. Oh, and Thundering Twinstrike, a SPB 5 ability that's basically Chain Thundaga for Spellblades.

Banner time! The first banner features:
    • Gladius: Lightning's OSB sword. Single-target 11.25x Lightning/Non PHY damage, +0.75x each additional use, max 13.5x. +Lightning with realm synergy.
    • AMP Coat: Snow's BSB light armor. 8-hit single-target 0.84x Ice/Non PHY damage, +0.12x damage per hit with all allies alive, Last Stand. (1) 4-hit single-target 0.54x Ice/Non PHY damage, gains an additive (not multiplicative) ATK bonus based on user's proportionate HP remaining. (2) 3-hit single-target 0.8x Ice/Non PHY damage, +30% ATK/DEF (this is ID #6007, so it stacks with Hand of the Emperor, as Ingus'). +Ice.
    • Mistilteinn: Vanille's BSB rod. Curaga medica, +30% MND self, instant-cast. (1) 2-hit single-target 5.3x Holy WHT damage, -30% RES target. (2) Command medica.
    • Etro's Embrace: Lightning's SSB light armor. 8-hit AoE 0.62x Lightning/Non PHY damage, En-Lightning. +Lightning.
    • Howling Soul: Noel's SSB sword. 6-hit single-target 1.23x PHY damage, Auto-Stun, Noncharge 2, instant-cast.
    • Fang's Armguards: Fang's SSB bracer. 8-hit single-target 0.81x Wind/Non PHY damage, En-Wind. +Wind.
    • Punisher: Fang's SSB spear. 6-hit single-target 1.28x Fire/Wind jump PHY damage, -50% ATK/MAG target.
    • Vega 42s: Sazh's SB gun. Shellga + Hastega.

The second banner features:
    • Eagletalon: Hope's OSB thrown. Single-target 40x Holy/Non BLK damage. +Holy with realm synergy.
    • Ninurta: Hope's BSB thrown. 4-hit AoE 2.98x Holy BLK damage, En-Holy. (1) 4-hit single-target 2.17x Holy/Non BLK damage. (2) 4-hit single-target 2.62x Earth/Non BLK damage.
    • Metamorphose Claw: Cid Raines' BSB fist. 6-hit single-target 2.57x Dark/Holy BLK damage, +0.74x damage per hit if user is Doomed, party +30% MAG/DEF. (1) 4-hit single-target 2.2x Dark/Holy BLK damage, magic Noncharge 1. (2) 2-hit AoE 3.9x Dark/Holy BLK damage, +MAG/-RES bargain. +Dark.
    • Meteorblaze: Serah's SSB bow. Party +30% MAG/MND, Hastega.
    • Battle Standard: Snow's SSB fist. 4-hit single-target 1.9x PHY damage, Retaliate, party Crit=25%.
    • Canopus AMP: Sazh's SSB gun: Party mBlink, +50% Boostga.
    • Cid's Finery: Cid Raines' SSB light armor. 6-hit random-target 2.92x BLK damage, +30% MAG/RES self, Short Charge 4, Doom 45 self.
    • Flamberge: Lightning's SB sword. 3-hit single-target 1.68x PHY damage, Noncharge 2.

Common to both banners is Serah's Glove, Serah's SB bracer with 2-hit single-target 5.9x magic NAT damage and Short Charge 4. (Note that because it's NAT, it doesn't benefit from RM boosts to BLK.)

So, should you pull? Well, chances are you're either mythril-broke or mythril-hoarding right now. But let's discuss.

OSBs: Lightning's is not great. It deals less damage than your standard OSB, but increases each time you use the OSB. Unless you manage to charge a full SB gauge, that's not a lot; and even at full iteration, you're looking at comparable damage. It's an OSB, so it's good, but compared to others, it's not great. Eagletalon, by contrast, is your standard mage OSB - big chunk of element damage. Admittedly, if you have it and his BSB, the En-Holy effect can help.

BSBs: Snow's first command gives you an additive ATK bonus based on your proportionate HP remaining - the less you have, the bigger the bonus. Contrast this with Valiant Strike, which is a multiplier. At full health, you're getting no bonus damage. So, kind of a mixed bag. The ATK/DEF boost that stacks with others is nice, though. Vanille's BSB, we've covered; it has an offensive element and your standard command medica. Good, but not as amazing as some of the more recent healer BSBs. Hope's BSB, again, is basically only good on Holy-susceptible bosses, where it's amazing; it barely counts as an Earth attack (although it functions in a pinch) and is pretty weak apart from that.

And then you have Cid Raines'. First off, it's a mage fist, which is fine for NINs. But it has a lot more to offer. First, the burst gives the party a +MAG/+DEF buff - and yes, that stacks with a lot, which is perfect for your mage meta. Second, there's a magic noncharge command, which is fantastic. And third, there's a MAG/RES bargain, for even more stacking +MAG. Not only that, but if you're doomed, the damage of the Burst itself is incredibly sturdy. A lot of people are interested in this for their mage meta.

And the rest. None of it's bad, but it's not amazing. It's worth noting that between Cid Raines' BSB and Serah's SSB, you're getting +MAG/+DEF and +MAG/+MND; that's pretty hefty for your casters.

Personally, I probably won't pull on the first banner. I might pull on the second.

Happy hunting.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

So for no particular reason, I made a last single pull on both XIV banners, nada on the second but the first gives me Y'shtola's Aetherial Pulse, which while not great compared to wall, is a nice healer stat stick. These XIV banners have been just downright generous to me.

