New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach: Turn Back the Pendulum [IC]

[Kane and Saki]

Kane Shiba laughs heartily. "I would not have married her if she would be bothered by a little kidnapping. We have plans in place for such cases." Kane Shiba begins walking towards the wall, and his honor guard falls into step around them. As they reach the point where Yan Wao Shen and Ana were befor, he bends down to pick something out of the dirt - a small jade bead. "Jade - possible danger, but she believes she is safe." He says, holding up the bead. He smiles broadly. "Surely you did not expect the Necromancer to follow decorum?"

[Yan Wao Shen and Ana]

She falls to a knee for a moment before picking herself back up, breathing hard for a few seconds before visibly composing and slowing her breaths. "What is this place?" It is clear that she does not mean Hueco Mundo, but rather their specific location.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you think he would bother looking, there is a Jade bead on the ground where Ana knelt for a moment.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Shiba Encampment
    Lady Saki raises an eyebrow. Of course. The Shiba's were goodhearted. Not stupid.
    "....Good to know. Unfortunately this brings me back to other matters that I can actually address. Namely, Lord Kuchiki's weapons. First if I am not mistaken, that sword you put into the dirt- its not the same sword you were wielding the last time I visited you. While my information on Lord Kuchiki is that he has been breaking swords more often than usual.

And while yes swords breaking is not unheard of given that that smiths can only do so much, even with the finest steel one can make...swords are expensive, Lord Shiba. Thus they are made to be durable, unlike a spear or an arrow which are easier to make. With proper care, you and Kuchiki should not be going through blades at such a rate. Even the chains on my meteor hammers break at times, and sometimes the string on my bow simply snaps from pulling upon it too hard.

Thus I must conclude that somehow- we're getting too strong for our own weapons. I know not how it is possible- perhaps spirits can achieve greater strength than the living when unbound from the mere terrestrial Earth? But it is the only one I can conclude, after all the Noble clans of Soul Society have the best smiths that ever died. And now you claim that Lord Kuchiki has made weapons that break other blades instead of his own. Meaning somehow, Kuchiki has found some sword capable of withstanding his strength. Some process of forging it that makes the sword stronger than anything made before.

However, even if we do find a way for me and him to work together- its always good to have more than one way of defeating your foes. We can ask him about his new weapons when we get back...I want to focus on our growing strength itself. I ask instead Lord Shiba: what if we don't really need our weapons now? What if we can simply break things as hard as steel using our fists alone, if we simply find out how?"

That and if her hunch was right....she might not need to steal Kuchiki's weapons to get even with him.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Yan Wao Shen: The Roots of the World

The Necromacer pauses, turning back to stare at Ana as its eyes gleam in the darkness. "A blind spot." The Necromancer then turns once more, striding slowly towards one of the many statues that line the walls. "The only place the Soul King cannot see. This also means that your attempts to mark this location will come to nothing. I alone know the pathway that leads here. No spell can reveal it. A condition of my assistance, you must not speak of this place or what we speak of here. Even to your husband."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Lord Kuchili recoils mildly as Kuang reveals its hideous form. "The only trouble in our journey is caused by you", Lord Kuchiki says flatly. "It's a rare occasion for a hungry ghost to have any concept of a 'master'. Let me guess, it was that vermin from the swamp who sent you?"
    Kung Smiles, a truly disturbing experience. "Indeed it was."
    Spoiler: Quotes in the Playground!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have scented hand towels.
    I thought you were supposed to have cookies. I was promised cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

"For a person pretending to so concerned with my family's fate, that vermin has bizarre idea of what would improve my perception of it", Lord Kuchiki says coldy. "Sending a hungry ghost to stalk me certainly doesn't help its reputation."

"Be gone! What me and mine are doing here is none your business. If you do not heed this warning, I will remove your head from your shoulders!"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu is getting up, prepared to dash and slice the Hollow.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

[Kane and Saki]

"I would not trust my arms to block sword blows. Seems like a quick way to lose them. Still, you are correct. Our strength is far greater than it once was. The fact remains that we must find a way to replicate, or failing that counter, these new blades of his. Ideas?"

