New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: The Black Shingle Fiasco

"I don't know Andras. This could be some sort of trick. They might be lying."
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2017-03-20 at 12:03 PM.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGirl

"I'm wit' th' elf on this one, we don't know if they'd stab our backs."

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

"I say we kill this evil vile of scum right now. Even if this demon is telling the truth. We should take care of the Zaghifd and kill them."

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

"See that?" Andras points at the arrow sticking out of the demon's side. "Plenty more where that came from. I'm no Paladin, but I'd rather see your kind dead. And I can follow up to my words. You have one chance to change my mind. Go, in front of me. Now!"

She turns to her companions. "Not now. I'm no butcher to kill a surrendered foe, she nods towards the demon. "Now, we fight!" she raises her sword, following the demon into the fray. "Sarim, Silvet, with me! Swing and blast away!"
    Last edited by wkwkwkwk1; 2017-03-20 at 03:18 PM.

Spoiler: Links & GitP Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by fyleisch View Post
    It's come to my attention that some people don't know how to pronounce the name of the deity Fharlanghn. It's simple though - you begin with a Ff- sound, then flap your mouth at random as sounds come out. Continue for 2-90 seconds, depending on devoutness and saliva levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    I think this is the most civil battle between Good and Evil I've ever seen...
    10 Commandments of Op./Practical Op.
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by wkwkwkwk1 View Post
    "See that?" Andras points at the arrow sticking out of the demon's side. "Plenty more where that came from. I'm no Paladin, but I'd rather see your kind dead. And I can follow up to my words. You have one chance to change my mind. On your feet. Now!"

She turns to her companions. "Later. I'm no butcher to kill a surrendered foe, she nods towards the demon. "Now, we fight!" she raises her sword, following the demon into the fray. "Sarim, Silvet, with me! Swing and blast away!"
    "That's fine by me." Eric shoot the lying demon with his shortbow.

Attack: (1d20+3)[4]
    Damage: (1d6)[5]
    Sneak Attack: (1d6)[4]

Confirmed critical: (1d20+3)[17]
    Damage: (1d6)[4]

6. - Top - End - #486
    Firbolg in the Playground

Avita is briefly thunderstruck by the silliness. Andras attempt to start being diplomatic now was one thing, but Eric's agreeing with her and then shooting the wrong "people" put it into quite a whole new level of fustercluckery.

"Cottonbud, you fecal-brained TWIT! Shoot the Zaghidf!" She passes her bow to her left hand and descends the stairs to approach the Demon with the Rod, her right hand flaring up with black energy.

"Give me the rod" she says.

INTIMIDATE: (1d20+7)[22]
    EDIT: Oops, make that 23.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Don't get your bones in a bunch, Necro-Girl. That was going to be my next shot."

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

The demon glares at Sarim and Eric's condemnation, still on it's knees. Grimacing at Andras words, it stands up, nods, and draws a shortsword, gently placing the glass rod in a belt pouch. Eric's arrow flies past it's head and over the crowd of battling demons. The rod-bearer returns with a look that could crack an egg, it's teeth bared in a tight-skinned snarl. It's about to enter the fray when Avita interrupts. The thing gives Avita's glowing hand a fearful glance before meeting her eyes with it's bird-like golden ones. "It's an alliance, then," it says while yanking the rod from it's pouch and thrusting it into Avita's hand.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    For initiative order: your party, the shield-demons and rod-boy, then the Zaghifd.

Also, the hallway is only 15 feet wide, so only 3 people can be in melee at a time. (With the exception of Andras, who has a glaive.) I'm assuming you want to send the demons in first?

9. - Top - End - #489

Avita doesn't take her eyes off the Demon as she holds the rod back toward Emyera. "Wisdom, take this. Sarim? If you might take point? Blue-Eyes, get back in the second line. This one's your baby. Silvet? Do your thing."

