New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Bloody Maiden

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Bloody Maiden

this build was inspired by video game mechanics of bleed: were with each, the character deals more damage with each attack.

got to love the absence of Real armor

Bloody Maiden

The blood maiden a powerful enemy, each cut inches you closer to your inevitable doom, it is said that a look at you is all it takes to seal your doom.
    Good luck, young adventure, be careful of the queen of blood, for she is not a demon of the abyss or a vamoire of the night, but a Elan of the mind, she will find that one thing that makes you live, and steal it way.

<{:The build:}>

:Race:
    Elan
    Classes:
    Warblade 6 / bloodclaw master 5 / Disiple of Dispater 9
    :ability scores priority:
    Con: 18 +6 (24/7)
    Int: 18 +6 (24/7)
    Str: 16 +6 (22/6)
    Dex: 16 +6 (22/6)
    Wis: 14 +6 (20/5)
    Cha: 12 -2 +6 (16/3)
    :Feats:
    Flaw{vulnerable}: combat expertise
    Flaw{vulnerable}: Disciple of darkness
    1: Weapon focus (light mace)
    3: Two weapon fighting
    6: Lightning mace
    9: power attack
    12: Flay foe
    15: Brand of hell (Mephistopheles)
    18: Mark of cania
    :Class abilities:
    Warblade:
    Battle clarity-int to Reflex saves
    Weapon alpitude- treated as lvl 5 for fighter feats, can change feats for specific weapons
    uncanny dodge
    Battle ardor- int to critical confirmation (very useful for this build)
    bonus feat: Combat reflexes
    bloodclaw master:
    Shifting 3/day
    Claws of the beast
    Superioir Two weapon fighting
    tiger claw synergy
    Pouncing attack
    low light vision
    Rending claws
    Scent
    Disiple of Dispater:
    device lore
    Iron hews
    Rusting grasp
    Iron power +2
    Summon eryines
    Greater Iron hew
    Ironskin
    :items:
    weapons= (2) +1 ravenous, alpitude flensing Kukris
    Magic items: Belt of mag +6
    Boots of levitation

Headband of comprehend languages and read magic
    Gloves of the balanced hand
    neck dress of natural armor +5

Bam then there was blood everywhere:
    first attack of the round with the kukri, attack +18 BAB +1 (WF) + (str) +2 insight (DoD) with a damage of 1d4 +(str) + 2 insight (DoD) +1 (alpitude+ imp crit) and a crit range of 6-20(18-20=3 number *5 becuse of the combination of imp crit and Iron power= 15 numbers= ) and a critical mult of *2 from kukris, but it gets better, with the second attack it has all the same with more, if the first attack hit then he gets a +1 to damage due to flay foe and +2d6 due to ravenous weapon speacial quality, if it did not hit then she takes -1 to her ac but gains +1 bonus on attack rolls, damage rolls, saves, and checks due to the Mark of Cania feat. on any attack if she rolls anything above a 5 she gains another attack and if she does crit with comfermation(remember she gains her int to her crit comfirmation) she gains another attack due to Lightning maces and she gains a bonus to attack and damage which is comes from her blood in the water stance

in short
    1st attack) 21+str attack roll, dmg of 1d4 +3 + str, crit range of 6-20, crit bonus of *2
    2nd attack if first attak hits but not crit) 21+str attack roll, dmg of 1d4 +3 + str +1 +2d6 , crit range of 6-20, crit bonus of *2
    2nd attack if first attak hits with crit) 21+str attack roll +1 , dmg of 1d4 +3 + str +1, crit range of 6-20, crit bonus of *2
    (if rolled 5 or higher) 21 +str + (however many crits has been achived when in blood in the water stance) +1 per number of attack that had hit that round

she could verry well kill anyone with this combo because it basicaly gives her a verry aburently high amount of attack in one round, she starts with4 attack but gains more attack, more damage per attack that hits

:summon the Blood Eyrines of hell 1/day
    summon erynes 1d4 of them
    but these eyrines wield +1 ravenous longswords being a paticular group of Dispater aresinal granted to the bloody maiden of dispater

For the love of blood
    3/day she can activate, shifter, Mephistopheles brand, and greater iron hews, Rending claws
    to get
    Claw attacks that deal 1d4 dmg +2 str , +1d6 fire dmg with weapons, +1d6 dmg +1d4 con dmg +1d4 cha dmg, +6 to attacks= +2 str/ +6 to attack/ 1d4+1d6 fire claw attacks

Re-gain the power of hell
    use a swift action to re gain her manveurs the the rest of the round as the first combo.