As far as the XIII banners, I have a small urge to pull just for synergy reasons as I have.... zero XIII synergy. Only thing that interests me is Cid's BSB and between already pulling 2 mage bsbs, and my ire for chasing single relics....

Question though: Is there any even semi decent ways to level a char up outside sundailies?

Steam Profile

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Question though: Is there any even semi decent ways to level a char up outside sundailies?

That's about it, really.

At low levels, you can push them through their own realms - synergy gives an exp boost, after all - but that dries up pretty quickly.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

14. - Top - End - #14

I'll be passing on the xiii banners apart from a sacrificial 100 gem per banner. I should be in a luck debt about now and working to get neutral again before T comes round.

I'm solid enough on xiii considering my lack of emotional connection to the cast. Lightning SSB and powercharger SB, vanille's cura Protectga Medica, a multi hit non elemental SB for fang, great stat sticks (one is VIII) for hope and Sirius for Sazh.

I know Raines burst is suppose to be all kinds of awesome so I'll do what I can to send luck back to playgrounders looking for rainbows and discos here. We've learned that dr. Mog is a carnivore of that helps.

As for leveling people outside sundaily and eggs... I guess if you can far,
    Farm U+ content that could work, I'm not sure I'd recommend it though. XP is slooooow outside of orbfest/sundaily (and even then feels sloooow with higher levels).

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

I don't even like XIII and I can field a full XIII party with upgraded SBs of some sort, so I don't feel any need to pull. Which is good. Because MYTHRIL FOR THE THUNDER GOD! EGGS FOR THE EGG THRONE! and all that...
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

16. - Top - End - #16

I'm in the same boat as others.

Pretty mythril starved, and no desire to pull on XIII. I considered pursuing Raines' BSB for a while, then realized I'll probably just RW it. Also, I realized I'll probably be doing a lot more mage parties.

Arc for healz, Tyro for Support + Wall, OK for blasting + BSB, Papalymo for blasting + SSB, Hope or Terra for blasting + BSB. And 2 of them can use the RW, ahh yeah, absurd damage against anything weak to Holy or Dark, and even then, respectable damage against anything else (unless resist+ to both).
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPanda View Post
    I'm solid enough on xiii considering my lack of emotional connection to the cast.
    Very much in this base. I make it a point to read the pre- and post-dungeon text blurbs for games I haven't played, and the total gibberish in all of the FF13 ones is just charming in an I'm-glad-I-didn't-play-these kind of way. (The FF14 ones hit a similar feeling at the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm pretty sure one involved slaying a dragon and being rewarded for it with a hunk of cheese. Presumably the cheese was magical, at least.) But lucky draws have filled that realm up just fine for me: two Vanille SBs, Fang's reverse wall SSB, Snow's first SSB, Noel's BSB, and even Lightning's original, terrible en-lit SB.

Still, there are some dang fine items on those banners. All four BSBs are solid, and while Cid's towers over the competition, Vanille's really is not far behind. The SSBs are almost uniformly great, too. When the OSB is the booby prize, you've either got a great banner or a terrible one, and these ain't terrible.
    Merlin the Tuna

18. - Top - End - #18

RedWizardGuy

I'm gonna do a 11 pull on the second XIII banner, want those delicious mage relics. But, with my luck, I'm going to end with another copy of Snow's gloves.

FF XIV U+ is quite a beast. I cleared it, and spent over a couple hours trying to master that fight, without luck. Whenever I'm having a good run, almost beating him, he manages to paralise 2 or 3 heroes, including the Healer, and things go downhill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    I'm gonna do a 11 pull on the second XIII banner, want those delicious mage relics. But, with my luck, I'm going to end with another copy of Snow's gloves.

FF XIV U+ is quite a beast. I cleared it, and spent over a couple hours trying to master that fight, without luck. Whenever I'm having a good run, almost beating him, he manages to paralise 2 or 3 heroes, including the Healer, and things go downhill.
    Yeah, 'dat U+ was hard. He paralyzed a few at the end, but I skeeked out a victory.

Does high Mnd reduce Paralysis duration?
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #20

Does high Mnd reduce Paralysis duration?
    Yep, pretty much every status effect works on a 50 MND = 1 sec modifier. Paralysis starts at 15 seconds assuming equal MND between the attacker and target though, so you need to stack it pretty ridiculously to get major benefit out of it.

Plowed through the FFV U++, FF14 U++, and raid battles this morning, so I'm all caught up. I think I might actually agree that the FF14 U+ is the most trouble of the bunch, specifically because of that paralyze. And the inability to carry an all ranged/all mage Cid Mission team, to boot!
    Merlin the Tuna

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

That U+ is annoying me. Well, I should say RNG is annoying me since it keeps doing something like locking down the entire team, or the 2 main offensive chars and my healer. I should have him beat but he keeps annoying me and I give up only to try again and be RNG'd into submission.

Currently i'm sitting pretty on a bunch of mythril. I'm debating between FFXIII for Raines (I already have his Imp.Holy SB but his claw or coat would net me a full mage party with 3x stacking Faithgas: Papalymo, Alphinaud & Raines). My other FFXIII relics are 2 Fang spears & Lightning SSB1. Well, that and SpoopyPumpkin and SpoopyHat.

Alternatively, I could toss it in the curated full-price summoner banner, which has a high BSB+OSB:SSB ratio with 18:22. But it's a bit hit & miss on which relics I would find useful or don't already have duplicates of.

