New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Default [PTU] Johto Adventures (IC)

For most people, today is just another ordinary day in Johto. You are not most people.

You have come to New Bark Town from across the region, or even outside of it, for many reasons, but today will be a turning point in your life for all of you.

You're going to get your first Pokemon today.

Unfortunately (and somewhat anticlimactically), Professor Elm is out when you arrive. His assistant helpfully tells you that he should be back in "Just a few minutes. There are seats over there, it shouldn't be long at all." After a bit of searching for where exactly "over there" is, you manage to find the benches hidden between a table missing one leg and a small mountain of plastic disks and take a seat.
    Last edited by Minescratcher; 2017-01-09 at 05:10 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: [PTU] Johto Adventures (IC)

Alexander nods to the assistant in thanks. Far too restless to sit down after the long and cramped ferry ride from Cianwood city, he paces back and forth after resting his sizable backpack against the bench. He leans on the table for a moment before wandering over to the pile of discs, mindlessly picking through them.

The headphones around his neck buzz. The tinny voice of a singer can occasionally be heard: "There was a bouffalant soldier...... heart of Uno-oh-va... Bouffalant soldier"

Would he be kept waiting long? Alexander could hardly stand still. After so long on a tiny boat, he needed to explore, to see something new and strange. Maybe Elm was outside? Should he look for him? Alexander glances around for a window. No. Patience. He was so close to becoming a trainer and having a reason to travel that no one would question. He could wait.

Alexander abandons the pile and turns back to his pack, headphones still humming in the background. Had he forgotten anything? The buckles fall open under his fingers.

Clothes? Check.
    Fishing rod? Check.
    Medical supplies and food? Check.
    Tent? Bedroll? Rope? All there.

He repacks the bag, fastening the buckles and nervously tightening and readjusting the straps. What was he waiting for? How long until his journey could begin in earnest?

...woy yoy yoy, Woy yoy-yoy yoy...
    Last edited by BadCrow; 2017-01-09 at 10:16 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Unlike Alexander, the other boy nearby has very little to inventory. A skinny stork of a lad, he sits on the floor near the bench his back against the wall with only his rolled up sleeping bag for support. Other than whatever could be in his vest, that bedding may have been all that he brought, and his half closed eyes look meditative...or vacant. It's hard to say.

Loft hadn't slept well since he arrived in Johto from... well, wherever he came from. He certainly doesn't want to go back. But a serenity unknown to the lanky youth seems to over take him in these finale moments before he gets his first pokemon. He can picture it now. Well, he pictures a few different pokemon, as he isn't entirely sure which one he will get, but he goes over the different starers he knows about, counting them off one by one.

Loft's head begins to bob in motion with his mental counting... and then droops down.

"Zzz...."

His dreams, however brief they may be, are peaceful.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucus gratefully walks over to the bench and plops right down on it, he was a bit tired and the bus and train he had taken to get to New Bark town had left his back sore. He dropped his pack on the floor and sat down on one of the benches, even though he was sore and tired he couldn't help but fidget excitedly. 'I'm finally getting a Pokemon! I'm going to be a trainer!' the thought banished all the exhaustion and left him only excitement and a bit of trepidation.

As he waits for the professor to come back he looks around the lab curiously, taking in the mess and all of the scientific equipment and whatnot before his eyes came to a rest on the others he figured were there to receive a Pokemon from Elm. He nods politely at the bunch of them "Hello. I'm Lucus, I assume you guys are here for the Pokemon as well?"

Small talk couldn't hurt if he needed to pass the time until the main event.
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

5. - Top - End - #5

Imp

Alexander pushes himself up from his crouch as the other soon-to-be trainers arrive. He glances at the quiet one for a moment before turning toward the red haired youth. "Yup! The name's Alexander: trainer in training." He smiles warmly at the other boy, extending a hand after wiping it on his rather worn jeans. "if the old man ever makes his way back here, that is." Alexander's grin continues unabated. "It's nice to meetcha Lucus. You been traveling long?"

