New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Colonial Upstarts II IC

Nodoa seemed to ignore the troopers once they stand down. Instead, she finds herself drawn to this new prototype weapon "My...so, powerful..and Inelegant. Yet, it has an intrigue to it.

Spoiler: OOC rolling Mechanics to find out some stuff about the weapon! What it needs to be complete, what sort of damage it does, all that sort
    Show

: 3eP+1eA 3 successes, 5 advantage

2. - Top - End - #842
    Orc in the Playground

Yijz siddles up to Zo. Zo, wez zhouldz killzemz andz takez ze cannonz forz ourzelfz! Wez gonnaz truzt-t-t zpaze piratez and impyz wit-t-t-t zuch technologiez!? Wez takez it-t-t andz leavez noz witnezzez... Wez canz bez uzing itz forza freedomz gettingz andza havingz ourz planet-t-t backz!
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2019-01-04 at 05:17 AM.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Barbarian in the Playground

The cannon is a turbolaser designed to fit on small frigates as a main weapon, or on larger cruisers as a point-defense against smaller craft (particularly frigates). Conceivably it could fit onto a freighter, although it would take a lot more power than a freighter typically has to operate it.

Most of the components are here, but will require some assembly and machining. Moving the parts on board the ship is likely to take a couple of hours, with the need for moving forklifts around and other parts. The one thing not here is a power cell necessary to power the weapon.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Cort freezes for a second, his face busy lighting up with joy, when the reality of the situation hits him. "Ah, crap. The Admiral might know where the original blue print is. This isn't any old blasta, mates. She is pretty special. You need to load her on, maybe Techie can fix her up a bit. I have some friends in high places that needs her more than we do."

"Now now Yijz, no need to kill them if they co operate. What are they going to tell? That they came to stop the pirates but ended up being stopped by us, the second group pirates. Seems like the high command would have figured that out for themselves." He walks back to the officer "I couldn't help ba notice that you got one of those trucks that transports prisoners. Now I know you know where they store the prisoner's equipment, yeah? Tell me where, there is something they owe me."

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa tilts her head at this turbolaser. It seems like something that could come in handy "We should take this with us. We may be able to add it to the ship we are currently using. Nothing wrong with adding some defences to our craft. It only requires a few more pieces befor eit is fully operational. Is there anyhting else that was found within this outpost?"

6. - Top - End - #846

"Admiral?" the officer chirps up in response to Cort's questioning. "These pirates had an admiral?" he asks. "It sounds like these other pirates aren't exactly your friends. If you let get back to report, and you tell us what you know of these pirates' admiral, Intel might be convinced to leave you alone in favor of going after the bigger fish, if you catch my drift." He pauses. "You're looking for your armor, I am guessing. I'm not sure the brass care enough to keep it, unless they're using it for a trap. Best bet would be the detention center where you were being taken to. As for other stuff, this cannon is the most interesting thing in this place. Some of the pirates had personal belongings, art, things like that. You could sell them, I suppose. I'm no mechanic, but that cannon doesn't look ready to fire without some work, though."

7. - Top - End - #847

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Ah, the nobility of the Imperial officer, offering up whatever he can to save his own skin."

Zo snorts derisively. After a short pause he turns to Yijz.

Much as it pains me to admit it Yijz, killing them all in cold blood would be wrong. In the heat of battle sure, but executing them is...not something I want to be involved in, even if the Empire did kill everyone I cared about."

He then walks up to stand next to Nodoa, looking at the weapon.

"It's nearly as long as our entire ship. Even if we could mount it, how would we power it? I think we'd need a bigger ship. But then again, I ain't no mechanic."

8. - Top - End - #848
    Orc in the Playground

Dont-t-t-tz youzzee Zo? Diz iz za firzt ztep! Zer will only bez morzez unlez wez zayz noooz whiles wez has chanzez!

It's uzez or zemz! Wez inza warz nowz'n'yahz-can't-t-t playza Mr. Politelyz now itz too late-t-t-t! Zquizh za invaderz now!

He pulls out a blaster and sticks it under the officer's chin.

Wez zufferz... wez diezez forourz famliez of za lovededz one andz wez bezoo hardzwit-t-thza workz and bez grindingz ourz veyrz livezez inzt-t-toz duztz...

We bez working ourz handzez to za bonez andz t-t-throughzez za exoz zkeleztonz!

