New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Who is Kira?!? (Mafia RPG: Round 1)

Isaac's Death

A well-aimed kick brought down the door to Isaac's office.
    His bloodshot eyes shot up to the door, blinking. On his desk, an ashtray lay covered with cigarette stubs, stacks of files and documents, and an almost empty bottle of scotch and a glass. The glass he hadn't used lately, the bottle he had.
    "What is the meaning of this?!"
    He stared at the unit of masked and armoured policemen pointing their assault rifles at him.

"Isaac Thornton, you are under arrest for the Kira murders." At their leader's subtle gesture, two of the men left their positions to surround their prey.
    "What." Incredulousy, Isaac, remaining seated, looked up at the men. Automatically, he finally fixed his skewed tie, as if that could lend him more authority and... save him. "You are wrong. That girl, Katharina, is Kira. Detective Medici provided the evidence before his death! Ask Mr Doors." he rapidly brought forward.
    "A little girl?" The police officer let out a cruel laugh.
    "And Mr Doors was found dead this morning, burnt to a crisp. Nice try calling on him, Kira."
    Abruptly, Isaac rose to his feet, wildly looking around, nervously clawing at his stubbled chin. He felt this was his end. His face darkened. "You are making a grave mistake." he said. "You are making a grave mistake, you bastards!" He reached for the drawer beneath the center of his desk, but the officer's rifle stock was faster, knocking him out cold.

When Isaac regained his consciousness, he was strapped to a bed in a white, cold room. They hadn't even bothered to change his clothing, he still wore the same worn-out suit he had worn when they had arrested him.

His vision was blurry, he blinked, but he simply couldn't focus. He spotted two blue blots, police officers, apparently, and one white blot, that closed in on him.
    "This isn't right," he stuttered, his voice not nearly as loud as he had intended, "... this isn't... Kira will win! This is a mistake! That judge is on Kira's side! You have to believe me!"
    "Shhhh..." came a female voice from the white blot, which slowly turned into a human shape. Isaac focused enough to realize the white person held an object, it was small, and she brought it closer...

Suddenly, he felt a piercing pain in his left arm.

"It will all be over soon."

Isaac opened his mouth to protest, to scream, to fight, but the paralyzation set in almost instantly. Then, there came the agony.

It was soon, but felt like an eternity, until merciful darkness embraced him.
    Avatar made by lankybugger - Thanks a lot!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

As seems to be the consensus, I was in fact the Death Judge. I would have been dead in the water with my final forced lynch, were it not for the efforts of Antony. When he pointed out Lex-Kat as Kira, I reached out to her and we were able to stack our votes on to one person.

This was definitely a lot of fun, just too bad about people ghosting on us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

I only have one question, one true concern: Did anyone hate my death scenes?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the police drag Isaac Thornton out of his office, Katarina stands on the sidewalk on the other side of the street. The innocent looking little girl smiles behind her popsicle, taking another lick of the delicious cherry flavoring.

Once the police vehicle with Isaac speeds away, the little girl skips back home. It was moving day, time to find another city to clean up.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2017-03-29 at 11:53 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, I liked them.

One amusing thing I just remembered - hadn't Adam Doors rescued Katarina from Kuboto, we would have known her to be Kira back when more people were active. That's how things go...
    Avatar made by lankybugger - Thanks a lot!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

I suspected Lex's Katarina character was Kira from almost the beginning. It just seemed so thematically appropriate.

But after Ethan was kidnapped, I began to doubt my original theory.

I finally knew for sure, after I was dead, when the narrator told me one piece of information that I shall wait to divulge. I can't go giving away all the side-secrets of the game, now can I?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

The thing I was most worried about when writing those was that someone would recognize my style. Either I don't have a distinctive style , or I haven't narrated a game in so long, they didn't recognize it as such .

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    The thing I was most worried about when writing those was that someone would recognize my style. Either I don't have a distinctive style , or I haven't narrated a game in so long, they didn't recognize it as such .
    I complimented Durzan on Ethan's death scene, and then he told me that Kira wrote it. That was when I knew.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brotrooper View Post
    ~SNIP~

"I started looking into the billboard again. It is a like a song. I initially thought it was an operatic aria like what Erik would come up with, but looking at it again, its more of a nursery rhyme. Something you read to small children." Antony brought the fliers back into mind. "And these fliers, they talk about candy. Sweets, treats, the stuff that you eat when you need a sugar rush when you're young." Then there were the photos, the twisted wreck of Ethan Desoto's and the pallid Kobato lying on the floor of her hail cell. "Ethan's death was constructed by Kira. He was the first of us to go, then it was Kobato's. The former didn't have anything of interest, but Kobato's interests me." He pulled out a photo of the most dastardly cute kitten the city has seen. Some folks reeled back in terror at the sight. "Get a good look of this. This is a cat, but, a young one. Everyone nearly loves cats. But do you know who else does? Do you know what kind of person would do this?" The room went silent, some with raised eyebrows of disbelief. Others facepalmed in disappointment. But Antony stood by his statements and made the bold claim.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I postulate that Kira is not a man. Kira is a child."
    This is my favorite post of the game, btw.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aberratio ictus View Post
    Well, I liked them.

One amusing thing I just remembered - hadn't Adam Doors rescued Katarina from Kuboto, we would have known her to be Kira back when more people were active. That's how things go...

Well, thats what you get for being a Good Guy and not doing nothing ....no wait, thats not how the saying went......^^
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”