6. - Top - End - #6

Backpack strapped to his back, Damien makes his way up sidewalk to Professor Elm's lab. He would look around, spying what he can view from the front. He'd note the backyard and it's contents before heading inside. He would be told the same thing about the Professor, and give a deep annoyed sigh. "Alright then." he says before heading toward the bench. It must get pretty busy in here for there to be a mess like this, he observes before turning his attention to the other trainers there. He catches the Alexander saying Lucas' name and assumed it was a conversation of new trainers so he could join. "Oh, hello my name is Damien. I just got here but I'd imagine we are all here for the same thing. He would look at Alexander, I didn't catch your name.
    Last edited by YuweaCurtis; 2017-01-10 at 05:30 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucus grins a bit "One day he'll come back, when we're old and grey." and then shrugs "Not really. I traveled here from Viridian so it's not too far but I'm just a bit tired cause I left really early in the morning. I couldn't wait to get here!"

He waves to the new person who just walked in "Yep you'd be right. We're all here to get our starters."
    Last edited by GameOfChampions; 2017-01-10 at 08:36 PM.

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

8. - Top - End - #8

Imp

Alexander's smile widens at Lucus's words. "You're from Kanto? And you lived next to Viridian Forest? I've heard it's chock full of bugs and birds: caterpie the size of your leg!" He scratches the back of his head. "I've never been that far east, but who knows? The life of a trainer could lead anywhere, right? That's kind of the point." Alexander turns as the newcomer introduces himself. "Hi, Damien! I'm Alexander. This is Lucus. And that guy over there is sleeping." He gestures to the indigo-haired youth leaning against the bench. "It's nice to meetcha, but if anyone else shows up, we're going to start running out of floor."

9. - Top - End - #9

BardGuy

After a few minutes, the automatic door whirrs open again, and Professor Elm enters at last, staggering under the weight of three large cardboard boxes. He slowly but carefully makes his way over to a table-shaped machine in the back, next to which he sets down the boxes and begins to open them. The assistant sighs quietly and follows him back.

"Excuse me, Professor, the Trainers-in-training have been here for a few minutes now..."

"My apologies, I just got a little wrapped up in my work..."

Elm stands up suddenly and spins around, knocking over a machine that looks somewhat like a cross between a lava lamp and an ammunition box. He clears his throat and addresses you.

"You all can come on back here, I didn't mean to keep you waiting. Very sorry... It's good to see you at last! A very exciting day for all of you. The Pokemon are in these boxes. There was a slight delay getting them and it seems to have made me rather late. If you'll just give me one moment..."

Professor Elm pulls a number of Poke balls out of the boxes and places them into the table-shaped machine.

"I want you to raise one of the Pokémon contained in these Balls. You'll be that Pokémon's first partner! Go on. Pick one!"
    Last edited by Minescratcher; 2017-01-14 at 08:31 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Imp

"No worries, Professor!" Alexander's impatience immediately melts into excitement at the range of choices before him. Approaching the far end of the table, he turns the possibilities over in his mind. He'd seen plenty of trainers during his time in the safari zone, trainers with flaming boars and terrifying serpents. Should he look for one of these? A charmander? the idea of flying on a massive pokemon's back was certainly appealing, but maybe a speedy froakie would be better. There were so many choices!

Lost in his thoughts, Alexander almost fails to notice one of the pokeballs rolling towards the edge of the machine, bumped by Professor Elm in his hurry to lay out all of the options. "Oh, muk!" Alexander exclaims, fumbling and utterly failing to catch the ball. It bounces off of his feet, emitting a flash of light as it collides with Alexanders scuffed and none-to-clean boots.

"'saur?"

A small pokemon with a bulb emerging from it back squats in front of Alexander, looking up at him with ruby-colored eyes. Alexander kneels down next to it, immediately with the unexpected creature. "Well, hello there, girl. You're an excitable little beast ain't you?" He extends a hand to be smelled only to be surprised by the wet rasp of a tongue. "'saur!" He smiles, patting the bulbasaur's head. "Alright then, who am I to get in your way?" Alexander stands back up, lifting the small creature up to his chest. "I think I've found mine, Professor. That or she found me anyway." He looks down at the bulbasaur, and it blinks back at him. "I'll need something to call you though. Maybe Rosie? After your eyes?" "'saur!" "I suppose I'm taking that as a yes. Nice to meet you, Rosie. I'm Alexander, and I think we'll be spending a lot of time together from now on" Alexander looks back to the table expectantly, wondering what pokemon the other soon-to-be trainers would choose.
    Last edited by BadCrow; 2017-01-14 at 08:01 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

So much for that nap.

