New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Fire emblem Sacred stones let's play (Screenshot edition)

Ugh I never know how to start these.

Well alot of people got into the series from Fire emblem awakening, and Fire emblem fates. But those were not the first games to be Americanized. No that honor goes to Blazing sword. Which is also not this game.

This is the second game. Sacred stones. Featuring the branching path of promotions that are in Awakening and Fates, along with monsters and grinding opportunities galore this is a relatively easy game.

What's the plot you ask? Well let's find out.

Spoiler: Prologue Part 1 of 3
    Show

You know this was the first game I ever got, that had these notices. Ah the memories.

The designers of Fire emblem.

These are the only two the opening sequence allowed me to catch. Perhaps they are important.

Let's begin shall we.

We go for normal to ease out of the spoiling that Awakening and Fates have provided for me.

Here we see some of the past in this world. Apparently some monstrous invasion almost ruined humanity.

Now... Who sent the Sacred stones?

A fifth level spell? Even at will that's not too impressive.

Wrong history! I'm sure that Grado used other troops besides warriors. (Unless he was doing some sort of ultimate warrior run?)

Well yeah. People will eventually declare war again. Whether for power, resources, to distract from internal problems.

What about that little island up there... That's not part of the continent...

Wait... Wait...

Let me get this straight. It's been 800 years, and no one has warred. That strains my suspension of disbelief. Seriously. Have the Game designers met humans, we can't go a bloody generation without wars, and these saints of human being went 800 years without one?

You know what sure. Let's go with that.

But these people haven't used their WMD. Nopesiree.

Wrong. The reasons why will be explained later.

Wrong.

Acceptable.

So wait.... They are joined.... Who did Carcino secede from? How did that not get a civil war in the aftermath? Alternatively why did the nations let a huge chunk of unclaimed land just sit around for nearly 800 years.

******* finally someone's acting like a real leader. Conquer and grow Vigarde. I salute you.

Probably because their war muscles have atrophied after 800 years of non use.

Woo! I for one welcome our new Grado overlords! Because they actually act as a leader! Crossbow rush!

I guess the Prince saw the writing on the wall and ran away.

All in all a pretty successful war for Grado. And now they have so much more land.

Here we see Renais castle.

Oh? What is it now besides your country being invaded, and you being unable to mount any resistance. What else could go wrong.

.... You guys are the worst.

So any last royal decrees?

Because I suggest executing this soldier for the country's failure.

Soldier "Your majesty, what are we to do?"
    Seppuku? Destroy the stone in a last ditch effort of spite to release the evil it contains?

Is the King finally agreeing with me?

Oh..... Well I guess you can try a daring prison escape then...

And what if she didn't. It's just a piece of jewelry right?

Really? I mean that'll just cause Freila to be the next target, assuming the Grado Empire cares about purging the bloodline, or kidnapping Eirika and forcing her to be a puppet. Hayden might well just sell her to the Grado Empire. I mean he has his own people to care about.

And what of King Fado. Find out next time on Fire emblem Z!!!!! I mean Fire emblem sacred stones.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Fire emblem Sacred stones let's play (Screenshot edition)

This is the only Fire Emblem game I've actually played. Didn't finish it all the way through, though I did get pretty far.

I also thought the introduction was pretty weird. Though I did ponder one thing briefly. If your nations have all been at peace for 800 years, what does it actually mean to be an ally? I don't understand what the concept of "ally" could mean to the people in those nations.

The best I could figure was "trading partner in good standing."
    I write a horror blog in my spare time.

3. - Top - End - #3

Spoiler: Reply
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by BeerMug Paladin View Post
    This is the only Fire Emblem game I've actually played. Didn't finish it all the way through, though I did get pretty far.

I also thought the introduction was pretty weird. Though I did ponder one thing briefly. If your nations have all been at peace for 800 years, what does it actually mean to be an ally? I don't understand what the concept of "ally" could mean to the people in those nations.

That's what I assumed. It's quite possible to be neutral to a nation, and thus not be an ally, but also not be at war.

Spoiler: Prologue part 2 of 3
    Show

Wait... why? You're not going to be able to reclaim the throne from a cell.

Fado "I must know why."
    I'm going to guess it had to do with the whole no war for 800 years leaving you completely unprepared.

Yes! Granted it would be hard for Fado to wage war since he's surrounded on all sides.

The whole no war thing is a likely cause.

Eirika "If you stay behind, then so shall I!"
    Somebody of the royal family really needs to leave yesterday....

As we'll find out later. Eirika literally must survive.

No! Wrong! You failure!

Even if he's as incompetent as you are.

See Seth doesn't trust Franz with anything important. Since the battle's already ended, they wouldn't actually be reinforcements.

??? "Well, this must be my lucky day."

Wrong! How do you not even know your own class, genius.

Even though Valter initiates combat Seth swings first with a surprise never used again Vantage. He misses his target however, and Valter strikes back with a counter-attack.

Seth tries raising his arms high to intimidate Valter!

Well sorry, that's what I assumed you were going for!

Instead he chooses to rescue Eirika and bolt.

Valter "How entertaining."

Really that's the only reason we're still alive.

Neither can she. Because her eyes are closed.... Get it?

Eirika "Allow me to treat it, I--"
    Why hasn't it been treated!? Do neither of you have healing items?