[Yan Wao Shen and Ana]

"You seem to enjoy making changes to our previous agreements. If he does not ask, I will not tell him. Should this place become needed, however, I will not allow my family to suffer when it could save them. You and I both know the Soul King will not go quietly to his prison." There is a note of anger in Ana's voice. "I know how to keep secrets. Now let us do what we came here to do."

8. - Top - End - #218

NecromancerGuy

"For a person pretending to so concerned with my family's fate, that vermin has bizarre idea of what would improve my perception of it", Lord Kuchiki says coldy. "Sending a hungry ghost to stalk me certainly doesn't help its reputation."

"Be gone! What me and mine are doing here is none your business. If you do not heed this warning, I will remove your head from your shoulders!"
    Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Qiu is getting up, prepared to dash and slice the Hollow.
    Kuang's smile doesn't fade. "Certainly, Lord Kuchiki."

He steps back into the shadows. Within a few seconds, the rustling of leaves indicates his exit.
    Show
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    [Yan Wao Shen and Ana]

"You seem to enjoy making changes to our previous agreements. If he does not ask, I will not tell him. Should this place become needed, however, I will not allow my family to suffer when it could save them. You and I both know the Soul King will not go quietly to his prison." There is a note of anger in Ana's voice. "I know how to keep secrets. Now let us do what we came here to do."
    "It is no change. Merely a term of conditions. It is not who you tell. Did you not hear child? This place and this place alone is unseen by the Soul King. When we return, whatever you say shall be heard. We begin the foundation for its demise here. Would you tell a man you wished to kill your every move before you made it?" The Necromancer remains cool, its monotone baritone remaining steady. All the while it keeps its back to the Balancer Lady, gazing up at one of the impossibly large statues. With a motion of its hand, the blade piercing the statues chest glows with foul energies as the grinding of stone on stone screeches through the caverns. With little fanfaire the weapon pulls free with a deluge of rainbow fluid spraying out like a waterfall around the blade, the Necromancer falling to its knees as the blade's tip plunges into the stone floor with a thud. Once there it quickly shrinks down to a more manageable size, the size of a simple dagger, red hot and sizzling.

"At the heart of the Southern Swamps lies a heart. Beating, fresh, exposed. All one needs to do is plunge that blade into the heart and the wound on the Afterlife will die and with it...the first tether that links the Soul King and its realm will be cleaved free. Without its connection to the Afterlife, we will be free to move and speak as we wish. No Hollow, children of the Soul King, will dare approach the wielder of that blade. They will be terrified by it."

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    "It is no change. Merely a term of conditions. It is not who you tell. Did you not hear child? This place and this place alone is unseen by the Soul King. When we return, whatever you say shall be heard. We begin the foundation for its demise here. Would you tell a man you wished to kill your every move before you made it?" The Necromancer remains cool, its monotone baritone remaining steady. All the while it keeps its back to the Balancer Lady, gazing up at one of the impossibly large statues. With a motion of its hand, the blade piercing the statues chest glows with foul energies as the grinding of stone on stone screeches through the caverns. With little fanfaire the weapon pulls free with a deluge of rainbow fluid spraying out like a waterfall around the blade, the Necromancer falling to its knees as the blade's tip plunges into the stone floor with a thud. Once there it quickly shrinks down to a more manageable size, the size of a simple dagger, red hot and sizzling.

"At the heart of the Southern Swamps lies a heart. Beating, fresh, exposed. All one needs to do is plunge that blade into the heart and the wound on the Afterlife will die and with it...the first tether that links the Soul King and its realm will be cleaved free. Without its connection to the Afterlife, we will be free to move and speak as we wish. No Hollow, children of the Soul King, will dare approach the wielder of that blade. They will be terrified by it."
    [Yan Wao Shen and Ana]

"Trust comes hard to you, I'm sure. Trust me now, as we are allies. I will not reveal this secret save in the most dire of circumstance, and certainly not where it might imperil me and mine. Or our purpose." She adds almost as an afterthought.