When the strange device cracks and crashes against the floor, the purple haired kid's eyes snap open and he kick ups from his position impressively for a sleep deprived mess. His eyes dart around, expecting the roof to come down before Loft realizes he just made a fool of himself. If anyone paid attention, anyway...

Loft slinks up to Professor Elm's machine table, trying to downplay his freak out. He looks down at the pokeballs, even as the others crowd around, and he doesn't instinctively grab for one. Instead, his eyes look like they're just slightly crossed for a moment. Whatever he's doing, to the rest of the kids it looks like it's nothing but a prolonged, weird stare. To Loft, colors begin to seep from the pokeballs: bright ones, vibrant or pulsing; full of life and excitement, but one in particular catches his eye. Its color is a navy and it is trying very hard to maintain a sense of stillness. If Loft didn't know better, he'd swear whatever was inside was trying to meditate. Not doing a perfect job as the aura desyncs now and then, but neither is he himself perfect at it. He makes his choice.

Loft pushes the button and with a flash a little blue and white blur flops out, a girl oshawott. Blinking her eyes indignantly for a moment, she registers what's happened and looks up at her new partner. She screws up her face, trying to look serious and stern, sizing up Loft as best as she can. Loft just manages a slight grin, and when he pets her, she gets fussy and pushes at his hands. She's a warrior, dangit! A warrior who's getting petted some more and with a grumpy face she acquiesces.

There would have been worse ways to start off a friendship.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucus jumps out of his seat in excitement the others forgotten for a moment so he could get his first Poke friend. He starts to look through the boxes before grabbing a ball that he feels good about and let's out his new partner. The flash of red light quickly forms into a small orange lizard with a tan belly and tail behind it with a small flame on the end. It's blinks confused a few times before figuring out that there was a person in front of it. It tilts it's head "Char?"

Licas grins, it looks like he had made the right choice. Fire types had always been a favorite of his and this looked like a strong little guy. He crouches down onto his knees so he is level with the little mon and holds out his hand to let the little lizard smell it. After he does he starts rubbing the little creatures head and back emailing at the happy noises it makes. Lucus checks over the little convertly and notices the signs of a male "Hmmmm. I'm gonna call you Boxer I think? How do you like that?"

The little guy let's out a small happy noise which Lucus takes as a sign of assent and lifts up the Charmander in his arms and looks back to the professor, his little moment with Boxer done.

13. - Top - End - #13

Damien jumps a little at the sudden noise of the object, but only because it broke the relative quietness of the room. "Heh, I didn't wait too long... he says reassuringly. Having pretty much decided what he wanted before he even stepped on the bus to start his travels, he allows the other trainers to move ahead of him. It was crowded enough, so he wants to give them room. Also, he was nosy and wanted to see their choices. Each had their own way of finding pokemon, one seeming to be a fateful encounter of sorts. The other two just seemed to pick pokemon randomly, one staring at the pokeballs on the table and the other going through the boxes. One could argue they both were looking for something particular, though he had no idea what it could have been. They had no idea of knowing what was inside... Right?

After watching the others get their pokemon and meet them for the first time, he speaks up, "I know we are a bit far from their usual region, but do are there any Froakie here Professor Elm? If so, which pokeball is it?"
    Last edited by YuweaCurtis; 2017-01-15 at 05:32 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by YuweaCurtis View Post
    After watching the others get their pokemon and meet them for the first time, he speaks up, "I know we are a bit far from their usual region, but do are there any Froakie here Professor Elm? If so, which pokeball is it?"
    "Surprisingly enough, there is. This Pokeball here, I believe." replies the professor, pushing a key on the machine. An holographic image of Froakie appears above one of the Pokeballs, heralded by a monotone robotic voice.

"FROAKIE, the BUBBLE FROG Pokemon. It secretes flexible bubbles from its chest and back. The bubbles reduce the damage it would otherwise take when attacked. Beneath its happy-go-lucky air, it keeps a watchful eye on its surroundings."
    Last edited by Minescratcher; 2017-01-15 at 06:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

