New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,497 of 1497
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A City of Sinister Delights IC

"The former House of Knowledge? Great", he says and nods, "That help. Thanks, kids".

He open his bag pouch and throw one gold coin to her. He stop for a moment and, feeling a little bit generous, throw a second one, "Have a good day, Fox".

He move away with Sasha and once away from earshot he look at the tigress, "See? The boss is on fire!" He then heads towards the burnt ruins of Hannah's House of Knowledge.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

@Locke: The woman eyes your belt as you mention what you found in the cell below the school and stands her ground as you as you calculate the distance towards her.

She is far away, but not that far enough that you can't catch her with a well placed fist.

The hooded figure remains in place as pieces of asphalt rise in your wake, your legs propelling you like a bullet towards her and your hand ready to strike her vitals. she mentioned Kyle, who has been missing...

Now she definitely has your attention.

The woman stands in place as you get ever closer and it is at the last second, that she simply sidesteps you, leaving you quite open for an attack.

"You missed...""

@Folkir: You watch Locke run towards the mystery woman and miss as she simply evades his fist.

So it's another day in The Mercy... but without pay. Still, she might be able to provide some sport.

The alley isn't that wide and you should be able to reach her as you seemingly run away from the fight... only to gain some momentum.

The beams in these old buildings should provide enough support for your bulk as you ricochet one and aim your axe towards the woman as she calmly raises her head towards you above.

Interesting... how can he leap that high?

The axe comes down and major portions of the ground explode in chunks of asphalt as you bring forth massive destruction, enough to cause the alley to quake as the dust settles and you watch Locke covered in dust and recoiling his fist in slow motion as the woman stands a few inches away from your dangerous blade.

"I praise you on your strength and determination dwarf. Truly impressive...""

Round 1

@Folkir: The woman keeps her eyes on Locke and grabs you by the neck, squeezing really hard. Her grip is unlike anything you have felt before, as she literally raises you off the ground and addresses you:

"... but victory in battle requires more than that. It requires Power. An element you lack."

You can barely breathe as the woman pulls you towards her and then let's go with the strength of a Hurricane, tossing you at least ten feet against the alley wall, causing debris to fall around you.

Spoiler: Monstrous Grip
    Show
    28 damage plus Reflex Dc equal damage dealt or fall back 10ft. and remain prone

@Locke:
    That guy must weigh a ton and she threw him around like a rag doll! This is no mere Mercyfolk, that's for sure.

"Locke Decaldris, give me that diary and you and the Terra Sapiens get to walk away with your lives.""

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    ???
    Locke*
    Folkir

When your names are bolded in initiative, you get to act.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

@Drakan: Zinna Shielheart catches both gold coins and waves to both of you.

"..and god bless ya! Everyone!""

Damn kid would steal you blind any other day, but The Freckled Fox gained that nickname by not being stupid. You alone? She might try to get greedy.

Sasha by your side... that's another story.

The Crimson Tigress watches the sky and sniffs the air, with black clouds covering the sun.

"Ashes... a lot more than usual. Looks like it's going to rain. So what are you planning to do to that dwarf when you find him?""

Once at the House of Knowledge, you watch a few vagrants looking around, hoping for some loot.

You and the others made sure this place was bathed in kerosene from steeple to stairs. Unless there was something really important here, everything and everyone left inside was burnet to a cinder.

But where to go from here? No smelly dwarf in sight.

Sasha looks at the remains of the place and shrugs.

"Irony: Sarjon wanted this place taken down when he was alive and everyone helped to stop him and us from getting the deed done...

Only for their own to do it. Irony.""

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

"What to do with the dwarf?", Drakan thinks for a moment, "Question his intentions and them decide on what to do. But make no istake: I'm no Rusty with that big hammer of his", he says and move toward one of the looters, "Anything interesting there my friend?"

"Have you seen a dwarf around the ruins? Heavy armed and menacing looking one?", he says playing with a gold coin in his hand and the other.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Rather in shock, Folkir finds himself unable to resist being flung about like a rag doll. He impacts the wall, hard, and falls to the ground.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Reflex save (1d20+10)[24] So that's a failure, unless the DM rules that his +4 stability works on this kind of thing (it explicitly works against bull rush and trip, which are similar, but...)
    Last edited by Daishain; 2017-09-18 at 07:28 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well this is it, I never thought I would end up in this situation, Que Sera Sera

Will bowed to the inquisitor and proceeded to answer his questions

My name is Will m' lord, I have no last name or family name.