Either way I'll have enough for my 2 FFT pulls left over, saving the rest for anniversary.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

So um... 100 gem on Banner 1 of the XIII event.... rainbow! Vanille's BSB. I have too many healing things and not enough slots for them

Edit: How's this for a mage party comp:

Edward - Wrath/Proshellga(bard type) - Song of Swiftness
    Y'shtola - Heal/Wrath/Break Dance - SSII
    Vanille - Heal/Diaga/Proshellga - BSB
    Papa - Magic/Magic - BSB
    Alph - Magic/Summon - BSB
    RW: OK BSB

A lot of damage, with Papa/Alph BSB, 2 Faithgas with hastega, Wall, lot of healing, Vanille's BSB gives a MND buff to her, and -30% Res to whoever she uses her command1 on.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2017-01-06 at 10:17 PM.

Steam Profile

23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

I asked my oldest to do my 100-gem pull tonight, and he was lucky indeed. I also now have Vanille's BSB. Chain Diara, go!

I also can run a mage team like Antonok's. Mine:

Edea: MM/DZ, Hastega SB
    Alphinaud: Curaja/Shellga, Deployment Tactics
    Vanille: Protectga/Curaja(?), BSB- backup healer, but really there for the nuking
    Hope/Quistis: nukes and a burst
    Ramza/Setzer/Gordon: Ramza if I want to fling Tailwinds around, Setzer and Gordon for their Atk/Mag breakdowns.

RW: Possibly Raines for Edea, maybe Serah's upcoming SSB with mag/mind/hastega.

I have a CM team for XIII that's a strong mage meta team too. Vanille and Hope have bursts, Serah has her synergy bow and gloves, and Raines is my mori/zone caster. Add in Sazh with good old reliable boon, so I can pick an RW without hastega needs, and I'm in good shape, despite never drawing on a banner for a game I don't like.

Meanwhile, IV is my favorite in the series, I have done multiple 11-pulls for its banners on fests and events, and I have 0 SSBs or higher for it. There's no justice in gacha.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Currently mage team is basically:

Pick one of caster waifus
    Ashe : Dusk's Decree
    Kuja : MoriDarkness
    Rydia: Odin
    Krile : Unspoken Bond
    Add two sources of stacking buffs
    Alphinaud: Deployment Tactics
    Papalymo: Ley Lines
    A sprinkle of support
    Tyro: support/dance + Sentinel Grimoire
    Something, something pick a medica?
    Arc : VS physical
    Rosa : VS magic
    Aerith : BSB = longevity
    And a little something borrowed
    RW : ExDeath, Power of the Void

Well potentially, RS allowing, this turns Tiamat into a Threeamat.

I'm here all night folks! Don't forget to tip the Bard, don't drink & drive yer chocobo, just give a shout and ride ze shoopuf.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by oxybe View Post
    Pick one of caster waifus
    Kuja
    Something's not quite right...

Steam Profile

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Storytime!
    Show
    --Royal Academy, Armory--