A grin forms across Damien's face, it was exactly what he wanted. Well of course it was, but there was no guarantee it would have been one of his choices. He gratefully takes the pokeball and momentarily looks at it before facing it towards the ground and releasing the pokemon within. The sudden rush of a different surrounding causes the small blue frog to cover its eyes as soon as it comes out. Given a few seconds, he then shakes his head and stretches, having had a similarly long journey to reach the Professor's lab. It then looks dead at Damien, "Fro?" It stares at him, sizing him up. Damien doesn't mind this at first, but it becomes obviously that it's more than the usual once over you give someone you've just met. He kneels down to get closer to the pokemon's level and stares right back at him. For whatever reason, the Froakie decides this none verbal exchange is enough. "So I guess you've figured out we are going to be journeying together eh? Don't worry, I'll take good care of ya and train you up to be strong." Fortunately, this sounded great to the bubble frog. He give a glance as if to say 'You better'. "Okay then. Is the name Jubei fine with you? Its the title of skilled swordsmen." The pokemon nods, then turns around to see who else is around it.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

The grumpy looking oshawott continues to be petted, but in a sudden fuss, she grabs Loft's hand with both of her tiny paws and points at the boy with the Froakie, angrily chirring.

"Wott, Wott! Sha-wot!" she ends with a harrumph that confuses the poor purple haired kid who looks between her and the other water-trainer.

Surprising everybody, Loft speaks:

"Wait.. what? You want to go with him?" the oshawott furiously shakes her head and points at the Froakie and then back at Loft accusingly. "Him? Jubei? What about-- the moment he says Jubei, Loft's pokemon hops up and down, before pointing at herself. And then weirdly, Loft's eyes almost cross again and comprehension dawns on the poor dope.

"Ohhhhh. You want a name. Of course..."

Sha-wot!

"She says she wants a serious swordsman name, huh? Um... Musash--No. Boy's name. Um... Saku--Nope. Too many with that one. Well, what about Tomoe?" Loft gets a response in the form of his new partner striking a pose with her shell out. As serious minded as she's trying to be, the little 'warrior' is clearly excited now and doesn't harass Loft when he finally picks her up and puts her on his shoulder.

"Y'all can just call me Loft, I suppose." he says ruefully to the others. "But that being the case, what now? I'm new to this region and I'll probably need some guiding if I'm gonna make it to the first Gym...."

17. - Top - End - #17

BardGuy

"Hmm? I see you've all chosen your Pokemon now. I think they're all great Pokémon, too! Puts me in mind of the old days - "

"Ahem!"

" - Right, right, sorry. Well, if you'll just give me one moment, I have something else for each of you." The Professor counts silently, his finger tapping in the air one, two, three, four times.

"Four? I could have sworn there were a couple more supposed to be here today.... Ah well. I have a special request to make of you. How would you like to help me out? See?" He picks four tablet-shaped devices out of another box and holds them out to you.

"This is the latest version of the Pokédex. It automatically records data on Pokémon you've seen or caught. It's a high-tech encyclopedia! I'd like you to have it. Go meet many kinds of Pokémon and complete that Pokédex!"

18. - Top - End - #18

Imp

Alexander turns back to the Professor when he resumes speaking, and his eyes widen slightly at the mention of the pokédex. "I've seen these. A lot of the trainers in the Safari Zone had them. They're easy to use, right? Anything more tech-y then a tape player is a bit beyond me." Alexander takes his new pokédex from Elm, waving it over his bulbasaur with little success. He taps the tablet screen experimentally, and it flickers to life.

"Bulbasaur: the seed pokémon. It bears the seed of a plant on its back from birth. The seed slowly develops. Researchers are unsure whether to classify Bulbasaur as a plant or animal. Bulbasaur are extremely calm and very difficult to capture in the wild."

"Calm, huh. I suppose one of should be." Alexander grins down at his small and seemingly-unperturbed companion. "Thanks, Professor! It shouldn't be a problem. Any other advice for a young trainer just striking out? Sights to see? People to meet? Adventures to pursue?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Suddenly with a large crash, a small boy with a shaved head flies into the room, barefooted and out of breath. "I'm sorry...huff...I'm late...huff...professor. Lost time...huff...training!" The boy looks around the room, suddenly recognizing the other 4 children and their Pokemon. Suddenly, his eyes begin to tear. “I’m not too late am I?” He asks the professor, wiping his nose with the back of his hand.

20. - Top - End - #20

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tculler View Post
    Suddenly with a large crash, a small boy with a shaved head flies into the room, barefooted and out of breath. "I'm sorry...huff...I'm late...huff...professor. Lost time...huff...training!" The boy looks around the room, suddenly recognizing the other 4 children and their Pokemon. Suddenly, his eyes begin to tear. “I’m not too late am I?” He asks the professor, wiping his nose with the back of his hand.
    "Well! It's good to have one more join us here today! You're not too late after all. I feared you had just disappeared from the planet!"

