New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

Eldrith exhales and looks at the bartender then at Nodea, then back at the bartender.

You know I am a person that knows alot about alot friend.

But friends helps friends right? I've got to wonder if you know something worthwhile in exchange.

Feel like a business minded man like you with a wookie with a...shall we call it a long leash must hear things even all the way out here. A man who knows an opportunity to help a friend.

That kind of man might tell us something more about the comms tower, or how often the imps patrol the tower, or how many imps are around or you know these are the types of things a friend might tell us about

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

I'd love for eldrith to be a apprentice information broker someday but I feel like I'm not cue enough.
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa looks around...and seems, bored? Annoyed perhaps? She sighs "Sir, I would like to purchase four bottles of your strongest drink. I need it to collect information. It is customary I believe to give these to what one would call a friend." Once thats done, she would head over to the stormtrooper guarding the Tower "Excuse me sir. You seem to be having a negative time in your duties of guarding this relay. WOuld you perhaps want to sate your boredom and thirst with conversation and drink. If you prefer it could be with me. Or my friend. I unfortunate lack my cocktail dress for an evening of elegance thus I hope what I am wearing now is suitable for such things"

3. - Top - End - #603
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo pulls up his commlink and painstakingly taps out a message with his oversized fingers to those of his friends, but aimed mostly at the still-transmitting Eldrith.

<See if you can use the tower to find out what they're after, but we'll have the ship ready to bug out if we need to. Once you get back, I'd like to stop by the farm and meet up with Trill before we leave the planet. Does that sound good to you guys?>

4. - Top - End - #604
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ack - didn't see this page...

The bartender listens to Eldrith and Nodoa carefully. "Well... let's see here..." he glances at the Chiss cyborg and back at Eldrith. "Well I can set you up with some bottles, but give me a minute," he says, looking back at his bottles. "Now let's see, I think there are three guys, one on guard at all times. The other two I don't know where they are, but I think they keep their armor in that shed nearby. Never seen any patrols."

Then, he glances at Nodoa. "Wait... what... are you thinking of doing with these?" he motions to the bottles still on his shelf. "If you're thinkin' what I'm thinkin'... I don't think it'll work."

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa tilts her head "And why not. The man on guard was bored as you stated yourself"

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith has to try really really hard not to have his jaw hit the bar top. Two sets of storm trooper armor...in a shed...just lying around in a shed.

It was too good to pass up. Just imagine what they could do with the codes and software alone that's loaded on those suits.

He hard blinks

Friend thank you and like i said friends help friends. Rumor has it that the empire is operating out of mines owned by the CEC so I'd consider any CEC mines or operations as possible places to steer clear of.

Eldrith looks at Nodea then back to the bartender.

If...if I tried to you think I'd have more luck? I mean human and all you know, yay, but ummm do you know that trooper and do they ummm like as you said maybe my friend wouldn't have the best of luck but maybe like someone more like myself would have better chances?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan View Post
    Zo pulls up his commlink and painstakingly taps out a message with his oversized fingers to those of his friends, but aimed mostly at the still-transmitting Eldrith.

<See if you can use the tower to find out what they're after, but we'll have the ship ready to bug out if we need to. Once you get back, I'd like to stop by the farm and meet up with Trill before we leave the planet. Does that sound good to you guys?>
    Zo has spent enough time with eldrith to recognize the tone he has when he's not listening and only thinking about the score

The only response Zo hears is oh yeah what two suits just stored in a shed. That shed them? What!

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa slowly nods "Ahh. I see what your plotting is leading to. In that case, do as you wish. I can remain here till you are done."

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

After the bartender responds Eldrith leans in to Nodea with his face turned away from the bartender.

Tiger, play it cool and he could score some choices that should make you cracking that tower easier

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

10. - Top - End - #610

The bartender leans back as Nodoa asks him. "You know, certain organizations have, well, rules that might get their employees into trouble if the employees broke them, and often these organizations don't take kindly to people outside the organization trying to, ah, impress said members to break said rules. And 'no alcohol on the job' is a pretty common rule. Also organizations like that tend not to have friends, or take kindly to having friends. Go figure!"