It's literally a action to treat it, you can't double move in this game!
    Seth "We must fulfill his majesty's wishes."

Depends. Is Grado executing the prisoners for XP?

Neither of that speaks to skill level.

But safety's so boring!

Eirika "Come, Seth. Let us go."
    Shouldn't you treat the wounds first?

Let's get down to business to defeat Grado!
    Seth "Let us proceed, Princess Eirika."

Eirika is less then thrilled to hear this.
    Last edited by Illven; 2016-11-27 at 09:07 PM.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BeerMug Paladin View Post

There could also be the matter of intelligence. While actual intelligence agencies are obviously out of the picture there's still likely to be networks of nobles who share information with each other, some mercantile information networks, and of course good old town to town gossip spread by travelers. There's also still stuff to have intelligence about - while military actions are out there are bandit groups and the like, and it's reasonable to assume there are various other criminals around. Allies would be sharing these networks, other countries might not.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Spoiler: Replies
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    There could also be the matter of intelligence. While actual intelligence agencies are obviously out of the picture there's still likely to be networks of nobles who share information with each other, some mercantile information networks, and of course good old town to town gossip spread by travelers. There's also still stuff to have intelligence about - while military actions are out there are bandit groups and the like, and it's reasonable to assume there are various other criminals around. Allies would be sharing these networks, other countries might not.
    And in fact it's possible for countries to spread mis-information, while still technically being at peace.

Spoiler: Prologue part 3 of 3;First blood!
    Show

Seth tells us to save Eirika if we need to. And gives us the rapier. We will go over that, shortly.

But not before Grado troops catch up to us!

Eirika demands blood!

Here we see Eirika in all of her glory. She starts off with poor Hp, Str, and Def, but with good Skl and Spd. What do these stats mean? We'll find out!
    Eirika's growths. (Hp 70% Str 40% Skl 60% Spd 60% Luck 60% Def 30% Res 30%) You see when a unit in Fire emblem levels up they don't necessarily gain stats instead for each of those seven stats, a 1d100 is rolled, if the number it rolls is equal to or less then the growth rate, that stat gains a +1. It's possible to gain no stats in a level up, but in Eirika's case I believe it's barely more then half a percent chance. Here we see Eirika has decent Hp and Str growths, and outright good growths in the rest of that stats. That's helpful because we're stuck with her.

Won't be kind for much longer.

This. Eirika is of the Lord class. That means she can wield certain weapons, they can sieze certain places, and pretty much this lets you know she's the main character.

Here we see Eirika's starting inventory. A vulenrary is an item that heals 10 hp each time it is used. The rapier is a special sword that only Eirika can use. It has decent power, high accuracy, a buff to crit chance, is lightweight, and is effective against units in heavy armor, and on horses/

Here we see Eirika's starting weapon ranks. She can only use swords, and she starts with the lowest weapon rank in them. (It starts at E rank, then goes up to D, C, B, A, and then S) Eirika cannot obtain an S rank quite yet, but she will almost certainly have one before the end game.

Here we see Seth's starting stats. They are significantly higher then Eirika's for one real reason.

What the game doesn't outright tell you, is it's because of his class. Effectively he's treated as a level 21 unit. Paladins are mounted units that can use Swords and Lances. Lances are stronger, but less accurate and heavier then swords.
    Seth's growths (Hp 90%, Str 50%, Skl 45%, Spd 45% Luck 25% Def 40% Res 30%)

Most games give you a Paladin (or Great knight) at the start of the game. In most cases these units are useless come late game and only serve as a nuclear option should all hope seem lost early on. However Seth cements what Marcus in FE 7 arguably starts. The Oifaey archetype. Instead of being useless come end game, Seth's growth range from decent to outright good, and thus he is a perfectly serviceable Paladin to use. You'll still not want to over use him early. (He gains exp a-lot slower right now then Eirika.) But no reason he can't come on the end game team.

Here we see his inventory. Steel weapons, are generally stronger then Iron weapons. (Which tend to serve as the base type of weapon), but are less accurate, heavier, and slightly harder to use and more expensive. Silver weapons are stronger then Iron weapons, while being between Iron and Steel in accuracy and weight, but are extremely difficult to use, and quite a bit more expensive.

Here we see Seth's weapon ranks. He starts off with an A (The second highest rank) in Swords and Lances, and he can go up to an S rank in one of them. (But only one, units can generally only get 1 S rank with one exception)

Here we see the enemy's leader. He's got more Hp, and Str then Eirika but that's it.

He's of the Fighter class, which uses Axes. This means that thanks to the Weapon triangle, Eirika has an advantage when attacking him. Swords beat Axes, which beat Lances, which beats swords. If you're facing a weapon that you're beating you gain a +15% to hit, and +1 damage, while the enemy loses -15% to hit, and -1 damage.

And here we see the first Iron axe. Iron weapons are generally low power, but accurate, low weight, cheap, and easy to use.

And the other enemies are fighters as well.

So first things first, Eirika needs xp, so we send her to hold the pass.

Like so. We have Seth stand right behind her for reasons.

The fighter takes a swing at Eirika, but misses. Eirika responds by attacking twice in return.

On our turn we have Eirika attack the fighter to kill him, so that on the next enemy phase they don't both attack and possibly kill Eirika.

Eirika responds by critting him in the face.

The second fighter then rushes up and attacks, he misses and then Eirika proceeds to crit him in the face.