Dr. Mog: New year, new inventory of equipment, kupo.
    Tyro: Yeah! The last year was bountiful with new and powerful relics! It has even allowed for new teams to form out!
    ????: Indeed, monsieur Tyro.
    Tyro: Master Alphinaud!
    Alphinaud: At last, I can do mine appearance! Mine operations estratégiques have led to great victories!
    Tyro: Too bad about that Torment dungeon. Man, Bartz' team was trounced!
    Dr. Mog: It is made of the resentment of those you have defeated, kupo. They are itching for payback.
    Tyro: And the Vault was also a magnificent achievement, master Cid!
    Cid: Eh, it was nothing. It's full of worthless stuff, anyways. Expedition Commander and his hoarding ways... Still - Inventory!
    Tyro: Yes! First, with Weapons! We have a wider selection of items now.
    Cid: Yeah. Just accessible, we got 12 Daggers, 23 Swords, 2 Katanas, 4 Axes, 1 Hammer, 5 Spears, 7 Fists, 15 Rods, 13 Staves, 3 Bows, 2 Instruments, 2 Whips, 5 Throwing weapons, 3 Books, 3 Guns...2 Blitzballs, a Hairpin and a Doll.
    Tyro: That's 103 different kinds of weapons, by my count!
    Cid: Of those, 67 are of exceptional quality - I would give them a 5-star rating! The rest are modified, aside from two or three which remain at their original strength; mostly for our Core explorers. Also, there are two duplicates - Desch's magical sword, and sir Ramza's Platinum Sword. The Expedition Commander has asked me to keep them separate for the moment, and Desch's magical blades fully enchanted.
    Tyro: My books have also been highly enchanted! My Keeper's Tome and Sentinel's Grimoire are truly potent!
    Cid: A particular mention should go to the Sage's Staff, from the realm where lord Cecil comes from. This has been enchanted with Dark Matter, making it a powerful staff indeed...on its own realm, that is. With its boost to Holy-elemental magic, it is a powerhouse for White Mages. Speaking of which - there has been a steady increase in items that boost elemental properties. By my count, I claim 14 such items, with an inclination towards Holy damage.
    Tyro: Cool! Also, you forgot that shiny Golden Sword, from Cloud's realm.
    Cid: Confound it, child - that's not important! The power of the Sage Staff, however, could possibly mean the difference between life and death, child! The added power of these weapons makes it so that the abilities sharing the same element become more powerful, thus ending battles faster!
    Alphinaud: Allow me to explain, master Cid. While hitting with brute force often solves many problems, sometimes a more...continuous approach is needed. However, such attacks often have a reduced strength - with this, you can augment each hit, thus augmenting the damage inflicted overall. It is a net gain, particularly when a single hit provides an overflow of damage which, sadly, becomes lost by its sheer strength.
    Tyro: So, in other words - these weapons help me hit better when I'm using them with certain attacks?
    Alphinaud: That is the essence, oui.
    Cid: The Genji Blade also has a potent property of Paralyzing opponents - a trait highly sought-after on the Torment dungeons, as he explained.
    Dr. Mog: Continuing with our inventory, we have 7 shields, 8 helmets and 9 assorted pieces of headgear, 14 pieces of light armor, 10 suits of heavy armor, 10 robes and 14 different kinds of armgear, kupo.
    Tyro: That makes for 72 pieces of armor!
    Cid: Yer countin' skills are top-notch, Keeper...
    Tyro: Well, how about saying that we got almost 3 weapons for every 2 pieces of armor?
    Cid: That's...not as impressive, Keeper. Nor your counting skills, kiddo.
    Dr. Mog: Perhaps their traits are, kupo. By my count, kupo, 28 of these items are of incredible craftsmanship, and a good deal of them are enchanted against the elements - 8 of them protect against Fire, Ice and Lightning, kupo, and 3 of them boost a specific element. Holy, Lightning and Fire, respectively.
    Tyro: You mean captain Basch's Platinum Shield, lady Agrias' Kaiser Shield, and miss Refia's Shura Gloves?
    Dr. Mog: My, kupo, you know those from memory?
    Tyro: The Shura Gloves are new, and the other two are mainstays of our party.
    Alphinaud: Did you know, monsieur Tyro, that wearing items that boost a specific element further increase their power? Thus, someone wielding a holy sword and a holy shield will deal exceptional amounts of Holy damage?
    Tyro: Wow! I didn't knew that!
    Dr. Mog: You haven't paid attention to the lessons, kupo. But, let us continue - accessories, kupo! Of those, we have 83 in total. And of those, the two largest categories include physical Attack boosters and items that improve Fire resistance, kupo. These have been carefully curated, kupo, but still have a few outliers - 13 of them are of lesser quality than the grand majority, while roughly the same amount is of greater quality. Those are the rewards you have reaped, young Keeper.
    Tyro: So, that makes a grand total of 258 items, kupo! We're approaching the limit, fast!
    Cid: That is what the Vault is about. It holds the items that the Expedition Commander does not wish to drop off, but aren't as useful. Old relics, for example. It holds 32 weapons, 3 pieces of armor and 18 accessories.
    Tyro: *looks at the Vault* ...Hey, isn't that...?
    Cid: Indeed.
    *The Oversized Katanas of Mama's Boy are stored in the Vault. One of them has a note saying - "To marquis Elmdore, who can do silver hair and good physique with style"*
    Tyro: Ouch, that's a low blow! But still, some items here could be returned to the main Armory!
    Cid: Indeed. At least one of them empowers Fire attacks, and another further boosts Holy damage, and is one of impeccable craftsmanship too!
    Tyro: Yeah - that one was replaced by lady Lenna's Nirvana. I know of that.
    Dr. Mog: Two of your books are there, kupo.
    Tyro: Well...it's because I have no space for them, sir! So, I store them somewhere safe!
    Cid: Some other items have utility and are decently strong enough - I would love to work some Dark Matetr into them! The Stoneblade and the Death Sickle are particularly deadly, and are at the limits of their power as it stands. The accessories are those that no longer have any worth, however, but for sentimental reasons they are stored here. Hmm...
    Tyro: What?
    Cid: Say, that Stardust Rod--
    Tyro: Miss Terra's rod?
    Cid: No! The other Stardust Rod. From Gaia.
    Tyro: Cloud's world, or Zidane's world?
    Dr. Mog: Technically, kupo, the world of master Cloud is the Planet. Ser Zidane's world is Gaia.
    Tyro: Oh. What about it?
    Cid: Don't Vivi got a better weapon? The...uh, Mace of Zeus or something like that?
    Tyro: Yeah. Why?
    *Cid moves the Stardust Rod (IX) into the Vault*
    Cid: I doubt they'll miss it. I'll keep it here safe in case someone needs it.
    Dr. Mog: That is a detailed explanation, but we need something more...easy to work with, kupo.
    Cid: Got ya covered, Dr. Mog. Here's my report.
    Spoiler: Cid's Report
    Show
    Weapons
    Core: Rune Staff (native 5*, White Mage's SB, staff), Cyclone Grimoire (native 5*, Keeper's SB, book), Sentinel's Grimoire (augmented 6*, Keeper's SB, book), Keeper's Tome (augmented 6*, Keeper's BSB, book)
    FFI: Defender (augmented 6*, sword), Rune Blade (augmented 5*, sword)
    FFII: Cat's Claws (augmented 6*, dagger), Wing Sword (augmented 5*, sword), Sun Blade (native 5*, Firion's BSB, sword), Diamond Mace (augmented 5*, staff)
    FFIII: Lust Dagger (native 5*, Luneth's SSB, dagger), Desch's Sword x2 (native 5*, Desch's SB, sword), Cat's Claws (augmented 5*, fist), Golem Staff (augmented 5*, staff), Light Staff (native 3*, White Mage's SB, staff), Madhura Harp (native 3*, Bard's SB, instrument), Rising Sun (native 5*, Refia's SSB, thrown)
    FFIV: Mage Masher (augmented 5*, dagger), Dancing Dagger (augmented 6*, dagger), Ice Brand (augmented 5*, sword), Defender (augmented 5*, sword), Poison Axe (augmented 6*, axe), Gaia's Hammer (augmented 6*, hammer), Blood Lance (native 5*, Kain's SB, spear), Wind Spear (native 5*, shared SB, spear), Lilith Rod (augmented 5*, rod), Light Rod (native 3*, Black Mage's SB, rod), Ice Rod (Dark Matter augmented 6*, rod), Sage's Staff (Dark Matter augmented 7*, staff), Elven Bow (natve 5*, Rosa's SB, bow), Blitz Whip (augmented 5*, whip)
    FFV: Ragnarok (native 5*, Bartz' BSB, sword), Genji Blade (native 5*, Gilgamesh's SSB, katana), Rune Axe (augmented 6*, axe), Giant's Axe (augmented 6*, axe), Flame Rod (augmented 5*, rod), Thunder Rod (Dark Matter augmented 6*, rod), Magus' Rod (native 5*, Krile's SB, rod), Judgment Staff (native 5*, staff), Nirvana (native 5*, Lenna's BSB, staff), Enuo's Scourge (native 5*, Exdeath's SSB, staff), Yoichi's Bow (native 5*, Faris' SB, bow), Silver Harp (augmented 5*, instrument), Beast Killer (native 5*, Krile's SSB, whip)
    FFVI: Assassin's Dagger (native 5*, dagger), Thief's Knife (native 5*, Locke's BSB, dagger), Zantetsuken (native 5*, sword), Excalibur (native 5*, Celes' SSB, sword), Drill (native 5*, Edgar's SB, spear), Burning Fist (native 5*, fist), Tigerfists (augmented 6*, Sabin's SSB, fist), Stardust Rod (native 5*, Terra's BSB, rod), Maduin's Horn (native 5*, Terra's SSB, rod), Chocobo Brush (native 5*, Relm's SSB, rod), Rising Sun (native 5*, Locke's SB, thrown), Cards (native 5*, Setzer's SB, thrown)
    FFVII: Apocalypse (native 5*, Zack's SSB, sword), Golden Sword (Dark Matter augmented 8*, sword), Rune Blade, Crisis Core ver. (native 5*, Zack's BSB, sword), Metal Knuckle (augmented 6*, fist), 4-Point Shuriken (native 5*, Yuffie's SB, thrown), Quicksilver (Dark Matter augmented 5*, gun), Mythril Clip (augmented 5*, hairpin)
    FFVIII: Mesmerize Blade (augmented 5*, dagger), Betrayal Sword (native 5*, shared SB, sword), Twin Lance (native 5*, Squall's BSB, sword), Morning Star (augmented 6*, Selphie's SB, rod)
    FFIX: Partisan (native 5*, Freya's SB, spear), Mace of Zeus (native 5*, Vivi's SSB, rod), Storm Staff (native 5*, Garnet's SB, staff)
    FFX: Celebration Dagger (native 5*, shared SB, dagger), Chocobo Knife (native 5*, shared SB, dagger), Warrior's Sword (augmented 6*, sword), Icebrand (native 5*, sword), Nodachi (augmented 6*, katana), Flexible Arm (native 5*, Rikku's SB, fist), Magistral Rod (native 5*, Yuna's SB, rod), Royal Scepter (augmented 6*, shared SB, rod), Lullaby Rod (augmented 6*, Yuna's SB, rod), Over the Top (native 5*, Wakka's SSB, blitzball), All-Rounder (native 5*, Wakka's SB, blitzball), Magical Mog (native 5*, Lulu's SB, doll)
    FFXII: Runeblade (native 5*, Ashe's SB, sword), Hammerhead (augmented 6*, axe), Storm Spear (augmented 5*, spear), Glacial Staff (augmented 5*, staff), Traitor's Bow (native 5*, Fran's SSB, bow), Ras Algethi (native 5*, Balthier's SB, gun)
    FFXIII: Keepsake Knife (native 5*, shared SB, dagger), Power Glove (augmented 5*, fist), Evil Lantern (native 5*, thrown), Goddess' Tribute (native 5*, gun)
    FFXIV: Ifrit's Kris (native 5*, dagger), Sphairai (native 5*, Yda's SSB, fist), Thyrus (native 5*, Y'shtola's SB, staff)
    FFT: Platinum Sword x2 (native 5*, Ramza's SSB, sword), Mythril Sword (augmented 5*, sword), White Staff (native 5*, shared SB, staff), Healing Staff (native 5*, Ovelia's SSB, staff)
    Other: Engine Blade (XV, native 5*, shared SB, sword)
    Vault: Dancing Dagger (V), Gladius (IX), Spark Dagger (III), Goblin Scimitar (XIV), Poison Fang (X), Venom Fang (VIII), Runeblade (V), Flametongue (VI), Sleep Blade (IV), Stoneblade (VI), Blitz Sword (VIII), Wightslayer (III), Butterfly Sword (VII), Excalipoor (V), Masamune Blade (VII), One-Winged Angel (VII), Masamune-Shinuichi (VII), Death Sickle (V), Sledgehammer (XII), Trident (XII), Gaia Rod (XII), Poison Rod (VI), Gravity Rod (VI), Stardust Rod (IX), Storm Staff (XII), Healing Staff (V), Flame Bow (V), Dark Bow (V), Killer Bow (V), Hayate Bow (V), Shuriken (III), Healing Grimoire (Core), Celebration Grimoire (Core)