The Professor indicates the table-like machine next to him. "Choose your first partner Pokemon, youngster. Pick any one you like!"

Elm begins to rummage through the cardboard boxes again.
    Last edited by Minescratcher; 2017-01-24 at 04:46 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

The newest boy raises his hand to the group and says "Dray" before turning to the table. “There’s so many. Which do I pick?” He grabs the closest ball and throws it. A small, green pokemon looks up at him. “Hi there!” Dray says. The pokemon indignantly says “Tree!” and then turns away from Dray. The boy pokes the back of the pokemon. “Do you want to be my travelling companion?” The pokemon shakes his head and Dray looks to Elm with a frown. “Treecko’s have a hard time trusting humans. I’d pick a different Pokemon.” “Ok”, Dray says sadly, returning Treecko to his ball.

He reaches for another pokeball, near the middle and throws it. A small monkey pops out and says “Char!” punching the air. “You’re cool!” Dray says, and puts his hand out for a high-five. The monkey pokemon does a 360 and punches Drays open palm, causing him to fall over from the sudden attack. Dray looks scared for a moment, and then starts to laugh. The pokemon laughs with him. “Char, char, char!” “I like this one professor!”

Dray stands up and turns to the pokemon. “Will you be me travelling companion?” The monkey excitedely bounces and nods his head. “Great! That punch was scorching! Do you mind if I call you Scorcher?” The pokemon continues bouncing in place excitedely. “I think I found my starter, Professor!”

22. - Top - End - #22

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tculler View Post
    The newest boy raises his hand to the group and says "Dray" before turning to the table. “There’s so many. Which do I pick?” He grabs the closest ball and throws it. A small, green pokemon looks up at him. “Hi there!” Dray says. The pokemon indignantly says “Tree!” and then turns away from Dray. The boy pokes the back of the pokemon. “Do you want to be my travelling companion?” The pokemon shakes his head and Dray looks to Elm with a frown. “Treecko’s have a hard time trusting humans. I’d pick a different Pokemon.” “Ok”, Dray says sadly, returning Treecko to his ball.

He reaches for another pokeball, near the middle and throws it. A small monkey pops out and says “Char!” punching the air. “You’re cool!” Dray says, and puts his hand out for a high-five. The monkey pokemon does a 360 and punches Drays open palm, causing him to fall over from the sudden attack. Dray looks scared for a moment, and then starts to laugh. The pokemon laughs with him. “Char, char, char!” “I like this one professor!”

Dray stands up and turns to the pokemon. “Will you be me travelling companion?” The monkey excitedely bounces and nods his head. “Great! That punch was scorching! Do you mind if I call you Scorcher?” The pokemon continues bouncing in place excitedely. “I think I found my starter, Professor!”
    "Wonderful! Here is your Pokedex as well." Dray is also given one of the tablet devices.

"And for each of you, six Pokeballs! More than enough to begin your journey as a Trainer." Each of you receives six empty Pokeballs from the Professor as well.

"I believe that's everything... Any questions from the new Trainers?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucus takes his Pokedex carefully and his face almost breaks in half from his smiling when he receives the Pokeballs. He nods along to the professor. "I'll do my best professor."

He looks to the rest of the group "Hey anyone here know the area and/or the way to the next town? I'm not from around here and don't want to get lost."
    Last edited by GameOfChampions; 2017-01-27 at 04:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Loft starts searching over his vest for places to put the gifts from the professor, but Lucus' last question brings him to attention.

"Hey, yeah, what that fella said. I'm new to this place myself, and could use some directions... don't want to just traipse around in the woods all night."

Tomoe, from her perch on Loft's shoulder begins to prod her partner's purple hair (or rather, the skull beneath it) with impatience, and points to the door when the skinny youth finally looks at her.

"Ack! Jeez, you're not one to just sit around, are you? Look, just let me ask these nice kids and the professor some questions and we'll be on our way. The outside ain't going no where..." as the Oshawott pouts a little, Loft ruefully goes back to the others. "Or, heck. What say we all just go together, huh? We're all wet behind the ears, so let's keep company...at least til the next town, what say?"

25. - Top - End - #25

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GameOfChampions View Post
    Lucus takes his Pokedex carefully and his face almost breaks in half from his smiling when he receives the Pokeballs. He nods along to the professor. "I'll do my best professor."