Ana eyes the dagger cautiously. "No great power comes without a cost. When the deed is done? What of this weapon then?" She pauses for a moment but before the Necromancer can answer adds, "How is the Scar part of the Soul King's power?"

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

The Necromancer stands, slowly and with great effort, as the spray slowly dies back to a trickle. "Trust cannot exist when you see the flow of time. A curse I am sure you know well." Impossibly slow the creature turns to face Ana, breath labored and ragged. "I will take the blade and place it back where it belongs." It motions behind itself to the statue and the now empty slot within its chest. "And who ever slew the heart will be marked as least in the Eyes of the Soul King. But we will have sealed those away...no harm will come."

With profound difficulty the Necromancer seems to bring itself back to its stoic self, feet shuffling softly against the damp rocks to loom once more over its guest. "The Southern Swamps are a sickness, a festering of where the Corpse Dragon and the Hero fought and died. For a thousand lifetimes, and a thousand more, the two fought. The Hero would bless the realm with its favor and fortune and the Corpse Beast...the Corpse Dragon would hunger over the fertile grains and clean water. For a thousand lifetimes and a thousand more the Corpse Dragon would spread its darkness over the soil, devour the friends of the Hero and bring destruction to all it saw fit to see. Then the Hero would fell the best and in so doing, die. For a thousand lifetimes and a thousand more they would be reborn. Creation. Destruction. They are merely elements of Creation and they were merely tools to enact this will.

But over time the Hero...the hero noticed that with each rebirth a little of the Corpse Dragon was in it. And the Corpse Dragon, a little of the Hero. In time the Hero feared their roles would reverse, that it would become the monster it so despised. So. The Hero made a plan. Over a thousand lifetimes it broke the boundaries of the world and divided them. The Afterlife. The Mortal World. Hueco Mundo. With its power to create, it divided and forever after the worlds were reborn with it. But the Corpse Dragon was growing wise and it too formed a realm of its own. It could not create but it could break and so tore a chunk from the Afterlife to make its realm. That place now bears the name of the Southern Swamps. It has gone by many others. In many lifetimes.

And with each rebirth the Hero and the Corpse Dragon continued their slow dance. Yet the dance, each time the music played, grew weak. The Corpse Dragon and the Hero were losing power as they approached their Apotheosis. The closer they drew, the further removed from the Creation they became. Until the Hero was nothing more than a powerful soul and the Coprse Beast...until the Corpse Dragon became the Soul King. Powerless to effect the three realms yet vital. A lynchpin that can do nothing but wait for the time it becomes the Hero and the Hero...the Enemy. We are on the eve of its climactic battle Lady Ana. Here and now, should the Soul King destroy the world it will become supreme and the cycle of destruction shall continue forever. Unless we act, unless we trap the Soul King in its small realm. Until it is asleep...only then will Creation be allowed to progress. Only then will we all be free of this vicious cycle. With that dagger we begin that mighty work. With it we will seal the Royal Realm closed about the creature, and in so doing buy ourselves the time to finish a vast and terrible ritual. It is the only way."
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-05-01 at 03:45 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

[Kane and Saki]
    "Hm. Replication....We need more information for that. How do you know of these weapons? What can you tell me of them? Any small detail might be important. My spies did not mention them, only of Yao's and your warnings, and that Kuchiki came by here, not believing you or Yao. Which I still can't quite believe me and him agree upon.

As for countering....I've heard of tales of sorcery, that there are people out there capable of making miracles with nothing but incantations and will. I guess I could investigate them. Perhaps some sorcery could help us figure out the weapon replication problem? If we can find such magic. The risk taker in me would try to cut a deal with Yao, he seems to have such power but we of course cannot contact him right now.

In short: I think we need more information. Whether by somehow investigating Kuchiki himself, figuring out what sorcery is or if we're being very daring and audacious, somehow get some information right out from under Yao or the Soul Kings nose. They are the two most powerful beings around it seems and secrets gather to power like moths to flame."