Armor
    Core: Conductor's Tuxedo (native 5*, light armor)
    FFI: Knight's Armor (augmented 5*, heavy armor), Copper Armlet (augmented 5*, bracer)
    FFII:
    FFIII: Feathered Hat (native 3*, Red Mage's SB, hat), Dragon Helm (augmented 5*, helm), Ice Helm (augmented 5*, helm), Diamond Helm (native 3*, Knight SB, helm), Black Belt Gi (augmented 5*, light armor), Knight Armor (augmented 4*, heavy armor), Gaia Gear (native 3*, Summoner's SB, robe), Shura Gloves (native 5*, Refia's BSB, bracer), Onion Gauntlets (native 5*, Onion Knight's BSB, bracer)
    FFIV: Flame Shield (augmented 5*, shield), Ice Shield (augmented 5*, shield), Aegis Shield (augmented 5*, shield), Black Cowl (augmented 5*, hat), Black Garb (augmented 6*, light armor), Flame Mail (augmented 5*, heavy armor), Ice Armor (augmented 5*, heavy armor), Luminous Robe (native 5*, shared SB, robe), Dark Gloves (native 5*, bracer)
    FFV: Diamond Shield (augmented 5*, shield), Gold Hairpin (Dark Matter augmented 6*, hat), Genji Helm (native 5*, helm), Thornlet (augmented 6*, helm), Mirage Vest (augmented 5*, light armor), Crystal Armor (augmented 6*, heavy armor), Luminous Robe (augmented 5*, robe), Black Robe (augmented 5*, robe), White Robe (augmented 6*, robe)
    FFVI: Red Cap (augmented 5*, hat), Royal Crown (augmented 6*, hat), Tiara (native 5*, Terra's SSB, hat), Crystal Helm x2 (Dark Matter augmented 7* and augmented 5*, helm), Heroic Scarf (native 5*, Mog's SB, light armor), Crystal Mail x2 (Dark Matter augmented 8* and native 5*, shared SB, heavy armor), Magus Robe (augmented 5*, robe)
    FFVII: Protect Vest (Dark Matter augmented 5*, light armor), Rune Armlet (augmented 4*, bracer), Dragon Armlet (augmented 6*, shared SB, bracer), Holiday Mittens (native 5*, shared SB, bracer)
    FFVIII: Ten-Gallon Hat (augmented 5*, hat), Minotaur Plate (native 5*, shared SB, heavy armor), Galbadian Bracers (augmented 4*, bracer)
    FFIX: Barbut (native 5*, helm), Brigandine (augmented 5*, light armor), Power Sash (native 5*, shared SB, light armor), Magician Robe (augmented 5*, robe), White Robe (native 5*, shared SB, robe), Kuja's Gloves (native 5*, Kuja's SB, bracer)
    FFX: Bright Armband x2 (native 3* and augmented 5*, light armor), Wizard's Armlet (augmented 6*, bracer)
    FFXII: Kaiser Shield (native 5*, shared SB, shield), Platinum Shield (native 5*, Basch's SB, shield), Heavy Coat (augmented 5*, light armor), Viking Coat (native 5*, shared SB, light armor), Gold Armor (native 5*, heavy armor), Shepherd's Bolero (augmented 5*, robe)
    FFXIII: Witch's Hat (Dark Matter augmented 8*, shared SB, hat), Silver Bangle (augmented 6*, bracer), Titanium Bangle (augmented 5*, bracer)
    FFXIV: Wizard's Petasos (native 5*, Papalymo's SB, hat), Linen Shirt (augmented 5*, light armor), Evoker's Doublet (native 5*, Alphinaud's SSB, robe), Wizard's Gloves (native 5*, Papalymo's SSB, bracer)
    FFT: Kaiser Shield (native 5*, Agrias' SB, shield), Mythril Vest (augmented 5*, light armor), Grand Armor (native 5*, Ramza's SB, heavy armor), Nu-Khai Armband (native 5*, Ramza's SB, bracer)
    Other:
    Vault: Crystal Shield (VI), Diamond Breastplate (VI), Red Jacket (VI)