Anything you would do differently?
    Last edited by D&DPrinceTandem; 2017-01-18 at 04:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flappeercraft
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Bloody Maiden

*Bumb*

Any questions? anything I did against the rules?
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Devil

How are you qualifying for Brand of the Nine Hells?

Also, you might not be getting more responses because Lightning Mace Aptitude Kukris and Dispater is basically "Les Mis" of optomization forums for 'cool **** to do as a mundane".

(if you're struggling with what I mean by that, it is a 'tale as old as time', and old news)
    Last edited by Vaz; 2017-01-18 at 06:18 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

How are you getting your crit range improved to 6-20?
    18-20 Kukri
    15-20 Kukri w/ Improved Critical or Iron Power 1
    12-20 Kukri w/ Imp Crit and Iron Power 1
    09-20 Kukri w/ Imp Crit and Iron Power 2
    My Homebrew and Extended Signature
    Current avatar: Charza Sahlaren, by gr8artist

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by gr8artist View Post
    How are you getting your crit range improved to 6-20?
    18-20 Kukri
    15-20 Kukri w/ Improved Critical or Iron Power 1
    12-20 Kukri w/ Imp Crit and Iron Power 1
    09-20 Kukri w/ Imp Crit and Iron Power 2
    i think i used the wrong math system but here is my math, please tell me whats wrong about it?

18-20 is 3 numbers, IC doubles this number and Iron power adds *3 to this so it would be 3x5= 15 numbers 6-20
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

One thing to note: Not all DMs allow lightning mace to be used the way you are using it. Some read the warblade as allowing you to take a feat that COULD be applied to any weapon (such as weapon focus) and shift which weapon it applies to. Lightning mace applies when you threaten a crit when dual wielding light maces, not dual wielding "Any chosen weapon".

Check with the DM how they apply the Warblade class feature to that feat before you decide if this is what you want to build. Course if your the DM you can just do what ever you want...
    Few things are more disturbing to a dragon than to be attacked by a naked gnome slathered in BBQ sauce.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    One thing to note: Not all DMs allow lightning mace to be used the way you are using it. Some read the warblade as allowing you to take a feat that COULD be applied to any weapon (such as weapon focus) and shift which weapon it applies to. Lightning mace applies when you threaten a crit when dual wielding light maces, not dual wielding "Any chosen weapon".

Check with the DM how they apply the Warblade class feature to that feat before you decide if this is what you want to build. Course if your the DM you can just do what ever you want...
    oh no I'm using alpitude weapon to get that
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

8. - Top - End - #8

I believe the word you're looking for it "Aptitude" not "Alpitude".
    Second, multipliers in D&D always work on the base value.
    If I have 2 abilities that double (x2) my damage, they don't let me deal quadruple (x4) my damage. Combined (if possible) they let me deal triple (x3) damage.
    Think of each ability that allows you to deal double damage as instead dealing +100% damage. Greater multipliers are calculated the same way, with triple (x3) being +200%, quadruple (x4) being +300%, etc.

Double (x2) = 100% + 100% = 200% damage (x2)
    Triple (x3) = 100% + 200% = 300% damage (x3)
    Quadruple (x4) = 100% + 300% = 400% damage (x4)

Double (x2) and Double (x2) = 100% + 100% + 100% = 300% damage (x3)
    Double (x2) and Triple (x3) = 100% + 100% + 200% = 400% damage (x4)
    Triple (x3) and Triple (x3) = 100% + 200% + 200% = 500% damage (x5)
    Double (x2) and Quadruple (x4) = 100 + 100% + 300% = 500% damage (x5)

18-20 is 3 numbers, IC doubles this number and Iron power adds *3 to this so it would be 3x5= 15 numbers 6-20
    Imp. Critical doubles (x2, +100%) your crit range (base 3).
    3 + 3 = 6 (would threaten on 15-20)

Iron Power triples (x3, +200%) your crit range.
    3 + 6 = 9 (would threaten on 12-20)

Combined, they quadruple (x4, +300%) your crit range.
    3 + 3 + 6 = 12 (would threaten on 9-20)

Hope that helps
    Last edited by gr8artist; 2017-01-19 at 09:03 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post

It's not the warblade ability that does this, it's the aptitude weapon ability which reads " A wielder who has feats that affect the use of a particular type of weapon [...] can apply the benefits of those feats to any weapon that has the aptitude quality". Note it doesn't say "Any feat that requires the user to choose a weapon" it says "that affect the use of a particular type of weapon", thus aptitude kukris should work fine with lightning maces.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by gr8artist View Post
    I believe the word you're looking for it "Aptitude" not "Alpitude".
    Second, multipliers in D&D always work on the base value.
    If I have 2 abilities that double (x2) my damage, they don't let me deal quadruple (x4) my damage. Combined (if possible) they let me deal triple (x3) damage.
    Think of each ability that allows you to deal double damage as instead dealing +100% damage. Greater multipliers are calculated the same way, with triple (x3) being +200%, quadruple (x4) being +300%, etc.