I play music in the Mercy and help those who are in need as often as I can

I am 56 years old

I live in the ruins of a building in the mercy, before the fire the address was 1080 Kemp Lane

I am in the city to meet an old friend of mine, a librarian; to go to a blacksmith's shop; and to go to runestone to get a wand for a friend of mine.

anything else m' lord?

Show
    Diplomacy (1d20+26)[38]
    (Will is speaking like a commoner, for example any peasant from Game of Thrones)
    Last edited by Baby Gary; 2017-09-18 at 07:55 PM.
    Muad'drin tia dar allende caba'drin rhiadem! Los Valdar Cuebiyari! Los! Carai an Caldazar! Al Caldazar!

Amazing avatar by Linklele

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by The Cats View Post
    Oh wadda you know Gary, you're just a baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Yes, but immunity to wizard and resistance to fighter kinda makes up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    It's all fun and games until you encounter the roc weremegalodon

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Titan in the Playground

@Folkir: This woman did not push you, but flung you by raising your entire weight off the ground.

You are alive, but on your back. If you can get back on your feet and strike her, maybe you can put her down for good.

Show

???
    Folkir
    Locke

@Drakan: Sasha looks at your daggers and smirks.

"You are right about you not being Rusty, that's for sure. So this place is all busted. What do you expect to find here..."

Sasha may be good at gutting people. But you are good at getting them to talk, as you hail one of the looters and ask about the dwarf.

"Yeah! Smelly tin can guy with a big freaking axe. He was here not ling ago with some other guy with a hood and no shoes, but they left uhhh... somewhere. They seemed to be in a hurry."

It is then that a few blicks away a building shudders, as if a quake were taking place, causing a flock of pugeons to fly off in an eastern direction.

Sasha raises an eyebrow as the looters watch and listen the building shake.

"That's like three blocks away. You think he's there? And apparently he has a friend. Two versus two?"

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

"One gold coin would help you remember if they headed that way?", Drakan says and throw the coin high toward the looter, "Let's go. You wanted action right? Let's get some".

And with that he run toward the small earthquake, drawing both kukris while thinking if the comment of not being Rusty was a good or a bad thing. Probably good, that guy doesnt even look olidammaran.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Folkir stands as quickly as he can, and prepares to try hitting this thing posing as a woman again.

Show
    Move action to stand up from prone, not in range of anything, so readying an action to attack any hostile that comes near. No longer trying for a nonlethal strike, nor am I messing with Power attack. AC is back up to 30 at the start of this turn.
    (1d20+19)[21] (2d8+15)[19] *Sigh*, a really fine time to roll a bloody 2...
    Last edited by Daishain; 2017-09-18 at 08:48 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

@Will: One of Dalpinian's many assistants writes down your answers and passes them to the inquisitor, while another two mumble in hushed voices as they write down the contents of each and every item of power placed on the box.

"So we have a Will with no name. For the record, Will of Kemp Lane, who practices... music for the masses in The Mercy. Fifty six years young.""

Dalpinian looks at you and raises an eyebrow.

"You mentioned you left The Mercy to come here and meet an old friend of yours. A librarian, no less. You are also to go to see a smithy and last but definitely not least...

Buy your friend a wand.""

The inquisitor massages his temples and then looks at you again after reviewing the notes handed by one of his many assistants.

"Who brought him here?""

The City Guard steps up and clears his throat.

"I did, your Grace.""

"Good. Can you vouch that everything Mister Kemp Lane is saying is true?""

"Y..yes, your Grace. He did ask about a smithy and going to Runestone. I told him to ask for a vehicle and be on his way, but he insisted on asking and I was reminded of His Holiness' recent edict regarding travel papers for all citizens and so, when asked about them... he had none.""

Dalpinian looks at you and a serpentine smile crosses his face.

"Well, Mister Kemp Lane, I guess we forgot to mention your destination, didn't we? You are aware that magic is forbidden in Halmathan and this includes The Mercy, which is a district within our sovereignty and yet...

You went to go buy an item of diabolical power, no doubt to exercise your already wicked musical influence on the ignorant masses in such a dilapidated district.

There is no excuse for you not being aware of these rules and regulations. Mercyfolk as they are called... they think the Law doesn't apply to them, but make no mistake: it applies to all.

Who is your 'friend' here in The City? This... librarian?

What is this sort of wand you were willing to purchase?

And why didn't you have your papers with you?! You have already avoided telling me the whole truth. You are not in the best of places now, Mister Kemp Lane, so it is in your best interest to tell me everything."