Accessories: Crystal Orb x2 (5*, VI), Bolt Ring (4*, VII), Angel Ring (3*, V), Touph Ring (4*, VII), Gauntlets (5*, IV), General's Belt (4*, XIII), Turtle Shell (4*, VIII), Crystal Ring (5*, I), Rune Armlet (4*, IV), Carnelian Signet (5*, IV), Fury Ring (4*, VII), Soulfont Talisman (5*, XIII), Protect Ring (4*, II), Tetra Elemental (5*, VII), Blaze Armlet (6*, None), Bolt Armlet (6*, None), Pearl Rouge (4*, IX), Aurora Armlet (6*, None), Soft Bracer (4*, X), Zephyr Cape (4*, VI), Vanille's Necklace (5*, XIII), Cursed Ring (5*, V), Squall's Necklace (5*, VIII), Regen Ring (5*, VIII), Force Armlet (5*, VIII), Adept's Bangle (5*, X), Flame Ring (4*, V), Mythril Armlet (5*, X), Cloud's Goggles x2 (5*, VII), Cat's Bell (5*, VII), Glow Curtain (4*, VIII), Friendship Ribbon (5*, IX), Oath Ring (5*, XII), Aries (5*, FFT), Thief's Stole (5*, X), Aria Bouquet (5*, VI), Gigas' Armlet (5*, II), Memento Ring (5*, VI), Doctor Cid's Glasses (5*, XII), Shadow Armlet (6*, None), Toxin Armlet (6*, None), Maelstrom Armlet (6*, None), Arctic Armlet (6*, None), Tornado Armlet (6*, None), Crag Armlet (6*, None), Gulug Stone (5*, IX), Fateful Coin (5*, VI), Black Mage Twin Stars (5*, IV), Skybreaker Earrings (5*, III), Vortex Ring (5*, XIV), Inferno Bangle (5*, XIV), Hero's Belt (5*, VII), Mog Amulet (5*, I), Cowl of Gilgamesh (5*, V), Silver Pendant (5*, XII), Victory Pendant (5*, None), Chaos Shard (5*, None), Angel Brooch (5*, None), Lenna's Earrings (5*, V), Bartz' Circlet (5*, V), Silver Pendant (5*, IX), Grass Whistle (5*, FFT), Yuna's Obi (5*, X), Sniper Soul (6*, None), Yuna's Earrings (5*, x), Pendant (5*, II), Locke's Bandanna (5*, VI), War Gong (5*, None), Lucky Dice (5*, Core), Omega Insignia (6*, V), Noel's Pendant (5*, XIII), Luneth's Pouch (5*, III), Squall's Belt (5*, VIII), Zack's Earring (5*, VII), Kain's Boots (5*, IV), Ultima Slayer (6*, X), Stella's Music Box (5*, V)
    Vault: Chocobo Feather (VII), Protect Ring (VII), Barrier Ring (VI), Sniper Eye (VI), Hero's Ring (VI), Protect Ring (III), Turtle Shell (VIII), Giant's Ring (VIII), Magick Gloves (XII), Hope's Scarf (XIII), Flame Ring (V), Adept's Armlet (X), Silver Goggles x2 (V), Cloud's Goggles (VII), Blonde Wig (VII), Mystic Tablet (I), Tama's Ribbon (Beyond)