He then listens to Eldrith's story. "CEC?" he asks incredulously. "Corellian Engineering? Well, that's news! We get traffic from CEC mining trucks not infrequently. Now, about your distraction... actually, ya might use a bottle anyway..." he smirks, then takes a bottle off the shelf. "Funny thing about alcohol... it's flammable. Ya might be able to have some spill out where the bottle's out of sight, but the spill ain't, and then light it. Just don't set fire to any part of my town!" He glances at Nodoa and peers at her cybernetic enhancements. "Seems to me that might be more your expertise, using ah science to make something work..." he adds.

Meanwhile, back at the warehouse, Zo realizes that he might not be able to help very much from where he is physically, but he might be able to direct Eldrith and Nodoa where danger might be lurking by Seeking for the other troopers. Or he could hack into the satellite feed.

All this time, Yijz was having dreams about ship computers, then suddenly woke up. Hey, Eldrith and Nodoa were reading files from the previous night... he could probably read those, too...

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Cort get the ship over here I'm going to burn down the town, Nodeas going to hack a comm tower, chip might meet a lady friend and if we all play it cool and learn a valuable lesson about friendship we just might....ah frag it we'll steal some trooper armor while we're at it, grab our friends and then jump off world.

Ready let's go

Eldrith grabs the bottles heads towards the most flammable part of the area near the tower. He bops the corks, does a little jig twirling as he spreads the booze. Pulls out a lighter and sets the whole thing ablaze

He runs over to the trooper.

AHHHH BY THE EMPERORS WRINKLES THERE IS A FIRE A FIRE I SAY. GOODLY TROOPER PLEASE PLEASE YOU MUST HELP US IN OUR TIME OF NEED BY ALL THAT RIGHT AND GOOD AND THEREFORE HUMAN IN HIS GALAXY PLEASE PLEASE HELPS US

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa..Noda simply blinks at this...distraction. It's somewhat shocking. Was he really a doctor? "I am shocked. This is my shocked expression" She says, looking as plain as ever. She waits for her chance to get to teh tower and begin her hack

13. - Top - End - #613

Show
    Deception adjudication, difficulty 2 with one upgrade to challenge because of Eldrith's suspiciously specific denial: Eldrith rolls zero success, two threat.

Perception adjudication to hear what the trooper says int he shed, difficulty 2: 2 success, 2 threat.

Eldrith manages to find some wooden planks by the side of the tower. Wherever these came from or why they would be on Sidarin of all places eludes him, but it's enough to set a fire. The trooper looks up and hears him, then runs over to see the fire. The trooper looks down at the fire, then up at Eldrith. "You stay put. I'll get the fire extinguisher."

He then runs back to the shed and opens the door with his electronic keycard. Eldrith can plainly hear him shouting into his communicator "Trooper 2091 calling for backup! We have a fire at the comm tower! I suspect arson - bring reinforcements in case it's a setup!" he calls, before coming out with the fire extinguisher. Nodoa won't have long to hack in, unless Eldrith does something!

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa makes her way to the tower, unplugging a small wire from her implant and slotting it into the Computer for teh radio tower. In her head, she see's the information, the fire wall blaze through her vision. in the mass of informationa and defenses, she makes her way with the hack, her hands seemingly motioning like she were grabbing at invisible objects

Spoiler: Computer Hack!
    Show

: 1eP+3eA 3 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph

15. - Top - End - #615

SamuraiGuy

After hearing the ruccus and distresed voice of the Storm Trooper, Cort calls in.

"Oi? All right there? Seems like you blokes are on the grill."

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PetrifiedWalnut View Post
    Show
    Deception adjudication, difficulty 2 with one upgrade to challenge because of Eldrith's suspiciously specific denial: Eldrith rolls zero success, two threat.