Wez laborz in crookzez and za craniez, za darkzezez and za dangerouzez plazez...

Forza whatz?! Huhz? Juzt zo zome znotty richeyz brat-t-t, zome po-dooz likez youz canz playzz littlezy tyrantz!

Harzharzzarzhahz!!!

Was it worth it-t-t?! Pleazezayz it's waz, zo iz canz zee whatz yourz evilz mindz bez looking-likez fromza-inziderz! Zapz Zapz!

He makes a double pump trigger motion with his free hand and then puts his index finger on the man's forhead and pushed on it forcefully.
    Last edited by Ofmossandmoose; 2019-01-07 at 09:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #849

SamuraiGuy

Cort shakes his head slowly looking at Zo to see what he will do and raises another issue "This dumb bastard over heard our conversation about the admiral, we can't let him go free now. He is going to have to be our P.O.W." he looks over the other imperials "And those poor bastards as well."

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa turns from the canon, and looks to the soldiers "Do you serve the Empire out of Loyalty, or for easy payment? If it's paymant, Im sure the admril can provide"

11. - Top - End - #851

The officer looks terrified, but tries to keep his composure. Straining against Yijz' bloodthirsty desire for revenge, he tries to answer "I serve the Empire because I want peace. You help us take down the bigger fish that you just said you are worried about, and you can be left alone. You may even be rewarded, so you don't have to return to a life of piracy. Kill me, and the gand is right: there will be more coming. Probably more coming now, since I haven't reported back. Deal?"

The weapon is indeed massive, but a competent mechanic could mount the thing. You would need a good-sized facility to do so, though, not something that could happen with the equipment here. Hazabar and Tigozan's warehouse probably could, though.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa starts going about the business of readying the weapon for travel. She looks back to the group at large "The Pirates are nto here. And we mangaed toe scape for now. Im going to be stealing this weapon. Also, we best be leaving soon. Im sure our time can be better spent elsewhere, no?"

13. - Top - End - #853

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Agreed. Our obligation has been discharged. We should not linger. I'll help you to disassemble it so it will fit in our hold.

Zo looks down at the Imperials, hands curling and uncurling.

"WE can't leave them here. I'll find something to bind them with and hopefully our friends will have some ideas about how best to deal with them.

He looks over the prisoners, and his voice turns harsh and loud, causing uncomfortable vibrations in the very bones of those around him.

"Any funny business though, and you become more effort than you are worth to convince the Gand to stop. Remember that."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Zo will be looking around for some wire or cable, and helping with heavy lifting getting the weapon back to our ship.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa is already in the process of finding the proper equipment to unload the weapon "Ahh, thank you then. Once we make it backk to the ship perhaps we should consider our next destination. Perhaps the one you seemed so keen on going to earlier? Or...not going to I suppose."

15. - Top - End - #855

The Imperial officer allows himself to be bound and his soldiers, under orders, do the same.

As you disassemble the weapon, it becomes clear how incomplete it is. Although most of the major components are there, crucial elements such as the main power cables and the ammunition loading system, not to mention the ammunition itself, would need to be added before it could actually fire. Still, many of the parts are exceptionally well-made and designed. Even some other than Cort can probably recognize this as a Mandalorian weapon.

With the help of Zo and his immense strength, the disassembled cannon is loaded on board. Carcon eyes it with no small amount of amazement, and Tenga is concerned about the next move. Still, you are able to get the equipment back on board the ship without issue and take off without harassment, for now at least. Where do you go?

16. - Top - End - #856
    Orc in the Playground

Soz Iz got diz plaze outz in a countryzide... Itz abandonedandz za landz 8z nowzowned byza minez butz lazt I checkededz iz not-t-t-t yet-t-tz been tornededz downz. Could hidz out-t-t zere!

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

When the imperials have been bound Eldrith reaches into the satchel and pulls out his syringe and loads it up.

"Now just far warning your going to out for a while but plus side I've heard this gives you some pretty great dreams. Down side, it does give you crazy cotton mouth when you wake up. Sooo night night.

After all the troopers have been knocked out eldrith lots them and the corpse for all the gear, weapons, and armor that he can get. He also spends time downloading comms codes and other Intel from the officers data pad or the troopers armor. He moves onto ransacking the transport again looking for any intel or codes or gear of value.