Saki pours herself a drink of wine and sips it as she thinks.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

[Earth; on the way to Rome]

Lord Kuchiki stands still for a long while, glaring at the direction where Kuang wanderes off to untill he can sense the Hollow no more. As neither can he hear sounds of battle, he presumes Qiu Tao has stayed his blade. Wordlessly, Lord Kuchiki turns and resumes running along his original course, confident his willing servant will catch up with him.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

[Yan Wao Shen and Ana]
    "And what of this Hero, so close to becoming the Evil it fought?" Ana says with a single eyebrow raised at the Necromancer. She draws the dagger from the sand, sheathing it at her back. "I will strike the blow. I cannot... will not ask it of another. The cost is mine to bear, to protect what I love."

[Kane and Saki]
    "The key is his new pet, the swordsman. First to draw his weapon, and his sword was the same as Kuchiki's blade, at least in terms of spiritual pressure. There is no way this newcomer would have been trusted with such a weapon second only to Kuchiki, so he must be the source." Kane Shiba grins broadly and with a wink remarks. "Its amazing what you can learn when people think you're just a dumb barbarian." He calls over the manservant, who pours him only water. It has been over a decade since Kane Shiba last allowed alcohol of any form to pass his lips. He drinks deeply of the cool water, then sets it down, leaning back the chair as he does so. "I have no gift nor interest overmuch in magics. My wife, however, would be far more likely to pursue such a path. Given that the Necromancer seems to have taken her for some special purpose, perhaps she is your avenue of approach in that regard." A dark look passes the Lord Shiba's face for a moment before his normal, jovial expression returns. "I've been thus far unable to find her any teacher who could help."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

"I hope the Hero too will find time to rest. Now come, your husband is no doubt growing tired of his company and there are things here that care not for your presence."
    The Necromancer sweeps a tired hand over the shadows and as before the world grows dark, only the soft fires along the Encampment's walls coming to bear once it clears but Ana is alone with no sign of where or when the Necromancer departed.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Lord Kuchiki stands still for a long while, glaring at the direction where Kuang wanderes off to untill he can sense the Hollow no more. As neither can he hear sounds of battle, he presumes Qiu Tao has stayed his blade. Wordlessly, Lord Kuchiki turns and resumes running along his original course, confident his willing servant will catch up with him.
    Qiu unsheating the sword, and silently follow his master.

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

[Kane and Saki]
    "Hm. That makes sense. If its someone completely new and of no particular rank as to be just a Lord's servant, then its no wonder we have no information on it. Yao doesn't seem to know what it is either, judging by the fact that he has been here talking to you and you don't know what it is, if he knew I'd bet all my lands he'd be offering it as a form of power rather than the walls or at least in addition to them. Whatever those swords are, they are completely new, and only Lord Kuchiki and his servant knows what they are. and Shiba, I've talked with you long enough to know your anything but a dumb barbarian. You have brains to go with the brawn and heart. But then again I'd say its amazing what you learn when people think your nothing but a drunken decadent fool."
    She takes another sip and continues. Nanami raises her eyebrow thinking that is because she IS a drunken decadent fool, but says nothing.
    "And spiritual pressure? These swords have a certain kind of spiritual pressure? Hm. Interesting. That implies that somehow, they have manipulated the souls of those swords. In theory everything in Heaven and Earth has a soul. Which means there must be a method to manipulating the soul of swords or at least making swords whose souls can be manipulated."
    She frowns as she thinks upon the information more.
    "The only concern, is that you say he was the first to draw blade. That implies he leaped to Kuchiki's defense. For whatever reason, he is utterly loyal to Kuchiki. This makes things complicated, as that means he is probably not going to share the secret with anyone else or go to anyone's elses side. Which means...we have to do something to make Kuchiki give up the secret to us. Kuchiki is the one truly in control of the secret, and I doubt he will just give it to us out of the goodness of his heart. Therefore we must somehow convince him that its in his best interests for us to have the secret of those blades as well. Given who Lord Kuchiki is, I see that being a hard sell coming from people like us. Any ideas?