Perception adjudication to hear what the trooper says int he shed, difficulty 2: 2 success, 2 threat.

Eldrith manages to find some wooden planks by the side of the tower. Wherever these came from or why they would be on Sidarin of all places eludes him, but it's enough to set a fire. The trooper looks up and hears him, then runs over to see the fire. The trooper looks down at the fire, then up at Eldrith. "You stay put. I'll get the fire extinguisher."

He then runs back to the shed and opens the door with his electronic keycard. Eldrith can plainly hear him shouting into his communicator "Trooper 2091 calling for backup! We have a fire at the comm tower! I suspect arson - bring reinforcements in case it's a setup!" he calls, before coming out with the fire extinguisher. Nodoa won't have long to hack in, unless Eldrith does something!
    Eldrith sees that the distraction has worked but obviously not as well as it could have. Maybe he jammed it up too much but that was a thought for later.

Puts his hand to his ear and says "that extraction is looking like a sooner rather than later thing"

He need another trick and quick. He reaches for his gear and tries an old favorite trick hoping it worked and was thinking of other ways to distract as well

Spoiler: task
    Show

Eldrith is going to attempt to scramble the troopers comms like he did against the troopers that pursued him on the bikes

: 2eP+1eA 4 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph

Can that triumph effect the other troopers he called through the network or stop his message in some way?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

17. - Top - End - #617

SamuraiGuy

The Mando springs to his feet and grabs what is left of the camp. "Well guys, we betta get moving. Eldri seems to be expecting trouble and I'd like to get some of it."

He looks over to Yijz "I hope you are sober by now mate, we need you to pilot her" he points to the ship "Let's head out!"

Cort rushes in to the ship and starts the departure sequence.

18. - Top - End - #618

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zo had been trying to get a feel for problems that might arise in their future, and finds his feet moving almost without him intending to, piling into the stolen shuttle.

"we need to get airborne, NOW!"

He holds down the commlink transmit.

"We're coming, don't worry!"

19. - Top - End - #619

Spoiler: Dice rolls
    Show
    Nodoa rolls two difficulty dice, granting two threat for breaking into the tower. The triumph applies to Nodoa being able to do something else, either plant the worm or scramble the comms.

Eldrith's hack attempt is difficulty two, but upgraded three times for what he is trying to do not knowing their frequencies, for a total of two challenge dice and one difficulty die. He rolls two failure, two threat.

Nodoa's breach into the comms tower's security is effortless - she's in. Unfortunately, she doesn't have much time. Fortunately, she was able to get in so quickly that she can do one of two things to make her intrusion easier - she can either plant a worm that she can use to later hack into the tower remotely, but then will have to run, or she can try to hijack the communications the three troopers are using with each-other and possibly mislead them, granting herself more time.

Eldrith does not know what frequency the troopers are using and doesn't have a radio on him, so getting into their communications would require him finding that frequency. Nonetheless, amazingly, he is able to find it, then jam his way in and create ear-splitting feedback as they try to regroup. The nearer trooper, just in Eldrith's sight, rips off his helmet and throws it to the ground, holding his head in pain. The man looks young, in his early twenties, blond-haired and blue-eyed - obviously not a Jengo Fett clone.

At least they have a few more seconds.

The engines roar to life, and the warehouse door opens. The ship could exit, if someone were good enough to fly it.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith leans in toward the dehelmeted and disoriented trooper

Oh no son no no there's fire that helmets going to help with the smoke. Are you ok here let me see you I'm a docTOOOR!

and eldrith pushes the disoriented and confused trooper into the shed along with one of his smoke grenades

Then he latches the shed and puts a whole bunch of stuff in front of it to trap the trooper. If possible he also grabs the helmet

Guys, wheres that pick up?!?

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa continues her back, deciding that the most useful advantage would be a worm to burrow into imperial communications, they've been fleeing so far, what's wrong with a little more?