Here we see Seth looking into the distance. Horrified that the Princess of Renais has turned so blood thirsty in such a short time.

Eirika proceeds to move into the forest for defense. Standing in forests give +1 to def, and make enemies 20% less likely to hit you.

Seth said that, not Eirika.

You're not a true warrior! None of us are knights! Eirika's a lord, Seth is a Paladin!

He swings and misses, and Eirika proceeds to crit him in the face.

Eirika demands blood?

Eirika gains 80 experience and proceeds to hit 100 and level up. (Units always need 100 experience to level up, and higher level units gain less from fighting.)

Eirika gains Hp, Skl, Spd, Res

Hp as we all know is life force, etc. What's different from Fire emblem is that once this hits 0 that's it. You cannot use the unit again, they either have a plot critical injury, or they just die. In Eirika's case her ever hitting 0 hp is an instant map over. This game carries no revival options. For those used to Awakening and Fates. This is classic mode.

Skl aids in hitting your foe, and critting them. Every point of Skl adds +2 to accuracy, and half of your skill goes to the unit's base crit chance.

Spd aids in dodging your foe, and doubling them. Every point of Spd adds +2 to your evasion, and if you have 4 more points of attack speed then your foe you will double attack them.

Res aids in tanking magical attacks. Every point of resistance is 1 point less magical damage you'll take from each hit.

That blood's not hers.

Even she's confused.

Who?

She likes it.

No. We've just gone over how Hp, Skl, Spd, and Res are relevant try to keep up Princess.

For possible reasons. Please see my first post.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Eirika seems awfully unconcerned with being hurt. Can she even feel pain?

7. - Top - End - #7

Show

@Technognome. Well that's because she wasn't hit by the enemy. Hence the comment about the blood not being hers.

Spoiler: Chapter 1 part 1
    Show

Wait why are grado forces approaching. They already have Renais territory. Are they trying for a domination victory?

That's why they are attacking now!

You're not going to do anyone any good captured or dead.

The siege is probably going to be broken before they get here though.

That's probably correct.

He wants all the delicious delicious xp for himself.

And this soldier understands that his boss's growths are better.

So Breguet opens up with a surprise critical attack. Killing the Frelian merc instantly.

Less then 1% of the time.

What is your class that would make him at all worried.

That doesn't tell him your class...

Well what classes are they? He might not need to worry about a pair of Myrmdions.

Breguet "Seize the girl and lock her up!"
    Strangely he doesn't use her at all as a hostage...

Bodies as far as the eye can see.

Seth "Princess, this place is perilous."

Yes we can. Quite easily in fact.

Along with their mercs, knights, wyvern riders, etc.

Look. They needed the xp....

Seth is displeased with my commentary.

Perhaps. Or perhaps they will die! Find out now!

Do they, do they really?

She sounds so happy.

Here we see the Boss's stats.

Knight's are slower then any other unit in the game, they have heavy armor that resists most physical blows, and wield lances.

Here we see his iron lance.

Here we see Soldiers. Soldiers are small units, they wield lancesbut have nothing special about them.

Let the battle begin!

Houses are places you can visit for fluff information. They include world building, tips on what to do next, etc. They also provide a slight avoid bonus.

Here we get some advice that a unit on a gate can be tough to deal with.

Why isn't he using Tana as a hostage.

Fighters attempt to harm Eirika. But they miss.

Franz has brought reinforcement.

Until we give them next left to lose.

Why is Franz a member of the Eastern watch now?

Here we see Gilliam our very own knight.

Gilliam's growths are Hp 90% Str 45% Skl 35% Spd 30% Luck 30% Def 55% Res 20%. Gilliam has quite a poor speed growth, this an issue because speed is the most important stat in Fire emblem, however his Strength, and Defense growths are good so if you need someone to plug in a wall that only has enemy weapon units he can perform quite well.

Gilliam can promote. This game has branched promotions allowing Gilliam to take either the General class. Or the Great knight class.
    General offers Hp +4 Str +2 Skl +2 Spd +3 Def +2 Res +3 Con +2 Mov +1, the great shield skill, and the ability to use Swords and Axes
    Great knight offers Hp +3 Str +2 Skl +1 Spd +2 Def +2 Res +1 Con +0 Mov +2, and the ability to use swords and axes

He starts off with an iron lance.

And a decent ability to use lances.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post

Why isn't he using Tana as a hostage.
    Hostage taking is for convincing a superior enemy not to attack you. Breguet doesn't have superior enemies, he has inferiors he wants to fight delivering themselves to him.

You know, as far as he's concerned.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

-- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Can't wait for Gheb.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Just got caught up. The snark levels are on point, keep up the good work.

He swings and misses, and Eirika proceeds to crit him in the face
    I have the feeling this will be a series of words we will read quite often throughout this LP.
    Truth resists simplicity.

11. - Top - End - #11

Show

Hostage taking is for convincing a superior enemy not to attack you. Breguet doesn't have superior enemies, he has inferiors he wants to fight delivering themselves to him.

You know, as far as he's concerned.
    True, true. He thinks he can take them and wants their delicious delicious exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Can't wait for Gheb.
    Is that a vote for Route B then?

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Just got caught up. The snark levels are on point, keep up the good work.

I have the feeling this will be a series of words we will read quite often throughout this LP.
    Thank you, thank you.

And yeah, especially with this Eirika.