While as for finding a teacher....I'll see whom my forces I can find..."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

[Kane and Saki]

"He's going to see the Soul King now. He'll either return begging for allies, trying to kill us, or not at all." Kane Shiba shrugged. "We could always drug the lapdog and wrench it from his mind? He tried to kill my wife and myself. I'm not inclined to do him any favors right now."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

[Kane and Saki]
    "Ok then, my men have sedatives for that. I can just send for a team of my men to lie in wait for his return in case he comes trying to kill us all as a trap for him with darts for his lapdog and we fill them both with drugs through darts and needles, and take them into our custody. He can't possibly evade them all. The only problem is if he doesn't return. Then we both lose the new swords, Kuchiki and if I'm humoring your strange visions, the future as well.

For that, we might need to send men to retrieve his lapdog early in case Kuchiki dies, but if we do that he might consider us enemies for sure. Perhaps the team should be sent to watch him and try to retrieve them both to be taken back to our custody if they judge him to acting against our interests? A Lord Kuchiki who confirms that the Soul King is going to kill us but does something stupid against the Soul King because of it is just as detrimental to the cause as one who returns still loyal try to use his new weapon to kill us all. The advanced warning in case he does try that would also come in handy."

She takes another drink her goblet of wine, plans already forming in her mind.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Lord Kuchiki nods silently when Qiu Tao reaches him. As the pair continues running, the uninhabited wilderness makes way for farmlands and villages, and then to the hills upon which stands the city at the heart of this country.

"Pay no heed to the living. They cannot see you", Lord Kuchiki instructs, "However, if you see any of the dead, take them with you. They are marked by the chains on their chests. I will fetch that which we came for."

With those words, Lord Kuchiki blurs away, moving through the streets softly and quickly like a shadow fleeing from sunlight as he heads for the Son of the Soul King...

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu nodded, acnowledging Kuchiki's commands. Now, for the first time, he had time to think about... his death.
    Now he was an alien being, to be more alien than that, was probably impossible- running as shadow at lands which chinese only had heard as myth from the most daring merchants, not even alive anymore.
    But dead?
    Now. Qiu was just diffrent.
    But Kuchiki was more diffrent and alien Master, than any he had in seven life times.

He hoped Tsunyi...
    no.
    Qiu won't think about her.
    He ran silently as another shadow of Kuchiki.

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

[Kane, Ana and Saki]

The Lord Shiba opens his mouth to reply when a voice from outside says softly, "Did I hear someone making plans to poison people without me?" The door is pulled aside to reveal the form of Lady Ana Shiba, returned from her voyage else-wheres. Kane Shiba smiles broadly at his wife and there is a gleam in his eyes of joy like the first time a child beholds snow. "Advance warning would be an excellent idea." he says almost offhandedly, his eyes never leaving his wife. There is a long moment of silent conversation, then the two turn back to their guest. "Where were we?"

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

[Two Shibas and A Saki]
    Saki looks at Nanami, frowning with a raised eyebrow while the Shiba's have their moment, wondering why she can't have a relationship like that. I mean, its not as if she could marry Nanami or one of her concubines, even she could not get away with not providing an heir. Nor did she love Akio or was even attracted to him, he was just there to fulfill the needs of the House and that was the end of it. Nor was it as if Nanami would ever allow her to get close and insist upon being a professional bodyguard. Such was her problem. But, back to business. She turns her head back to the Shibas at the question.
    "Ah yes, the lovely Lady Ana Shiba. Glad to see you back. We were discussing an alliance, how to counter or replicate Kuchiki's weapons, and was basically heading in the direction of basically sending a few men to track and watch Kuchiki from the shadows, knock him and his weird new sword making lapdog out if they do anything stupid and bring them back to us, with added instructions to send us advance warning if they're being detrimental. Shall I send my own men, or do you think we can pull off a joint effort?"
    Saki sips the last of her wine at this question.

24. - Top - End - #234

NecromancerGuy

Lord Kuchiki nods silently when Qiu Tao reaches him. As the pair continues running, the uninhabited wilderness makes way for farmlands and villages, and then to the hills upon which stands the city at the heart of this country.

"Pay no heed to the living. They cannot see you", Lord Kuchiki instructs, "However, if you see any of the dead, take them with you. They are marked by the chains on their chests. I will fetch that which we came for."