Dr. Mog: Master Cid, may I ask you a question, kupo?
    Cid: Yeah, Dr. Mog?
    Dr. Mog: ...Are you bored? Because this is an extensive inventory of all items, in the Armory AND in the Vault, kupo!
    Cid: Chalk it up to my obsessive-compulsive nature, Dr. Mog.
    Alphinaud: By clear observation, I can foresee troubles in certain realms. There is an overabundance of items from certain realms - those native to miss Terra, lord Cecil and ser Bartz. On the other hand, the realms native to ser Zidane, sergeant Lightning and in particular lady Shantotto are in dire danger. So does the realm from sir Firion, but the presence of his Sun Blade has done a welcome change, and that of sir Luneth is quite competitive.
    Tyro: Yeah, that's a big problem.
    Alphinaud: There is also the presence of multiple items of enhanced value in the realms of master Cloud and master Squall, which can also serve as a weak point. There is much to study here, but...alas, I am tired, and I must rest.
    Tyro: Whew, just looking at this makes me faint! I also need to take a rest!
    Dr. Mog: Quite the daunting task, kupo. I will return to my office, then.
    *All leave*
    Cid: ...Pansies. *Looks at Mythril stash* There's a bunch of Mythril here. Though...*looks at small chests*...a good deal of them are reserved.
    *Chest 1 says "Reserved for THE THUNDER GOD"; Chest 2 says "Reserved for Seifer, Fujin and Raijin"*

Took me a while, but here it is - an exhaustive list of my collection of items. Like last time, Dr. Mog, Tyro, Cid and newcomer Alphinaud give their opinions on it.

As for the remaining relics (I mentioned I saved 100 for two banners), there's nearly 75 Mythril just...hanging there. The THUNDER GOD'S event won't come until the end of January, which is close to...

The Summoner Lucky Draw! As informed, it will also be curated and with G5*, but at full price. I feel tempted to draw on it, because there's a few realms that could benefit, but most importantly, because it's a 2nd chance for Terra's OSB. That kind of chance I simply cannot ignore, and Nightmare draws have often been quite lucky, so I could end up with a lot of stuff. Maybe even the Arbiter's Apocrypha! ...Or Hope's Ninurta (bleh!) Wouldn't give a damn about Tiny Bee or Aerith's relics if they drop off, though - just not Hope's Ninurta, or...anything from Hope, really, because I don't like him. Knowing myself, that's exactly what I'll end up having, though the RNGods have tortured a friend of mine with that relic instead.

Though, I could instead save it for a pull at the Keeper's Choice Vol. 2 - sure, it doesn't have many things I'd like, but a try for Gilgamesh's Burst is always nice, and I really want that Red Armlet to further empower Terra. However, that OSB, plus all the other banner items, are so tempting! Not to mention Arc's Medicas, Krile's Burst, anything for Rinoa (bet I'll get her Burst, since I'm pretty much collecting the early Bursts, if you've noticed), Eiko's Burst Medica, Ashe's Burst, Alphinaud's Burst, Relm's Burst... Tough choice, tough choice!
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

So I finally got around to putting Mage Team 2.0 and Wind Team 2.0 up against the FFXIV U+ and U++ respectively

Oh good lord.

See, that U+ could be described with words, but regretfully (or thankfully, if you're one of the younger folks) we have a censor here in the playground that would stop my more colourful language used to emphasize how much I disrespect that dRNGon and the ample frustrations he gave me while trying to CM the fight. It aggravated me to say the least.

