New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

With a little bit of difficulty and a lot of uncertainty, the engine whirrs to life, but spits and sputters as if it is about to go out. Following the coordinates that she gave him, Yijz is able to navigate to where Trill said she would be. People, many of them Imperials based on their clothes, but not soldiers, scurry out of the spaceport. It looks like the explosions were farther into the port than the outside, but the fire may be spreading, that is if the fire did not cause the explosions in the first place.

Eldrith, Zo, and Yijz all arrive at the street where Trill said she would be... just as the engine of Yijz' speeder totally craps out, causing the bike to lop uncontrollably and dumping Yijz unceremoniously onto the pavement. Fortunately, Yijz isn't hurt, but the bike gives out a dilapidated sputtering noise, and then falls silent.

Also, surprisingly, or not, the street is not empty. Two groups of rough-looking characters are both standing out in the street. They look like they had been in an argument, and one has a virbo-axe and the other an electrostaff out as they square off against each-other. A figure that looks like Trill is leaning against a support beam of a nearby warehouse, with her right foot held up off of the ground but still putting her weight on her left foot. From the position of the two parties in the street, Trill seems to be the subject of the argument. Both groups take notice of the two vehicles that suddenly zoom onto the street: Eldrith's speeder and Yijz' now-useless bike.

Spoiler: Combat mechanics
    Show

The NPCs will not take hostile actions this round toward the PCs or to each-other so long as none of the PCs take hostile actions toward any NPCs. If a PC does take a hostile action (such as Yijz opening up with his blaster or Zo punching someone), then that PC gets to act and then everybody rolls for initiative.

The two parties of NPCs hostile toward each-other. They both want Trill, but for different reasons, which means neither group wants the other party to have her. Yijz, Eldrith, or Zo could figure this out with a difficulty 2 street sense roll.

Party 1:
    Weequay male thug (Rival; soak 4, wounds 13)
    Human male slaver (Rival; soak 3, wounds 14)
    Ex-imperial pirate crewmember (Minion; soak 3, wounds 5)
    Twilek female pirate crewmember (Minion; soak 2, wounds 5)

Party 2:
    Human male smuggler captain (Rival; soak 3, wounds 13)
    Human male starship crewmember (Minion; soak 3, wounds 5)
    Chiss male starship crewmember (Minion; soak 3, wounds 5)
    Droid starship crewmember (Minion; soak 4, wounds 5)
    Quarren male starship crewmember (Minion; soak 4, wounds 5)
    Mon Calamari starship pirate crewmember (Minion; soak 4, wounds 5)

Party 3
    Trill (soak 3, wounds 2/13, strain 4/13)

Locations: Parties 1 and 2 are at close range relative to each-other, and are at close range to Trill. Yijz is at medium range to parties 1, 2, and Trill; Eldrith and Zo are also at medium range, but on opposite sides. Yijz is at long range relative to Eldrith and Zo.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Streetwise Roll
    Show

streetwise: 2eD+1eP+2eA 1 success, 1 advantage

Let's see what we can get a sense for here.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

Ztepz azidez comingz t-t-throughz! Thiz onez minez shezez zpoken forz alreadyz... Come onz guyz letz get-t-t herz and getz to-za bozz...

He saunters confidently through the crowd towards trill blasters in each hand.
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-11-24 at 07:24 PM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah you heard the bug! Hurry bud Gragst won't wait forever for his favorite to get there.

Eldrith then places his hand to his ear. He looks dismayed.

Yes sir. Yes. Yes I'm looking right at her sor but there's a..no sir I'm quite good at..no sir but there are these people in our way.

Eldrith then describes the leaders.

Yes, sir. No I know that you're very impatient for your property. No sir no need to interrupt your torture. I'm sure they didnt know that she belonged to you and this is all just a big mixup.

Yeah everyone this is all just a big mix up right. You wouldnt willing steal from 'Gragst the devourer' right? Honestly I'min such a hurry that I'm sure we can just let thos whole thing slide so Trill honey you can just head on over now my friend will.meet you over there and we'll all just call this square

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Im assuming that gragst is a big enough deal that this might work but if not could i flip a destiny point to have them know about Gragst?

Im assuming this is a deception roll correct?