With those words, Lord Kuchiki blurs away, moving through the streets softly and quickly like a shadow fleeing from sunlight as he heads for the Son of the Soul King...
    Earth; Rome

Ezekiel walks back to his forge, whistling a tune under his breath. A bundle of firewood sits on his shoulder, and his simple axe is stuck in his belt. He pauses and looks up, unable to shake the feeling that something's coming. Something strong.

Eh. Ezekiel turns back and keeps walking.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

As Ezekiel nears his forge, he sees a man waiting for him, dressed in foreign bronze armor, with a sword to his side, carrying a backpack roughly similar to soldiers on a march. His face is obscured by visor of the helmet, a gleaming white scarf around his neck. Despite standing in the shade, not a single feature is obscured, as if he is glowing with light of his own.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Qiu stood by his Master side. Despite being wide and taller than two meters his form didn't casted a shade. He wore decorated robes very diffrent from the togas that roman nobles used to wear, and yet he was looking noble. Of what people and what kingdom? It wasn't clear. Even the color of his skin was probably alien to Ezkiel. A sheated sword were tied to his sash. He stood, stoic with cold steel eyes. Eyes which fit a veteran Legat or maybe even more.

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #237

NecromancerGuy

Ezekiel slowly sets his bundle of firewood on the ground, doing his best not to run away screaming. "Ummm... hello?"
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    [Two Shibas and A Saki]
    Saki looks at Nanami, frowning with a raised eyebrow while the Shiba's have their moment, wondering why she can't have a relationship like that. I mean, its not as if she could marry Nanami or one of her concubines, even she could not get away with not providing an heir. Nor did she love Akio or was even attracted to him, he was just there to fulfill the needs of the House and that was the end of it. Nor was it as if Nanami would ever allow her to get close and insist upon being a professional bodyguard. Such was her problem. But, back to business. She turns her head back to the Shibas at the question.
    "Ah yes, the lovely Lady Ana Shiba. Glad to see you back. We were discussing an alliance, how to counter or replicate Kuchiki's weapons, and was basically heading in the direction of basically sending a few men to track and watch Kuchiki from the shadows, knock him and his weird new sword making lapdog out if they do anything stupid and bring them back to us, with added instructions to send us advance warning if they're being detrimental. Shall I send my own men, or do you think we can pull off a joint effort?"
    Saki sips the last of her wine at this question.
    "A joint operation may be best. I would prefer to avoid making open enemies through action, but we will need experts who can take such action if necessary. I can attest first hand the deadliness of those weapons. They are not to be taken lightly. Do you have any suggestions, Lady Saki?" Kane Shiba says slowly, all business now.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2017-05-05 at 09:36 AM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Yan Wao Shen: The Afterlife Wilderness - Necromancy and Demonology

The Necromancer, having left the Lady Ana in the byways of darkness, took its leave to the outskirts of the Afterlife where no Lord held sway. It was not a random choice, the Shionin weren't the only ones with spies and methods of keeping track of others after all. The one known as Tasnim Abdulrashid or "the Demon" was near. The location of other powerful sorcerers was always a boon and so it was the Necromancer came to her camp.

"Demon" it called from the shadows, settling just outside the sorcerer's camp, its baleful eyes gleaming in the murk. "Pray chance I may join you at your fire."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

[Two Shibas and a Saki]
    "True. But no matter how great the sword, its still a sword. We send men to keep out of range with bows using arrows laced with sedatives, blowdarts, chakrams, whatever we can throw at them, traps and so on to knock them out, and they will will have to face the same problem every swordsman does. That and whoever said they get to know they are being attacked if it comes to that? Ambush them as fast as possible, Keep a distance, keep hidden, don't bother bringing close combat weapons if they are really so strong, be prepared with as many tools as you can to turn the situation to our favor."
    Saki suggests, not knowing how much these tactics might catch on someday with certain other people as she takes another sip of wine.
    "I mean its just sense right? You don't send swordsmen to beat swordsmen, you send archers to beat swordsmen."