So instead I brought Mage Team 2.0 with the significant improvements FFXIV has made to it:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ashe - Chain Thundaga, Quetzacotl - Battleforged - Dusk's Decree
    Alphinaud - Threeamat, Ifrit - Devotion - Deployment Tactics
    Papalymo - Chain Stonega, Chain Firaga - Mako Might - Ley Lines
    Tyro - Res Breakdance, MultiBreak - Dr.Mog - Sentinel Grimoire
    Arc - Curaja, Protectga - Ace Striker - Word of Kindness
    RW - Exdeath: Power of the Void

Oh gods the damage was just disgusting.

Ashe was doing 9k+ per hit. With the neutral Chain Thundaga. While NOT under her EnLighting. Girl, like what?
    Alphinaud hit damage cap with Ifrit. yup, 20k damage on a 3star ability.
    Papalymo was rockin it in the free world, Chain Stonega was about 6k per hit, while Chain Firaga capped.
    Tyro danced like nobody's watching
    Arc didn't have the time to gather enough bar to even unleash a medica, even though he had Ace striker.

The fight was over before the dragon even knew what hit it. I guess if I can't outlast RNG-dependant abilities, I'll out-dps them.

I may try to CM it later, but it really annoyed me with it's RNG-ness on that stun.

0 medals lost, innumerable while trying to CM it, 0 with Mage Team and probably the first U+ i've ever beaten without having to use a medica.

Now, Wind Team, I daresay, was even more disgusting when it came to fighting the U++
    Spoiler
    Show

Alphinaud - Curaja, Shellga - Mako Might - Aerial Blast
    Fang - Sky High, Lifesiphon - Battleforged - Megaflare
    Luneth - Dark Bargain, Lifesiphon - One Eyed General - Eternal Wind
    Tyro - Power Breakdown, Full Break - Dr.Mog - Sentinel Grimoire
    Rosa - Wrath, Protectga - Ace Striker - Divine Wish
    RW - Onion Knight: Vessel of Fate

Alphinaud used RW'd then Shellga'd and kept using OK command 2
    Rosa protectga'd then proceeded to spam wrath and keep the party super healthy
    Fang Lifesiphoned for a few turns until megaflare ready
    Luneth DB > Lifesiphon until EW ready
    Tyro SG > FB > PB, repeat FB & PB until SG ready

Once Megaflare came out... well everything changed when the Wind Gods attacked. Fang used command 1 for a bit and towards the end used Sky High to help out with DPS.

Alphinaud kicked into an immediate Aerial Blast once ImpWind was up (hooray OK BSB Command 2!) and his command 1 was basically a 18-19k Powerchain on this team. 4x 4500-4700 some damage. insta-cast. Dis-gust-ing.

Luneth got his EW up and under DB & command 2 his damage started streaming in with command 1

I was blown away at how easy it just barreled through the U++ without a care. Even after letting the two summoned feathers stick around and destroy the pillar, the boss only lasted long enough to get a single attack off that barely did what... 1500 damage to the party as SG had recently refreshed, tyro was back to breaking him and Rosa had just finished healing the party from the feathers (first one's AoE missed due to magic blink, hah!).

0 medals lost, 0 S/L

All in all, I would say that Mage Team is much better at focusing damage down on a target, but the (mixed!) Wind Team has higher sustain/defense in the long run while still maintaining solid damage thanks to running 2 strong EnWind BSBs with an Imperiler on hand.

End result: FFXIV (mostly) cleared and mastered and Papalymo earned himself that MC3. Good on ya, little dude!

28. - Top - End - #28

Alright, we're still on the first page so I can post my levels.

level 50, 2 (Warrior and Knight)
    level 65, 13 (most of the rest of Core)
    level 70, 5 (Core that can be LB2'd)
    level 76, 2 (getting Minfilia's and Alphinaud's RM's)
    level 80, 111
    level 99, 11

Pretty low on eggs right now >.>

Oh, and did anyone else notice Barret's exp to level is really messed up?
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

First run with my mage party thanks to this events eggs getting Papa to 76. Will need a little jiggery-pokery but that damage

Took on the +++ with (only expert because I sort of neglected to read medal conditions. No slow/interrupt)

Edward - Proshellga - SoS
    Penelo - Multi Break/Curaja - Intercession
    Y'shtola - Diaga/Curaja - SSII
    Papa - Chain Bioga/Firaja - BSB
    Alph - Ruinga/Ultima Weapon - BSB
    RW: OK

With both SoS and OK BSB up, Alph and Papa were just tearing through him (even Firaja was hitting 9k+ through resistance). Issue I ran into is, they didn't do it fast enough before haste/wall wore off (only used 1 RW), and guages weren't filling fast enough to keep them up. Think I might have to sacrifice a couple slots for Wrath for Edward and possibly Y'sh. My only concern with replacing Penelo is that leaves me dancer-less so Edward will need to pack Full Break if I want a break for medals.

So short term goals: Dedicate tomorrow to power leveling Vanille. Get better mage accessories. Better mage hones.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2017-01-07 at 09:04 AM.

Steam Profile

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

New thread but no other reason to post.

How does one get 4* motes, particularly 100s of them? I can't seem to survive the dungeons that offer them with my level 99 team.

Leveling report:
    50 characters <65
    11 characters =65
    82 characters =80
    5 characters =99