Leaning in closer toward the Demon, she breathes; "They say the dead keep their secrets. I'm pretty sure they're all wrong. Now, the Handy-the Zanghifd. Are they mindless? Do they know fear?"

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Eric was furious that his party was joining forces with the enemy trying to fight another enemy. He turns to the lying demon. "You're lucky that my arrow miss you, demon!"

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

As the party moves into position, the rod-bearer replies to Avita in a whisper.

"The Zaghidf... they live on the lowest tier of sentience, their very existence a practical joke by the Gods. They do not feel fear, only the desire to survive, and that is weak. They care for nothing but their endless civil wars and petty power struggles. The people of the Material Plane call our kind cruel, uncaring, violent, but the Zaghifd are far worse. They do not kill for power or influence, they only do so because they enjoy it."

12. - Top - End - #492

"So no point trying fear effects then" Avita nods. "Guess we're just going to have to kill them." She smiles. "And ignore the Drow. We reckon he was kicked out the Underdark for a damn good reason."

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    "So no point trying fear effects then" Avita nods. "Guess we're just going to have to kill them." She smiles. "And ignore the Drow. We reckon he was kicked out the Underdark for a damn good reason."
    "For your information, I wasn't even born in the Underdark. Beside unlike those miserable evil Drow, I happen to be a good Drow. But I don't have time to explain my whole life story to you Necro Girl. I'm focusing on the killing on the Zaghifd and complete this mission and Sarim, Andras and I are the only members who's not being a complete fool about this whole situation!"
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2017-03-22 at 03:27 PM.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Eric shoot the Zaghifd with his shortbow.

Attack: (1d20+3)[19]
    Damage: (1d6)[6]
    Sneak Attack: (1d6)[1]

Confirmed Critical:

Attack: (1d20+3)[20]

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Pointedly ignoring the endless bickering at her back, Andras casts a blessing spell, making sure to include these newfound "allies", and moves into the second line, wielding her glaive.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Standard: Casting Bless
    Move: Moving to the second file while drawing the glaive

Show
    It's come to my attention that some people don't know how to pronounce the name of the deity Fharlanghn. It's simple though - you begin with a Ff- sound, then flap your mouth at random as sounds come out. Continue for 2-90 seconds, depending on devoutness and saliva levels.
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

16. - Top - End - #496

"You see? Ignore the Drow". says Avita smoothly. Then draws herself up and notches another arrow. "Where are the drums? These things are supposed to have drummers but I'm not hearing them" She looses an arrow at the tide of Zaghifd.

Spoiler: Twang
    Show
    Attack(1d20+4)[12]
    Damage [roll]1s8[/roll]
    Spoiler: Critstuff if needed
    Show
    Confirm (1d20+4)[13] Extra dam (2d8)[10]

"SARIM! Chopperbloke! You gonna move or do you want my pretty little arse to take point? Oh second thought, don't answer that. Just move."

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

You move in just before the two shield-demons are overwhelmed by the Zaghifd. Both sport a number of minor injuries and their long swords have been painted a deep red by the blood of the "children."

Silvet, who has been strangely quiet, opens her jaw, unleashing a torrent of liquid flame, which melts through the Zaghidf's tender flesh and sticks to them, cooking the monsters from within and restricting their movement. Sarim moves to fill the gap in the shield-demon's ranks, swinging his axe with a roar of enthusiasm. His swing chops one of the Zaghifd cleanly in half. As Andras utters the last word of her spell, the air around her seems to glow, and you feel strength - energy - flowing into your limbs, along with something less tangible, but no less important - confidence. Arrows from Eric and Avita arc over the front line and bury themselves in Zaghifd. Eric's target crumples to the ground, an arrow protruding from it's heart, it's ruined throat puckering, trying to make sound. It is dead. Avita's mark survives it's wound but soon succumbs to it's grievous burns.

The two shield-demons seem more than unhappy to be working with you, but keep dutifully hacking at the Zaghidf. One of them impales a Zaghidf on it's sword, killing the thing.