Last edited by cybric; 2017-11-24 at 08:33 PM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

5. - Top - End - #335

The party of slavers and smugglers look at Eldrith, then back and forth at each-other, and then at Eldrith. "Gragst... he's a loan shark, not a slaver..." one of the slavers mutters. The leader of the other group looks at Eldrith with a burning hatred, but then shifts into one of perplexion. It's clear that Eldrith's ruse hasn't worked, and the groups are now going for their weapons. Although the ruse itself does not work, it does accomplish one thing, to distract them: while they are working out that Eldrith's ruse is a ruse, Trill hops on one foot from one support pillar to another, to where she could make it to Eldrith's speeder with another few hops.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz backs out the way he came in glaring at the crowds, pistols at the hip pointing out, elbows bent along with his knees, waddling in an exaggerated dewback rider's stride... following Trill's progress. He darts here and there in an attempt to hold his ground as he leaves.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo sizes up the distance between himself and Trill, then launches himself from the speeder with the aid of his powerful legs and tail (and a little of the Force) in a mad dashing leap towards her.

He hoists her up in his arms, wobbling slightly as he tries to do so quickly without jostling her wounds and also turn back towards the speeder at the same time.

With a supreme effort, he sprints back and takes a running jump back onto the speeder, a slight flush to his cheeks from the exertion.

He looks back over his shoulder, his breathing heavy but controlled.

"Come on Yijz, let's go! We don't have time for this!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Spoiler: Roll to pick up Trill
    Show

Athletics Check 1: 3eA+1eP+1eF+1eD 4 successes, 1 threat, 1 Dark Side

No assistance from the force here, not that it is particularly needed... I take a strain from the threat.

Spoiler: Medicine check to not jostle wounds
    Show

Medicine to not hurt Trill: 1eA+1eP+1eD+1eC 1 success, 2 threat

Huh. So I guess I don't hurt her, but make myself an easier target in the process? Maybe they even get to do a free maneuver to try and stop me?

Spoiler: Roll to jump back in speeder with her
    Show

Athletics Check 2: 3eA+1eP+1eF+1eD+1eS 3 successes, 1 Triumph, 1 Dark Side

So....that was a thing. Can I upgrade my allies next check with inspiring words, or maybe protect Trill by upgrading attacks against her? Or did you have something in mind for a Triumph? Once again, the Force is trying to tempt me but I reject ze Dark Side!

So overall that was... interesting. I'm happy to edit my post if the DM wants to do interesting things with the generated threat.

Athletics keying off of Brawn makes for a happy Zo

Wounds 0/17
    Strain 3/13
    Soak 5
    Defense 1 (haven't got shield out)

EDIT: did wrong difficulty dice for Medicine, so redid

Last edited by Rattigan; 2017-11-28 at 09:40 AM.

8. - Top - End - #338

Spoiler: Rulings
    Show
    I'm going to rule that Zo's taking extra time to pick Trill up gives the enemies a chance to begin their moves while Zo is moving back to the car.

Both the slavers and the... other party are utterly unprepared for Zo's sudden burst of action as he sprints to the side of the road. Their eyes follow him when suddenly they realize that Trill had repositioned herself while Eldrith was talking. Zo gingerly picks Trill up, but it takes longer than he was expecting, and when he turns around the slaver group has already turned and has brought their weapons toward him!

The flurry of strikes is difficult to defend against, but Zo's combat training and immense size and strength enable him to survive the blows that he suffers, one stroke from the slaver's electrostaff, another from the bodyguard's vibroaxe, and a vibroknife that gets lodged in his shield and pulls the unfortunate Twilek slaver pirate off balance. Smarting from his wounds, Zo does make it back to the speeder and is able to set down Trill back into it.

Trill, meanwhile, aims her blaster and fires as soon as Zo sets her down. The lead slaver reels from the hit of the blue bolt and staggers, but does not fall.

Screaming in bloody rage, the smuggler captain opens fire on the slaver thug who hit Zo with the ax. "You could have killed her you dolt!" he cries. The rest of his crew follow suit, firing at the slavers. The Weequay thug takes a few hits that his frame and armor absorb the brunt of, but he goes down when one shot hits him in the calf.

Trill glances at Eldrith, but tries to maintain her concentration should any of the other group rush the speeder.

Yijz, meanwhile, sees all of this happen, but thinks he can see that Zo is back in the speeder with Eldrith. He can't see Trill, but with Zo in the speeder that could be just the Anx' size.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Weequay male thug hits Zo with vibro-ax with one success for seven damage; Zo takes 2 wounds.

Human male slaver hits Zo with electrostaff with one success for eight damage; Zo takes 3 wounds.

Ex-imperial pirate crewmember misses Zo with virboknife

Twilek female pirate crewmember hits Zo with vibroknife for four damage; Zo takes 0 wounds. Twilek female pirate crewmember falls prone.

Human male smuggler captain shoots Weequay male thug with light blaster for seven damage; Weequay male thug takes 3 wounds.

Human male starship crewmember shoots Weequay male thug with light blaster for seven damage; Weequay male thug takes 3 more wounds.

Chiss male starship crewmember shoots Weequay male thug with light blaster for six damage; Weequay male thug takes 2 more wounds. Triumph = Critical injury roll 73; Weequay male thug is hamstrung.

Droid starship crewmember misses Human male slaver.

Quarren male starship crewmember shoots Ex-imperial pirate crewmember with light blaster for six damage; Ex-imperial pirate crewmember takes 3 wounds.

Mon Calamari starship pirate crewmember misses Ex-imperial pirate crewmember.

Status

PCs
    Zo 5 wounds

Party 1:
    Weequay male thug (Rival; soak 4, wounds 8/13) hamstrung
    Human male slaver (Rival; soak 3, wounds 14) 6 stun damage
    Ex-imperial pirate crewmember (Minion; soak 3, wounds 3/5)
    Twilek female pirate crewmember (Minion; soak 2, wounds 5) prone

Party 2:
    Human male smuggler captain (Rival; soak 3, wounds 13)
    Human male starship crewmember (Minion; soak 3, wounds 5)
    Chiss male starship crewmember (Minion; soak 3, wounds 5)
    Droid starship crewmember (Minion; soak 4, wounds 5)
    Quarren male starship crewmember (Minion; soak 4, wounds 5)
    Mon Calamari starship pirate crewmember (Minion; soak 4, wounds 5)

Party 3
    Trill (soak 3, wounds 2/13, strain 4/13)

9. - Top - End - #339
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz fires at the Human with the electro staff and sprints towards the working speeder.
    (I'm assuming i can use one manuever to reach speeder? So ill spend 2 strain to aim for a second maneuver)

Don'tz be touchnz t-t-the gentlemenz likez dat-t-t ain't politez!

Blaster pistol: 3eA+1eP+2eD+1eB 1 success, 1 advantage

(Pass a boost on or can i use it to have my blaster temporarily have him grab his gut bending over so that yijz can roll over his back and onto the speeder?)

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith throws a smoke bomb

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

11. - Top - End - #341

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo winces in pain as he pulls a stimpac from the medkit on his back and stabs it firmly into his side, letting out a small grunt of relief as the bacta does it's work.

He reaches down with one large hand to grab Yijz by the shoulder, pulling him up and looking to help him get into the speeder with the others.

"Let me give you a hand, Yijz. We should leave. Now."

Show

Athletics to pull Yijz into the speeder: 3eA+1eP+1eF+2eD 1 success, 1 Triumph, 2 Dark Side

I put it as difficulty 2 but can up/decrease if you want. The Force is not being helpful today at all.

If it stands, will come up with something cool I can do for my triumph.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz clings to the speeder unable to pull himself up.

Zooooo-ooooh dez-ain't no-o-o fun-eh! Zo! Pullz mezzup! Fraggin frellz ahh zhizz!
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2017-12-19 at 01:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #343

Show
    Just going to run with this

The slavers initially take aim at the speeder with their blasters, but are sufficiently distracted by the other party that none of them manage to get a shot off before Eldrith drives the speeder out of line-of-fire behind another building.

Trill leans back on the uncomfortably-cushioned seats, clutching her injured foot. "Thank you all for the rescue! Are you all right, Zo? You look like you took some hits there!" she asks the large Anx. As Eldrith drives back toward Hazabar's base, Trill glances at the smoke rising from the spaceport. "I set fire to the fuel line connected to one of the two TIE fighters," she says. "I think it blew up both of them, but then it blew up the main fuel tank itself. The shockwave from that threw me off a building and I landed wrong," she explains. "Either way, they won't have any TIES to trouble you unless they bring some from the mining camp, but I think they're evacuating the space port. You better hurry if you're going to catch the convoy!" she finishes.

As Trill finishes, there is another plume of smoke now rising from the shantytown near the main road exit of Linko Sorisa. The cause is not obvious.

14. - Top - End - #344

OrcBarbarianGuy

"We should hurry if we are to get back to the ship. Well done on the sabotage Trill, though I'm sorry you were injured. Stimpack'll fix me up proper, so don't worry about me"

Zo stays vigilant as the speeder speeds along, cloth-wrapped shield up and ready to protect his friends.

"please hurry Eldrith! We need all the time we can get!"

15. - Top - End - #345

You arrive back at the warehouse. Things are being moved in order to enable the ship to exit the building without smashing into anything. Skeeso, lying on a makeshift gurney, is doing his best to help mechanicians fuel and maintain the thing.

As Eldrith drives in, Hazabar and Tigozan come over, leaving the guards at the door and technicians inside. Chips is beside Hazabar, a very heavy-duty-looking blaster rifle slung over his shoulder and a vibro-axe at his waist. "I don't know what happened at the starport," Hazabar comments, glancing as if knowingly at the party, "But the prisoners have already been evacuated. They will be exiting the city about now. The road is largely straight, so you have maybe an hour and a half to catch them before they get to their mining camp, and that's if they don't get more forces from the mining camp coming out to meet you," he adds. "The ship should be ready. Who's flying?"

Trill climbs out, hopping on one foot to lean on a storage crate. "Probably not me," she answers. "I have one good foot right now." She glances at Skeeso.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Orc in the Playground

Wellz-I zert'nlyz 'olunterz-to do-zat! he said brushing off the grime from being dragged, straightening his jacket lapels as making a poor attempt to seem professional.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith exits the speeders as everyone is talking. At the mention of Trills foot he heads over to hear and takes out his medkit making a motion with his hand for her to give him her foot for treatment. "Come on, come on, come on" he says calmly but rapidly as if to say let's get this done but there is also a note of care in his voice. Eldrith had never been great at bedside manner but he cared for Trill and wanted to make sure the she was well taken care of.

As Hazabar speaks about not know what happened at the spaceport Eldrith, without breaking eye contact with the work in front of him, brings Hazabar up to speed about what happened going into detail as appropriate.

"The imperials are shooting at anything that moves on their way through town. They are shooting at shadows, but those shadows are criminals with blasters of their own so that should slow down the caravan somewhat.

Thanks to Trill we have a window of opportunity where their air power will be reduced as well."
    He looks up from working on Trills knee which he bent down to attend and nods thankfully.

As Yijz suggests flying Eldriths flying payday his eye brow raises and a twing of panic enters his voice "Yijz, Yijz, I think that you'd probably be better off um taking out any crew that we might need to right? When we stop that caravan you and Zo will need to knock more than a couple heads, right? That makes sense right? So I should probably keep piloting the ship so that way you can be a big bad hero"

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

18. - Top - End - #348
    Orc in the Playground

Zo-zzz-gotz it-t-t-t 'andledz im-zure! Youz needz the quickly reactzionzz of Yijz! Wez willz shootz the lazerzbeamz gunz atz the guyz that Zozie cantz headz-whop-p-pz! Youz worryzto muchez Eddy!

19. - Top - End - #349
    Orc in the Playground

He fakes bobbing and weaving, making pew-pew sound effects as he air boxes invisible enemies. He looks very serious and with heavy concentraion while doing so.
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2018-01-03 at 09:33 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo is pacing back and forth, itching to be away.

"Need to go, need to go."

He looks over at the others.

"Yijz's reflexes are good, when he's not hit the bottle. Doesn't seem like he's sloshed. That way we can go now, and you can fix Trill on the way. We can always swap if the fight gets too heavy and Yijz's blasters are needed."

Zo wrings his hands nervously.

Show

Because OC my brain is made of cotton wool a bit due to lurgy, I can't remember. Was any of the smuggler muscle coming with us?

21. - Top - End - #351

Show
    Because OC my brain is made of cotton wool a bit due to lurgy, I can't remember. Was any of the smuggler muscle coming with us?
    No hired muscle, but Chips the Wookie does want to come with you.

"You're going to need firepower when you break into the cars," suggests Hazabar. "Probably don't need a super-pilot unless you run into TIEs or something," he adds.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Agreed! See makes my point. Trill took care of any ties we have to worry about. Yijz, we'll need that buggy pistol magic you've got when we're being big big heros to our favirite bar owner so lets get on this ship, get the girl, kick some butt and get paid yeah!

With that Eldrith motions for everyone to start moving toward the ship. Everyone seemed anxious to help and elsrith makes a special point of motioning for chip to come along as well

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

23. - Top - End - #353
    Orc in the Playground

lez getza going!

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show

Let's go be big damn heros everyone!

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

25. - Top - End - #355

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Yes yes let's go!"

Zo rushes to board the ship, almost tripping over his own feet in his haste. His shield is slung over his back, and he nervously checks and rechecks the vibroknuckles in the pocket of his armoured clothing.