He looks to the rest of the group "Hey anyone here know the area and/or the way to the next town? I'm not from around here and don't want to get lost."
    "Ah, that would be Cherrygrove. Head west from here along Route 29, and you should be there just in time for lunch. Maybe a little early, even! The path is quite straight, but if you get lost, there's a map of Johto on your Pokedex."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thanks Professor! All right I'll be heading out then, I'll try to keep in touch." Lucas smiles and waves at Elm as he starts to take a few steps, Boxer copying him with his little orange paw as he hurries to keep up. Lucas gets a few steps before a wave of fear hits him. 'I've never traveled alone before, what if I mess up or Boxer gets hurt! Maybe those other kids would know some more? I'll wait for them.'

The aspiring trainer was glad to hear one of the others suggest to travel together "That sounds like a good idea. I'll stick around."

27. - Top - End - #27

Imp

"Sounds good to me, Professor! But if there is a map on this thing, I'll be taking a detour first. I've heard that Tohjo Falls is just east of here. I can't just walk away from that. Plus, Rosie and I have to get to know each other a bit before we get to the real trek. Thanks again!" Alexander sets Rosie down and shakes the Professor's hand. "Of course, any of you folks are welcome to come along," he adds, nodding at the other new trainers while hefting his backpack onto his shoulders. It's not every day you get to swim in the biggest waterfall this side of Mt. Mortar. Otherwise, I reckon I'll catch up with you you in Cherrygrove." Alexander pauses to see if anyone decides to join him before waving and heading out the door. He and Rosie head east towards the edge of Newbark Town, Alexander struggling to open the map on his pokedex and the bulbasaur walking placidly at his side.

Their Journey had officially begun.

Spoiler: actions and navigation
    Show

survival for finding his way to Tohjo falls if necessary: (4d6)[19]

Actions: Alexander activates Trapper! He crafts two traps out of available materials that have particular affects depending on the materials they are built out of (dust trap, tangle trap, or abrasion trap presumably)

28. - Top - End - #28

"Traveling as a group sounds great," Damien says, briefly petting Jubei. The agile frog wasn't like Tomoe, and seemed to enjoy the touching... Most likely. He also seemed curious about the otter pokemon. Then Alexander speaks, piquing his interest. "Hey! I'll go with you if you don't mind! It sounds pretty cool and who know when we'll be this close to it again? He opens up his pokedex, And there will be better pokemon there than Route 29. Well, I'm assuming anyways. He looks down at his pokemon, Does that sound good? A giant waterfall? The pokemon tilts its head, "Fro?" Damien chuckles. "I guess that was a stupid question. He looks back at his pokedex, "Even if there aren't any pokemon I want, or I can't get any, it'll give me a bit more time to train Jubei."
    ~Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the Illya Avatar!~

29. - Top - End - #29

BardGuy

"Ah, you'd prefer to go to Tohjo Falls first? I can take you across the watery part of the route, if you'll give me a moment." Elm turns to address the other Trainers. "Will you be accompanying these two to the Falls? If you are, my friendly Pokemon may need to make multiple trips."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

As Loft speaks, his pokemon gauges his words with mild disdain. Apparently equating the next town to be where the gym is (and therefore her first super important challenge to overcome) the idea of getting sidetracked doesn't sit well with Tomoe, who begins pulling at his hair and pointing in the direction she assumes to be west.

Wincing and trying in vain to get her away from his purple locks, he spins in place and once more looks rather foolish in trying to placate his temperamental oshawott.

"Ack! Leggo, Tomoe, please!!" Ultimately, holding her at arms length as she struggles, Loft thinks fast. "Look, It'll be fu-No. It'll be a good training experience if we go off the beaten path! I bet that waterfall is..uh.. a great place to meditate, too, you know! If we go straight to the gym, we'll miss out on... you know, practice and perfection."

Tomoe's pierces Loft with her gaze for a moment before pouts with a harrumph in poke-speak ("Wo-sha!") but acquiesces to Loft's frantic explanation. The poor kid just sighs and tries to put her back on his shoulder, and doesn't wince she she grabs hold of his hair again.

At least she's not tugging it this time.

Loft gives the others an embarrassed look, "Tomoe says she's okay with visiting the falls, too..." he groans.
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2017-02-14 at 06:48 PM.