Ignoring the corpses and their numerous burns, the Zaghifd surge forward, all five limbs flailing in a desperate rush to cause you harm. The corridor is narrow enough that only three of them can reach you at a time, but the ferocity displayed would be impressive, if the creatures themselves weren't so loathsome. The others only achieve in mashing their faces against the demon's shields, but one, somewhat larger than the others, and very much on fire, ducks under Sarim's axe and tears through his armour with it's solitary claw, slicing an enormous gash across his chest.

Show
    Sarim takes 10 damage. Turn back to you guys.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Eric continue to shoot the Zaghifd with his shortbow.

Attack: (1d20+3)[20]
    Damage: (1d6)[6]
    Sneak Attack: (1d6)[6]

Confirmed Critical:

Attack: (1d20+3)[9]

19. - Top - End - #499
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGirl

Sarim stumbles back a step, surprised at such a deep wound, and looks back at the Zagfhid that did it. His face scrunches up as he lets out a monstrous snarl and strikes at the demon with all the power he has.

Show

Entering Rage (+4 str, +4 con(+2 hp per level = 4)) and Power Attacking
    Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+6)[16]
    Damage: (3d6+10)[18]

Spoiler: crit
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+6)[22]
    Damage: (3d6+10)[23] + (3d6+10)[24]

20. - Top - End - #500

"Blue Eyes; keep Sarim on his feet, if you will!" says Avita, trying to put an arrow into the mass of Zaghifd not yet in combat.

Spoiler: Twang
    Show
    Attack (1d20+4)[14]
    Damage (1d8)[3]
    Spoiler: Critty stuff if needed
    Show
    Confirm (1d20+4)[23]
    Extra Dam (2d8)[13]

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Sarim, are you ok?"

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

"You're on your own after this, Sarim!" Andras shouts, releasing the last of her magical energy into Sarim, healing some of his wounds.

Show
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

As the horde attempts to stampede over the front line, you have no choice but to keep fighting. Another volley from Eric and Avita pierce two of the demons, dropping their small bodies to the stone floor. Sarim, rejuvenated by Andras' spell, easily cleaves through the demon that clawed him, yet one more of the Zaghidf steps up to take it's place. Despite their short stature, they do not seem to be intimidated by the ferocious Dworc.

Another blast of fire from Silvet torches half a dozen of the Zaghifd, killing the lot. Their burnt corpses fall to the ground like rag dolls, smoking slightly.

One of the shield-demons hacks off the legs of a hapless Zaghifd, but more charge forward, nearly slipping on their fallen comrades. While the others throw themselves ineffectually against the demon's shields, one manages to seize Sarim's arm with it's head-claw. The much stronger Dworc is able to pull free of the thing's grasp, but not without losing a large strip of skin to the Zaghifd's wicked talons.

Show
    Sarim takes 10 damage (again!). Turn to you guys.

24. - Top - End - #504

"Right! Sarim, step back. Find a rock to throw or something," says Avita, squirming in front of the Dworc. Her hand flares dark as she reaches out to touch the nearest Zaghifd.

Spoiler: Charnal Touch
    Show
    Touch Attack (1d20+3)[23]
    Damage (1d8)[2]
    Spoiler: Crity stuff
    Show
    Confirm (1d20+3)[5]
    Extra Damage (1d8)[4]

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

"Take this!" Andras throws her glaive at Sarim, unslings her crossbow and shoots.

Spoiler: Actions & Rolls
    Show

Free: Drop glaive
    Move: Draw light crossbow
    Standard: Shoot

Attack: (1d20+4)[13]
    Damage: (1d8)[7]

On a 23-24:
    Attack: (1d20+4)[19]
    Damage: (1d8)[3]

HP for level 2: (1d8)[1]

Show
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Die Zaghifd Die! We're going to lose the Dworc by the likes of you!" Eric continue to shoot the Zaghifd with his shortbow.

