New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Confessions 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Quote Originally Posted by Avianmosquito View Post
    I know information about all my characters that doesn't apply to any of the settings they are currently used in and serves zero purpose, like what kind of music they like, even who their favourite artists, albums and songs are. Is that weird? I feel like that's weird.
    I don't think so? I mean, maybe a lot of people don't do that, but it's good to flesh out your characters and so forth.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

I feel strange that people took my side on a forum disagreement
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post

Must RESIST SNARK!

(Sorry 8Bitninja, but so many jokes at your expense just came to mind, I'm trying to be better than that)

4. - Top - End - #454
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

I know, right? It rarely happens to me, either.

5. - Top - End - #455

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Trust me I seen them all and those anime are trash.
    What about Spirited away? That anime is pure art.

Or what about FMA?
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post

Or what about FMA?
    Oh yeah. I never seen Spirited Away and FMA. How could I missed those?

7. - Top - End - #457

Oh yeah. I never seen Spirited Away and FMA. How could I missed those?
    Well, GO WATCH THEM! And let the pure art of studio ghibli take over your soul and enlighten your mind.
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

Must RESIST SNARK!

(Sorry 8Bitninja, but so many jokes at your expense just came to mind, I'm trying to be better than that)
    Go ahead, do your worst.

But before you do, are we trying to make this a "roast me" thread like on Reddit?

Or what about FMA?
    FMA is the equation for Newton's second law. So FMA is not just art, it's science too.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

9. - Top - End - #459

Go ahead, do your worst.

But before you do, are we trying to make this a "roast me" thread like on Reddit?

FMA is the equation for Newton's second law. So FMA is not just art, it's science too.
    I don't really consider FMA art. It's really good, but not art.

But, everything Miyazaki has done so far is pure art to me.
    Last edited by S@tanicoaldo; 2017-04-14 at 11:25 AM.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Well, GO WATCH THEM! And let the pure art of studio ghibli take over your soul and enlighten your mind.
    I watch a little bit online and so far it's wonderful.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

You can't just remove the equals sign and say that it's still an equation. For one thing, putting it back in wrong gets ludicrous nonsense, like FM=A.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Like I said I've seen every anime that existed on TV, Movies, and Internet and most of the anime are garbage.
    Wow! I'm jealous of the amount of free time you must have.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Taffy View Post
    New confession: People making wild claims and then clinging to them with all their might both confounds and amuses me to no end.
    At the risk of skirting the forum rules, I imagine you find a lot to confound and amuse you in the daily news these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Sometimes I post when I have nothing valuable to add to a discussion, just to increase my post count.
    I think you've come to the right thread then.

I know information about all my characters that doesn't apply to any of the settings they are currently used in and serves zero purpose, like what kind of music they like, even who their favourite artists, albums and songs are. Is that weird? I feel like that's weird.
    I've done that once or twice, but not for all my characters. My character in a Terminator campaign I played in some years ago was a big music fan and would scavenge and trade for as many CD's as he could (90's industrial metal was his absolute favorite), so I figured out the entire contents of his CD carrier that he'd been able to trade for and acquire over the years, even the albums he didn't really like.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Wow! I'm jealous of the amount of free time you must have.

At the risk of skirting the forum rules, I imagine you find a lot to confound and amuse you in the daily news these days.

I think you've come to the right thread then.

I've done that once or twice, but not for all my characters. My character in a Terminator campaign I played in some years ago was a big music fan and would scavenge and trade for as many CD's as he could (90's industrial metal was his absolute favorite), so I figured out the entire contents of his CD carrier that he'd been able to trade for and acquire over the years, even the albums he didn't really like.
    Well I do have a job you know. Just because I have free time doesn't mean that I slack off and do no work.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Well I do have a job you know. Just because I have free time doesn't mean that I slack off and do no work.
    I never meant to imply that. Merely that, given the thousands of anime that are out there and therefore the large amount of time you would have to devote to something you don't even like, you must have an ample amount of time to spend. Either that or it's your job to watch anime that you don't like, in which case I have to ask how you got that job and why you do it.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I never meant to imply that. Merely that, given the thousands of anime that are out there and therefore the large amount of time you would have to devote to something you don't even like, you must have an ample amount of time to spend. Either that or it's your job to watch anime that you don't like, in which case I have to ask how you got that job and why you do it.
    I know that. I was just saying that I still have a life beside watching anime. And I work at AHRC, Employment and Business Service. My job is that I archive important folder and in case you want to know how I got that just AHRC help me got that job. Which I must say that my current job is much better than my former job I used to work with.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Here's the elephant in the room that I haven't seen anyone address yet: even assuming your claim to have seen "all animé" is true, given that you don't like it, why on earth did you watch so much of it?
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Here's the elephant in the room that I haven't seen anyone address yet: even assuming your claim to have seen "all animé" is true, given that you don't like it, why on earth did you watch so much of it?
    I only see most of the anime once.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Are you trying to logic Bartmanhomer?