22. - Top - End - #622

Since the fire is burning alcohol, there is no smoke until Eldrith sets a smoke bomb. There unfortunately isn't a whole lot of stuff outside that he can move - there are construction materials, but they're too big for a man to push around.

Nodoa is able to plant the Trojan into the Imperial network, which will allow her to connect to it securely and remotely, for as long as it's in there. She might even be able to copy the program elsewhere, later.

However, the troopers are coming before long. Meanwhile, the bartender strides out of his shop and stares at the smoke. He doesn't look happy.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Eldrith may roll difficulty 2 skullduggery to get the helmet. If he succeeds, he gets the helmet. If he scores threats, the soldier knows he's been duped!

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa, understanding that her Trojan is secure, pulls out the cord to her implant, trying to remove tampering of the radio tower, with the map and the communications now, they should have a good idea of the imperials goals, perhaps even seeing where this inquisitor may be going. She quickly attempts to make her way back to Tenga and Carcon, trying to escape any attention from the troops

24. - Top - End - #624

After some prodding, Yijz rolls over. "Whyz cant'z you guyz szleepz when da bugz sleepz?" he rumbles, but then crawls into the cockpit, pulling out a flask of his seemingly endless supply of whiskey, and climbs into the cockpit. Taking a swig, he punches the throttle, the ship's dorsal fin clipping the top of the warehouse and tearing a small gash in the poorly-maintained corrugated metal. Were any to now come to this building, there would be no hiding that the ship had been there. Yijz guides it, flying along the same route as the road, rounding the corner after a minute and heading toward the town.

Tenga and Carcon are still inside of the bar, beside the bartender, who is looking around in horror. "What is burning...?" he looks, the fire seemingly coming from the shed, which is a few meters from where the flames are. He then rushes back inside of the bar.

Then, Nodoa spots a pair of soldiers, several blocks away, running toward the site of the tower, their weapons drawn.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa glances to the troopers momentarily, her hand wandering to the vibroknife tucked in her coat "Potential for trouble approaches..Stormtroopers may not care who set the fire off..."

26. - Top - End - #626
    Orc in the Playground

(Besides the use of the letter s you did well petrified! Sorry for my absence, work has really killed me. I'm on shutdown so next week I'll be much more active!)

27. - Top - End - #627
    Orc in the Playground

Whyzu no-tellzy yijz about-t-t diz-love-a-lyzzzz lit-t-tlez wateringzez holzey!? Yijz wanderz-z roundz lookzingzez forza useful-nezzez andz allza lookzingz outz forza badz white-za wearzingz plazticz-pajamzaz-manzez! Doingzingz za hardz work-k-k-k whyzuza havingz za manyz funz!

He says half serious, giving his friends a friendly chiding, but sad he missed a visit to his "place of worship"

Largely sober after a long sleep he checks the bottle, still plenty, so he takes another sip, and concentrates on saving his friends.
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2018-07-07 at 11:16 AM.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Orc in the Playground

After clipping the building, he puts the booze away and coms over to Ed for his position.

To those still at the bar you hear Yijz coming through your com.

Wellz yijz beezzez, onzza-wayz andz wouldz likeza requezt-t-t-t za lit-t-t-lzzz cockz and za tailyz forza roadz az youz-wouldzzay... Zomethingzez notzo fruityz, butz a zlizez of zpaze limeyz mightz juzt-t-t-t hitza allz the zpotz noz? A refrezingingz and nize-wayz t-t-t-to ztartz-za dayzyz eh?!
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2018-07-07 at 12:32 PM.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith is relieved to hear Yijz on the comms.

You get us out of here and it's yours bud

Eldrith realizing that containing this situation was getting hard by the second makes for the bar.

Once hes in the let's the bartender know the smoke is worse than its seems and that nothing is really in danger

Once he's assured he looks at his group

we've got to go and now

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

30. - Top - End - #630

"Oh, so you didn't set fire to anything," the bartender mutters under his breath. He glances at Eldrith's stolen helmet.