@Drakan: One of the looters catches the coin and another wrestles him for it, and as they roll around the charred school grounds, one of them points towards the shaking building a few blocks away.

"That way. They went that way!""

Sasha already draws kukris and begins gaining speed as you are barely able to match hers, dodging the crowds and heading towards the direction.

"Alright, who gets who?""

It's another smaller quake as both of you round the corner and indeed, at the end of an alley, you find the dwarven merc getting back on his feet.

A large indentation has been left on a side of a building as he shakes off what little rubble has fallen off him. He is not alone, as a barefoot warrior with a hood is fighting with him...

Against a woman you have never seen before.

Sasha sharpens her blades and looks at you.

"Seems like a good old fashioned party here... but who are we taking down?""

@Folkir: This woman hits like a truck! No sense trying to place nice against her.

She barely acknowledges you and looks at Locke.

"Hand me that diary and you and the Terra Sapiens walk out of this alive.""

And to make matters worse, Drakan, that slimy little rogue, has also shown up. And he isn't alone:

The woman looks towards both newcomers, but doesn't seem bothered by their presence.

She is far more interested in getting what Locke has.

Show
    ???
    Folkir
    Locke
    Drakan
    Sasha

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

Drakan watch the scene unfolds and look at all brawlers in the alley.

"What's going on here?", and directed to the dwarf he call out, "and why you were tailing me before?"

Drakan keep both blades ready and block the way out of the alley but unsure on what's going on, he just remain ready to slash anyone coming through.

"Are you ok, woman?", he shout to the trapped mercyfolk, trying to remember who she might be.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Titan in the Playground

@Drakan: Mugging people in the Mercy is one thing. It's the way of the City.

But even a scoundrel like you draws the line when two grown men attempt to overpower a lone distraught woman and so, you bare blades and stand at the entrance of the alley and looks at her and her assailants.

Sasha walks a few feet ahead of you, but does not engage. Not yet, at least, as she turns to look at you and eyes the alley.

"We aren't alone here, Drakan. Keen your senses. And you, dwarf! What's with the whole tailing people around and attacking lone women in alleys. We have a pair of stalkers here?""

But as Sasha walks a few feet ahead of you, the woman directs her gaze towards both and remains dead serious.

"I know of you, Drakan. Best leave, lest you face Ivo's fate.

And you, the Homo Felinus. Subject S. It would be unwise for you to come any closer. I have only one thing i need and none of you have it...

except for Locke Decaldris here. So do yourselves a favor and leave, before you cannot.""

Sasha looks at you and grips her blades.

"What the hell is she talking about? You know her? and why is she bringing up Ivo?""

Show
    ???
    Folkir
    Locke
    Drakan
    Sasha

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Folkir glances back briefly, "Tell yuh all about it if we live through this Drakan. She is no human, and I tink ghouls are near. Locke, just run, if that diary is that impawhtant, get it somewhere safe, fast."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2017-09-19 at 08:59 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Drakan, if this "woman's" unusual categorical vocabulary and general sour demeanor haven't informed you that she's the problem, let me abate your misplaced sense of moral decency about 2 men with a woman in a dark alley, and skip to the part where she threw an armored dwarf 20 feet as though he was a used apple core."

"Sorry Folkir, while I agree with the logic, I'm not leaving you till Drakan either pulls his head from his ass, or she's unconscious, besides since I'm paying you for this adventure, might as well try to get my money's worth and catch this "lady".

"Additionally," as Locke spoke he surveyed the surrounding structures, looking for a tall one that was still stable, he darted towards one, letting his sense of gravity shift yet again, and ran up the wall. "She's damn near confessed to being responsible for Kyle's disappearance, and it sounds like she got Drakan's friend Ivo, whoever that is."

Finishing his explanation, Locke mentally flashed thru a list of spells, before selecting one which, if the fight turned into a chase wouldn't be of great benefit, but would give him an distinct advantage if it stayed confined to the alley below. Muttering a few words, then placing his hand before him, Locke then waved down to the "woman" on the street below. "You know, I'm still not against sharing what I found, but I'd be much more forth coming if you'd share why you'd like it, but I'm adding details about what you did with Kyle to the bargain." As his words finished, an opaque disc formed in front of him, a shield of force. "And an apology for my dwarven friend, I can't imagine getting thrown like that was enjoyable."