Attack: (1d20+3)[6]
    Damage: (1d6)[1]
    Sneak Attack: (1d6)[4]

Confirmed Critical:

Attack: (1d20+3)[12]
    Damage: (1d6)[1]

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

As Sarim withdraws, Avita moves up to take his place. Her stream of dark energy hits one of the Zaghifd, causing it to stumble in a moment of weakness, but it recovers and continues fighting, albeit paler than before. Andras' crossbow bolt streaks between the two shield-demons, fatally hitting a demon in the lungs. Eric's arrow goes wide, soaring over the dwindling crowd of frenzied demons, and burying itself between two floor tiles.

Leaning between those in the front line, Silvet lets out a long, continuous wave of flame, burning the two front rows of Zaghifd to a crisp. After a few moments of flailing, they collapse in a pile of cooked flesh.

Only three of the "children" now remain - you have shattered their forces in a matter of seconds. The last survivors clamber over the mound of bodies, still determined to do you harm, but the shield-demons and the rod-bearer charge forward to finish them off, yelling in the Abyssal tongue. Only one of the Zaghifd survives the initial assault, and it is cut down attempting to flee.

The demons turn to you - the terms of your brief alliance now even more unsteady than before - and at a word from the rod-bearer, sheath their weapons, though they appear far from happy about it. One points two fingers in a 'V' shape at its own eyes before jabbing them towards Eric. The rod-bearer steps forwards and speaks, its face composed into something close to a jovial look.

"Thank you for the assistance. I am not ashamed to admit that I and my companions would likely have perished had you not happened along. We owe you a boon. But I'm afraid I must demand the return of that rod, human. It is the object of our quest, and I cannot relinquish it for anything. I can see you very well paid, if that is what you desire."

Behind your group, Emyera is silently cowering, clearly terrified by the situation.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by YossarianLives View Post
    As Sarim withdraws, Avita moves up to take his place. Her stream of dark energy hits one of the Zaghifd, causing it to stumble in a moment of weakness, but it recovers and continues fighting, albeit paler than before. Andras' crossbow bolt streaks between the two shield-demons, fatally hitting a demon in the lungs. Eric's arrow goes wide, soaring over the dwindling crowd of frenzied demons, and burying itself between two floor tiles.

Leaning between those in the front line, Silvet lets out a long, continuous wave of flame, burning the two front rows of Zaghifd to a crisp. After a few moments of flailing, they collapse in a pile of cooked flesh.

Only three of the "children" now remain - you have shattered their forces in a matter of seconds. The last survivors clamber over the mound of bodies, still determined to do you harm, but the shield-demons and the rod-bearer charge forward to finish them off, yelling in the Abyssal tongue. Only one of the Zaghifd survives the initial assault, and it is cut down attempting to flee.

The demons turn to you - the terms of your brief alliance now even more unsteady than before - and at a word from the rod-bearer, sheath their weapons, though they appear far from happy about it. One points two fingers in a 'V' shape at its own eyes before jabbing them towards Eric. The rod-bearer steps forwards and speaks, its face composed into something close to a jovial look.

"Thank you for the assistance. I am not ashamed to admit that I and my companions would likely have perished had you not happened along. We owe you a boon. But I'm afraid I must demand the return of that rod, human. It is the object of our quest, and I cannot relinquish it for anything. I can see you very well paid, if that is what you desire."

Behind your group, Emyera is silently cowering, clearly terrified by the situation.
    Eric is confused about the whole situation. "No need to thank us. We were just doing our jobs."

29. - Top - End - #509

Avita moves to stand between the Demons and Emyera. "Infernal Wisdom", she bows to Emyera. "Is this rod one of those items our master seeks? Is there dispute here?"

She really hopes Emyera says no. Probably they can take the Demons, but with Sarim wounded it's not a good start.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Those Zaghifd were no joke at all. We almost lost Sarim. I hope he's ok and get heal up as quickly as possible."