Double (x2) = 100% + 100% = 200% damage (x2)
    Triple (x3) = 100% + 200% = 300% damage (x3)
    Quadruple (x4) = 100% + 300% = 400% damage (x4)

Double (x2) and Double (x2) = 100% + 100% + 100% = 300% damage (x3)
    Double (x2) and Triple (x3) = 100% + 100% + 200% = 400% damage (x4)
    Triple (x3) and Triple (x3) = 100% + 200% + 200% = 500% damage (x5)
    Double (x2) and Quadruple (x4) = 100 + 100% + 300% = 500% damage (x5)

Imp. Critical doubles (x2, +100%) your crit range (base 3).
    3 + 3 = 6 (would threaten on 15-20)

Iron Power triples (x3, +200%) your crit range.
    3 + 6 = 9 (would threaten on 12-20)

Combined, they quadruple (x4, +300%) your crit range.
    3 + 3 + 6 = 12 (would threaten on 9-20)

Hope that helps
    So an easier way to explain this would be:

If you have 2 multiplers that stack minus each by 1 and add them together, bam! you have what you multiple by.
    Last edited by D&DPrinceTandem; 2017-01-19 at 09:53 PM.
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by D&DPrinceTandem View Post
    So an easier way to explain this would be:

If you have 2 multiplers that stack minus each by 1 and add them together, bam! you have what you multiple by.
    Close.
    If you have 2 multipliers that stack, subtract 1 from each and add them together. Add 1 to the total for the final multiplier.

(x2) would be 2 - 1 = 1
    (x2) would be 2 - 1 = 1
    adding those together would only get you "2", but the combined multiplier should be x3.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by D&DPrinceTandem View Post
    *Bump*
    Any questions? Anything I did against the rules?
    In a short list?

You have no way of qualifying for brand of the nine hells or mark of cania.
    You used Disciple of Dispater 9 & 10 instead of something like warblade 7th / anything else 1
    You dove for the TO of lightning maces but didn't come up with nearly infinite attacks somehow.
    You think the bleed mechanics are critical hits, example.
    You flavor it as being able to kill at a glance too but it can't do anything of the sort, example.
    You are also not the first one to consider blood in the water and 3rd's outdated rules on stacking critical ranges. Did you consider favored critical?

Score: Hi and welcome to character optimization, thank you for your first submission. In the coming months I hope you'll continue to submit better and better builds as you learn the game and all of us can continue to watch you grow. I hope to see you around. :)
    Last edited by Mato; 2017-01-20 at 12:17 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    In a short list?

You have no way of qualifying for brand of the nine hells or mark of cania.
    You used Disciple of Dispater 9 & 10 instead of something like warblade 7th / anything else 1
    You dove for the TO of lightning maces but didn't come up with nearly infinite attacks somehow.
    You think the bleed mechanics are critical hits, example.
    You flavor it as being able to kill at a glance too but it can't do anything of the sort, example.
    You are also not the first one to consider blood in the water and 3rd's outdated rules on stacking critical ranges. Did you consider favored critical?

Score: Hi and welcome to character optimization, thank you for your first submission. In the coming months I hope you'll continue to submit better and better builds as you learn the game and all of us can continue to watch you grow. I hope to see you around. :)
    agreeable, the character is supposed to be a villain, it would need to be dm approved.
    I don't see how this is bad, it was to get extra minions.
    It wasn't the objective, which was to make a build who's attacks got stronger with every hit which it did accomplish.
    Again not the objective, more damage with each hit, Crit hit was used to do more attacks and with each successful crit deal more dmg.
    Objective was not to kill at a glance.
    i know this and no i didn't consider.

Hello, This is not my first submission but its in the first 3 (i believe). I do to hope to get better at this. Thank you. :)

Knight Solaire

don't think the next ones count as a full build, it's the building processes of said build
    Totemis optimization help?

This isn't a build but it is a trick i (think i) discover
    Psionic body + Feat Leech= Infinte Hp???

NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO