New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

Eldrith grimaces and makes emphatic hand motions that translate to [yes yes yes go go now now!]
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Mandalorian was about to say something in greeting, but was met by the urgency of the good doctor. He looks back to the rear turret and vocalizes: "I'm not much of a shot with turrets, but from what I've seen during skirmishes, is that if one threatens them with a shot they swerve out to expose the straggler, who you then shoot down easier." He had no training in command, but he was confident enough to imitate it to encourage others.

Fire Discipline Action Leadership untrained: 3eA+3eD 0 successes, 1 advantage

3. - Top - End - #423
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz gives a thumbs up takes a sip of whiskey and throws the throttle hard.

4. - Top - End - #424

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo had breathed a huge sigh of relief as soon as Tenga got on board, though he hurries the others inside so they can close the hatch.

Upon hearing the exchange, he types a quick message on his commlink to his comrades.

-I'd see if you can lose them in atmo. With Imperials here it'll be hell to get back down to the planet from orbit if we do return.-

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmossandmoose View Post
    Yijz gives a thumbs up takes a sip of whiskey and throws the throttle hard.
    Eldriths eyes go wide as the realization of what he had done sunk in

[...I just gave Yijz the ship, what have I done]

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz is slammed into hours seat the sudden g-forces temporarily pinning him in place.

Hahahzzzhazzhahazhazzzhaaa! Yeaz! Wooooooooooozzzzzz! Bucklezupz frakkersz! Ziz 'ightz bez a bumpylyz ridez!
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2018-03-19 at 01:13 PM.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eldrith flips on the communication systems.

What greets his eyes is a member of a species that he has never seen before, though he may have heard about them from the dawn of the Clone Wars. The creature's face is at first obscured, but the being is wearing black plasteel armor plate with the Imperial insignia emblazoned on its pauldrons. Eldrith can guess that this individual belongs to a nonmammalian species, since she has no breasts, but the shape of her hips give the unmistakable impression of being female.

The being removes her mask. She has a long, flat face, with mottled green-brown skin and a pair of dark, bulbous eyes on the top of her head, not unlike a frog. A pair of long, floppy ears hang on either side of her head. As Eldrith looks at her, she grins, revealing rows of flat teeth.

"Youza going to leadz me to what meza came here for!" Her voice is lyrical, almost musical, but underscored with unmistakable malice. Leaving the channel open, she presses some buttons on her console, difficult to see what she is doing, and Eldrith has no idea what the controls of a TIE fighter are in any event.

Then, Eldrith, Yijz, and Zo's headphones buzz with a frightened voice. "That's the Inquisitor," it says.
    Last edited by PetrifiedWalnut; 2018-03-19 at 09:28 PM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa, notices the rather unique TIE fighter on there tail, looking to the cockpit, she notices that Eldrith flip[ed on communications. A connection between this ship and the other. Considering the unique armor, she looks back to the lead tie. A sly smirk on her face "Keep the stable communication on. Im am going to attempt to exploit this momentary connection between our two ships" she says, moving to the Ship computer. Typing various commands into the console and attempting to slice into the the lead Tie Fighter.

: 1eP+3eA 3 successes, 5 advantage

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Attempting to use the comm's link as an opportunity to Slice into the Inquisitors TIE fighter to make her life a bit more difficult

9. - Top - End - #429

After a bit of trying, Nodoa is able to gain access to the TIE's communications computer, and using a truly stupid engineering mistake on the part of some Imperial worker - one who will likely have failed for the last time - she gets into the TIE's nav computer. The slice isn't perfect - the Inquisitor doesn't take long to figure out that her computer has been sliced - but Nodoa is able to get at least a brief glimpse of what is on the TIE's computer before the Inquisitor shuts it off.

The TIE promptly plummets out of the sky as its pilot switches to manual control, shutting down both the computer and the engines in order to reboot them and clear Nodoa's slice. Losing most of its speed, it falls nearly two thousand meters before it finally levels out, so low that the blast from its thrusters kicks up dust from the desert floor just a few meters underneath it. After finally getting her ship back under control, Nodoa picks up a command on the TIEs' comm frequency "Theysa slicing our computers. Yousa no pursue fighter squadron; theysa decoys. Also don't say secret intel over comm channel. Theysa may be listening."

In all of this, Yijz is easily able to pull away from the other four TIEs, and the Inquisitor effectively took herself out of the chase by shutting down and restarting her engines. Yijz could have gone almost anywhere.

Meanwhile, Yijz, Zo, and Eldrith can hear through their headsets that discussions are happening back at the warehouse as Hazabar, Tigozan, Trill, and Skeeso sound like they're discussing possibilities. Then, Hazabar speaks back. "All right, whoever did that slicing job, tell her well done! We could use her in our team, if you want employment. Meanwhile, Trill says she's worried that Inquisitor will be able to track you through the Force. I'm about to give you coordinates to an abandoned storage facility about two thousand clicks west of Linko Sorisa. You can hide there. In case the Inquisitor does track you there, Trill is plotting a hyperspace course that you can use that might help you escape."

"There is a pirate-controlled planet in a system not far from here. On it there is a hideout of the same gang of pirates that I told you about this morning that have been snooping around the Stygian Caldera. It sounds like that Inquisitor wants to follow you to her real objective, whatever that is. If we can distract her into thinking it has something to do with those pirates, then well I don't need to explain why that would be good for us," Trill explains.

10. - Top - End - #430

SamuraiGuy

Cort was about to ask who the hell they are, but then realised he is no position to make demands. So he sits down, having no alternative in the matter, the Empire isn't all to friendly with escapees.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith looks over to the new friend on the console and was grateful he hasn't made a stink about taking them on board.

He blinks once or twice at the bizarre yet intimidating creature looking back at him on the screen before he comes to his senses.

Oh will we know. You know I'm always looking to help friends with deep pockets. Judging by your armor you work for the Empire who has the deepest pockets of all. Just what would you be looking for?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

12. - Top - End - #432
    Orc in the Playground

Uhz.. Guyz 'ere-wez gozingz? I'mz gozingz t-t-to-za-mountainz to loozemz and-d-d-d giveszuz-zome-timez toz figurezingz-zout!

He jerks hard on the steering sending them screaming towards the mountains.

13. - Top - End - #433

Eldrith wasn't able to get anything out of the Inquisitor before she shuts off her ship's computer to recover it from Nodoa's slice, which means that all Eldrith hears is "Yousa no-!" before it is cut off.

Yijz sends the ship flying toward a mountain range north of Linko Sorisa - a range that Zo knows reasonably well, as it is where the mine where he works is located. Still, he has only seen a small part of the range, and it has many canyons and cliffs inside of it that may provide some cover.

The rocky ground is bare and lifeless. Before the enterprising spacers first landed on the planet, there was no life outside of its oceans, and even in the oceans the life on Sidarin is primitive. Plants or similar life had simply not evolved yet. Still, most of the planet's surface is an extremely barren desert.

As the ship zooms forward, it is clear that this augmented shuttle can simply outpace the lesser TIEs. By now, however, the Inquisitor is regaining control over her special TIE. Who knows what she can do.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As the ship starts to enter the range Eldrith breathes a sigh of relief.

He wipes a sheet of sweat of his forehead and look back at the rest of the crew.

"Clutch work people but we're not out of the woods yet."

Eldrith switches the comms to Haz's channel.

"K, we're ahead of the fighters here for a second haz. Now what do you mean the inquisitor can find us using some kind of force?"

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

15. - Top - End - #435

Hazabar answers with uncertainty. "I don't know, but I'd guess Trill was referring to the power that the Jedi worshiped. She said this morning the Inquisitors have some of the same powers,"

As Yijz nears the mountains the hills and mountains loom ahead of them. Rocky cliffs and scree slopes run down into deep canyons. Dry desert washes braid through the bottoms of these chasms, and long shadows cast darken the cliff faces and their bands of ancient, twisted rock, layers contorting as if mangled by some giant cooking blender.

"One of the powers the Jedi have in fables is the ability to sense the direction of things they are looking for," Trill's voice comes in. "That may have been the reason why the Inquisitor-" Trill's voice is cut off as Yijz rounds a corner and a great face of rock passes between the comm tower in Linko Sorisa and the ship, cutting off radio reception.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Trill trill come in...what in the void is going on here? Trill? Haz? Skeeso? Well frak.

Eldritch tosses the headset against the console frustrated.

He looks back into the ship trying to get bead on the new people. He couldn't believe they'd be able to give the crew much trouble however they were flying a ship that he had stolen all on his own and the universe was a weird place.

Eldritch places his hand on the holster at his hip and swipes his blond undercut hair out of his way.

He looks over at Tenga. "Yo, Tenga looks like you found a couple friends. You good? According to Trill this inquisitor can find things using some kind of jedi power or something it was very clear but we need to find a place to lay low. Any suggestions for a good hide out
    Last edited by cybric; 2018-03-27 at 10:58 PM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

17. - Top - End - #437

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Forgot about the safehouse Hazabar told you about, did you?

Also hoping to see Zo's reaction. Rattigan hasn't posted IC since the Inquisitor showed her face.

"Oh, we oughta be able to find a place in Linko Biscoa," Tenga says, at first. Linko Biscoa is another settlement, about three hundred kilometers to the north. Tenga then gives a very warm smile, and is more than a little bit charming. But then "provided, of course, that Gungan Imp doesn't have a plan for that. You sound like you've got help, though. I might know some people who I could convince to help out who'd owe them favors," she suggests.

In the depths of the canyon, as Yijz flies in, it looks like there could be a landing spot on an overshadowed ledge, although it's small, too small to really be able to repair the ship on. Or he could land lower in the canyon, where the ship would be a little bit more visible. The radar now cheerfully gives proximity warnings to avoid crashing into the canyon walls or floor, but the TIEs are out of line-of-sight. It is no longer possible to know how far back they are, for certain.

18. - Top - End - #438

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sitting on the floor of the ship due to the lack of appropriately sized seats, Zo has been listening to the conversation with ever increasing agitation, rocking slightly from the inertia of the ship.

He seems to visibly pull himself together, rises to head into the cockpit, then turns back to greet the newcomers with the boneshaking rumble of his voice.

"Nice to meet you. Anyone the Empire's not a fan of is OK in my book. Any of you good at ship weaponry? We could use a rear gunner if they find us again."

In the doorway of the cockpit, he watches the canyon walls race past.

"Don't despair Eldrith. With the Inquisitor, it's possible she doesn't have that talent. Not every Jedi could access all the powers the Force could grant. Let's just hope that Seeking isn't her specialty."

His voice sounds more confident than his face and colourshifting crest appear, and he looks over the dashboard, and out to the canyon walls racing past, rather than meet anyone's eyes.

"Think you can keep us hidden till we get to the abandoned storage facility Yijz?"
    Last edited by Rattigan; 2018-03-29 at 10:11 AM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Orc in the Playground

Wellz i-zill tryzmyz bezt-t-t...

He swings the ship hard arpund the rock face clingy closes to the cliff walls.

Zhouldwez putz downz-zright-t-t 'erez or-keepz it-t-t movingz!?

Yijz says gleefully, obviously excited by their situation.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldritch notices Zo agitation but knowing Zo he would give a melancholy laugh and change the subject so eldritch decided not to pry but gives Zo a questioning face with a thumbs up to make sure he was ok.

No no lets keep it moving. I dont know much about the force but I can't imagine someone use job it is to track enemies down wouldn't have whatever power your talking about.

Let's head for the warehouse haz talked about over here.

Eldritch points about the location on the map

See if you can keep us hidden in the canyons as much as possible then we'll make a sprint for it.

Eldritch looks around Zo keeping the intimidating figure between him and the new arrivals.

So what can the four of you do?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa had been busy on the shipboard console, already scanning some of the files she had swiped from the Inquisitors ship "Hmmmm" she hums in thought, seemingly ignoring the conversation going on behind her. The force. It was intriguing, but without someone sensative with it, all they could do was a Hypothesis. Though, learning of the ability to seek people was intriguing

Once regarded, she turns to the group, looking them over. An...interesting trio.

"I, am Doctor Noda Valal. I Specialize in Bio-Mechanics. Cybernetics and the like." She looks over the most broadly built of them, Zo "As well, I am at least somewhat Proficient in defending myself with a blade. Heavy Pipe. Something I can use to swing at least, Would you happen to have anything On Board I could use for that?" She says, to no one in particular "As well, I could just use some parts and make it myself. Oh. Yes." She steps away from teh computer "I managed to extract the Locations that 'Inquisitor' of yours was last, as well as her current goal. The Imperials goals were also extracted, along with various code phrases used for these goals. For this, I expect at least some protection. Having now been liberated from a prisoner convoy I expect myself to be wanted by there authorities for escaping. Her tone is calm. Cold. Collected. Seemingly unbothered by the fact there being pursuited by an Inquisitor

22. - Top - End - #442

Nodoa opens up the first file - the one with the Imperial objectives. She hasn't yet had time to browse the other one.

What pops up is a map of Sidarin, with several population centers marked with "investigate". Linko Sorisa is notably among those marked, but so are several others around the planet, including Linko Biscoa that the Twilek woman mentioned. There are a couple of other locations that are not locations of known settlements, marked with "probable fugitives. Apprehension desired, but low-priority". There is one place marked as "investigate" that is also far from any city, at one end of a smallish mountain range on nearly the other side of the planet, not particularly close to any settlement, at least none marked as a settlement.

In addition to the labels, there are also brief summary reports of the ongoing actions at many of those locations. Clearly, locations marked as "investigate" are getting the krayt dragon's share of the attention. Linko Sorisa in particular is marked with "artifact-stealing pirates apprehended", and also with "possible insurgent cell here". There are a couple of other places where artifact-stealing pirates are mentioned as well, mostly in settlements with space ports.

23. - Top - End - #443

SamuraiGuy

When the eyes fall on him after the Chiss docter spoke, he stands up straight, almost at attention. "Cort, of clan Gedyc. Our Mandalorian Military Academy did not afford me training in Ordance" He nods his head in the direction of the rear turret. "But give me a rifle, and I will punch a few holes." he taps at the rifle slung over his shoulder.

"My duty to y unit was not to assist in battle... well more than is expected of any Mandolorian. My orders are to keep my men supplied with what they needed." He gives a confirming nod over a proud stature.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz descends into the canyon hugging the cliff sides. As he gets into the canyon he stops his enthusiastic recklessness and his face adopts a serious expression as he grips the controls.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldritch listens to each of them in turn. So a mando logistics specialist and a cybernerist. This trip was getting weirder and weirder all the time

Alright yeah yeah alright. So why were you nabbed by the imperials then? We know this wasn't a normal raid. The imps leave this planet alone for the most part so why would they come here and immediately grab you all.

Wait you got what from that inquisitors ship? Let see it come on.

Eldrith looks over the the map noting the spots without settlements trying to remember if he had anything about those sectors. What would be worth investigating out there?

K, soooooo artifact theives?

Eldrith looks back at tenga and the new members

Alright which one of you is a artifact stealing pirate and why did the imps care enough to grab you?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

26. - Top - End - #446

Tenga immediately turns to Carcon with a smirk on her face. Carcon sets his jaw sullenly, but says nothing.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith notices Carcons reaction and turns to Zo.

If he doesn't answer I need you to be rough.

Eldrith then ducks under Zo's frame and moves into the cabin.

Alright Carcon...talk, now
    Last edited by cybric; 2018-04-01 at 11:00 PM.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

28. - Top - End - #448

SamuraiGuy

Cort moves his head back and sits up straight when the suspicions start flying around, but then tilts his head to the side. "I guess your worries are justifiable. Look I dont pretend to know what the Imps are thinking, but what I do know it that they don't like poeple that think differently to those blokes. It just happens that my... ideals, arent really in line with what they like. In fact, it is pretty anti-empire" He mentions with a smirk.

"But by the looks of you, it seems our ideals aren't all that far apart."

29. - Top - End - #449

Carcon pauses, glances at Zo briefly, then furrows his lip and momentarily takes on a less distressed expression before answering. "I don't know what 'artifacts' you're talking about. I thought grabbed me just 'cause I appropriated an abandoned shipment of Imp blasters a year ago. Well how about you, Tenga? Why were you locked up? And who are these people, anyway? Seems like you know them."

"You mean those guns you stiffed me on the payments for? If I do know these people, seems to me you're going to owe me a thing or to, right?" Tenga jabs back sharply.

Carcon grimaces. There is clearly more history between these two than is presently obvious. "I guess I should encourage people to help me out from the Imps in the future, yes," he says. "But there are a lot of salvage crews that do business on Sidarin, some of them even salvage crewed ships, even salvage the crew themselves. What are the Imps here for? You have that file, and who is this 'inquisitor'? Is that just a fancy Imp name for a detective?"

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa looks to Regard Eldrith, her red eyes reaming cold

"I had been operating on an apparent Pirate captain they had been after. His fate is unkown. But, I left him with Unfinished Cybernetics. His fate is mostly likely not one I would like to share. As for Ideals, I did not care much if the Empire rules or not. But, seeing as I am now a Fugitive, I suppose I have little choice in the matters of company I can remain with.