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Confession: I use to work with an abusive boss at my former job.

20. - Top - End - #470

Does anyone else sometimes get whiplash from this thread, or is it just me?
    I do not think the way you think. If you try to apply your own mindset to the things I say, there will be miscommunications. If something I say seems odd to you or feels like it's missing steps, ask for clarification. I'm not some unreasonable, unknowable entity beyond your mortal comprehension, I'm just autistic and have memory problems.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    You can't just remove the equals sign and say that it's still an equation. For one thing, putting it back in wrong gets ludicrous nonsense, like FM=A.
    Yeah! Also, if you remove the equal sign it stops becoming an equation by definition.

Oh wait, that's my post you're talking about.

Maybe it was a dare?

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Taffy View Post
    Does anyone else sometimes get whiplash from this thread, or is it just me?
    Yeah, but most of it suspiciously comes from Bartmanhomer

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

That's pretty much what I was getting at with my comments about having all that free time.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm not addicted to anime because I do have a life of my own.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2017-04-15 at 08:52 PM.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

I just noticed the colour of my daughter's coffee, and asked her this question. "Hey sweetie, where did you get the creamer?", and she responded "Oh, I got it out of your fridge.". There is no creamer in my fridge. There is Irish Cream in my fridge. I feel like I should have caught this sooner. On the plus side, she's fine enough I never noticed the difference despite being around her near-constantly for the week or so she must have been doing this.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

I just noticed the colour of my daughter's coffee, and asked her this question. "Hey sweetie, where did you get the creamer?", and she responded "Oh, I got it out of your fridge.". There is no creamer in my fridge. There is Irish Cream in my fridge. I feel like I should have caught this sooner. On the plus side, she's fine enough I never noticed the difference despite being around her near-constantly for the week or so she must have been doing this.
    Using it in coffee at creamer dilution levels makes a mixed drink at really low alcohol levels, and that's before getting into how quickly alcohol evaporates at 95 C.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

-- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

Using it in coffee at creamer dilution levels makes a mixed drink at really low alcohol levels, and that's before getting into how quickly alcohol evaporates at 95 C.
    Depends on how much you put in. I get about 6% ABV when I drink it, but if she thought it was creamer she probably put in less than that.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Depends on how much you put in. I get about 6% ABV when I drink it, but if she thought it was creamer she probably put in less than that.
    There's some variability in terms of the amount of creamer per amount of coffee, but 5% creamer in the mix is pretty high - straight ethanol doesn't get to 6% ABV there. Irish Cream seems like it's usually about 17% ABV, so we're down to 0.85% ABV, and that's before taking into account alcohol lost to evaporation (for which the math gets a bit more convoluted and thus doesn't show up here).

-- ChubbyRain

28. - Top - End - #478
    Banned

HalflingRogueGirl

There's some variability in terms of the amount of creamer per amount of coffee, but 5% creamer in the mix is pretty high - straight ethanol doesn't get to 6% ABV there. Irish Cream seems like it's usually about 17% ABV, so we're down to 0.85% ABV, and that's before taking into account alcohol lost to evaporation (for which the math gets a bit more convoluted and thus doesn't show up here).
    Maybe when she drinks it. I mix coffee and Bailey's at about 2/1.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I don't believe in the heart of the cards. (Yu-Gi-Oh)

30. - Top - End - #480

I don't believe in the heart of the cards. (Yu-Gi-Oh)
    *gasp!* 10chars
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.