If the Empire learned he was here, there'd be even more occupation forces on the way, and even less chance that things would ever go back to the way they were before...

26. - Top - End - #356

The warehouse main doors open as the shuttle's engines roar to life. After a bit of maneuvering, Eldrith guides the ship out of the doors and then lifts it up into the sky. In the crew hold, Yijz, Zo, and Chips all finger their weapons, steeling themselves for what is to come. Trill and Skeeso sit and lie in front of a computer back in the warehouse, looking over data.

It is a few minutes by the time Eldrith gets to the convoy racing from the city, already fifty kilometers on its two-hundred kilometer journey. There is an armored car with what are probably troops, and guns. Behind it are three Corellian Engineering cars, cars the rescuing party now know to house the prisoners, but still have no knowledge of what is inside. Behind them is another troop car, but this one has no long-range firepower.

For now, the shuttle is the only thing in the sky. Barren, rocky mountains rise up out of the desolate plain, flat as if the sea had once covered it, even though the ocean is now a thousand kilometers away. The mining camp that the convoy is headed to is around the bands of hills into a mountain range, out of sight. It's just you, and the convoy, or at least so it seems.

How will our heroes begin their raid?

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith stares at the approaching convoy comtemplatively.

They still had no way of knowing which of the trucks their target was in. They could go on guns blazing and take out the lead car but they had no guarantee she wasn't in that vehicle.

Eldrith looks back at his compatriots they were well equiped but at its core this was still a smash and grab. Elsrith feels something in his pocket and pulls out a comm link with the id number of the stormtrooper he knocked out. Perhaps they could talk their way out of their predicament.

Everyone I've got them on visual. I'm going to try something but if that doesn't work we're going in hot

Eldrith takes a moment or two and using a dataspike to bruteforce hack the convoys comms shuting them off from the larger imperial net. If that works he'll start pumping static into their ears for a little bit before making his pitch.

This DR-3177 calling prison convoy. Insurgents have attacked and sabotaged our TIES and communication equipment as well. We have comandeered a local ship and are inbound on your location.

Intel taken from resistance fighters suggest they are aware of your transfer and have targeted you in order to extract a high value target.

We're here to support and make sure you dont have any problems.
    Last edited by cybric; 2018-01-17 at 01:30 PM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

28. - Top - End - #358

Show
    responding belatedly to the first paragraph of post 347

Trill leans up on her bunk and stares at the view screen showing her what Eldrith is seeing from inside of the ship's cockpit. Five vehicles. Eldrith tries a ruse. Her heart pounds in her chest with unease. She should be flying the ship. She's a much better pilot than Eldrith should anything go wrong, and Eldrith's place would be behind the boarders, in case someone got hurt. Moreover, something feels wrong here. She wonders what Zo - if her guesses about him are indeed correct - may be sensing.

Looking down at the reason why she isn't flying, she caresses her aching foot. Her ankle is sprained - Eldrith could tell that immediately. She will heal with time, as long as she keeps her weight off of it. Eldrith did not have time to give it more than a very cursory glance, however, so he does not know whether she will be good to run again in a day or two, or if she will be down for weeks.

Almost without thinking, Trill opens up a nav app on the terminal and starts plotting a hyperspace course, just in case.

29. - Top - End - #359

Static cycles through the comm chatter as heart-pounding seconds pass. Then, at last, a voice. "Good to hear from you, DR-3177. This is convoy commander Brocker. Would your intel happen to know anything about these rebels? I don't recall any briefing of an insurgency on Sidarin in general or in..." the commander's voice pauses for a moment, "...Sidarin. Also, do we know who this high-value target is? Command hasn't informed us which of our prisoners are especially valuable, but if we may be attacked, it would be good to know who these insurgents are after."

The convoy continues its speedy pace. The ship's radar scanner is still silent... for now...

30. - Top - End - #360

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo sits in one of the seats in the back, leg tapping nervously. With an effort of will he steadies it, takes a few calming breaths, and reaches out with the Force, Seeking Tenga.

For a moment, the connection just isn't coming to him, so he digs deeper and deeper, tuning out his surroundings as the voices become muffled, and all is peaceful, if only for a while...

Show

First Roll
    Force roll to sense Tenga: 1eF 1 Dark Side

While other things are going on, he will continue seeking. Let me know when I can interject, and maybe sense which one she is in
    Force roll to sense Tenga: 1eF 2 Light Side