Spoiler: OOC Actions
    Show
    Actions:
    Knowledge Architecture & Engineering: for a stable/securely built structure. (1d20+11)[27]
    Tumble if needed away from the woman and up the side of a building after reorienting false gravity. (1d20+16)[33]
    Cast Shield
    Last edited by Silverphantasm; 2017-09-19 at 09:27 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Titan in the Playground

@Locke: You assess the alley and find a suitable vertical surface that can support your weight as you perform a graceful backflip away from the woman and land as far away from her, immediately performing a circular motion with your hand as white arcane sigils form around you, forming an nearly visible disc shape before it vanishes from sight.

The woman looks at both Drakan and Sasha, then at Folkir several feet away and finally up at you.

"I can assure you, Locke Decaldris, that you will regret not giving that to me when you had a chance. As for Kyle... ask your fellow Mercy colleague:

He was there."

Having said that, the woman looks at the wall that blocks her exit and assesses the height, kneeling a bit before springing up fifty feet in a single leap and landing on the wall's edge as she looks down at all four of you.

"Not that I would recommend going after him. Be safe... for as long as you can.""

And having said that, a myriad of odd footsteps can be heard on sides of the alley, followed by the buzzing of wings before the woman leaps to the other side of the wall and the unseen creatures- whatever they were- cease being heard altogether.

@Folkir, Drakan & Locke: Sasha walks up to the wall, ignoring the dent left on the wall by Folkir and looks up at it.

"That's a big jump for a woman so frail... so who are you two? And why were you following her?"

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Titan in the Playground

@Corwin: You hear some people talking outside your room and out of sheer instinct, reach for the dagger on the nightstand.

It's just Ross and the others. They must've returned already. And although that nap was good, there may be some more stuff to do as you check your face in the mirror.

Your hair is turning white again.

Olly's alchemical concoction is running on empty. Very soon you may not have a way to dye your hair and will need someone to get you some more, but who?

Not that it's deathly urgent: true, trying to speak into the mind of a warped monstrosity has some dire effects, but getting a chock of white hair? Could be worse, compared to the things you have seen.

It's a light knock on the door as Ross peeps his head in.

"Your hair is getting white again. I sent Drakan and Sasha out to scout on some dwarf lurking around the premises. Last thing we need is more trouble after yesterday.

Say: what of the other guys? Raikou, Will, and Travis? Where did they go?"

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Folkir stares up after her with a mixture of relief and regret. Just when it was really getting interesting... "I assure yuh, frail is not a term tuh use fawh that ting, whatevuh it really is."

Looking at Drakan and his companion, he continues, "Locke here had stumbled onto a magical trap in the house of learnin' when I found him. He agreed tuh hire me tuh check it out. When we were done, that one stood out among hundreds in huh interest in us, and it by hells wasn't my good looks attractin' huh attenshun. She obviously knew somethin' of impawhtance. We tried tuh ask huh a few quesshuns, and this was the result."

Rubbing a lump on the back of his thick skull, he says, "Look, are yuh gonna fight us, or what? If not I need a drink. I'll need a drink either way come to tink of it."

18. - Top - End - #1488

RedWizardGuy

Maintaining his position on the vertical surface, Locke called down Drakan, "Despite her rather reverse nature of appearance to performance, she didn't have much of a reason to lie, short of getting us to tangle and forget her," glancing at the wall she'd disappeared behind, Locke shrugged then resumed speaking. "Whatever she was, I'm not prepared to fight or follow her today, and" dropping to the ground next to Drakan, "I'm rather interested to hear what happened to Kyle, and why you've kept it to yourself. So why don't we go to the bitter coffee, sit down and explain ourselves, I'll buy the first round.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Titan in the Playground

@Folkir: Sasha looks at you as Locke remains on the vertical wall and tilts her head sideways.

"You just got your ass handed by a girl and you want to fight another? I'm game, but before that, I guess you big tough men can have your drink. However...""

The woman walks up to you, her shadow nearly enveloping you and fixes cat eyes on you.

"You have been sneaking around, haven't you dwarf? Can't get enough ale at the local pub? And if you are going to sneak..."

Sasha walks away and steps into a shadow, reappearing closer to Drakan.

"Your choice of gear isn't the best, let me tell you."

Spoiler: The Check
    Show
    Knowledge Local (Trained) to ID her. This applies to both Locke & Folkir

@Locke: You could follow that woman... or whatever she is, by moving over the wall, but then you look at the indentation left by Folkir as she tossed him effortlessly against a wall.

You'll get her some other time.