Lastly eldrith heads searches for any computer terminals or elements that could hold information about the pirates. If he's able to find anything he downloads a copy to his terminal before wiping the information clean. He's hoping the admiral will appreciate such thoroughness and Intel on the pirate ops here couldn't hurt
    I check Giantitp at least once or twice a day

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC
    Imperial Warlords ACT I | ACT II| OOC | Admin

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa makes her way back to the ship after having finished the loading of the rifle "As much as I would like to equip a ship witht his weapon, I think our next objective should be this Farm everyone seems so intrested in finding. So far, most our enemies seem distracted with...other priorities"

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith looks to Nodoa Agreed,I think though that we need to update the admiral soon though.
    We might not tell him about the cannon but if they come back to us and ask about what we found it would be better if we had taken the initiative

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa shurgs "True enough. maybe leave a note. Or Send him a transmission. Either way, if we can find a way to make it to that farm and find what this inquisitor may want ffrom it..we can destroy it. or at least make sure that it's safe enough. If that sounds undoable I would recomend At least making it back to wherever Hazbar and Tenga are based. I imagine they would enjoy making it back"

21. - Top - End - #861

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I don't think it's a what so much as a who."

Zo comes up to the cockpit from the packed cargo hold.

"If we do want to go to the farm, I've got a better shot of finding it if I work with Trill on it, so I think that meeting back up with Tigozan, Hazabar and Trill makes most sense as our next move. Hell, they'll probably have the resources to mount and complete this pile of metal we've currently got in the hold if you wanted Nodoa!"

Zo looks back and his eyes play over their bound prisoners.

"Plus hopefully they'll have an idea what to do with these Imps. Maybe we could do some sort of hostage exchange to release others we need in this ragtag operation. Or we can use their intel and codes to undermine things on Sidarin, at least for a short time till the codes change."

Zo settles himself down against the wall, still as tall as the others in the pilot's seats despite sitting on the floor.

"That's what I think. Makes no sense to go straight to the farm, especially when we've only a vague idea of what is there."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Trying to centre myself and reach for the future, but unfortunately it seems to be clouded.

Foresee Roll: 1eF 1 Dark Side

22. - Top - End - #862

"Well, whatever this farm is you're looking for..." Carcon says, "If we just go back to Linko Sorisa, you know the Imps will be looking for us. We need a plan. Any way of contacting these confidants of yours?"

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa shakes her head "Unfortunately that's up to teh others. I know very little about the people on this planet and it's goings on. I was here on Buisness as it were...before I was swept into this chaos"

24. - Top - End - #864

SamuraiGuy

Cort steps in "Well mates, looking tha we have sleeping beauty here" he points his barrel at the knocked out officer "I have a personal duty to attend to. You see they have a family heirloom of mine discarded at the impound. So I will ask that we go get it. In the mean time the heat can cool down while we fly about to the impound. I doubt we will need to engage them, just snoop around and find it. The officer might even give us a proper veil to get it done unnoticed end I'm sure they won't be looking for us at their own imperial compounds."
    Last edited by Idares; 2019-01-27 at 05:00 AM.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldrith swivels his chair around to look at Cort.

Look I'm sure this family heirloom is important to you and everything friend but I dont think that heading towards more imperials over a brioche or string of grandmas Pearl's or whatever is worth it to us yeah?

I say Trill has more to offer us

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

26. - Top - End - #866
    Orc in the Playground

Wellz wez canz hidezez outzat-t-t-t at-t-t meez exfarmz whilez wez figurez outz about-t-t-tz Trillzez farmzy!

27. - Top - End - #867

Tenga, arms crossed, leans against the bulkhead and sighs. "I really think we're missing a bit of the story here. Who is this Trill? And what is this farm you keep talking about?" She pauses, then glances at Cort, and smirks. "Your accent... this armor of yours... wouldn't happen to be Mandalorian, now, would it?"

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Eldriths eyes go wide wait your heirloom is freakin mando armor? Well heck now that does change the story.

Current Games:
    Colony Upstarts IC | OOC

29. - Top - End - #869

SamuraiGuy

Cort perks up at Tenga's comment: "It is indeed, mate. You happen to see it in one of the prison trucks?

He looks to Eldrith "Yeah, I know it's risky, but I'm bound by hona' to get it back. Besides, that's the last place they will be looking for us while things calm down."

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nodoa puts a hand over her chin, raising a brow in interest "Well....A Mandalorian then? I can see the benefit of moving in an unexpected way...Fine. I can accept going to steal such an armor then"