Spoiler: Chapter 1 part 2 of 3;
    Show

Here we see Franz. Our first Cavalier. Cavalier's are unpromoted paladins. However as you'll find out soon they can promote into other classes.

Franz's growth rates Hp 80% Str 40% Skl 40% Spd 50% Luck 40% Def 25% Res 20% Franz is.... most likely overshone by Seth, Seth's growth rates actually beat out Franz (except Speed and Luck) to the point that on average, Seth is just a tankier slower Franz with maybe slightly worse 20/20 stats, the fact that Seth needs less training means that unless Franz gets lucky, their isn't much reason to use him.

Franz can promote into either the Paladin, or the Great Knight class.
    Paladin offers Hp +2 Str +1 Skl +1 Spd +1 Def +2 Res +1 Con +2, Mov +1
    Great knight offers Hp +3 Str +2 Skl +1 Spd +2 Def +2 Res +1 Con +4, Mov -1. He gains a weakness to armor slaying weapons and the ability to wield axes.

Here we see Franz's stats.

Here we see Franz can barely wield swords, and is okay at wielding lances.

Here we see enemies to kill.

Gilliam attacks the soldier, weakening it for Franz.

Who ignores the weapon triangle to try to stab this soldier.

As Eirika crits this fighter, ending his worthless life.

Seth makes a visit.

And we get info on the fact that certain weapons are anti-armor.

Seth stays adjacent to Eirika.

As the fighter chooses to try to attacking Gilliam who responds with a solid blow in return.

Franz avenges the wound Gilliam as suffered.

But it is Gilliam who is successful in murder this day!

Eirika pulls out her royal rapier to fight off this fighter.

And proceeds to get a decent level up.

Franz considers talking to Seth.

But decides to engage in good old fashioned violence!

Seth however!

Franz is on a high after his latest kill. Joy and power has left him bored with this conversation.

He recites cliche lines in a hope to get Seth to shut up.

Seth "I want you to ride with us."
    But Seth has a lecture prepared.

Eirika starts talking with Franz.

Franz "We rode as swiftly as we could."

Gilliam takes on a soldier.

Correction. Obliterates the soldier.

Franz also attacks a soldier.

To much less success then Gilliam.

Eirika attacks a fighter.

Increasing in weapon rank as seen here.

Franz fights another soldier.

As Gilliam takes on the soldier.

The soldier chooses to tangle with Franz.

As Gilliam engages the boss. Who still thankfully is not using a hostage.

The boss fight begins!

Breguet also attacks. And an epic knight versus knight struggle begins.

And then Seth murders. (I let Seth do this, because Bosses have a bonus to exp for being bosses, this doesn't account for level at all, thus Seth gets over a third of a level for murdering the boss, a much higher percentage boost compared to what he would usually get.)

[Meanwhile Eirika lives now to kill.]

And to see her friends.

So you went closer to a wartorn nation?

Wouldn't he be the last to know, since messengers have to travel the country?

Who do they leave to reinforce it?

Tana "Eirika! Come out now!"
    What is she a pokemon?

I think Tana believes you should be say "Eirika! Eirika!"

Eirika "But I'm not sure if my father..."
    What happened to her father? Find out next time on Fire emblem Z!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

I'm considering this verification of my reasons for no hostages hypothesis. Nonchalantly commenting that his troops are useless, with the implication he doesn't need them? Handling an enemy armor knight just fine? Being shocked when an anti armor horseman manages to ride him down? Breguet just knows he's that good.

-- ChubbyRain

13. - Top - End - #13

Show

I'm considering this verification of my reasons for no hostages hypothesis. Nonchalantly commenting that his troops are useless, with the implication he doesn't need them? Handling an enemy armor knight just fine? Being shocked when an anti armor horseman manages to ride him down? Breguet just knows he's that good.
    In the end it was hubris that ended him, not Seth.

Spoiler: Chapter 1 part 3 of 3
    Show

Yes he survived?

Just had to get her hopes up by saying yes, didn't you.

Seth chooses stoicism.

Doesn't Franz have something to say? His king just died.

Eh. She's at full hp though, so it won't work.

Eirika decides to not tell him why it won't work.

A king for a king?

You wouldn't believe what they charge for reconnaissance now a-days.

Well I mean, is he aware the capital fell?

But you're not mounted....

Oh come on. I seriously doubt Frelia has an all warrior army.

But... But... The thrill of the kill. The enemy's blood on my hands, the... the sight as their light leaves their eyes is too euphoric?

This is why people say you engage in twincest! Dammit Eirika.

Well you can. You are physically capable of doing so. You just won't.

So Renais has 90% of an army? I mean that's not ideal but really alot better then I thought.

But she has 90% of an army at her beck and call. She'll be fine.

Hayden "We cannot spare a single brigade."
    Well....

90% of an army is incapable of mounting a rescue mission. Seems legit game, seems legit.
    Hayden "Are you so determined to go?"

Sell her to Grado for peace and a pretty penny. I mean it's what I would do.
    Hayden "Vanessa."

You know as far as they know he's sending them on a suicide mission. Are they going to be okay with this?

Moulder considers treason.

Vanessa throws her life away.

As does Gilliam. To Eirika's annoyance.

So I'm sending them to their deaths?

Even into mountainous terrain?

Hayden throws money at us.

Nah I just figured we take the money, the soldiers and party across the Frelian coast line for a few months and say we didn't find anything. You in?

Murder apparently.

Well not now.

Because Grado wanted more land.

See above commentary.

Not anymore! At least for the above statement.

Oh... A recruit-able character perhaps?

14. - Top - End - #14

I'm guessing 90% of the army is Seth.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, you *******. How many times have I told you I'm not done?
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

16. - Top - End - #16

Show

I'm guessing 90% of the army is Seth.
    Then does Franz not count?

Quote Originally Posted by RagingKrikkit View Post
    Oh, you *******. How many times have I told you I'm not done?
    Statue of limitations.

Spoiler: Chapter 2 part 1 of 4
    Show

Here we see the world map. A feature introduced to America in Sacred stones. We can move to places we've been and buy from stores that the map contained. Since Border Mulan has no shops, and the Castle is apparently absent any economic activity. We cannot do this yet.

So we choose to go to Ide.

Along with almost every other class, game.

Game "a part of Renais."

As opposed to when the castle fell?

Not protected any more.

And Grado other classes I assume.

Not if you're going to charge us....

No! Don't do it! The rates she charges will bankrupt this army!

A.... good war. Statements like that lead me to believe that the peace has been over exaggerated.

Well.... I guess our soldiers are preoccupied, but all our other classes...
    NPC "Right, Bone.-- You're in charge."

Who are these mysterious people?

He's delegating his own delegation. True middle management of the bandit era.

Here we learn that some enemies can raze villages. This is bad, because we want to visit villages.

Ross is about to go super sayian.

WRONG! How do you not know your own dad's class.

Not-Warrior Dad. "Please! Someone help my son!"

And collect my paycheck.

You now owe me 50000 gold.

You now owe her an obscene amount of money that you are incapable of repaying. We could offer you favorable loans based on Renais royal treasury, but it is currently occupied by Grado forces.

Oh right the civilians...
    Eirika "Vanessa, How fare the villagers?"

That would be very expensive. Healing staves don't grow on trees you know.

Also that.

Shouldn't it be queen? I mean her dad's dead, and her brother is missing in action. Or does she HAVE to be crowned first?

Here we see Vanessa's starting stats. Pegasus knights are flying units which means they are not impeded or benefit from terrain, (Because apparently they fly all the time?) Pegasus knights use lances even though they are all small girls that get impeded by iron weapons. Pegasus knights can promote to Falcoknights, or Wyvern knights

Vanessa's growths are Hp 50% Str 35% Skl 55% Spd 60% Luck 50% Def 20% Res 30% Vanessa is okay.... I tend not to like her much as I find her both too weak, and too frail to do much.

Vanessa's promotions give her.
    To Falcoknight Hp +5 Str +2 Skl +0 Spd +2 Def +2 Res +2 Con +1 Mov +1 and Sword rank E
    To Wyvernknight Hp +3 Str +2 Skl +1 Spd +2 Def +1 Res +1 Con +4 Mov +1 weakness to dragon slaying weapons and the skill Pierce. Pierce gives a 1% chance per level of ignoring the enemy's defense on an attack. A quite useful skill, however it can literally break the game with animations on.

Vanessa has a slim lance, slim is a category available to most weapons. They are lighter, more accurate, and slightly liker to crit, but weaker then iron weapons. She also has the javelin. It's heavier, weaker, and less accurate then an iron lance, but it's able to strike from further away.

She starts with a decent lance rank.

Here we see Moulder. A priest which means instead of fighting he's a source of healing for when our units are damaged. However, he has no way of gaining exp except by healing us, which means it can be hard to level him. He's got quite a high con for a magic user, which is useless right now, but as he can promote to Bishop or Sage, it will be used to quite nice effect.

Moulder's growths are Hp 70% Mag 40% Skl 50% Spd 40% Luck 20% Def 25% Res 25%

If Moulder promotes to a Bishop he gains Hp +3 Mag +2 Skl +1 Spd +0 Def +3 Res +2 Con +2 Mov +1, Light magic rank D, and the skill Slayer. Which I will reveal later what it does.
    If Moulder promotes to a Sage he gains Hp +4 Mag +1 Skl +0 Spd +0 Def +3 Res +3 Con +2 Mov +1, Anima magic rank C, and Light magic C

And our enemy boss's stats.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Complaints about 50,000 gold, unreasonable repayment, etc. as a result of scouting?

Do I detect Volke related grievances? It seems like Volke related grievances.

-- ChubbyRain

18. - Top - End - #18

Show

Complaints about 50,000 gold, unreasonable repayment, etc. as a result of scouting?

Do I detect Volke related grievances? It seems like Volke related grievances.
    I've actually only played Blazing sword, Sacred stones, Awakening to completion, and have never touched the Tellius games. Unfortunately.

Spoiler: Chapter 2 part 2 of 4
    Show

We find out about his middle management.

This bandit will drop some healing juice.

And so we begin!

We see a middle aged lady complaining to another person.

Eirika "Hurry! Before the bandits arrive."
    Is it really that simple? Are the bandits really going to see closed gates and think "Aw Shucks. Now I can't bandit today."

Welp we're boned.

I will accept this, because she is lying.

Then why do you have that royal rapier.

And you're just going to let armed individuals do whatever they want in Renais territory?

Also wrong!

To let the bandits reign?

Oh huh. I wonder why?

Well I mean we're mercenaries in this cover story. So what are you paying?

Worst Mercenary ever.

She's not a general.....

Yes.

So... Don't we need to get this appraised before we consider this valid payment. Like gems sell as well as gold, but we have no idea what this is worth.

Oh? Elixirs are items that fully heal a unit's hp when used.

Vanessa's taxi service. The best taxi service in all the Frelia army.

NPC Garcia and Enemy Bandit fight to the death!

Garcia proceeds to choose to engage the bandit at range.

Eirika recruits this guy to our side.

Ross "My name's Ross."
    She looks so annoyed.

Eirika "Seth, take the boy somewhere safe."

Oh, are you?

Ross "I'm the son of the great Garcia!"

So annoyed.

Ross agrees and thus he is healed.

We sell the red gem and start buying items.

Franz engages the mighty jumping bandit.

As Garcia and the bandit to the axe-tango.

Ross's growths Hp 70% Str 50% Skl 35% Spd 30% Luck 40% Def 25% Res 20%

Ross is a Journeyman, a sort of proto fighter. Ross is a tier 0 that gets 9 level ups before he promotes to a tier 1 class. This allows Ross to have either really high stats, or really poor stats. Thus it's luck if he'll turn out.

Ross can promote to a Fighter or a Pirate.
    If he promotes to fighter he gains Hp +2 Str +2 Skl +1 Spd +0 Def +0 Res +1 Con +3 Mov +1 Axe rank +30
    If he promotes to Pirate he gains Hp +2 Str +2 Skl +0 Spd +1 Def +1 Res +0 Con +2 Mov +1 Axe rank +30, and the ability to walk on water. Since Ross gain exp at an accelerate rate please feel free to start voting on what I should promote him to.

A hatchet is a axe that is weak, but accurate, light, and can strike at range.

Ross is barely able to wield axes.

Good thing he can attack at range.

Gilliam finishes up the bandit.

For a bad level up.

And a vulenrary.

Moulder heals Gilliam paper cut for exp.

We buy more items.

As Eirika and Franz hold the line.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Wow, that was the shadiest deal to save innocent lives I have ever seen. Just saying.

20. - Top - End - #20

Show

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Wow, that was the shadiest deal to save innocent lives I have ever seen. Just saying.
    Eirika is embracing the dark side.

Spoiler: Chapter 2 part 3 of 4
    Show

And so the young man has blood on his hands..... Kinda like the bandit squirted blood as if from a pressure hose.

As the bandit and the Gilliam duel.

The NPC steals our experience.

But now, he's near us. We might be able to have his son talk to him.

I just killed my first man! It was so cool!

WHY DO YOU HAVE BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS!?

But you're not a fighter yet! Though I suppose I can see why you'd want to emulate one.

You require a badge for that!

Here we see Garcia. Garcia is a fighter. A tier 1 class that has access to axes. I tend not to like Fighters. Finding them too slow, and not tough enough to use.

Regardless here are Garcia's growths.
    Garcia Hp 80% Str 65% Skl 40% Spd 20% Luck 40% Def 25% Res 15%. As we see Garcia has a startlingly high growth for skill. However he is held back by his terrible speed growth that he may never be able to fully compensate for.

Garcia can promote into a Warrior or a Hero.
    Promoting into a Warrior gives him Hp +3, Str +1 Skl +2, Spd +0 Def +3 Res +3 Con +2 Mov +1 and Bow rank E
    Promoting into a Hero gives him Hp +4 Str +1, Skl +2 Spd +2 Def +2 Res +2 Con +0 Mov +1 and Sword rank C

Here we see Garcia's hand axe. A hand-axe is the javelin of the axe family.

And we see a quite good axe rank.

NPC "What? B-bandits?!"

Pure water is an item that temporarily raises a unit's resistance. Their defense against magical attacks. It slowly wears off over time.

Seth. AKA apparently 90% of our army.

Also the end of your life.

But thanks to the wonders of middle management, taking out the leader doesn't end battle. We must kill them all. So Moulder heals up Gilliam for some tasty tasty EXP.

As Garcia softens up this bandit.

As Eirika slits this bandits throat.

And Vanessa braves some axes to try and get some experience.

This is it. The final bandit. We will kill him and end the threat to the villages forever.

Moulder does whatever he can to gather experience.

Vanessa retreats back to soften up the bandit.

For Ross to score another kill!

Le sigh Ross. Le sigh.

Seth disagrees.

Blast his cover was blown!

Now. Here's where I would scream that Seth isn't a recruit. However, he is speaking in the past tense, and he was a recruit at one point.

That's why he's asking instead of ordering, Garcia.

You were never a soldier actually.

What part of, you were never a soldier do you not understand?
    Garcia "I left no time for family."
    Or apparently, learning what class you were.

The fellow villagers? Sucks to be them!
    Garcia "I've no regrets. I'm the boy's father."

Not yet you're not.

He was never a soldier!

He may have one day wanted to be a warrior.

Ha Ha Ha Ha! That's hilarious.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

So Magvel has been at peace for 800 years but Garcia is supposed to be some kind of war hero or something?

Garcia confirmed as really being over 800 years old. Or a spinner of really tall tales.
    Last edited by JohnTheSavage; 2016-12-19 at 10:00 AM.
    Just "John" is fine.

Credit to Edwin for the awesome orc avatar.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

What do you mean that Erica cannot ride? She can ride with Seth.

Also hi Ilven, hope you are well.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheSavage View Post
    So Magvel has been at peace for 800 years but Garcia is supposed to be some kind of war hero or something?

Garcia confirmed as really being over 800 years old. Or a spinner of really tall tales.
    Either that or the guard is dealing with nigh constant extensive banditry problems. That seems pretty plausible (there have been a lot of bandit groups springing up out of the woodwork), but it doesn't speak well to the governance.

-- ChubbyRain

24. - Top - End - #24

Show

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheSavage View Post

And it can't even be bandits, because then you'd think he'd find fulfillment in guarding families like his.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    What do you mean that Erica cannot ride? She can ride with Seth.

Also hi Ilven, hope you are well.
    But they can only rescue three people at a time though.

Either that or the guard is dealing with nigh constant extensive banditry problems. That seems pretty plausible (there have been a lot of bandit groups springing up out of the woodwork), but it doesn't speak well to the governance.
    Well but then you would think he wouldn't have a lack of fulfillment.

Spoiler: Chapter 2 part 4 of 4.
    Show

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Not yet you aren't.

That's why Garcia is going to slit his throat in the middle of the night.

So wait. Who's going to stay here and help rebuild.

He needs someone's help certainly.

So we can talk to Grado... For no reason.

Blast.
    Eirika "Your safety is reward enough."

I guess Grado's at -10 or more unhappiness.

Why would they take the effort to always kill you... Better to let the runners leave so they don't expend energy taking care of them.

Well how many soldiers does he have?
    NPC "These are dark days. Travel with care."

Oh I'm sure he's fine. Either that or you'll promote over his body...

You see this was before the murder spree, so Eirika seems to have normal levels of aggression.

Oh how wrong he was.

But a knightly bout is so dashing and brave.

But that just because one can, doesn't mean one should.
    Eirika "And yet..."

A quick lie.

Can't tell him I want to feel what it's like to see the light leave a man's eyes as I drive the sword into his heart.

Eirika "So please, Ephraim."

Who... Who are you?

Wouldn't that be cause for execution in most kingdoms.

Oh he is boned.

Um... why?

Um okay....?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

But don't you see? The bracelet the symbolizes the bond between Eirika and Ephriam is way more important than showing the actual bond between Eirika and Ephriam!
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2016-12-27 at 11:56 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Show

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    But don't you see? The bracelet the symbolizes the bond between Eirika and Ephriam is way more important than showing the actual bond between Eirika and Ephriam!
    It turns out. Ephraim was the bracelet all along!

Spoiler: Chapter 3 part 1 of 4
    Show

So wait.... Who is the tracker of this group? Because if he's still in their line of sight, why didn't some combination of Seth, Franz, and Vanessa run the thief down?

She can. She just won't.....

Instead of finding the mysterious bracelet?

Oh! We're killing two birds with one stone.

Bandits exist anywhere Eirika.

Wait? Really? Were they all equipped with Axereavers? Or did they just eat the weapon triangle disadvantage.
    Furthermore. What did Eirika think the army was for, besides hunting down bandits if their had been peace for 800 years?

Probably planning to go autocracy if we're being honest. (Oh wait, what's the Civ 6 reference that would fit there, I need to play it more.)

Who is that?

No we don't want any girl scout cookies.

How is this our problem?
    Even Eirika agrees with me!

Or I'll slit your throat.

Neimi "Except the village is gone."

Damn they are through.

Neimi "That's where Colm..."

How is he going to do so?

Can you help at all?

Eirika "She is a citizen of Renais, after all."

Well. Seth's. Not yours.

Eirika "So, yes, I feel we must help her."

I got the impression that she wasn't hundred percent sure where the hideout was.

And I was wrong.

And people are just really smart animals?

Neimi is shooting Seth her bedroom eyes.

But... But not all of you can use axes?

Neimi's growths Hp 55% Str 45% Skl 50% Spd 60% Luck 50% Def 15% Res 35%

And here we have Neimi. Neimi is an archer, a class that uses bows. Bows strike from 2 tiles away, but are unable to strike in melee. They are all effective against flying units, like Pegasus knights. Neimi herself has one major issue, her low starting strength, along with her only decent strength growth can often leave her strength screwed and unable to damage anything that isn't a flier.

Neimi can promote to Ranger or Sniper
    If she promotes to Ranger she gets Hp +2 Str +2 Skl +2 Spd +1 Def +3 Res +3 Con +3 Mov +2, a weakness to horse slaying weapons, and sword rank D
    If she promotes to Sniper she gets Hp +4 Str +3 Skl +1 Spd +1 Def +2 Res +2 Con +1 Mov +1 and the skill. Sure strike, which gives a level percent chance of instantly hitting your foe.

She starts with an iron bow, and healing juice.

And she is not bad with a bow.

Here we see the leader of the bandits.

Along with some mooks carrying not recruitable items.

An an enemy thief. Thief are units capable of wielding swords, they can steal items from people that are slower then them.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Emblem" View Post
    A childhood friend of Colm who hails from Renais. She cries a lot.
    Who writes these things!?
    Truth resists simplicity.

28. - Top - End - #28

Show

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Who writes these things!?
    An underpaid programmer is my best guess

Sorry for the delay I was sick.

Spoiler: Chapter 3 part 2 of 4
    Show

Here we see the enemy has a thief. Thiefs are units that have the ability to steal items from slower folks, as well as pick locks with the lock pick, and fog of war vision.

This bandit carries a droppable door key.

This one has a chest key.

And with that knowledge we begin battle!

Hey. It's that thief that stole from Eirika. Seth. Murder him.

We did.

Eirika I choose you! Use murder now!

Colm's growths Hp 75% Str 40% Skl 40% Spd 65% Luck 45% Def 25% Res 20%

Colm is our first thief, as you can see, he's swift but rather weak. He'll always show up some of the time on our team as we'll want him to open doors, and steal expensive enemy items.

He can promote to either Assassin or Rogue.
    If he promotes to Assassin Colm gains Hp +3 Str +1 Skl +0 Spd +0 Def +2 Res +2 Con +2 Mov +0. Loses the ability to steal I believe, but gains the skill Silencer. Which gives a 50-50 chance on a crit to instantly kill a foe.
    If he promotes to Rogue Colm gains Hp +2 Str +1 Skl +1 Spd +0 Def +2 Res +2 Con +1 Mov +0. As a rogue he gains the ability to pick locks without using lockpicks.

Colm starts with a sword, a lock pick and a vulenrary.

And can barely use swords, just like Eirika when she started.

Neimi starts talking to Colm. Instead of Eirika murdering him.

Now... She's never described elsewhere as clumsy you idiot. Just because you're x, doesn't make anyone not x, into unx. If that makes sense.

Yay meta eye movement!

...But then why is Colm changing sides? Shouldn't that logically be Neimi...

Seth is given a javelin for reasons!

As Ross murders for reasons.

Not good ones though.

As Colm engages the bandit.

Ross finishes off the bandit.

Ross loots his first kill.... Through a wall.... Ross is ghost Ross?

Neimi kill steals from Colm.

As Moulder heals Colm's gaping axe wound.

Colm starts looting for the good guys.

We obtained 1 iron lance!

Now.... Neimi and Colm could support. But should they? That is up to the viewers. Please vote yes or no on whether they should support.

What does support do you ask? Well. Support is an action units can take with specific pairs of units. While within three tiles of each other the pair gains bonuses to certain stats determined by each character's affinity.

Eirika can support with Seth
    Seth can support with Eirika, Franz, and Garcia.
    Gilliam can support with Garcia, Franz, Moulder, and Neimi
    Franz can support with Seth, and Gilliam.
    Moulder can support with Vanessa, Gilliam, and Colm.
    Vanessa can support with Moulder.
    Ross can support with Garcia.
    Colm can support with Moulder and Neimi
    Neimi can support with Gilliam and Colm.
    Garcia can support with Seth, Gilliam, and Ross.

Future characters will have me say who they can support with that we have.

Here we see a hand axe.

And an iron sword.

We send the iron sword to the convoy tied to Eirika's hip.

Neimi and the ranged bandit enter an epic battle.

They continue their battle.

As Neimi finished her prey.

ARCHER fight!

Successful archer fight.

Really successful one, if it gets Moulder xp.

As Ross takes Neimi's spot.

To results!

Fight!

Moulder of course graciously heals the results of the fight.

As Ross kills another man.

And starts work on another.

To less then great results.

Neimi reteach Ross please.

To which she takes her reward.

We start using the keys.

As Seth murders a thief... Maybe he thinks it's Colm.

... Seth this is less the great....

Neimi teach Seth. You're on teaching duty.

As Moulder heals Neimi from the scrapes of teaching duty.

Neimi returns after a slight heal and coffee break.

One Javelin later!

That Colm sends to the convoy.

Eirika has waited too long. She must be appeased with blood.

Eirika... This is nice and all, but I'm getting some strength worries.

As Vanessa fights the merc.

As Moulder heals Eirika's paper cut.

As the Vanessa continues her high flying battle.

29. - Top - End - #29

Mercenaries have some of my favorite animations in Sacred Stones. Glad to see this is back and you're okay.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2017-01-10 at 04:37 PM.
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #30

Show

Mercenaries have some of my favorite animations in Sacred Stones. Glad to see this is back and you're okay.
    To fight Vanessa in the air, the Merc must first master flight!

Still not 100%, but certainly well enough to update.

Spoiler: Chapter 3 part 3 of 4
    Show

Vanessa puts the sword for hire into an early grave. Hopefully he paid enough for funeral expenses.

Moulder attempts the healing arts on Vanessa.

To less then great success.

But you can't attack right now.

But she can!

Glad to see someone can still get decent levels!

It's free xp.

Seth your next level up better be stellar.

How it's supposed to end?

But it does end that way. And 11 more xp for Moulder!

22 more!

And like that the battle is won.

Yes, because that always works, Colm.

But he said not to Neimi!

See comprise. Now what else has this game taught you.

Are they planning to hawk the royal bracelet?

Colm "So I went and got it back!"

But she didn't give you a job. You went off on your own.

Didn't he just say!

In the nick of time before Seth murdered a guy.

Yes. Every night he prayed for a bandit gang to pillage his village.

Seth "Farewell"

Well we can...

And that's our problem how?

No. That was the guy Vanessa killed.

We're not Chrom.

Seth "Here you are, Princess."

Eirika picked something up.

Can't she just order you?

As Eirika thinks with delight at all the people she can kill.

Death after death.