And so landing next to the lanky rogue, you ask him what exactly happened to Kyle. after all, he must be your Mercy Colleague and this guy is known for having a bunch of information lying around.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Bugbear in the Playground

My Lord, I am afraid that I have no papers and have never been told that I had to get some. The last time I was in this great city was ten years ago. If there is a way for me to get these papers, My Lord, I want to get them, so that something like this will never happen again.

This wand that I would like to get is of something called... True Strike, I think. I may be wrong but I believe that is what it is. The person who I am buying this for is not from here, in fact he is an old acquaintance of mine from across the sea, or ocean? doesn't matter, I am getting this as a present for him before he leaves here on some type of mission, I don't know any more details, My Lord.

Is there anything else you need of me, My Lord?
    Last edited by Baby Gary; 2017-09-19 at 07:57 PM.
    Muad'drin tia dar allende caba'drin rhiadem! Los Valdar Cuebiyari! Los! Carai an Caldazar! Al Caldazar!

Amazing avatar by Linklele

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by The Cats View Post
    Oh wadda you know Gary, you're just a baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Yes, but immunity to wizard and resistance to fighter kinda makes up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    It's all fun and games until you encounter the roc weremegalodon

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Titan in the Playground

"But that doesnt answer why you were tailing me the other day, but whatever. Let's figure out in the Bitter Coffee. It seems wiser than in a deadend alley", Drakan says and put his shivs back, "Let's go, tigress".

He walk besides the two guys thinking about Ivo and Kyle and stop after just a couple steps.
    "In fact, speaking that in the Coffee might be a bad idea. This place is deserted so I'll tell my tale here as it involves the Hawks and other disturbing things better not to go spread as it would rise panic. Kyle is dead", the drunk man says before correcting himself, "Well, maybe not dead. But he was taken away from someone of power. A hidden power in the Mercy that call herself the Queen. That woman was probably one of her agents if she know about Kyle and Ivo's fates".

"Whatever you have that she wants is probably dangerous and you might just painted a huge bullseye on your foreheads, gentlemen. That Queen is a... scientist of sorts. She's conducting experiments on people in the Mercy for who knows how long and is behind every big tyrant the Mercy have faced, be it the late boss Sarjon or Gram of the Roosters".

He look at both, "That said, what did you actually found there? Once the Crimson Heads appeared in the House of Knowledge, we made sure to burn it down to cinders and ash, so I take it was something supernatural in origin?"

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Oh, that? I was bawhed, and unemployed. Yuh looked up tuh somethin' interestin'. I figured if I followed, I could solve one of those problems. I kind of did, even if yuh did manage tuh give me the slip. Meant nuttin' by it."

In response to Drakan's last query, he states, "Since it seems we're in the sharin' mood. We found a diary in a hidden cell beneath the ruins. Hannah Bartell's diary. She spoke of strugglin' wit' some dark ting wit'in huh, and three women associated wit' that darkness, Anya, Kara, and some Queen. Or maybe it is two women and this Kara is the queen, I'm not sure. I tink Hannah was fawhced tuh cawze the destrucshun of that place. It sounds like she is still alive by the way."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2017-09-19 at 08:27 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1493

RedWizardGuy

Nodding at Folkir's summation Locke let out a partially exhausted sigh. "Thanks Drakan," he turned to Sasha, "with respect miss, she never so much as laid a finger on me, that being said what does her or you being a woman pertain to the fight? If anything it'd be an advantage not a detraction. Though admit I would much rather fight you then whatever that "woman" was, but I'd rather conduct a sparring match with you rather than a back alley fight, it's far more interesting discussing combat when they are bruises and not lacerations or punctures. "

Smiling and chuckling Locke extended his hand to Sasha, and then to Drakan in turn, "I still haven't thanked you for timely arrival, you probably kept us, or at least me from getting killed. Anyways lets get going."

Turning Locke began moving quickly and carefully down the alley heading back to the Coffee. He needed to pay Folkir, grab a meal and mead then head to Runestone. He just hoped the dwarf would be reasonable with his fee.

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Titan in the Playground

@Will: Inquisitor Dalpinian listens to your words as one of his many assistants scribe everything down.

"You fail to provide a name for your contact in the City. This... librarian, as you so call it.

You walk around in His Holiness' sacred City, attempting to buy a wand of True Strike: I am familiar with what such a vile spell can do- in order to kill faster. More efficiently.

And now you tell me that you are unaware of His royal edicts on account of living in the Mercy, which begs the question:

Why come here in the first place?! Mongrels such as yourself belong with the chaff across the wall, not here!""

The City Guard that brought you here steps up and addresses the Hand of Justice.

"Your Grace, with all due respect, Mister Kemp Lane did not resist arrest and complied to coming here...""

This does not make Dalpinian feel any better towards your plight as he looks at the Guard.

"Is it common place for people to draw blades and spells when approached by an officer of the Law? There shall be no barbarism and had this man even attempted such an act, his death would be sanctioned by The City on the spot.

Mister Kemp Lane, I have have heard enough.

You not only strolled into the City with clear motive- purchase an item of power for someone that clearly doesn't exist.

Aware that The City sanctions the use of magic and items that bestow such powers, you willingly came to purchase them... if a purchase was even in your mind.

Lastly, you have no identification papers and there is no excuse for a musician of your talents- given what my Diviners here have seen, for you to feign ignorance regarding the Laws of this City. That is outright duplicitous and insulting to this Hallowed House of Law.""

Dalpinian takes out a gavel as his scribes jot down every single word uttered.

"Will of Kemp Lane, you are accused of vile intent of purchasing items of power that would harm the populace. You are accused of not providing substantial information as to who your alleged contacts in this City are and so, by the powers granted by The City of Halmathan, I sentence you to life in The Castello di Santa Noria and a five hundred gold fee. This will be used to get your papers in order and pay for my time wasted.

Your items- once verified that they are of legal acquisition, will be returned when your sentence is over...""

Dalpinian smiles crookedly as the gavel hits hard as a pair of Royal Guards hold your arms and start dragging you out.

"Get this one out of my sight.... and where's that coffee?!"

This is it. The dreaded end for any who would cherish freedom. How the hell are you going to get out of this one?

@Folkir: Sasha rests against a wall and crosses her arms.

"That's it? You were bored? What a lame excuse to put your life in danger, dwarf. I guess you are regretting the whole stalking a woman that can throw you through walls now.

Care to tell me about the employment part?""

Sasha raises an eyebrow at the mention of the names, but remains silent on that matter.

@Locke: Sasha walks beside Drakan as the rogue delivers the chilling tale of what is happening here and then looks at you.

"A sparring match? Sorry, Locke: I don't spar. I stab. If you want a fight, throw some coin in and you got yourself a match. I won't kill you, if it's any consolation.""

The woman returns the hand shake and smiles as she sheathes her really sharp kukris.

"Sasha, the Crimson Tigress. You are Locke Decaldris, right? That woman seemed to like your name since she mentioned it so many times. You might have a fan down here...yay.""

@Drakan:
    You let both of these guys know what has happened and losten to Locke's idea about having a meal and some drink at the pub, to which Sasha sighs.

"That place again? I already ate and had my fill of milk. What else do you guys want to discuss? You found something nasty at the school. Crazy Riding Hood leapt fifty feet over a wall and most likely:

She'll be after Locke from now on. Congrats! Welcome to that fine state of life where you constantly look behind your shoulder. Drakan, you found your dwarf, nameless as he may be. What now?""

25. - Top - End - #1495

RedWizardGuy

"Crimson Tigress.... I've heard of you, my pleasure. As for the fight I'll pass for now, especially that I've got a stalker, once I grab a meal at the coffee I'm heading to the academy to regroup, unless something else comes up, I can follow a few leads and the crimson heads and talk to a few of the professor's.

Tapping his belt,

"I know she wants this, but I doubt she'll have an easy time making it through the general city, with Conner and his zealots roaming around, or into the academy without causing some level of notice or alarm.

As to her preoccupation to my name, based on her other choice vocabulary terms, I'd theorize that she's some aberrant creature or an outsider, something that doesn't utilize names in the same manner as our kind, repeating my name is a way to remember what normal society refers to me as, and to inform others who to look for.

As he was about to leave the alley, he thought about his own trip to the academy, it was getting dark, and dodging Conner's men wouldn't be easy, even with an invisibility spell prepared. "Sorry, I've got to get going. He reached towards his belt, frowned at Drakan in particular before turning his head away and whispering a passphrase to withdraw a stack of shining coins. Is 120 acceptable Folkir?

Once he'd paid the dwarf, Locke gave them each a friendly nod of the head, before dashing off, making a direct heading to Runestone, hopefully my false gravity will last long enough to get me there un-molested.

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The adventures continue, in the other thread

A City of Sinister Delights, #2

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thanks For Sharing